Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Starfinder


Pathfinder Society


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Paizo.com Gift Certificates
On Sale and Clearance!

GM Bret's PBP GD VI: Masks of the Living God

Game Master BretI


1 to 50 of 606 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Masks of the Living Gods

Please dot and delete.

Dark Archive

Ifrit Overwhelming Soul (4) | Darkvision 60ft | HP 31/31 | AC (20)13 | T (14)13 | FF (17)11 | CMD 18 | Fort +6| Ref +8 | Will +2 | Init +13 | Perception +7| Sense Motive +2| Click to view full sheet

Kriklishik wonders out to the training fields on the grounds of the Grand Lodge. "Hope nobody minds a little target practice."
Testing my AHK scripts.

Krik selects several targets from the training locker, and places them 30ft downrange.
.

The first is a simple ceramic vase. (AC 8)

Blast (SLA Ray Fire); PBS, PS wrote:
To Hit: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13Damage: 2d6 + 3 ⇒ (3, 1) + 3 = 7

He hits. The ceramics seem to take the heat well, taking no damage.

Next is a small wooden box (AC 8). "Now let's set something on fire."

A frost develops on the pane of glass separating the booths, as Kriklishik gathers all of the heat in the surrounding area in upon himself. Kriklishik himself seems to glow a dull orange.

Blast (SLA Ray Fire), PBS, PS, BI wrote:

To Hit: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27Damage: 2d6 + 3 ⇒ (3, 3) + 3 = 9

Reflex Save!:
DC15 or catch fire

Burn:
Burning Infusion +1
Gather Power -1
Net Burn: 0

The box bursts into flames. Unable to put itself out, it burns to ash.

The Exchange

Androgynous Undine
Stats:
Drgn Sprt Gd. (Or.) 2/Brawler 1|HP: 22/22|Init: +2|AC: 12*/10*FF/12*T|F:+3/R:+4/W:+3|Swm: +9|DD:+8|UMD:+7|Dip:+6|Acr,K:+5|Heal/Per/SM:+4
Usable Resources:
Hydrated Vitality: 6hp/day|Martial Flexibility: 4/4|Folio Reroll: 1/1(no stars)|Faction Pin: Exchange(+1d4 Appraise, Int., K:Local) 1/1

.

Grand Lodge

female human swashbuckler(rondelero) 2HP 23/23, AC 19, T 14, FF 1, F +1, R +7, W +2, Init +6, Perc +6

Here's grimdog73's toon...


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Masks of the Living Gods

Letter for Fran, Kriklishik, Thomas and Vlazis:

Thank you for answering my call, agents! I have a most interesting mission ahead for you. Infiltration, secrets, possibly a cult… So many things for you to dive in and find out!

We have recently received a request from Venture-Captain Tolal for field agents to aid in an investigation within Nirmathas. The local agents are too well known, which is why the request was forwarded to me. Go meet with her, she’ll be able to give you the juicy details.

Please use the vouchers included with this missive to travel to Greengold in Kyonin. There you should meet up with other field agents at an inn called The Blonde Oak. Arrangements have been made for you to go from there to Tamran aboard the Black Mist.

There is no time to fool around, you need to get moving!

Venture Captain Drandle Dreng


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Masks of the Living Gods

Letter for Ramon:
Ramon, I've got an excellent opportunity ahead for you!

Remember your little sojourn in Kassen? Cygar looked around some more and found evidence about the scoundrels who did a number on the burial chamber. Seems they came from Tamran! Better yet, Venture-Captain Tolal needs agents for an investigation that I believe may be related.

Since you were a part of the mission in Kassen, you may be able to find connections others wouldn't recognize!

Please meet the others in your group at the Blonde Oak, an inn in Greengold. Arrangements have been made for you to go from there to Tamran aboard the Black Mist.

Get over there and find me some evidence!

Venture Captain Drandle Dreng


Masks of the Living Gods

There will be a letter for Shayna once I get an answer to a PM sent earlier today.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Masks of the Living Gods

This starting location is outside the actual adventure.

Greengold is a mostly human town that at first glance appears like any other port city.

It is a busy trading town that is well known for being the only stable, legal market for goods produced by the elves of Kyonin. It is a small but thoroughly cosmopolitan city. It hosts diplomats, traders, and expatriates from most every nation in the Inner Seas and beyond. Respected ambassadors to Queen Telandia Edasseril can embark from here to the Kyonin interior if they meet official approval, and all civilized people are welcome to stay in Greengold as long as they can afford it.

There are two things that most set Greengold apart from other towns. The first is the the yellow roofs on every building. The second is the trees that grow in odd places -- including up through the middle of the inn you were to meet at.

The Blonde Oak is a modest inn with a common room serving food and drinks at all hours of the day. There is an elevated set of three seats hanging from the tree that are used by minstrels. The most inexpensive sleeping arrangements would be rental of a cot or hammock in the sleeping space. There are over two dozen cots and hammocks in the room. There are also individual rooms.

