Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

GM Brayden's PFS First Steps: "In Service to Lore" (Group 2)

Game Master Brayden Green

Pathfinder Society "First Steps." This is the introductory phase to pathfinder society.


201 to 250 of 545 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Male **Smuggler's Shiv Hex Map** Mad Scientest - Level Absolute **Smuggler's Shiv Editable Map**
Lorelendral Teklet wrote:

I really hate splitting a party - usually leads to trouble imo, but, it seems we are already split

"How about I summon the guard, while you and Thadd guard the lady's stash here."

this is a large city - usually there are kids or wandering messengers around who will carry a message for a copper or two, or a silver whatever is normal for the city, I'm assuming I would know that. Lore doesn't plan on running down the guard herself, but sending a runner to find a guard officer and have him come to the house.

Lore heads to the front door to find a runner to send for the guard.

There is a house two down and across the road. I'm estimating that will take a minute and a half to find and relay the message, as it is reasonably close and you will be in a hurry.

You also could ask the boys outside playing marbles...

Andoran

Human/Fighter - HP: 36/36, - AC: 22/T: 12/FF: 20 - Perception: +9, Init +2 - F: +7 / R: +4/ W: +4 - CMB: +7 - CMD: 19, Speed: 30

Thaddaeus chooses to wield his battle axe as opposed to drawing his bow.

Go fetch the guard. I should probably keep an eye on those two.He motions up the stairs. Shilyn will eyes on the safe.

Wow..we've gone from splitting the party into two groups to splitting into three groups. That's typically grounds for a TPK!


Male **Smuggler's Shiv Hex Map** Mad Scientest - Level Absolute **Smuggler's Shiv Editable Map**

One of the cats in the Aunties bedroom brushes up against Shilyn. Make a fortitude save, please. You may also make a perception.

Grand Lodge

HP 50/50 AC 19 Touch 13 Flat 17 (scimitar)+3, 1d4 (lt xbow) +5,1d6+0 F +6 R +4 W +8 INIT +5 Perc +11 CMB +3 CMD 15 MP 9/9 gnome cleric(theologian)/5
skills:
skills: Bluff +2, Diplomacy +9, Escape Artist +2, Heal +8, Know religion 5, Know planes +4 Perception +12, Profession (cook) +11, Sense Motive +4, Spellcraft +4, Stealth +3

Lore stops when she sees the boys playing marbles outside... She smiles as she asks them "I need a fast runner... who wants to earn an easy silver piece?"


Male **Smuggler's Shiv Hex Map** Mad Scientest - Level Absolute **Smuggler's Shiv Editable Map**

They take the message and promise of a silver and run off. This takes you 2 rounds (which will mean that in round 5 you can act again).


Male **Smuggler's Shiv Hex Map** Mad Scientest - Level Absolute **Smuggler's Shiv Editable Map**

Please post actions and intentions in spoiler format, and I will post what happens in phase resolution of each round. That way we don't have a tremendous amount of cross-threading happening. Thanks.

Grand Lodge

HP 9/9 AC 14 CMD +12 Touch 12 Flat 12 (Punch Dagger)+0;1d4+X (Bomb 7/7)) +3;1d6+4 F +3 R +4 W +1 INIT +4 Perc +6 CMB +0 ; M Half-Orc Alchemist (Mindchemist)/1

Ahzrin feels heartened as Bander strides up behind him on the stairs. He would never admit it to anyone, but he was glad to have the former soldier's stolid presence with him after his uncharacteristically impulsive charge upstairs.

"Come now, Auntie! There's no need for all of this foolishness! Let's talk this over, like civilized folk."

Ahzrin has no weapon readied, though he is watchful.

Qadira

Female Half-Elf HP 26/26 AC 16 CMB +3 CMD 15 Touch 13 Flat 12 (Melee Weapon: +1 Rapier)+6;1d6+2 (Ranged: Short bow) +5;1d6+0 F +2 R +6 W +4 INIT +3 Perc +13 Rogue 3 - Sorc 1

DM:

Fort Save: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18
Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (9) + 10 = 19

Feeling something brush her leg, she looks down and notices a cat. "Darned animal, probably hungry," she says quietly to herself and nudges the cat away with her foot.


