Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


GM Brayden's PFS First Steps: "In Service to Lore" (Group 2)

Game Master Brayden Green

Pathfinder Society "First Steps." This is the introductory phase to pathfinder society.


301 to 350 of 545 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>
Qadira

Female Half-Elf HP 26/26 AC 16 CMB +3 CMD 15 Touch 13 Flat 12 (Melee Weapon: +1 Rapier)+6;1d6+2 (Ranged: Short bow) +5;1d6+0 F +2 R +6 W +4 INIT +3 Perc +13 Rogue 3 - Sorc 1

Leather armor on. Armor mod: 0

Waiting until she can see the boat through the hole in the floor below her, Shilyn takes a deep breath and carefully attempts to traverse the beam, placing each step with as much care as she can. "Have I mentioned.. I really hate heights," she mutters.

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25


Male **Smuggler's Shiv Hex Map** Mad Scientest - Level Absolute **Smuggler's Shiv Editable Map**

The boat is there, Shilyn is there at the pulley system.

You can use disable device to thread the rope, but I need you to roll it.

Qadira

Female Half-Elf HP 26/26 AC 16 CMB +3 CMD 15 Touch 13 Flat 12 (Melee Weapon: +1 Rapier)+6;1d6+2 (Ranged: Short bow) +5;1d6+0 F +2 R +6 W +4 INIT +3 Perc +13 Rogue 3 - Sorc 1

With a deep breath (and partial death grip on the rope holding the pulley) Shilyn attempts to thread the rope through the pulley..

Disable Device 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14

Muttering under her breath, she tries again..

Disable Device 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21

Grand Lodge

HP 9/9 AC 14 CMD +12 Touch 12 Flat 12 (Punch Dagger)+0;1d4+X (Bomb 7/7)) +3;1d6+4 F +3 R +4 W +1 INIT +4 Perc +6 CMB +0 ; M Half-Orc Alchemist (Mindchemist)/1

Ahzrin wrings his hands as his more daring companions maneuver to secure the crate. He sees Shilyn teetering on the beam. "Oh do be careful..."

Grand Lodge

HP 50/50 AC 19 Touch 13 Flat 17 (scimitar)+3, 1d4 (lt xbow) +5,1d6+0 F +6 R +4 W +8 INIT +5 Perc +11 CMB +3 CMD 15 MP 8/9 gnome cleric(theologian)/5
skills:
skills: Bluff +2, Diplomacy +9, Escape Artist +2, Heal +8, Know religion 5, Know planes +4 Perception +12, Profession (cook) +11, Sense Motive +4, Spellcraft +4, Stealth +3

Lore picks up Shi's oversized for a gnome rapier and places it carefully on a crate near the one with the markings on it for Shi's easy recovery of it. Then she waits, worriedly, with Ahz.


Thaddaeus Hawke wrote:
I'm more than happy to pilot the boat beneath the crate if no one else is interested in doing so...but I wonder if some of our lighter-armored folks might be better suited. This armor isn't exactly buoyant.

Bander glances at the young warrior and gives him a grin. “These old bones of mine ain’t really up for a pleasure trip on some yacht. Hell, the last time I was some dang flea bitten boat, I almost fracking drowned. So no thank you I’ll keep my feet nice and dry up here.”

Seeing Shilyn shimming out onto the beam, Bander let’s his one eye enjoy the show for a moment. Damn it man she’s almost young enough to by your daughter. Getting his wandering eye back under control the grizzled man wanders off and begins searching the rest of the warehouse for anything of interest.

Bander’s perception check 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23
+

Qadira

Female Half-Elf HP 26/26 AC 16 CMB +3 CMD 15 Touch 13 Flat 12 (Melee Weapon: +1 Rapier)+6;1d6+2 (Ranged: Short bow) +5;1d6+0 F +2 R +6 W +4 INIT +3 Perc +13 Rogue 3 - Sorc 1

Once she has the rope through the pulley, Shilyn grabs on to the end of the rope that she'd just fed through and pulls on it carefully to bring what she estimates as an arm-length through. Holding on to the short end, she looks down and says, "Rope coming!" and drops the longer end down to the others while gripping the shorter end to keep it from being pulled through the pulley.

"Hey.. someone grab on to that end and hold on to it please," she says to no one in particular.

