Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

GM Brayden's PFS First Steps (Group 2): To Delve the Dungeon Deep (Inactive)

Game Master Brayden Green


51 to 100 of 476 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
The Exchange

Female Half-Elf HP 31/31 AC 16 CMB +4 CMD 17 Touch 13 Flat 12 (Melee Weapon: +1 Rapier)+6;1d6+2 (Ranged: Short bow) +5;1d6+0 F +2 R +6 W +5 INIT +3 Perc +14 Rogue 3 - Sorc 2

Catching Bander approaching the others, Shilyn makes her way over to greet him, blushing slightly at his compliment.

Shilyn laughs softly at Amnur's summary of the situation. "Don't let him fool you Bander. He's really Grumpypants," she says with a giggle.

"Glad to see you finally woke up to join us. By the way, this here," she continues pointing to Myl with her glass filled hand, "is Mylvwara. Myl, this is Bander. Don't let his gruff exterior fool you. He's really a softie at heart. Much like his kitty companion."

She reaches out a hand letting her long slender fingers scratch Eli behind his ear briefly.

Silver Crusade

Female Elf Wizard (Conjurer) 5 [hp27, AC12, Fort +2, Ref +6, Will +6, Init +2, Perception +10]

"Oh, that is a sweet little cat. I hope it doesn't mind me; I probably reek of fox to a cat's sensitive nose. I once read that they're sense of smell is fourteen times more powerful than a human's."

I pause for a second to take in Bander's bearing, then extend an arm for a soldier's clasp: I'm Mylvwara, you can call me Mylie: Well met. You look like a proper pathfinder. Gnarled old fellows like this are usually dropping off reports in the archive, not dancing at parties.


Male **Smuggler's Shiv Hex Map** Mad Scientest - Level Absolute **Smuggler's Shiv Editable Map**
Mylvwara Elberion wrote:

I scowl slightly st talk of the men's ineptitude Don't they realise what they're doing? Tonight could really help us to get ahead in the society.

Then I switch to elvish
** spoiler omitted **

As a waiter passes I whisk a glass of pearlescent wine from his serving tray and give it an experimental sip, Oh my, you have to try this: peaches and lemonglass...

I scan the crowd for important pathfinders [dice=perception]1d20+4

Literally all the Pathfinder venture captains are there, except Grandmaster Torch and Guaril, who isn't officialy a member of the society, and also isn't officially someone that you want wandering around at an upscale party trying to make bets with everyone there.


Male **Smuggler's Shiv Hex Map** Mad Scientest - Level Absolute **Smuggler's Shiv Editable Map**
Brayden Green wrote:

As if in answer to Shilyn's wondering about the host, someone approaches the newly former group and says - in heavily accented common - "The host will see you now. Prepare yourselves and follow me. "

You are escorted past several armed guards and invited into Amara Li’s private study, where you find her seated on a reed mat before a low table
set with an exquisite porcelain tea set. She motions for
the Pathfinders to sit with her around the table, and once
the door is closed behind you and you have taken your
seats, begins talking in a low, hushed voice without even
the hint of a Tian accent:

“Well met, Pathfinders, and welcome to the Lantern Lodge.
I hope you find the Snapdragon Festival and my hospitality
worthy of your time and energy. I have not brought you here
for mere pleasantries, however, and wish to ask you to partake
a dangerous mission on my behalf.

“Long ago, one of my most esteemed ancestors, who was
rich in power but poor in sense, gave a gift to a foreign prince,
a gift that prince did not deserve and my foolish ancestor had
no right to give—a ceremonial jade katana. At the time the
gift was sent, its recipient was invading this island. He laid
siege to Absalom from his fortress in the foothills of the
Kortos Mounts. Like those who came before
him, the warlord failed to take Absalom and
perished in the attempt. On the very day of
his defeat, his castle crumbled to dust in a
violent earthquake and has been lost to the
centuries ever since. My family’s heirloom
was lost with it.

“A recent report by a group of Pathfinders gives
me hope that they have finally found the ruin, and I
might finally recover my family’s treasure. I’m looking
for an intrepid group to retrieve it for me,
and I’m hoping that is you. The fame and
wealth you will doubtlessly recover will
bring you much honor within the Society,
and if you deliver the katana to me, you
will have my favor as you begin your careers
as full agents of the Pathfinder Society.”

Let me be clear: The quest you would partake is as members of the Pathfinder Society, but the errand would be a personal favor to me, and would be accepted as such. Getting the katana back into my family's posession would mean more than you can ever know, and such a favor would be treated as such.

