Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

GM Brayden's PFS First Steps: "In Service to Lore" (Group 2)

Game Master Brayden Green

Pathfinder Society "First Steps." This is the introductory phase to pathfinder society.


51 to 100 of 545 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Grand Lodge

HP 9/9 AC 14 CMD +12 Touch 12 Flat 12 (Punch Dagger)+0;1d4+X (Bomb 7/7)) +3;1d6+4 F +3 R +4 W +1 INIT +4 Perc +6 CMB +0 ; M Half-Orc Alchemist (Mindchemist)/1

As much as Ahz has a hankering to get a look at the books, he too would agree that kids in potential danger is a high priority. I agree with the group. Let's go loom over Auntie a bit.


Bander stands towards the back of the room glaring at the Paladin and everything else in the place. Ain’t the fancy pants ‘Miss Holier than thou all’ nice and shiny. Heck I ain’t got nothing against doin’ some good but these types just get my back up. The world ain’t as clean cut and nice as they want it to be. This life is dirty and full of grey. Must be nice to walk through the world with your eyes shut and livin’ in a fantasy. Hell I’d love to take one of these uptight types and show them what life really is like out there beyond their pretty white temples.

The plan sounds good to me. Play it by the ear. I had thought about someone trying to bluff their way in as a sick person to see what is really going on but that seems a bit complicated. At this point Bander doesn't have much to add in front of the Paladin. He's just going to go along with the group for now.
+

Grand Lodge

HP 38/38 AC 19 Touch 13 Flat 17 (scimitar)+3, 1d4 (lt xbow) +5,1d6+0 F +6 R +4 W +7 INIT +2 Perc +11 CMB +3 CMD 15 MP 9/9 gnome cleric(theologian)/5
skills:
skills: Bluff +2, Diplomacy +9, Escape Artist +2, Heal +7, Know religion 5, Know planes +4 Perception +11, Profession (cook) +10, Sense Motive +3, Spellcraft +4, Stealth +3

So I guess we pile back into the cab, looking out for 'watchers' like the one we spotted back at the temple.


Male **Smuggler's Shiv Hex Map** Mad Scientest - Level Absolute **Smuggler's Shiv Editable Map**

Sounds good. So you pile in, and as lore mentioned, I need some perception checks

Andoran

Human/Fighter - HP: 36/36, - AC: 22/T: 12/FF: 20 - Perception: +9, Init +2 - F: +7 / R: +4/ W: +4 - CMB: +7 - CMD: 19, Speed: 30

Perception 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

Thaddaeus keeps an eye open for their follower as he makes his way into the cab; slightly distracted by a bird with colorful plumage flying overhead.


Bander Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17
Eli (the cat) Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7

+

Grand Lodge

HP 38/38 AC 19 Touch 13 Flat 17 (scimitar)+3, 1d4 (lt xbow) +5,1d6+0 F +6 R +4 W +7 INIT +2 Perc +11 CMB +3 CMD 15 MP 9/9 gnome cleric(theologian)/5
skills:
skills: Bluff +2, Diplomacy +9, Escape Artist +2, Heal +7, Know religion 5, Know planes +4 Perception +11, Profession (cook) +10, Sense Motive +3, Spellcraft +4, Stealth +3

perception 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (9) + 10 = 19

Qadira

Female Half-Elf HP 26/26 AC 16 CMB +3 CMD 15 Touch 13 Flat 12 (Melee Weapon: +1 Rapier)+6;1d6+2 (Ranged: Short bow) +5;1d6+0 F +2 R +6 W +4 INIT +3 Perc +13 Rogue 3 - Sorc 1

perception 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (17) + 10 = 27

Grand Lodge

HP 9/9 AC 14 CMD +12 Touch 12 Flat 12 (Punch Dagger)+0;1d4+X (Bomb 7/7)) +3;1d6+4 F +3 R +4 W +1 INIT +4 Perc +6 CMB +0 ; M Half-Orc Alchemist (Mindchemist)/1

perception 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17


Male **Smuggler's Shiv Hex Map** Mad Scientest - Level Absolute **Smuggler's Shiv Editable Map**

Same story as earlier, as you are getting into a cab, the majority of you notice across the road that the same person is watching you. He looks kind of tall, is wearing black leather, and the moment that he sees you notice him, he swears then disappears into the crowd.