Grand Lodge

HP 50/50 AC 19 Touch 13 Flat 17 (scimitar)+3, 1d4 (lt xbow) +5,1d6+0 F +6 R +4 W +8 INIT +5 Perc +11 CMB +3 CMD 15 MP 8/9 gnome cleric(theologian)/5
skills:
skills: Bluff +2, Diplomacy +9, Escape Artist +2, Heal +8, Know religion 5, Know planes +4 Perception +12, Profession (cook) +11, Sense Motive +4, Spellcraft +4, Stealth +3

LOre reaches, but probably can't grab the rope. "Tall person here please? Bander? Unh! Sometimes there are uses for tall people, yanno. Oh, please, get over yourself, girl, you know you love tallfolk.


Hearing his name Bander let's forth a short curse and then wanders back over to the area of the crate. Ok old man keep you damn mind out of the gutter and your eye off Shilynn's shapely...damn it. Just grab the rope...

Bander grabs hold of the rope and braces himself.

Bander is 42 years old (not really 'old' but older then the rest of you I gather) and only has a strength of 10 so...if anyone else wants to help with the rope it might be good.
+

Andoran

Human/Fighter - HP: 36/36, - AC: 22/T: 12/FF: 20 - Perception: +9, Init +2 - F: +7 / R: +4/ W: +4 - CMB: +7 - CMD: 19, Speed: 30

Thaddaeus waits in the gently rocking boat for the crate to come plunking down; reminiscing of the times he spent fishing back in Falcon's Hollow.

Qadira

Female Half-Elf HP 26/26 AC 16 CMB +3 CMD 15 Touch 13 Flat 12 (Melee Weapon: +1 Rapier)+6;1d6+2 (Ranged: Short bow) +5;1d6+0 F +2 R +6 W +4 INIT +3 Perc +13 Rogue 3 - Sorc 1

Seeing Bander brace himself with rope in hand, Shilyn eases herself down on the beam. "Ok, get ready! Here comes the short end." Grabbing the rope in both hands, she carefully lets herself slide off the beam and onto the rope.

With rope and pulley, Shilyn's 150 lbs shouldn't be too much of a problem for Bander.. unless he just ate greasy food.. aaaaah! *splat* :)


Male **Smuggler's Shiv Hex Map** Mad Scientest - Level Absolute **Smuggler's Shiv Editable Map**

Okay, now you need to position the crane over the crate and attach it.

The floorboards surrounding the crate seem awfully suspect to you, with your perceptions.

So step 1, pivot the crane over the crate rotating it at it's base by pushing it on the wall.

Step 2 secure the crane by reaching out and attaching it manually on the precarious looking squares around the opening.

Step 3 lifting the crane (STR check, anyone with a + modifier can take ten if everything is attached well)

Step 4 and 5, pivoting the crane over to the floor, and lowering it (again auto with a + mod in STR)

Qadira

Female Half-Elf HP 26/26 AC 16 CMB +3 CMD 15 Touch 13 Flat 12 (Melee Weapon: +1 Rapier)+6;1d6+2 (Ranged: Short bow) +5;1d6+0 F +2 R +6 W +4 INIT +3 Perc +13 Rogue 3 - Sorc 1

Shilyn holds on tight as Bander lowers her back to the floor. Once she is down, with both ends of the rope now where they can be reached, she ponders the situation a moment.

"We'll probably need someone very light to tie off the crate once we get the crane in position. That'd probably be you, Lore," she says with a grin.

Looking over at the others she continues, "Ahzrin, if you can move the crane in place, I'll help Bander with the lifting once it's tied."

Retrieving her rapier, she fixes it to her belt while walking over to join Bander.

Grand Lodge

HP 9/9 AC 14 CMD +12 Touch 12 Flat 12 (Punch Dagger)+0;1d4+X (Bomb 7/7)) +3;1d6+4 F +3 R +4 W +1 INIT +4 Perc +6 CMB +0 ; M Half-Orc Alchemist (Mindchemist)/1

Ahz smiles a toothy grin as he is directed. All this physical labor had left the cerebral alchemist a bit discombobulated.

"Quite right!" He says as he moves to the crane. Leaning into it, he begins to carefully push it into place.


Male **Smuggler's Shiv Hex Map** Mad Scientest - Level Absolute **Smuggler's Shiv Editable Map**

The crane locks into place. I need two acrobatics from Lore, and a sleight of hand check, until you meet a 10.

