Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

GM Brayden's "Rise of the Runelords"

Game Master Brayden Green

Rise of the Runelords was the first adventure path released in the Pathfinder Adventure Path line and debuted in August 2007.
“ From the idyllically peaceful coastal town of Sandpoint to an ancient lost city at the top of the world, Rise of the


51 to 100 of 1,268 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Sorcerogue 3 | HP:22, AC: 13/13/11, F2 R5 W3, INIT: +8, Range: +5, Melee: +1, lXbow: 1d6, Perc +8 Stealth +11

Having spent an extremely enjoyable time eating, drinking and sharing some good conversation; Bugsby was starting to feel the effects. Eyelids were beginning to feel just the slightest bit heavy when the town crier, or some other obnoxiously loud voice reminded the diners in the square the games were started. Despite the shock into wakefulness, he cheered up quickly, Bugsby had been looking forward to the games for quite some time.

Looking around at those seated with him, Bugsby asked tthem if they'd like to discuss marching order Bugsby was quite pleased with fate and luck for allowing him such an enjoyable day so far. "Well, I have been looking forward to the Staring contest for quite some time now! Would anyone else care to peruse some of the games with me?"

Bugsby will gladly take Xue and or Zen around, acting as guide, or go with the group if that's the general preference. He's loathe to leave either woman to wander alone, that seems rude seeing as they're strangers-ish to town, unless being alone is their desire.

Whatever the decisions of the other Bugsby will do his best to participate in these games; 1) staring contest 2) bug eating 3) obstacle course 4)cook-off 5)flinching game 6)magic display
As far as desired order, he'd switch magic and cooking, but otherwise the numbers are great. Also, if still with any of the dinner group he'd like to watch anything they participate in as well.
what no drinking game? J/k


Sorcerogue 3 | HP:22, AC: 13/13/11, F2 R5 W3, INIT: +8, Range: +5, Melee: +1, lXbow: 1d6, Perc +8 Stealth +11

flextime Table Conversation

Bugsby nods appreciatively at Iodem's words, Oh I see, that explains much of my incorrect assumptions. Thank you for indulging me. I admit I don't know much of Gozreh, or many dieties at all really."
Looking around at Xue and Zen, "So did you both arrive in town today?"


Male **Smuggler's Shiv Hex Map** Mad Scientest - Level Absolute **Smuggler's Shiv Editable Map**

___________________________

flextime Table Conversation
___________________________

Xue says:

"I arrived last night. Late in the night. My invisible ninja bodyguards dropped me off at the inn, and then went out for some ale, while I slept. I woke up in the morning, and hadn't seen them until this afternoon. And you both are from the town, it seems?"gesturing to Iodem and Bugsby

Bluff: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10

Sense Motive - results if over the bluff check:
She appears to be joking, in a light airy way about the invisible ninjas.


Male **Smuggler's Shiv Hex Map** Mad Scientest - Level Absolute **Smuggler's Shiv Editable Map**

I think I would quite like that, Bugsby. After all, I think you only got into the first layer of all the secrets that I hold. I am afraid, though that you would not only be a companion but also a guide, not being from around here. If that is not unpleasant to you, than yes I would like that very much.

I'm not sure your agenda, and anything is fine with me. I would like to visit the fencing tournament when it starts, if that is something you think we could work in?

She looks at the others in case they would want to join as well. And looks to Bugsby to see if her request is agreeable or not.


Male Human Fighter2/ AC18,FF,14,T14/ HP (14/20) /Init +10/Perception +2/Fort +5, Ref+4, Will +1/ +4 M, +6 R/ Bow 1d8

"I'd be interested in watching...coughs into hand, I doubt I could trump you in that contest. I have to be sure to make the obstacle course however, I'd very much like to try my hand at that."


Male **Smuggler's Shiv Hex Map** Mad Scientest - Level Absolute **Smuggler's Shiv Editable Map**

Xue says:

Yes, the obstacle course looks fun! I don't know if I'll run in it, but it would be fun to watch. I saw them setting it up earlier this morning! as I walked past

waiting to see what zen decides to do. Is Iodem going to join Bugsby and Xue for the majority of what they do, then?


