Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

GM Brayden's PFS First Steps: "In Service to Lore" (Group 2)

Game Master Brayden Green

Pathfinder Society "First Steps." This is the introductory phase to pathfinder society.


451 to 500 of 545 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>
Qadira

Female Half-Elf HP 26/26 AC 16 CMB +3 CMD 15 Touch 13 Flat 12 (Melee Weapon: +1 Rapier)+6;1d6+2 (Ranged: Short bow) +5;1d6+0 F +2 R +6 W +4 INIT +3 Perc +13 Rogue 3 - Sorc 1

"Well, if it's your servant.. just tell it to hand the thing over and we'll be done," she thinks in a rapid blur of emotions, but yet her mouth says something entirely different.. "Well.. it looks like we're now in the stables," she whispers softly.

Looking at the Chelish woman she asks, "So um.. what can you tell us about this servant? This wouldn't be one of your infamous Chelaxian demons would it?"


Male **Smuggler's Shiv Hex Map** Mad Scientest - Level Absolute **Smuggler's Shiv Editable Map**

He is an imp. He has been... refusing to obey orders, and so he must be punished.

I do not want him banished to the other plane yet, but do that if you must to get the trinket. I would like to show him some more manners before I send him there. On another note, I wouldn't try to open the box if I were you. It isn't very pleasant.

Andoran

Human/Fighter - HP: 25/25, - AC: 19/T: 12/FF: 17 - Perception: +8 - F: +5 / R: +4/ W: +4 - CMB: +6 - CMD: 18, Speed: 20

Right then...grab the imp, retrieve the trinket, bring the imp to you if we can and then we're on our way. Sounds easy. Shall we?

Grand Lodge

HP 28/28 AC 19 Touch 13 Flat 17 (scimitar)+3, 1d4 (lt xbow) +5,1d6+0 F +6 R +4 W +7 INIT +2 Perc +11 CMB +3 CMD 15 ; F gnome cleric(theologian)/4

Lore chuckles at Thad's comment. "Ah yes, so easy. Well, let's get at it then... With your permission, Ma'am?" Lore heads toward the door to the room where the thumping is coming from.

Qadira

Female Half-Elf HP 26/26 AC 16 CMB +3 CMD 15 Touch 13 Flat 12 (Melee Weapon: +1 Rapier)+6;1d6+2 (Ranged: Short bow) +5;1d6+0 F +2 R +6 W +4 INIT +3 Perc +13 Rogue 3 - Sorc 1

With a shrug of her shoulders, Shilyn turns to follow Lore. Her hand slips to the hilt of her rapier and with a flick of her fingers, she tests to ensure the blade travels freely. "Not sure what she means by banishing the creature," she mutters softly to herself as she falls into step behind the young Gnome.


Male **Smuggler's Shiv Hex Map** Mad Scientest - Level Absolute **Smuggler's Shiv Editable Map**

*sigh* good to be home. Out of danger, for now.

Okay, here is the map

Zarta’s bedroom is decorated in the colors of Cheliax—
ebon black and crimson red. Silk, rare woods, and
carefully carved marble compose every bit of furniture
in the room. Goose down now litters the room, covering
almost every surface and the silken shreds of the cushions
that contained it lie about like flayed skin . A post on the
massive screened bed is snapped in half, collapsed on the
bed and drawing the screened curtains into a ripped slope
of formerly fine cloth. Vials of perfume and crystal jars of
other cosmetics sit smashed on the marble floor around
the dresser. A prominent fixture in the room, a large “X”
made of stout wood sits along the west wall, complete with
leather shackles and chains. A table sits to its left strewn
with various items intended for pleasure, but outwardly
resembling implements of pain.

The imp is not paying attention to any of you, it is so concerned about getting inside the box. It realizes that you are there, watching you from time to time, but it is so concerned about the box it is only half watching you, and it quickly resumes it's task of cracking the box open somehow. The door closes behind you.

The creature desperately wants inside the box
and throws it around the room hoping to smash the thing
open. Though dented, the case doesn’t look like it will be
opening anytime soon.

Qadira

Female Half-Elf HP 26/26 AC 16 CMB +3 CMD 15 Touch 13 Flat 12 (Melee Weapon: +1 Rapier)+6;1d6+2 (Ranged: Short bow) +5;1d6+0 F +2 R +6 W +4 INIT +3 Perc +13 Rogue 3 - Sorc 1

Glad you and yours are safe. Hope all things are well considering.

Stepping carefully into the room, Shilyn begins snorting loudly. "Ugh! Waaay too much perfume! Geez Imp, don't you know a little goes a long way? You've successfully irritated my sense of smell," she half yells at the creature as she, once again, blows air forcibly through her nose.

