Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

GM Brayden's PFS First Steps (Group 1): To Delve the Dungeon Deep (Inactive)

Game Master Brayden Green


1 to 50 of 124 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | next > last >>

Male **Smuggler's Shiv Hex Map** Mad Scientest - Level Absolute **Smuggler's Shiv Editable Map**

New thread here.

New players MUST read the first thread

Dagbur will be jumping over to the other group, so I am opening it up to 2 more players.

Game will start after the "buying" phase. The buying phase will start on the discussion tab.

Silver Crusade

Male Human Caviler/1 HP 13/13 AC 18 CMD 16 Touch 11 Flat 17 (Lonsword/Lance)+5;1d8+4 (Ranged Javilin) +2;1d6+4 F +4 R +1 W +-1 INIT +1 Perc -1 CMB +5

putting on campaign page

Grand Lodge

HP 10/10 AC 15 CMD 14 Touch 11 Flat 14 (Baridiche)+5;1d10+6 (Spiked Gauntlet) +5;1d4+4 F +1 R +1 W +1 INIT +0 Perc -1 CMB +4

Checking in

Liberty's Edge

M Human (Chelaxian)/ AC17,FF13,T14/ HP (10/10) /Init +6/Perc+4/Fort+2, Ref+6, Will+1/ +2/+2 M, +4 R/ Dagger 1d4 Rogue (Knife Master) 1

Looking forward to it.

The Exchange

Female Human Fighter 2 - HP 22/22 : AC 21 CMD 17 Touch 11 Flat 19 : fauchard+7; 1d10+6/18-20x2 : PA fauchard +6; 1d10+9/18-20x2 : chakram +3;1d8+4/20x2 : F +5 R +1 W +0 : INIT +1 Perc +0 CMB +6 (+8 trip)

Yay hooray!

Waits in the shadows...

Silver Crusade

Male Human Caviler/1 HP 13/13 AC 18 CMD 16 Touch 11 Flat 17 (Lonsword/Lance)+5;1d8+4 (Ranged Javilin) +2;1d6+4 F +4 R +1 W +-1 INIT +1 Perc -1 CMB +5

Jec walks into the waiting room. Looks around I must be early. damn my training. Guess I will wait for the rest of the crew. setting the shield down and leaning it against the wall carefully. I will also lean aginst the wall waiting for everyone else to show up.

Sovereign Court

Male Half-Elf Cleric 1 || HP 10/10 AC 17 Touch 10 Flat 17 || Heavy Mace +1, 1d8+1/20/x2 || Whip +1, 1d3+1/20/x2 || F +3, R +0, W +5 || Init +0, Perc +5 || CMB +1, CMB 11

Morvyn sashays into the room, exuding confidence and sensuality. He lets his eyes wander over the other inhabitants of the room, sizing them up in his mind.

An interesting group, he thinks to himself, Most of them look like they could handle themselves in a fight, but I wonder how they do in a battle of wits?

"Morvyn d'Bellerac, at your service," Morvyn makes a little half bow. His clothing, although practical, is cut a little tighter than most travellers would have and it serves to accentuate his lean muscles.

Grand Lodge

HP 10/10 AC 15 CMD 14 Touch 11 Flat 14 (Baridiche)+5;1d10+6 (Spiked Gauntlet) +5;1d4+4 F +1 R +1 W +1 INIT +0 Perc -1 CMB +4

Lauranna nodded at Jec, absently pulling at wisps of hair that seem to flutter about on their own every now and then. She looked at the others and smiled grimly. When the half-elf spoke, she glanced at him and said "Well met, Morvyn. I am Lauranna, servant of Iomedae."


Male **Smuggler's Shiv Hex Map** Mad Scientest - Level Absolute **Smuggler's Shiv Editable Map**

A messenger strides in and sees you all waiting in the same room. Oh good, there is 5 of you here. That is 5 names I can cross off the list.

He hands you each a letter and has you sign for it.

It is, in essence, a letter that invites you to the SnapDragon festival, at Amara Li's house (the head of the Lantern Lodge) for later on tonight.

what you know about the festival:
It is a high brow affair, with only the highest of the high attending. Thousands upon thousands of gold are spent on food, entertainment, and - of course - fireworks.