Sorcerogue 3 | HP:22, AC: 13/13/11, F2 R5 W3, INIT: +8, Range: +5, Melee: +1, lXbow: 1d6, Perc +8 Stealth +11

Nodding the affirmative to Xue's question, and listening as Iodem relates his plan. "I would very much enjoy watching anything you," his eyes include each of them, "want to indulge in as well." His eyes gleam in excitement at the rich experiences awaiting him, whether from afar or in person.

"Sounds like we can make it a group affair! Bugsby relates the games he'd like to participate in to the others.

Reposting his earlier post for visual ease

Bugsby wrote:
1)staring contest 2)bug eating 3)obstacle course 4)cook-off 5)flinching game 6)magic display


Male **Smuggler's Shiv Hex Map** Mad Scientest - Level Absolute **Smuggler's Shiv Editable Map**

Great, let's get started! For these games you will be using a variety of stats. I suggest keeping them with you if possible, so we don't need to wait as you look for the modifiers. Or memorize them, lol.

Assuming that Zen wants to jump in. If she doesn't, then we can edit that she is off doing other things.

For the staring contest, you would make your way down the road, on "Junker's Way" near the cliff edge.

There you meet a few others. Most notably, you see Gorvi who is a half orc, and Vachedi.

Bugsby, or Iodem: Are you going to be acting as town guide, meaning that you will "relay" whatever info you know about the people (being from the town) to the newcomers, or should I post that to you in "spoiler" form?

Like, are you just going to openly say "That's so and so, he's the blah blah blah in the town." So I could effectively just post to all what the common information is, rather than posting a spoiler and then having you relay that? Is that acceptable?


Male Human Fighter2/ AC18,FF,14,T14/ HP (14/20) /Init +10/Perception +2/Fort +5, Ref+4, Will +1/ +4 M, +6 R/ Bow 1d8

yeah Iodem will tag along for the amusement. Yeah Iodem can be more matter of fact, "that is the inn", I could see Bugsby adding the color, detail, and observations though, probably in a manner that Xue would like.


Sorcerogue 3 | HP:22, AC: 13/13/11, F2 R5 W3, INIT: +8, Range: +5, Melee: +1, lXbow: 1d6, Perc +8 Stealth +11

Personally I'd rather make it a handwave ~ "Bugsby and Iodem relay the information to Xue (and Zen)" and you can then just present the information. Seems a tad redundant for the GM to secretly relay it to us, so we can then openly relay it to the GM run PC. Especially since none of us know this information IRL. My two cents.

EDIT: Just reread your post and you already made the suggestion I did. So yes to your question, why don't you just post the common knowledge.


Male Human Fighter2/ AC18,FF,14,T14/ HP (14/20) /Init +10/Perception +2/Fort +5, Ref+4, Will +1/ +4 M, +6 R/ Bow 1d8

I was really just adding flavor to the handwave. I agree.


Male **Smuggler's Shiv Hex Map** Mad Scientest - Level Absolute **Smuggler's Shiv Editable Map**

Great, so for the staring contest, you have the following people.

  • Iodem
  • Zen
  • Bugsby
  • Xue
  • Vachedi (A big Shoanti dude - heavily scarred - works as the town jailor)
  • Gorvi (One of the few Half Orcs in the town. works the "garbage system" - ie they carry a red dumpster around, collect garbage, then dump it into the sea at "Junker's Edge" - much to the chagrin of the Gozreh worshipers out there)

So for the contest I am going to need an intimidate or bluff role (you choose), A constitution Roll (d20 + your modifier), your overall constitution score, and any sleight of hand tricks you may (or probably won't) want to do to your fellow challengers.

Also, if you have any other tricks you want to bring to the table, let me know. ie, spells and such. "Dirty tricks" etc.

The rules are simple. Don't blink.

I will formulate the story of what happens after I get all the rolls.


