Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

GM Brayden's "Rise of the Runelords"

Game Master Brayden Green

Rise of the Runelords was the first adventure path released in the Pathfinder Adventure Path line and debuted in August 2007.
“ From the idyllically peaceful coastal town of Sandpoint to an ancient lost city at the top of the world, Rise of the


101 to 150 of 1,268 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

HP: 22/28 NL: 0 | AC 18/12/16 | F +5, R +2, W+1 | Per:+6, Init: +2 | Rage: 14/14

Hello just making sure this gets in my campaign tab. Thanks for having me.


Male **Smuggler's Shiv Hex Map** Mad Scientest - Level Absolute **Smuggler's Shiv Editable Map**

Xue decides that she would like to go take part in the fencing tournament, so she bids leave of Bugsby, and the others, because it is about to start.

Is there anything else you would like to accomplish in this area with any of the NPC's or food here?

Next up, the obstacle course!


Male [HP:25, Atk:+6, AC:16/12/14 Fort+6 Ref+2 Will+1; Per+6; Init+3]

dotting


Sorcerogue 3 | HP:22, AC: 13/13/11, F2 R5 W3, INIT: +8, Range: +5, Melee: +1, lXbow: 1d6, Perc +8 Stealth +11

With a smile and a wave, and a last wistful glance at that terribly interesting complexion, Bugsby waves to Xue, hopeful that their paths will cross again.

Not I, said the Bugsby. I was waiting for a request to make some 'rolls' Haha! get it!? "Rolls" and it's a cooking contest! haha, Hoho..oooooboy. Alright I'm ok now.


Male **Smuggler's Shiv Hex Map** Mad Scientest - Level Absolute **Smuggler's Shiv Editable Map**

None of you have "profession: cooking" or "craft:Kraft" (SEE WHAT I DID THERE?!?!) So, yeah you are there to eat and chat.


Male **Smuggler's Shiv Hex Map** Mad Scientest - Level Absolute **Smuggler's Shiv Editable Map**

Just waiting to see if zen and iodem have any more to say or do at the cooking contest.

We'll be starting the obstacle course this afternoon/ night.


Male Human Fighter2/ AC18,FF,14,T14/ HP (14/20) /Init +10/Perception +2/Fort +5, Ref+4, Will +1/ +4 M, +6 R/ Bow 1d8

pretty much had my fill of it, bring on the obstacle course!


Sorcerogue 3 | HP:22, AC: 13/13/11, F2 R5 W3, INIT: +8, Range: +5, Melee: +1, lXbow: 1d6, Perc +8 Stealth +11

"Fill of it" teehee!


Male **Smuggler's Shiv Hex Map** Mad Scientest - Level Absolute **Smuggler's Shiv Editable Map**

Zen, Iodem, and Bugsby say goodbye to the people they talked to at the "cookoff" at sand street. It is just a few blocks over to the obstacle course in the main market. (Big open area, south on the map). They have been working on the obstacle course for the better part of a week. There is a large construct that you see, in front of you. It features some areas to climb, to swing across a rope, to break down barriers in front of you, to shoot a bow and hit a target, to sprint, and then a "swirling balls area" (think: the obstacle course thing in "First Knight" without all the chopping blades ;) )

There is a huge crowd cheering on the people, and "Oohing," and "Aahing" whenever anyone dodges the obstacles. This is clearly the most popular event, and many of the townspeople had a hand in either building it, or rigging the contraptions inside.

** A warning. ** Though there are NOT piercing or stabbing instruments, there is a very REAL chance of getting K-T-Eff-O, as once in a while as you are watching, you are seeing the spinning machine thingy being shut down, and people being dragged over to the smelling salt area, where they wake up to cheers, and subsequent jeers. Also, there is an area of water if you fall off, and although you won't drown, you might look like an idiot if people have to jump in and rescue you. :)

Who wants to brave it?

You are standing in line, next to the smelling salt/medic area. There is a dwarf who is almost ready to go. There is a substantial prize for anyone that gets through it, with the best time. Also, anyone that even gets through will have substantial influence with people in the town watching.

Most of the town is there, including the mayor Kendra Deverin. It might be easier to tell you who *ISN'T* there, in a town of a thousand people.

