Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


GM Brayden's PFS First Steps: "In Service to Lore" (Group 2)

Game Master Brayden Green

Pathfinder Society "First Steps." This is the introductory phase to pathfinder society.


1 to 50 of 545 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Male **Smuggler's Shiv Hex Map** Mad Scientest - Level Absolute **Smuggler's Shiv Editable Map**

Welcome to the Pathfinder Society. The society is the largest organization of its kind in the world, and has been going for the last 400 years.

You find yourselves in the city of Absalom, on the Isle of Kortos. (Think: The isle of Crete from ancient Greece.)

Absalom Pathfinder Wiki HERE - (non required Absalom reading, just knock yourself out if you want to)

You have made your way through the Pathfinder Society training stage (normally 3 years - sometimes less), and are ready to get out into the world. You have been called by the Venture Captain of the Grand Lodge here, and the 5 of you have assembled as such.

Player Introductions are in order. Once you have sufficiently introduced yourselves we will get started.


Male **Smuggler's Shiv Hex Map** Mad Scientest - Level Absolute **Smuggler's Shiv Editable Map**

Here are the rules to posting:

1. 1 time minimum a day - keep things flowing

2. Post whenever possible using the Text formatting shown below: (we are going to learn "code". Yay! Click on the "how to format your text" button below for further help)

  • Character speech is bolded.

    "By Aazimar, look at the size of that thing!"

  • Character thoughts are italicized

    Well, here goes nothing thought A'rial as she jumped off the cliff

  • Spoiler material will be shown as following. Don't click on a button to reveal the text unless it has your name on it, or you make the appropriate DC. I know it's tempting, but in the name of good rp, DON'T DO IT!

    DON'T TOUCH THIS BUTTON! DON'T PRESS IT! DON'T DO IT!:
    KA-BOOM!!! You're all dead!

  • Anything said "Out of Character" should be used with the "OOC" formatting, like this:

    Wow! Nice Shot!!!

  • Anything longer than a sentence or two should go in the discussion thread, with a "OOC" post or question leading to it. For Example:

    I'm not sure that is the right application for that spell. Head over to the DT and I'll explain why.

  • If you are casting a spell, or doing something not very standard, it is usually good form to put the spell's effects whenever possible, as a spoiler or a url link code, for easy reference.

    I have the books on my phone, too. So it's not the end of the world for me to look stuff up, but it helps me to keep the game flowing if it is all right there, so do it when you can if it's not a bother. IF you aren't familiar with the pathfinder SRD, it is a miraculous thing. d20pfsrd.com

    Zoriel the wizard casts sleep on the first goblin in the group

    http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/s/sleep

    if you want to get all tricky you can get familiar with the "go to" and hyperlink it into the text, making it look like this.

    Sleep Spell Here

  • And finally... We will use the dice expression to roll our dice for us. If we don't like it we can change it, but we'll try it.

    Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15

    p.s. I am fully aware that you can just "preview" the dice and see if you get a good roll, then cancel if you don't. then rinse, wash and repeat, until you get the 16-20 range.

    I don't think you guys will, but seriously, don't do it. Don't make me ban your characters from PFS, that creates a LOT more paperwork for me! :)

    p.s.s. Thanks for playing, let's get started.


  • Not sure what you have in mind for 'Character intros..but here it goes

    The bald headed man marches into the room, his stride and bearing betraying a military past. The man’s face looks as if it has been through a war and for some reason his own troops decided to use him as a human battering ram. From the pock marked skin to the pulped nose and finally to the angry red scar leading down from the left side of his scalp to his missing left eye, it is a visage that only his mother could love and even she might find it hard to eat while looking at her son. With a slow stare the grizzled trooper, who goes by the name Bander Reese, takes in the layout of the room and then edges along the back wall. Incongruously to the man’s hard bitten exterior, a large black and grey cat follows him into the room and proceeds to weave in and out of Bander’s leather boots. “Damn it cat you keep doin’ that and one of these days you are goin’ end up nothin’ more than a black smear on the floor.”

    Bander stops once he reaches the rear left corner where he leans his gnarled back up against the wall, letting his single good eye rove back and forth over the room. “Well cat looks like we are the first to arrive. I wonder what good for nothin’, namby pants, fresh off the nipple comrades we are goin’ to be saddled with? Gorum’s shriveled scrotum, you saw the ones we were trainin’ with. Half of them over privileged rich kids with nothin’ better to do then join the Society and see the world.” At this Bander leans over and spits a juicy wad of phlegm onto the floor. “Oh well looks like we got nothin’ to do but wait. Hope the rest of the losers can manage to find their way out of the latrine this mornin’ and grace us with their presence. “

    The grizzled older man absently reaches up and pops the glass eye out of his left socket, slowly examines it, spits on it and then gives it a good shine on his shirt. Once the thing seems to pass inspection he pops it back into place and once again goes back to his slow scan of the room.
    +

    Qadira

    Female Half-Elf HP 26/26 AC 16 CMB +3 CMD 15 Touch 13 Flat 12 (Melee Weapon: +1 Rapier)+6;1d6+2 (Ranged: Short bow) +5;1d6+0 F +2 R +6 W +4 INIT +3 Perc +13 Rogue 3 - Sorc 1

    Opening the door, a slender cloaked woman walks in. Stopping, the head peers left, then right as almond shaped eyes take in the room. "Empty except that grizzled man there rubbing at his eye," she muses. A hand reaches up to push the hood back from an olive skinned face framed with loose black hair, the tips of her ears barely protruding but give the definite impression of Elvish lineage.

