Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


GM Brayden's "Rise of the Runelords"

Game Master Brayden Green

Rise of the Runelords was the first adventure path released in the Pathfinder Adventure Path line and debuted in August 2007.
“ From the idyllically peaceful coastal town of Sandpoint to an ancient lost city at the top of the world, Rise of the


1 to 50 of 1,268 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Male **Smuggler's Shiv Hex Map** Mad Scientest - Level Absolute **Smuggler's Shiv Editable Map**

Starting officially May 2nd.

Players filled up.

Details coming soon. :)

Andoran

Human

Is this the response to Zenswift 's looking for group?


female Human (HP 10, AC 16, F+3 R+4 W+5, Per+7, Init+2, Melee +3 Monk / Level 1

Imma go with yes :) now i need to figure out how to set up a character with a background story and stats


female Human (HP 10, AC 16, F+3 R+4 W+5, Per+7, Init+2, Melee +3 Monk / Level 1

Background:
Born in a small town Zen lost her parents when some bandits raided the town. Zen was only 11 years old. She was found by some passing monks on their pilgrimage. They took her to the nearest monastery to learn the ways of monks so that one day she will be able to protect other families from the same fate as hers.

Once in the monastery she proved to be a fast learner and very adept in the ways of close quarter combat. In the 8 years that she lived within the monastery walls she learned all that the Brotherhood could teach her. After many days of conversing and suggesting Zen finally agreed to begin a pilgrimage to the city of Sandpoint. Zen was instructed that upon arrival to Sandpoint to speak to the Master in charge of training at the Church to see if he had any idea as to where to look for some form of employment.


Male Human Fighter2/ AC18,FF,14,T14/ HP (14/20) /Init +10/Perception +2/Fort +5, Ref+4, Will +1/ +4 M, +6 R/ Bow 1d8

Profile is up.


Male **Smuggler's Shiv Hex Map** Mad Scientest - Level Absolute **Smuggler's Shiv Editable Map**

Looks great Laschoni.

I have 2 more friends coming in, they should post their chars here shortly.

Zen, not sure why your char is showing as a level 2. I'm new to pbp on the paizo forum, we have always done it through email replies. (So I'm all new to the display too)

We'll figure it out. I'll tell the others to get their character over here, then if the group wants I can play a PC to fill any missing holes if there is any.


Male **Smuggler's Shiv Hex Map** Mad Scientest - Level Absolute **Smuggler's Shiv Editable Map**

Zen, what you have so far looks great. Be sure to include skills and feats on your profile page once you get to that point.

I like Laschoni/Iodem's breakdown of gp spent and weight aquired. Very thorough.

Take a 100 xp bonus for that Laschoni, and if everyone follows suit doing the same that xp is there for you too!


Sorcerogue 3 | HP:22, AC: 13/13/11, F2 R5 W3, INIT: +8, Range: +5, Melee: +1, lXbow: 1d6, Perc +8 Stealth +11

Hello all! Bugsby here and ready to go! Well I'll let you decide that GM, but I believe my profile has what you need. I'm excited to play with you all!

I kept trying to put this post in the discussion thread, which of course isn't open yet. Finally after banging my head against a digital wall I figured out my problem. Ok, embarrassing intro is over with. ;)


female Human (HP 10, AC 16, F+3 R+4 W+5, Per+7, Init+2, Melee +3 Monk / Level 1

Well mine is no where near as good looking as Bugs or Iodem but I have added more to my profile take a look. Any suggestions are welcome.


Male **Smuggler's Shiv Hex Map** Mad Scientest - Level Absolute **Smuggler's Shiv Editable Map**

Looks great Bugs and Zen. Thanks for all the info. Zen, once you do have your equipment I would like you to keep track of weight and an item list like the other two have posted.

Everyone take 100 xp for your characters.

I started a discussion thread for us over on the "discussion tab" and there are a few orders of business there.


Male **Smuggler's Shiv Hex Map** Mad Scientest - Level Absolute **Smuggler's Shiv Editable Map**

Before we post, here are the rules of posting.

1. 2 times minimum a day - keep things flowing

2. Post whenever possible using the Text formatting shown below: (we are going to learn "code". Yay! Click on the "how to format your text" button below for further help)

Character speech is bolded.

"By Aazimar, look at the size of that thing!"

Spoiler material will be shown as following. Don't click on a button to reveal the text unless it has your name on it, or you make the appropriate DC. I know it's tempting, but in the name of good rp, DON'T DO IT!

Zen:
Flurry of blows is for cheaters!

Bugsby:
I've taken dumps that are bigger than you, weakling!

Iodem:
A longbow, right? Are you over-compensating for something?

Anything said "Out of Context" should be used with the "OOC" formatting, like this:

Wow! Nice Shot!!!

Anything longer than a sentence or two should go in the discussion thread, with a "OOC" post or question leading to it. For Example:

I'm not sure that is the right application for that spell. Head over to the DT and I'll explain why.