Male **Smuggler's Shiv Hex Map** Mad Scientest - Level Absolute **Smuggler's Shiv Editable Map**

Xue's rolls

Bluff: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22 She is going to try and fake struggling, to get the others to relax their guard.

Constitution: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

Con score: 14

She announces, while keeping eyes wide open: "If someone drops out now, I will give them a kiss on the cheek!


Sorcerogue 3 | HP:22, AC: 13/13/11, F2 R5 W3, INIT: +8, Range: +5, Melee: +1, lXbow: 1d6, Perc +8 Stealth +11

Spoilering rolls... not sure why :)

Bugsby's Rolls:

Bluff: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25 Going to do odd things with his eyes, like go cross-eyed, bug-eyed, and lazy-eyed to psych out his competitors
Con: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
Con Score: 14

Staring intently into the eyes of the others, "Pay no attention to the itch behind your eyelid."


Male Human Fighter2/ AC18,FF,14,T14/ HP (14/20) /Init +10/Perception +2/Fort +5, Ref+4, Will +1/ +4 M, +6 R/ Bow 1d8

Iodem's roll

Intimidate 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (7) - 1 = 6 He tries to look right through the opposition.

Constitution 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

Con Score: 14


Male **Smuggler's Shiv Hex Map** Mad Scientest - Level Absolute **Smuggler's Shiv Editable Map**

lol at the rolls. Apparently it is really, really hard to keep ones' eyes open.


Male **Smuggler's Shiv Hex Map** Mad Scientest - Level Absolute **Smuggler's Shiv Editable Map**

Zen rolls:

Bluff: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (1) - 1 = 0

Constitution: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11

Constitution Score: 12

Gorvi:

Intimidate: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16

Constitution: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

Constitution score: 16

Gorvi moves his head around and flares out his teeth. Rawr!

Vachedi:

Hits you guys with the "death stare" Intimidate. He has a look of dedication in his eyes. He is going to win this!

Deathstare/Intimidate 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (3) + 11 = 14

Constitution: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25

Constitution score is 20.

He is determined to win, bugsby and Iodem know that he is working two jobs right now, trying to earn money to purchase his kids from their Kaer Magan slavers.


Male **Smuggler's Shiv Hex Map** Mad Scientest - Level Absolute **Smuggler's Shiv Editable Map**

Here are the results:

Right from the word go, the Bugsby starts flipping his eyes around from sided to side and making weird noises with his tongue. This slips Zen up, and she busts up laughing and can't keep her eyes over.

Xue makes her claim that she will kiss the next person to drop. With her faking her eyes closed, it was just to much to handle, and whether for the kiss, or the sun in his eyes causing them to water, he bows quickly out.

Now it is up to Xue, Vachedi and Bugsby.

Xue almost gets Bugsby to give up, but his overall zaniness proves to be too much for her.

It is vachedi and Bugsby in a staredown, and Vachedi isn't backing down. If there is a price to be had, he will win it.

Rolling one last con score from Vachedi and Bugsby:

Vachedi1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20

Bugsby 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22

Preview button.... BUGSBY WINS!!!


Male **Smuggler's Shiv Hex Map** Mad Scientest - Level Absolute **Smuggler's Shiv Editable Map**

Bugsby gets 50 copper pieces!!!

Bugsby also gets +2 perception for the rest of the week! (Today is friday)

Now, on to the next one. The bug eating contest!

Does anyone want to take a shot, besides Bugsby?

Xue is out, though she will try to watch...


Male Human Fighter2/ AC18,FF,14,T14/ HP (14/20) /Init +10/Perception +2/Fort +5, Ref+4, Will +1/ +4 M, +6 R/ Bow 1d8

Iodem steps forward to sign up for the bug eating contest.


Male **Smuggler's Shiv Hex Map** Mad Scientest - Level Absolute **Smuggler's Shiv Editable Map**

I'm going to go ahead and say that Zen wouldn't want to do this. The whole monk, lady, and animal/living thing deal.

I need 3 fortitude save rolls. Put them in spoiler fashion.