I think we are going to do this in flex mode, with everyone giving me rolls at the same time. Unless you all would have more fun sitting back and watching everyone else get knocked out, and not have to worry about your rolls. Just don't want you all sitting around doing nothing just in case there is a back and forth delay. We are doing turn based movement in the obstacle course, so it is rather intense/extensive :)


Anyone in armor can definitely choose to take it off, giving you full bonuses (unless you want to keep it on)

Here's a few more details on the course, as you watch you see:

As you are watching, here is a list of what is happening: (Yes, I made my own turn based obstacle course on paper that has the DC's of each situation. Do I need to be *present* to accept "my super awesome and super nerdy GM" trophy?)

Contestants start out with a climb, then proceed to a ropeswing and (hopefully) jumping into a net, that hangs over the water. Net climb up to a platform, Jump down a few more platforms, either climb over or break through a stack of wood (you can bullrush and or charge if you desire here), get onto a spinning ball thingy that is trying to knock you out, Jump onto a platform that looks unstable and seems to be ejecting people somehow, then run (or move slowly and cautiously) across planks sitting on top of the water, to a 30 foot knotted rope, which you climb and ring the bell.

Have Fun!!! (lol)

Kerdin:
You are my first participant.

I need a climb check, acrobatics check, and then you have a choice:

  • Rope swing to netting then climb to top deck; where you can run for a ways (2 acrobatics checks + 2 climb checks)

    OR

    (*]Forget about the top deck, jump on in and start swimming

    Please hide rolls in spoiler format. I'll tell the story of what happened as soon as we have you all the way through and/or knocked out! :) We will address where you are at in the course as we go.


  • Male **Smuggler's Shiv Hex Map** Mad Scientest - Level Absolute **Smuggler's Shiv Editable Map**

    Bugsby:
    I'm going to get all the rolls together, then post the story of whether you made it, got knocked out, gave up, etc afterwards.

    If you are going to do it, I am going to need a Climb check and an acrobatics.

    Then you have a choice. Ropeswing to a net, and climb to the top rung, where you can run for a safe little while, or, jump in the water and start swimming.

    Rospeswing: I need a Strength check, and an Acro check

    Swimming, just jump on in. We will pick it up at that point, whichever you decide and whatever happens.

    Hide all your rolls and decisions in the spoiler format. Good luck!

    Iodem:
    I'm going to get all the rolls together, then post the story of whether you made it, got knocked out, gave up, etc afterwards.

    If you are going to do it, I am going to need a Climb check and an acrobatics.

    Then you have a choice. Ropeswing to a net, and climb to the top rung, where you can run for a safe little while, or, jump in the water and start swimming.

    Rospeswing: I need a Strength check, and an Acro check

    Swimming, just jump on in. We will pick it up at that point, whichever you decide and whatever happens.

    Hide all your rolls and decisions in the spoiler format. Good luck!


    Male **Smuggler's Shiv Hex Map** Mad Scientest - Level Absolute **Smuggler's Shiv Editable Map**

    Magnhlidr:
    I'm going to have you taking care of people at the end, and that is where the PCs will meet you, but if you want to run the obstacle course I don't want to deny you that, so if you do we will just say that you ran it as they were getting there.

    I'm going to get all the rolls together, then post the story of whether you made it, got knocked out, gave up, etc afterwards.

    If you are going to do it, I am going to need a Climb check and an acrobatics.

    Then you have a choice. Ropeswing to a net, and climb to the top rung, where you can run for a safe little while, or, jump in the water and start swimming.

    Rospeswing: I need a Strength check, and an Acro check

    Swimming, just jump on in. We will pick it up at that point, whichever you decide and whatever happens.

    Hide all your rolls and decisions in the spoiler format. Good luck if you decide to try!


    Male **Smuggler's Shiv Hex Map** Mad Scientest - Level Absolute **Smuggler's Shiv Editable Map**

    Zen:
    I'm going to get all the rolls together, then post the story of whether you made it, got knocked out, gave up, etc afterwards.

    If you are going to do it, I am going to need a Climb check and an acrobatics.

    Then you have a choice. Ropeswing to a net, and climb to the top rung, where you can run for a safe little while, or, jump in the water and start swimming.

    Rospeswing: I need a Strength check, and an Acro check

    Swimming, just jump on in. We will pick it up at that point, whichever you decide and whatever happens.

    Hide all your rolls and decisions in the spoiler format. Good luck!