    Reaching up, she pulls her hair back and quickly ties it into a loose tail, letting it hang over the top of her cloak.

    Catching the eye of a serving girl, she waves her hand. "Miss? A meal and some of your ale please," she says in a soft voice before making her way to a table. Soft-soled boots make little sound as she walks.

    She pulls her pack off and sets it down and lays her cloak over the top of it. Grabbing the chair, she sits down letting her right leg catch her rapier's scabbard, deftly moving it to the side as she does.

    With a roll over her shoulders, she rests her forearms on the table and awaits her meal. Looking around, she spots only one other patron and nods a greeting.

    As the serving girl sets down her fare, she picks up the utensils and begins to eat. Her eyes stay in motion, observing the cat's antics. "Nice mouser," she says as she stuffs another bite into her mouth.

    Grand Lodge

    HP 9/9 AC 14 CMD +12 Touch 12 Flat 12 (Punch Dagger)+0;1d4+X (Bomb 7/7)) +3;1d6+4 F +3 R +4 W +1 INIT +4 Perc +6 CMB +0 ; M Half-Orc Alchemist (Mindchemist)/1

    Ahzrin strides down the the hall of the Grand Lodge, a look of consternation playing across his brutish features. The message from the Venture-Captain had arrived at a positively awful time. He had been working on a particularly interesting formula.

    I had just added the aetheric catalyst! he thought. The reaction promised to be quite exci...

    He is brought up short as he hears the stream of invective coming from the room ahead. The gruff tone causes him to immediately and unconsciously hunch his shoulders, as if expecting a blow. Glancing aside, he realizes that this was indeed the room where he was to meet his fellow Pathfinders.

    "Oh my!" He says softly to himself. Adjusting his spectacles, he pushes open the door and slips into the room. His eyes first go to the grizzled man, obviously the source of the earlier vituperation. The man was clearly a soldier given his scars and aspect. That did not, however, explain the cat twining around the mans legs. Ahzrin files this mental note away as his gaze alights upon the other inhabitant of the room.

    The woman, even at rest, holds a quite graceful air, and it doesn't take the quick look at the worn hilt of her rapier for Ahzrin to know she is formidable.

    He gives a momentary start as he realizes he has been staring at the pair for longer than is seemly. He quickly ducks his head and moves to the nearest chair, sitting down with a jingle of straps and vials.

    Grand Lodge

    HP 50/50 AC 19 Touch 13 Flat 17 (scimitar)+3, 1d4 (lt xbow) +5,1d6+0 F +6 R +4 W +8 INIT +5 Perc +11 CMB +3 CMD 15 MP 8/9 gnome cleric(theologian)/5
    skills:
    skills: Bluff +2, Diplomacy +9, Escape Artist +2, Heal +8, Know religion 5, Know planes +4 Perception +12, Profession (cook) +11, Sense Motive +4, Spellcraft +4, Stealth +3

    Lore practically bounces into the room, little purple-haired slip of a gnome. Her chain mail shirt chinks a merry tune as she walks, tiny scimitar hanging from her belt and a small crossbow slung across her back.. Her eyes, also a deep violet like her hair, practically glow in the low firelight in the room, reflecting flame like mirrors.

    She scans the room for other occupants and her flame-limned violet eyes settle on Bander for a moment and she smiles engagingly. "Hi.. I'm Lorelendral, but you can call me Lore. Ooooh, you've got a kitty! Hello, kitty, kitty." Her attention is called away from Bander long enough to pay some attention to the cat.

    When she turns back to Bander, the smile is still there, but it is warmer than before. "Man who loves cats can't be all bad. You look like you've got some wear and tear on you, there, but I think... yes, you're not a bad man at all. It's nice to meet you!"

    Before Bander can reply, Lore's attention turns to Shilyn and she smiles at her. Sensing something diffident about this one, maybe it's just her elven heritage... and she pauses a moment, then approaches anyway... "Hi, I'm Lore, it's nice to meet you, too. Oh, I just love making new friends."

    She waves a serving girl over and settles onto a chair, her legs dangling, not quite reaching the floor. Ah... it's so good to be alive... blessings of Sarenrae on us all this evening. What's on the menu, hon?" she asks the serving girl.

    Grand Lodge

    HP 50/50 AC 19 Touch 13 Flat 17 (scimitar)+3, 1d4 (lt xbow) +5,1d6+0 F +6 R +4 W +8 INIT +5 Perc +11 CMB +3 CMD 15 MP 8/9 gnome cleric(theologian)/5
    skills:
    skills: Bluff +2, Diplomacy +9, Escape Artist +2, Heal +8, Know religion 5, Know planes +4 Perception +12, Profession (cook) +11, Sense Motive +4, Spellcraft +4, Stealth +3

    Lore looks over at Ahzrin as he enters and nods to him, with a little scowl before she breaks out in a smile again. "Hi... I'm Lorelendral, but you can call me Lore. You look awfully familiar, but I don't think we've met before. It's a pleasure, indeed. Blessings on you this fine night, my new friend...