For every sleight of hand that you miss, I need another acro.

Grand Lodge

HP 50/50 AC 19 Touch 13 Flat 17 (scimitar)+3, 1d4 (lt xbow) +5,1d6+0 F +6 R +4 W +8 INIT +5 Perc +11 CMB +3 CMD 15 MP 8/9 gnome cleric(theologian)/5
skills:
skills: Bluff +2, Diplomacy +9, Escape Artist +2, Heal +8, Know religion 5, Know planes +4 Perception +12, Profession (cook) +11, Sense Motive +4, Spellcraft +4, Stealth +3

acro 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15
acro 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
s-o-h 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
Lore, after a failed attempt, casts guidance and uses it for her sleight of hand check.
acro 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20
s-o-h 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18


Male **Smuggler's Shiv Hex Map** Mad Scientest - Level Absolute **Smuggler's Shiv Editable Map**

Lore locks the crane into place, and the crane is propelled upwards, over, and down thanks to the brute strength of Ahz, and all that brought it functioning again.

Inside, you find:

The rescued crate holds a smaller mahogany
box inside, which contains five books and a few loose sheets
of paper in a leather folder. The titles and subjects seem
completely unrelated to each other: Practical Thaumaturgy
In Accordance with Creation, Geographic Anomalies of the
Inner Sea, Under Kaer Maga: A Trial and Travel, Physiology of
Dragons: An Illustrated Reference, Lost Sarusan. The leather
folder contains cargo manifestos, warehouse inventories,
and other financial logs from a dozen different merchant
houses and trade guilds.
The crate also contains 10 sets of masterwork thieves’
tools, three flasks of alchemist’s fire, a flask of acid, a dozen
jars of various inks, a footprint book*, adamantine weapon
blanch*, three bags of powder*, a deck of marked cards*,
and two sets of average loaded dice*. (Items marked with
an asterisk may be found in the Advanced Player’s Guide.)

Grand Lodge

HP 50/50 AC 19 Touch 13 Flat 17 (scimitar)+3, 1d4 (lt xbow) +5,1d6+0 F +6 R +4 W +8 INIT +5 Perc +11 CMB +3 CMD 15 MP 8/9 gnome cleric(theologian)/5
skills:
skills: Bluff +2, Diplomacy +9, Escape Artist +2, Heal +8, Know religion 5, Know planes +4 Perception +12, Profession (cook) +11, Sense Motive +4, Spellcraft +4, Stealth +3

"He said we could have everything in the crate except the books and papers. I say we take it all and keep what we want, sell the rest and split the money. I for one would like at least a little of the ink and maybe an alchemist fire or two. The rest I have no real interest in."

Lore's voice sounds almost rapturous at the mention of alchemist's fire and her eyes light a little.

Andoran

Human/Fighter - HP: 36/36, - AC: 22/T: 12/FF: 20 - Perception: +9, Init +2 - F: +7 / R: +4/ W: +4 - CMB: +7 - CMD: 19, Speed: 30

Although he enjoyed his boat ride, Thaddaeus rows back to the dock and joins the rest if the group inside the warehouse.

Qadira

Female Half-Elf HP 26/26 AC 16 CMB +3 CMD 15 Touch 13 Flat 12 (Melee Weapon: +1 Rapier)+6;1d6+2 (Ranged: Short bow) +5;1d6+0 F +2 R +6 W +4 INIT +3 Perc +13 Rogue 3 - Sorc 1

Walking over to peer into the crate with the others, Shilyn notices tools of her trade and begins examining them. "Oh, these are nice. Good craftsmanship too," she says. "I agree with Lore," she says with a grin.

Picking up what looks like an inventory list, she scans the papers. "Hrm.. wonder if there's anything else in here we could take and sell before the place gets locked down," she wonders aloud while absentmindedly slipping a set of tools into her pouch.

Setting the list down with the other papers, she turns and starts walking between crates and boxes, casting an eye over them. "Let's see..."
Picking one at random, she pulls out her dagger and begins to open the crate.