Only the luckiest or most influential Pathfinders
receive invitations to Amara Li’s annual Snapdragon
Festival celebration, and wise recipients take
advantage of them.

Silver Crusade

Male Human Caviler/1 HP 13/13 AC 18 CMD 16 Touch 11 Flat 17 (Lonsword/Lance)+5;1d8+4 (Ranged Javilin) +2;1d6+4 F +4 R +1 W +-1 INIT +1 Perc -1 CMB +5

Names Jec Leblanc. gives the new comer a slight nod of the head.

Lauranna, Wibeke good to see you again. Im curious to see whats in store for us this time. Guess its time to polish my armor and weapons before we present ourselves to such a prestigious Festival.

Sovereign Court

Male Half-Elf Cleric 1 || HP 10/10 AC 17 Touch 10 Flat 17 || Heavy Mace +1, 1d8+1/20/x2 || Whip +1, 1d3+1/20/x2 || F +3, R +0, W +5 || Init +0, Perc +5 || CMB +1, CMB 11

"My pleasure, Lauranna, Jec," he says with a smile, part-genuine and part-flirtatious.

Morvyn regards the messenger with a little interest, but his eyes widen as he reads the letter. The Snapdragon Festival, one of the most prestigious events on the social calendar and I've just been handed an invite! Joining the Society really was the best idea I've had!

"If I may take my leave, I have some shopping to do!" Morvyn seems to almost burst at the seams with excitement. He pauses only to look at his new companions. "Might I suggest doing... something to make yourselves a little more presentable?" Morvyn makes a vague circular gesture in the air in the direction of the other party members before leaving the room apace.

I'll have a look and see what he would purchase and post it in the discussion thread.


Male **Smuggler's Shiv Hex Map** Mad Scientest - Level Absolute **Smuggler's Shiv Editable Map**

You all have all day to get ready, (or not). Let me know what you'd like to do.

Sovereign Court

Male Half-Elf Cleric 1 || HP 10/10 AC 17 Touch 10 Flat 17 || Heavy Mace +1, 1d8+1/20/x2 || Whip +1, 1d3+1/20/x2 || F +3, R +0, W +5 || Init +0, Perc +5 || CMB +1, CMB 11

Morvyn will hit up The Coins district in order to purchase some grand clothing, costume jewelry and a mask. He's taking this very seriously indeed. Anyone is welcome to join him.

Liberty's Edge

M Human (Chelaxian)/ AC17,FF13,T14/ HP (10/10) /Init +6/Perc+4/Fort+2, Ref+6, Will+1/ +2/+2 M, +4 R/ Dagger 1d4 Rogue (Knife Master) 1

Rutilus will spend time polishing his boots. (Spit shine!) He won't spend much on looking fancy, he prefers not standing out.

Grand Lodge

HP 10/10 AC 15 CMD 14 Touch 11 Flat 14 (Baridiche)+5;1d10+6 (Spiked Gauntlet) +5;1d4+4 F +1 R +1 W +1 INIT +0 Perc -1 CMB +4

Lauranna will have her armor burnished to a high sheen, and purchase a new cloak. As a champion of Iomedae, she was sure that she could forgo fancy dress in favor of her Mistress' ascetic tastes, but there was no point in showing up looking shabby. She would leave her weapons behind, as there was no place for such a gruesome thing at a festival party...not unless you were a guard. She would only take a dagger in her boot. It wouldn't do to be completely unprepared, after all.

Other than her armor, she spent the most time on her hair and makeup. Normally, she just let her hair go, keeping it clean, but not worrying about styling. The haunts that plagued her turned it into a rat's nest within hours. But tonight she wanted to look her best, as a representative of her goddess. She used hot tongs to curl her blonde hair into tiny ringlets that cascaded halfway down her back. Her makeup was subtle, just enough to accentuate her features without drawing extra attention to the cloudy orbs of her eyes.