    She tucks her small scimitar out of the way as she leans forward to talk to the barmaid, ordering a glass of wine and a meal of cheese and fruit.

    Qadira

    Female Half-Elf HP 26/26 AC 16 CMB +3 CMD 15 Touch 13 Flat 12 (Melee Weapon: +1 Rapier)+6;1d6+2 (Ranged: Short bow) +5;1d6+0 F +2 R +6 W +4 INIT +3 Perc +13 Rogue 3 - Sorc 1

    Watching the half-orc enter from the corner of her eye and she raises an eyebrow in wonder Shilyn continues to eat as if famished and with a shrug she turns her attention back to her meal. Her attention is piqued again as the gnome comes bouncing in. "I bet she's a morning person.." she grumbles to herself.

    As the gnome approaches and introduces herself in her cheery mannyer, Shilyn looks up from her already half-eaten meal. "I'm Shi," pronounced 'Shy'.. or 'Shy-lin' she says straight faced, letting the play on her name appear seemingly unintentional. "Well met."

    Finishing her food quickly, she pushes back the plate and stretches out her long legs. Pulling her ale close she leans back to relax and wait with the others, quietly observing for now.


    Male **Smuggler's Shiv Hex Map** Mad Scientest - Level Absolute **Smuggler's Shiv Editable Map**

    You also see a man with a bow wearing eastern armor sitting in a corner.

    I'm gonna get this started, Thaddeus can intro his character whenever he feels like it. He can even flextime it, see discussion thread for "flex time" explanation.


    Male **Smuggler's Shiv Hex Map** Mad Scientest - Level Absolute **Smuggler's Shiv Editable Map**

    The Venture Captain for the Pathfinder Society Grand Lodge, Ambrus Valsin stride in the door. He is a no nonsense, tough son of a ... gun, and he says, "Gather Round here. I am only going to say this once."

    The Pathfinder Society takes its orders from the Decimvirate, a group of 10 leaders that meet and decide what the Pathfinder Societies missions are, and the tasks. They obviously don't agree all of the time, because sometimes things don't make sense and seem in a random, illogical pattern.

    The next step down is the Venture Captains, of each lodge/group. They have explicit authority, and are in command of hundreds of PFs in each of their groups.

    Ambrus Valsin shown HERE steps into the floorspace in front of you all, as you all assemble.

    “All right, Pathfinders! Listen up. I know you are new recruits
    eager to make names for yourselves in the organization, but first we need to make sure you are up to snuff and won’t get yourself killed out there. I have a number of small assignments for you and your team, and it would be best if you could finish them before the day’s end.

    “Every day we get some doe-eyed hopeful or some sniveling bootlicker willing to do anything to join up with the Pathfinders. Most of them are
    good kids, but not all of them have the salt to make it in a world like this. It’s rough out there and I’m not just talking about the ruins, tombs, and wilderness Pathfinders find themselves in on missions. We’ve got people who look down their noses at us, folks who think we squander our resources, and agents who want to take everything we have collected.

    "This wealth of knowledge and these items of lore make us the
    most powerful organization on the planet. That said, since we are fractured and widespread, it’s difficult for that power to light on anything for too long. For every friend of the Society, there are two enemies. "

    “Your first mission, to test your mettle and loyalties, sends
    you to meet a few people important to the Society living here
    in Absalom. These are other venture-captains or close allies of
    our organization, so follow their orders as you would mine. I’ve
    prepared a list of things I or they want you to do. They’re not arranged
    in any particular order of importance, but I want them all
    completed as quickly as possible. Only report to me once you
    complete them all. Included in the envelope you hold in your
    hands is the list, complete with the name of your contact, and
    directions to the meeting location.”

    He hands you each a LIST, and asks "Are there any questions?"

    Qadira

    Female Half-Elf HP 26/26 AC 16 CMB +3 CMD 15 Touch 13 Flat 12 (Melee Weapon: +1 Rapier)+6;1d6+2 (Ranged: Short bow) +5;1d6+0 F +2 R +6 W +4 INIT +3 Perc +13 Rogue 3 - Sorc 1

    Taking the list, Shilyn looks it over carefully. "Uh huh.. mmm.. ok.. uh.." she says quietly as she reads. "Chelish?? oh, boy." Her musing is interrupted as she reads the last entry, a slightly worried look plays quickly across her face then disappears.

    "Seems easy enough. Some elbow rubbing, a bit of work, and a courier run. What could go wrong," she asks the others, biting her lower lip.

    Carefully folding the list, she tucks it into one of her belt pouches. She picks up her cloak and slips it on. "Well Lore, ready for some work?" With a grin, she picks up her pack and waits for the others.

    Grand Lodge

    HP 50/50 AC 19 Touch 13 Flat 17 (scimitar)+3, 1d4 (lt xbow) +5,1d6+0 F +6 R +4 W +8 INIT +5 Perc +11 CMB +3 CMD 15 MP 8/9 gnome cleric(theologian)/5
    skills:
    skills: Bluff +2, Diplomacy +9, Escape Artist +2, Heal +8, Know religion 5, Know planes +4 Perception +12, Profession (cook) +11, Sense Motive +4, Spellcraft +4, Stealth +3

    Lore opens her envelope and reads over the instructions, checks the directions to make sure she understands them, then shakes her head. "No questions, sir. Got it. Complete all four tasks and report back to you as quickly as possible. Yes, Sir."

