Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

GM Brayden's PFS First Steps: "In Service to Lore" (Group 2)

Game Master Brayden Green

Pathfinder Society "First Steps." This is the introductory phase to pathfinder society.


101 to 150 of 545 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Male **Smuggler's Shiv Hex Map** Mad Scientest - Level Absolute **Smuggler's Shiv Editable Map**
Lorelendral Teklet wrote:
Seeing that no one else seems to be drinking, Lore at least takes a small sip, then sets her cup down as well. Oh yes, let's do tour the place. What's wrong with the children here? I hear some sniffling and coughing from upstairs... is it all just colds and the like or are there worse afflictions among them? I am a healer, so perhaps I could help if any are hurt in any way. I wonder how many of them are just allergic to cats... Lore pauses a moment, to give Auntie a chance to answer her questions before she starts asking more...

"The children come with all sorts of maladies. MOst of the time it is just the common cold. A little pinch of this medicine and that, and some love and a good pirate story or two, and they are right as rain!"

Grand Lodge

HP 28/28 AC 19 Touch 13 Flat 17 (scimitar)+3, 1d4 (lt xbow) +5,1d6+0 F +6 R +4 W +7 INIT +2 Perc +11 CMB +3 CMD 15 ; F gnome cleric(theologian)/4

"Well, good to know they aren't seriously ill, but let's take that tour and see the children. We'll take care not to disturb them or do anything to make their illnesses worse."

Qadira

Female Half-Elf HP 26/26 AC 16 CMB +3 CMD 15 Touch 13 Flat 12 (Melee Weapon: +1 Rapier)+6;1d6+2 (Ranged: Short bow) +5;1d6+0 F +2 R +6 W +4 INIT +3 Perc +13 Rogue 3 - Sorc 1

Smiling at the two men, Shilyn turns to Lore and says, "Shall we go help Auntie with the children. I'm sure the two gentlemen will be happy to keep an eye on things while we're gone."

Throwing a quick wink over her shoulder at her two companions, Shi picks up her tea in her left hand and offers her right arm to Auntie. "Lead the way. Lore and I will help you tend the children. I've heard of your pirate stories and I am so interested in hearing one."


Male **Smuggler's Shiv Hex Map** Mad Scientest - Level Absolute **Smuggler's Shiv Editable Map**
Lorelendral Teklet wrote:
"Well, good to know they aren't seriously ill, but let's take that tour and see the children. We'll take care not to disturb them or do anything to make their illnesses worse."

That would be much appreciated. Most here are on the mend, or fully recovered so that shouldn't be too much trouble.

Shilyn wrote:

Smiling at the two men, Shilyn turns to Lore and says, "Shall we go help Auntie with the children. I'm sure the two gentlemen will be happy to keep an eye on things while we're gone."

Throwing a quick wink over her shoulder at her two companions, Shi picks up her tea in her left hand and offers her right arm to Auntie. "Lead the way. Lore and I will help you tend the children. I've heard of your pirate stories and I am so interested in hearing one."

I don't need any help "tending" the children, and I have no intention of leaving the children alone, even less with a giant half orc! Either we ALL go, or we ALL stay here. I don't trust strangers, especially those of your strange mix! You can take my generous offer, or you can leave my house! Or, we can bring in the authorities!

Sense motive DC 13:

Bluff 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13 - She doesn't seem keen to call the police, but she does happen to be very nervous, and doesn't intend on letting you all split off to question the children.

That doesn't mean that you *can't* split off, you just got to do it without her noticing.

She seems pretty tense, and is reaching "fight or flight" mode.

Andoran

Human/Fighter - HP: 25/25, - AC: 19/T: 12/FF: 17 - Perception: +8 - F: +5 / R: +4/ W: +4 - CMB: +6 - CMD: 18, Speed: 20

Auntie, Auntie. You misunderstand our intentions. It just so happens that Shilyn and Lore are excellent with children and enjoy their company; I daresay their offer to help you tend to them was more for their benefit than for yours!