These perception checks matter later in the game, so that is why I am waiting to make sure that i am getting all of them from you.

So you head straight over to Gilda "Auntie" Baltwin's place.

A big sign says "Auntie Baltwin's Home for Recovery." The place is known for being a place where sick kids go to get better, and the results seem amazing, but you don't know of anything beyond that.

Nearly swarming with cats and children, this fine upper-class home appears to be clean and in good condition considering the number and ages of its inhabitants. Three young boys shoot marbles in the dirt near the side porch, and inside strewn toys and more cats lie about on the floors. A few children take care of chores, while coughs and sneezes softly erupt from the children’s dormitories upstairs.

You find yourselves in front of the house.

Qadira

Female Half-Elf HP 26/26 AC 16 CMB +3 CMD 15 Touch 13 Flat 12 (Melee Weapon: +1 Rapier)+6;1d6+2 (Ranged: Short bow) +5;1d6+0 F +2 R +6 W +4 INIT +3 Perc +13 Rogue 3 - Sorc 1

Stepping from the coach, Shilyn pauses to stretch while her eyes survey the house. "Now THAT's a lot of cats," she says quietly.

As she walks closer to the house, she concentrates on what her eyes and ears are taking in while trying to appear as just another curious visitor with an occassional glance at the gray and black tabby companion out of the corner of her eyes.

perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (14) + 10 = 24

Walking up to the boys shooting marbles, she pulls a couple out of her pouch. "Hey boys, can I join? You may need to show me how though, it's been a while." Sitting crossed legged, she sets her glass orbs down. "How you guys doing? Like it here?"

Grand Lodge

HP 9/9 AC 14 CMD +12 Touch 12 Flat 12 (Punch Dagger)+0;1d4+X (Bomb 7/7)) +3;1d6+4 F +3 R +4 W +1 INIT +4 Perc +6 CMB +0 ; M Half-Orc Alchemist (Mindchemist)/1

Ahzrin steps down from the cab, stretching a bit and running his hands over his harness making sure none of his vials or components have been disturbed. The coach had been more than a little cramped with all of them inside.

He wonders a bit at the large number of cats. Surely such a number of beasts can't be helpful to the sick children...

Grand Lodge

HP 38/38 AC 19 Touch 13 Flat 17 (scimitar)+3, 1d4 (lt xbow) +5,1d6+0 F +6 R +4 W +7 INIT +2 Perc +11 CMB +3 CMD 15 MP 9/9 gnome cleric(theologian)/5
skills:
skills: Bluff +2, Diplomacy +9, Escape Artist +2, Heal +7, Know religion 5, Know planes +4 Perception +11, Profession (cook) +10, Sense Motive +3, Spellcraft +4, Stealth +3

sorry about any sloppy typing, typos, etc, but my computer is in the sho9p and i'm on my netbook which has a reallly funky keyboard.

Lore ho9ps down off Braden's lap and out of the cab. She seems entranced with all the children and cats and looks to see how Eli reacts to all his unenhanced relations. Then she turns to one of the children and asks simply, "Hi there, where can I find Auntie Baltwin?"

Andoran

Human/Fighter - HP: 36/36, - AC: 22/T: 12/FF: 20 - Perception: +9, Init +2 - F: +7 / R: +4/ W: +4 - CMB: +7 - CMD: 19, Speed: 30

Thaddaeus watches as Lorelendral and Shilyn talk to the children as he stands stoically near the Home for Recovery.


Male **Smuggler's Shiv Hex Map** Mad Scientest - Level Absolute **Smuggler's Shiv Editable Map**
Shilyn DeSable wrote:

Stepping from the coach, Shilyn pauses to stretch while her eyes survey the house. "Now THAT's a lot of cats," she says quietly.

As she walks closer to the house, she concentrates on what her eyes and ears are taking in while trying to appear as just another curious visitor with an occassional glance at the gray and black tabby companion out of the corner of her eyes.

perception: 1d20 + 10

Walking up to the boys shooting marbles, she pulls a couple out of her pouch. "Hey boys, can I join? You may need to show me how though, it's been a while." Sitting crossed legged, she sets her glass orbs down. "How you guys doing? Like it here?"

Sure! they say.

Give me a dexterity roll.

We like it here fine. When we are sick, the old lady gives us magic soup, and we feel better.

And she tells the BEST nightime stories! says the other.