    She hops down off her seat and hefts her small pack of equipment, then looks to the others in the room. "Well, Shi, it looks like we are to be companions. You others, it'd be great to learn your names at least... I'm Lore, but I already told you that. Well met, all of you." She looks at Ahzrin, Bander and Thaddeus each in turn.

    "We should probably get started immediately. Does anyone have a preference on tasks to complete first? I don't really, but I think I'd rather complete the fourth task on the list last. We don't know what we're recovering, but it might be something heavy and I can't carry much. I'd hate to see it burden us while we complete the other tasks. But I'm happy enough to go in any order if you have other ideas. Let's just make a decision and be off."

    Grand Lodge

    HP 9/9 AC 14 CMD +12 Touch 12 Flat 12 (Punch Dagger)+0;1d4+X (Bomb 7/7)) +3;1d6+4 F +3 R +4 W +1 INIT +4 Perc +6 CMB +0 ; M Half-Orc Alchemist (Mindchemist)/1

    Ahz peers down at the list after it is thrust into his hands by the Venture Captain. The first item immediately catches his eye and he feels his pulse quicken in excitement. However, as he continues down to the last item, he feels his momentary elation disappear as if it never was.

    Simply reading the name of the Paracountess and the reference to Chelish nobility is enough to trigger anxiety. And I have to enter the estate!

    Taking a deep breath, the alchemist manages to calm himself down enough to absorb the verbal barrage from Lore. "Yes, well," he replies. "I'm quite interested in the rare books and would be quite happy to complete that task!"

    He rises to his feet and adjusts his harness, making sure his vials are secure. "And quite likely the only one here who would know what a book is..." he mutters to himself in what is obviously intended to be an internal monologue.

    Grand Lodge

    HP 9/9 AC 14 CMD +12 Touch 12 Flat 12 (Punch Dagger)+0;1d4+X (Bomb 7/7)) +3;1d6+4 F +3 R +4 W +1 INIT +4 Perc +6 CMB +0 ; M Half-Orc Alchemist (Mindchemist)/1

    It takes a moment for Ahzrin to respond to Lore's query and insistent stare.

    In other words, I'm at work and failing at reading comprehension :)

    "Oh! Yes, yes indeed. Quite nice to meet you all. I am, in fact, Ahzrin Tussk, alchemist extraordinaire, purveyor of secrets, and author of the upcoming Compendium of All Things, which will be the exhaustive tome on all.." His voice begins to rise as he verbally preens. Then, realizing his gaffe, the half-orc actually blushes, looks down, and concludes lamely. "Well met."

    Qadira

    Female Half-Elf HP 26/26 AC 16 CMB +3 CMD 15 Touch 13 Flat 12 (Melee Weapon: +1 Rapier)+6;1d6+2 (Ranged: Short bow) +5;1d6+0 F +2 R +6 W +4 INIT +3 Perc +13 Rogue 3 - Sorc 1

    Shilyn looks at Ahzrin and turning gives Lore a wink. "Books? Hrm.. let's see.. aren't those the things uppity people put on shelves? I think I saw one once.. not sure.. maybe that was a mouse," she says with a feigned thoughtful look as she taps her lip with her finger.

    Breaking out in a warm grin, she continues, "Well met Ahzrin. I am Shilyn, an acquisition artist specializing in the liberation of under-appreciated antiquities and rarities from ungrateful curators, while relocating the same to those who are more.. appreciative." She gives a soft laugh, knowing she won't be able to compete long with the scholar, but enjoying the chase non-the-less.

    Andoran

    Human/Fighter 4 - HP: 36/36, - AC: 22/T: 12/FF: 20 - CMD: 19 - F: +7 / R: +4/ W: +4 - Init: +2 - Perception: +9 - SM: +6

    Raised by a stern father and with aspirations to join the ranks of the Andorans, Thaddaeus has been purposefully quiet during the initial conversation. I don't want to come across as some obnoxious brat who assumes he's the one to give the orders... However his conscience gets the better of him as he hears his comrades gloss over delivering medicine to an orphanage in favor of less urgent tasks.

    I hate to go against the grain so soon in our work together....but I feel that sick children should take precedence over old books.

    Hmm...that may have come off a bit more harsh than I intended.

    Apologies if I came off a bit abrupt. I'm called Thaddaeus...which can be a bit of a mouthful so please feel free to call me Thadd. I was raised in a town small enough so that all families knew one another and looked out for each others children. Oftentimes word of my mischief reached my mother's ears before I even returned home.

    Thadd looks thoughtful as memories begin to flood his mind.

    Anyway I guess the thought of sick children waiting on us to arrive kind of reminded me of home.


    [Flex Time=Responding to Lore’s comment about the cat] Bander glances down at the gnome as she makes obvious friends with the now purring cat. Something that almost looks like the start of a fond smile begins to slip onto his face before Bander gruffly clears his throat and says, “Ain’t nothin’ but a pestin’ ball of fur. For whatever reason the dang cat seems to respond to the name Eli in case you are interested, though stupid ball of fur seems to work about as well.” [/flextime]

    Bander rubs at his stubble covered jaw as his eyes wander from one of his new companions to the next. They don’t seem to be a bad lot. Might not be much use in a fight, but pleasant enough. Hell the gnome seems like she might even make good company and Eli likes her. Though the stupid cat liked the bar maid at the last tavern too but didn’t she get all huffy when I asked her upstairs, so there’s no accounting the cat’s damn taste. Heck the slim girl ain’t too bad lookin’ either if you like them all skinny like that. No this doesn’t seem like a bad group, not that they will ever hear me say as much to their faces.