Dark Archive

HP 7/7 AC 13 CMD 10 Touch 13 Flat 11 (Unarmed)+0;1d2-1 F +1 R +2 W +2 INIT +2 Perc +2 CMB -2

A gnome hurries in and you would have sworn you saw a flash of flame in his cloak.
A subtle whiff of sulphur wafts in behind him.
Am I too late? I just arrived back in Absalom from a mission to faroff Irrisen and was told to report here.

My name is Fextor Babbletrix, junior counsel for the Chelish Diplomatic Corps here in Absalom.
Could someone please get me up to speed?

You find something intangibly, but eminently likeable about him.

Silver Crusade

Male Human Caviler/1 HP 13/13 AC 18 CMD 16 Touch 11 Flat 17 (Lonsword/Lance)+5;1d8+4 (Ranged Javilin) +2;1d6+4 F +4 R +1 W +-1 INIT +1 Perc -1 CMB +5

Just missed the invitation thats all. Apperantly we are all invited to the Snapdragon Festival. It is later tonight if you need to clean up or change you have some time for that. By the way I am Jec Leblanc.

Gm:
I dont need to buy anything really but how much do you think a set of parade barding for my horse would cost

Sovereign Court

Male Half-Elf Cleric 1 || HP 10/10 AC 17 Touch 10 Flat 17 || Heavy Mace +1, 1d8+1/20/x2 || Whip +1, 1d3+1/20/x2 || F +3, R +0, W +5 || Init +0, Perc +5 || CMB +1, CMB 11

Morvyn quickly dodges the gnome, and gags at the whiff of sulphur.

"Oh gods, what is that smell?" he says as he whips out a handkerchief and holds it to his nose. He scowls at the gnome briefly.

"Morvyn d'Bellerac, supplicant to the Church of Calistria and currently late for shopping," he leaves the room when he sees no one wishes to come with him.

I'm good to go now.

Dark Archive

HP 7/7 AC 13 CMD 10 Touch 13 Flat 11 (Unarmed)+0;1d2-1 F +1 R +2 W +2 INIT +2 Perc +2 CMB -2

A Festival? Ok Social function it is then. Have to break out the finery, responding to Ser Leblanc.

Cheerily, engaging Morvyn.
That my friend, would be the Hellfire and Brimstone awaiting some of Golarion's former inhabitants, pray that you don't join them someday.
As to your discomfort, your nose will attune to it.
It's a side-effect of some of my lineage and naught can be done for it, I'm afraid.
I'd also advise you to keep highly flammable materials at a safe distance.

Sovereign Court

Male Half-Elf Cleric 1 || HP 10/10 AC 17 Touch 10 Flat 17 || Heavy Mace +1, 1d8+1/20/x2 || Whip +1, 1d3+1/20/x2 || F +3, R +0, W +5 || Init +0, Perc +5 || CMB +1, CMB 11

Just as he turns to leave, Morvyn rolls his eyes at the gnome's theatrics.

"I know a few musky perfumes which would cover that odour quite well. I'll buy a vat of one of them and we can dunk you in it," he says with a smile. "And I know exactly where my soul will end up." Morvyn adds cryptically.

Silver Crusade

Male Human Caviler/1 HP 13/13 AC 18 CMD 16 Touch 11 Flat 17 (Lonsword/Lance)+5;1d8+4 (Ranged Javilin) +2;1d6+4 F +4 R +1 W +-1 INIT +1 Perc -1 CMB +5

Ah is that what the smell is and here I thought it was just my armor.

Liberty's Edge

M Human (Chelaxian)/ AC17,FF13,T14/ HP (10/10) /Init +6/Perc+4/Fort+2, Ref+6, Will+1/ +2/+2 M, +4 R/ Dagger 1d4 Rogue (Knife Master) 1

"Your armor is too pretty to smell." Rutilus leans forward on his toes and then back on his heels, almost as if stretching.

"I'm not really the festival kind of person, I do enjoy watching though. I don't see the point in spending money on frivolous things.

He manages a playful grin looking at Leblanc's armor.