Male **Smuggler's Shiv Hex Map** Mad Scientest - Level Absolute **Smuggler's Shiv Editable Map**
Lorelendral Teklet wrote:
"Hi there, where can I find Auntie Baltwin?"

They gesture towards the house, not bothering to look up, busy with their game.

Grand Lodge

HP 38/38 AC 19 Touch 13 Flat 17 (scimitar)+3, 1d4 (lt xbow) +5,1d6+0 F +6 R +4 W +7 INIT +2 Perc +11 CMB +3 CMD 15 MP 9/9 gnome cleric(theologian)/5
skills:
skills: Bluff +2, Diplomacy +9, Escape Artist +2, Heal +7, Know religion 5, Know planes +4 Perception +11, Profession (cook) +10, Sense Motive +3, Spellcraft +4, Stealth +3

Lore heads up to the house and pushes open the door and peers inside as she enters slowly lletting her eyes adjust to the dimmer lighting as she walks in. that is assuming the door isn't locked

Once inside, she will look for/ask for Auntie Baltwin.

Qadira

Female Half-Elf HP 26/26 AC 16 CMB +3 CMD 15 Touch 13 Flat 12 (Melee Weapon: +1 Rapier)+6;1d6+2 (Ranged: Short bow) +5;1d6+0 F +2 R +6 W +4 INIT +3 Perc +13 Rogue 3 - Sorc 1

Lining up her shot, Shilyn listens to the boys talk about Auntie. As she lets go of her marble, she lets the marble bounce like a rookie.

dex roll 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22 trying to purposely fail but make it look convincing..

"Magic soup eh? That's pretty neat. She make it herself?" She watches as the other boys take their go and turns to the other. "What type of stories? Can you tell me one?"

Grand Lodge

HP 9/9 AC 14 CMD +12 Touch 12 Flat 12 (Punch Dagger)+0;1d4+X (Bomb 7/7)) +3;1d6+4 F +3 R +4 W +1 INIT +4 Perc +6 CMB +0 ; M Half-Orc Alchemist (Mindchemist)/1

Ahzrin follows Lore into the house. He hears the child mention 'magic soup' and his eyes narrow in thought.


Male **Smuggler's Shiv Hex Map** Mad Scientest - Level Absolute **Smuggler's Shiv Editable Map**
Shilyn DeSable wrote:

Lining up her shot, Shilyn listens to the boys talk about Auntie. As she lets go of her marble, she lets the marble bounce like a rookie.

dex roll 1d20 + 3 trying to purposely fail but make it look convincing..

"Magic soup eh? That's pretty neat. She make it herself?" She watches as the other boys take their go and turns to the other. "What type of stories? Can you tell me one?"

Well, it's not magical. She puts the medicine in the soup, and when we eat it, we start to feel better.

My favorite story that she tells is the one about Pirate Jack and he sails the seas looking for treasure!


Male **Smuggler's Shiv Hex Map** Mad Scientest - Level Absolute **Smuggler's Shiv Editable Map**

I'll wait to see where the others want to position themselves

Andoran

Human/Fighter - HP: 36/36, - AC: 22/T: 12/FF: 20 - Perception: +9, Init +2 - F: +7 / R: +4/ W: +4 - CMB: +7 - CMD: 19, Speed: 30

Seeing Lore and Ahzrin head into the house, Thaddaeus follows them in.


Bander climbs out of the cab and takes in the scene out front of the large house in a quick look. His one good eye narrows at the sight of the myriads of cats lazily sunning themselves. Eli’s head perks up and his ears lean far forward in obvious interest at the sight of his brother and especially sister cats. Feeliing the sifting of the feline on his backpack, Bander growls, “Don’t you even think about it you stupid ball of fur. We don’t have the time for you to go off chasin’ some girl cat, courtin’ her, and then well…we don’t have gods damn time for it. So you just settle back down up there and stop thinkin’ what I fracking know you are thinkin’”

Hoping he has made his point clear to his black and grey feline companion, Bander turns his attention back to his fellow pathfinders. The old soldier glances back and forth from the lovely young woman who is now sitting in the dirt with the surely disease ridden urchins and the rest of the group that is heading into the building. Bander pitches his voice over the sound of the crowd so that Thaddeus might hear him, “I’ll stay out here and keep an eye on things. Cover the others in there and give a shout if you need anythin'.”
+


Male **Smuggler's Shiv Hex Map** Mad Scientest - Level Absolute **Smuggler's Shiv Editable Map**

So Lore, Ahz, and Thadd in the house.