Xue watches in horror as a jar of some of the foulest, smelliest bugs she has seen comes out.

There is a large crowd gathering here, but so far you guys are the only entrants.

"Hooray!" They cheer to finally see some people step to and slide some gross bugs down.

You are going to go at the same time. Showdown style.

You each take one. The crowd leans forward in anticipation, then slides back as you put them in.

Xue makes a will save to keep watching:

1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18


Sorcerogue 3 | HP:22, AC: 13/13/11, F2 R5 W3, INIT: +8, Range: +5, Melee: +1, lXbow: 1d6, Perc +8 Stealth +11

Bugsbys expression as the bugs are brought out can only be described as childish delight. The fact that they need to be eaten is forgotten for the moment as he becomes mesmerized by their quick movements, and then as the crowd leans in, Bugsby remembers his task. He has eyes only for the bugs, and any prechewing disgust is overpowered by his internal understanding that to know a thing... one should probably eat that thing. On with the learning!

Fort saves:

#1 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16
#2 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19
#3 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8


Sorcerogue 3 | HP:22, AC: 13/13/11, F2 R5 W3, INIT: +8, Range: +5, Melee: +1, lXbow: 1d6, Perc +8 Stealth +11

Flex Time Just after Staring Contest
Bugsby is quite joyous to win the contest, and all but forgets the 50cp prize. He congratulates all the other contestants on a job well done, and takes time to compliment each of them on the beauty of their iris's. "Really quite remarkable, I had no idea how grand it would be to study each of your eyeballs! He gives another fond glance around, looking into each of their eyes, not realizing this may cause discomfort for some folks. Incredibly beautiful."

He approaches Vachedi when there's a lull after the contest. "Vachedi! My good man, you were a formidable opponent, thank you for that exhilarating experience. That stare of yours... so intimidating! May I speak with you for a moment, over there?" Bugsby motions off a little ways from the group, a good ten or fifteen feet. To the others, "I'll just be a moment!"

Vachedi (GM) or DC 30 Perception:

"I wanted to ask how your efforts to free your children have been going? It's no secret you've been making a strong effort to free them from the Kaer Magan Slavers."

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15


Male **Smuggler's Shiv Hex Map** Mad Scientest - Level Absolute **Smuggler's Shiv Editable Map**

__________________________

Flextime after the staring contest:
___________________________

Bugsby/Vachedi conversation:
He says it goes well, the town has been generous giving him free board and pitching in with meals and letting him work two jobs.

You know that he won't accept charity, but he does however have some very fine arrows to sell, that he makes on the side.

"I am only 90 silver short! I should have them within a year!" he exclaims triumphantly, and not very discreetly.


Male Human Fighter2/ AC18,FF,14,T14/ HP (14/20) /Init +10/Perception +2/Fort +5, Ref+4, Will +1/ +4 M, +6 R/ Bow 1d8

Iodem looks down, slightly smirks. "They stop squirming with the first crunch" Then whispers to himself "I hope" He quickly snags the closest one.

Fort Saves:
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 241d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 61d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8


Male **Smuggler's Shiv Hex Map** Mad Scientest - Level Absolute **Smuggler's Shiv Editable Map**

The crowd gathers around as the first one goes down.

Both Iodem and Bugsby reach for the second one.

Bugsby chews his, and gets this one down easier than the first! He eagerly reaches for another one... watching at the same time what happens to Iodem.

Iodem seems like he is getting through it all right, but then a concerned look comes into his eyes. They go wide, and you see his normally dark/tanned skin go pretty white, he opens his mouth and ...

BLLLLLEEEEEEEEHHHHHHHHH!!! Vomits all over the ground.

I need DC 8 Constitution checks from everyone: (besides Iodem)


Male **Smuggler's Shiv Hex Map** Mad Scientest - Level Absolute **Smuggler's Shiv Editable Map**

Xue:

1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

lol

Xue watches the violent display of upset stomach that Iodem is displaying, and goes running for the nearest trash bin, and empties the spice-filled lunch repeatedly.