Liberty's Edge

Human/Fighter 5 - HP: 44/44, - AC: 22/T: 12/FF: 20 - CMD: 20 - F: +7 / R: +4/ W: +4 - Init: +2 - Perception: +10 - SM: +7

"Can you tell us more about this ruin? Is it far from here?"

Grand Lodge

HP 50/50 AC 19 Touch 13 Flat 17 (scimitar)+3, 1d4 (lt xbow) +5,1d6+0 F +6 R +4 W +8 INIT +5 Perc +11 CMB +3 CMD 15 MP 8/9 gnome cleric(theologian)/5
skills:
skills: Bluff +2, Diplomacy +9, Escape Artist +2, Heal +8, Know religion 5, Know planes +4 Perception +12, Profession (cook) +11, Sense Motive +4, Spellcraft +4, Stealth +3

Lore watches Amara Li carefully as she talks, listening intently all the while. When the Tian woman is done speaking, Lore nods vigorously and without waiting for the others, speaks, perhaps a bit prematurely.

"I'm of course eager to undertake your task. We would need to know the location of the ruin. And anything else you might know about what we will face there."

Lore blushes suddenly as she realizes she's spoken up before consulting the others...

"Of course, I have to confer with my companions first." She looks to the others with a quirky smile and a questioning look.

Oh please say you want to do this.... it sounds exciting and interesting. Going into a real ruin! Oh joyous day!


Male **Smuggler's Shiv Hex Map** Mad Scientest - Level Absolute **Smuggler's Shiv Editable Map**

I know nothing of the ruin, or the dangers that may or may not be there. I do know that it is located in the cairnlands, here. she marks it on the map. I only know that this is the ruin that my katana was last seen and that it is precious to my family.

The other venture captains might be of more use in this area, as they know about the area and might have heard more. You are welcome to rejoin the party, and try the apple blossoms. They are one of my favorites. Do you have any more questions for me?

Grand Lodge

HP 50/50 AC 19 Touch 13 Flat 17 (scimitar)+3, 1d4 (lt xbow) +5,1d6+0 F +6 R +4 W +8 INIT +5 Perc +11 CMB +3 CMD 15 MP 8/9 gnome cleric(theologian)/5
skills:
skills: Bluff +2, Diplomacy +9, Escape Artist +2, Heal +8, Know religion 5, Know planes +4 Perception +12, Profession (cook) +11, Sense Motive +4, Spellcraft +4, Stealth +3

Lore looks puzzled for a moment and bites her lip... looks at Amara Li with a suddenly abashed expression and blushes. She shakes her head slowly. "No, ma'am, thank you for putting your trust in us. We'll do our best to find your heirloom."

I hate to admit my ignorance, but I have no idea what a katana is. Hopefully one of the venture captains will be able to enlighten us.

She shrugs a little and curtsies slightly.

Silver Crusade

Paladin (Stonelord) / 4
Stats:
HP 48/48 AC 23 Touch 12 Flat 22 CMD 22 DR 2/Adamntne | Flail+7 (1d10+3/19-20/x2), Waraxe+8 (1d10+4/20/x3) Sling+5 (1d4+3/20/x2) F+6 R+2 W+3 INIT+1 Perc+1 CMB +7

Earlier at the party, meeting Mylvwara
He was keeping an eye out for any more smart mouthed cowards while the others played nice, but when Mylvwara says something about the cat, Amnur whips his head around. "Now just a gold-durned minute! How, by Torags fuzzy... beard, would anyone know cats smell 14 times better than a human? Put 14 humans in a room and toss a cat in there, and see which party finds the pastry first?" He starts to chortle to himself, his armor clanging as his body shakes, "No disrespect Myl, but that's plain loony!" He continues to replay the statement over in his mind, quietly mouthy the words, and laughing each time. No RL opinions at work here, purely RP, honest! :)

With Amara Li
When asked if they'll help Amnur scoffs loudly, "Course we'll do it! What you think we came here for the food? Just points us in the right direction, and we'll slaughter any foe that gets in our way!" He stares off into the distance a moment, imagining scenes of glorious battle, and then remembers his question. "Uh, yes'm - just one question- how do you manage get the pigs to eat those chickens? Bacon wrapped chicken, now that's a man's meal! HaHA!"