If you are casting a spell, or doing something not very standard, it is usually good form to put the spell's effects whenever possible, as a spoiler or an ooc for easy reference. I have the books on my phone, too. So it's not the end of the world for me to look stuff up, but it helps me to keep the game flowing if it is all right there, so do it when you can if it's not a bother. IF you aren't familiar with the pathfinder SRD, it is a miraculous thing. d20pfsrd.com

Zoriel the wizard casts sleep on the first goblin in the group

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/s/sleep

if you want to get all tricky you can get familiar with the "go to" and hyperlink it into the text, making it look like this.

SLEEP SPELL D20

And finally... I think we will use the dice expression to roll our dice for us. If we don't like it we can change it, but we'll try it.

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27

p.s. I am fully aware that you can just "preview" the dice and see if you get a good roll, then cancel if you don't. then rinse, wash and repeat, until you get the 16-20 range.

I don't think you guys will, but seriously, don't do it. Don't make me roll everything for you, I got enough on my plate, lol.

p.s.s. Thanks for playing, let's get started.


Male **Smuggler's Shiv Hex Map** Mad Scientest - Level Absolute **Smuggler's Shiv Editable Map**

You find yourselves in the town of Sandpoint the night before "The Swallowtail Festival."

The town has been building a cathedral for several years now, ever since the last one burnt down, taking the inhabitants with them. After worshiping in a wood building for the better part of 5 years, the townspeople are finally ready to consecrate their new chapel! A huge festivity is under way, and the consecration is set to take place tomorrow night. You arrive at midday, just in time for a feast to take place. Later, you hear, will be dancing (probably some drinking!!!), and games.

For now, you walk around and find yourselves.

The town is yours! Most everything is shut down, as everyone is at the luncheon. We are currently in the upper part of town near Church Street. There is a potluck lunch going on in the middle of the square


female Human (HP 10, AC 16, F+3 R+4 W+5, Per+7, Init+2, Melee +3 Monk / Level 1

As I meander towards the festivity I keep an eye out for a blacksmith that may have stayed open

perception check:
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22


Male **Smuggler's Shiv Hex Map** Mad Scientest - Level Absolute **Smuggler's Shiv Editable Map**

Zen, you ask some small children in the square if the blacksmith is here at the luncheon. They stare at you as if they can't believe what you are asking. After you stare at them for a moment, one steps forward and says, "No. He's at his shop that way." She points. Not to be outdone, another speaks up."Or lying piss drunk in the the streets." They giggle and the group of children start singing in a rhythmic, sing-song pattern

“Here comes crazy-man Das Korvut,
Mad as a cut snake in a wagon rut.
See how his chops go bouncity-bounce?
How many people has he trounced?
One! Two! Three! Four...”

They pointed you toward High Street.

p.s. you don't need to "hide" your rolls, unless you are trying to bluff someone or something. Like rolling in concealment for some reason.


female Human (HP 10, AC 16, F+3 R+4 W+5, Per+7, Init+2, Melee +3 Monk / Level 1

Thank you younglings for the information and the wonderful lymric

then I walk my way to High street. Taking in the sights and enjoying the revelrie


Male **Smuggler's Shiv Hex Map** Mad Scientest - Level Absolute **Smuggler's Shiv Editable Map**

As you walk at your leisurely pace you don't see many people. You hear the music fading in the background as you walk eastward down "high street." You see a mother practically pushing her kids out the door, clearly late for the feast. She nods at you and smiles as they pass. You see a reluctant guard making the rounds. He nods and watches you as you go by. It's pretty clear he is noting your face and apparel, in case he has to make a report on you later.

((Bluff: 3r + 1 = 4; failed bluff vs your 22 perception)) He also seems to be watching your back end very carefully as you pass. He moves on as you do, and you hear footsteps shuffling going away from you as you go.

It's only a few minute's stroll before you see a sign hanging out front of what clearly seems to be a blacksmith shop. Upon further inspection the sign (actually made of an ornate studded leather buckler) says "Red Dog Smithy."

Out front on the porch, you see a tall man with broad shoulders, somewhat thinning red hair on top, and some of the wildest porkchop tufts coming out from around his ears that you can remember seeing. From a slight distance it looks almost as if his head is on fire, and the slight wind does nothing to disuay that illusion as his tufts of hair (on top and on the sides) blow in the wind.

Seeing you approach the front of the establishment, he sets down a bottle in a pile of what appear to be empties near the seating he was lounging in. He stands up, and says in a loud voice - maybe too loud -

"Well whadder hell da *you* want, ya she-bastard!"

sense motive DC 10::
He does not seem to be violent/agressive. He appears to be slightly drunk.


female Human (HP 10, AC 16, F+3 R+4 W+5, Per+7, Init+2, Melee +3 Monk / Level 1

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12

Master Smith I am looking to purchace a special made quarterstaff do you think you could help me with this

If yes:
The dimensions of the staff would be 5 ft long and about 1 inch thick. I would like to get it by the end of the day if its not to much trouble

so bored at work


Male **Smuggler's Shiv Hex Map** Mad Scientest - Level Absolute **Smuggler's Shiv Editable Map**

"I can prolly help ya wiff tha', if'n ya have the gol to pay for it. That is." If ya don't ya best be off with all tha other fools dancin around the tables."

