Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game


Pathfinder Society


Starfinder


Starfinder Society

GM Brawn Bear's "The Confirmation"

Game Master Brawn Bear

The Confirmation Maps and Handouts


1 to 50 of 132 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | next > last >>

The invitation delivered last night was remarkably simple, especially given the importance of the occasion: “Start where it all began. Meet us at the Pig’s Paunch one hour before dawn.” The Pig’s Paunch is a run-down building with a faded sign of a large pig standing on its hind legs, with arms folded above a corpulent belly. Inside, the air is thick with the scents of human sweat, stale tobacco, and leftover food. In the center of the room, surrounded by inebriates sleeping off their revelries, a familiar Elven man stands high upon top of a large round table.

“Welcome! Welcome, my students! Please, have a seat!” With that, Kreighton Shaine, the Pathfinder Society’s Master of Scrolls, nimbly drops down to sit cross-legged on the table before looking about the tavern with a sense of reverent wonder. “Can you believe it? It all started here years ago—well, over four hundred of them at least. Under this very roof the Pathfinder Society was born. But today! Today you will begin your Confirmation! Master Farabellus, Master Zey, and I all agree you each have shown your worth and dedication to the Society, so there’s no better time to see if you can handle becoming full field operatives. Allow me to introduce you to Janira Gavix,” he says as he motions for an excitable Halfling woman to approach.

She wears a large backpack and carries all manner of tools, pouches, and scroll cases around her waist. Shaine continues, saying, “Janira here will be going with you on your Confirmation. She was one of my brightest pupils and will no doubt be an invaluable resource on your journey, for she discovered the caves you are about to explore during her own Confirmation.”

Janira speaks up in an enthusiastic and cheerful voice, “Greetings, aspiring Pathfinders! Six months ago, while I was mapping cave entrances in the foothills of the Kortos Mounts, I witnessed a lone Gillman entering a concealed cave. I thought little of it at the time, but I saw another one enter the cave again a month later as my Confirmation stretched on. A few days later, after I completed my assigned task, I entered the cave system, but was unable to find the Gillmen.”

Master Shaine hops to his feet. “Initiates, for your Confirmation, you will travel to these caves to explore and document its many passages. Additionally, and most importantly, you are to learn what the Gillmen are up to in there. Oh, and you need to come back alive as well.” With these parting words, the Master of Scrolls jumps off the table and strolls out of the building while humming to himself.

Grand Lodge

Archibald, a tall man with red hair and eyes, stands and claps his hands together loudly. Squints in the direction of the bar and yells. Five drinks, please! How much gold does that cost? Oh, by the by, I am Archibald Wrathburn the 5th. Archibald looks around the table. You should be writing this down. Anywho my friends call me Archie, so you may call me Archibald Wrathburn the 5th.

Liberty's Edge

A tall, gangly man dressed in plain clothes and sporting a black and silver cane settles himself at the table as well. A pleasure to meet you, Sir Archibald. I am Al'tair Al Banah.I'm looking forward to working with you all. He looks to be on the far side of his prime with laugh lines softening his eyes and streaks of grey lining his hair from his temples. Taking a moment to scan the disorderly tavern he chuckles, thinking to himself, Charming.

Stretching his legs before him and settling his gaze on Janira Al'tair tilts his head and says, Hello, lass. You're going to be our tour guide then? Exciting. So tell me, is there a town nearby for us to get supplies from or should we equip ourselves for a long excursion? Oh, and did you happen to find anything at all in there, besides the lack of gillmen?


A Half-Elf barmaid dressed in a plain, low cut blouse delivers a plate of 5 tankards to the table, leaning farther down than necessary when she serves the drinks. As Archibald reaches into his pouch to retrieve payment the Half-Elf winks and waves her hand. "A Pathfinder doesn't have to pay for drinks at The Pig's Paunch." She gives a charming half-smile before being called away by another of the bar's many patrons.

When addressed, Janira's eyes light up in excitement. "Yes, I will be leading you to the caves. They're near enough that we can reach them by foot, albeit at a day's march. I didn't find anything when I investigated, but I think we'll have better luck this time!" There's a spark of interest in her eyes as she looks over the Pathfinders who have arrived so far. The halfling woman stands just under 3 feet tall, beaming up at her comrades. "As Pathfinders it's important for us to understand and know each other." The trademark Halfling curiosity is already showing through as she looks up at her allies. "What made you all want to be Pathfinders?"