Silver Crusade

Female Elf Wizard (Conjurer) 5 [hp27, AC12, Fort +2, Ref +6, Will +6, Init +2, Perception +10]

Earlier, to Amnur
I cock a curious ear: Oh, careful research can unearth all kinds of fascinating information. I do believe that they were assessing how cats could pick up a scent trail that had faded to human nostrils, and even detect food smells before the researchers knew the food was there. I'm sure I could dig out the book for you... it had a fascinating chapter on firepelt mating activity.
Hmm. maybe he's never visited the libraries.

To Amara Li
I bow respectfully to our host and address her in Tian:

Tian:
Thankyou for honouring us with your request. We will not let you down.

Right, better see what we can learn: maybe Ollysta Zadrian knows more about the Cairnlands.

Do I know anything? knowledge (history): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24

The Exchange

Female Half-Elf HP 31/31 AC 16 CMB +4 CMD 17 Touch 13 Flat 12 (Melee Weapon: +1 Rapier)+6;1d6+2 (Ranged: Short bow) +5;1d6+0 F +2 R +6 W +5 INIT +3 Perc +14 Rogue 3 - Sorc 2

Shilyn listens intently as Lady Li lays out her plans. After a moment's thought, she reaches up to push her hair back from her check and asks, "My Lady, it is most gracious of you to invite such newcomers as us to such an auspicious affair and for that we are most grateful. I pray we did not cause much of a stir."

Taping her lip with her fingertip, she continues, "I, for one, would relish the opportunity you present however, the one question I do have, is why you would place such a trust in us over all of these captains?"

Looking at the others she continues, "Tis a chance of a lifetime, and we are grateful and will do our best not to disappoint."


Male **Smuggler's Shiv Hex Map** Mad Scientest - Level Absolute **Smuggler's Shiv Editable Map**

Oh, you know the language of the ancients? Very well done!

What Myl knows:
The cairnlands are basically a desert land, and many many people came trying to conquer the city of Absalom. They would make fortresses and mini-cities as relays. Rumor is that one of them was brought down in an earthquake, just after losing the final surge to the city. There is a rumor that it was brought down in rage, by magics. Because of that, there is little to no doubt that the place would be haunted, with people being buried against their own will.

Grand Lodge

HP 50/50 AC 19 Touch 13 Flat 17 (scimitar)+3, 1d4 (lt xbow) +5,1d6+0 F +6 R +4 W +8 INIT +5 Perc +11 CMB +3 CMD 15 MP 8/9 gnome cleric(theologian)/5
skills:
skills: Bluff +2, Diplomacy +9, Escape Artist +2, Heal +8, Know religion 5, Know planes +4 Perception +12, Profession (cook) +11, Sense Motive +4, Spellcraft +4, Stealth +3

Lore lofts a brow at Myl when she speaks in Tian, then smiles. Ah good, we have been able to impress the lady Amara. I'm glad someone here speaks her language. Perhaps then, Myl will know what a katana is.

Silver Crusade

Female Elf Wizard (Conjurer) 5 [hp27, AC12, Fort +2, Ref +6, Will +6, Init +2, Perception +10]

Speaking to my fellow novice pathfinders.

The cairnlands live up to their name, a tomb for the armies that have tried to invade Absalom and failed. If we're going to get this sword back then we'll have to be prepared for the restless spirits of soldiers who died in this earthquake.

When we can mingle again.
I seek out Ollysta and explain our quest, struggling to mask my desire to earn her admiration and approval: Do you have any advice for a pathfinder heading into the cairnlands? Or any ideas about this treasure?

Silver Crusade

Paladin (Stonelord) / 4
Stats:
HP 48/48 AC 23 Touch 12 Flat 22 CMD 22 DR 2/Adamntne | Flail+7 (1d10+3/19-20/x2), Waraxe+8 (1d10+4/20/x3) Sling+5 (1d4+3/20/x2) F+6 R+2 W+3 INIT+1 Perc+1 CMB +7

Group-speak
Amnur gets slightly indignant, "I've never met a spirit that wouldn't fall to my ferocity, course I haven't met many spirits..."

Mingle time
Seeing Mylvwara engage their Pathfinder leader in conversation, Amnur moves to join her, managing to catch a bit of the conversation, "Did Myl here explain what we're gonna be up to? Let me guess, the gods want us to steal the katana to save mankind?"

Grand Lodge

HP 50/50 AC 19 Touch 13 Flat 17 (scimitar)+3, 1d4 (lt xbow) +5,1d6+0 F +6 R +4 W +8 INIT +5 Perc +11 CMB +3 CMD 15 MP 8/9 gnome cleric(theologian)/5
skills:
skills: Bluff +2, Diplomacy +9, Escape Artist +2, Heal +8, Know religion 5, Know planes +4 Perception +12, Profession (cook) +11, Sense Motive +4, Spellcraft +4, Stealth +3

Oh... it's a SWORD... well that clears that up... Now I don't have to show how ignorant I am not knowing what a katana is.