As you enter, a male half-orc with a towel over his shoulder calls out “Welcome! What’ll you have? I’m Grimby, the current proprietor here.

Feel free to interact and get to know each other as you arrive at the Inn.

Dark Archive

1 person marked this as a favorite.
HP: 14/14 l AC: 12, T 12, FF 10 l CMD 13 l F +2, R +2, W +4 l L1: 3/3 l Init +2 l Senses: Perception +1
Skills:
Diplomacy +7, Handle Animal +4, Kn. Arcana/Local +8, Kn. Nature +7, Spellcraft +8, UMD +6
Female Half-Elf Witch (Dimensional Occultist) 2 l Active Condtions:

A young woman with short, light-brown hair, green eyes, and slightly pointed ears walks into the Blonde Oak and stops, staring in wonder at the tree growing right through the heart of the building. She's dressed in simple traveling clothes and carries a pack on her shoulders as well as a longspear. A small orange and white cat, not much more than a kitten really, pads into the inn behind her.

For a moment she doesn't seem to hear the half-orc calling to her in greeting, until a maow from the cat snaps her out of her reverie. "Oh, I'm sorry! Um...milk, milk is just fine please, Mr. Grimby," she responds apologetically. She looks around for a moment as if searching for someone and then looks down at the cat.

"I think we might be the first ones here, kitty. Let's have a seat and watch for others, okay?" she says in a conversational tone before taking a seat at the bar.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Masks of the Living Gods

He looks at the cat for a moment, then back at Fran. "Will auroch milk do?"

As he says this, he sets out a bowl, a glass and a carafe.

Dark Archive

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Ifrit Overwhelming Soul (4) | Darkvision 60ft | HP 31/31 | AC (20)13 | T (14)13 | FF (17)11 | CMD 18 | Fort +6| Ref +8 | Will +2 | Init +13 | Perception +7| Sense Motive +2| Click to view full sheet

Pre-adventure adventuring:

Greengold? Kyonin? So it's to be elves. Wonder what it means that the locals are too recognizable. Infiltration? Hmm...

Kriklishik makes a stop at the offices of the Dark Archives to requisition some supplies, then he heads out into town. On the way to the docks, he makes a few purchases. (See Discussion Thread.)

Kriklishik uses the voucher to secure passage with a caravan. The time passes easily. During the day, he sleeps. During the night, he helps with the watch or reads back over the reports of the last couple of missions. (He always keeps a copy for himself.) Hard to believe a haunted tomb in Ustalav lay dormant all this time...


A thin, unassuming man enters the inn, his long black hair pulled into a tight bun at the base of his head and held together with a plain bit of black cord. He wears a simple traveling cloak, boots, and a plain traveling dagger in a simple sheath on his belt

GM info:
Kriklishik is attempting to appear human. Disguise is +13 with my new hat, but changing races is -2. Disguise is supposed to be rolled in secret, so that's up to you. The hat is disguising itself as the cord in my bun.

He walks aimlessly up to the bar, pulls out a stool next to the longspear that leans against the bar, and smiles at Grimby as he takes his seat. "What's the hot plate this afternoon? It's been quite a day! And bring me the coldest water you have!"

When his water arrives, sets it down between himself and the half-elf, and casually spins the cup before taking a sip and setting it down elswhere. "What brings you here?" he says, as he idly draws his finger through the ring of water left behind like so.

Bluff take 10 for 17:
Pass a secret message - "I'm looking for someone, and that someone can finish this symbol."

The Exchange

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Androgynous Undine
Stats:
Drgn Sprt Gd. (Or.) 2/Brawler 1|HP: 22/22|Init: +2|AC: 12*/10*FF/12*T|F:+3/R:+4/W:+3|Swm: +9|DD:+8|UMD:+7|Dip:+6|Acr,K:+5|Heal/Per/SM:+4
Usable Resources:
Hydrated Vitality: 6hp/day|Martial Flexibility: 4/4|Folio Reroll: 1/1(no stars)|Faction Pin: Exchange(+1d4 Appraise, Int., K:Local) 1/1

Previously:

Ramon peered at the note and shuddered a bit, tail twitching as they recalled the nightmarish expedition through the Crypt near Kassen. It was their first real mission for the Society. In exchange for the 'favor' that Trade Prince Aaqir al'Hakam had offered through Guaril Karela's contacts -- a way to get rid of the draconic taint they had been laboring under for the better part of a decade.

The mission was nearly a disaster, and it was the most harrowing experience they had been through. The 'cure' for the draconic taint didn't work, and it made things even worse, blending far too much Water into them, doing other things they'd rather not think about..

Tamran. Plenty of business opportunities there, but we will need to watch our step. Maybe we'll be able to figure out more about what that mask meant, or why they were raiding that tomb in particular...