Upstairs action:
Eli twitches his tail and lets out a small meow as they reach the top of the stairs. Once again he ascends his human like a scratching post and perches himself on Bander’s pack with an alert eye and ear for the action.

By Desna’s secret spot cat, if I didn’t like your scrawny hide so much I swear I’d turn you into a set of fur slippers. Do you really have to do that? If you’d just ask I’d pick you up and put your flea bitten butt up there.

Letting out a sigh of frustration, Bander crosses the short landing to the first doorway and opens the door.
Using second move action to move to door for room 1 and open it.
Perception rolls - Bander: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18
Eli: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13


+


upstairs:
While we are waiting, how about a little internal monologue.

Bander glances over at the brutish Ahzrin. Well it’s me and the half-orc it seems, the two, gods dang it, ugliest faces in the group. If we can’t catch the old lady maybe we can frighten her into submission with our winnin’ looks.


+

Andoran

Human/Fighter - HP: 36/36, - AC: 22/T: 12/FF: 20 - Perception: +9, Init +2 - F: +7 / R: +4/ W: +4 - CMB: +7 - CMD: 19, Speed: 30

Round 3 (when we get there):
Thaddaeus will remove two pieces of chalk from his backpack (move action) and grind them up with the butt end of his battleaxe, scooping up the chalk dust and holding it in his off hand. (standard action)


Male **Smuggler's Shiv Hex Map** Mad Scientest - Level Absolute **Smuggler's Shiv Editable Map**

Round 2:

Shilyn gets rubbed by a cat, and feels kind of weak. Her body fights it off, the cat trots off out of the room and she knows which one it is.

Shilyn holds, I think - unless she wants to move against the cat.

Bander moves to the first room and opens the door. A child says "Auntie! Oh your not.... AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!! HELP! HELP! HE'S GOT A SWORD!!!! HE'S GONNA KILL ME!!!!!"

THadd gets out his axe and runs halfway up the stairs.

Ahz gets on the platform and tells Auntie "Come now, Auntie! There's no need for all of this foolishness! Let's talk this over, like civilized folk."

You hear some more movement and a window slide open.

Lore makes her negotiation with the kids.

End of round 2. Map(s) updated.

Qadira

Female Half-Elf HP 26/26 AC 16 CMB +3 CMD 15 Touch 13 Flat 12 (Melee Weapon: +1 Rapier)+6;1d6+2 (Ranged: Short bow) +5;1d6+0 F +2 R +6 W +4 INIT +3 Perc +13 Rogue 3 - Sorc 1

You're correct.. she's holding position, not having a reason to chase the cat (other than the weird feeling that swept over her.)


Male **Smuggler's Shiv Hex Map** Mad Scientest - Level Absolute **Smuggler's Shiv Editable Map**

Round 3 begins: post in spoiler format. :)

Qadira

Female Half-Elf HP 26/26 AC 16 CMB +3 CMD 15 Touch 13 Flat 12 (Melee Weapon: +1 Rapier)+6;1d6+2 (Ranged: Short bow) +5;1d6+0 F +2 R +6 W +4 INIT +3 Perc +13 Rogue 3 - Sorc 1

[spoiler=Round 3]

On impulse, Shilyn calls out to the others, "Hey! Keep an eye out for a black and white tabby with a torn ear. Something strange about that one!"

She hears a child yelling in alarm from upstairs and gives a soft laugh. "I see that's going well," she says. Keeping her eye on the door, she gives the room a quick scan to see if there's any more cats.

Grand Lodge

HP 9/9 AC 14 CMD +12 Touch 12 Flat 12 (Punch Dagger)+0;1d4+X (Bomb 7/7)) +3;1d6+4 F +3 R +4 W +1 INIT +4 Perc +6 CMB +0 ; M Half-Orc Alchemist (Mindchemist)/1

Haha the screaming child line nearly made me spit my water!