Shilyn playing marbles (you gonna be in the house or outside, after?)

Bander outside.

That sound right?


Bander is covering Shilyn and will stay with her until she goes in the house. So yes Bander is standing outside keeping a watchful eye (one good eye that is) on Shilyn and scanning the area.
In case you need it: Perception check Bander - 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13

+

Qadira

Female Half-Elf HP 26/26 AC 16 CMB +3 CMD 15 Touch 13 Flat 12 (Melee Weapon: +1 Rapier)+6;1d6+2 (Ranged: Short bow) +5;1d6+0 F +2 R +6 W +4 INIT +3 Perc +13 Rogue 3 - Sorc 1

sorry for the delay.. team dinner.. expensive, skimpy, and not that great

Catching the others head inside, Shilyn decides to continue to engage the young boys in conversation to see if she can learn anything from the eyes and ears of the household when she notices Bander nearby.

"So, tell me about the ol' lady. What's she like? Does she have more stories than just pirate ones," she asks innocently while loosing another marble.

Casually, she pulls out a small handful of marbles and sets them down in front of her. "Can you tell me a story about this place," she asks with a warm smile sliding a couple of marbles halfway toward one of the boys.

will head inside if it's apparent that no information can be gained from the boys

Grand Lodge

HP 38/38 AC 19 Touch 13 Flat 17 (scimitar)+3, 1d4 (lt xbow) +5,1d6+0 F +6 R +4 W +7 INIT +2 Perc +11 CMB +3 CMD 15 MP 9/9 gnome cleric(theologian)/5
skills:
skills: Bluff +2, Diplomacy +9, Escape Artist +2, Heal +7, Know religion 5, Know planes +4 Perception +11, Profession (cook) +10, Sense Motive +3, Spellcraft +4, Stealth +3

Not willing to really split the party, Lore holds the door open even though she is standing inside with two others. She also doesn't want to overwhelm the kids outside with adults, when Shi has already established a sort of rapport with them... So she stands in the doorway, looking about for anyone who might be Auntie Baltwin or might tell Auntie Baltwin that she and her friends have arrived.


Male **Smuggler's Shiv Hex Map** Mad Scientest - Level Absolute **Smuggler's Shiv Editable Map**

skimpy team dinners? sounds like my kind of party...


Male **Smuggler's Shiv Hex Map** Mad Scientest - Level Absolute **Smuggler's Shiv Editable Map**
Shilyn DeSable wrote:

sorry for the delay.. team dinner.. expensive, skimpy, and not that great

Catching the others head inside, Shilyn decides to continue to engage the young boys in conversation to see if she can learn anything from the eyes and ears of the household when she notices Bander nearby.

"So, tell me about the ol' lady. What's she like? Does she have more stories than just pirate ones," she asks innocently while loosing another marble.

Casually, she pulls out a small handful of marbles and sets them down in front of her. "Can you tell me a story about this place," she asks with a warm smile sliding a couple of marbles halfway toward one of the boys.

will head inside if it's apparent that no information can be gained from the boys

You get the jist that she has lots of stories, and that the child genuinely likes the lady. Sometimes she makes him do chores, but that's okay because they get stories after. You have the impression that the child doesn't have much else to say.

Qadira

Female Half-Elf HP 26/26 AC 16 CMB +3 CMD 15 Touch 13 Flat 12 (Melee Weapon: +1 Rapier)+6;1d6+2 (Ranged: Short bow) +5;1d6+0 F +2 R +6 W +4 INIT +3 Perc +13 Rogue 3 - Sorc 1

Hah, wish it was that kind of skimpy.. Unfortunately it was 'small portion / high price' skimpy.

After playing for a while and realizing that the children can't or won't say much, she thanks them for the game and joins the others, leaving a few of her marbles behind in a small stack.

Reaching the door where Lore and Bander were watching her back, she says quietly enough so only they can hear, "Well, kids are nice.. Auntie feeds them medicine laced soup when they're sick and tells them stories of pirates at bedtime. They seem happy and well looked after."

She follows them inside to join Thaddeus.


Male **Smuggler's Shiv Hex Map** Mad Scientest - Level Absolute **Smuggler's Shiv Editable Map**

You see Auntie Baldwin in the living room, and she welcomes you in. She says, "Come in and sit! i wasn't expecting visitors. What is the occasion?