The Exchange

Female Human Fighter 2 - HP 22/22 : AC 21 CMD 17 Touch 11 Flat 19 : fauchard+7; 1d10+6/18-20x2 : PA fauchard +6; 1d10+9/18-20x2 : chakram +3;1d8+4/20x2 : F +5 R +1 W +0 : INIT +1 Perc +0 CMB +6 (+8 trip)

Wibeke wrinkles her nose and waves her gauntleted hand in the air in front of her face. "Yech! You smell like a Calistrian whore on 'Half-price Oathday!" After a few coughs and spitting on the floor to get the taste from her mouth, she reads one of the invitations. "Snapdragon Festival, eh? Good, I love Tian food. Of course, you eat a ton and then an hour later you're hungry again. I wonder if they will have those short little acrobats I always hear about..."


Male **Smuggler's Shiv Hex Map** Mad Scientest - Level Absolute **Smuggler's Shiv Editable Map**

Zen, not sure about the parade barding, and too busy to look it up, do you want it as actual armor, or just to look pretty?

The rest of you find your way to the party. I need you to mark down in the discussion thread a list of things that you have bought for each character (some of you have, and if you have nothing to add to it then that will work.)

Okay, so you all do your thing, and arrive at the party.

Immediately, you hear beautiful strange music, even before walking up to the party.

The aroma of blooming orchids and flowing wine mixes with the acrid tang of recently exploded fireworks, and the sound of strangely discordant music comes from a duo of Tian women playing an unusual stringed instrument and a reed flute. The crowd mingles calmly, most guests clearly hoping to be seen more than actually paying attention to those with whom they converse, though the plum wine seems to have affected some who now move about the lodge’s grounds waving sparkling wands of fire and shooting whirring, whizzing fireworks into the sky above the koi pond that runs through the middle of the party.

Everyone is dressed very elegant, and you find that you are the center of attention. You are the "new guys" here, and as such people are both intrigued by your presence, and also a little stand-offish, depending on their attitudes. Some are actually a little of both.

Those of you that have purchased "noble clothes" (dresses, etc) can walk through the crowds and mingle with ease. The others are openly "not accepted" by the crowd at large. Some cries of "Did you get lost general? The battle is that way!" with accompanying laughter can be found.

(Remember, you are a guest at one of the biggest parties of the year, with the head of the Lantern Lodge, Amara Li inviting you. DOn't make a "you know what" out of yourself in responding...)

Sovereign Court

Male Half-Elf Cleric 1 || HP 10/10 AC 17 Touch 10 Flat 17 || Heavy Mace +1, 1d8+1/20/x2 || Whip +1, 1d3+1/20/x2 || F +3, R +0, W +5 || Init +0, Perc +5 || CMB +1, CMB 11

Morvyn rolls his eyes at Wibeke.

"You should come with me, I'm sure we can find someone who likes a bit of rough," he retorts before leaving the room.

-----

Morvyn arrives at the party in an ensemble that skirts the line between brave and outrageous. A close-fitting suit which has a jacket cut short to reveal the lower half of his midriff, giving a tantalising glimpse of what is beneath te rest of his clothes.

As the centre of attention, Morvyn thrives and flirts outrageously with the women and doesn't shy away from the men who respond to his subtle winks. Morvyn is only too aware of the value of having friends in high places, and picks the objects of his affection carefully.

However, he also doesn't leave his new compatriots floundering in their inability to dress appropriately for the occasion.

"Do you not recognise that my esteemed colleagues have come in fancy dress? Granted, the invitation doesn't state this is a costumed event but I applaud their creativity," Morvyn says while moving between his friends.

"Especially this fine woman, who has come dressed as a wild warrior woman of the north! I dare say a few of our more experienced swordsmen wouldn't mind their skill at arms with her, hmm?" Morvyn gives Wikebe an exaggerated wink, in the hopes that she realises he's trying to help her.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (13) + 10 = 23

Grand Lodge

HP 10/10 AC 15 CMD 14 Touch 11 Flat 14 (Baridiche)+5;1d10+6 (Spiked Gauntlet) +5;1d4+4 F +1 R +1 W +1 INIT +0 Perc -1 CMB +4

Lauranna smiled at the crowd, especially at those cat-callers that chose to speak up. She was a chosen champion of Iomedae, and as such no taunts could move her. There was an air of command about her that typically silenced all but the most persistent of mockers. Given the time she had taken on her hair and appearance, it was only her gleaming armor that made her stand out from the ball gowns and sheer-clothed beauties in the place.