Round 3 Action:

The window we heard open, is it the one at the end of the hallway? I'm going to assume that's the case, if not feel free to edit my post as preferred. My intention here is to throw ink on Auntie if I can see anything I would take as an invisible person's movement.

Ahz moves down the hall towards the opening window. He pulls a vial of ink from his belt pouch and cocks his arm back, readying to throw it at the slightest movement.

Just in case Throw Ink vial 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21


Round 3 upstairs:
Bander cringes as the child begins screaming. “Shut your yapper kid, no one is going to frackin’ hurt you. No just sit here and be quiet while I finish playin’ a little game with Auntie. “

The grizzled man closes the door behind him and begins moving down the hallway. Well that didn’t go so well. Maybe I should put this frackin’ sword away. It’s not like I can even frickin’ use it any longer. With that thought Bander slides his nearly useless blade back into its sheath. Finishing his short walk to the next doorway in the hall the now thoroughly ticked off man opens the door, hoping for something better than some wet bottomed screamer.


+

Qadira

Female Half-Elf HP 26/26 AC 16 CMB +3 CMD 15 Touch 13 Flat 12 (Melee Weapon: +1 Rapier)+6;1d6+2 (Ranged: Short bow) +5;1d6+0 F +2 R +6 W +4 INIT +3 Perc +13 Rogue 3 - Sorc 1

Ugh, forgot the close spoiler tag.. sorry. was rushed at work


Male **Smuggler's Shiv Hex Map** Mad Scientest - Level Absolute **Smuggler's Shiv Editable Map**

Round 3 actions. In the middle of the stairs Thadd gets tow pieces of chalk out and grinds them into powder.

SHilyn calls her stuff out in unspoilerific detail! lol, love it

Ahz moves to the room next to bander and opens the door. It is an empty room, with no open window. "Anything in there? Besides the child screaming bloody murder, I mean?"

No, the window at the end of the hallway has not been opened.

Bander cringes as the child begins screaming. “Shut your yapper kid, no one is going to frackin’ hurt you. No just sit here and be quiet while I finish playin’ a little game with Auntie. “

The grizzled man closes the door behind him and begins moving down the hallway. Well that didn’t go so well. Maybe I should put this frackin’ sword away. It’s not like I can even frickin’ use it any longer. With that thought Bander slides his nearly useless blade back into its sheath. Finishing his short walk to the next doorway in the hall the now thoroughly ticked off man opens the door, hoping for something better than some wet bottomed screamer.

Bander moves toward door 3.

Lore finishes repeating the message to the kids and wants them to repeat it back to her.

End of round 3. Maps are updated with current position.

Grand Lodge

HP 9/9 AC 14 CMD +12 Touch 12 Flat 12 (Punch Dagger)+0;1d4+X (Bomb 7/7)) +3;1d6+4 F +3 R +4 W +1 INIT +4 Perc +6 CMB +0 ; M Half-Orc Alchemist (Mindchemist)/1

Round 4 Action:

Ahz moves to the next door down the line, begins to open the door and thinks better of it. It may be best not to traumatize any more of the poor children here... He thinks. He continues down the hall toward the window, intending to peer out.

Andoran

Human/Fighter - HP: 36/36, - AC: 22/T: 12/FF: 20 - Perception: +9, Init +2 - F: +7 / R: +4/ W: +4 - CMB: +7 - CMD: 19, Speed: 30

Round 4 Action:
Thinking better of cutting poor Auntie in half Thadd returns his axe to its holster and prepares to throw the chalkdust at her should he somehow be able to sense where she might be.

Perception 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10

Qadira

Female Half-Elf HP 26/26 AC 16 CMB +3 CMD 15 Touch 13 Flat 12 (Melee Weapon: +1 Rapier)+6;1d6+2 (Ranged: Short bow) +5;1d6+0 F +2 R +6 W +4 INIT +3 Perc +13 Rogue 3 - Sorc 1

Round 4:

Hearing the men upstairs, Shi takes the few steps toward the door and swings it closed. "There.. If Auntie wants to get to her coin, she'll have to open it first and give herself away. Plus.. no cats."