Lore follows Myl over to Ollysta and stands patiently listening to her question and even more avidly, awaiting the answer. She frowns a little at Amnur's outburst, but smirks while doing so, showing she isn't as annoyed as the little frown might indicate... more just surprised by Amnur's suggestion... that this mission might be more than it seemed on the surface.


”Well it sounds like another frackin’ mess we are bein’ sent to clean up.” Giving Shilyn a quick grin, “Hope you are packing a shovel somewhere in that pretty dress, cause I’m guessin’ we are about to jump into another pile shyte.” Bander clears his throat noisily and is about to spit the resulting phlegm onto the ground when he quickly glances around, thinks better of it and has to swallow the mess. “Gah! By the gods’ shriveled balls, it ain’t like we are doin’ anythin’ else, so why not go get ourselves killed in some ruins.”

+

The Exchange

Female Half-Elf HP 31/31 AC 16 CMB +4 CMD 17 Touch 13 Flat 12 (Melee Weapon: +1 Rapier)+6;1d6+2 (Ranged: Short bow) +5;1d6+0 F +2 R +6 W +5 INIT +3 Perc +14 Rogue 3 - Sorc 2

Laughing at Bander's outburst, she tugs at the front of her dress and looks down then looks at the grizzled veteran and says, "Nope, no shovel. Just me." Giving the man a wink, she continues, "At least it's no snotty nosed arses.. just dead ones this time."

She then turns to the others. "Let's go find some of that apple stuff Lady Li was talking about then ask a few of the venture captains about the Carinlands. Anybody else hungry?"

Silver Crusade

Paladin (Stonelord) / 4
Stats:
HP 48/48 AC 23 Touch 12 Flat 22 CMD 22 DR 2/Adamntne | Flail+7 (1d10+3/19-20/x2), Waraxe+8 (1d10+4/20/x3) Sling+5 (1d4+3/20/x2) F+6 R+2 W+3 INIT+1 Perc+1 CMB +7

Amnur's eyes widen as Bander spouts off, and turns to Lore - who has just approached, "The man has skill, no denying it."

Hearing Shi's question, he turns and states simply, "Of course, I'm a dwarf." as if it's the most obvious thing in the world.

Diplomacy for Venture Captain Ollystra if needed: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17


Male **Smuggler's Shiv Hex Map** Mad Scientest - Level Absolute **Smuggler's Shiv Editable Map**

Ollystra is dressed in some of the most ... beautiful... armor that you have seen. It has to be thousands upon thousands of gold. It is strange enough that it looks like armor, but yet, it belongs at this party in this setting.

She recommends that you bring plenty of supplies, as the cairnlands can be an unforgiving place. The place you are looking for is not much more than a days ride, though. So the main thing is to go ready for whatever you might find, and to have anything at hand for which a days journey wouldn't do the trick, as much as you possibly can.

As to *what* is in this particular ruin, she isn't exactly sure... but she is sure that it won't be anything "of the light" as she puts it.

Just as you are about to bid your "thank you's" to Ollystra, Major Colson Madris strides up and asks for you to all gather around. It is clear that he is used to being listened to, and that he might even talk even if no one else was in the room - just to hear the sound of his own voice...

I hear you are going into the ruins in the Cairnlands?

Best of luck outside the city walls, though you look like sturdy enough adventurers. Perhaps not Eagle Knight material, not yet, but qualified for the work of a Pathfinder nonetheless.

“A word of warning, though, friends—beware the walking
dead. The crumbling ruins surrounding the city are rife with
them, and you’re likely to run into more than your fair share
over the course of your career. Undeath and the undead are
more than just a physical peril, however. Undeath is the worst
kind of slavery. And it should be eradicated like all servitude,
whether to aristocracy or to mental control. Being enslaved
to the flesh beyond when Pharasma calls one’s soul to the
Boneyard is a fate I wouldn’t wish upon my greatest enemy.

So while you plumb the depths of Asad’s Keep, remember your
solemn duty to your fellow man—both living and dead. Any
undead you encounter along the way should be freed of their
earthly shell.

“If you prove your dedication to freedom, the
resources of Andoran will be at your disposal in
your future endeavors.”