As for the rest of us...I'm sure you wouldn't have called for aid from an organization you did not trust. However this is your home, and if you'd prefer we not stay behind then we'll be happy to accompany you on the tour.

Diplomacy...trying to smooth things over. 1d20 ⇒ 10

Grand Lodge

HP 28/28 AC 19 Touch 13 Flat 17 (scimitar)+3, 1d4 (lt xbow) +5,1d6+0 F +6 R +4 W +7 INIT +2 Perc +11 CMB +3 CMD 15 ; F gnome cleric(theologian)/4

sense motive 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16

"What's wrong, Auntie. I don't think you really want to summon the authorities here... so why don't you be honest with us. Something isn't quite right here and it's best you be straight with us or this could be your last shipment of medicine. Now no one wants to see these children lose their Auntie or their haven here. If there's some trouble here, best tell us the truth now."

Grand Lodge

HP 28/28 AC 19 Touch 13 Flat 17 (scimitar)+3, 1d4 (lt xbow) +5,1d6+0 F +6 R +4 W +7 INIT +2 Perc +11 CMB +3 CMD 15 ; F gnome cleric(theologian)/4

diplomacy 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23

Grand Lodge

HP 28/28 AC 19 Touch 13 Flat 17 (scimitar)+3, 1d4 (lt xbow) +5,1d6+0 F +6 R +4 W +7 INIT +2 Perc +11 CMB +3 CMD 15 ; F gnome cleric(theologian)/4

or intimidate if it's more appropriate 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12


Bander has sat quietly through the last few minutes of back and forth dialogue as his fellow pathfinders have tried to wheedle their way into the old woman’s confidence. Finally he decides he has heard enough and lets a loud snort of annoyance. “Listen lady, I don’t think you grasp the reality of your situation here. I’m a man that likes plain speakin’ and so I’m goin’ lay it out for you straight. We came here from the Pathfinder Society with a free gift of medicine. We have also been tasked with askin’ questions of you and your patients, seein’ your whole establishment and to report back whether or not, in our opinions, you and establishment here are deservin’ of further aid.” Bander pauses and gives Auntie a good solid stare. “Now I’m all for helpin’ the kids and so I’d dearly like to give you a good recommendation, but I can’t be doin’ that if I ain’t getting’ the answers I need and seein’ the place from top to bottom. Seems to me we got two choices in front of us. One,” Bander raise one thick finger into the air, “all of us here pathfinders can simply get up, walk out your door, and tell our masters that you don’t deserve further aid since you wouldn’t cooperate to the fullest. Or two,” Bander slowly raises a second finger into the air, “you answer our questions as best you can, let us talk to a few of your patients and then we can give your nice home here a good looking over and we go back and report that you are a very nice woman helpin’ the kids who needs all the aid we can give you. Seems simple to me and it’s your choice.” At this Bander simply sits back and for all the world looks as if he could care very little which way Auntie decides to proceed.
+

Grand Lodge

HP 28/28 AC 19 Touch 13 Flat 17 (scimitar)+3, 1d4 (lt xbow) +5,1d6+0 F +6 R +4 W +7 INIT +2 Perc +11 CMB +3 CMD 15 ; F gnome cleric(theologian)/4

Lore reaches over and pats Bander on the hand as if to say 'well said' and then looks to Auntie for her reaction.


Male **Smuggler's Shiv Hex Map** Mad Scientest - Level Absolute **Smuggler's Shiv Editable Map**

Option two is the one I *want* to take. I have said nothing of not letting you speak to the children. I do not want to leave other people's children unsupervised in the presence of strangers.

Those that do not wish to accompany us, would be so kind as to wait outside. I have every intention of showing you all of the house, and letting you talk to as many children as you would like to, but under my supervision of course. Would you think me a good steward if I let strangers run around the house not knowing who they are? Of course not. These are my terms. Anyone that wishes to observe the house may do so with me, in the "tour" as you call it. You may ask me any questions that you like.

