Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

GM Brayden's PFS First Steps: "Intro to Lore" - Group 1 (Inactive)

Game Master Brayden Green


201 to 250 of 465 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Sczarni

Female Human Fighter (2H) 1 - HP 13/13 : AC 17 CMD 16 Touch 11 Flat 15 : fauchard+6;1d10+6/18-20x2 : PA fauchard +5;1d10+9/18-20x2 : chakram +2;1d8+4/20x2 : F +4 R +1 W +0 : INIT +1 Perc +0 CMB +5 (+7 trip

Wibeke shifts her weight on her feet, doing her best to keep her face wooden.

I'm betting this lady is a 'cat person.'

Italics is internal thoughts.

Andoran

M Human (Chelaxian)/ AC17,FF13,T14/ HP (10/10) /Init +6/Perc+4/Fort+2, Ref+6, Will+1/ +2/+2 M, +4 R/ Dagger 1d4 Rogue (Knife Master) 1

At the sight of the Chelish woman, Rutilus draws up his hood, bringing his shoulders in and trying to stay in step behind Dagbur to make himself less visible. To anyone who looks at him he simply shakes his head "no".


Male **Smuggler's Shiv Hex Map** Mad Scientest - Level Absolute **Smuggler's Shiv Editable Map**

It's in the next room. she says, as something smacks against the adjoining wall with a BOOM!

When questioned about the noise, she says “A servant is
greatly misbehaving. You’re going to have to deal with
it in order to get the trinket.” She goes over to the desk
in her study, opening a drawer and drawing out an
exquisite silver letter opener shaped like a dagger (treat
as a masterwork silver dagger). “You might need this to
get it to submit,” she offers with a sly grin.

Any other questions?

Grand Lodge

HP 10/10 AC 15 CMD 14 Touch 11 Flat 14 (Baridiche)+5;1d10+6 (Spiked Gauntlet) +5;1d4+4 F +1 R +1 W +1 INIT +0 Perc -1 CMB +4

"I'm assuming since you are giving us the dagger that you don't mind little of the servant's blood being spilled? I only ask because I want it to be clear. Did you want them dealt with permanently? Or just incapacitated?"

She motioned for Wibeke or one of the others to take the dagger.

Andoran

M Human (Chelaxian)/ AC17,FF13,T14/ HP (10/10) /Init +6/Perc+4/Fort+2, Ref+6, Will+1/ +2/+2 M, +4 R/ Dagger 1d4 Rogue (Knife Master) 1

"I'd like a closer look at that" Rutilus steps out from behind Dagbur face pointed at the ground hand outstretched. He flexes his hand a couple times in a childlike "gimme" manner.

He tosses it up and catches it a couple times before balancing it on his index finger. Pleased, a smirk stretches across his face and he uses his cloak to polish off any finger prints before tucking it in his belt.

Silver Crusade

Male Human Caviler/1 HP 13/13 AC 18 CMD 16 Touch 11 Flat 17 (Lonsword/Lance)+5;1d8+4 (Ranged Javilin) +2;1d6+4 F +4 R +1 W +-1 INIT +1 Perc -1 CMB +5

Let us proceed then. Please open the door Rutilus. Nobody draw their weapons yet. I will affix my shield to my arm solidly and place my hand on the pommel of the battered looking hilt of a sword.

Sczarni

[Barbarian/1]
Stats:
HP 14/14 AC 16 CMD 17 Touch 12 Flat 14 Greatsword+6 2d6+6, Blowgun+3 1d2, F +4 R +2 W +0 INIT +2 Perc +5 CMB +5

His neck craning to look behind him him as he feels a presence nearby he see's Rutilus shaking his head 'no' at him, and so shrugs and turns back to regard the lady. 'Little sneaky man be so funny!'

Dagbur's brows draw down into a scowl as the loud boom sounds against the wall and then the woman offers the excellent knife. Her subtlety is lost on him, but the lack of information does concern him. Lifting an arm to forestall the opening of the door, he asks her, "Why we need little knife to get servant to submit, Pretty lady?" The noise has clearly made him a little nervous and his body is tense as he regards the door into the adjoining room, his hands clenching and unclenching, clearly wanting the familiar weight of his sword in his hands.


Male **Smuggler's Shiv Hex Map** Mad Scientest - Level Absolute **Smuggler's Shiv Editable Map**

You might not necessarily need the knife, but I'm not opposed to you using it. Servants that misbehave are unfit for their masters, and as such, are in line for punishing. If it comes from you, or from me, it matters not.