Male **Smuggler's Shiv Hex Map** Mad Scientest - Level Absolute **Smuggler's Shiv Editable Map**

Not much else in there. Just a bunch of standard weapons. This leads me to a discussion about "party loot" that I'm not sure we have had. You are welcome to use anything that you find, but once the end of the mission comes, you have to give everything back. (sell it for half gold). Anything that you want to keep you need to buy at the end of the round for your character to keep. Any questions on that for the discussion thread?

Qadira

Female Half-Elf HP 26/26 AC 16 CMB +3 CMD 15 Touch 13 Flat 12 (Melee Weapon: +1 Rapier)+6;1d6+2 (Ranged: Short bow) +5;1d6+0 F +2 R +6 W +4 INIT +3 Perc +13 Rogue 3 - Sorc 1

When she doesn't find anything else that catches her eye, Shilyn drops the short sword she'd been examining back into the now-opened crate with a clang of metal on metal. Walking back to the others she says, "Ok, that was a bust, but at least we have the books and stuff."

Grinning broadly she continues, "Well, they could outfit a small army, but no shinies." With a feigned pout, she picks up her pack where she'd dropped it before climbing the ladder and slips it onto her shoulders.

"Shall we take all the stuff in this crate back with us?"


Bander gives the various tools in the crate a good examination. "Well, we still have several jobs ahead of us and you never know when some of this frackin' junk might come in handy so I vote we divvy it up and get these books back to our contact."
+

Andoran

Human/Fighter - HP: 36/36, - AC: 22/T: 12/FF: 20 - Perception: +9, Init +2 - F: +7 / R: +4/ W: +4 - CMB: +7 - CMD: 19, Speed: 30

Thaddaeus grabs the flasks of Alchemist's Fire. I'm assuming their identifiable or labeled?

Well these could certainly come in handy if we encounter any...opposition. How's your throwing arm Bander? Want to hang on to one?

Thaddaeus also sticks a bag of powder in his backpack.


Male **Smuggler's Shiv Hex Map** Mad Scientest - Level Absolute **Smuggler's Shiv Editable Map**

Ahz was able to identify it immediately.

The powder is flour, to be exact. Just in case someone decides to go invisible on you. ;)

Andoran

Human/Fighter - HP: 36/36, - AC: 22/T: 12/FF: 20 - Perception: +9, Init +2 - F: +7 / R: +4/ W: +4 - CMB: +7 - CMD: 19, Speed: 30

Or, you know, maybe if I want to bake a cake!


Male **Smuggler's Shiv Hex Map** Mad Scientest - Level Absolute **Smuggler's Shiv Editable Map**

So my guess is that you take this back to Guaril?

Any divying of items that you want to do can be done in flextime.

He looks at the books and is ecstatic to have them.

Oh, these will fetch a very good price for me, and in turn, here you all go. Be sure to come back and see me. We, the Sczarni, can reward you for your efforts far better than anyone else in the society.

He hands each of you a bag of gold.

You may ask him any questions that you have, or you may move on, whatever seems best to you.

Andoran

Human/Fighter - HP: 36/36, - AC: 22/T: 12/FF: 20 - Perception: +9, Init +2 - F: +7 / R: +4/ W: +4 - CMB: +7 - CMD: 19, Speed: 30

Thaddaeus thanks Guaril for the payment while trying hard not to think about where the money came from. He stands alert and reticent behind his companions; anxious to leave.

Qadira

Female Half-Elf HP 26/26 AC 16 CMB +3 CMD 15 Touch 13 Flat 12 (Melee Weapon: +1 Rapier)+6;1d6+2 (Ranged: Short bow) +5;1d6+0 F +2 R +6 W +4 INIT +3 Perc +13 Rogue 3 - Sorc 1

Shilyn sets down her pack and drops the bag of gold into it, not wishing to risk insult to Guaril by counting it in front of him. Flashing a warm smile at him she says;

Varasian:
"Thank you for your generosity. I'm sure it will more than cover our expenses," she says pleasantly. "It appears that much of your business is in the arms trade. I will have to keep my eyes open for any quality blacksmiths along the way and see if they would like to conduct business with you in the future. Standard fees of course."

She lets out a soft laugh and turns to the others, "Ok, where to now?"


umm we seem stuck...so here it goes, hoping to get rolling again.