Andoran

Human/Fighter - HP: 36/36, - AC: 22/T: 12/FF: 20 - Perception: +9, Init +2 - F: +7 / R: +4/ W: +4 - CMB: +7 - CMD: 19, Speed: 30

Thaddaeus leans in close to Shilyn. It looks as though you have some skill at slipping beneath one's notice. Let's see if I can create an opportunity for you to do some snooping about the house.

Forgive us for entering unannounced...we have a delivery for Auntie Baldwin...might you be her?


Male **Smuggler's Shiv Hex Map** Mad Scientest - Level Absolute **Smuggler's Shiv Editable Map**
Thaddaeus Hawke wrote:

Thaddaeus leans in close to Shilyn. It looks as though you have some skill at slipping beneath one's notice. Let's see if I can create an opportunity for you to do some snooping about the house.

Forgive us for entering unannounced...we have a delivery for Auntie Baldwin...might you be her?

Oh, a delivery! Good. Is it supplies? We are starting to run low... I am Gilda Baltwin. You can call me Auntie, the rest of the town does. HE HE HE HE HE!

Andoran

Human/Fighter - HP: 36/36, - AC: 22/T: 12/FF: 20 - Perception: +9, Init +2 - F: +7 / R: +4/ W: +4 - CMB: +7 - CMD: 19, Speed: 30

Auntie it is then. By all accounts you are doing fantastic work here. Fantastic. My friends and I are newly recruited Pathfinders; we'd love to learn a little bit more about what you do here...our future missions may put us in contact with other benefactors who may be willing to help your cause.

As he speaks, Thaddaeus casually walks about the room trying to avert Auntie's gaze from Shilyn.

Diplomacy and/or Bluff rolls?

Grand Lodge

HP 9/9 AC 14 CMD +12 Touch 12 Flat 12 (Punch Dagger)+0;1d4+X (Bomb 7/7)) +3;1d6+4 F +3 R +4 W +1 INIT +4 Perc +6 CMB +0 ; M Half-Orc Alchemist (Mindchemist)/1

Ahzrin loiters in the back of the room as out of sight as possible, knowing the sight of him could disturb the children.

He peers at Auntie Baltwin as Thaddaeus engages her in conversation, an idea beginning to percolate...

Grand Lodge

HP 38/38 AC 19 Touch 13 Flat 17 (scimitar)+3, 1d4 (lt xbow) +5,1d6+0 F +6 R +4 W +7 INIT +2 Perc +11 CMB +3 CMD 15 MP 9/9 gnome cleric(theologian)/5
skills:
skills: Bluff +2, Diplomacy +9, Escape Artist +2, Heal +7, Know religion 5, Know planes +4 Perception +11, Profession (cook) +10, Sense Motive +3, Spellcraft +4, Stealth +3

"Yes, Mistress Zadrian from the temple of the Shining Star sent us with a shipment of medicine for you." Lore holds out the package to her. "I've heard about the fine work you do here... is there any chance of getting a brief tour of your facility while we are here?"

diplomacy if nec 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19

Qadira

Female Half-Elf HP 26/26 AC 16 CMB +3 CMD 15 Touch 13 Flat 12 (Melee Weapon: +1 Rapier)+6;1d6+2 (Ranged: Short bow) +5;1d6+0 F +2 R +6 W +4 INIT +3 Perc +13 Rogue 3 - Sorc 1

Shilyn smiles warmly at 'Auntie' and listens as the others talk to the older woman. Her eyes scan the room looking for anything seeminly out of the ordinary making carful note of doors and hallways.

She takes a couple steps to her left, and listens more to the sounds of the house than to the conversation taking place.

perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (17) + 10 = 27


Male **Smuggler's Shiv Hex Map** Mad Scientest - Level Absolute **Smuggler's Shiv Editable Map**
Thaddaeus Hawke wrote:

Auntie it is then. By all accounts you are doing fantastic work here. Fantastic. My friends and I are newly recruited Pathfinders; we'd love to learn a little bit more about what you do here...our future missions may put us in contact with other benefactors who may be willing to help your cause.

As he speaks, Thaddaeus casually walks about the room trying to avert Auntie's gaze from Shilyn.

Diplomacy and/or Bluff rolls?