The box is in there with him, do you have any more questions before you retrieve it?

Andoran

M Human (Chelaxian)/ AC17,FF13,T14/ HP (10/10) /Init +6/Perc+4/Fort+2, Ref+6, Will+1/ +2/+2 M, +4 R/ Dagger 1d4 Rogue (Knife Master) 1

Rutilus furrows his brow heavily and stiffens up at the mention of servant but turns so as to not draw the ire of the Paracountess.

I have no questions, proceed.

Sczarni

Female Human Fighter (2H) 1 - HP 13/13 : AC 17 CMD 16 Touch 11 Flat 15 : fauchard+6;1d10+6/18-20x2 : PA fauchard +5;1d10+9/18-20x2 : chakram +2;1d8+4/20x2 : F +4 R +1 W +0 : INIT +1 Perc +0 CMB +5 (+7 trip

Wibeke catches herself and turns to the Paracountess. "This servant is... human? Right?"


Male **Smuggler's Shiv Hex Map** Mad Scientest - Level Absolute **Smuggler's Shiv Editable Map**
Wibeke Skarinsdottr wrote:
Wibeke catches herself and turns to the Paracountess. "This servant is... human? Right?"

"Oh, certainly not! I'm not a slaver, after all! This servant in the room" BOOOOOM! "is very much sub-human, but a tricky little thing, anyways."

Andoran

M Human (Chelaxian)/ AC17,FF13,T14/ HP (10/10) /Init +6/Perc+4/Fort+2, Ref+6, Will+1/ +2/+2 M, +4 R/ Dagger 1d4 Rogue (Knife Master) 1

Rutilus twitches at the mention of sub-human but manages to stand a little straighter. I wish I could free this creature, maybe later under the cover of night when my comrades would not be suspect. However, I must proceed, I do not fail.

He walks up to the door and stopping before opening it turns to say. "I don't want to be too hasty but how about one of you open the door, I'll have your back."

Sczarni

Female Human Fighter (2H) 1 - HP 13/13 : AC 17 CMD 16 Touch 11 Flat 15 : fauchard+6;1d10+6/18-20x2 : PA fauchard +5;1d10+9/18-20x2 : chakram +2;1d8+4/20x2 : F +4 R +1 W +0 : INIT +1 Perc +0 CMB +5 (+7 trip

Wibeke stares at the Paracountess, obviously expecting more. "So... what exactly is it?


Male **Smuggler's Shiv Hex Map** Mad Scientest - Level Absolute **Smuggler's Shiv Editable Map**

It is an imp. A preoblematic one, and a filthy little liar. Which you can imagine, comes with the territory."

Sczarni

Female Human Fighter (2H) 1 - HP 13/13 : AC 17 CMD 16 Touch 11 Flat 15 : fauchard+6;1d10+6/18-20x2 : PA fauchard +5;1d10+9/18-20x2 : chakram +2;1d8+4/20x2 : F +4 R +1 W +0 : INIT +1 Perc +0 CMB +5 (+7 trip

"Ah, hence the silver." Wibeke licks her teeth in thought. "If this devil happens to try to hurt us, may we use force in return? Or do you want it subdued?"

Sczarni

[Barbarian/1]
Stats:
HP 14/14 AC 16 CMD 17 Touch 12 Flat 14 Greatsword+6 2d6+6, Blowgun+3 1d2, F +4 R +2 W +0 INIT +2 Perc +5 CMB +5

Dagbur's frown deepens, "Imp? and he holds his hands up to measure about the size of a cat. "Little be you meaning?" He seems unfamiliar with what seems to be common knowledge.

Grand Lodge

HP 10/10 AC 15 CMD 14 Touch 11 Flat 14 (Baridiche)+5;1d10+6 (Spiked Gauntlet) +5;1d4+4 F +1 R +1 W +1 INIT +0 Perc -1 CMB +4

"No, Dagbur. Imp as in little flying devil. Watch out, I hear they have a poison stinger. If everyone is ready?" As soon as everyone nods their assent, Lauranna opened the door and motioned everyone inside. As soon as they were all inside the room, she entered and closed the door behind her."[/b]

Sczarni

Female Human Fighter (2H) 1 - HP 13/13 : AC 17 CMD 16 Touch 11 Flat 15 : fauchard+6;1d10+6/18-20x2 : PA fauchard +5;1d10+9/18-20x2 : chakram +2;1d8+4/20x2 : F +4 R +1 W +0 : INIT +1 Perc +0 CMB +5 (+7 trip

I'd like to know if we can defend ourselves properly, or if we need to try to stuff it into a bag or something.