Male **Smuggler's Shiv Hex Map** Mad Scientest - Level Absolute **Smuggler's Shiv Editable Map**

Round 4 actions:

Ahz moves to the next door down the line, begins to open the door and thinks better of it. It may be best not to traumatize any more of the poor children here... He thinks. He continues down the hall toward the window, intending to peer out.

Thinking better of cutting poor Auntie in half Thadd returns his axe to its holster and prepares to throw the chalkdust at her should he somehow be able to sense where she might be.

Perception 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10

Hearing the men upstairs, Shi takes the few steps toward the door and swings it closed. "There.. If Auntie wants to get to her coin, she'll have to open it first and give herself away. Plus.. no cats."

The boys repeat the message back to Lore and take off. you are free to jump in at any time

Shilyn:
You hear some mutterings through the window. You look to see the old lady muttering at you and waving her hands. yes, she opened a window on the second floor, jumped out, and walked around

Fort Save DC 14 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12

And... you fall asleep. Now, let's see. Does Auntie want revenge, or her gold? ;) Awfully tempting. With the door shut and all. :)

Everyone needs to make a perception check. Round 5 starts. Post in spoiler fashion.

Grand Lodge

HP 50/50 AC 19 Touch 13 Flat 17 (scimitar)+3, 1d4 (lt xbow) +5,1d6+0 F +6 R +4 W +8 INIT +5 Perc +11 CMB +3 CMD 15 MP 9/9 gnome cleric(theologian)/5
skills:
skills: Bluff +2, Diplomacy +9, Escape Artist +2, Heal +8, Know religion 5, Know planes +4 Perception +12, Profession (cook) +11, Sense Motive +4, Spellcraft +4, Stealth +3

Lore's action:
Lore returns to the house and goes back to join Shi as she promised to do when leaving.

Does she spot the old lady through the window as she enters the room? 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (11) + 10 = 21

Andoran

Human/Fighter - HP: 36/36, - AC: 22/T: 12/FF: 20 - Perception: +9, Init +2 - F: +7 / R: +4/ W: +4 - CMB: +7 - CMD: 19, Speed: 30

Round 5:
With a handful of chalk dust and a pocketful of dreams, Thadd waits for invisible Auntie to make her move.

This is not what I signed up for.

Perception 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13

Qadira

Female Half-Elf HP 26/26 AC 16 CMB +3 CMD 15 Touch 13 Flat 12 (Melee Weapon: +1 Rapier)+6;1d6+2 (Ranged: Short bow) +5;1d6+0 F +2 R +6 W +4 INIT +3 Perc +13 Rogue 3 - Sorc 1

round 5:

Hearing a noise behind her, Shilyn turn to see Aunti standing at the window muttering and waving her hand. "Sneaky little.." she thinks before collapsing to the floor with a thud.[/i]

Percecption: Zzzzzzz

Curses! human blood thinned out my Elven sleep immunity. :)ZZzzz

Grand Lodge

HP 9/9 AC 14 CMD +12 Touch 12 Flat 12 (Punch Dagger)+0;1d4+X (Bomb 7/7)) +3;1d6+4 F +3 R +4 W +1 INIT +4 Perc +6 CMB +0 ; M Half-Orc Alchemist (Mindchemist)/1

Spoiler:
Ahzrin moves to the window and looks out, looking for any signs of Auntie.

Perception 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25


Round 5 and 4??:
Sorry rough day at work and had no time to post. I didn’t get an action last round. If I had, my plan was now that Thad was coming up the stairs to go back down to join Shilyn. Bander would not feel comfortable leaving the young woman alone downstairs. GM, not sure how you want to handle this. I will write two different posts one assuming Bander did head down stairs last round and one assuming I just stood upstairs drooling last round and he has to head down this round.