Male **Smuggler's Shiv Hex Map** Mad Scientest - Level Absolute **Smuggler's Shiv Editable Map**

Seeing this "puke free for all" that is happening, several members of the crowd, that were feeling okay, start feeling a little nauseous. With one dry heaving, and two of them joining in on the fun! The rest of the crowd scatters, and the event organizer is heard yelling "Bring in the Dogs!" Which makes a couple more people dry heave...

Members of the crowd:

1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16

1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16

1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9

1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14

1d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

1d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18

1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14


Male Human Fighter2/ AC18,FF,14,T14/ HP (14/20) /Init +10/Perception +2/Fort +5, Ref+4, Will +1/ +4 M, +6 R/ Bow 1d8

Iodem stomps his foot in frustration kicking up dirt before reaching into his pocket and producing a bit of cloth to wipe his mouth with. "I certainly didn't plan on tasting it twice" He takes a long measured drink from the waterskin draining about half of it; then turns to Bugsby to see if he can keep it down.


Sorcerogue 3 | HP:22, AC: 13/13/11, F2 R5 W3, INIT: +8, Range: +5, Melee: +1, lXbow: 1d6, Perc +8 Stealth +11

The childish delight which was initially present lasted but a moment, and as he chews the squirming mess his face takes on several different colors, none of them healthy looking.

As the puke begins to fly, the gnomes eyes get very large and the brief satisfaction he'd felt at seeing Iodem puke first was swept away by the rising bile in his own throat. Bugsby fought to keep it down with all the constitution he could muster.

DC 8 Con check. 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14

And with a grimace of effort, manages to gulp it back into his gullet. The effort brought tears to his eyes and as he opens them and looks around at the carnage, one tear makes its way slowly down his cheek. He smiles, and what is either wings or black little legs can be seen stuck in between his teeth. "Well done Iodem! I'm sure you'll agree that was most enlightening!" Bugsby fails to surpress a slight shudder, "However I believe I've learned all that could be from this experience, and then some." Raising his voice to the crowd, "That's all you'll see from us today folks! You've been a wonderful, loud, and colorful crowd... inside and out!" He begins to try and find the safest route out of the area, mindful of the many multi-hued puddles which had appeared since the contest began.


Male **Smuggler's Shiv Hex Map** Mad Scientest - Level Absolute **Smuggler's Shiv Editable Map**

gross! I just had a big lunch, wrong time to log in and read, lol

Bugsby seems rather happy about his bodies' ability to eat bugs, and keep it all down.
(Bugsby take a +2 to Fort saves for a week)

After you gain your bearings, and stabilize yourself you all don't feel much like an obstacle course right now.

The cook off seems like a much better place to be, after the majority of you go to your rooms and change.

As you head down to the cookoff, you start smelling rich spices.


Male Human Fighter2/ AC18,FF,14,T14/ HP (14/20) /Init +10/Perception +2/Fort +5, Ref+4, Will +1/ +4 M, +6 R/ Bow 1d8

"I agree so much in that I should have waited till after the competitions to partake in the feast! I sure hope this cookoff can remedy the situation." Iodem slyly checks his boots and cloak for any stray bile.


Sorcerogue 3 | HP:22, AC: 13/13/11, F2 R5 W3, INIT: +8, Range: +5, Melee: +1, lXbow: 1d6, Perc +8 Stealth +11

these have been epic so far! Nicely done gm and y'all. Zen did we lose you by the wayside? I wanted to say if I have to choose between the two, I'd rather do the obstacle course than cook off... but maybe that's cause Bugsby didn't puke. Just my 2cp.


Male **Smuggler's Shiv Hex Map** Mad Scientest - Level Absolute **Smuggler's Shiv Editable Map**

You go over to the cookoff after cleaning up, and you see a crowed there. You only ate a few hours ago, but it seems like forever, as most of your stomach contents have been emptied recently. Bugsby is actually a little full, after the lunch and then the bugs, but, hey, it's food!!!

You see the entire family of the "Vinders" there. They run the general store.