Bander scratches absent mindedly at the scars running down the left side of his face as he ponders the question. "Well we got two fracking tasks left; one, to retrieve a gods' be damned object and return it to the vaults; and two, to finalize the deal for the society's fricking dig. Seems to me unless we want to lug around this piece of kobold crap object we might as well leave that one for last and tackle the situation with the dig first."
+

Grand Lodge

HP 50/50 AC 19 Touch 13 Flat 17 (scimitar)+3, 1d4 (lt xbow) +5,1d6+0 F +6 R +4 W +8 INIT +5 Perc +11 CMB +3 CMD 15 MP 8/9 gnome cleric(theologian)/5
skills:
skills: Bluff +2, Diplomacy +9, Escape Artist +2, Heal +8, Know religion 5, Know planes +4 Perception +12, Profession (cook) +11, Sense Motive +4, Spellcraft +4, Stealth +3

"I really want to see what it is that came out of the vault, but ok, you have a point, Bander. Off to see about that dig it is." Lore looks only a teensy bit disappointed.

Grand Lodge

HP 50/50 AC 19 Touch 13 Flat 17 (scimitar)+3, 1d4 (lt xbow) +5,1d6+0 F +6 R +4 W +8 INIT +5 Perc +11 CMB +3 CMD 15 MP 8/9 gnome cleric(theologian)/5
skills:
skills: Bluff +2, Diplomacy +9, Escape Artist +2, Heal +8, Know religion 5, Know planes +4 Perception +12, Profession (cook) +11, Sense Motive +4, Spellcraft +4, Stealth +3

Lore may be too polite to count the gold in front of Guaril, but she will take the first opportunity out of his sight to see how much it is - mostly just for record keeping purposes, but she is curious too.

Qadira

Female Half-Elf HP 26/26 AC 16 CMB +3 CMD 15 Touch 13 Flat 12 (Melee Weapon: +1 Rapier)+6;1d6+2 (Ranged: Short bow) +5;1d6+0 F +2 R +6 W +4 INIT +3 Perc +13 Rogue 3 - Sorc 1

Listening to Bander, Shilyn can't help but laugh. "C'mon big guy.. wiping kids butts, shoveling stables or kobold crap.. take your pick. Either way.. we'll be knee deep in it before long," she says teasingly as she throws a wink at Lore.

"Besides, I'm upwind."


Male **Smuggler's Shiv Hex Map** Mad Scientest - Level Absolute **Smuggler's Shiv Editable Map**

Lore, I'll give you your correct gold count at the end of the session, but it's over 50, by the weight of it. It might even be over 100.

Andoran

Human/Fighter - HP: 36/36, - AC: 22/T: 12/FF: 20 - Perception: +9, Init +2 - F: +7 / R: +4/ W: +4 - CMB: +7 - CMD: 19, Speed: 30

So its off to the Wise Quarter to pay a visit to Salhar then?

Grand Lodge

HP 9/9 AC 14 CMD +12 Touch 12 Flat 12 (Punch Dagger)+0;1d4+X (Bomb 7/7)) +3;1d6+4 F +3 R +4 W +1 INIT +4 Perc +6 CMB +0 ; M Half-Orc Alchemist (Mindchemist)/1

Ahzrin looks longingly at the books as the group hands them over to the slimy Varisian. He turns away with almost visible effort and nods to Bander.

"I agree. The dig seems the likely choice."


Male **Smuggler's Shiv Hex Map** Mad Scientest - Level Absolute **Smuggler's Shiv Editable Map**

Shilyn, he smiles at your comment, and says, "To business then, and profits!

Okay, so you head that way.

Any other conversation can be flex timed in transition.

You make their way to the rich estate of Grand
Councilmember Dremdhet Salhar, and are greeted by
a guard who is expecting them as they reach the
tall, wrought-iron gate. Once you are
inside, a servant tells the group Salhar is not
present, called away on important Council
business, but his most trusted advisor
is available to negotiate any business
they may require. The servant explains
this while leading the group down well decorated
hallways, past expansive rooms.

After a few minutes, the group arrives at
a simple study near the end of a long hallway.
Inside,a tan-skinned old
man sits behind a desk flipping through
pages in a large tome. Scraps of paper
jut from the book marking over two
dozen different places. As the group
approaches the open door, the wise sage silently
gestures you into the study with one thin hand,
while closing the tome with the other after finishing
what he was reading. Once you are all inside the
study, he addresses the group.