A bluish-hued humanoid entered the Blonde Oak, clad in a gown of female cut with a very shiny mithril breastplate over the gown. That was not the most telling thing about the apparent woman, but rather the thick draconic tail that protruded from their backside. On closer look, there was tell-tale webbing between their fingers, and their ears were long and somewhat finned.

When prompted by the half-orc, they tilt their head, considering for a moment. "Something inexpensive, please, I'm on a bit of a budget right now after picking up the armor."

The tone is slightly bubbly and musical, with mixed tones of both deeper resonance characteristic of the ocean depths as well as the light sprightly dance of a forest spring.

"Sorry, this takes some shaking out sometimes, I promise I won't get your floor wet."

They glance around a bit at the others present, squinting a bit at Krik's waterwork.

Sense Motive(DC 17): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20

Response to Secret Message:
The bluish person peers at the waterwork and shrugs, turning it into a Glyph of the Open Road with little hesitation.

K: Planes (DC 5):

Yep, they appear to be an Undine, or at least appear to have all the characteristic markings of one.

"Ramon Azure, also go by 'Ray' for short, and..." They look down at themselves for a moment. "It seems today is female pronouns. Hopefully that will hold for the mission. That IS what you are here for, right? He Who Wakes At Night Sent You?"

Bluff (Take 10 for 13):
He Who Wakes At Night is very clearly a reference to Drendle Dreng.

Dark Archive

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Human (Osiriani) Herald Caller of Dispater 2 (Cleric) | HP 15/15 | AC 13, T 10, FF 13 | Fort +4, Ref +0, Will +5 | Init +0 | Perc +2 | Channels Remaining: 8/8

Vlazis walks into the Blonde Oak with a smile on his lips, and a generous tip for the groom.

He's a devilishly handsome man with a slight build, dressed in an outfit that closely mimics the uniform of a Chelish Regular, complete with the proudly displayed symbols of Asmodeus and his Archdevils, Dispater's being shown most prominently. His wayfinder is discretely tucked away, however.

A glass of the red, please, he replies with a genuine smile, I could use something to sluice away some of this dust. He removes his traveling cloak as he says this, shaking his head ruefully at the stains it has acquired.

While he awaits his drink he casts his eye across the rest of the clientele. Familiar, planetouched, another planetouched? Tears of the Unworthy, I thought Dreng meant for us to not scream Society to any passers by! Well, perhaps a motley crew of adventurers will be sufficient to deflect any unwelcome questions.

Once his glass is in hand he strolls over to Fran, Kriklishik and Ramon's table, Good day to you. Do you mind if I share this table, and hopefully some conversation? The Open Road here's been a lonely one thus far.

The Exchange

Kitsune Swashbuckler(mouser) 1/Ninja 2
Stats:
HP 23/23, AC 16/ T 13/FF 13, F+1, R+8, W+0, Init +5, Speed 30ft, Low light Vision, CMB +3, CMD 16

Taking 10 on social rolls? That's a 1st to see.

Thomas was reading the letter.
"Infiltration? Sugoi! A challenge!"

Pocketing it, he heads over to the inn.
His appearance is a young slim man, with dark brown hair and Tien features, dressed in leather. His eyes a bright amber.

With some certain people standing out, the most remarkable one he sees, is a half-elven woman and..(A KITTY!)

As he goes by a table of an unattentive patron, he snatches a little fish.
Take 10 for 18 on sleight of hand.
Take 10 for 19 on stealth.

Walking between nearby people, he sits down on one knee near the Kitty.
He puts down the fish near the Kitty, waiting to see if the gift is accepted.

Dark Archive

Ifrit Overwhelming Soul (4) | Darkvision 60ft | HP 31/31 | AC (20)13 | T (14)13 | FF (17)11 | CMD 18 | Fort +6| Ref +8 | Will +2 | Init +13 | Perception +7| Sense Motive +2| Click to view full sheet

We do it all the time around here. With bluff +7 and not worrying too much about being intercepted (it's still a DC22 to intercept the accurate message), it just makes sense.

The Exchange

Kitsune Swashbuckler(mouser) 1/Ninja 2
Stats:
HP 23/23, AC 16/ T 13/FF 13, F+1, R+8, W+0, Init +5, Speed 30ft, Low light Vision, CMB +3, CMD 16

In all games i've played, i've not played otherwise than rolling for social skills. Shows new things are learned when you don't expect them.


Masks of the Living Gods

Letter for Shayna:
Shayna, I’ve an infiltration mission that I think you’ll find interesting!

That mission you had in Kassen? Those bodies you found? I don't know if you knew but Cygar is a Pathfinder field agent. After you left, he did a little more digging. Based on his reports, I want you to go to Tamran. Venture Captain Tolal has an investigation and fears her local agents are too identifiable. Get the details from her!

Since you are familiar with what happened in Kassen, I’m hoping you will be able to find a link!

Please meet the others in your group at the Blonde Oak, an inn in Greengold. Arrangements have been made for you to go from there to Tamran aboard the Black Mist.

Jump to it!