Ven Vinder runs it with the help of his wife, Solsta. There they sell just about anything you need, farm equipment, food, furniture, grains, and some of the best homemade pies you'll taste.

THose are her entries here. They are accompanied by his two daughters. Katrine and Shayliss. Katrine is at a table with Banny Harker (runs the lumber mill). Much to the chagrin of Ven.

While he is watching the two rather closely, he doesn't notice that his daughter Shayliss is flirting with everyone in a 30 foot radius. Seeing Iodem and Xue come in the place, she gravitates over to the group and starts making loose conversation with Iodem, and twirling her hair.

"Who's your friend?" She says to Iodem.

sense motive: DC 10:
She clearly seems jealous.

Also there and in charge of this cook off is the owner(s) of the "Sandpoint Savories," (the local bakery) Alma Avertin, and her twin daughters Arika and Aneka.

- Alma is a mute. Her son, was Sheriff Casp Avertin, the last victim of the "Chopper" victims, and ever since the day that her son was found piled up in a heap, she stopped talking. She actually went catatonic for a little while, but seeing her daughters attempting to run the business without her and failing 5 years ago, she pitched in. They mostly run things now, and Alma spends most of her time frosting things, in silence.

You also have local butcher Chod Bevuk (he runs the meat market) there.

You see some people that you aren't familiar with also visiting the various booths.


Male **Smuggler's Shiv Hex Map** Mad Scientest - Level Absolute **Smuggler's Shiv Editable Map**

I'm glad you like the games, since you are winning all of them! haha. But I am glad, the funnest ones haven't even happened yet!

Bugsby, did you want to do anything else with the Vachedi conversation flex, or should we close it? Xue wanted to do something there, but I don't want to step on your toes. :)


Sorcerogue 3 | HP:22, AC: 13/13/11, F2 R5 W3, INIT: +8, Range: +5, Melee: +1, lXbow: 1d6, Perc +8 Stealth +11

no I want to keep the flex open, I've been opting to push the main story forward in the spare minutes I've had today, since the other one is well... flex time!


Male Human Fighter2/ AC18,FF,14,T14/ HP (14/20) /Init +10/Perception +2/Fort +5, Ref+4, Will +1/ +4 M, +6 R/ Bow 1d8

Sense Motive:1d20 + 0 ⇒ (17) + 0 = 17

Iodem sports a smirk.
"This is Xue Min, she came for the Cathedral dedication. Are you staying out of trouble?"


Male **Smuggler's Shiv Hex Map** Mad Scientest - Level Absolute **Smuggler's Shiv Editable Map**

She looks at Xue, clearly wondering if you are a couple. Also probably wondering whether that would make her try more or less.

are you going to the dance?

and what are you doing after?


Male **Smuggler's Shiv Hex Map** Mad Scientest - Level Absolute **Smuggler's Shiv Editable Map**

She also says, "I'm going to need you to define 'trouble.' What you call trouble I might call fun. But maybe what you call fun and what I call fun are the same things," she says with a wry smile.


Sorcerogue 3 | HP:22, AC: 13/13/11, F2 R5 W3, INIT: +8, Range: +5, Melee: +1, lXbow: 1d6, Perc +8 Stealth +11

Flex Time after Staring Contest
"Well done goodman Vachedi! You certainly are close to completing your goal. Bugsby takes a moment to gather his thoughts, one hand coming up to adjust the hat upon his head.

Vachedi/Bugsby Convo:
"Well I have an unrelated proposition for you. Your stare is definitely something to behold, and I found the contest quite stimulating. I was hoping I might procure your services for future staring contests -- with me. I know your time is valuable and I'd of course want to compensate you properly. Bugsby turns 90 degrees and puts his hands behind his back, beginning a small pacing circuit of four feet in length in front of the huge Shaonti jailer. "I was thinking, and let me know if you can think of a 'more fair alternative', that for 2 gold pieces I could call on you no more than once a day for a year, in order to repeat our staring contest." Bugsby stops pacing and looks sincerely into the mans eyes, "As a gnome determined to understand the universe, this would mean a great deal to me. What say you?"