    Male [HP:25, Atk:+6, AC:16/12/14 Fort+6 Ref+2 Will+1; Per+6; Init+3]

    DM:

    Kerdin will go for the rope swinging :) Assuming that I will have my armor off-> got my full rank skills to use

    Climb 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13
    Acrobatics 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23
    Climb 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13
    Climb 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16
    Acrobatics 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13
    Acrobatics 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13

    Just to note-> I am off to sleep for now (It is 1:30am here at this moment, Europe Germany) so will see rest of the stuff in morning. Just raising a hand here


    Male Human Fighter2/ AC18,FF,14,T14/ HP (14/20) /Init +10/Perception +2/Fort +5, Ref+4, Will +1/ +4 M, +6 R/ Bow 1d8

    GM:
    Climb:1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17
    Acrobatics:1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23
    Ropeswing
    Strength:1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17
    Acrobatics:1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24


    Male **Smuggler's Shiv Hex Map** Mad Scientest - Level Absolute **Smuggler's Shiv Editable Map**

    Thanks for the heads up Kerdin. Welcome to the best game online! Glad to have ya. I have your results below, we'll pick back up with you tomorrow

    Kerdin:
    just to keep on top of my posts, you climbed, jumped and didn't take damage, did the rope swing, jumped onto the netting successfully, and that is where you find yourself.

    That took you 2 rounds, so 12 seconds.


    Male **Smuggler's Shiv Hex Map** Mad Scientest - Level Absolute **Smuggler's Shiv Editable Map**

    Iodem:
    You climb the 10 foot wall to start out, don't take any nonlethal damage dropping back down, You easily master the ropeswing across, and land squarely at the base of the netting.

    Now I need

    10 climb checks (We probably won't use them all, but it's best to have them.)

    2 reflex saves just in case we need them,

    and a decision of whether you want to climb over the pile of wood or break through them. Climbing over is an acrobatics, and breaking through them is a strength check. Give me 2 rolls of whatever you decide.


    HP: 22/28 NL: 0 | AC 18/12/16 | F +5, R +2, W+1 | Per:+6, Init: +2 | Rage: 14/14

    GM:
    *Looks at Maggie's DEX* Yeah I think I'll stick with getting people back on their feet. EDIT: Sorry if I overstepped my bounds. I try to avoid that, but I figured this was a good opportunity to get into Maggie's head.

    Magnhildr winces in sympathy as one of the contestants takes a hard spill into the water.

    "Ouch, don't envy that one."

    She returns her attention to the table and finds the smelling salts amid the tumble of vials and bandages. Her newest patient was knocked out cold while not paying attention to what was going on. One whiff woke the poor lad up to a pounding headache.

    "Be glad that wasn't an orc weildin' an axe. Next time duck instead of tryin' to impress the lasses."

    Her voice is light and playful as she gives some soothing tea for the headache.


    Male Human Fighter2/ AC18,FF,14,T14/ HP (14/20) /Init +10/Perception +2/Fort +5, Ref+4, Will +1/ +4 M, +6 R/ Bow 1d8

    gm:

    Armor-less if you didn't guess.
    Climb checks:
    11d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21
    21d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
    31d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21
    41d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20
    51d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22
    61d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20
    71d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22
    81d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19
    91d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19
    101d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20
    Reflex 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13
    Reflex 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10

    Climb Over:
    Acrobatics 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22
    Acrobatics 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16


    Male **Smuggler's Shiv Hex Map** Mad Scientest - Level Absolute **Smuggler's Shiv Editable Map**

    Magn:
    No overstepping there I think.

    Iodem:
    You made it up the net, across the bridge, down both the platforms. The crowd is getting excited calling out to you, as you are making pretty good time.

    Now you are approaching the spinning wheel that has rotating balls. Each ball is medium size.

    The first one comes low at your knees. Do you jump over it, or go lower?

    Acrobatics, and a reflex.

    The second one comes up to head level. Do you crouch slightly, or lie flat?

    Acrobatics and a reflex.

    The third one comes right in the middle, at your waist: Do you jump over, get down on your knees, or go prone as it goes past you?

    Acrobatics and a reflex.

    Then I need a perception, and a reflex.