    The one eyed man listens carefully to the briefing given by the Venture Captain and then slowly studies the list of taskings. In response to the questions and comments made by the others Bander slowly sucks at his teeth as if thinking deeply. “Well can’t say it matters much to me which we do first. They are all goin’ to be ugly I’d guess. If my years in service taught me one thing it was that the simplest soundin’ assignments were the ones most likely to get you killed. So when you are given a crap sandwich you have to eat, no point in delaying, you might as well just take the first bite and start swallowin’.” He reaches down and picks up his pack and adjusts the sword riding at his hip. “By the way, Bander Reese is the name. I use to be a soldier, but then some god or something decided to crap on me and now well I ain’t much more than an old man that has picked up a few useful tricks.”

    With an absolute sense of ownership and nonchalance that all cats seem to posses naturally, the large black and grey feline at Bander’s feet stretches and then proceeds to claw his way up the man’s right leg and side until it reaches the top of Bander’s pack. It then calmly settles down like a king upon a gilded throne and begins kneading and purring loudly. Grrrr…gods’ damn it cat. I told you if you keep doin’ that, one of these days I’m goin’ skin you and turn you into a damn hat. I don’t give one whit what your big sister might think of it.”
    +

    Grand Lodge

    HP 50/50 AC 19 Touch 13 Flat 17 (scimitar)+3, 1d4 (lt xbow) +5,1d6+0 F +6 R +4 W +8 INIT +5 Perc +11 CMB +3 CMD 15 MP 8/9 gnome cleric(theologian)/5
    skills:
    skills: Bluff +2, Diplomacy +9, Escape Artist +2, Heal +8, Know religion 5, Know planes +4 Perception +12, Profession (cook) +11, Sense Motive +4, Spellcraft +4, Stealth +3

    Oh yes I agree, the orphanage and its needs should absolutely come first, I just didn't want to seem to pushy, since I just met you all. Nice ta meetcha Bander and you too Eli."

    She bounds over the half-orc and grinz up at him. "I like books too, but I don't much like sequestering in the library, especially if the sun is up and bright. Nice ta meetcha too, Ahzrin."

    Lastly she heads over to Thaddeus and peers up at him. You're a quiet type, aren't you? Well my pleasure to meetcha, Thaddeus. I guess we're five now!

    Looking around Thaddeus at the rest of the group as well, she says, "Shall we head out to the temple and collect some medicine? Those sick children are waiting on us."

    She shifts her small pack on her back so it's a bit more comfortable and heads for the door, hoping the rest come with her. Someone else should take the lead here, but until they do, being as I'm small, I set the pace regardless.


    Male **Smuggler's Shiv Hex Map** Mad Scientest - Level Absolute **Smuggler's Shiv Editable Map**

    So to the orphanage?

    And it's not actually an orphanage it is a home for the sick... but you'll learn that.

    There is a cab driver (actually there are multiple outside) that can take you to your destination for 4 coppers, or you can walk.

    4 fit comfortably in a cab, so you might have to take 2, or the smaller can ride laps ;)

    Andoran

    Human/Fighter 4 - HP: 36/36, - AC: 22/T: 12/FF: 20 - CMD: 19 - F: +7 / R: +4/ W: +4 - Init: +2 - Perception: +9 - SM: +6

    Right then..to the Temple and then the orphanage. We'll do the books next friend. Thaddaeus nods to the Half Orc. Ahzrin...I think his name was?


    Watching the small bundle of gnome joy head to the door, Bander grunts and begins following. “Well why not? Just what I wanted today was to go to an orphanage to wipe the noses of some stinkin’ brats. Like I said, crap sandwich all around.”
    +

    Andoran

    Human/Fighter 4 - HP: 36/36, - AC: 22/T: 12/FF: 20 - CMD: 19 - F: +7 / R: +4/ W: +4 - Init: +2 - Perception: +9 - SM: +6

    Full of piss & vinegar this one is....just like Bill Tethers back home. Dad always got along with him well enough...

    Whether it's their noses or backsides that need wiping...I promise you that neither you nor I will take that on!

    Grand Lodge

    HP 50/50 AC 19 Touch 13 Flat 17 (scimitar)+3, 1d4 (lt xbow) +5,1d6+0 F +6 R +4 W +8 INIT +5 Perc +11 CMB +3 CMD 15 MP 8/9 gnome cleric(theologian)/5
    skills:
    skills: Bluff +2, Diplomacy +9, Escape Artist +2, Heal +8, Know religion 5, Know planes +4 Perception +12, Profession (cook) +11, Sense Motive +4, Spellcraft +4, Stealth +3

    "Oooh, a cab ride.. perfect... it's kinda cramped in there... but I can ride on someone's lap if you don't mind. Even with all my equipment, I don't weigh much." She smiles and winks as she says this and waits for the big folk to climb in.