Which of you accepts, and which of you would like to wait outside?


Male **Smuggler's Shiv Hex Map** Mad Scientest - Level Absolute **Smuggler's Shiv Editable Map**

She seems less agitated now, with your assuring words.

Grand Lodge

HP 28/28 AC 19 Touch 13 Flat 17 (scimitar)+3, 1d4 (lt xbow) +5,1d6+0 F +6 R +4 W +7 INIT +2 Perc +11 CMB +3 CMD 15 ; F gnome cleric(theologian)/4

"I will take the tour Auntie." She still watches Auntie carefully for her reaction to this ultimatum from Bander.

sense motive 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15

Lore looks to the others for their choices... tour or wait outside? What will they choose? Really we should stay together, but I understand if they don't want to.


Bander nods and a satisfied smile momentarily creeps over his face and then is gone once Auntie makes her choice. "I can respect wantin' to be a good steward and bein' careful of the duty you have taken up. Unless my friends have questions for you now I know I'd perfer to start the tour and we can ask our questions as we go."
+

Qadira

Female Half-Elf HP 26/26 AC 16 CMB +3 CMD 15 Touch 13 Flat 12 (Melee Weapon: +1 Rapier)+6;1d6+2 (Ranged: Short bow) +5;1d6+0 F +2 R +6 W +4 INIT +3 Perc +13 Rogue 3 - Sorc 1

"I can say that the kids I've spoken to think highly of you," Shilyn chimes in softly, patting the older woman's arm. "They like your stories and your magic soup because it makes them feel better."

Turning to the others she says, "Ready to tour the house when you are."


Male **Smuggler's Shiv Hex Map** Mad Scientest - Level Absolute **Smuggler's Shiv Editable Map**

Ahzrin says: "It is clear that my presence in this house disturbs you. I shall wait outside for my companions to determine your worthiness."

Perchance I can be of some good away from the group he thinks.

Andoran

Human/Fighter - HP: 25/25, - AC: 19/T: 12/FF: 17 - Perception: +8 - F: +5 / R: +4/ W: +4 - CMB: +6 - CMD: 18, Speed: 20

Thaddaeus nods to Ahzrin. I think I may wait with my friend outside. Thadd raises and lowers his hand in front of him to draw attention to his armor. Oftentimes children are fascinated by my armor and weapons...but sometimes it can scare them.

I'm glad we met Auntie. Thank you for your service to the community. He offers Auntie a deep bow before leaving the house. When he's confident he's out of earshot he speaks softly to Ahzrin.

Maybe we'll have better luck gathering information about Auntie from her neighbors.

Grand Lodge

HP 9/9 AC 14 CMD +12 Touch 12 Flat 12 (Punch Dagger)+0;1d4+X (Bomb 7/7)) +3;1d6+4 F +3 R +4 W +1 INIT +4 Perc +6 CMB +0 ; M Half-Orc Alchemist (Mindchemist)/1

Ahzrin gladly takes his leave. The cavalcade of cats was beginning to make his nose tickle.

"I think that idea makes good sense, my friend." He replies, then peers around. "I wonder if that scurrilous fellow we saw earlier is still loitering..."

Perception - 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17


Male **Smuggler's Shiv Hex Map** Mad Scientest - Level Absolute **Smuggler's Shiv Editable Map**

So "Auntie" takes group 1 through a tour to the kitchen.

This is the kitchen. We keep the food locked up so that the children don't get to it and fill their little tummies, she says pointing to the cabinets.

sense motive DC 16:

Is that a trickle of sweat that she just wiped away when mentioning the cabinets being locked. Maybe her hand trembled a little bit too...