Grand Lodge

HP 50/50 AC 19 Touch 13 Flat 17 (scimitar)+3, 1d4 (lt xbow) +5,1d6+0 F +6 R +4 W +8 INIT +5 Perc +11 CMB +3 CMD 15 MP 8/9 gnome cleric(theologian)/5
skills:
skills: Bluff +2, Diplomacy +9, Escape Artist +2, Heal +8, Know religion 5, Know planes +4 Perception +12, Profession (cook) +11, Sense Motive +4, Spellcraft +4, Stealth +3

Lore listens to Major Madris intently, nodding her head emphatically when he mentions eradicating the undead in the ruins.

"Thank you for the warning, sir and rest assured we will do our best to free any undead we find from their unholy state."

Silver Crusade

Paladin (Stonelord) / 4
Stats:
HP 48/48 AC 23 Touch 12 Flat 22 CMD 22 DR 2/Adamntne | Flail+7 (1d10+3/19-20/x2), Waraxe+8 (1d10+4/20/x3) Sling+5 (1d4+3/20/x2) F+6 R+2 W+3 INIT+1 Perc+1 CMB +7

Amnur thinks of several snide and snarky remarks, but instead just pastes a fat smile on his face and grins stupidly. Beware the walking dead, what's the globster think we're gonna do? Hug us some zombies?"

Liberty's Edge

Human/Fighter 5 - HP: 44/44, - AC: 22/T: 12/FF: 20 - CMD: 20 - F: +7 / R: +4/ W: +4 - Init: +2 - Perception: +10 - SM: +7

When Madris appears stands at attention and salutes the Major. "Thank you for the warning sir. Any undead we run into shall be freed of their burden."

Silver Crusade

Female Elf Wizard (Conjurer) 5 [hp27, AC12, Fort +2, Ref +6, Will +6, Init +2, Perception +10]

Hmm, much as I thought, I shall have to choose my spells carefully.

Thankyou, both of you, I believe Durvin Gest himself wrote that: "Preparation should be regarded as a matter of course, as automatic and natural as eating and sleeping. Never adventure without a full belly, a good night's sleep and the right kit."

I grin, pleased to have remembered to words of the great man whose statue stands in the Great Lodge.

Don't forget the golf bag, fighting-types!

The Exchange

Female Half-Elf HP 31/31 AC 16 CMB +4 CMD 17 Touch 13 Flat 12 (Melee Weapon: +1 Rapier)+6;1d6+2 (Ranged: Short bow) +5;1d6+0 F +2 R +6 W +5 INIT +3 Perc +14 Rogue 3 - Sorc 2

Shilyn listens intently to the major, making mental notes of what he's saying. When he finishes, she looks over at him and asks, "Well major, it seems you have experience with the undead. Tell me, how do you put down something that is already dead? Anything in particular we need to know?"

She locks her eyes upon his awaiting his reponse wishing to draw on his exerience.


Male **Smuggler's Shiv Hex Map** Mad Scientest - Level Absolute **Smuggler's Shiv Editable Map**

Holy cow Paizo site... Glitch much?

So I had a long post that got eaten apparently.

Basically he just says stab it it's fleshy and crush if it's bony.

Silver Crusade

Paladin (Stonelord) / 4
Stats:
HP 48/48 AC 23 Touch 12 Flat 22 CMD 22 DR 2/Adamntne | Flail+7 (1d10+3/19-20/x2), Waraxe+8 (1d10+4/20/x3) Sling+5 (1d4+3/20/x2) F+6 R+2 W+3 INIT+1 Perc+1 CMB +7

Amnur bows his head, responding in his gravely voice, "You are wise, great-one."

Grand Lodge

HP 50/50 AC 19 Touch 13 Flat 17 (scimitar)+3, 1d4 (lt xbow) +5,1d6+0 F +6 R +4 W +8 INIT +5 Perc +11 CMB +3 CMD 15 MP 8/9 gnome cleric(theologian)/5
skills:
skills: Bluff +2, Diplomacy +9, Escape Artist +2, Heal +8, Know religion 5, Know planes +4 Perception +12, Profession (cook) +11, Sense Motive +4, Spellcraft +4, Stealth +3

Lore purses her lips to hide the smile that if it broke out on her face, might lead to a laugh. Basic first year of clerical training stuff. Is Amnur being serious or sarcastic? No matter, still good for the others to know if they didn't already.

Silver Crusade

Female Elf Wizard (Conjurer) 5 [hp27, AC12, Fort +2, Ref +6, Will +6, Init +2, Perception +10]

How easy is travel across the cairnlands? Will we need a guide? Or horses?