Sorcerogue 3 | HP:22, AC: 13/13/11, F2 R5 W3, INIT: +8, Range: +5, Melee: +1, lXbow: 1d6, Perc +8 Stealth +11

Sense Motive: 1d20 ⇒ 12 Looks like he see's the jealousy

Bugsby walks along with the others, feeling just a little more confident in his ability to eat disgusting things than he was yesterday. The smell of rich spices causes him to breath in deeply and appreciatively as they enter the cooking contest area. He waves upon seeing familiar faces of the Vinders, the Avertins, and the butcher Chod. Bugsby will surreptitiously give a brief summary of the families to Xue and Zen, before approaching them and making introductions. As long as this doesn't mess up Iodem's groove at any point

Noting the jealously Shayliss is attempting to hide, Bugsby rolls his eyes heavenward and silently wishes Iodem good luck with that one. Bugsby will approach Alma after introduction have been made, due to his fascination with her condition. He's never tried, or intends to try, to talk with her about it, but as with so many things, enjoys observing. "Greetings my lovely Mrs. Avertin! Would you mind if I/we join you? I'd like to keep my hands busy before the contest gets underway." If she gives her assent, Bugsby sits nearby and gives her an update on the days activities, going into great detail about the bug eating contest, the texture, smell, and taste of the bugs, etc..


Male Human Fighter2/ AC18,FF,14,T14/ HP (14/20) /Init +10/Perception +2/Fort +5, Ref+4, Will +1/ +4 M, +6 R/ Bow 1d8

"I just mean don't do anything that I wouldn't approve of." He stops and ponders for a second, tapping his right foot twice. "I hadn't even thought about the dance to be honest. So I have yet to make arrangements. Are you getting ready to invite me to something afterwards?"


Male **Smuggler's Shiv Hex Map** Mad Scientest - Level Absolute **Smuggler's Shiv Editable Map**

_______________________________

Flextime after staring contest
_______________________________

Vachedi says I think I could do that! I could teach you my "deathglare!"

Xue notices the conversation, and it seems like she is starting to put the pieces together of what is going on.

"Bugsby, I think you have failed me as guide!" she says as she strolls forward. "Did I not mention to you repeatedly that I was looking for someone that made arrows of a fine quality? Well here they are, and with no mention from you."

"Let me see one of those arrows.

He gives one over and she studies it laboriously, looking down the shaft, flexing it, and then asks, "How many of these do you have made?"

40, is the reply. "I will take all 40, but I am going to need some more. Do you think that you could have 10 more ready by the time I leave town in 2 days?

The standard price for arrows made such as these is 1 gp per every 20, but seeing as how I am rushing you on the last 10, I think that 4gp would be a proper price, don't you?

She sticks her hand out, and before Vachedi knows what has happened, 6 gp has fallen into his hand. He stares in amazement, then rushes off to fashion more arrows, and add this to his savings.

"C'mon little one. Let's go find some bugs for you to eat." she says, satisfied.


Male **Smuggler's Shiv Hex Map** Mad Scientest - Level Absolute **Smuggler's Shiv Editable Map**
Iodem Toby wrote:
"I just mean don't do anything that I wouldn't approve of." He stops and ponders for a second, tapping his right foot twice. "I hadn't even thought about the dance to be honest. So I have yet to make arrangements. Are you getting ready to invite me to something afterwards?"

Shaylissa looks at Iodem with "that look," and says "Before, after, during. Whenever..."

Seeing enough, Bugsby sneaks to the side and pulls Xue out of the crossfire with him, so they can go meet the other families.

Bugsby sits down with Mrs. Avertin and explains everything that happened, including the smoke bomb incident that Xue was involved in, and the recent vomit fest. She chuckles, noiselessly. She nods to Xue in a welcoming fashion.