Venture Captain Drandle Dreng


Masks of the Living Gods

I generally allow Take 10 on any skill except UMD. For the social skills, it just means you are thinking before you open your mouth. :)

Since there are some who don't allow it, I will point out that I also allow Aid Another on knowledge skills. Basically you are comparing knowledge and reminding each other of the details. Aid Another normally takes a Standard action, so if you want to give up your standard action during combat you can.

Dark Archive

Ifrit Overwhelming Soul (4) | Darkvision 60ft | HP 31/31 | AC (20)13 | T (14)13 | FF (17)11 | CMD 18 | Fort +6| Ref +8 | Will +2 | Init +13 | Perception +7| Sense Motive +2| Click to view full sheet
Vlazis 'The Beloved' Chibuzo wrote:
Familiar, planetouched, another planetouched? Tears of the Unworthy, I thought Dreng meant for us to not scream Society to any passers by! Well, perhaps a motley crew of adventurers will be sufficient to deflect any unwelcome questions.

fwiw, kriklishik is attempting to appear human. Disguise is rolled by the GM, so idk how well he's doing.

Dark Archive

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Ifrit Overwhelming Soul (4) | Darkvision 60ft | HP 31/31 | AC (20)13 | T (14)13 | FF (17)11 | CMD 18 | Fort +6| Ref +8 | Will +2 | Init +13 | Perception +7| Sense Motive +2| Click to view full sheet

Kriklishik wipes his hand across the glyph.

Ray wrote:
"...He Who Wakes At Night Sent You?"

Kriklishik blinks a few times. She recognized the glyph. But what's this about someone waking at night? I got a note from one of the VC's, some Drengle fellow. Curious... Can't get it out now, though!

"...Yes.... Yes, I too am here looking for work. It was suggested that..."

Vlazis wrote:
"Good day to you. Do you mind if I share this table, and hopefully some conversation? The Open Road here's been a lonely one thus far."

"Of course! I don't believe anyone's sitting here, and I would welcome another to our delightful conversation! In my experience, I tend to find paths that cross well cross often."

Bluff 17 secret message to Vlazis, Ray, and the half-elf:
Yes, we are pathfinders. Sit, but maintain discretion.

"So tell me of your travels! Did Desna smile upon your journey?"

Dark Archive

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Human (Osiriani) Herald Caller of Dispater 2 (Cleric) | HP 15/15 | AC 13, T 10, FF 13 | Fort +4, Ref +0, Will +5 | Init +0 | Perc +2 | Channels Remaining: 8/8

Oh, sorry! I saw a description of a man, Ifrit in the header and didn't see Mostly Human on the character sheet, so I didn't realize a disguise was in effect... Was that in the GM Info spoiler? Regardless, that puts Vlazis in a much better mood

Vlazis's eyes lose a touch of their warmth and geniality, though he regains it quickly enough, I've never really believed that Desna does much to help with journeys of Purpose. Aimless wanderings have never been my style. Still, I do enjoy walking across the old empire. I'm bound for Nirmathas next. From what I've heard it's practically fallen into anarchy, but nothing is ever so lost it cannot be secured again, right?

Grand Lodge

female human swashbuckler(rondelero) 2HP 23/23, AC 19, T 14, FF 1, F +1, R +7, W +2, Init +6, Perc +6

A tall woman of Taldan descent enters the inn. She heads to the bar and asks for a mug of strong coffee. She looks around the room as she takes a pull of her drink and munches on a pastry.

I assume you lot are here for the same reason I am? she says as she strolls over to the table. Her stance indicates martial training. The wicked black blade at her side shows trainibg in the falcata, a specialty in Taldor. She grabs a chaur and sits down.

My name is Shayna, and I am pleased to meet all of you. Have I missed anything? she asks after nodding to each of the others.

The Exchange

Androgynous Undine
Stats:
Drgn Sprt Gd. (Or.) 2/Brawler 1|HP: 22/22|Init: +2|AC: 12*/10*FF/12*T|F:+3/R:+4/W:+3|Swm: +9|DD:+8|UMD:+7|Dip:+6|Acr,K:+5|Heal/Per/SM:+4
Usable Resources:
Hydrated Vitality: 6hp/day|Martial Flexibility: 4/4|Folio Reroll: 1/1(no stars)|Faction Pin: Exchange(+1d4 Appraise, Int., K:Local) 1/1

Ray will find a section of the bar to lean against, her tail lazily curling up a bit behind her under the edge of the bar.

"It's been quite the adventure, so far. My last big expedition took me up near Kassen, some of the locals wanted a group of adventurers to fulfill an ancient ritual. Things went kind of bad, though. And don't mind the tail, I forget it's there half the time."

She smirks a bit.

"Nirmathas is a somewhat unstable area at the moment?" The undine inquires with a bit of concern. "But I've heard the people are good-hearted and are making a go of it, and lots of business opportunities in the area if one has a mind for them?"