    Qadira

    Female Half-Elf HP 26/26 AC 16 CMB +3 CMD 15 Touch 13 Flat 12 (Melee Weapon: +1 Rapier)+6;1d6+2 (Ranged: Short bow) +5;1d6+0 F +2 R +6 W +4 INIT +3 Perc +13 Rogue 3 - Sorc 1

    Shouldering her pack, she follows the others outside. "Well, beats walking," she says to the others. Putting on a smile, she looks up at the coachman, "Hey, you do group rates? I mean, it'll take two of you right? So how about seven copper for the both. I think that's more than fair, don't you?" She asks in rapid fire, barely giving the man a chance to look at her before she continues, "Thought so. Deal! Seven it is.. you drive a hard bargain!" as she reaches up for the coach's door.

    DM:
    Bluff check if needed
    1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18

    Grand Lodge

    HP 9/9 AC 14 CMD +12 Touch 12 Flat 12 (Punch Dagger)+0;1d4+X (Bomb 7/7)) +3;1d6+4 F +3 R +4 W +1 INIT +4 Perc +6 CMB +0 ; M Half-Orc Alchemist (Mindchemist)/1

    Ahzrin is a bit flustered as the wry sarcasm of Shilyn's tone sinks in. His mind churns trying to come up with a suitable response as the party makes it's preparations. Flummoxed, he chooses instead to pretend to have not heard the comment at all.

    Thrusting his shoulders back, he follows the others to the cab, trying not to think about the four silvers jingling together in a very lonely fashion in his belt pouch.

    Grand Lodge

    HP 50/50 AC 19 Touch 13 Flat 17 (scimitar)+3, 1d4 (lt xbow) +5,1d6+0 F +6 R +4 W +8 INIT +5 Perc +11 CMB +3 CMD 15 MP 8/9 gnome cleric(theologian)/5
    skills:
    skills: Bluff +2, Diplomacy +9, Escape Artist +2, Heal +8, Know religion 5, Know planes +4 Perception +12, Profession (cook) +11, Sense Motive +4, Spellcraft +4, Stealth +3

    and here i thought the Lodge was providing the cab lol

    When everyone else is inside the cab, Lore settles herself onto Bander's lap with the cat, if he'll have her. She likes the gruff ex-military guy for some reason - maybe it's the cat? - and gravitates toward him. "You'll love the Temple of the Shining Star. It's the most beautiful temple in all Absalom, maybe in all of Golarion, though I haven't seen any outside of the city, so I can't really say."


    Male **Smuggler's Shiv Hex Map** Mad Scientest - Level Absolute **Smuggler's Shiv Editable Map**

    You settle on an agreement (for just the one cab - I like the lap sitting option better, lol) and head off to the temple.

    Before you all smoosh into the cab, I need perception checks from everyone.

    Grand Lodge

    HP 50/50 AC 19 Touch 13 Flat 17 (scimitar)+3, 1d4 (lt xbow) +5,1d6+0 F +6 R +4 W +8 INIT +5 Perc +11 CMB +3 CMD 15 MP 8/9 gnome cleric(theologian)/5
    skills:
    skills: Bluff +2, Diplomacy +9, Escape Artist +2, Heal +8, Know religion 5, Know planes +4 Perception +12, Profession (cook) +11, Sense Motive +4, Spellcraft +4, Stealth +3

    [perception check] 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (13) + 10 = 23

    Andoran

    Human/Fighter 4 - HP: 36/36, - AC: 22/T: 12/FF: 20 - CMD: 19 - F: +7 / R: +4/ W: +4 - Init: +2 - Perception: +9 - SM: +6

    Perception 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12

    Qadira

    Female Half-Elf HP 26/26 AC 16 CMB +3 CMD 15 Touch 13 Flat 12 (Melee Weapon: +1 Rapier)+6;1d6+2 (Ranged: Short bow) +5;1d6+0 F +2 R +6 W +4 INIT +3 Perc +13 Rogue 3 - Sorc 1

    Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (6) + 10 = 16

    Grand Lodge

    HP 9/9 AC 14 CMD +12 Touch 12 Flat 12 (Punch Dagger)+0;1d4+X (Bomb 7/7)) +3;1d6+4 F +3 R +4 W +1 INIT +4 Perc +6 CMB +0 ; M Half-Orc Alchemist (Mindchemist)/1

    Perception = 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10


    Perception check: Bander - 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18
    Perception Check: Eli (the cat) - 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12

    +


    Male **Smuggler's Shiv Hex Map** Mad Scientest - Level Absolute **Smuggler's Shiv Editable Map**

    As Ahzrin is climbing in first, everyone else notices that someone on the other side of the road is watching them... He is watching until your eyes scan him, and then he (bluff 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5 ) rather obviously pretends to be reading a journal of some kind, still looking at you.

    Grand Lodge

    HP 50/50 AC 19 Touch 13 Flat 17 (scimitar)+3, 1d4 (lt xbow) +5,1d6+0 F +6 R +4 W +8 INIT +5 Perc +11 CMB +3 CMD 15 MP 8/9 gnome cleric(theologian)/5
    skills:
    skills: Bluff +2, Diplomacy +9, Escape Artist +2, Heal +8, Know religion 5, Know planes +4 Perception +12, Profession (cook) +11, Sense Motive +4, Spellcraft +4, Stealth +3

    Lore slightly nods towards the man across the street and says quietly, but just loud enough for all the party to hear, "We're being watched. I wonder if it's just the Lodge checking up on us... or something more sinister..." She trails off at the end as she realizes just as she says it that it really could be something more sinister and she shivers a little.