You mention that you do, and that this is a serious offer.

"Now, tha question is... just how much of my skills d'ya rayquire?"

If'n ya want a 5 foot lon' crowbar thingy, fer 'zample. It'll cost ya quite a bit less... 10 gol' less say, for a rushed order like that. But it'll be a thing of beauty she will. He gestures you inside, to show you some examples of work he has done. They seem to be excessively well done, and he seems to take pride in his work. It almost seems rare for a small town like this to have such a good smithy, you think. But as he lumbers around showing you his wares, you hear more than a few bottles being kicked out from lying in the middle of the aisles.

He shows you what he calls "common trash" items, that seem pretty well made, but then mentions "If you want something like this, it'll cost ya. But, it'll be the lash time somebody tries to get their hands in your business, if you know what I mean..."

"So, what'll it be?" Do you want all of me, or just a piece?" he says with a wink.

It'll be 10gp for the "normal" one. As far as a masterwork goes, that is going to cost (techincally the cost is 600gp for a double weapon, but if he is making a straight shaft, he would do it for less. 250 gp, since it is a pretty straightforward item, with no dips or bends, or different shafts to weld together.)

As you decide, he goes and sticks his head in the nearest water barrell for about 10 seconds and pulls it out, dripping water all over the floor.


female Human (HP 10, AC 16, F+3 R+4 W+5, Per+7, Init+2, Melee +3 Monk / Level 1

Good Sir I would be pleased to have you make a "normal" one as I am just trying out something. If the weapon works the way I hope then I will be back to get one that will show your true craftsmanship

I bow with respect


Sorcerogue 3 | HP:22, AC: 13/13/11, F2 R5 W3, INIT: +8, Range: +5, Melee: +1, lXbow: 1d6, Perc +8 Stealth +11

Bugsby skips out of the Wailing Ox, a large inn with a decent reputation, carefully carrying a glass of some ale or scotch, no doubt procured while inside. There are cheers and hoots as he makes his exit, no doubt some appreciative revelers the small gnome had just been entertaining. He turns about on one foot, the other swinging wide, and smiles as he takes in the festive excitement of Sandpoint. Meandering down the streets towards the main festivities Bugsby smiles as a group of laughing kids race past him, but he manages to keep the liquid in his cup. Pleased with himself he takes another sip, and pauses in mid-sip. Looking down into the glass he appears mesmerized by something inside. He reaches down and plucks a nearby blade of grass and looks in and through the hazy glass, the grass stalk being held just beneath it.

After standing thus for a good two minutes, Bugsby puts the blade of grass in his pocket, and beings searching for, finding, and examining multiple objects through the liquor filled glass. Bugs struggle while held in gentle fingers, dogs growl when lips are lifted and teeth peered at, kids protest as hair in examined, an adult rolls his eyes as one of his shoes is studied, and inanimate objects suffer in silence as Bugsby makes his curious way through town, still in the general direction of the feast, but his steps are about as purposeful as the flight of a butterfly... similar to the butterfly he just examined.


Male **Smuggler's Shiv Hex Map** Mad Scientest - Level Absolute **Smuggler's Shiv Editable Map**
Zen Al'Shear wrote:

Good Sir I would be pleased to have you make a "normal" one as I am just trying out something. If the weapon works the way I hope then I will be back to get one that will show your true craftsmanship

I bow with respect

He looks somewhat disappointed, but he agrees to it.

It is on a half down for materials, half when you pick it up basis.

He tells you he will get right on it, and looks moderately happier to have something to entertain him for the night.

"Now maybe they'll stop gettin' after me ta go to those bleeding games and ..." he shudders slightly, [b]"... dancin'."

He tells you because it is midday it will be ready in the morning, unless you want to burn your hands off instead of letting it set in the cooling pit.

Please remove 5gp from your treasure.


Male Human Fighter2/ AC18,FF,14,T14/ HP (14/20) /Init +10/Perception +2/Fort +5, Ref+4, Will +1/ +4 M, +6 R/ Bow 1d8

Iodem wipes the last of the sweat from his brow. The last of his chores at the cathedral done, he dons his cloak and makes for the feast that he played a role in preparing. His contributions were mostly in the hunting of game. There was one boar in particular that he was quite proud of; he wondered to himself how it would taste.


Male **Smuggler's Shiv Hex Map** Mad Scientest - Level Absolute **Smuggler's Shiv Editable Map**

As you all make your way back into the square for the luncheon:

Zen leaving a somewhat inebriated but determined Das;

Bugsby leading a trail of little ones who yell out all sorts of things to you, "Make my hair pink!" "Turn my toe green!" "Make me fly, I wanna fly

Iodem striding sweaty, dirty, and rather confidently - leaving would be admirers in his wake

you find yourselves rather late to the luncheon. A very recognizable boar (to Iodem) is in the corner of the plaza roasting on a spit over a bed of hot coals, and a few women seem to be painting it with something that smells sweet as you look past.