The haunts that plagued her played havoc with many of the costumes around her, and she had to hold back a chuckle when one rather strong spirit toppled an elaborate headdress that was nearly 3 feet tall. Another tried to spill a tray of drink carried by a passing waiter, but Lauranna used her innate powers to still the tray and right the tipping glasses.

She mingled easily, even with those still wont to make mock of her attire. It wasn't often that she was allowed to represent The Light of the Sword at a public gathering such as this.

Dark Archive

HP 7/7 AC 13 CMD 10 Touch 13 Flat 11 (Unarmed)+0;1d2-1 F +1 R +2 W +2 INIT +2 Perc +2 CMB -2

Fextor is dressed down (but still appropriate) in his courtier's clothes.

He has his Chelish Diplomatic Corps membership medal polished and pinned to his chest. His clothing is trimmed in the black and red of Cheliax. He looks around to see if any of his faction compatriots are in attendance and also if the Paracountess is here, if she is, he'll try to greet her later and ask if the snow gems of the Irrisen Witches that he retrieved were useful.

He smiles here and there making and exchanging pleasantries with those who seem willing to engage him.

Morvyn is certainly avant-garde. Such excess.

Liberty's Edge

M Human (Chelaxian)/ AC17,FF13,T14/ HP (10/10) /Init +6/Perc+4/Fort+2, Ref+6, Will+1/ +2/+2 M, +4 R/ Dagger 1d4 Rogue (Knife Master) 1

In his most dignified voice. I thought this a good costume. the following wry grin practically yells mischief.

he'll just follow those in nice to clothes as if an attendant

Silver Crusade

Male Human Caviler/1 HP 13/13 AC 18 CMD 16 Touch 11 Flat 17 (Lonsword/Lance)+5;1d8+4 (Ranged Javilin) +2;1d6+4 F +4 R +1 W +-1 INIT +1 Perc -1 CMB +5

It was just going to be pretty and not as armor.

After polishing all of his gear and making sure Duster his horse was clean and well groomed Jec affixes his to his lance the standard of The Order of the Warrior. At a casual glance it doesnt look like much. The standard itself shows an eagle clutching an olive branch sitting on a blue background.

Knowing that this is going to be a very formal event Jec pondered leaving his sword behind. However after the little incident in the ally Jec feels that it may be nessassary to bring his sword and shield along even if he leaves the shield attached to the pommel of his saddle.

As Jec and Duster get closer to where the festival is going to take place He issues Duster on simple command Hup Boy. To most people it sounds like Jec is just talking to his horse. However to the observers after such a command Duster seems to settle into a prancing high step that is very flashy and wonderful to watch.

Upon seeing Lauranna he moves closer and dismounts. Pointedly ignoring whatever rude remarks are being flung about at him and his friends.

Ah Lauranna your looking good this evening.looking around have you seen the rest yet?

Grand Lodge

HP 10/10 AC 15 CMD 14 Touch 11 Flat 14 (Baridiche)+5;1d10+6 (Spiked Gauntlet) +5;1d4+4 F +1 R +1 W +1 INIT +0 Perc -1 CMB +4

"The fop is over there somewhere, dragging Wibeke along like she's a prize-winning spaniel. I think I saw Rutilus disappear into the crowd over that way. As for me, I think the Inheritor is laughing in the firmament right now, but so be it." She accepted a glass of wine from the servant whose tray she had recently saved from disaster, and sipped it.

The Exchange

Female Human Fighter 2 - HP 22/22 : AC 21 CMD 17 Touch 11 Flat 19 : fauchard+7; 1d10+6/18-20x2 : PA fauchard +6; 1d10+9/18-20x2 : chakram +3;1d8+4/20x2 : F +5 R +1 W +0 : INIT +1 Perc +0 CMB +6 (+8 trip)
Morvyn d'Bellerac wrote:

Morvyn rolls his eyes at Wibeke.

"You should come with me, I'm sure we can find someone who likes a bit of rough," he retorts before leaving the room.

Wibeke smiles and barks a throaty laugh. "Ha! Oh, don't worry, Mr. Froo-Froo. Mommy likes it rough."