Sense motive roll, actually. Andyou can give me a diplomacy, I guess.

She stands up, and says "Now there are some of you standing in the room and not sitting! We have plenty of seats! Come in, even if you *are* abnormal, no reason not to sit down. Sit! Sit! Sit! she says, going to the other side of the group, and half pushing, half "scooting" the bodies in the room, in a very grandmotherly fashion. [b]"Plenty of seats for all. You sit too, eastern armor wearing man. I'm sure you are all tired from your travels. I'll fetch the tea.

After ushering you all in the room, she leaves for what can only be 30 seconds, and brings back a tray of tea. "I had this boiling already, just needed to add a few cups." She insists that everyone take a cup, but when she gets to Ahzrin she says "You probably don't need any. Don't want to ruin my guest set, do I?"


Male **Smuggler's Shiv Hex Map** Mad Scientest - Level Absolute **Smuggler's Shiv Editable Map**
Shilyn DeSable wrote:

Shilyn smiles warmly at 'Auntie' and listens as the others talk to the older woman. Her eyes scan the room looking for anything seeminly out of the ordinary making carful note of doors and hallways.

She takes a couple steps to her left, and listens more to the sounds of the house than to the conversation taking place.

perception: 1d20 + 10

You hear cats, some sniffling, and some playing. What you would expect from a sick house. Except for the over-abundance of cats, but she kind of seems like a "cat lady" from what you gather so far.

You are being invited to sit with the rest.

You all don't *need* to sit down, you just need to have a good reason for not sitting. You *are* guests, after all, and she has asked you to sit down. Protocol is that you sit and accept the tea she offers.


Male **Smuggler's Shiv Hex Map** Mad Scientest - Level Absolute **Smuggler's Shiv Editable Map**
Lorelendral Teklet wrote:

"Yes, Mistress Zadrian from the temple of the Shining Star sent us with a shipment of medicine for you." Lore holds out the package to her. "I've heard about the fine work you do here... is there any chance of getting a brief tour of your facility while we are here?"

diplomacy if nec 1d20+6

"Oh, I'd be happy to give you a tour!" She says, rather delighted.

sense motive 20:
She doesn't seem "happy" to give a tour, but rather annoyed.

Bluff 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20

Qadira

Female Half-Elf HP 26/26 AC 16 CMB +3 CMD 15 Touch 13 Flat 12 (Melee Weapon: +1 Rapier)+6;1d6+2 (Ranged: Short bow) +5;1d6+0 F +2 R +6 W +4 INIT +3 Perc +13 Rogue 3 - Sorc 1

Shilyn allows herself to be ushered to a seat and takes the offered cup of tea. "My thanks Auntie," she says with a warm smile. SHe takes a whiff of the tea and looks at the older woman. "Smells wonderful. Tian blend?"

sense motive: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23

"We didn't catch you at a bad time did we?"

Grand Lodge

HP 9/9 AC 14 CMD +12 Touch 12 Flat 12 (Punch Dagger)+0;1d4+X (Bomb 7/7)) +3;1d6+4 F +3 R +4 W +1 INIT +4 Perc +6 CMB +0 ; M Half-Orc Alchemist (Mindchemist)/1

The alchemist's eyes harden at her casually callous tone, but he forces himself to give her a gracious nod. "Thank you, Madame, for saving me from declining politely. I most certainly wouldn't want to sully your fine china."

He moves to the side and sits down on a nearby couch, perhaps placing his posterior a bit more forcefully than was needed.

Grand Lodge

HP 38/38 AC 19 Touch 13 Flat 17 (scimitar)+3, 1d4 (lt xbow) +5,1d6+0 F +6 R +4 W +7 INIT +2 Perc +11 CMB +3 CMD 15 MP 9/9 gnome cleric(theologian)/5
skills:
skills: Bluff +2, Diplomacy +9, Escape Artist +2, Heal +7, Know religion 5, Know planes +4 Perception +11, Profession (cook) +10, Sense Motive +3, Spellcraft +4, Stealth +3

sense motive 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15

"Oh, good. A tour after our tea then!" Lore sits with the others and happily accepts a cup of tea. "It looks like you are doing wonders here with the children, and I love all your kitties."