Although the main part of the festival doesn't officially kick off til tomorrow, it is already crowded. In fact, there is only one table with room left in the whole square. There is a woman sitting there, with strange looking skin and eyes. Not tan, or dark, like your skins are. It is a pale skin, but yet, it seems tan when the light hits it just right. The eyes seem to be wide and open, and she is looking around at the others in the crowd, like they are going to jump on her. She has an indescribable beauty. No one is sitting by her, and many are giving her a wide birth, and the women seem to be openly gawking at her, some with wide open mouths.

Sense Motive on the crowd DC 15: Or if you are local you can ask someone you know what is going on:
You gather that they seem to think that the woman is dangerous. But they won't really talk about it, if you ask her. They just say, Go ask her yourself!" and kind of giggle.


Sorcerogue 3 | HP:22, AC: 13/13/11, F2 R5 W3, INIT: +8, Range: +5, Melee: +1, lXbow: 1d6, Perc +8 Stealth +11

Bugsby does his best to oblige the children once their antics interrupt his studies. With a huff and a smile he reaches over and pulls a single hair from that childs head, waving his hand over it causes a stream of pink to overcome the strand. Handing it back in mid-stride he points his finger at the other childs foot and says "Green!" in his best commanding voice. "It'll stay green until air reaches it, so best leave your shoe on!" he says to the now furiously thinking child. For the last request, the one for flight, he stops suddenly in the street, the crowd of children lurching to a halt around him. Turning swiftly to the last child Bugsby grabs his arms and yells "Flight!". Then, with a quiet voice which reaches all the kids. "Close your eyes, and flap your arms as hard as you can, but if you or any of your friends open your eyes, or if you aren't flapping your arms as hard as you can, you'll go back to earth. The spell only let's you fly a fingers width above the ground... Enjoy!" With that Bugsby arrives at the feasting area.

Taking in the scene in the square, the gnome leans over to Horace and Jasper, a couple of village idiots, "What's the story with that woman sitting alone?" Listening to their response, Bugsby knows that the mystery will eventually drive him to madness, and so shrugs and makes his way over to the beautiful tan-ish/pale-ish woman. Approaching the table from a direction the woman was sure to see him coming, Bugsby stops about four feet away and says "I must say I would love to study your skin! Your color is absolutely fascinating! Without waiting for her to answer, the curious gnome says "Bugsby Featherfoot at your service! May I sit with you?"


female Human (HP 10, AC 16, F+3 R+4 W+5, Per+7, Init+2, Melee +3 Monk / Level 1

looks around for an open space and start to do some acrobatic entertainment with my staff nothing complex just slightly flashy

acrobatics check1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22


Male Human Fighter2/ AC18,FF,14,T14/ HP (14/20) /Init +10/Perception +2/Fort +5, Ref+4, Will +1/ +4 M, +6 R/ Bow 1d8

Iodem approaches the square keeping the strange girl in the corner of his eye. He approaches the nearest acolyte. "I have never seen her before, care to enlighten me?" While the acolyte starts to fill him in he watches a purple haired gnome approach the girl. He turns back towards the acolyte "I have seen him around town before but I can't quite place it; at least someone is trying to give this girl some company."

Perception to try and listen in: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8


Male **Smuggler's Shiv Hex Map** Mad Scientest - Level Absolute **Smuggler's Shiv Editable Map**

Zen, you find a space near the table, as they are all sort of keeping their distance from the area. You start spinning your staff at a leisurely pace, inciting a slight buzz of conversation around you.

Bugsby, and anyone else paying attention to their interaction:
She looks at Bugsby with an appraising sort of look, smiles slightly, and says "Well, it wouldn't make much difference if you were sitting, would it?" She pats the seat next to her with an exquisite hand, and says to Bugsby "Come, now. Don't you have some "skin studying" to do?" and with that she offers out her arm.

Almost everyone in the crowd watches this interaction between Bugsby and the lady with, again, quite open gawking and amusement,with anticipation of what might happen next.

Now that you look a little closer, you all notice a faint smoke in the area. Nothing thick of course, as you couldn't notice it from a distance, but getting closer, there is definitely the very thin outline haze of smoke.


Male **Smuggler's Shiv Hex Map** Mad Scientest - Level Absolute **Smuggler's Shiv Editable Map**

Iodem, your perception is enough to hit the spoiler. Neither is concealing their actions or words (as if Bugsby would ever conceal his words, haha).

Iodem and Bugsby - you would most likely be familiar with each other, at the very least. Sandpoint only has about 1400 people in it. You can decide on the discussion thread the degree that you know each other, and what that may or may not mean to your characters, and relationship. But you definitely know each other by name.