Morvyn d'Bellerac wrote:
"Especially this fine woman, who has come dressed as a wild warrior woman of the north! I dare say a few of our more experienced swordsmen wouldn't mind their skill at arms with her, hmm?" Morvyn gives Wikebe an exaggerated wink, in the hopes that she realises he's trying to help her.

Wibeke takes a drink from her glass and smiles awkwardly. "Don't you just love this party? Everything's so fancy and they have some kind of hot cheese over there!"

Liberty's Edge

M Human (Chelaxian)/ AC17,FF13,T14/ HP (10/10) /Init +6/Perc+4/Fort+2, Ref+6, Will+1/ +2/+2 M, +4 R/ Dagger 1d4 Rogue (Knife Master) 1

Rutilus returns to Lauranna and Jec holding his stomach and looking quite uneasy.

"There was so much food, I... I.. just couldn't help myself. What idiot will they think of me when I sick up everywhere?"

He groans and then settles into a focus as he tries to hold on to dignity.

Silver Crusade

Male Human Caviler/1 HP 13/13 AC 18 CMD 16 Touch 11 Flat 17 (Lonsword/Lance)+5;1d8+4 (Ranged Javilin) +2;1d6+4 F +4 R +1 W +-1 INIT +1 Perc -1 CMB +5

Any sign of our host yet? or were you to busy with the free food?

Liberty's Edge

M Human (Chelaxian)/ AC17,FF13,T14/ HP (10/10) /Init +6/Perc+4/Fort+2, Ref+6, Will+1/ +2/+2 M, +4 R/ Dagger 1d4 Rogue (Knife Master) 1

Rutilus looks a bit panicked with no one to stand behind. He kind of shrugs his shoulders and gives a sheepish grin.

"The food seemed important, no idea on the host. I defer in conversations, my appearance has never been well regarded."

He gives you a look, like you should have expected as much from him.


Male **Smuggler's Shiv Hex Map** Mad Scientest - Level Absolute **Smuggler's Shiv Editable Map**

As if Ser Jec was being watched, someone approaches you and says, in heavily accented common The host will see you now. Prepare yourselves and follow me.

You are escorted past several armed guards and invited into Amara Li’s private study, where you find her seated on a reed mat before a low table
set with an exquisite porcelain tea set. She motions for
the Pathfinders to sit with her around the table, and once
the door is closed behind you and you have taken your
seats, begins talking in a low, hushed voice without even
the hint of a Tian accent:

“Well met, Pathfinders, and welcome to the Lantern Lodge.
I hope you find the Snapdragon Festival and my hospitality
worthy of your time and energy. I have not brought you here
for mere pleasantries, however, and wish to ask you to partake
a dangerous mission on my behalf.

“Long ago, one of my most esteemed ancestors, who was
rich in power but poor in sense, gave a gift to a foreign prince,
a gift that prince did not deserve and my foolish ancestor had
no right to give—a ceremonial jade katana. At the time the
gift was sent, its recipient was invading this island. He laid
siege to Absalom from his fortress in the foothills of the
Kortos Mounts. Like those who came before
him, the warlord failed to take Absalom and
perished in the attempt. On the very day of
his defeat, his castle crumbled to dust in a
violent earthquake and has been lost to the
centuries ever since. My family’s heirloom
was lost with it.

“A recent report by a group of Pathfinders gives
me hope that they have finally found the ruin, and I
might finally recover my family’s treasure. I’m looking
for an intrepid group to retrieve it for me,
and I’m hoping that is you. The fame and
wealth you will doubtlessly recover will
bring you much honor within the Society,
and if you deliver the katana to me, you
will have my favor as you begin your careers
as full agents of the Pathfinder Society.”

Let me be clear: The quest you would partake is as members of the Pathfinder Society, but the errand would be a personal favor to me, and would be accepted as such. Getting the katana back into my family's posession would mean more than you can ever know, and such a favor would be treated as such.