Male **Smuggler's Shiv Hex Map** Mad Scientest - Level Absolute **Smuggler's Shiv Editable Map**

“Good day to you, Pathfinders. I am Amenopheus, the Sapphire
Sage, advisor to Master Salhar. I understand you were sent
here to discuss archaeological permissions. Knowing this was
coming, I spoke with Master Salhar at length on the subject
and have this to say.

“Since Osirion was reopened to exploration a decade ago,
adventurers, historians, and treasure-seekers flock to my
country by the hundreds, perhaps thousands. While most
families with ancestral burial vaults maintain guards and keep
their sites out of the hands of casual thieves, not all families
have the wealth or power to restrict everyone, and as we all
know, not every defense is perfectly secure. Unscrupulous
tomb robbers and maligned merchant organizations cause
Osirion to bleed relics into the Inner Sea—something the
descendents of Ancient Osirion cannot afford. We Osiriani
have thousands of years of rich history coursing through our
veins, and while that power has been out of focus in recent
years, we are content to wait, knowing our enemies will wear
themselves down. As they fall into arrogance, folly, or greed,
we wait for our return to power, knowing we bear the riches of
our ancestors at our feet.

“Master Salhar remains impressed by the Pathfinder
Society, orating in their favor a handful of times in front
of Absalom’s Grand Council, in fact. Due to previous
relationships between him and the Society, Master Salhar
has agreed to grant permission to the Pathfinder Society to
explore his family’s vaults below Sothis. The only thing he
requires is that you retrieve the map of the vaults from his
own vault here. The servant will lead you to the basement
and show you the room.”

The Sapphire Sage’s eyes twinkle as he smirks knowingly,
then he turns back to reading his book as though he had
never been disturbed.

Andoran

Human/Fighter - HP: 36/36, - AC: 22/T: 12/FF: 20 - Perception: +9, Init +2 - F: +7 / R: +4/ W: +4 - CMB: +7 - CMD: 19, Speed: 30

Thaddaeus speaks quietly to his companions. Am I missing something? If they have servants here can't one of them just...fetch the map for us and bring it up? I mean, it takes five of us to carry a map? What is it made of?


Male **Smuggler's Shiv Hex Map** Mad Scientest - Level Absolute **Smuggler's Shiv Editable Map**

He doesn't acknowledge you, and a servant waits EXPECTANTLY at the door.

Andoran

Human/Fighter - HP: 36/36, - AC: 22/T: 12/FF: 20 - Perception: +9, Init +2 - F: +7 / R: +4/ W: +4 - CMB: +7 - CMD: 19, Speed: 30

Bander...is this a relative of yours? Thaddaeus turns his attention to the servant. By all means...lead the way!

Qadira

Female Half-Elf HP 26/26 AC 16 CMB +3 CMD 15 Touch 13 Flat 12 (Melee Weapon: +1 Rapier)+6;1d6+2 (Ranged: Short bow) +5;1d6+0 F +2 R +6 W +4 INIT +3 Perc +13 Rogue 3 - Sorc 1

"Geez, that man can ramble," she thinks as they follow the servant down the hall, "Still, there's something amiss here. As Bander would say, we'll be shoveling the stables in no time."

She keeps her eyes and ears open as she follows behind, wondering what's in store for them in the vault.

She moves closer to Bander and says quietly, "I'm not trusting this. Too easy. Salhar gone.. aid in charge.. and he wants us to go in the vault. Plausible deny-ability.. Just thinking.." Her hand falls to rest on her rapier as she walks and with her fingertips, she lifts the hilt slightly to ensure it's riding loose..

Grand Lodge

HP 50/50 AC 19 Touch 13 Flat 17 (scimitar)+3, 1d4 (lt xbow) +5,1d6+0 F +6 R +4 W +8 INIT +5 Perc +11 CMB +3 CMD 15 MP 8/9 gnome cleric(theologian)/5
skills:
skills: Bluff +2, Diplomacy +9, Escape Artist +2, Heal +8, Know religion 5, Know planes +4 Perception +12, Profession (cook) +11, Sense Motive +4, Spellcraft +4, Stealth +3

Lore toddles along with the rest of the party, staying silent until now. hey guys, i'm back from vacation but dont have my computer back from the shop yet, still on the netbook with the cruddy keyboard, I should be posting more often starting tomorrow. "But we get to go into a vault and bring up a map... who knows what it might reveal, and while we won't get to use it or keep it ourselves, isn't it exciting that we might be the first ones to see it in generations for all we know."