"Ok, be a nice imp and give me the box."


Male **Smuggler's Shiv Hex Map** Mad Scientest - Level Absolute **Smuggler's Shiv Editable Map**

You may have the box, after I have what is inside of it he says, as he picks the box up in his feet, and flies 10 feet into the air and drops it onto the floor.

Andoran

Human/Fighter - HP: 25/25, - AC: 19/T: 12/FF: 17 - Perception: +8 - F: +5 / R: +4/ W: +4 - CMB: +6 - CMD: 18, Speed: 20

OK just so I'm clear...are we taking this thing alive?

Brayden - Glad to hear that you're home and safe....that must have been a scary couple of days for you.

Qadira

Female Half-Elf HP 26/26 AC 16 CMB +3 CMD 15 Touch 13 Flat 12 (Melee Weapon: +1 Rapier)+6;1d6+2 (Ranged: Short bow) +5;1d6+0 F +2 R +6 W +4 INIT +3 Perc +13 Rogue 3 - Sorc 1

Ok, this may hurt.. but.. Shilyn's a bit rash sometimes..

Seeing the imp drop the box, Shilyn moves quickly to snatch it from the floor, without much forethought. She hopes to toss it back to the others before the imp can retrieve it.

in case you need it:
Init: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

Unfortunately, her soft soled boots fail to gain much traction on the perfume and powder covered floor and almost cause her to loose her footing all together turning her dash into a fight just to stay on her feet.


Male **Smuggler's Shiv Hex Map** Mad Scientest - Level Absolute **Smuggler's Shiv Editable Map**

INIT 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18

In her hesitation of whether or not this is the right move, Shelyn stumbles a little and the imp puts itself in between the box and herself.

He is not looking for a fight, but clearly he will. The object in the box seems to be important to him, and worth a fight.

You can't think of many things that fall under that category.

Would you like to roll INIT and proceed in INIT order? (What I'm asking is are you going to actively pursue it more? Or fight? Or are we going to Diplo it out...)

Andoran

Human/Fighter - HP: 25/25, - AC: 19/T: 12/FF: 17 - Perception: +8 - F: +5 / R: +4/ W: +4 - CMB: +6 - CMD: 18, Speed: 20

Thaddaeus pulls out his bow and knocks an arrow. It's go time...hand the box to my associate or you might be pulling an arrow out of that tiny little leg of yours.

Initiative 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19

Qadira

Female Half-Elf HP 26/26 AC 16 CMB +3 CMD 15 Touch 13 Flat 12 (Melee Weapon: +1 Rapier)+6;1d6+2 (Ranged: Short bow) +5;1d6+0 F +2 R +6 W +4 INIT +3 Perc +13 Rogue 3 - Sorc 1

Regaining her balance, she holds up a hand to Thaddaeus. "Please Thadd, we are guests. Let's not be hasty. I'd hoped to simply grab the box but.. floor's a bit slicker than I thought." With a quick wink to Thadd, she turns to the imp and continues, "As you can see, I simply want the box.. while my friend here wants to skewer you. He's really had a bad day and this smell is affecting his judgement..but not his aim."

Diplomacy(Untrained): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10


Male **Smuggler's Shiv Hex Map** Mad Scientest - Level Absolute **Smuggler's Shiv Editable Map**

Listen! I already TOLD YOU THAT YOU CAN HAVE THE BOX after I open it. I just need what is inside the box! I can't let it fall into the wrong hands!

Andoran

Human/Fighter - HP: 25/25, - AC: 19/T: 12/FF: 17 - Perception: +8 - F: +5 / R: +4/ W: +4 - CMB: +6 - CMD: 18, Speed: 20

Look...you're obviously having a hard time getting into the box. My friend here is exceptionally skilled at opening locked items and checking to see if they're trapped. Seriously less than half an hour ago we were locked in this basement with three boxes and...

Well I won't bore you with the details. But trust me in her hands that box will pop right open. So hand the box to her and let's help each other out.

Bluff (untrained) 1d20 ⇒ 9


Male **Smuggler's Shiv Hex Map** Mad Scientest - Level Absolute **Smuggler's Shiv Editable Map**

he wants to believe you (+5) 14 total

sense motive 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7.

Erm. Okay. He has hope in his eyes, and a little fear. Can I trust you with this? I can't let this go into the wrong hands.he asks, hesitant and fearful, as he holds it a little forward, but not quite out there enough to grab.

I'm going to need you to move him to friendly or helpful before he hands it over. He's right there wanting to, but is hesitant. He wants to feel a little more confident with you all first.