The Exchange

Female Half-Elf HP 31/31 AC 16 CMB +4 CMD 17 Touch 13 Flat 12 (Melee Weapon: +1 Rapier)+6;1d6+2 (Ranged: Short bow) +5;1d6+0 F +2 R +6 W +5 INIT +3 Perc +14 Rogue 3 - Sorc 2

Shilyn lifts an eyebrow at Lore's attempt to hide a laugh, probably at her expense, and with an innocent look mumbles, "Well.. I didn't know.." and promptly sticks her tongue out at the Gnome in friendly jest.


Bander grunts in distaste at the mention of undead. Damn, my little tricks have proven less than useful against the walking dead in the past. If we are going to be running into those frackers I'd better figure out something else to do.

Bander looks in Amnur's direction and rolls his one good eye at the punctilious Major and his less than illuminating speech.

+

Grand Lodge

HP 50/50 AC 19 Touch 13 Flat 17 (scimitar)+3, 1d4 (lt xbow) +5,1d6+0 F +6 R +4 W +8 INIT +5 Perc +11 CMB +3 CMD 15 MP 8/9 gnome cleric(theologian)/5
skills:
skills: Bluff +2, Diplomacy +9, Escape Artist +2, Heal +8, Know religion 5, Know planes +4 Perception +12, Profession (cook) +11, Sense Motive +4, Spellcraft +4, Stealth +3

was actually suppressing a laugh at the comment 'stab it if it's fleshy and crush it if it's bony' - basic clerical training put very succinctly

Lore winks back at Shi's stuck out tongue and grins at her... then turns her attention back to the others.

The Exchange

Female Half-Elf HP 31/31 AC 16 CMB +4 CMD 17 Touch 13 Flat 12 (Melee Weapon: +1 Rapier)+6;1d6+2 (Ranged: Short bow) +5;1d6+0 F +2 R +6 W +5 INIT +3 Perc +14 Rogue 3 - Sorc 2
Lorelendral Teklet wrote:
was actually suppressing a laugh at the comment 'stab it if it's fleshy and crush it if it's bony' - basic clerical training put very succinctly

Kind of figured.. but Shi has this complex about looking stupid in front of her friends (especially with her intelligence).. so his reply (to her mind, very condescending) and Lore's stiffled laughter.. well.. she thinks everyone's making fun of her. Byproduct of growing up with Elves where everyone made fun of her and her twin sister ;)

Grand Lodge

HP 50/50 AC 19 Touch 13 Flat 17 (scimitar)+3, 1d4 (lt xbow) +5,1d6+0 F +6 R +4 W +8 INIT +5 Perc +11 CMB +3 CMD 15 MP 8/9 gnome cleric(theologian)/5
skills:
skills: Bluff +2, Diplomacy +9, Escape Artist +2, Heal +8, Know religion 5, Know planes +4 Perception +12, Profession (cook) +11, Sense Motive +4, Spellcraft +4, Stealth +3

Lore will have to get to know Shi a lot better - Lore has a twin too!

Liberty's Edge

Human/Fighter 5 - HP: 44/44, - AC: 22/T: 12/FF: 20 - CMD: 20 - F: +7 / R: +4/ W: +4 - Init: +2 - Perception: +10 - SM: +7

Thaddaeus watches the exchange between Lore & Shi. Perhaps other men understand women...

Silver Crusade

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Paladin (Stonelord) / 4
Stats:
HP 48/48 AC 23 Touch 12 Flat 22 CMD 22 DR 2/Adamntne | Flail+7 (1d10+3/19-20/x2), Waraxe+8 (1d10+4/20/x3) Sling+5 (1d4+3/20/x2) F+6 R+2 W+3 INIT+1 Perc+1 CMB +7

While their interplay goes completely over Amnur's short, bald head -lost in his own thoughts. I wonder which undead I'll crunchy-stab first? Hmmm.

The Exchange

Female Half-Elf HP 31/31 AC 16 CMB +4 CMD 17 Touch 13 Flat 12 (Melee Weapon: +1 Rapier)+6;1d6+2 (Ranged: Short bow) +5;1d6+0 F +2 R +6 W +5 INIT +3 Perc +14 Rogue 3 - Sorc 2

Looking at the warriors with her, Shilyn taps her lips with a long, slender finger before she asks, "So.. which one of you is going to help me find a crushy thing? All I have is stabby ones." With a giggle she bats her eyes a bit before shooting Lore and Myl a wink.