Bluff 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16

Grand Lodge

HP 28/28 AC 19 Touch 13 Flat 17 (scimitar)+3, 1d4 (lt xbow) +5,1d6+0 F +6 R +4 W +7 INIT +2 Perc +11 CMB +3 CMD 15 ; F gnome cleric(theologian)/4

sense motive 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18

Lore looks at Auntie curiously and asks "Why wouldn't you want the children to fill their tummies? They are growing children. Let's open them up and take a look right now at least. No children here to worry about." She walks over to a random cabinet and motions for Auntie to unlock it with a gentle smile on her face the entire time. She is trying to keep Auntie cooperative and be firm at the same time.

diplomacy 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26

Andoran

Human/Fighter - HP: 25/25, - AC: 19/T: 12/FF: 17 - Perception: +8 - F: +5 / R: +4/ W: +4 - CMB: +6 - CMD: 18, Speed: 20

Thaddaeus scans the area for any neighbors on the street or any nearby businesses.

Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

Qadira

Female Half-Elf HP 26/26 AC 16 CMB +3 CMD 15 Touch 13 Flat 12 (Melee Weapon: +1 Rapier)+6;1d6+2 (Ranged: Short bow) +5;1d6+0 F +2 R +6 W +4 INIT +3 Perc +13 Rogue 3 - Sorc 1

Shilyn gives a warm smile and says, "Why Lore, maybe Auntie doesn't want the children to sneak in and eat between meals so that there wouldn't be enough for the others." Tapping her finger against her lip, she continues, "While that may be a good thing in the long run, locked doors do tend to draw rats and such. We should check methinks. Just to be on the safe side eh?"

Giving a wink to the smaller woman, "After all.. I've heard said that rats spread sickness.. don't they? Since the door is locked, your mousers can't keep them away.. right?"

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12


Bander follows along behind the women with his arms crossed over his chest and a definitely firm look in his one good eye. While the ladies attempt to be friendly yet firm with Auntie, the ex-soldier simply goes for unyielding with a bit of judgment mixed in.

Eli also follows along weaving in and out of the legs of all these humans, his black and grey stripped flanks regularly brushing them. His nose and ears are alert for anything out of the ordinary and also the chance for a quick romp with a female feline friend.

Sense Motive Bander: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16
Perception Eli: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15

At Auntie's seeming nervousness Bander's right eyebrow rises up and the firm look in his eye hards even more.
+


Male **Smuggler's Shiv Hex Map** Mad Scientest - Level Absolute **Smuggler's Shiv Editable Map**
Thaddaeus Hawke wrote:

Thaddaeus scans the area for any neighbors on the street or any nearby businesses.

Perception: 1d20+2

They are there, you are in a neighborhood, essentially.

IF you want to interact with neighboors, that is fine. Let's do it in spoiler fashion so that we don't have a lot of crosstalk on the thread


Male **Smuggler's Shiv Hex Map** Mad Scientest - Level Absolute **Smuggler's Shiv Editable Map**

She unlocks one... food.

The other... food.

The other... food.

Well now, if you are satisfied, we can move on...

There is a top cabinet that remains unlocked...

bluff 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27

She moves on, continuing down the hallway...

It is quite obvious that there is an upper cabinet locked and unopened to all of you. She is beckoning you to come with her to the other room.

Andoran

Human/Fighter - HP: 25/25, - AC: 19/T: 12/FF: 17 - Perception: +8 - F: +5 / R: +4/ W: +4 - CMB: +6 - CMD: 18, Speed: 20

Thaddaeus will approach the nearest adult neighbor.

Spoiler:
Pardon me...I was wondering if you could tell me anything about the woman who lives here.

Diplomacy 1d20 ⇒ 5

Grand Lodge

HP 28/28 AC 19 Touch 13 Flat 17 (scimitar)+3, 1d4 (lt xbow) +5,1d6+0 F +6 R +4 W +7 INIT +2 Perc +11 CMB +3 CMD 15 ; F gnome cleric(theologian)/4

"Wait, Auntie, you missed one." Lore hangs back pointing up at the cabinet she can't reach. "Is there some reason you don't want to open this one for us?" Now her gnomish curiosity is getting the better of her, rather than suspicion. She looks about for a stepstool or ladder she can climb to get up there. Well, that's a silly idea, girl, it's locked and Auntie has the key, what good will getting up there do you?