Sczarni

[Barbarian/1]
Stats:
HP 14/14 AC 16 CMD 17 Touch 12 Flat 14 Greatsword+6 2d6+6, Blowgun+3 1d2, F +4 R +2 W +0 INIT +2 Perc +5 CMB +5

I'm guessing the silver knife has some significance?

Dagbur squares up to the door, "Ready I be." and cautiously leads the way inside.

Andoran

M Human (Chelaxian)/ AC17,FF13,T14/ HP (10/10) /Init +6/Perc+4/Fort+2, Ref+6, Will+1/ +2/+2 M, +4 R/ Dagger 1d4 Rogue (Knife Master) 1

Rutilus waits for the big man to clear the door before hopping in step behind him, stretching his gait to be almost as long as the big guys.


Male **Smuggler's Shiv Hex Map** Mad Scientest - Level Absolute **Smuggler's Shiv Editable Map**

I would rather it not be banished yet, I have some punishment I'd like to deal it for its obstinance. But it is a sub human creature, so do with it what you must to get back the box.

Sczarni

Female Human Fighter (2H) 1 - HP 13/13 : AC 17 CMD 16 Touch 11 Flat 15 : fauchard+6;1d10+6/18-20x2 : PA fauchard +5;1d10+9/18-20x2 : chakram +2;1d8+4/20x2 : F +4 R +1 W +0 : INIT +1 Perc +0 CMB +5 (+7 trip

"Alright, then. Attempt subdual, violence as a secondary option." Wibeke takes her place at the front of the party. "Ready."


Male **Smuggler's Shiv Hex Map** Mad Scientest - Level Absolute **Smuggler's Shiv Editable Map**

Map HERE

Zarta’s bedroom is decorated in the colors of Cheliax—
ebon black and crimson red. Silk, rare woods, and
carefully carved marble compose every bit of furniture
in the room. Goose down now litters the room, covering
almost every surface and the silken shreds of the cushions
that contained it lie about like flayed skin . A post on the
massive screened bed is snapped in half, collapsed on the
bed and drawing the screened curtains into a ripped slope
of formerly fine cloth. Vials of perfume and crystal jars of
other cosmetics sit smashed on the marble floor around
the dresser. A prominent fixture in the room, a large “X”
made of stout wood sits along the west wall, complete with
leather shackles and chains. A table sits to its left strewn
with various items intended for pleasure, but outwardly
resembling implements of pain.

The imp is not paying attention to any of you, it is so concerned about getting inside the box. It realizes that you are there, watching it, but it is so concerned about the box it is only half watching you. The door closes behind you.

The creature desperately wants inside the box
and throws it around the room hoping to smash the thing
open. Though dented, the case doesn’t look like it will be
opening anytime soon.

Sczarni

[Barbarian/1]
Stats:
HP 14/14 AC 16 CMD 17 Touch 12 Flat 14 Greatsword+6 2d6+6, Blowgun+3 1d2, F +4 R +2 W +0 INIT +2 Perc +5 CMB +5

Dagbur surveys the room carefully, keeping one eye on the imp at all times, and tries to make sense of what he's seeing. Several questions come to mind, but rather than exacerbate an already strange situation he say's nothing but a quiet, "Uhhhm." and looks around for Ser Jec or Lauranna.

Silver Crusade

Male Human Caviler/1 HP 13/13 AC 18 CMD 16 Touch 11 Flat 17 (Lonsword/Lance)+5;1d8+4 (Ranged Javilin) +2;1d6+4 F +4 R +1 W +-1 INIT +1 Perc -1 CMB +5

Little Imp, Can we have that box that you are holding?

Diplo1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25


Male **Smuggler's Shiv Hex Map** Mad Scientest - Level Absolute **Smuggler's Shiv Editable Map**
Ser Jec Leblanc wrote:

Little Imp, Can we have that box that you are holding?

Diplo1d20+6

You may have the box. It is what is inside the box that I am concerned about. But I can't get it open. It is not breaking, and every time I try to open one of these seven latches, I get shocked. He tries to open one of the latches again, and howls out in pain.