    Male Human Fighter2/ AC18,FF,14,T14/ HP (14/20) /Init +10/Perception +2/Fort +5, Ref+4, Will +1/ +4 M, +6 R/ Bow 1d8

    gm:

    Jumping over the first one,
    Acrobatics 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8
    Reflex 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12

    he crouches slightly under the second
    Acrobatics 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17
    Reflex 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18

    before diving prone under the third
    Acrobatics 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13
    Reflex 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18

    then
    Perception 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21
    Reflex 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19


    Sorcerogue 3 | HP:22, AC: 13/13/11, F2 R5 W3, INIT: +8, Range: +5, Melee: +1, lXbow: 1d6, Perc +8 Stealth +11

    I've been in job #2 for awhile today, and will be for a few hours more. My day job allows me to post, this one... no chance. Sorry! Feel free to wait or bot me if I'm slowing things up. Or Bugsby can just be a bystander if that's easier. *sigh*


    Male **Smuggler's Shiv Hex Map** Mad Scientest - Level Absolute **Smuggler's Shiv Editable Map**

    Iodem:
    You don't quite clear the first one, it hits your feet and spins you into a flip. You catch yourself in a crouch, though. It is actually kind of lucky that you are crouching, as the next one flies over where your head used to be. You dive low of the one that hits your knees, then stand up and move toward the platform.

    As you move toward the platform, you notice that it looks pressure loaded, on one end, so you step over it.

    You are making really good time now.

    This has taken you 54 seconds (9 rounds) and you are flying.

    Now, you come to the last stretch. You have a series of planks on top of the water in front of you.

    You can run at double speed, normal speed, slow it down and be a little cautious, or slow it down and be very cautious.

    I need your choice.

    Then I need 4 acrobatics choices, and 3 reflex saves.

    After this is the knotted rope climb, and then you ring the bell.


    Male **Smuggler's Shiv Hex Map** Mad Scientest - Level Absolute **Smuggler's Shiv Editable Map**

    You're fine Bugsby. Kerdin is finishing up tomorrow too. If you need to finish up tonight or through tomorrow it should still work.

    Though I may throw in a couple second bonus to the person that actually finishes first.


    Male Human Fighter2/ AC18,FF,14,T14/ HP (14/20) /Init +10/Perception +2/Fort +5, Ref+4, Will +1/ +4 M, +6 R/ Bow 1d8

    A lot more dice rolls then I had imagined!

    gm:

    Normal speed

    Acrobatics:1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18
    Acrobatics:1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22
    Acrobatics:1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15
    Acrobatics:1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24

    Reflex:1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15
    Reflex:1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22
    Reflex:1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22


    Male **Smuggler's Shiv Hex Map** Mad Scientest - Level Absolute **Smuggler's Shiv Editable Map**

    This is not your grandmother's obstacle course!!!

    In real life it would have been only 5 or 6 rolls. I have to have you roll all the backup rolls, just in case you fall, get pummeled, etc in advance, just to plan ahead for down time.

    Plus, now you feel like you really worked for it!!!


    1 person marked this as a favorite.
    Sorcerogue 3 | HP:22, AC: 13/13/11, F2 R5 W3, INIT: +8, Range: +5, Melee: +1, lXbow: 1d6, Perc +8 Stealth +11

    Bubsby eyes the massive structure and the many contestants currently trying, failing, as well as the many robust men and women yet to make the attempt. Steeling his resolve, the gnome quietly repeats the mantra which has guided and sustained him for so long, "To know a thing, one should probably get pummeled by that thing!" He removes his shirt from over his head as he prepares to take his turn, turning towards the crowd and flexing his stringy tendons mightily, why not give the crowd a show? With that, he turns with a determined set of his jaw, and begins.

    Obstacle Course:

    Obstacle Course begins
    Climb: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (17) - 2 = 15
    Acrobatics: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19

    Bugsby decides he wants to attempt the ropeswing and clings as best he can to the rope.
    Ropeswing
    Strength: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (14) - 1 = 13
    Acrobatics: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7


    Male **Smuggler's Shiv Hex Map** Mad Scientest - Level Absolute **Smuggler's Shiv Editable Map**

    Iodem:
    You stumble a quarter of the way into the floats, but luckily regain your balance. You head off again, not wanting to lose more precious seconds. You have only the rope now, and you make it in pretty good time.

    You ring the bell at 108 seconds (13 rounds)

    I'll shave off a round for being the first one in the group to finish. WEll done! I doubt anyone beats that.