Liberty's Edge

Human/Fighter 5 - HP: 44/44, - AC: 22/T: 12/FF: 20 - CMD: 20 - F: +7 / R: +4/ W: +4 - Init: +2 - Perception: +10 - SM: +7

"Hmmm...perhaps I should pick up a mace before we go...or just give them a taste of my gauntlet!"

Grand Lodge

HP 50/50 AC 19 Touch 13 Flat 17 (scimitar)+3, 1d4 (lt xbow) +5,1d6+0 F +6 R +4 W +8 INIT +5 Perc +11 CMB +3 CMD 15 MP 8/9 gnome cleric(theologian)/5
skills:
skills: Bluff +2, Diplomacy +9, Escape Artist +2, Heal +8, Know religion 5, Know planes +4 Perception +12, Profession (cook) +11, Sense Motive +4, Spellcraft +4, Stealth +3

"Yup, I'm going to have to pick up a small mace too. Something my size of course." She smiles up at Shi. "Wanna go shopping?"

The Exchange

Female Half-Elf HP 31/31 AC 16 CMB +4 CMD 17 Touch 13 Flat 12 (Melee Weapon: +1 Rapier)+6;1d6+2 (Ranged: Short bow) +5;1d6+0 F +2 R +6 W +5 INIT +3 Perc +14 Rogue 3 - Sorc 2

Looking down at her Gnome friend (after all, she's a bit shorter after all), Shilyn nods at Lore. "Sounds like a plan. Shall we?" she says as she prepares to go look for a suitable weapon for boney undead.

Grand Lodge

HP 50/50 AC 19 Touch 13 Flat 17 (scimitar)+3, 1d4 (lt xbow) +5,1d6+0 F +6 R +4 W +8 INIT +5 Perc +11 CMB +3 CMD 15 MP 8/9 gnome cleric(theologian)/5
skills:
skills: Bluff +2, Diplomacy +9, Escape Artist +2, Heal +8, Know religion 5, Know planes +4 Perception +12, Profession (cook) +11, Sense Motive +4, Spellcraft +4, Stealth +3

"It's a little late for shopping tonight, besides it might be rude if we left the party too early. We can hit the weapon shop in the morning, I'm sure. It will take at least a day to accoutre ourselves for a trip to the Cairnlands."

Unless, of course, we have stayed our welcome and it's time for us to leave, in which case, she'd still suggest shopping in the morning but would have left out the part about leaving the party too early. She'll try to judge that with a sense motive. 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13 Ok, not a great roll, but not horrible, what is the situation, if Lore has a clue, that is.

Silver Crusade

Female Elf Wizard (Conjurer) 5 [hp27, AC12, Fort +2, Ref +6, Will +6, Init +2, Perception +10]

With the discussion of weaponry, I shuffle my feet and look a little uncomfortable. I'm not really much use with the flailing about with swords and the like. I hope I don't have to buy a mace. Or a flail.

Perhaps we should arrange a place to meet in the morning? I suppose I could buy some holy water from somewhere in the Ascendant Court, the Temple of Nethys is always open in the morning.

As the band strikes up I look to Bander, Amnur and Thaddaeus, more in hope than expectation: So, would any of you care to dance?

Liberty's Edge

Human/Fighter 5 - HP: 44/44, - AC: 22/T: 12/FF: 20 - CMD: 20 - F: +7 / R: +4/ W: +4 - Init: +2 - Perception: +10 - SM: +7

With a blush Thaddaeus looks to Mylvwara. His sense of politeness won't allow him to decline...yet his embarrassment has caused his face to flush beyond pink and toward a deep, rich red.

"I'm not much of a dancer...but I'll give it a go. I'll try to be mindful of your toes!"

Silver Crusade

Female Elf Wizard (Conjurer) 5 [hp27, AC12, Fort +2, Ref +6, Will +6, Init +2, Perception +10]

Well, neither am I but everyone's had a few drinks and it is so much fun.

I lead Thaddaeus to the dancefloor,
perform(dance) untrained: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21


Male **Smuggler's Shiv Hex Map** Mad Scientest - Level Absolute **Smuggler's Shiv Editable Map**
Mylvwara Elberion wrote:
How easy is travel across the cairnlands? Will we need a guide? Or horses?

Horses, yes. A guide? Probably not. Finding the ruins is easy, as there are many... Finding the right one may be a slight bit trickier if none of you have survival...


Male **Smuggler's Shiv Hex Map** Mad Scientest - Level Absolute **Smuggler's Shiv Editable Map**
Chrystrom wrote:

Bander grunts in distaste at the mention of undead. Damn, my little tricks have proven less than useful against the walking dead in the past. If we are going to be running into those frackers I'd better figure out something else to do.