There's a brief pause as she considers Desna. "I've actually found myself gravitating more towards the Wind and the Waves lately, though it's uncertain if it is due to certain situations or just a general feeling?"

The Exchange

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Kitsune Swashbuckler(mouser) 1/Ninja 2
Stats:
HP 23/23, AC 16/ T 13/FF 13, F+1, R+8, W+0, Init +5, Speed 30ft, Low light Vision, CMB +3, CMD 16

Religious talk? These westerners get to that topic quickly.

Dark Archive

Ifrit Overwhelming Soul (4) | Darkvision 60ft | HP 31/31 | AC (20)13 | T (14)13 | FF (17)11 | CMD 18 | Fort +6| Ref +8 | Will +2 | Init +13 | Perception +7| Sense Motive +2| Click to view full sheet

"Well, my journey was blessed by Densna's pleasure. It was relatively uneventful. The caravan guards were quite skilled. I'm told a few highwaymen got inside what they called the 'Kill Zone' on the third night. (The zone was almost 100ft across. I was impressed.) One of them fell, but the rest ran. They told me that was on purpose - that the survivors would spread word that we were too well-guarded to be worth attacking. They must be right, because after that, we didn't have any other trouble. Well worth the money spent!"

Kriklishik drains his water and orders something a little stronger.

"I'm Kriklishik. My friends call me Krik. Pleasure to make your acquaintance!"

Dark Archive

Male Human (Osiriani) Herald Caller of Dispater 2 (Cleric) | HP 15/15 | AC 13, T 10, FF 13 | Fort +4, Ref +0, Will +5 | Init +0 | Perc +2 | Channels Remaining: 8/8

Vlazis nods respectfully to Shayna as she pulls up a chair. A Taldan duelist... Part of Morilla's Court? Uncertain.

I am Vlazis Chibuzo, called by some The Beloved, he turns his attention to Krik, Your caravan guards are to be commended for their expertise.
Few have the perspicacity to pierce the shadow of night at such a distance, and fewer still with such an advantage would restrain themselves to using fear in avoiding further conflict.

Dark Archive

HP: 14/14 l AC: 12, T 12, FF 10 l CMD 13 l F +2, R +2, W +4 l L1: 3/3 l Init +2 l Senses: Perception +1
Skills:
Diplomacy +7, Handle Animal +4, Kn. Arcana/Local +8, Kn. Nature +7, Spellcraft +8, UMD +6
Female Half-Elf Witch (Dimensional Occultist) 2 l Active Condtions:

Fran shifts in her seat, suddenly feeling incredibly shy as well as rather unprepared as what appear to be several senior agents filter into the Blonde Oak and discretely make themselves known by one method or another. She finally remembers her milk order and nods at Grimby.

"Um yes, auroch milk is fine please," she mumbles. Taking a deep breath, she finally joins the conversation happening around her.

"Kitty and I got back from this little place in Andoran called Sauerton not long ago," she responds. "We uh...helped to track down someone that was missing. Kitty and I seem to find that sort of work often and so I guess we're getting rather good at it," Fran explains, smiling nervously.

"I'm Fran Belmont and this is my dearest friend in all the world, Mr. Sunshine. It's very nice to meet all of you."

Dark Archive

HP: 7/7 l AC: 15, T 14, FF 13 l CMD 7, 11 vs. trip l F +1, R +4, W +4 l Init +2 l Senses: Perception +5, Low Light Vision, Scent
Skills:
Climb +6, Stealth +14
Male Cat Familiar 2 l Active Conditions:

Mr. Sunshine watches the comings and goings of the Blonde Oak with interest but suddenly finds himself distracted by a tasty morsel in the form of a fish. He looks up at the strange man kneeling down near to him and then at the fish. He sniffs it for a moment and then offers a happy "Prrt!"

Before tucking into the fish he rubs his head against the man's leg.

Thank you very much!

The Exchange

Kitsune Swashbuckler(mouser) 1/Ninja 2
Stats:
HP 23/23, AC 16/ T 13/FF 13, F+1, R+8, W+0, Init +5, Speed 30ft, Low light Vision, CMB +3, CMD 16

Thomas is happy the Kitty accepts his gift, and kindly scratches Kitty behind the ear, before making a proper introduction to the others.

"Good day, everyone. I'm Thomas Hasoshi, i've been on a mission break for a while, so this should be fun."

Human, human, elfy'ish, a...water spirit?
This should be something good.

Dark Archive

Ifrit Overwhelming Soul (4) | Darkvision 60ft | HP 31/31 | AC (20)13 | T (14)13 | FF (17)11 | CMD 18 | Fort +6| Ref +8 | Will +2 | Init +13 | Perception +7| Sense Motive +2| Click to view full sheet

"Well, it looks like there's a few hours yet before nightfall," - GM - weather? - "and tomorrow I'll have to make myself useful in some way, so why not enjoy it? Anyone up for a walk down by the docks?"