Qadira

Female Half-Elf HP 26/26 AC 16 CMB +3 CMD 15 Touch 13 Flat 12 (Melee Weapon: +1 Rapier)+6;1d6+2 (Ranged: Short bow) +5;1d6+0 F +2 R +6 W +4 INIT +3 Perc +13 Rogue 3 - Sorc 1

Shilyn is still wondering about Auntie's unease earlier as the older woman begins to walk away.

Sense motive: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10

With a shrug of her shoulders and a nagging feeling in the back of her mind, she follows.. only to be stopped short by Lore's question.


Male **Smuggler's Shiv Hex Map** Mad Scientest - Level Absolute **Smuggler's Shiv Editable Map**

If you insist, she says shaking her head.

She unlocks it, and you see an entire cabinet of liqours and wine.

"I keep it under lock and key, so the children don't get in. There's no harm in a little at night when all the kids are in bed... It helps me deal with all the stresses of the children and get a good nights rest"she says with a little smile and wink.

Bluff 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9

Grand Lodge

HP 28/28 AC 19 Touch 13 Flat 17 (scimitar)+3, 1d4 (lt xbow) +5,1d6+0 F +6 R +4 W +7 INIT +2 Perc +11 CMB +3 CMD 15 ; F gnome cleric(theologian)/4

"Ah, no harm there, I agree. As long as you keep it from the children, of course. You're wise to keep that one locked for sure. Thank you for obliging my curiosity. Shall we continue with the tour?" Lore smiles back at Auntie as warmly as she can, though a tiny little frown marks the spot between her eyes.

That's an awful lot of liquor for one little old lady. I hope she's not using the stuff as a soporific to keep the children docile.


Male **Smuggler's Shiv Hex Map** Mad Scientest - Level Absolute **Smuggler's Shiv Editable Map**

sense motive DC 9 or better:

You get the impression that she is underplaying this quite a bit... In fact, now that you watch her shuffle away, the "not so careful" placement of her feet, and minor swaying might not just be attributed to old age, as you previously had thought it...

Grand Lodge

HP 28/28 AC 19 Touch 13 Flat 17 (scimitar)+3, 1d4 (lt xbow) +5,1d6+0 F +6 R +4 W +7 INIT +2 Perc +11 CMB +3 CMD 15 ; F gnome cleric(theologian)/4

sense motive 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

darnit!

Lore follows along behind Auntie, oblivious to anything amiss.


Sense Motive 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
Ah dang it...guess I am buying everything this woman is selling. I hope Shilyn rolls better than we did.

Bander's one good eye widens a bit at the sight of the numerous bottles of booze. While I can understand needing a few drinks to fall asleep, heck some nights I need more than a few myself. It's a bit disturbing for a woman in charge of all these kids to be tying one on but to each her own.

"Well auntie it seems like nothin' more than a well provisioned larder. Perhaps we should continue on with our little guided tour."
+

Qadira

Female Half-Elf HP 26/26 AC 16 CMB +3 CMD 15 Touch 13 Flat 12 (Melee Weapon: +1 Rapier)+6;1d6+2 (Ranged: Short bow) +5;1d6+0 F +2 R +6 W +4 INIT +3 Perc +13 Rogue 3 - Sorc 1

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17

Looking at the cabinet full of spirits, Shilyn shakes her head. "Wow. That's.. quite a stash. You have friends over much?" she asks with a giggle.

She steps to Bander's side and softly whispers, "I think Auntie's been hitting the stuff. Notice her walk.. Just a hunch."