The Acolyte says, "I don't really believe what I just saw... She's definitely your type..." he shakes his head, and clasps you on the shoulder. "You should go say hello, "I-O", and give her the look. Let's see if she'll melt like some of your lady worshippers..."

Sense Motive DC 12 to Iodem:
He clearly seems to be goading you on, and maybe setting you up for something. He thinks he might have found a match for your good looks, and overall lack of charm.


female Human (HP 10, AC 16, F+3 R+4 W+5, Per+7, Init+2, Melee +3 Monk / Level 1

After inciting a slight buzz of attention. I move my way to the table.

Greetings my name is Zen.

give a slight bow

May I join you at this table?


Male **Smuggler's Shiv Hex Map** Mad Scientest - Level Absolute **Smuggler's Shiv Editable Map**

She looks up at Zen, with her almond shaped eyes.

"Certainly, lady."

"My name is Xue Min. Please, sit down." She motions to an empty seat.

Xue is pronounced like "shoe" but with a "z" instead of an "s"


Male Human Fighter2/ AC18,FF,14,T14/ HP (14/20) /Init +10/Perception +2/Fort +5, Ref+4, Will +1/ +4 M, +6 R/ Bow 1d8

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (14) + 0 = 14

Iodem clasps his hand on the shoulder of the acolyte and smiles before turning on his heel and briskly moving towards the company of three. "And I am Iodem Toby. Xue Min, it is nice to meet you. Quickly thrusting his hand forward looking for a shake. I've come across Bugsby here a time or two and I haven't caught your name. As he motions his eyes towards Zen.


female Human (HP 10, AC 16, F+3 R+4 W+5, Per+7, Init+2, Melee +3 Monk / Level 1

Greetings Master Iodem. I just arrived in this lovely town this morning.


Male **Smuggler's Shiv Hex Map** Mad Scientest - Level Absolute **Smuggler's Shiv Editable Map**

Xue extends the arm that isn't "waiting to be inspected" and delivers it into Iodems hand. It isn't really even a "shake" per se, it is more, she lets you hold her fingers and palm for a few seconds (I call it the "dead fish" handshake, in real life) while you sit there and wonder what to do. Her long, flowing robe tapers down as she extends her hand and you vaguely see what looks to be a tattoo of the tip of a lizard.

"Iodem." she nods her head in a slight bow.

"I arrived here late last night. I had family that died in the fire of the old wooden chapel, and I wanted to be here at the dedication of the cathedral. It is quite a large thing, and built of stone this time, so it won't burn."

"I'm not sure that fraternizing with me is going to help your popularity in the town. I'm afraid I've overstepped my boundaries a little, and I don't think many here know what to think of me now."

She smiles slightly, as she has a distant look in her eye.

Perception: DC 20:
As she extends her hand, to "shake" Iodems, you notice that the edges of her finger have a little bit of soot on them.


female Human (HP 10, AC 16, F+3 R+4 W+5, Per+7, Init+2, Melee +3 Monk / Level 1

1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24

I see that your hands have a little bit of soot on them were you tending to a fire before you came over for lunch?

Iodem do you know of any jobs to be had in the town for someone that just arrived?


Sorcerogue 3 | HP:22, AC: 13/13/11, F2 R5 W3, INIT: +8, Range: +5, Melee: +1, lXbow: 1d6, Perc +8 Stealth +11
Xue wrote:
She looks at Bugsby with an appraising sort of look, smiles slightly, and says "Well, it wouldn't make much difference if you were sitting, would it?" She pats the seat next to her with an exquisite hand, and says to Bugsby "Come, now. Don't you have some "skin studying" to do?" and with that she offers out her arm.

As soon as the lady extends her arm Bugsby hops onto the bench next to her, sets his cup down and takes ahold of the arm at the elbow and the wrist. Responding to her question with a grin, "Just so, Lady. Just so." as he peers closely at the arm, 'hmm-ing' and 'haw-ing' for several seconds, "Veerrry interesting." He lets go with the hand holding her wrist without looking away, picks up his nearby glass, and peers through it like before, as he continues his study. After twisting his head into awkward positions once or twice he growls subvocally and wedges the glass in his eye and squints, effectively holding the half-full glass like a monocle. With a pleased grunt he again takes a light hold of her wrist and is able to examine the fair skin more effectively.

Since I'm looking directly at her arm...
Perception: DC 20 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4 Preview says epic fail, lets get these bad rolls outa here! :)

This continues in relative silence until Zen approaches, and as she introduces herself, Bugsby, who has been engrossed in his study, is curious as to the origin of the unfamiliar voice. He tilts his head up to see the the woman making her introduction, "Greet-Blaaqq!" The glass, still wedged against his eye, delivered it's remaining contents directly into the gnomes eye, and then the rest of his face as the cup fell away. Sputtering and wiping at his face, the disoriented gnome finally regains enough sense to look towards Zen with eyes closed. "Greeting Zen, I am Bugsby Featherfoot. At your service. What brings you to our fine town?"