Post 1: Round 4 action Bander looks round the hallway and the many doors and continues to get frustrasted with the game of hide and seek with Auntie. Damn it this is just a dead end up here. I’m startin’ to think Shy was right and there is no way the old lady is goin’ run off without her fracking gold. Hearing Thaddaeus ascending the stairs, the bald headed man lets out an aggravated grunt, spins on his heels and makes his way back down the stairs. Double move action to get all the way down stairs.

Round 5 Action: Bander’s one eye brow raises at the sight of Auntie’s bedroom door closed. Well there’s a smart girl. It appears like Shy has a bit of common sense to go with her good looks. He pulls the door open… Move action to open the door. If Bander sees any sign of the Old woman he will use His sleep hex (Will Save DC 14) on Auntie (standard action). If he does not see Auntie but sees Shy lying on the floor then he will enter the room and shut the door behind him and be very much on guard (move action).

Post2: Round 5 Action if Bander just stood drooling last round Bander looks round the hallway and the many doors and continues to get frustrasted with the game of hide and seek with Auntie. Damn it this is just a dead end up here. I’m startin’ to think Shy was right and there is no way the old lady is goin’ run off without her fracking gold. Hearing Thaddaeus ascending the stairs, the bald headed man lets out an aggravated grunt, spins on his heels and makes his way back down the stairs. Double move action to get all the way down stairs.

Either way: Perception Checks: Bander- 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18
Eli – 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15


+


Male **Smuggler's Shiv Hex Map** Mad Scientest - Level Absolute **Smuggler's Shiv Editable Map**

How does everyone know where the old lady is, and that Shilyn is/was sleeping? Are you reading spoilers not for yourselves?

Lore goes back inside and opens the door to Aunties bedroom.

With a handful of chalk dust and a pocketful of dreams, Thadd waits for invisible Auntie to make her move. This is not what I signed up for.

Shilyn turns around and sees the old lady muttering and waiving curses at her innefectively through the window. "She's here! She's downstairs!"

Ahz sees Auntie through the window as she casts, downstairs.

round 4 action Bander looks round the hallway and the many doors and continues to get frustrasted with the game of hide and seek with Auntie. Damn it this is just a dead end up here. I’m startin’ to think Shy was right and there is no way the old lady is goin’ run off without her fracking gold. Hearing Thaddaeus ascending the stairs, the bald headed man lets out an aggravated grunt, spins on his heels and makes his way back down the stairs. Double move action to get all the way down stairs.

Round 5 Action: Bander’s one eye brow raises at the sight of Auntie’s bedroom door closed. Well there’s a smart girl. It appears like Shy has a bit of common sense to go with her good looks. He pulls the door open… Move action to open the door. If Bander sees any sign of the Old woman he will use His sleep hex (Will Save DC 14) on Auntie (standard action). If he does not see Auntie but sees Shy lying on the floor then he will enter the room and shut the door behind him and be very much on guard (move action).

Aunties Will save:1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19 She turns and starts running away.


Male **Smuggler's Shiv Hex Map** Mad Scientest - Level Absolute **Smuggler's Shiv Editable Map**

she is 60' away. Does anyone want to pursue, or should we drop INIT count?

Andoran

Human/Fighter - HP: 36/36, - AC: 22/T: 12/FF: 20 - Perception: +9, Init +2 - F: +7 / R: +4/ W: +4 - CMB: +7 - CMD: 19, Speed: 30
Brayden Green wrote:
How does everyone know where the old lady is, and that Shilyn is/was sleeping? Are you reading spoilers not for yourselves?

I'm standing in a stairwell with a handful of chalkdust. All I know is that Auntie is invisible (as I saw her drink the potion and disappear) and that she's upstairs somewhere (because I heard her footsteps.)

Let her go...if the Crusade decides to investigate this matter further I'm sure they'll send a group better suited for pursuit than we are. Let's head back and tell Ollysta what we've discovered. We can probably omit some of the more... embarrassing details.

Thadd finds a piece of paper and fold his chalkdust inside of it; then folds another piece of paper around that for safe measure.