Qadira

Female Half-Elf HP 26/26 AC 16 CMB +3 CMD 15 Touch 13 Flat 12 (Melee Weapon: +1 Rapier)+6;1d6+2 (Ranged: Short bow) +5;1d6+0 F +2 R +6 W +4 INIT +3 Perc +13 Rogue 3 - Sorc 1

"What do you mean.. 'wrong hands'?" Shilyn carefully keeps her voice neutral trying not to arise suspicion. Her hands reach to her pouch as she feels around for one of her older picks. "You know, that's part of why we want the box. We want to put it somewhere very safe where it could never fall into the wrong hands. It'd be guarded day and night by magic and armed men," she tells the imp.

She holds up the lockpick. "See, one of my better ones mind you." She taps the pick against her lip briefly before continuing, "Thaddaeus, you remember the last guy that tried to rob the vault? I hear the magic wards turned him into a toad and he was fed to a snake."

Bluff (CT): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13

"Now, can I please have the box and I'll try to unlock it."

Grand Lodge

HP 28/28 AC 19 Touch 13 Flat 17 (scimitar)+3, 1d4 (lt xbow) +5,1d6+0 F +6 R +4 W +7 INIT +2 Perc +11 CMB +3 CMD 15 ; F gnome cleric(theologian)/4

sorry about my absence for so long today - I was playing PF offline

Init 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10

Lore chimes in after Shilyn. "It really would be best if you let my friend try to open the box. She is quite skilled. If she can't open it, I doubt anyone can. It seems the box itself is nigh unbreakable, so my friend's skills may be the only way to get into it."

diplomacy 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25

bluff 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22

Grand Lodge

HP 9/9 AC 14 CMD +12 Touch 12 Flat 12 (Punch Dagger)+0;1d4+X (Bomb 7/7)) +3;1d6+4 F +3 R +4 W +1 INIT +4 Perc +6 CMB +0 ; M Half-Orc Alchemist (Mindchemist)/1

Init 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17

Ahz, despite his unease at his surroundings, can't help but lean forward. He was curious, very curious indeed, to see what was in the case.


Male **Smuggler's Shiv Hex Map** Mad Scientest - Level Absolute **Smuggler's Shiv Editable Map**

He gives Lore the box, and says "The wrong hands are people that would abuse what lies inside. Inside is a magical item that has a bag and hook used for drawing lesser imps and demons like myself out of our world, and pulling them into this one into slavery."

Grand Lodge

HP 28/28 AC 19 Touch 13 Flat 17 (scimitar)+3, 1d4 (lt xbow) +5,1d6+0 F +6 R +4 W +7 INIT +2 Perc +11 CMB +3 CMD 15 ; F gnome cleric(theologian)/4

"Thank you so much. If we can't open the box, we will be sure to lock it up where it can't be opened or used by anyone who would abuse such a terrible power." Lore holds the box so that Shilyn can pretend to attempt to open it.

"Go on Shi, see if you can get it open for our new friend here." She holds the box steadily and tilts her head to one side slightly and turns a little as she looks at Shi, making sure the imp is not in a position to see the very very slight wink in one eye.

Grand Lodge

HP 28/28 AC 19 Touch 13 Flat 17 (scimitar)+3, 1d4 (lt xbow) +5,1d6+0 F +6 R +4 W +7 INIT +2 Perc +11 CMB +3 CMD 15 ; F gnome cleric(theologian)/4

another bluff check if needed 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20

Qadira

Female Half-Elf HP 26/26 AC 16 CMB +3 CMD 15 Touch 13 Flat 12 (Melee Weapon: +1 Rapier)+6;1d6+2 (Ranged: Short bow) +5;1d6+0 F +2 R +6 W +4 INIT +3 Perc +13 Rogue 3 - Sorc 1

Hah! You read my mind Lore ;)

Lockpick in hand, Shilyn examines the box for possible traps before going to work on it.

perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (1) + 10 = 11

Believing it to be safe, she begins to work the pick in the lock. After a few moments of trying, she feels the pick catch as she was hoping and with a deft twist of her wrist, the thin metal of the pick snaps.

"Oh crap, there went my best pick too. Looks like no one's going to open this lock anytime soon," she says with a sigh, "But we can sure keep it safe so no more imps can be brought over for slavery. I'm sure the Society would love to prevent that, not to mention the imps themselves."

bluff 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14


Male **Smuggler's Shiv Hex Map** Mad Scientest - Level Absolute **Smuggler's Shiv Editable Map**

He seems to believe you.

As Shilyn inserts a pick and twists, she gets a jolt and takes 1 pt of lethal damage.