Then Iodem approaches and greets the table, the gnome turns his slightly dripping face towards the familiar voice, "Yes, hello Iodem, how fares the nearly complete Cathedral?"

Turning back to Xue, Bugsby looks around, a little confused, "I'm sorry to hear about your family, but what boundries do you speak of?"


Male **Smuggler's Shiv Hex Map** Mad Scientest - Level Absolute **Smuggler's Shiv Editable Map**

She laughs quite a bit during the "inspection," especially when you start looking through the glass:

What a curious little man you are!"

She seems very patient and friendly even, as you hover over her skin peering through a beer glass.

Upon Zen and Bugsby's questioning she speaks rather frankly and directly. "Well, there was a guard that passed by here, and he was looking a little too closely, if you know what I mean. Well, he "dropped" something out of his pouch, and seemed to think he could find it by running his hands around in my lap. Well, at that exact moment, the funniest thing happened... There was instantly a cloud of smoke! Fortunately after about a minute or so, the cloud started clearing, and the guard was nowhere in sight! But he did leave these here," she points to some trousers, leather armor, a shirt and a short sword folded and stacked neatly at the end of the table, "and apparently was seen walking through the plaza out of the smoke wearing only his boots, a black eye and a broken wrist."

"And to think, the whole time I was just sitting here, minding my own business - waiting for the smoke to clear." She says the last part sarcastically, with a wink.

Bluff: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

Edit after the fact: hey that dice roll worked perfectly!

So is Bugs creating the PF version of beer goggles?"


female Human (HP 10, AC 16, F+3 R+4 W+5, Per+7, Init+2, Melee +3 Monk / Level 1

Attempting to not laught at Bugsby

Greetings Master Featherfoot. I am pleased to make you aquaintance. As to why I am here I was sent here by my order to aquire more training


Sorcerogue 3 | HP:22, AC: 13/13/11, F2 R5 W3, INIT: +8, Range: +5, Melee: +1, lXbow: 1d6, Perc +8 Stealth +11

Yes he is, but don't try this at home kids!

Bugsby's brows draw down while the tan, no-longer-stranger concludes her story, "Sounds as if that guard may have gotten exactly what he needed to find, if not what he was hoping to find. But perhaps he lost the wrong... item. Hmmmph!" His expression transforms from disgruntled as realization dawns on the gnomes face, "So are ninja's guarding you? It's common knowledge they appear and disappear into clouds of smoke! Plus they'd have the ability to steal clothes, break wrists, and blacken eyes, or so I hear." Bugsby looks at her with a new admiration, "You must be very important, to have invisible ninjas watching out for you."

Sense Motive DC 6 1d20 ⇒ 7

Relinquishing Xue's arm and managing to wipe away most of the liquor, Bugsby is able to get a better look at Zen, "Order?" he looks a little closer, "Which order and what are you training for? If you don't mind my asking...." a pause. "Oh! and call me Bugsby please Miss Zen. No 'Master' here" The last is said with a smile.


female Human (HP 10, AC 16, F+3 R+4 W+5, Per+7, Init+2, Melee +3 Monk / Level 1

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
Oh you can ask but I doubt you have heard of it. It is called The Order of Mortiferum Haeret.

loosely translated from latin to mean deadly sticks.

and i dont suggest gettting any sort of booze into ones eyes personal exp lol


Male **Smuggler's Shiv Hex Map** Mad Scientest - Level Absolute **Smuggler's Shiv Editable Map**

"Yes," she laughs. "I must be."

Some plates are set in front of you by a stout lady and a couple helpers, with generous proportions.

"That'll be a 3 coppers a piece after you've finished, or ya can join me washin dishes later. Your choice, but I'll not sit here and have you all starve on my watch! Ale will cost ya another silver. Unless of course you've already had too much..." she yanks the mug away from Bugsby and grabs his ear. "Honestly, you curious little thing... this poor little lady has had enough people poking and prying into her." she lets go and bustles away, you can hear her saying as she goes "Fine way to welcome people into our town, fondle them til they can't see straight ... "


Male **Smuggler's Shiv Hex Map** Mad Scientest - Level Absolute **Smuggler's Shiv Editable Map**

It is about 2pm now. The games are expected to start around 4pm, and the dance is later tonight, at duskfall. The time is yours to get to know each other, and do what you want, and Iodem can catch up with all of you too.

I'll be in and out, but mostly out for the rest of the night.

We'll pick up at the games tomorrow, so get whatever you want to before 4pm out of your system before tomorrow.

I forget how much fun this is, until I get back into it. THis is a lot of fun, thanks.


Sorcerogue 3 | HP:22, AC: 13/13/11, F2 R5 W3, INIT: +8, Range: +5, Melee: +1, lXbow: 1d6, Perc +8 Stealth +11

So what did Bugsby's defeating Xue's bluff reveal? and I'm having a blast too, it's dang good stuff y'all!!