Andoran

Human/Fighter - HP: 36/36, - AC: 22/T: 12/FF: 20 - Perception: +9, Init +2 - F: +7 / R: +4/ W: +4 - CMB: +7 - CMD: 19, Speed: 30

Sense Motive 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8
Diplomacy 1d20 ⇒ 9

Thaddaeus seems flustered as his master plan is foiled by Auntie's insistence on having a tea party; but he obliges and takes a cup but politely declines the seat.

Apologies Auntie, but I fear my armor makes it near impossible to enjoy a good sit. I'm happy to join you for tea though if you'll permit me to stand...and would indeed enjoy a tour of your home.


Male **Smuggler's Shiv Hex Map** Mad Scientest - Level Absolute **Smuggler's Shiv Editable Map**
Shilyn DeSable wrote:


"We didn't catch you at a bad time did we?"

"Well, anytime you have a house full of sick children that depend on just you, it's a bad time. But anything I can do to get further medicine for the little one's is a worthy cause."

"I imagine that you have some questions to prove me worthy?"

Grand Lodge

HP 9/9 AC 14 CMD +12 Touch 12 Flat 12 (Punch Dagger)+0;1d4+X (Bomb 7/7)) +3;1d6+4 F +3 R +4 W +1 INIT +4 Perc +6 CMB +0 ; M Half-Orc Alchemist (Mindchemist)/1

Oops, forgot my Sense Motive check, and Diplomacy check for my response to her declining me tea. I shouldn't post in a hurry.

Sense Motive 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13
Diplomacy 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (10) - 1 = 9


Bander follows the others into the room and places himself as far from the elderly woman as possible. As she passes out the tea cups the one eyed man grimaces but takes one. The delicate cup looks a bit ridiculous in his scarred thick hands. Bander sniffs at the tea then raises it to his lips but does not take a drink. The cup then rests on his leg seemingly forgotten. He is comfortable letting the others take the lead. Sorry just home for lunch so you guys feel free to run with this

Eli taking his opportunity as his master is seated, jumps down from his backpack throne and begins to explore the room. As he approaches Auntie he gives the woman a cautious sniff trying to decide how he feels about her.

Sense Motive roll for Eli if possible: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3 or Perception 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21
+

Qadira

Female Half-Elf HP 26/26 AC 16 CMB +3 CMD 15 Touch 13 Flat 12 (Melee Weapon: +1 Rapier)+6;1d6+2 (Ranged: Short bow) +5;1d6+0 F +2 R +6 W +4 INIT +3 Perc +13 Rogue 3 - Sorc 1

Setting her teacup down, untouched, Shilyn looks at Auntie. "Well, since you have a houseful, perhaps I would be glad to help you make your rounds. Really wouldn't be a bother and I do seem to have a way with kids." Standing, she offers her hand to the elderly matron with a warm smile. "Shall we go check on the young ones?"

Grand Lodge

HP 38/38 AC 19 Touch 13 Flat 17 (scimitar)+3, 1d4 (lt xbow) +5,1d6+0 F +6 R +4 W +7 INIT +2 Perc +11 CMB +3 CMD 15 MP 9/9 gnome cleric(theologian)/5
skills:
skills: Bluff +2, Diplomacy +9, Escape Artist +2, Heal +7, Know religion 5, Know planes +4 Perception +11, Profession (cook) +10, Sense Motive +3, Spellcraft +4, Stealth +3

Seeing that no one else seems to be drinking, Lore at least takes a small sip, then sets her cup down as well. Oh yes, let's do tour the place. What's wrong with the children here? I hear some sniffling and coughing from upstairs... is it all just colds and the like or are there worse afflictions among them? I am a healer, so perhaps I could help if any are hurt in any way. I wonder how many of them are just allergic to cats... Lore pauses a moment, to give Auntie a chance to answer her questions before she starts asking more...


Male **Smuggler's Shiv Hex Map** Mad Scientest - Level Absolute **Smuggler's Shiv Editable Map**
Shilyn DeSable wrote:
Setting her teacup down, untouched, Shilyn looks at Auntie. "Well, since you have a houseful, perhaps I would be glad to help you make your rounds. Really wouldn't be a bother and I do seem to have a way with kids." Standing, she offers her hand to the elderly matron with a warm smile. "Shall we go check on the young ones?"

"I don't really like strangers to walk around the children. I'm sure you understand... I only just met you...

I would be happy to accompany you, though."

51 to 100 of 545 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Brayden's PFS First Steps: "In Service to Lore" - Group 2 All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.