Once I have it open, you can have the box, surely. I do not want it's contents to be in the hands of humans. I must hide it.

Grand Lodge

HP 10/10 AC 15 CMD 14 Touch 11 Flat 14 (Baridiche)+5;1d10+6 (Spiked Gauntlet) +5;1d4+4 F +1 R +1 W +1 INIT +0 Perc -1 CMB +4

"As our instructions were to retrieve the item in question, I doubt Captain Valsin would be very happy with us, we we to return the box without its current contents. Perhaps if you can tell us what is in the box, we might be able to make the arguement that its contents should be returned to you."

diplo 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26

Andoran

M Human (Chelaxian)/ AC17,FF13,T14/ HP (10/10) /Init +6/Perc+4/Fort+2, Ref+6, Will+1/ +2/+2 M, +4 R/ Dagger 1d4 Rogue (Knife Master) 1

Diploparty! No chance of having a nonhuman ask.

Rutilus still stands behind Dagbur but has his head peaking out around the side. Watching the Imp intently.


Male **Smuggler's Shiv Hex Map** Mad Scientest - Level Absolute **Smuggler's Shiv Editable Map**
Lauranna Stormblessed wrote:

"As our instructions were to retrieve the item in question, I doubt Captain Valsin would be very happy with us, we we to return the box without its current contents. Perhaps if you can tell us what is in the box, we might be able to make the arguement that its contents should be returned to you."

diplo 1d20+7

The box contains a bag, and a hook, that will summon devils like me without much impudence, so they will live out their pathetic lives on this side as slaves, to whomever feels that we are beneath them. This is why I must open it, and hide it. It is unjust that such a thing be out in the air. Think if you were me... If someone had a hook that summoned your children to hell to slave away for them, what would you do to get rid of such an item? he attempts to lift one of the latches again BAAGGGAAAAAAAAAAH!!! and in frustration throws it against the wall again.

Andoran

M Human (Chelaxian)/ AC17,FF13,T14/ HP (10/10) /Init +6/Perc+4/Fort+2, Ref+6, Will+1/ +2/+2 M, +4 R/ Dagger 1d4 Rogue (Knife Master) 1

Rutilus comes away shaken by the words of the imp. Returning to fully hide behind Dagbur he fixates his gaze on a nondescript portion of the wall. Damn this wench. I would be unable to destroy this box and free that imp without being apprehended by either the guards or my companions. I best just add this to the list. One day I'll be able to make a difference.

Sczarni

[Barbarian/1]
Stats:
HP 14/14 AC 16 CMD 17 Touch 12 Flat 14 Greatsword+6 2d6+6, Blowgun+3 1d2, F +4 R +2 W +0 INIT +2 Perc +5 CMB +5

Dagbur clears his throat, "We asked to bring item back, so you come too and we talk to boss together? How that sound little imp?" The barbarian hasn't relaxed, but he's grateful they weren't attacked immediately upon entering the torn up room. Dagbur gives a little chuckle as he looks around the room, "Pretty lady gonna be so mad!" and then returns his attention to the agitated imp.


Male **Smuggler's Shiv Hex Map** Mad Scientest - Level Absolute **Smuggler's Shiv Editable Map**

She. Probably. Won't. Let. Me. Go. With. You.

He says jumping on the box in between each word. He grabs it in his feet, and then flies up to the ceiling and it lands with a dull *thud*

Grand Lodge

Ranger 2; HP 20/20,- AC 18/T: 14/FF: 14 - Perception +7 - F: +4/ R: +7/ W: +2 - CMB: +3 - CMD: 17, Speed: 30, Init. +4
Brayden Green wrote:
Lauranna Stormblessed wrote:

"As our instructions were to retrieve the item in question, I doubt Captain Valsin would be very happy with us, we we to return the box without its current contents. Perhaps if you can tell us what is in the box, we might be able to make the arguement that its contents should be returned to you."

diplo 1d20+7

The box contains a bag, and a hook, that will summon devils like me without much impudence, so they will live out their pathetic lives on this side as slaves, to whomever feels that we are beneath them. This is why I must open it, and hide it. It is unjust that such a thing be out in the air. Think if you were me... If someone had a hook that summoned your children to hell to slave away for them, what would you do to get rid of such an item? he attempts to lift one of the latches again BAAGGGAAAAAAAAAAH!!! and in frustration throws it against the wall again.