Grand Lodge

HP 9/9 AC 14 CMD +12 Touch 12 Flat 12 (Punch Dagger)+0;1d4+X (Bomb 7/7)) +3;1d6+4 F +3 R +4 W +1 INIT +4 Perc +6 CMB +0 ; M Half-Orc Alchemist (Mindchemist)/1

Action:
Ahzrin sees the older woman running down the street, making surprisingly good time for a woman of her age. He hangs his head and begins to trudge towards the stairs, knowing he'll never catch her. "She's escaped, and she's casting spells!" he yells down the stairs. "Call the Guard!!"

I, as a player, really want to chase this creature who seems insanely spry for an old woman (leaping out of windows, casting spells, etc). But there is no way Ahz would be game for a footrace through town.

Qadira

Female Half-Elf HP 26/26 AC 16 CMB +3 CMD 15 Touch 13 Flat 12 (Melee Weapon: +1 Rapier)+6;1d6+2 (Ranged: Short bow) +5;1d6+0 F +2 R +6 W +4 INIT +3 Perc +13 Rogue 3 - Sorc 1

round 6:

A bit confused. Was the sleep spell effective? You mentioned Shilyn being on the floor. (makes for a better story, so I'll play it that way first, but give you both options)

If effective: Shilyn lays there, where she collapsed, quietly sleeping..

If unaffected: Raising an eyebrow at the old lady's gesturing mutterings, she heads toward the window to see Auntie running off. Hearing Thaddeus' command to let her go, she simply leans out the window and watches Auntie's retreating form.

She turns when she hears the door open and shrugs. "She's gone. Gold's still in the cabinet.. untouched."


Male **Smuggler's Shiv Hex Map** Mad Scientest - Level Absolute **Smuggler's Shiv Editable Map**

Hey, she took 4 points of nonlethal damage!

So she goes out and we are out of INIT count. You wait around for a few mins for the guards to get there, and describe in detail what happened, where, why, how, all that good stuff.

You head back to Ollysta and make your report, and describe in great detail what was going on. With a concerned look she thanks each of you, and says that you would all make great members of the silver crusade, and you are welcome back anytime.

You each get 68 gold !!!

Andoran

Human/Fighter - HP: 36/36, - AC: 22/T: 12/FF: 20 - Perception: +9, Init +2 - F: +7 / R: +4/ W: +4 - CMB: +7 - CMD: 19, Speed: 30

Much obliged Ollysta...we do apologie for the loose ends but I fear we were beginning to overstep what we were authorized to accomplish.

Qadira

Female Half-Elf HP 26/26 AC 16 CMB +3 CMD 15 Touch 13 Flat 12 (Melee Weapon: +1 Rapier)+6;1d6+2 (Ranged: Short bow) +5;1d6+0 F +2 R +6 W +4 INIT +3 Perc +13 Rogue 3 - Sorc 1

Sticking to the back of the others, Shilyn remains quiet as once again, the Paladin's presence causes a bit of unrest. "Well, I was a good girl and didn't even skim some of that gold. I must be loosing my touch.. or maybe I was just afraid Miss Good-Two-Boots would sense it," she thinks quietly while biting her lower lip in silence.

Reaching up to brush a loose bit of hair from her face, she looks at the others and asks, "Well.. what's next on our list of errands?"

Andoran

Human/Fighter - HP: 36/36, - AC: 22/T: 12/FF: 20 - Perception: +9, Init +2 - F: +7 / R: +4/ W: +4 - CMB: +7 - CMD: 19, Speed: 30

Well Shilyn I understand a few of us were quite excited about some rare books...shall we head to the Docks then?

Grand Lodge

HP 50/50 AC 19 Touch 13 Flat 17 (scimitar)+3, 1d4 (lt xbow) +5,1d6+0 F +6 R +4 W +8 INIT +5 Perc +11 CMB +3 CMD 15 MP 9/9 gnome cleric(theologian)/5
skills:
skills: Bluff +2, Diplomacy +9, Escape Artist +2, Heal +8, Know religion 5, Know planes +4 Perception +12, Profession (cook) +11, Sense Motive +4, Spellcraft +4, Stealth +3

Lore pockets her newfound gold pieces and winks at Shilyn. "Maybe not as much as you would have gotten from Auntie's stash, but at least well-earned."