Grand Lodge

HP 9/9 AC 14 CMD +12 Touch 12 Flat 12 (Punch Dagger)+0;1d4+X (Bomb 7/7)) +3;1d6+4 F +3 R +4 W +1 INIT +4 Perc +6 CMB +0 ; M Half-Orc Alchemist (Mindchemist)/1

Ahzrin approaches a neighbor on the opposite side of Thaddaeus.

Spoiler:
"Pardon my intrusion, goodman (or goodwoman)," he says, sketching a courtly half-bow, then motions toward Auntie's place. "I am with the Pathfinder Society. Have you heard of any strange happenings in yonder household?"

Diplomacy - 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (18) - 2 = 16


Male **Smuggler's Shiv Hex Map** Mad Scientest - Level Absolute **Smuggler's Shiv Editable Map**

Thadd and Ahz:

You went to 2 locales together, and talked to Miltivis, and Travost and Tirelle Anthos.

Miltivis, who runs a nearby market, claims he’s
served Auntie Baltwin for over 30 years, and while a good
customer, she is quite demanding and often rude to the
other customers. He says she’s kept his supplier of fine
whiskeys in business for decades.

Gilga Baltwin’s neighbors Travost and Tirelle
Anthos are frankly tired of the noises the children make
and the retinue of cats—though they do appreciate the
latter’s mousing skills. They admit to being happy when
Auntie Baltwin sends the children “off into the town”
during the day, as it gives them a few hours of peace and
quiet before they return in the evening.

There is a neighboor across the road that you could talk to, also


Male **Smuggler's Shiv Hex Map** Mad Scientest - Level Absolute **Smuggler's Shiv Editable Map**

She takes you through a large playroom, which doesn't seem amiss. In fact, it seems quite clean.

Then she takes you over to her room, and opens the door, you can walk inside it if you want.

It is a clean, simple room with a closet in the corner.

Grand Lodge

HP 28/28 AC 19 Touch 13 Flat 17 (scimitar)+3, 1d4 (lt xbow) +5,1d6+0 F +6 R +4 W +7 INIT +2 Perc +11 CMB +3 CMD 15 ; F gnome cleric(theologian)/4

Lore pokes around a little bit in the playroom to make sure all is as it seems on the surface. She does ask Auntie, "Where are all the children? the healthy ones, you know? Why isn't the playroom in use?"

She does the same in Auntie's room (poke around a little), though she doesn't dig TOO deep, that would seem rude. Just gnomish curiosity. She does open the closet though.

lol, make sure Auntie isn't really some madame in disguise for us, and pimping out her 'children' or something. You know, make sure the clothes in the closet match what we're seeing now for the most part.

Andoran

Human/Fighter - HP: 25/25, - AC: 19/T: 12/FF: 17 - Perception: +8 - F: +5 / R: +4/ W: +4 - CMB: +6 - CMD: 18, Speed: 20

GM Brayden:
Thaddaeus hails the neighbor across the street.

Good day to you friend! May I have half a moment of you time? I'm here on behalf if the Silver Crusade and I'm hoping to learn more about Auntie Baldwin in the hopes that we may provide her some aid for the children. Can you speak to her character one way or the other?

Diplomacy 1d20 ⇒ 8

Qadira

Female Half-Elf HP 26/26 AC 16 CMB +3 CMD 15 Touch 13 Flat 12 (Melee Weapon: +1 Rapier)+6;1d6+2 (Ranged: Short bow) +5;1d6+0 F +2 R +6 W +4 INIT +3 Perc +13 Rogue 3 - Sorc 1

Shilyn pauses a moment in the playroom, noticing how clean and seemingly unused it appears. Letting her eyes wander around the room, she makes a mental note of what she's seeing before moving on to Auntie's room.

Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (7) + 10 = 17

Standing in the doorway of the room Auntie says is hers, she once again plays her eyes over everything. Walking around the room in an apparently casual manner, she lets her fingertips slide lightly over the closet door. "Nice room you have Auntie. Seems pretty quiet and you've kept it up very well," she says with a smile.