Kriklishik reaches into his pouch and pulls out a few coins.
He walks the coins up to the bar.

"This should take care of the table, yes?"

Coins:
5gp; this would cover dinner and drinks for everyone even if we'd all gotten the hot plate (good meal) and a tankard of mead. Some had less. Some, I didn't even see ordering. I'm guessing 1gp would've covered most of it, so the remaining 3-4gp is a gratuity.

Diplomacy to improve attitude: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (19) + 10 = 29 + any bonus for the tip

I figure if he likes us, he'll do a better job answering questions should it come up. But it also doesn't raise suspicion like asking outright would.

Krik then turns and walks toward the door - then stops and turns around. "Say, which way IS the dock district?"


Masks of the Living Gods

"Thank you!" Grimby says as he scoops up the coins.

Hearing your question, he says "Just down the street that way..." gesturing to the southwest "and hang a right at the birch sapling. Follow that along and you will be able to see the docks. When in doubt, head down hill!"

The Exchange

Androgynous Undine
Stats:
Drgn Sprt Gd. (Or.) 2/Brawler 1|HP: 22/22|Init: +2|AC: 12*/10*FF/12*T|F:+3/R:+4/W:+3|Swm: +9|DD:+8|UMD:+7|Dip:+6|Acr,K:+5|Heal/Per/SM:+4
Usable Resources:
Hydrated Vitality: 6hp/day|Martial Flexibility: 4/4|Folio Reroll: 1/1(no stars)|Faction Pin: Exchange(+1d4 Appraise, Int., K:Local) 1/1

"Thank you Mister Grimby! Your hospitality is top-notch and I'll be sure to pass along word to Uncle Karela and his boss Mister al'Hakam for you, see if maybe they can get you a discount for some future supplies if you want."

Not really leaning on doing a 'build a caravan/trade route' as much as 'being polite and letting Grimby know that the Exchange is willing to help out with supply needs if desired.

Ray looks to the rest of the folks that decide to head along with to the Docks, an odd mixture of both staid and sober representation and the giddy bouncy energy of rapids.

"So, as I mentioned earlier I'm Ray. I kind of bounce around because there are things that are still settling out. It's a long boring story and exposition is bad for these kind of things. I'm from Thuvia initially, but I hate the desert and blue dragons suck. Where are you all from?"


Masks of the Living Gods

The group has no problem finding the docks, and after a few questions manage to find the ship.

The Black Mist is a small trading barge. When you get there, you see a male dwarf and a heavily scarred Kellid man moving about the deck and checking the ropes. The dwarf is whistling a happy little tune as he works.

The Exchange

Kitsune Swashbuckler(mouser) 1/Ninja 2
Stats:
HP 23/23, AC 16/ T 13/FF 13, F+1, R+8, W+0, Init +5, Speed 30ft, Low light Vision, CMB +3, CMD 16

Since GM called for it.
Disguise as human: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (17) + 13 = 30

Damn, this fox is prepared.

A Sibat is too large to hide.
A wrist sheathe gives +2 to hide the dagger in it.
Hiding dagger: 1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 8 + 2 = 25
Hiding crowbar underneath clothes.: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20

He only has the Tonfa and Sibat in the open.

Dark Archive

HP: 14/14 l AC: 12, T 12, FF 10 l CMD 13 l F +2, R +2, W +4 l L1: 3/3 l Init +2 l Senses: Perception +1
Skills:
Diplomacy +7, Handle Animal +4, Kn. Arcana/Local +8, Kn. Nature +7, Spellcraft +8, UMD +6
Female Half-Elf Witch (Dimensional Occultist) 2 l Active Condtions:

"Come on kitty, we've got to be going! Thank you for the food and the milk Mr. Grimby!" Fran calls as she hurries out of the Blonde Oak after the others.
______

"Mr. Sunshine and I come from Karcau in County Sinaria, which is in Ustalav," she responds to Ray's question. "It's a nice city to live in, which is good since there's not really anything nice outside of it. Just dreary swamps and dark forests. Not as bad as uh, deserts and blue dragons maybe, but bad enough."

When they arrive at the docks, Fran watches the pair of sailors work for a few moments. "Well, he seems like he's in a good mood," she comments hopefully. "Um, sir? Hello there!" she calls out, waving. "We're here to seek passage on your ship, please!"

Gear & Hidden Stuff:

Fran makes no special effort to hide anything that she's carrying, though she does have a dagger in a spring-loaded wrist sheath on her right arm. No ranks in Sleight of Hand, though.

Grand Lodge

female human swashbuckler(rondelero) 2HP 23/23, AC 19, T 14, FF 1, F +1, R +7, W +2, Init +6, Perc +6

Well, if my blade hasn't given it away, I'm from Taldor, just outside Cassomir. I'm following my brother and cousins in serving the society. They don't know I am an agent yet.

As they leave, she thanks the barkeep for the service. She keeps here eyes open as they walk towards the docks.