Qadira

Female Half-Elf HP 26/26 AC 16 CMB +3 CMD 15 Touch 13 Flat 12 (Melee Weapon: +1 Rapier)+6;1d6+2 (Ranged: Short bow) +5;1d6+0 F +2 R +6 W +4 INIT +3 Perc +13 Rogue 3 - Sorc 1

Shilyn shakes her hand vigorously to get feeling back into it after being jolted by something in the box. Noticing that the imp remains quiet, she removes her pack and squats down to open it. "Lore, let's just take the box back to the Society so that they can lock it up safely," she says, putting a bit of caution into her tone. "Then our friend here should be relieved that this will definitely stay out of the wrong hands."

She looks over at the imp. "You're ok with that right? I mean, you DO want it locked away so others can't get to it.. right?" She smiles at the winged creature. Shilyn continues to talk to the imp while she waits for Lore to put the box in her pack. Her words come quickly and smoothly, trying not to give the imp a chance to speak.

"I'm sure you do, that's why you're wise enough to let us do so. Why.. you'll be the hero to all your friends. Thanks so very much for allowing us to do this. You are so very kind. And see.. that was so much better than my friend here shotting an arrow at you don't you think? You're friends will be forever in your debt you know."

Dicebot.. be good.
bluff 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25


Male **Smuggler's Shiv Hex Map** Mad Scientest - Level Absolute **Smuggler's Shiv Editable Map**

Tell the mistress that I am ready for my punishment, and thank you for locking that box up. I was going to hide it, but if you all are going to take care of it, then that is so much the better. Goodbye new fiends, and protector of imps and lesser demons.

Grand Lodge

HP 28/28 AC 19 Touch 13 Flat 17 (scimitar)+3, 1d4 (lt xbow) +5,1d6+0 F +6 R +4 W +7 INIT +2 Perc +11 CMB +3 CMD 15 ; F gnome cleric(theologian)/4

"Goodbye little friend, and we will make sure this is locked away and taken good care of. You're very welcome and I'm sorry about your impending punishment." Lore puts the box into her pack and heads out of the room, hopefully with all the others... she wrinkles her nose in relief as she steps back into the outer room, away from the assault of the scents in the paracountess' chamber.

Assuming the paracountess is still there waiting for them, she smiles at the woman and speaks. "It seems your errant servant has seen the error of its ways. We have the item and the imp says it is ready for its punishment. I'm not sure I want to know what that means, of course. But thank you so much for your cooperation in this matter."

Andoran

Human/Fighter - HP: 25/25, - AC: 19/T: 12/FF: 17 - Perception: +8 - F: +5 / R: +4/ W: +4 - CMB: +6 - CMD: 18, Speed: 20

Thaddaeus follows lore out and offers the paracountess an awkward half bow, half salute before blushing and turning away. I knew I should have paid more attention in that etiquette class!

Qadira

Female Half-Elf HP 26/26 AC 16 CMB +3 CMD 15 Touch 13 Flat 12 (Melee Weapon: +1 Rapier)+6;1d6+2 (Ranged: Short bow) +5;1d6+0 F +2 R +6 W +4 INIT +3 Perc +13 Rogue 3 - Sorc 1

Making sure she has all of her things, Shilyn gives the imp a small wave and turns to follow the others out. A half-smile on her lips, she brushes the hair back from her face as Lore briefs the Chelish woman.


Bander simply shakes his head is disbelief. What the heck have I got myself? Negotiatin' with demons? They weren't liein' during our trainin' when they said the life of a pathfinder took some interesting turns. Fricking demons.

Following the others out of the room the one eyed man eyes the silvery box and then leans over and whispers to Lore, "Be careful with that thing little one. No tellin' what folks that play with damned demons might think is a 'small trinket'."
+


Male **Smuggler's Shiv Hex Map** Mad Scientest - Level Absolute **Smuggler's Shiv Editable Map**
Lorelendral Teklet wrote:

"Goodbye little friend, and we will make sure this is locked away and taken good care of. You're very welcome and I'm sorry about your impending punishment." Lore puts the box into her pack and heads out of the room, hopefully with all the others... she wrinkles her nose in relief as she steps back into the outer room, away from the assault of the scents in the paracountess' chamber.

Assuming the paracountess is still there waiting for them, she smiles at the woman and speaks. "It seems your errant servant has seen the error of its ways. We have the item and the imp says it is ready for its punishment. I'm not sure I want to know what that means, of course. But thank you so much for your cooperation in this matter."

She thanks you, and welcomes you back with gold and tells you to come back later when you have more time to "play" - whatever that means.

Flextime any conversation with her.

You are headed back, to deliver the box, and the road is clogged ahead with what looks like a mini-circus act that has broken out in the middle of the street. Some fights have broken out between cab drivers trying to get through, and the performers.

"This is as far as I can take you, it looks like."