Male Human Fighter2/ AC18,FF,14,T14/ HP (14/20) /Init +10/Perception +2/Fort +5, Ref+4, Will +1/ +4 M, +6 R/ Bow 1d8

Iodem does his best to return the look. "Well Shayliss, I suppose it is settled. We will rendezvous at the dance with plans for later. By the way I'm hoping to do well in the obstacle course later if you care to watch." Iodem places his hand on his stomach having just been made fully aware of how empty it is."I may require some food first, could you grab me something?"


Male Human Fighter2/ AC18,FF,14,T14/ HP (14/20) /Init +10/Perception +2/Fort +5, Ref+4, Will +1/ +4 M, +6 R/ Bow 1d8

Man, had another post lost to the aether. I'm trying to get in the habit of copying to clipboard before I submit.

Is it Shayliss or Shaylissa?

Iodem attempts to return the same look. "Well Shaylissa I suppose it is settled then. We shall rendezvous at the dance with plans for later. By the way I will be competing in the obstacle course later if you care to watch." His hand moves to his stomach as it grumbles. "Do you think you could fetch me some pie?"


Sorcerogue 3 | HP:22, AC: 13/13/11, F2 R5 W3, INIT: +8, Range: +5, Melee: +1, lXbow: 1d6, Perc +8 Stealth +11

Flex time after staring contest
Bugsby clasps hands with the larger man, pleased at the exchange, and pulls two gold pieces from his pounch, dropping them into the jailers meaty hands. At that point Xue comes over to them and Bugsby can only watch the whirlwind as it makes it path. "I did? You did? He does? You will? I... yes, let us find some bugs." Bugsby gives a little internal shudder as a frightening area of study presents itself.


Male **Smuggler's Shiv Hex Map** Mad Scientest - Level Absolute **Smuggler's Shiv Editable Map**
Iodem Toby wrote:

Man, had another post lost to the aether. I'm trying to get in the habit of copying to clipboard before I submit.

Is it Shayliss or Shaylissa?

Iodem attempts to return the same look. "Well Shaylissa I suppose it is settled then. We shall rendezvous at the dance with plans for later. By the way I will be competing in the obstacle course later if you care to watch." His hand moves to his stomach as it grumbles. "Do you think you could fetch me some pie?"

It's Shayliss. My bad, good catch.

Ah, the irony of a father watching a daughter like a hawk who is doing nothing wrong, meanwhile the other daughter is walking around attempting to sleep with anything that moves - unbeknownst to him...

She seems surprised, and says "Okay, we'll meet there. With plans for later." (the look) "See you there, I-O." And she walks back and grabs some pie, takes a bite out of it, as seductively as she can (bluff 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9 ), then walks as hips-swaying as she can without falling over back to her father, who just takes notice of her as she hugs up to his side.


Male **Smuggler's Shiv Hex Map** Mad Scientest - Level Absolute **Smuggler's Shiv Editable Map**
Bugsby Featherfoot wrote:

Flex time after staring contest

Bugsby clasps hands with the larger man, pleased at the exchange, and pulls two gold pieces from his pounch, dropping them into the jailers meaty hands. At that point Xue comes over to them and Bugsby can only watch the whirlwind as it makes it path. "I did? You did? He does? You will? I... yes, let us find some bugs." Bugsby gives a little internal shudder as a frightening area of study presents itself.

the 6gp comes from

4gp from Xue. Please remove from total gp. :)

2gp from Bugsby. Please remove from total gp. :)


Male Human Fighter2/ AC18,FF,14,T14/ HP (14/20) /Init +10/Perception +2/Fort +5, Ref+4, Will +1/ +4 M, +6 R/ Bow 1d8

Iodem shakes his head almost disbelievingly as he takes the pie in hand and starts eating it, careful to not let any crumbs escape him down his front. One of this quality would not normally be eaten so quickly but it is devoured in only a matter of moments.

He then turns his eyes to the fletcher across the way, hard at work on some new arrows. Mutters to himself "Honestly should have been the first thing I noticed." Upon seeing Xue look at her purchase very approvingly; he nods with a little more understanding.

51 to 100 of 1,268 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Brayden's "Rise of the Runelords" All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.