    1 person marked this as a favorite.
    Male **Smuggler's Shiv Hex Map** Mad Scientest - Level Absolute **Smuggler's Shiv Editable Map**

    Bugsby:
    You climb with no problem, and jump down with a roll, taking no damage. As for the ropeswing, you swing across okay, but either your grip slips, or you **mistimed your jump** and you flip to the net, only grappling it at the bottom.

    BTW, I didn't mention this, but magic is allowed in the course, so long as nobody really notices. Not sure if that will change the way you play things out :) YOu could have drinken a potion or done something magicky before you start. If this will change anything you have done, let me know and we can apply it.

    Otherwise, I need you to make a STR check to avoid falling into the water.


    Male 11hp / INIT + 10 / 17 AC / 14 T / 13 Flat / + 4 / For 3 Ref 4 W -1 / + 4 Comp Bow = 1d6 + 2 / (x3) / 1d6 Sneak / CMB 2 CMB 16

    Dotting, making a char as you read this.


    Sorcerogue 3 | HP:22, AC: 13/13/11, F2 R5 W3, INIT: +8, Range: +5, Melee: +1, lXbow: 1d6, Perc +8 Stealth +11

    Obstacle Course:

    No magicky stuff, Bugsby wants the full experience, for better or worse.
    Grasping the net with all the prodigious strength of a small child, Bugsby takes a breath and hold on like his dry pants depend on it.
    STR: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (13) - 2 = 11


    Male **Smuggler's Shiv Hex Map** Mad Scientest - Level Absolute **Smuggler's Shiv Editable Map**

    Bugsby:
    Sorry didn't mean to leave you hanging on the responses there. Got Jeff's go ahead to "stat" him out a character, and to use his account to do so, lol. So now he has lots of numbers, but is probably wondering wth they all mean, lol.

    Told him to read up a bunch and to just get rp'ing. We'll all help guide him through the numbers. Phew! 1:40 am. I'm going to bed!

    p.s. You make the climb back up to the base of the nets. It is a 40 foot climb, out and up.

    I need about 10 climb checks, and 3 reflex saving throws. We won't use them all, just want them for backup just in case.


    Sorcerogue 3 | HP:22, AC: 13/13/11, F2 R5 W3, INIT: +8, Range: +5, Melee: +1, lXbow: 1d6, Perc +8 Stealth +11

    Obstacle Course:

    Bugsby's grip holds, and he begins to inch his way back up the netting, muscles trembling with effort. The small gnome isn't sure he can make it, but if he doesn't, it won't be for lack of trying!
    The Climb
    Climb 1: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (7) - 2 = 5
    Climb 2: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (12) - 2 = 10
    Climb 3: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (10) - 2 = 8
    Climb 4: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (16) - 2 = 14
    Climb 5: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (8) - 2 = 6
    Climb 6: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (5) - 2 = 3
    Climb 7: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (8) - 2 = 6
    Climb 8: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (7) - 2 = 5
    Climb 9: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (2) - 2 = 0
    Climb 10: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (20) - 2 = 18
    The Saves
    Reflex 1: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21
    Reflex 2: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17
    Reflex 3: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11


    1 person marked this as a favorite.
    Sorcerogue 3 | HP:22, AC: 13/13/11, F2 R5 W3, INIT: +8, Range: +5, Melee: +1, lXbow: 1d6, Perc +8 Stealth +11

    Flex Pre-Obstacle Course attempt at Medics station
    Bugsby notices a new face treating the poor unfortunate souls who'd failed to emerge unscathed from the course. He watched with admiration as she deftly handles patients, reaching for appropriate remedies like one would reach for an old friend. What skill! The gnome sidles up to the tent full of groans and moans before announcing himself with a smile.

    "Greetings! I don't believe we've met, Madam. Bugsby Featherfoot at your service... although, given the state of these poor folks here, you may be pressed into my service sooner than later!" The last is said with a wry chuckle. "You certainly are skilled in your craft, it's impressive to behold." With a gesture at the resting forms around them, "Is it a silly question if I ask what brings you to Sandpoint? Oh and any advice for one who is soon to attempt the crossing of this merciless structure?"


    Male **Smuggler's Shiv Hex Map** Mad Scientest - Level Absolute **Smuggler's Shiv Editable Map**

    bugsby:
    Oh, Bugsby you poor strength challenged thing. Let's see: (DC 10 to climb, miss by 5 or more you fall 5 feet and need to attempt a reflex. If missed but not by 5 or more, you stall.)