    "Well we should stay watchful as we complete our tasks... It's possible someone doesn't want one or more of these jobs completed."

    Andoran

    Human/Fighter 4 - HP: 36/36, - AC: 22/T: 12/FF: 20 - CMD: 19 - F: +7 / R: +4/ W: +4 - Init: +2 - Perception: +9 - SM: +6

    If the Lodge were watching us we wouldn't know it. That fellow was quite clumsy at his job.


    Bander ever so briefly lets his eyes wander over the area where the man is standing and then away. “Well now that we know what the fracking idiot looks like we can keep an eye out if he continues to follow us. Might be better to just keep a watch out for him then spook him now and have someone else followin’ us that we do not know.”

    I vote we move on with out a confrontation
    +

    Grand Lodge

    HP 50/50 AC 19 Touch 13 Flat 17 (scimitar)+3, 1d4 (lt xbow) +5,1d6+0 F +6 R +4 W +8 INIT +5 Perc +11 CMB +3 CMD 15 MP 8/9 gnome cleric(theologian)/5
    skills:
    skills: Bluff +2, Diplomacy +9, Escape Artist +2, Heal +8, Know religion 5, Know planes +4 Perception +12, Profession (cook) +11, Sense Motive +4, Spellcraft +4, Stealth +3

    "True, you have a point, all the more reason to be wary as we complete these tasks. Unless the rest of you think we should confront the fellow now and find out who he works for and why he was sent. I think I'm with Bander thinking that we should just keep an eye out for him and move on."


    Male **Smuggler's Shiv Hex Map** Mad Scientest - Level Absolute **Smuggler's Shiv Editable Map**

    So you all board in, in various states of "lap-sitting" and head to the Temple of the Shining Star. You mention to the driver that he wait for you, as you have more places to go, and toss him 2 cp more to wait.

    Ollysta Zadrian is waiting for you, and you are taken directly to her.

    She is a paladin of Sarenrae, who seems young in her years, but nonetheless she strides forward confidently and addresses the group in a strong, unwavering voice.

    “Thank the light of Sarenrae you have arrived! I knew Ambrus
    would come through for us in the Silver Crusade. I desperately
    need you to bring medicine to an orphanage and let me know
    if the headmistress, Gilga Baltwin, is deserving of our charity.
    Since our quest began, the needy have clamored for our aid,
    and I suspect some are abusing our generosity. It may sound
    cruel, but there are plenty of dishonest people out in the world
    eager for easy gold.
    “Do you know of the Silver Crusade? After discovering so
    many factions splintered the Society, a number of us banded
    together to proliferate the cause of charity and kindness using
    the Society’s resources. As it is said, ‘The Dawn brings new
    light’ and I’ve made it my life’s work to use our recent darkness
    to bring a new light to the world and to the Pathfinder Society.

    I apologize for straying off point. Will you bring this parcel
    of medicine to Auntie Baltwin’s Home for Recovery in the
    Eastgate district?”

    Qadira

    Female Half-Elf HP 26/26 AC 16 CMB +3 CMD 15 Touch 13 Flat 12 (Melee Weapon: +1 Rapier)+6;1d6+2 (Ranged: Short bow) +5;1d6+0 F +2 R +6 W +4 INIT +3 Perc +13 Rogue 3 - Sorc 1

    Shilyn nods in agreement with Thaddeus. "It was pretty inept. Maybe he wanted us to see him to throw us off our path? I'm with Bander and Lore. We ignore him, but keep our eyes open just in case."

    Her hand slips to the dagger on her side as she tests to make sure it's not pinned in the close confines of the coach.

    Andoran

    Human/Fighter 4 - HP: 36/36, - AC: 22/T: 12/FF: 20 - CMD: 19 - F: +7 / R: +4/ W: +4 - Init: +2 - Perception: +9 - SM: +6

    Thank you, and thank you for the fine work you do in service of those in need. Have you heard any rumors as to why Gilga might be undeserving of your aid?

    Grand Lodge

    HP 50/50 AC 19 Touch 13 Flat 17 (scimitar)+3, 1d4 (lt xbow) +5,1d6+0 F +6 R +4 W +8 INIT +5 Perc +11 CMB +3 CMD 15 MP 8/9 gnome cleric(theologian)/5
    skills:
    skills: Bluff +2, Diplomacy +9, Escape Artist +2, Heal +8, Know religion 5, Know planes +4 Perception +12, Profession (cook) +11, Sense Motive +4, Spellcraft +4, Stealth +3

    Lore bows slightly to Ollysta and eagerly answers, "Of course we'll carry the medicine for such a good cause, and attempt to determine if this Auntie Baltwin is earnestly working for the good of those she claims to be helping. It is an honor to be helping you, Mistress Zadrian. Blessings of Sarenrae to you."

    Lore holds out her hands to take the parcel, and is happy to carry it. unless it's too heavy for her, in which case she will hand it off to someone who seems stronger, like Thaddeus.

    "Any other instructions for us before we take our leave?"

    gah, ninja'd by Thaddeus' post, but still, she'd say pretty much the same thing, though she'd wait for a reply to THaddeus first.