"I guess books it is... can we do the vaults next after that? That sounds really interesting, too."


Bander grunts in assent with the plan the others are drawing up and then mumbles under his breath, “Great, first snot nosed kids and now a bunch of dusty old books. What’s after that? Maybe the way this is going we can just volunteer to muck out a stable or bare handed empty out an outhouse. This is just bloody great fun.”

While his human is busy grumbling and belly aching, Eli hops down from Bander's pack and walks over to Lore. Giving the gnome's leg a very firm rub with his head, Eli begins to purr loudly and all but beg for some attention.
+

Grand Lodge

HP 50/50 AC 19 Touch 13 Flat 17 (scimitar)+3, 1d4 (lt xbow) +5,1d6+0 F +6 R +4 W +8 INIT +5 Perc +11 CMB +3 CMD 15 MP 9/9 gnome cleric(theologian)/5
skills:
skills: Bluff +2, Diplomacy +9, Escape Artist +2, Heal +8, Know religion 5, Know planes +4 Perception +12, Profession (cook) +11, Sense Motive +4, Spellcraft +4, Stealth +3

"Now now, this isn't THAT bad. Rare books are fascinating things. And then picking up something to return it to the Society vaults sounds interesting. It could be ANYthing... and meeting the Paracountess! Sounds like a need for some diplomacy which I have some small skill at. I hope she wants to return the item. Oooh I didn't think of that... what if she doesn't want to? Oh well, not to worry about it til we come to that... rare books first! Lore rambles on a bit about their upcoming tasks before growing silent again as she contemplates what meeting the Paracountess might be like.

Qadira

Female Half-Elf HP 26/26 AC 16 CMB +3 CMD 15 Touch 13 Flat 12 (Melee Weapon: +1 Rapier)+6;1d6+2 (Ranged: Short bow) +5;1d6+0 F +2 R +6 W +4 INIT +3 Perc +13 Rogue 3 - Sorc 1

Looking at Lore, Shilyn simply furrows her brow and grunts. "Hmph. Would have rather had a bit o' that drawer eh? C'mon, you know you wanted some too." She gives the smaller woman a grin. "Honest, it'd have been fun.. and rewarding." Shrugging her shoulders with a sigh, she falls silent a moment.

Hearing Bander's rantings, she can't help but let out a chuckle. "Oh Bander, you know you liked those kids. I mean, anyone carrying a cat around with him can't be all that gruff., she tells him teasingly. "Besides, don't give them ideas.. you know how long it takes to get the smell of horse manure out of my clothing?" Throwing a wink at the old soldier, she grins and turns back to listening to the others.


Male **Smuggler's Shiv Hex Map** Mad Scientest - Level Absolute **Smuggler's Shiv Editable Map**

p.s. the "everyone gets" gold is different from "you find... (party gold, party loot) etc.

The way PFS works, is that you find a bunch of stuff, gold, etc at the end you sell it for half, and then you split all the gold you found, and gold gained from selling, "x" amount of ways. "Everyone gets" gold is people personally handing you gold which doesn't go into the party share.

On a related note, you have to buy anything that you want to "keep" and "carry over" to the next session.


Male **Smuggler's Shiv Hex Map** Mad Scientest - Level Absolute **Smuggler's Shiv Editable Map**

I need a sense motive from everyone.