    You stall at the bottom, then climb up 5 feet, then stall, then climb up 5 feet, then stall, then fall down 5 feet, but you catch yourself from falling more,Then you stall, fall down 5 feet, catch yourself at the edge, then fall off into the water (at the zero/climb 9)

    So we are going to need swim checks if you still want to go. You can also swim to the edge.

    I will let the last climb be your acro, so you actually fall into the water pool into a graceful dive, instead of smacking the water and taking damage.

    So now we do swim checks to proceed:

    You have to make one swim check per round to stay afloat. DC 10+ means you can move, DC 5 or less means you go underwater.

    You have 40 feet of swim ahead of you, you need to make a DC 10 (calm water) to move. Success means you move 1/4 your speed (1/2 if you double move, which you can do).

    Or you can swim to the side without checking if you're done.


    female Human (HP 10, AC 16, F+3 R+4 W+5, Per+7, Init+2, Melee +3 Monk / Level 1

    so looks like my posts got ate lol

    Flex time obstacle course

    While streching out my wound up muscles

    DM:
    Climb 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18
    Acro 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10

    Ropeswing STR 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15
    Acro1d20 + 9 ⇒ (18) + 9 = 27


    Male **Smuggler's Shiv Hex Map** Mad Scientest - Level Absolute **Smuggler's Shiv Editable Map**

    post monster, Num Num Num!!!

    Zen:
    You make the climb up, and jump down. You land kind of awkward from your jump and take 1d6 ⇒ 5 of nonlethal damage.

    You nail the ropeswing and land squarely in the net.

    I'm going to need 8 climb checks and 3 reflex saves, just in case we need all of them.


    female Human (HP 10, AC 16, F+3 R+4 W+5, Per+7, Init+2, Melee +3 Monk / Level 1

    DM:

    Climb 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17
    1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25
    1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14
    1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19
    1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25
    1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9
    1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16
    1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8

    Reflex1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17
    1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19
    1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21


    Sorcerogue 3 | HP:22, AC: 13/13/11, F2 R5 W3, INIT: +8, Range: +5, Melee: +1, lXbow: 1d6, Perc +8 Stealth +11

    Obstacle Course #4:

    Bugsby more closely resembles a rag doll than a sentient being as he struggles to climb, falls, and struggles some more, eventually losing his grip, his only saving grace is managing to turn an potentially painful bellyflop into a quality dive. That 'quality dive' was marred by the fact that he required both hands to grip the hat on his head as he entered the water, but still managed to make the dive look good. He orients himself in the water and decides to continue on, the thought flitting through his mind that 'drowning is probably quite the experience!... and hopefully that skilled healer was also a good fisherwoman!'
    Figure lots of rolls will get me far enough to make it, or not! :)
    Swimming/Drowning (double moving)
    Swimming 1: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (4) - 2 = 2
    Swimming 2: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (4) - 2 = 2
    Swimming 3: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (19) - 2 = 17
    Swimming 4: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (4) - 2 = 2
    Swimming 5: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (12) - 2 = 10
    Swimming 6: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (3) - 2 = 1
    Swimming 7: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (13) - 2 = 11
    EDIT: Looks like I'll need more rolls!
    Swimming 8: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (8) - 2 = 6
    Swimming 9: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (2) - 2 = 0
    Swimming 10: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (9) - 2 = 7
    Swimming 11: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (12) - 2 = 10
    Swimming 12: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (2) - 2 = 0
    Swimming 13: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (6) - 2 = 4
    Swimming 14: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (11) - 2 = 9
    Swimming 15: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (9) - 2 = 7
    Swimming 16: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (9) - 2 = 7


    Male **Smuggler's Shiv Hex Map** Mad Scientest - Level Absolute **Smuggler's Shiv Editable Map**

    zen:
    You make it up the net quite easily, and run across the platform. You jump down the two platforms at the end. Now you have the pile of wood in front of you.

    I need a decision of whether you want to climb over the pile of wood or break through them. Climbing over is an acrobatics, and breaking through them is a strength check. Give me 2 rolls of whatever you decide, and 2 reflex saves.

    afterwards - if all goes - smoothly: If not, we'll take it from where it went wrong.