Bander looks in Amnur's direction and rolls his one good eye at the punctilious Major and his less than illuminating speech.

+

Strictly OOC and meta, you will find that this is the anti-witch session of the campaign... Not to make you lose interest or anything. I ran a buddy through this session, and there were multiple instances where he could do nothing. Don't be surprised by that. I would come equipped with a couple back up plans, if I were a witch... :)


Male **Smuggler's Shiv Hex Map** Mad Scientest - Level Absolute **Smuggler's Shiv Editable Map**

Ugh. Work has been ferocious and I have the in-laws in town, staying with us. Gonna be a little hit and miss this weekend, I'm afraid... Not completely silent, but more than I'd like.

As the party starts to wind down, you are approached by a mild mannered man that you recognize as the venture captain of the Qadira faction: a well-dressed Keleshite man named Trade Prince Aaqir al’Hakam. His mannerisms are softspoken and subtle, quite the contrast to Major Maldris’s ostentatious pomposity. He draws you to the side, away from any crowds or activity, and addresses you in a slow, level voice with a strong Kelish accent.

“Like a fast-spoken djinn, I’ll get to the quick. I know where
you are going. House Damaq of Qadira claim the ruin, but we
are willing to allow you access for the price of a small deed
easily accomplished during your adventure. You will be well compensated,
I assure you, for profits are most rewarding
when shared. I assume treasure-seekers like yourselves are
interested in such a proposition?”

Without waiting for an answer, he continues, his eyes intent
and his posture rigid.

“The ruin is Qadiran, which is why we claim it, and we are
willing to defend it, but there are really only certain things left
in Asad’s Keep we are interested in: trade agreements, of which
we believe there to be many within the ruins. All we ask that
you do is to turn over all trade agreements you find to us
as soon as you return to Absalom, as we will be able
to hold the signers to them even centuries after
their signing.

“The satrap of Qadira—nay, the entire
Padishah Empire of Kelesh—has much to offer
the Pathfinder Society, and I personally have no
qualms about sharing those resources with you,
specifically. Shall we shake on this agreement?”

The Exchange

Female Half-Elf HP 31/31 AC 16 CMB +4 CMD 17 Touch 13 Flat 12 (Melee Weapon: +1 Rapier)+6;1d6+2 (Ranged: Short bow) +5;1d6+0 F +2 R +6 W +5 INIT +3 Perc +14 Rogue 3 - Sorc 2

Shilyn's eyebrow raises at the Kelishite's words. Careful to keep her face from betraying any emotion, she looks at him and starts speaking.

Kelish:

"May the wind always blow favorably for House Damaq. It will be an honor to turn such agreements as I may acquire over to you. For the good of Qadira of course. Standard rate applies."

"There is a man named Guaril here in town you may wish to speak to. He has a warehouse near the docks where goods come in. You may also find an affable agreement there as well. I think you will find him most agreeable to do business with."

With a smile and a slight bow, she reverts to the common tongue. "May you always have salt and water wherever the desert wind may blow."

Grand Lodge

HP 50/50 AC 19 Touch 13 Flat 17 (scimitar)+3, 1d4 (lt xbow) +5,1d6+0 F +6 R +4 W +8 INIT +5 Perc +11 CMB +3 CMD 15 MP 8/9 gnome cleric(theologian)/5
skills:
skills: Bluff +2, Diplomacy +9, Escape Artist +2, Heal +8, Know religion 5, Know planes +4 Perception +12, Profession (cook) +11, Sense Motive +4, Spellcraft +4, Stealth +3

Lore looks from Shi to the venture captain and back again, wondering what she just said to him... then shrugs.

"I don't see why that can't be done. Should we find any that is."

She looks to the others to make sure that there are no objections, and if none, she holds out her hand to captain.

Silver Crusade

Paladin (Stonelord) / 4
Stats:
HP 48/48 AC 23 Touch 12 Flat 22 CMD 22 DR 2/Adamntne | Flail+7 (1d10+3/19-20/x2), Waraxe+8 (1d10+4/20/x3) Sling+5 (1d4+3/20/x2) F+6 R+2 W+3 INIT+1 Perc+1 CMB +7

Amnur looks at the well-dressed man, "If we find any papers we'll be sure to save you some." nodding his approval to Lore.

51 to 100 of 476 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Brayden's PFS First Steps (Group 2): To Delve the Dungeon Deep All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.