Seeing as he'd dropped the glass of liquor as it'd spilled all over him, he'd only taken a few sips before that, and had relinquished Xue's arm well before the food arrived via the ugly and dread behemoth, Bugsby was quite surprised by the assault of the stout woman. As his head is jerked back, his eyes narrow and his jaw clenches, but her attack is brief, and only his understanding of her good intentions prevents anything... worse from happening as the woman walks away. Instead of doing the first two or three thoughts which enter his mind, the gnome instead points two fingers, side by side, at the retreating woman's backside, and moves his fingers down, slowly separating and returning the two fingers together, as if tracing a turnip shape in the air. As he does so a dark patch appears on the rear of the woman's gown, as if she'd recently done something smelly and unseemly in her dress. Bugsby tilts his head to the side, admiring his handiwork before turning his attention back to the table.

Looking at Zen, "I haven't heard of it, but Mortiferum must have been very famous to have an entire Order named after him!" Putting a finger aside his jaw, "So what does the order of Mortiferum teach exactly?"


Male **Smuggler's Shiv Hex Map** Mad Scientest - Level Absolute **Smuggler's Shiv Editable Map**
Bugsby Featherfoot wrote:

So what did Bugsby's defeating Xue's bluff reveal? and I'm having a blast too, it's dang good stuff y'all!!

Just revealed her "non-attempt" at bluffing that she was an innocent bystander in the whole smoke cloud thingy. She was being pretty obvious about it towards the end of the story.

I can't wait for the games. They are going to be fun!


female Human (HP 10, AC 16, F+3 R+4 W+5, Per+7, Init+2, Melee +3 Monk / Level 1

Well Bugsby the Order teachs the most effecient way of protecting innocent bystanders with only using the wonderful staff you see here. Though I do have mastersmith Das making me a nice metal one that would hurt more

Allow me to buy you an ale because I seem to have made you spill your drink already.


Male Human Fighter2/ AC18,FF,14,T14/ HP (14/20) /Init +10/Perception +2/Fort +5, Ref+4, Will +1/ +4 M, +6 R/ Bow 1d8

_______
Flex Time intro with Bugsby
"Many hard days have gone into the completion, I've assisted where I could outside of my other duties and am quite proud of what has been accomplished in such a relatively short amount of time. Abstalar has had a very meticulous eye when it comes to standing over the worker's shoulders. I'm biased but I think the Gozreh shrine came out the best."
_______

Iodem stifles a chuckle watching Bugsby's small magical trick.

"I'm debating alcohol before the games, but I do not think it would sit well on my empty stomach. Would either of you care to join me at the table?"


Male **Smuggler's Shiv Hex Map** Mad Scientest - Level Absolute **Smuggler's Shiv Editable Map**

You all sit down and start eating and talking. The food tastes good. It is very spicy, and yet sweet.

There is a pile of what looks like potatoes, some meat, a greenish thing that tastes sweet that you aren't really sure what it is, and a pile of something yellow that is spicy beyond all reason. Not spicy, like "hot." Spicy, like eating a mouthful of cinnamon and thyme.


Sorcerogue 3 | HP:22, AC: 13/13/11, F2 R5 W3, INIT: +8, Range: +5, Melee: +1, lXbow: 1d6, Perc +8 Stealth +11
Zen wrote:

Well Bugsby the Order teachs the most effecient way of protecting innocent bystanders with only using the wonderful staff you see here. Though I do have mastersmith Das making me a nice metal one that would hurt more

Allow me to buy you an ale because I seem to have made you spill your drink already.

Bugsby nods with interest, "Well that sounds both interesting and quite chivalrous, really. Oh and I'd love another ale, I think I experienced the last one as fully as possible." Bugsby assumes a thoughtful pose and asks, "I've often wondered how you heroic types distinguish the innocents bystanders, from the evil ones, what's your secret?" He looks at you expectantly, an honest curiosity in his eyes.

Iodem:
I think we can roll our convo into the one at the table and include everyone, if that flows for you

Just a spatial question for all of us, Xue and Bugsby are sitting at the table they met, both Iodem and Zen have approached the table for their introductions, and then food was brought out by the stout ugly woman, to this same table. And now we're all sitting and eating at this table? Is that everyone's understanding?

Iodem wrote:
"Many hard days have gone into the completion, I've assisted where I could outside of my other duties and am quite proud of what has been accomplished in such a relatively short amount of time. Abstalar has had a very meticulous eye when it comes to standing over the worker's shoulders. I'm biased but I think the Gozreh shrine came out the best."

"Yes lets eat! Bugsby begins to transfer food to his mouth in a deliberate, but unhurried manner. He is clearly savoring each spicy bite. After the initial few minutes of the business of eating, the gnome slows down at a much more leisurely pace, allowing him to enjoy conversation as well as food. Looking back to Iodem, "Now I did have a question about the Cathedral, I'm quite excited to see it by the by, but you mentioned your bias towards Gozreh. No offense intended but you've never seemed... overly devout in our past interactions. Admittedly these interactions have been brief, but you've always seemed too straight-of-spine to be among the humbly bowed heads I normally see at worship." Bugsby purses his lips and looks slightly skyward, "How to make this a question... Are you a man of the cowl then?"