Ho, Black Mist. We have passage booked on your ship. Mind if we come aboard?Shayna's not hiding anything, except for a dagger in a wrist sheath....kinda hard to hide a bow and such


Masks of the Living Gods

The dwarf looks up from his work, then wanders over to the railing.

"Booked passage?" he asks, somewhat confused. He scratches his chin through his beard for a moment.

"This is the Black Mist." He pauses a moment to look the group over, then adds "We don't take passengers, but did arrange for a group of mercenaries to guard the ship during the voyage."

With a chuckle, he then starts down the gangplank to the dock. "Let me see your papers. I suspect someone was saving a few coppers when doing the logistics." Must have a dwarven quartermaster.

As he arrives at the base of the gangplank, he announces "I'm Captain Walren."

Dark Archive

Ifrit Overwhelming Soul (4) | Darkvision 60ft | HP 31/31 | AC (20)13 | T (14)13 | FF (17)11 | CMD 18 | Fort +6| Ref +8 | Will +2 | Init +13 | Perception +7| Sense Motive +2| Click to view full sheet

"Well, seems this will be a working vacation after all. Our, ehm, travel agent, I suppose, didn't mention anything about traveling for hire, but it does fit with the usual protocol."

Kriklishik looks around at the others.

"I know I didn't personally receive any 'papers' concerning this leg of our travels. If one of the others did, I hope they'll speak up now. But regardless, if no other mercenary team shows up, I think I speak for the team when I say we'd be happy to take the job. Mercenary protection in exchange for passage to Tamran, as well as a fair share of any loot that is obtained as a direct result of our protection - that is, if the ship is beset by pirates and we fight them off, we keep any captured valuables. Naturally, any amount needed to repair damage the attackers caused to your vessel would be subtracted, up to the value of the captured goods."

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (1) + 10 = 11

Heh. Not so likely with a roll like that! Maybe he's already helpful...

Just like the society; send us out here without papers to do a job they haven't fully described.

Grand Lodge

female human swashbuckler(rondelero) 2HP 23/23, AC 19, T 14, FF 1, F +1, R +7, W +2, Init +6, Perc +6

My mistake, Captain. Those mercenaries would be us. I am Shayna, delighted to meet you. I take it this is your first mate? she says indicating the Kellid man.

The Exchange

Androgynous Undine
Stats:
Drgn Sprt Gd. (Or.) 2/Brawler 1|HP: 22/22|Init: +2|AC: 12*/10*FF/12*T|F:+3/R:+4/W:+3|Swm: +9|DD:+8|UMD:+7|Dip:+6|Acr,K:+5|Heal/Per/SM:+4
Usable Resources:
Hydrated Vitality: 6hp/day|Martial Flexibility: 4/4|Folio Reroll: 1/1(no stars)|Faction Pin: Exchange(+1d4 Appraise, Int., K:Local) 1/1

Ray blinks a few times.

"Well, Captain Walren, I'm certain that Mister Dreng, the person you contracted with for services, will be please to know that his mercenaries are performing well and up to the task." she begins, then tilts her head as Krik goes on a legalese tear that a Kalistradian Prophet would be proud of.

"Bearing in mind, of course, Captain, that a vessel at sea is the domain of it's Captain, and all matters aboard are their purview, with all due respect."

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19

"But in the meantime, before we make way, is there anything you might need done around your vessel, in the efforts of good will and all?"


Masks of the Living Gods

With a wave in the general direction of the Kellid, he says "Ewem." as he nods affirmative to Shayna.

Looking around, he asks "You sure you don't have any papers?"

Figures. I'm never using Clever Krunk again when hiring mercenaries! No telling where this lot came from!

Before you have a chance to answer he gives a small grumble and then steps to the side of the gangplank. "Well, get aboard the lot of you. Hammocks in the cabin. Now that you lot are here we can cast off within the hour."

Giving Ray a look, he asks "You ever sailed? If not, we will handle it."

Dark Archive

Ifrit Overwhelming Soul (4) | Darkvision 60ft | HP 31/31 | AC (20)13 | T (14)13 | FF (17)11 | CMD 18 | Fort +6| Ref +8 | Will +2 | Init +13 | Perception +7| Sense Motive +2| Click to view full sheet

"Never been sailing, to be honest. But I'm always glad to help where I'm able."

Kriklishik boards quickly and follows the directions to the cabin. He selects a hammock, tosses his blanket and bag up on it, and waits for the others.

"We should plan out a watch. I'm happy to take an evening shift, but, well, let's just say if someone were to sneak up on me, it wouldn't be the first time."