    Now you are approaching the spinning wheel that has rotating balls. Each ball is medium size.

    The first one comes low at your knees. Do you jump over it, or go lower?

    Acrobatics, and a reflex.

    The second one comes up to head level. Do you crouch slightly, or lie flat?

    Acrobatics and a reflex.

    The third one comes right in the middle, at your waist: Do you jump over, get down on your knees, or go prone as it goes past you?

    Acrobatics and a reflex.

    Then I need a perception, and a reflex.


    Male **Smuggler's Shiv Hex Map** Mad Scientest - Level Absolute **Smuggler's Shiv Editable Map**

    bugsby:

    So you are underwater. I;m going to post your results here. YOu have (14 CON x2) 28 rounds you can hold your breath. For every movement you take beyond a move that costs as one round minused. If you fail, you can't move that turn.

    Swimming 1: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (4) - 2 = 2 You don't move. 28 rds left
    Swimming 2: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (4) - 2 = 2 You don't move. 27 rds left.
    Swimming 3: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (19) - 2 = 17 [ooc] You move at 1/2 speed - 10 ft/40ft - 25 rds left

    Swimming 4: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (4) - 2 = 2 nm. 24
    Swimming 5: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (12) - 2 = 10 you move 1/2 speed - 20ft/40ft - 22 rds left
    Swimming 6: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (3) - 2 = 1nm. 21
    Swimming 7: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (13) - 2 = 1130/40 ft - 19 rds
    EDIT: Looks like I'll need more rolls!
    Swimming 8: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (8) - 2 = 6 nm. 18 rds
    Swimming 9: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (2) - 2 = 0 nm. 17 rds
    Swimming 10: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (9) - 2 = 7 nm. 16 rds
    Swimming 11: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (12) - 2 = 10 You move the final 10 ft and grab the ladder.

    You pull yourself up the ladder and find youself on a platform, a gasp comes from the crowd, as some were thinking you might have drowned and they didn't expect you to surface all the way over there 40 seconds-ish later.

    Now you see a pile of wood in front of you. You can climb over it, or break through it.

    Climb over = 2 acro checks and a reflex save.
    Break through = 2 STR checks and a reflex.


    female Human (HP 10, AC 16, F+3 R+4 W+5, Per+7, Init+2, Melee +3 Monk / Level 1

    DM:
    Climb over wood. 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17
    Reflex saves 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11

    First Ball Jump 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (10) + 9 = 19 Reflex 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
    Sec Ball crouch Slighly 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (11) + 9 = 20 Reflex 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19
    Last Ball go prone 20 + 9 = 29 Reflex 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

    Percept 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9 Reflex 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24


    Male [HP:25, Atk:+6, AC:16/12/14 Fort+6 Ref+2 Will+1; Per+6; Init+3]

    waiting my turn


    HP: 22/28 NL: 0 | AC 18/12/16 | F +5, R +2, W+1 | Per:+6, Init: +2 | Rage: 14/14
    Bugsby Featherfoot wrote:

    Flex Pre-Obstacle Course attempt at Medics station

    Bugsby notices a new face treating the poor unfortunate souls who'd failed to emerge unscathed from the course. He watched with admiration as she deftly handles patients, reaching for appropriate remedies like one would reach for an old friend. What skill! The gnome sidles up to the tent full of groans and moans before announcing himself with a smile.

    "Greetings! I don't believe we've met, Madam. Bugsby Featherfoot at your service... although, given the state of these poor folks here, you may be pressed into my service sooner than later!" The last is said with a wry chuckle. "You certainly are skilled in your craft, it's impressive to behold." With a gesture at the resting forms around them, "Is it a silly question if I ask what brings you to Sandpoint? Oh and any advice for one who is soon to attempt the crossing of this merciless structure?"

    "Magnhildr Whitescale." she gives the gnome a nod of greeting, her hands rather full at the moment trying to care for those who'd been knocked out.

    "Wouldn't be the first time a Whitescale's helped a gnome. Just try and keep your head low, stay light on your feet, and most importantly, pay attention. You don't want to end up like this fellow." She points to the lad she had just awakened lying on a cot nearby. "As for why I'm here. I heard about the cathedral being finished in Magnimar and decided to make a detour on the way up here. I'll probably be leaving as soon as the festival's over, but it was nice to meet you. Hopefully I won't see you again in here."