Grand Lodge

HP 10/10 AC 15 CMD 14 Touch 11 Flat 14 (Baridiche)+5;1d10+6 (Spiked Gauntlet) +5;1d4+4 F +1 R +1 W +1 INIT +0 Perc -1 CMB +4

"I cannot speak for all, but this mission is one that the Sword Lady would welcome. As her representative in this place, I eagerly accept. We will need adequate maps and directions, and any information you may have as to where the jade katana currently resides, or is suspected to reside. Also, any information you may have on its protections, significant armed forces in the area, and whether anyone else has this information and would be interested enough to mount an operation of their own." This was spoken in the crisp tones of a military commander, conferring with her superiors as to a battle. In other words, as a champion of Iomedae.

Silver Crusade

Male Human Caviler/1 HP 13/13 AC 18 CMD 16 Touch 11 Flat 17 (Lonsword/Lance)+5;1d8+4 (Ranged Javilin) +2;1d6+4 F +4 R +1 W +-1 INIT +1 Perc -1 CMB +5

Ma'Lady it would be my honor to assist you in this matter. As my colleague as indicated any information about the area including maps would be most helpful.

Sovereign Court

Male Half-Elf Cleric 1 || HP 10/10 AC 17 Touch 10 Flat 17 || Heavy Mace +1, 1d8+1/20/x2 || Whip +1, 1d3+1/20/x2 || F +3, R +0, W +5 || Init +0, Perc +5 || CMB +1, CMB 11

"It would be an honour," Morvyn says with a bow, "I second the questions of my colleagues, is there any additional information you can give us?"

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (7) + 10 = 17


Male **Smuggler's Shiv Hex Map** Mad Scientest - Level Absolute **Smuggler's Shiv Editable Map**

I know nothing of the ruin, or the dangers that may or may not be there. I do know that it is located in the cairnlands, here. she marks it on the map. I only know that this is the ruin that my katana was last seen and that it is precious to my family.

The other venture captains might be of more use in this area, as they know about the area and might have heard more. You are welcome to rejoin the party, and try the apple blossoms. They are one of my favorites. Do you have any more questions for me?

Silver Crusade

Male Human Caviler/1 HP 13/13 AC 18 CMD 16 Touch 11 Flat 17 (Lonsword/Lance)+5;1d8+4 (Ranged Javilin) +2;1d6+4 F +4 R +1 W +-1 INIT +1 Perc -1 CMB +5

Is there in special markings on the Katana that will help us identify it as being from your family? I would hate to travel all that way to bring back the wrong blade.

Dark Archive

HP 7/7 AC 13 CMD 10 Touch 13 Flat 11 (Unarmed)+0;1d2-1 F +1 R +2 W +2 INIT +2 Perc +2 CMB -2

Returning a lost antiquity to its rightful owner is an honourable charge, I would be honoured to assist in this matter.


Male **Smuggler's Shiv Hex Map** Mad Scientest - Level Absolute **Smuggler's Shiv Editable Map**

It is a green, jade katana. I do not know of the other markings on it, I have only read of it's lore through my ancestors history. If you find two, bring them both she says with a wink.

Liberty's Edge

M Human (Chelaxian)/ AC17,FF13,T14/ HP (10/10) /Init +6/Perc+4/Fort+2, Ref+6, Will+1/ +2/+2 M, +4 R/ Dagger 1d4 Rogue (Knife Master) 1

In his most stately voice.
"I once unloaded some jade trinkets from while working on a dock, scared was the man who watched to make sure I didn't break or chip anything. I think it will be fortunate for the sword to have lasted so long, If the sword was hidden with the intent of preservation I believe my companions and I can make it... unhidden."

Rutilus shrugs and turns towards the door, quite happy to have said his words.

The Exchange

Female Human Fighter 2 - HP 22/22 : AC 21 CMD 17 Touch 11 Flat 19 : fauchard+7; 1d10+6/18-20x2 : PA fauchard +6; 1d10+9/18-20x2 : chakram +3;1d8+4/20x2 : F +5 R +1 W +0 : INIT +1 Perc +0 CMB +6 (+8 trip)

Wibeke stays quiet during the exchange with the Tian woman. She simply nods her assent and leaves the room to rejoin her comrades. She sighs a rather put-out sigh. "Well, how do you like that? She asks us to return her family-honor-sword from the dangerous-place-probably-filled-with-bad-things, and what does she offer in pay? Whatever we find there, which might be nothing. I swear, you'd've thought that we would at least try haggling with her before agreeing." The warrior woman looks around the party, searching. "I need a drink. And some of those little spring rolls..." She wanders off.