People are being detoured down an alleyway by a city official. As you walk down the alleyway, you see an obscuring mist pop up behind you, causing people behind you to panick and go back the other way and recognize one of the people up ahead as being one of them that has been watching/following you all day. He and a few others are standing there leering. A halfling, with a curlique mustache yells out, "What you got in that box? be says menacingly. I think we should have a look at it!

Grand Lodge

HP 28/28 AC 19 Touch 13 Flat 17 (scimitar)+3, 1d4 (lt xbow) +5,1d6+0 F +6 R +4 W +7 INIT +2 Perc +11 CMB +3 CMD 15 ; F gnome cleric(theologian)/4

Lore has a bad feeling about this, an obscuring mist behind them and the watcher who's been following them about town ahead of them. While they stand there leering, waiting for a repsonse, she immediately casts 'shield of faith' on herself and readies for perhaps the worst, which would be a combat.

this is of course assuming she has time since they are standing there leering


Male **Smuggler's Shiv Hex Map** Mad Scientest - Level Absolute **Smuggler's Shiv Editable Map**

This is clearly an unfriendly situation. I suggest we roll INIT and count it out from there. (It's that time of the game! Roll 'em!)

Thadd, I'll count your 21 from the discussion.

Lore INIT 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

Bander 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13

Shilyn 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9

Ahz 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12

Cronies rolls - PCs may look here if you like - spoilered to unclutter:
Ledford 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15

Deandre 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

Halli 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7

Larkin 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16


Male **Smuggler's Shiv Hex Map** Mad Scientest - Level Absolute **Smuggler's Shiv Editable Map**

Hold your actions until I post INIT order. Getting map ready. :)

Andoran

Human/Fighter - HP: 25/25, - AC: 19/T: 12/FF: 17 - Perception: +8 - F: +5 / R: +4/ W: +4 - CMB: +6 - CMD: 18, Speed: 20

LOL...thanks. I just realized I posted in the wrong place, deleted it using my phone, and then ran to my PC to roll it here!


Male **Smuggler's Shiv Hex Map** Mad Scientest - Level Absolute **Smuggler's Shiv Editable Map**
Thaddaeus Hawke wrote:
LOL...thanks. I just realized I posted in the wrong place, deleted it using my phone, and then ran to my PC to roll it here!

Phew, that was close! I was going to hit you with all sorts of penalties and stuff >.<


Male **Smuggler's Shiv Hex Map** Mad Scientest - Level Absolute **Smuggler's Shiv Editable Map**

Map HERE

INIT

Thadd

Larkin 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16

Ledford 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15

Bander 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13

Ahz 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12

Shilyn 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9

Halli 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7

Lore INIT 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

Deandre 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

POST ROUND I ACTIONS IN SPOILER FORMAT. I don't care if you read the others actions after they have posted, if they "go before you" in INIT.

But as previously mentioned don't read anything addressed to a player that isn't your name.


Male **Smuggler's Shiv Hex Map** Mad Scientest - Level Absolute **Smuggler's Shiv Editable Map**

GM mechanics - GM eyes only, DON'T READ.:

Deandre Dulay
Female human cleric of Norgorber 1
NE Medium humanoid (human)
Init +1; Senses Perception +3
Defense
AC 16, touch 12, flat-footed 14 (+4 armor, +1 Dex, +1 dodge)
hp 12 (1d8+4)
Fort +2, Ref +1, Will +5
Off ense
Speed 30 ft.
Melee short sword +2 (1d6+2/19–20)
Ranged dagger +1 (1d4+2/19–20)
Special Attacks channel negative energy 4/day (DC 11, 1d6)
Domain Spell-Like Abilities (CL 1st; concentration +4)
6/day—touch of evil (1 round)
6/day—copycat (1 round)
Cleric Spells Prepared (CL 1st; concentration +4)
1st—cure light wounds, protection from goodD, shield of faith
0 (at will)—bleed (DC 13), detect magic, stabilize
D Domain spell; Domains Evil, Trickery
Tactics
Before Combat Putting on her mask, Deandre Dulay casts protection from good before whistling to her companions
to attack.
During Combat On her first turn, Deandre casts shield
of faith, then rushes into battle to provide flanking
opportunities for Larkin. In following rounds, she fights
in melee range with Ledford, allowing Larkin to
take advantage of the Gang Up feat. She heals
herself or companions as needed and uses her
copycat ability for added protection.
Morale Determined to make a name for
herself, pride forces Deandre Dulay to fight to
the death. She goes down spitting curses and
hurling insults.
Statistics
Str 14, Dex 13, Con 10, Int 8, Wis
17, Cha 12
Base Atk +0; CMB +2; CMD 14
Feats Dodge, Toughness
Skills Heal +7, Spellcraft +3
Languages Common
SQ aura
Combat Gear potion of cure light wounds,
potion of shield of faith; Other Gear
masterwork chain shirt, short sword, dagger, gray mask,
unholy symbol, 28 gp