Bander raises his one good eyebrow at Thaddaeus’ comment and only responds with a grunt.

As he follows along behind the servant the one eyed man listens closely to Shilyn’s observations. He gives the lithe half-elf a small smile of approval and answers her in a low whisper, “Yeah this whole thing stinks like a bugbear’s butt crack. Keep your eyes open and watch our backs. Hopefully if we keep our wits about us we will see what’s coming before we step right into the pile of crap.”
+

Grand Lodge

HP 50/50 AC 19 Touch 13 Flat 17 (scimitar)+3, 1d4 (lt xbow) +5,1d6+0 F +6 R +4 W +8 INIT +5 Perc +11 CMB +3 CMD 15 MP 8/9 gnome cleric(theologian)/5
skills:
skills: Bluff +2, Diplomacy +9, Escape Artist +2, Heal +8, Know religion 5, Know planes +4 Perception +12, Profession (cook) +11, Sense Motive +4, Spellcraft +4, Stealth +3

"I think you guys are too suspicious. Sometimes thing are just what they seem. On the other hand, you could be right." She giggles softly and shrugs. I hope they're wrong and this is simply what they say it is... but if it really is just 'walk in and get the map', why wouldn't they do it themselves? This could indeed be more than they are saying... She sighs resignedly and continues along with the others.


Male **Smuggler's Shiv Hex Map** Mad Scientest - Level Absolute **Smuggler's Shiv Editable Map**

The servant walks you down the stairs and opens a door for you. He waits for you to walk in.

Andoran

Human/Fighter - HP: 36/36, - AC: 22/T: 12/FF: 20 - Perception: +9, Init +2 - F: +7 / R: +4/ W: +4 - CMB: +7 - CMD: 19, Speed: 30

Confident that the Society wouldn't send a batch of new recruits to see a lunatic intent on locking them in a basement forever, Thaddaeus swaggers into the room.

Qadira

Female Half-Elf HP 26/26 AC 16 CMB +3 CMD 15 Touch 13 Flat 12 (Melee Weapon: +1 Rapier)+6;1d6+2 (Ranged: Short bow) +5;1d6+0 F +2 R +6 W +4 INIT +3 Perc +13 Rogue 3 - Sorc 1

Stepping quickly into the room, she reaches out to tap Thaddeus' arm. "Wait," she says quickly, "Let me go first if you would. I don't trust this." Trying to step in front of him she quickly scans the floor and surroundings looking for anything amiss.

Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (9) + 10 = 19

"Why send a group of strangers into your own vault?" Shilyn's mind races as she lets her eyes carefully play over the floor.


Bander gives Shilyn a quick nod as the young woman slips ahead of Thaddaeus into the room. With a shrug of his shoulders and a small stumble the grizzled man dislodges the large black and grey cat riding like a prince on the top of his backpack. Eli lets out a hiss of annoyance and stalks a few feet away from Bander in disdainful cat pride. Bander takes a step forward and makes as if to try to coax Eli back to him. “Hey ball of mange get back over here.” While he says this Bander also sends emotions through the empathic link of taunting amusement.

Eli’s tail perks up and he immediately forgets his annoyance at being dumped from his throne and joins in this new game. The cat slips a few more feet away from Bander down the hallway, just out of reach, and saunters back and forth rubbing on the walls.

”Damn it cat we ain’t got time for this. You get your flea bitten butt back over here.” Bander glances at the servant with an apologetic look and takes another step towards his cat. Eli lets out a meow and once again slips just out of reach, thoroughly enjoying this new game. ”I’ll be right with y’all once I get this frackin’ excuse for a cat back. I swear one of these days I’m goin’ to skin him a turn him into a damn hat.”

Delaying entering the room until Shilyn can get a good look around.
+

Andoran

Human/Fighter - HP: 36/36, - AC: 22/T: 12/FF: 20 - Perception: +9, Init +2 - F: +7 / R: +4/ W: +4 - CMB: +7 - CMD: 19, Speed: 30

Thaddaeus heeds Shilyn's caution and stands back until she's had an opportunity to have a good look around.

301 to 350 of 545 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Brayden's PFS First Steps: "In Service to Lore" - Group 2 All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.