    Qadira

    Female Half-Elf HP 26/26 AC 16 CMB +3 CMD 15 Touch 13 Flat 12 (Melee Weapon: +1 Rapier)+6;1d6+2 (Ranged: Short bow) +5;1d6+0 F +2 R +6 W +4 INIT +3 Perc +13 Rogue 3 - Sorc 1

    Standing more to the back of the others, Shilyn listens to the conversation. "Nothing wrong with easy coin," she mumbles under her breath crossing her arms over her chest.


    Male **Smuggler's Shiv Hex Map** Mad Scientest - Level Absolute **Smuggler's Shiv Editable Map**
    Thaddaeus Hawke wrote:
    Thank you, and thank you for the fine work you do in service of those in need. Have you heard any rumors as to why Gilga might be undeserving of your aid?

    "I have not heard of anything, but you should do your best to find out. She is a serious candidate, as she does seem to do wonders with the medicine. But we like to thoroughly "vet" the people that we do charities for.


    Male **Smuggler's Shiv Hex Map** Mad Scientest - Level Absolute **Smuggler's Shiv Editable Map**
    Lorelendral Teklet wrote:

    Lore bows slightly to Ollysta and eagerly answers, "Of course we'll carry the medicine for such a good cause, and attempt to determine if this Auntie Baltwin is earnestly working for the good of those she claims to be helping. It is an honor to be helping you, Mistress Zadrian. Blessings of Sarenrae to you."

    Lore holds out her hands to take the parcel, and is happy to carry it. unless it's too heavy for her, in which case she will hand it off to someone who seems stronger, like Thaddeus.

    "Any other instructions for us before we take our leave?"

    gah, ninja'd by Thaddeus' post, but still, she'd say pretty much the same thing, though she'd wait for a reply to THaddeus first.

    Sarenrae's blessing upon you, and upon you all. My only instruction is to find that, do not cause unduly ruckus to the area and the children.

    Cary yourselves as if I were there. And return when you are done.

    Are there any more questions about your task, or the Silver Crusade?

    Qadira

    Female Half-Elf HP 26/26 AC 16 CMB +3 CMD 15 Touch 13 Flat 12 (Melee Weapon: +1 Rapier)+6;1d6+2 (Ranged: Short bow) +5;1d6+0 F +2 R +6 W +4 INIT +3 Perc +13 Rogue 3 - Sorc 1
    Ollysta Zadrian wrote:
    Cary yourselves as if I were there. And return when you are done.

    "Well, there goes all my excitement," she muses, trying hard to keep her face neutral. For reasons she can't explain, the mere presence of the Paladin unsettles her. "Perhaps it's just his line of work compared to mine," she wonders and gives a shrug of her shoulders.

    She waits quietly as the others prepare to leave then turns and leads the procession outside.

    Andoran

    Human/Fighter 4 - HP: 36/36, - AC: 22/T: 12/FF: 20 - CMD: 19 - F: +7 / R: +4/ W: +4 - Init: +2 - Perception: +9 - SM: +6

    No unduly ruckus? Guess we'd best leave Bander in the carriage...

    It will be done. No more questions about the task...perhaps we can learn more about the Silver Crusade upon our return.


    Male **Smuggler's Shiv Hex Map** Mad Scientest - Level Absolute **Smuggler's Shiv Editable Map**

    So talk amongst yourselves about how you want to do this specific mission.

    Grand Lodge

    HP 50/50 AC 19 Touch 13 Flat 17 (scimitar)+3, 1d4 (lt xbow) +5,1d6+0 F +6 R +4 W +8 INIT +5 Perc +11 CMB +3 CMD 15 MP 8/9 gnome cleric(theologian)/5
    skills:
    skills: Bluff +2, Diplomacy +9, Escape Artist +2, Heal +8, Know religion 5, Know planes +4 Perception +12, Profession (cook) +11, Sense Motive +4, Spellcraft +4, Stealth +3

    I say there's not much to talk about... we follow the directions to the assignment and chat up Auntie Baltwin, maybe get a tour of her facility to help determine it's authenticity, deliver the medicine, and report back as quickly as possible. Since we only have 1 day to complete all 4 tasks, we have to make each one a relatively quick trip. Does anyone else have any ideas about how to vet Auntie Baltwin and her mission? I suppose while some of us deliver medicine and check out the place from inside, one or two might check out the neighbors and find out if the place is legit from the viewpoint of the locals.

    Andoran

    Human/Fighter 4 - HP: 36/36, - AC: 22/T: 12/FF: 20 - CMD: 19 - F: +7 / R: +4/ W: +4 - Init: +2 - Perception: +9 - SM: +6

    Safety in numbers...let's all talk to Auntie and, if we're not satisfied with how it turns out, we talk to some of her neighbors.

    Qadira

    Female Half-Elf HP 26/26 AC 16 CMB +3 CMD 15 Touch 13 Flat 12 (Melee Weapon: +1 Rapier)+6;1d6+2 (Ranged: Short bow) +5;1d6+0 F +2 R +6 W +4 INIT +3 Perc +13 Rogue 3 - Sorc 1

    Agreed.. stick together, interrogate..er..question Auntie and go from there.

    1 to 50 of 545 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
    Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Brayden's PFS First Steps: "In Service to Lore" - Group 2 All Messageboards

    Want to post a reply? Sign in.

    ©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.