Ledford
Male halfling barbarian 1
CE Small humanoid (halfling)
Init +2; Senses Perception +7
Defense
AC 15, touch 11, flat-footed 13 (+4 armor, +2 Dex, –2 rage,
+1 size)
hp 17 (1d12+5)
Fort +7, Ref +3, Will +4; +2 vs. fear
Off ense
Speed 30 ft.
Melee greataxe +5 (1d10+4/×3)
Special Attacks rage (6 rounds/day)
Tactics
Before Combat Eager to brawl, only Deandre’s intimidation
keeps Ledford from rushing in before her signal.
During Combat On his first turn, Ledford begins his rage
ability, moves to the first PC he can reach, and attacks
using power attack. He maintains his rage for the
following 6 rounds, but stops using Power Attack if his
first two attacks miss a particular PC. If given a choice of
targets, Ledford always chooses the biggest, strongest
PC. Gleeful at finally being paid to fight people, Ledford
shouts out taunts with each blow, followed with a short
laugh. He clearly enjoys combat.
Morale While raging, Ledford fights to the death. If fatigued
at the end of his 6 rounds of rage and reduced to 4 or
fewer hit points, Ledford offers to call the fight a draw.
Disgusted with his performance, Deandre may strike the
failed barbarian.
Base Statistics When not raging, Ledford’s statistics are
AC 17, touch 13, flat-footed 15; hp 15; Melee greataxe +3
(1d10+1/×3); Str 13, Con 14; CMB +1, CMD 13; Climb +6
Statistics
Str 17, Dex 15, Con 18, Int 10, Wis 12, Cha 10
Base Atk +1; CMB +3; CMD 13
Feats Power Attack
Skills Acrobatics +7, Climb +8, Intimidate +4, Perception +7
Languages Common, Halfling
SQ fast movement
Combat Gear potion of cure light wounds; Other Gear
masterwork chain shirt, greataxe, block of wax in a metal
tin, fine comb with a long handle, bottle of whiskey and four
silver cups, 25 gp

Larkin Waever
Male human rogue 1
NE Medium humanoid (human)
Init +3; Senses Perception +4
Defense
AC 17, touch 13, flat-footed 14 (+4 armor, +3 Dex)
hp 10 (1d8+2)
Fort +1, Ref +5, Will +0
Off ense
Speed 30 ft.
Melee rapier +2 (1d6+2/18–20), dagger +2 (1d4+2/19–20)
Ranged dagger +3 (1d4+2/19–20)
Special Attacks sneak attack +1d6
Tactics
Before Combat Larkin waits for the signal before rushing in to
strike the first available PC with his rapier.
During Combat Unless Deandre and Ledford both threaten
his target, Larkin shifts his position to flank, allowing him to
make use of the Gang Up feat.
Morale Larkin does not think this is a good day to die, and
breaks and runs when reduced to 3 hit points. Given the
chance, Deandre strikes at the turncoat.
Statistics
Str 14, Dex 17, Con 12, Int 13, Wis 10, Cha 8
Base Atk +0; CMB +2; CMD 15
Feats Combat Expertise, Gang Up*
Skills Acrobatics +5, Bluff +3, Climb +4, Disable Device +5,
Knowledge (local) +5, Perception +4, Perform (comedy) +3,
Sense Motive +4, Sleight of Hand +7, Stealth +5
Languages Common, Osiriani
SQ trapfinding +1
Combat Gear elixir of hiding; Other Gear chain shirt, rapier,
dagger, notebook of jokes, ink, quill, small hand puppet
representing Lord Gyr, 8 gp

Halli Fosta CR 1/2
Female human sorcerer 1
CE Medium humanoid (human)
Init +2; Senses Perception –1
Defense
AC 12, touch 12, flat-footed 10 (+2 Dex)
hp 8 (1d6+2)
Fort +1, Ref +2, Will +1
Off ense
Speed 30 ft.
Melee dagger +0 (1d4/19–20)
Ranged light crossbow +2 (1d8/19–20)
Bloodline Spell-Like Abilities (CL 1st; concentration +4)
6/day—acidic ray (1d6+1 acid)
Sorcerer Spells Known (CL 1st; concentration +4)
1st (4/day)—color spray (DC 14), magic missile
0 (at will)—bleed (DC 13), detect magic, light, message
Bloodline Aberrant
Tactics
Before Combat Halli casts mage armor from her scroll before
drawing the PCs into the alley. She triggers combat on
Deandre’s signal by casting her scroll of obscuring mist.
During Combat Halli keeps her distance from the fight,
preferring to use acidic ray from range. If she is threatened
in melee, she uses color spray or her scroll of burning hands
to eliminate any foes in range. If somehow depleted of
spells or spell-like abilities, Halli resorts to her crossbow.
Morale Distracted by her delight in the battle, Halli doesn’t
think to surrender or flee and gleefully laughs during
combat, even up to the moment of her death.
Statistics
Str 10, Dex 14, Con 13, Int 12, Wis 8, Cha 17
Base Atk +0; CMB +0; CMD 12
Feats Eschew Materials, Point-Blank Shot, Precise Shot
Skills Bluff +7, Intimidate +7, Spellcraft +5, Use Magic
Device +7
Languages Common, Elven
SQ bloodline arcana
Combat Gear potions of cure light wounds (2), scroll of burning
hands, scroll of mage armor, scroll of obscuring mist, scroll
of shield, scroll of unseen servant, wand of disguise self (5
charges); Other Gear dagger, light crossbow with 20
bolts, fan of pigeon feathers, small pouch of trimmed
fingernails, 53 gp