Male **Smuggler's Shiv Hex Map** Mad Scientest - Level Absolute **Smuggler's Shiv Editable Map**

Outside dudes:
As Thadd questions he is working on his house and doesn't seem to pay much attention. Answers a few ?s, but with just general answers. Perhaps if someone asked him more diplomatically they could get more out of him :)

Maybe Ahz could try it out?


Male **Smuggler's Shiv Hex Map** Mad Scientest - Level Absolute **Smuggler's Shiv Editable Map**
Lorelendral Teklet wrote:

Lore pokes around a little bit in the playroom to make sure all is as it seems on the surface. She does ask Auntie, "Where are all the children? the healthy ones, you know? Why isn't the playroom in use?"

She does the same in Auntie's room (poke around a little), though she doesn't dig TOO deep, that would seem rude. Just gnomish curiosity. She does open the closet though.

lol, make sure Auntie isn't really some madame in disguise for us, and pimping out her 'children' or something. You know, make sure the clothes in the closet match what we're seeing now for the most part.

Some of them are doing chores. When they get healthy we make them pitch in a little, to help the place stay clean.

You open the closet and find a big safe. She says that is where she keeps the medicine.

Grand Lodge

HP 9/9 AC 14 CMD +12 Touch 12 Flat 12 (Punch Dagger)+0;1d4+X (Bomb 7/7)) +3;1d6+4 F +3 R +4 W +1 INIT +4 Perc +6 CMB +0 ; M Half-Orc Alchemist (Mindchemist)/1

Outside Chatter:
Ahz clears his throat softly as the man seems reticent."My deepest apologies, good sir, but we have been charged with a mission of most grave sensitivity by the Silver Crusade. You see, medicine shipments are sent at no charge to the proprietress of that house, and we simply must assure that she has the children's best interests at heart." The half-orc smiles winningly, careful not to show his fangs. "Why, perhaps my friend Thaddaeus could even compensate you for our interruption."

Diplomacy 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (4) - 2 = 2

Hah! Perhaps I should ready a bomb. Trust a half-orc with a CHA of 8 to be diplomatic?


Male **Smuggler's Shiv Hex Map** Mad Scientest - Level Absolute **Smuggler's Shiv Editable Map**

outside dudes:

Well, he is nice enough, but you can tell that he needs to get back to hanging the gutter outside of his house. So you can either give him a hand, or leave him to it.

There doesn't seem to be anyone else around that you could ask about the house.

Grand Lodge

HP 28/28 AC 19 Touch 13 Flat 17 (scimitar)+3, 1d4 (lt xbow) +5,1d6+0 F +6 R +4 W +7 INIT +2 Perc +11 CMB +3 CMD 15 ; F gnome cleric(theologian)/4

You haven't said anything about kids doing anything around the house that we saw. We saw a few playing marbles out front and heard sick kids upstairs, but none doing chores around the house, right?

"You keep the medicine in a safe in your room? Perhaps we should put this package in there now while we're here?" Lore asks. Then looks at Auntie for her reaction. I suppose keeping the medicine in a safe place is important, but requiring an actual safe seems a little bit of overkill. I wonder if she's had thieves try to steal her medicine before.

Lore waits by the safe for Auntie and looks over at Shi and Bander with a little shrug before looking back to Auntie, waiting for her.

Qadira

Female Half-Elf HP 26/26 AC 16 CMB +3 CMD 15 Touch 13 Flat 12 (Melee Weapon: +1 Rapier)+6;1d6+2 (Ranged: Short bow) +5;1d6+0 F +2 R +6 W +4 INIT +3 Perc +13 Rogue 3 - Sorc 1

Looking at Lore, Shilyn grins. "Why I think that's a splendid idea Lore. After all, we wouldn't want the children to get into the medicine without Auntie's supervision."