The Exchange

Androgynous Undine
Stats:
Drgn Sprt Gd. (Or.) 2/Brawler 1|HP: 22/22|Init: +2|AC: 12*/10*FF/12*T|F:+3/R:+4/W:+3|Swm: +9|DD:+8|UMD:+7|Dip:+6|Acr,K:+5|Heal/Per/SM:+4
Usable Resources:
Hydrated Vitality: 6hp/day|Martial Flexibility: 4/4|Folio Reroll: 1/1(no stars)|Faction Pin: Exchange(+1d4 Appraise, Int., K:Local) 1/1

Ray shakes her head vigorously. "Never been sailing, but no stranger to hard work, Captain." A pleasure yacht in Druma does NOT count as 'sailing', especially when it's half-driven by magic. "If you need emergency repairs done below the waterline, though, I might be able to swing it, given that I can breathe water just as well as air. Never hurts to have options, at least?"

When given the direction to board she does so, expediting the acquisition of a hammock for her gear but resting beneath it, as she doesn't think she'll quite fit in it.

Grand Lodge

female human swashbuckler(rondelero) 2HP 23/23, AC 19, T 14, FF 1, F +1, R +7, W +2, Init +6, Perc +6

The only papers I have is this letter sent to me. It does say to meet you here for transport....that close enough? And sailing, not really. I have been on short day trips on a ship before, but nothing long. I can help out if needed, just a short how to should get me going...

The Exchange

Androgynous Undine
Stats:
Drgn Sprt Gd. (Or.) 2/Brawler 1|HP: 22/22|Init: +2|AC: 12*/10*FF/12*T|F:+3/R:+4/W:+3|Swm: +9|DD:+8|UMD:+7|Dip:+6|Acr,K:+5|Heal/Per/SM:+4
Usable Resources:
Hydrated Vitality: 6hp/day|Martial Flexibility: 4/4|Folio Reroll: 1/1(no stars)|Faction Pin: Exchange(+1d4 Appraise, Int., K:Local) 1/1

Ray will present her letter as well, but doesn't anticipate it being very helpful. After all, it didn't give particulars beyond 'has been arranged'.

Dark Archive

HP: 14/14 l AC: 12, T 12, FF 10 l CMD 13 l F +2, R +2, W +4 l L1: 3/3 l Init +2 l Senses: Perception +1
Skills:
Diplomacy +7, Handle Animal +4, Kn. Arcana/Local +8, Kn. Nature +7, Spellcraft +8, UMD +6
Female Half-Elf Witch (Dimensional Occultist) 2 l Active Condtions:

"Huh, I guess we all got the same letter didn't we?" Fran comments as she too produces a small piece of parchment. "Hopefully that'll help but even if it doesn't then we can still help keep your ship safe just like Kriklishik and Ray said, sir."

Once aboard the ship, she follows the others to their cabin and claims a hammock in the corner. "I've never slept in one of these before and I've never been on a proper ship before, either. We're having all sorts of new experiences today, aren't we kitty?"

When Kriklishik suggests setting up a watch, Fran nods. "Us too, we'll help," she says resolutely. "Mr. Sunshine and I can take any of the watches but we might be the most helpful on one of the middle watches since we can see better in the dark."

The Exchange

Kitsune Swashbuckler(mouser) 1/Ninja 2
Stats:
HP 23/23, AC 16/ T 13/FF 13, F+1, R+8, W+0, Init +5, Speed 30ft, Low light Vision, CMB +3, CMD 16
Ray wrote:
I'm from Thuvia initially, but I hate the desert and blue dragons suck. Where are you all from?"

"I come from the east, the beautiful Tian Xia, continent of the rising sun."

Later at the ship reception.
I'll stay quiet and let the westerners do the talking here.
Thomas takes a quick glance at the ship, looking to see if there is a place to relax at.
Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17

Just long enough for the others to arrange passage.
Once aboard, he's not in an immediate rush to claim a hammock.

"I'll take watch with you, miss Fran.
For the same reason."


Masks of the Living Gods

Seeing the various people pulling out papers, he holds out his hand towards you.

Once any of you gives him the papers, he quickly sorts through them and pulls out one slip. The slip simple says Black Mist, Greengold, Tamran and has a nearly illegible signature at the bottom.

Handing back the res t, he says "This is what I was hoping each of you had." Looking down at it, he grumbles. "Seems it is a little light on details."

With a shrug, he says "Well, close enough. If you lot know how to stand watch and use those weapons some of you are carrying, I suspect this will work fine,"

Waving you towards the gangplank, he says "Git aboard, I want to cast off soon!"

Sorry, I guess I'll have to work on the clarity of my descriptions.

Dark Archive

3 people marked this as a favorite.
HP: 7/7 l AC: 15, T 14, FF 13 l CMD 7, 11 vs. trip l F +1, R +4, W +4 l Init +2 l Senses: Perception +5, Low Light Vision, Scent
Skills:
Climb +6, Stealth +14
Male Cat Familiar 2 l Active Conditions:

Mr. Sunshine seems a bit less enthused about being aboard the ship and hunkers down underneath Fran's hammock.

Tell the Captain to make sure to get us there in one piece, Fran. I'm not made for swimming!

1 to 50 of 606 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Bret's PBP GD VI: Masks of the Living God All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.