I think I need to wait to see what the first two bad guys do before I can really post an action for Bander, but eagerly looking forward to a good old fight :).
+

Qadira

Female Half-Elf HP 26/26 AC 16 CMB +3 CMD 15 Touch 13 Flat 12 (Melee Weapon: +1 Rapier)+6;1d6+2 (Ranged: Short bow) +5;1d6+0 F +2 R +6 W +4 INIT +3 Perc +13 Rogue 3 - Sorc 1

Round 1:

Shilyn looks at the halfling and raises an eyebrow. Drawing her rapier, she calmly brings her rapier up to a defensive stance and says, "I assume such deep thought as that must have hurt, but no, you're not looking at what is not yours."

Shilyn will fight defensively if attacked for this round.

Andoran

Human/Fighter - HP: 25/25, - AC: 19/T: 12/FF: 17 - Perception: +8 - F: +5 / R: +4/ W: +4 - CMB: +6 - CMD: 18, Speed: 20

Round 1:
Thaddaeus takes aim at the Halfling. I'd have a much better shot if only he were a foot or so taller...

Attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14
Damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9

Thaddaeus sidesteps to provide a buffer for Bander.

Grand Lodge

HP 28/28 AC 19 Touch 13 Flat 17 (scimitar)+3, 1d4 (lt xbow) +5,1d6+0 F +6 R +4 W +7 INIT +2 Perc +11 CMB +3 CMD 15 ; F gnome cleric(theologian)/4

round 1:
Lore casts shield of faith


Male **Smuggler's Shiv Hex Map** Mad Scientest - Level Absolute **Smuggler's Shiv Editable Map**

Bander::
Go ahead and read Thadd's post, and as far as the halfling "Larkin" he is going to charge and attack. Go ahead and give me an either/or scenario and I'll plug it in to the best of my abilities.


Round 1

Spoiler:
Bander's one good eye narrows at the sight of the ambush in front of them. With a quick turn of his head he takes in the thick mist behind them. Bander's military training kicks in and the old sergeant in him starts barking orders. "One of them is a Mage so guard yourselves. Ahzrin watch our backs, no telling what might come through that fog."

As the enemies before them charge in, the grizzled ex-soldier let's a grim smile slide onto his pock marked face. Aiming for the enemy halfling, Bander makes a soft noise that almost sounds like snoring and then takes a few quick steps backwards away from the front lines.

Bander will hit the halfling that has charged in with a sleep hex (Will save vs DC 14). He will then step back as indicated on the ambush map. If the. Halfling drops someone should coup de gras him.

If the halfling is somehow killed by Thad, then Bander will either hit the next nearest enemy with the sleep hex, if one is in range (30 feet), or he will step back as stated above and cast Mage armor on himself.


+

Grand Lodge

HP 9/9 AC 14 CMD +12 Touch 12 Flat 12 (Punch Dagger)+0;1d4+X (Bomb 7/7)) +3;1d6+4 F +3 R +4 W +1 INIT +4 Perc +6 CMB +0 ; M Half-Orc Alchemist (Mindchemist)/1

Round 1:
The fear he had felt at the Chelaxian manor had taken it's toll on the half-orc alchemist. When the halfling with the ridiculous mustache yells at the group, Ahzrin feels the stirring of the temper brought on by his orcish heritage. His lips draw back in an almost feral grin. He reaches to his belt and grabs a vial filled with a viscous yellow liquid. Hearing Bander's instruction, he turns to face the way they came, peering into the fog. He almost hoped they would try to come that way.