    Male **Smuggler's Shiv Hex Map** Mad Scientest - Level Absolute **Smuggler's Shiv Editable Map**

    Kerdin, there's no turns, so just jump in whenever. We are doing it all at the same time so as to not take forever on one person.

    Kerdin:
    Next I need about 8 strength rolls, (you can be raging if you want during all of this, by the way. Just let me know how long you want to rage for, and how much you got.)

    So, I need 8 strength rolls and 3 reflex saves.


    Male **Smuggler's Shiv Hex Map** Mad Scientest - Level Absolute **Smuggler's Shiv Editable Map**

    zen:
    As you climb over, a log slips out and you slip. You catch yourself before you plummet down to the water though, and swing yourself up to the other side.

    You make it through the balls flawlessly and you go to step on it. As you step, you feel something press down, and a set of weights set a large sack of something hard swinging at your body. It collides with you, but you roll off of it, and don't get pushed in the water. You take 1d8 ⇒ 5 points of non-lethal damage.

    EDIT: I think, if I am not mistaken you are knocked unconscious with that last blow.

    People **quickly** grab you out of the water (there is a little troop of men stationed there) and they drag you over to the smelling salts area.

    I think we should tell your story. If you want to type what happened to you, and what your char was thinking, feeling, etc. And then roleplay meeting the new "Magnhildr" character at the medic area. That will be fun! Nice job, and thanks for being honest on your die rolls.

    You gain a +2 diplomacy with the people in town until the end of the week. Also, you have a headache til you rest up :)


    female Human (HP 10, AC 16, F+3 R+4 W+5, Per+7, Init+2, Melee +3 Monk / Level 1

    well in that case considering im at 0 after that 5 point hit.

    *edit*
    will work on the anticlimatic course of events this evening. I forgot how squishy monks can be at times


    Male **Smuggler's Shiv Hex Map** Mad Scientest - Level Absolute **Smuggler's Shiv Editable Map**

    Zen, I looked up your hp and edited your spoiler with new info for you, and a prize in there.


    Male [HP:25, Atk:+6, AC:16/12/14 Fort+6 Ref+2 Will+1; Per+6; Init+3]

    DM:

    Will save rage usage

    Strenght check 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15
    Strenght check 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9
    Strenght check 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23
    Strenght check 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9
    Strenght check 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14
    Strenght check 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16
    Strenght check 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17
    Strenght check 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15

    Reflex check 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
    Reflex check 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17
    Reflex check 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20


    Sorcerogue 3 | HP:22, AC: 13/13/11, F2 R5 W3, INIT: +8, Range: +5, Melee: +1, lXbow: 1d6, Perc +8 Stealth +11

    Obstacle Course #5:

    As Bugsby breaks the surface with a great gasping breath and clambers onto the platform, he hears the gasp of the crowd. He can't help but hold his hat with both hands and whip his head around several times, launching sparkling droplets through the air in a great halo around him. Turning to the crowd with a huge smile, he allows some of the joy of the experience to be expressed in a shout, "Huzzah!" Looking ahead to the pile of wood, he considers his options, and then gets a running start at the woodpile, clearly intending to hustle over that wood!

    Climb Acrobatically
    Acrobatics 1: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22
    Acrobatics 2: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

    Reflex: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21


    Sorcerogue 3 | HP:22, AC: 13/13/11, F2 R5 W3, INIT: +8, Range: +5, Melee: +1, lXbow: 1d6, Perc +8 Stealth +11

    Flex Pre-Obstacle Course attempt at Medics station

    "It gives me no small comfort knowing a healer of your apparent caliber is on hand, just in case! Hopefully you've enjoyed Sandpoint thus far, and the Cathedral unveiling ought to be spectacular. I surely appreciate the advice, and I'll do my utmost to not let you down." He gives her a wink, "Although it'd be a shame to not see you again, perhaps under less-unconscious circumstances. The healers art has eluded me thus far, and I'd love to observe a true expert in the field." With that he gives a friendly wave and hurries off to resume his place in line, looking up as another unfortunate contestant screams in a most unmanly manner, plummeting into the water with a jarring smack. He winces in concert with the crowd at the impact, and continues on before the desire to learn from this experience fails him.

    101 to 150 of 1,268 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
    Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Brayden's "Rise of the Runelords" All Messageboards

    Want to post a reply? Sign in.

    ©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.