Sense motive 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9


Male **Smuggler's Shiv Hex Map** Mad Scientest - Level Absolute **Smuggler's Shiv Editable Map**

He seems to be telling the truth

Sczarni

Female Human Fighter (2H) 1 - HP 13/13 : AC 17 CMD 16 Touch 11 Flat 15 : fauchard+6;1d10+6/18-20x2 : PA fauchard +5;1d10+9/18-20x2 : chakram +2;1d8+4/20x2 : F +4 R +1 W +0 : INIT +1 Perc +0 CMB +5 (+7 trip

"You do realize we are talking to hellspawn right now? I doubt that slavery would be a moral quandary if his situation were reversed."

Sczarni

[Barbarian/1]
Stats:
HP 14/14 AC 16 CMD 17 Touch 12 Flat 14 Greatsword+6 2d6+6, Blowgun+3 1d2, F +4 R +2 W +0 INIT +2 Perc +5 CMB +5

Dagbur nods at Wibeke's comment, thinking slowly, "But... not reversed, true?" he looks at her curious.

Sczarni

Female Human Fighter (2H) 1 - HP 13/13 : AC 17 CMD 16 Touch 11 Flat 15 : fauchard+6;1d10+6/18-20x2 : PA fauchard +5;1d10+9/18-20x2 : chakram +2;1d8+4/20x2 : F +4 R +1 W +0 : INIT +1 Perc +0 CMB +5 (+7 trip

Wibeke slows down and over-pronounces her words. "This is a devil. He is very bad. Very, very bad. He is complaining about being a slave, but he would not feel bad having his own slaves. He is a hy-po-crite." She smiles a Do-you-understand? smile at Dagbur.

Sczarni

[Barbarian/1]
Stats:
HP 14/14 AC 16 CMD 17 Touch 12 Flat 14 Greatsword+6 2d6+6, Blowgun+3 1d2, F +4 R +2 W +0 INIT +2 Perc +5 CMB +5

Dagbur nods but doesn't return the smile, his eyes widening as comprehension dawns, "Ah I see, how you know he so bad Wibeke?" He looks back to the little, irate imp, wondering how such a little thing could be so very very bad. In a stern voice, "Little Imp, you want slaves?"

Silver Crusade

Male Human Caviler/1 HP 13/13 AC 18 CMD 16 Touch 11 Flat 17 (Lonsword/Lance)+5;1d8+4 (Ranged Javilin) +2;1d6+4 F +4 R +1 W +-1 INIT +1 Perc -1 CMB +5

Imp if you give us the box and its contents you have my word that it will be placed in a very secure place and the item will never be used to summon your kind to slavery

Would that be a diplo check or a bluff lol

Sczarni

[Barbarian/1]
Stats:
HP 14/14 AC 16 CMD 17 Touch 12 Flat 14 Greatsword+6 2d6+6, Blowgun+3 1d2, F +4 R +2 W +0 INIT +2 Perc +5 CMB +5

Bluff if lying, right?

Silver Crusade

Male Human Caviler/1 HP 13/13 AC 18 CMD 16 Touch 11 Flat 17 (Lonsword/Lance)+5;1d8+4 (Ranged Javilin) +2;1d6+4 F +4 R +1 W +-1 INIT +1 Perc -1 CMB +5

thats the problem I dont know if im lying Jec truly believes what he is saying. its it nature but.. Will Brayden see it that way?

Sczarni

[Barbarian/1]
Stats:
HP 14/14 AC 16 CMD 17 Touch 12 Flat 14 Greatsword+6 2d6+6, Blowgun+3 1d2, F +4 R +2 W +0 INIT +2 Perc +5 CMB +5

aha, we shall see


Male **Smuggler's Shiv Hex Map** Mad Scientest - Level Absolute **Smuggler's Shiv Editable Map**

Ser Jec, let me answer your question with a question... do you have the authority to make that promise?

Grand Lodge

Ranger 2; HP 20/20,- AC 18/T: 14/FF: 14 - Perception +7 - F: +4/ R: +7/ W: +2 - CMB: +3 - CMD: 17, Speed: 30, Init. +4

"Erm, guys, maybe this will sound like a stupid question, but how do we actually know that the item we need to retrieve is this box? We did not ask specifically Lady Zarta if this box is the one we need to retrieve..."

Haraldir takes a few steps deeper into the room, his weapons at ready, trying to inspect his surrounding from a closer range.