Grand Lodge

HP 50/50 AC 19 Touch 13 Flat 17 (scimitar)+3, 1d4 (lt xbow) +5,1d6+0 F +6 R +4 W +8 INIT +5 Perc +11 CMB +3 CMD 15 MP 9/9 gnome cleric(theologian)/5
skills:
skills: Bluff +2, Diplomacy +9, Escape Artist +2, Heal +8, Know religion 5, Know planes +4 Perception +12, Profession (cook) +11, Sense Motive +4, Spellcraft +4, Stealth +3

sense motive 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

stopping at starbucks on our drive so i actually get to check in mid-day today.... here's my roll, which apparently I could have skipped.... bah humbug... hope someone rolls better! like how could they not! See you all later tonight after we check into our hotel

Andoran

Human/Fighter - HP: 36/36, - AC: 22/T: 12/FF: 20 - Perception: +9, Init +2 - F: +7 / R: +4/ W: +4 - CMB: +7 - CMD: 19, Speed: 30

Sense Motive: 1d20 ⇒ 17

Grand Lodge

HP 9/9 AC 14 CMD +12 Touch 12 Flat 12 (Punch Dagger)+0;1d4+X (Bomb 7/7)) +3;1d6+4 F +3 R +4 W +1 INIT +4 Perc +6 CMB +0 ; M Half-Orc Alchemist (Mindchemist)/1

Ahzrin totally misses the sarcasm in Bander's mutter. "Dusty old books indeed! I'm glad you're excited as well! Though, I fail to see how cleaning refuse from a stable could be enjoyable..."

Sense Motive - 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9


Sense Motive Roll - 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9
+

Qadira

Female Half-Elf HP 26/26 AC 16 CMB +3 CMD 15 Touch 13 Flat 12 (Melee Weapon: +1 Rapier)+6;1d6+2 (Ranged: Short bow) +5;1d6+0 F +2 R +6 W +4 INIT +3 Perc +13 Rogue 3 - Sorc 1

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15


Male **Smuggler's Shiv Hex Map** Mad Scientest - Level Absolute **Smuggler's Shiv Editable Map**

Everyone that scores over an 8, feels like they are being watched, and Lore notices that you all suddenly look around.


Male **Smuggler's Shiv Hex Map** Mad Scientest - Level Absolute **Smuggler's Shiv Editable Map**

You all get into the cab, once again sitting laps, and head to the The
Pickled Imp—in the seedy, harborside Docks district.

This creepy shop contains myriad odds and ends, most bereft
of any discernible use. A number of malformed creatures and
creature parts bob in jars on a long, prominent shelf, a tiny
fetal devil centered in this macabre lineup. The shopkeeper,
a greasy-haired Varisian with a thin mustache, shouts from
behind the cluttered counter:

“Ah yes, I see the Pathfinders have arrived. I’m glad Ambrus
was able to lend a few of his new recruits to help me. Please
come in and let me tell you what I need.”

Looking around as if to be absolutely certain no customers
are browsing the aisles of knock-off Thuvian burial urns or supposed Azlanti porcelain, he begins again.
“Well met. I am Guaril Karela. A friend of mine has a
warehouse near here and he received a parcel on behalf of
me and some of my associates, but there’s a problem. See,
Master Gelbane had to leave town in a hurry and
our shipment is still waiting at his warehouse.
Rumor is he ended up in trouble with the law
and the place was seized. I heard tell from
someone down at the docks that some creep
was snooping around his warehouse just the
other night, so I want to make sure nothing
of mine was taken. He keeps all kinds of things,
from beer to nails, in that old pelican, but every
now and then he stores something really special.
This is one of those cases.

“There’s a big crate marked with three
crows arranged in a triangle. Inside that
crate is a smaller container with a few
books and papers in it. That’s the only parcel
I’m interested in, and as far as I’m concerned,
you can help yourself to the rest of the crate.
Honestly, anything else you want in the place
too. I’m sure the once things get sorted out, the city will
seize most everything else anyway.
“My associates and I often work with the Pathfinders when
it comes to special relics and documents, getting them in
and out of ports and across borders where the authorities
ask too many questions. Most people don’t realize what they
have and frankly many don’t deserve to have it, so sometimes
we help take the goods off their hands. If things work out well
and you get this done, I’d be glad to talk with you more and
help you out with any future endeavors, as long as you help
me out too. I’m good at returning favors, trust me.”

201 to 250 of 545 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Brayden's PFS First Steps: "In Service to Lore" - Group 2 All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.