Ahz will delay, covering the rear. If a hostile opponent advances from the rear, Ahz will throw the bomb he's holding.
Ranged Touch Attack Roll 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17
Bomb Damage 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10


Male **Smuggler's Shiv Hex Map** Mad Scientest - Level Absolute **Smuggler's Shiv Editable Map**

Thaddaeus takes aim at the Halfling. I'd have a much better shot if only he were a foot or so taller... He just misses the charging halfing, and steps to the side to protect his allies.

Larkin moves forward, taking cover near a corner and whips out a dagger and throws it at Thadd.

1d20 + 3 - 2 ⇒ (16) + 3 - 2 = 17 -2 because Thadd has soft cover. That will miss.

Ledford will charge at Thadd. He has a crazy look in his eyes, and is attacking fully offensively. He will also miss, and is currently off balance from charging.

1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 4 + 2 = 17

Bander's one good eye narrows at the sight of the ambush in front of them. With a quick turn of his head he takes in the thick mist behind them. Bander's military training kicks in and the old sergeant in him starts barking orders. "One of them is a Mage so guard yourselves. Ahzrin watch our backs, no telling what might come through that fog."

As the enemies before them charge in, the grizzled ex-soldier let's a grim smile slide onto his pock marked face. Aiming for the enemy halfling, Bander makes a soft noise that almost sounds like snoring and then takes a few quick steps backwards away from the front lines.

Bander will hit the halfling that has charged in with a sleep hex (Will save vs DC 14). He will then step back as indicated on the ambush map. If the. Halfling drops someone should coup de gras him.

Will save 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23 The spell doesn't seem to have an affect on him.

Ahz The fear he had felt at the Chelaxian manor had taken it's toll on the half-orc alchemist. When the halfling with the ridiculous mustache yells at the group, Ahzrin feels the stirring of the temper brought on by his orcish heritage. His lips draw back in an almost feral grin. He reaches to his belt and grabs a vial filled with a viscous yellow liquid. Hearing Bander's instruction, he turns to face the way they came, peering into the fog. He almost hoped they would try to come that way.

Ahz will delay, covering the rear. If a hostile opponent advances from the rear, Ahz will throw the bomb he's holding.
Ranged Touch Attack Roll 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17
Bomb Damage 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10

Ahz readies against an attack from the rear.

Shilyn fights defensively, granting her a +2 bonus to her AC.

1d20 - 1 ⇒ (17) - 1 = 16 will hit doing 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3 damage.

Halli makes some motions with her hands and balls of light spark out of her fingers towards Shilyn. 1d3 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2. Shilyn takes 2 damage, and the lady wizard shrieks with delight.

Lore casts shield of faith.

Deandre casts shield of faith.

End of round 1. Shilyn and ledford took minor damage.

Round 2 in spoilers.

Qadira

Female Half-Elf HP 26/26 AC 16 CMB +3 CMD 15 Touch 13 Flat 12 (Melee Weapon: +1 Rapier)+6;1d6+2 (Ranged: Short bow) +5;1d6+0 F +2 R +6 W +4 INIT +3 Perc +13 Rogue 3 - Sorc 1

Round 2:

Feeling the burn of magic hitting her, Shilyn let's out a yelp of pain. "Why you little.." Her words trail off as she concentrates on first taking care of the halfling in front of her. She tries to keep to the flank of the halfling as it engages with Thaddaeus.

Attack (Full/weapon finesse): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12
Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

HP: 5/9 (3L / 1NL)

Grand Lodge

HP 28/28 AC 19 Touch 13 Flat 17 (scimitar)+3, 1d4 (lt xbow) +5,1d6+0 F +6 R +4 W +7 INIT +2 Perc +11 CMB +3 CMD 15 ; F gnome cleric(theologian)/4

round2:
Lore will throw a fire bolt at the reckless halfling hoping to do some damage to him

ranged touch 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16

dmg if hits 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

Andoran

Human/Fighter - HP: 25/25, - AC: 19/T: 12/FF: 17 - Perception: +8 - F: +5 / R: +4/ W: +4 - CMB: +6 - CMD: 18, Speed: 20

Round 2:
Recognizing that doing so will offer the Halfling a strategic opening to attack, Thaddaeus takes a five foot step forward and aims at who he presumes to be the mage that Bander warned about.

1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15
1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8

He then turns his bow on the halfling.

1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19
1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2


round 2

Spoiler:
Bander curses under his breath as he sees the halfling shake off his hex. Oh no you don't you son of a bow legged goblin...let's try this again and see if you can fracking shake it off a second time.. Once again Bander makes a soft sound that sound distinctly like he was taking a nap and his eye bares down on the halfling almost pushing the short man down by the force of his will.

Bander again hits the halfling with his sleep hex (Will save vs DC 14). If he fails he will fall asleep for one round.


+

451 to 500 of 545 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Brayden's PFS First Steps: "In Service to Lore" - Group 2 All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.