Perception check 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10

Grand Lodge

HP 10/10 AC 15 CMD 14 Touch 11 Flat 14 (Baridiche)+5;1d10+6 (Spiked Gauntlet) +5;1d4+4 F +1 R +1 W +1 INIT +0 Perc -1 CMB +4

"She said the item we needed to retrieve was the box. I am making the assumption that the contents should be retrieved intact. So, I ask you one last time, imp, to yield the box to us, so that we might return it to its current owners, the Pathfinder Lodge under the direction of Venture Captain Ambrus Valsin."

Diplo one last time 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9


Male **Smuggler's Shiv Hex Map** Mad Scientest - Level Absolute **Smuggler's Shiv Editable Map**

It's going to a different person the the Paracountess?

Is this Valsin a good man?

Valsin is good, if anyone is wondering.

Silver Crusade

Male Human Caviler/1 HP 13/13 AC 18 CMD 16 Touch 11 Flat 17 (Lonsword/Lance)+5;1d8+4 (Ranged Javilin) +2;1d6+4 F +4 R +1 W +-1 INIT +1 Perc -1 CMB +5

I dont have the athority to guarantee that but do i know this and does he?. Also how do we know Valsin is good?

Grand Lodge

HP 10/10 AC 15 CMD 14 Touch 11 Flat 14 (Baridiche)+5;1d10+6 (Spiked Gauntlet) +5;1d4+4 F +1 R +1 W +1 INIT +0 Perc -1 CMB +4

"He is a good man, yes. Maybe not the best, but a good man."


Male **Smuggler's Shiv Hex Map** Mad Scientest - Level Absolute **Smuggler's Shiv Editable Map**
Ser Jec Leblanc wrote:
[ooc]I dont have the athority to guarantee that but do i know this and does he?.

You don't have the authority to make this promise, and you know that you don't. Your assignment is to hand it in to Valsin. It would require a bluff because you are promising something that know you can't guarantee.

It doesn't matter what he does or doesn't know. You could speak to an inanimate brick wall, and if you are including a lie in there, you would make a bluff check. The exposing of the lie starts with the telling of it, not the receiving of it. If you roll a nat 1 on a bluff, leaving you with a total of 4, for example, then you just did something obvious to give the lie away, like blush, look away and up to the sides, fidget a little, or whatever you want to excuse it as. (Then a confirmation SM to beat your bluff would be required, in order to expose the fact that you are hiding/lying about something.)

If you lie, you have to roll a bluff. If you bend truths with intent to deceive, leaving out important details, you have to roll a bluff. If you open your mouth, and anything comes out but the truth as you know it to be with the intent to deceive or mislead, you have to roll a bluff.

FROM THE SRD.

Check: Bluff is an opposed skill check against your opponent's Sense Motive skill. If you use Bluff to fool someone, with a successful check you convince your opponent that what you are saying is true. Bluff checks are modified depending upon the believability of the lie. The following modifiers are applied to the roll of the creature attempting to tell the lie. Note that some lies are so improbable that it is impossible to convince anyone that they are true (subject to GM discretion).
Circumstances Bluff Modifier
The target wants to believe you +5
The lie is believable +0
The lie is unlikely –5
The lie is far-fetched –10
The lie is impossible –20
The target is drunk or impaired +5
You possess convincing proof up to +10

For example:

If you promise a kid a birthday cake, knowing full well that you won't have time to get that birthday cake and you have no way to purchase it anyways, is that lying to the kid? Of course it is. You would be bluffing at a +5, because the child wants to believe you will get it a cake. You would get a +5 also, if the child is drunk, and a +10 if you have convincing evidence. Like if your paper said "Go get the box and take care of it as you see fit" you could hold that forth and say "we have an order to do what we feel best with the box, and we feel it is best thrown into a vault forever and the key thrown away". If you didn't intend to do that, but were just going to use it for example, then you would still get a +10 on the lie, because you are showing that you have authority to do it.

In this case, the Imp wants to believe you, but you have no evidence of the claim that you have the authority to back it up. So you would be bluffing with a +5 modifier, against the Imp's sense motive.

Any further discussion on this is welcome if needed, and will be asked to take place on the discussion thread.


Male **Smuggler's Shiv Hex Map** Mad Scientest - Level Absolute **Smuggler's Shiv Editable Map**

You know Valsin is good because I tell you ;)

201 to 250 of 465 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Brayden's PFS First Steps: "Intro to Lore" - Group 1 All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.