Reaching up, she brushes loose hair away from her eyes and tucks it back behind her ear and throws a quick wink at Lore. "I'm sure the Society would like to know we observed the medicine being tucked away safely for use later. You do keep the key with you don't you, Auntie?"


Male **Smuggler's Shiv Hex Map** Mad Scientest - Level Absolute **Smuggler's Shiv Editable Map**
Lorelendral Teklet wrote:

You haven't said anything about kids doing anything around the house that we saw. We saw a few playing marbles out front and heard sick kids upstairs, but none doing chores around the house, right?

"You keep the medicine in a safe in your room? Perhaps we should put this package in there now while we're here?" Lore asks. Then looks at Auntie for her reaction. I suppose keeping the medicine in a safe place is important, but requiring an actual safe seems a little bit of overkill. I wonder if she's had thieves try to steal her medicine before.

Lore waits by the safe for Auntie and looks over at Shi and Bander with a little shrug before looking back to Auntie, waiting for her.

Correct on the first. You have seen a few kids running around, shooting marbles, etc. but for the most part the house is quiet and clean.

She opens up the safe watching you VERY closely. There are shelves of medicines. Quite a big stash, and a huge bottom drawer has a large drawer of gold.

Save, save save she mentions when you look a little closer.

Qadira

Female Half-Elf HP 26/26 AC 16 CMB +3 CMD 15 Touch 13 Flat 12 (Melee Weapon: +1 Rapier)+6;1d6+2 (Ranged: Short bow) +5;1d6+0 F +2 R +6 W +4 INIT +3 Perc +13 Rogue 3 - Sorc 1

Glancing at the huge assortment of medicines, Shilyn lets out a soft whistle. "Quite a stock pile you have Auntie," she says amazed, trying very hard to keep her eyes off the wealth in the drawer.

"Looks like you have something for all occasions." She spends a moment looking at all the jars and vials, careful not to touch anything.

Looking to see of her 'collection' appears to be recently used or are the jars beginning to gather dust, are they mostly full, etc.

perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (17) + 10 = 27

Grand Lodge

HP 28/28 AC 19 Touch 13 Flat 17 (scimitar)+3, 1d4 (lt xbow) +5,1d6+0 F +6 R +4 W +7 INIT +2 Perc +11 CMB +3 CMD 15 ; F gnome cleric(theologian)/4

Lore does look closely at the stockpile of medicines... For someone who needs these medicines so badly for the children, why does she have so much saved up here... what is she giving the kids? Lore looks at the medicines with a little sigh of surprise and hands the package over to Auntie to place in with the rest. We weren't told to withhold the medicine, just to deliver, observe, evaluate and report.

She looks at Shi and Bander again with another shrug... and looks at Auntie, to see what her response to Shi's remarks is. For such a philanthropist, she has quite a stockpile of medicines she is supposedly using, and quite a bit of gold.. wonder where she gets it all... she could be selling children when they get well. Lore has to fight to keep the look of horror off her face as this thought runs through her mind.


Male **Smuggler's Shiv Hex Map** Mad Scientest - Level Absolute **Smuggler's Shiv Editable Map**
Shilyn DeSable wrote:

Glancing at the huge assortment of medicines, Shilyn lets out a soft whistle. "Quite a stock pile you have Auntie," she says amazed, trying very hard to keep her eyes off the wealth in the drawer.

"Looks like you have something for all occasions." She spends a moment looking at all the jars and vials, careful not to touch anything.

Looking to see of her 'collection' appears to be recently used or are the jars beginning to gather dust, are they mostly full, etc.

perception: 1d20 + 10

Well there seems to be a new illness everyday now. Got to be prepared. We have been blessed by a lot of supporters, and it *is* a worthy cause... you know?

Shilyn:
None seem to be gathering dust, but as far as you can tell they are almost all full.

101 to 150 of 545 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Brayden's PFS First Steps: "In Service to Lore" - Group 2 All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.