Male Human Fighter2/ AC18,FF,14,T14/ HP (14/20) /Init +10/Perception +2/Fort +5, Ref+4, Will +1/ +4 M, +6 R/ Bow 1d8

"I have taken no oath except the one to mine own self. I work at the Cathedral but do not worship in the same way as those that pray to Desna. Mine faith is still somewhat new to me, but I have tried to take heart in it. In my eyes the faith allows me to test myself against the elements before me. I suppose I am a bit of an odd duck in that sense. I'm neither sailor nor farmer, and have only briefly tried my hand at those. But I do enjoy the notion of carving mine own path through the world."

Iodem finishes his sentence as he expertly carves into the piece of boar before him.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male **Smuggler's Shiv Hex Map** Mad Scientest - Level Absolute **Smuggler's Shiv Editable Map**

So as promised, we are going to fast forward into 4pm's game time.

- Any conversation that you would like to take place before that can be "flextimed" as "Table Conversation". We are going to move into the game time to keep it flowing.

- I want all "table conversation discussion" (if any) to wrap up by midnight tomorrow night (05/04/12)

We've been playing for 3 days and I haven't even swung a sword at you... :)

The center in front of the plaza seems full of buzz as the games are unveiled. It seems all of Sandpoints residents are here, crowded into the area in front of the chapel. The tables have been moved.

A list tells what the town has to offer as far as games are concerned.

You see:

  • A fencing tournament
  • A magic display
  • A short play being put on by the acting guild in town
  • A "boulder tossing" event
  • A sharpshooting contest
  • A game of dice (18 yrs and up - we have been assured that there will be NO gambling there)
  • Boxing (18 and older)
  • Arm Wrestling competition
  • A "cook-off"
  • A puppet show
  • A kissing booth
  • A race
  • A game of "Who's the toad" (basically who flinches first)
  • A staring contest
  • A kissing contest
  • An obstacle course
  • A bug-eating contest

Yeah, this massive stone catherdral going up is a big deal. This is a big turning around point for the town, as they are trying to shrug off and forget the past

There will be boons for winning any contest(the prizes are set by the people running the games - they are common townsfolk, so don't be expecting +1 magical swords :) ). You can only visit each booth once, and you really only have time to do 5 or 6 of these, not all, by the time you walk to all the various locations, and stand in line if there is one. The dance will be starting around 6 or 7. They want the dance to start approximately an hour before dusk.

While you are standing in line you can talk to whomever you want, and get a feel for the townspeople, and also the games the people are running.

Iodem:
Since you are from town, you won't need to rp all the intros with everyone that you see. I can give you a general list of who is in what line, who is running the game, etc etc.

Bugsby:
Since you are from town, you won't need to rp all the intros with everyone that you see. I can give you a general list of who is in what line, who is running the game, etc etc.

Zen:
Since you aren't from town, this might be a good opportunity to impress people, and get on their good side. Everyone likes a winner. :) As you stand in line, I will describe roughly who is there, and you are welcome to find out about them as much as you want

You can all decide to go together, or separate. You technically don't even have to do *any* games. You can sneak away and try not to get caught by the rotating guards, if you really want.

Like I said though, there is opportunity to win here, and it isn't all material stuff. You might get diplomacy bonuses with people for winning, taking second, or even playing someone's game.

Have fun!

We'll do this as long as everyone is having fun with it (within reason), but I also don't want it to take forever. My trigger finger is getting itchy to send some "baddies" your way ;)

And, metagame: The faster you play these games in real-time, the more I might let you do.


Male **Smuggler's Shiv Hex Map** Mad Scientest - Level Absolute **Smuggler's Shiv Editable Map**

About the games ALL CHARACTERS READ!:

Also, don't feel like you need to "force" a "tactics" conversation or whatever, now. Between the games in the afternoon, the dance - which could go for most of the night - and a lot of time before the dedication of the cathedral tomorrow. So feel free to get quality time in now, or later.

I would remind you, that you have no real reason to "band together" with anyone right now. Unless of course you are fancying one another, or enjoying one anothers' company, etc.

Just because you know that you are all PC's in a game (meta) doesn't mean that you all have to start determining marching order just in case some bandits pop out of the alleyway, or something. Right now you are at a party, having some fun.

Not trying to manipulate the game or anything. It's wonderful if you enjoy each other - Xue is growing to be quite fond of Bugsby and likes Zen at the moment (she's not really sure about Iodem. He might be just good looks and an empty personality. She's not very impressed with the men in this town, at this point) - just saying that there is time to have things naturally happen if you want it to. Or we can do it all now, and focus on other things. Your choices. Do whatever is fun, and makes sense. Everything else will follow.

1 to 50 of 1,268 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Brayden's "Rise of the Runelords" All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.