Silver Crusade

Male Human Caviler/1 HP 13/13 AC 18 CMD 16 Touch 11 Flat 17 (Lonsword/Lance)+5;1d8+4 (Ranged Javilin) +2;1d6+4 F +4 R +1 W +-1 INIT +1 Perc -1 CMB +5

As Wibeke starts to leaveLook on the bright side Wibeke. You will probably get to hit things again.

Liberty's Edge

M Human (Chelaxian)/ AC17,FF13,T14/ HP (10/10) /Init +6/Perc+4/Fort+2, Ref+6, Will+1/ +2/+2 M, +4 R/ Dagger 1d4 Rogue (Knife Master) 1

"If a jade sword is still locked away, I certainly hope there are other locks storing more." he calmly sets about tailing the others never really letting the grin fade.

Grand Lodge

HP 10/10 AC 15 CMD 14 Touch 11 Flat 14 (Baridiche)+5;1d10+6 (Spiked Gauntlet) +5;1d4+4 F +1 R +1 W +1 INIT +0 Perc -1 CMB +4

Lauranna smiled at Wibeke's words, knowing that influence and favors were often worth more than any payment that would have been offered. Still, wine and spring rolls sounded like a good start.

"Perhaps we should enjoy the rest of the evening, then meet tomorrow to make plans and begin the journey?"

Dark Archive

HP 7/7 AC 13 CMD 10 Touch 13 Flat 11 (Unarmed)+0;1d2-1 F +1 R +2 W +2 INIT +2 Perc +2 CMB -2

"Miss Wibeke, a personal favour from a Venture Captain has a substantial value in and of itself, the added value of keeping what we find is a bonus, really."

Turning to Lauranna.

"Miss Lauranna, that is most wise. I'd recommend we avoid the saki... Tian wine made from rice... it's very strong and sneaks up on you."
Noting the others' puzzled expressions.
"A personal experience at a prior Tian diplomatic function."

Silver Crusade

Male Human Caviler/1 HP 13/13 AC 18 CMD 16 Touch 11 Flat 17 (Lonsword/Lance)+5;1d8+4 (Ranged Javilin) +2;1d6+4 F +4 R +1 W +-1 INIT +1 Perc -1 CMB +5

Spring rolls sound good. I will avoid the wine in general. Rutilus would you mingle around the drinkers and see if you can overhear anyone talking about previous expidetions ore our current one.


Male **Smuggler's Shiv Hex Map** Mad Scientest - Level Absolute **Smuggler's Shiv Editable Map**

Just as you are about to split off, Major Colson Madris strides up and asks for you to all gather around. It is clear that he is used to being listened to, and that he might even talk even if no one else was in the room - just to hear the sound of his own voice... It is almost as if he were watching you, and waited until now to introduce himself.

I hear you are going into the ruins in the Cairnlands?

Best of luck outside the city walls, though you look like sturdy enough adventurers. Perhaps not Eagle Knight material, not yet, but qualified for the work of a Pathfinder nonetheless.

“A word of warning, though, friends—beware the walking
dead. The crumbling ruins surrounding the city are rife with
them, and you’re likely to run into more than your fair share
over the course of your career. Undeath and the undead are
more than just a physical peril, however. Undeath is the worst
kind of slavery. And it should be eradicated like all servitude,
whether to aristocracy or to mental control. Being enslaved
to the flesh beyond when Pharasma calls one’s soul to the
Boneyard is a fate I wouldn’t wish upon my greatest enemy.

So while you plumb the depths of Asad’s Keep, remember your
solemn duty to your fellow man—both living and dead. Any
undead you encounter along the way should be freed of their
earthly shell.

“If you prove your dedication to freedom, the
resources of Andoran will be at your disposal in
your future endeavors.”

1 to 50 of 124 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Brayden's PFS First Steps (Group 1): To Delve the Dungeon Deep All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.