Grand Lodge

Archibald winks back at the barmaid. I respect the respect Al'tair, cheers. Archibald hands one of the 5 tankards towards Al'tair. fair lass, if I'm to be completely honest, I got tired of doing nothing with my life, and failing at it. So I'm here to use what little talent i have before I outgrow it. Archibald then downs his tankard.

Liberty's Edge

Al'tair's attention is diverted by the bar maid to whom he casts a smile and wink before taking the offered tankard. "It seems I'll be coming here far more often. Cheers." as he too toasts and drinks.

After licking his lips clean he turns back to the excited halfling. "I suppose you could say I'm searching for something. Then again, aren't we all?" His answer with an enigmatic smile. "But what of you? What skills will you be bringing on our little adventure?"

The Exchange

From the shadows a leather clad Tengu walks to the table.
Hello fellow pathfinders I am Ving Dhan may I sit?

Grand Lodge

Sit drink be marry. I gesture towards Ving with one of the Tankards. Apparently we are hunting Gulman, a dreadfully smelly man who has lost himself in some caves.


A man In a growler voice you here my name is Bob I am here to protect your group

The Exchange

Ving kick flips chair and attempts to sit down Acrobatic: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13 grabs the tankard.
Thanks i can't wait to see you all in action. I'm ready when y'all is.

Grand Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
HP: 18 | Fort: 6 Ref 3 Wil: -1 | CMD: 14 | Perception -1, Sense Motive -1

A gangly looking young man walks over to the table, a tankard in each hand,"Hello all, I believe this is the table I'm supposed to be at? Call me Grennex," he looks up at the large scowling man, "and if anyone is going to protect anyone around here it will be me. No offense."

Grand Lodge

Now this is a party, pun very much intended. Archibald sets a tankard near Bob for your growley voice. Archibald gestures towards Grennex. I suppose you are all set. Archibald then begins to drink the last two tankards. So this Gulman, why are we making his business ours?


Janira beams at Archibald. "That's the spirit! The Pathfinder Society is the perfect place to hone your potential and make a name for yourself, I'm honored to call you an ally!" She grabs one of the tankards and clinks it to Archibald's, drinking deep as Altair begins his introduction. When he finishes, Janira frowns slightly, disappointed by the enigmatic response. "Well that doesn't tell us much at all."

Janira straightens up slightly, standing as tall as her small frame allowed. "Janira Gavix at your service, future Pathfinder extraordinaire!" She gives a mock salute and sloshes some of her ale onto the floor, but pays it no mind. "I'm a bard, and quite a good one at that!

As more of the Pathfinders begin flocking in she eagerly gestures for them."Yes, sit, join us!" Janira motions to one of the empty seats, waving a small gloved hand. "It's your confirmation too after all! It's a pleasure to meet you, Ving and Gennex. And err... Bob. I hope to learn more about you all as we travel, it's the spirit of the Pathfinders after all." Janira holds up three fingers, wiggling them happily. "Explore, Report, Cooperate." She says it as if she's reciting something she's heard from teachers her whole life. "The Three Orders of the Pathfinders. So it's important that we always share our skills, knowledges, and abilities! Hiding them can get allies killed, and we don't want that."

She chuckles to herself, cheeks beginning to glow slightly red. "Oops, I guess I rambled a bit there. Anyway." She straightens back up, finishes her drink, and leans forward over the table. "On to the details of the mission at hand. After reviewing my mission reports personally, Master Shaine believes it is no coincidence that each time they entered the caves it was during a full moon, so it is also no coincidence that you have been called here now, just a day before the moon is full again. We both believe that tomorrow night is our best chance to find out why these caves are important and what exactly the gillmen are doing in there. The caves we’ll be travelling to lie under the base of the Kortos Mounts. We’ll need to spend every minute of daylight possible to reach the caves by foot, crossing over the Cairnlands, taking the paths to Diobel, and finally making our way through the wilderness. With any luck we won’t run into any of the local inhabitants. Once in the caves, we’ll need to work together to explore and determine whether any gillman are present or have been recently. Keep an eye out for any other clues that might hint at the caves’ significance, too.”

Janira's eyes are wide with excitement as she looks around the table. "Well, any questions?"

Knowledge (Geography) DC 10:

At the center of the Isle of Kortos stand the Kortos Mounts, the points on the island.

Knowledge (Geography) DC 15:

Entire tribes of centaurs, harpies, and minotaurs constantly vie for territory up and around the Mounts, with harpies being the most common at higher altitudes and centaurs controlling the lower slopes and foothills.

Knowledge (History DC 15):

Also known as the Low Azlanti, the gillmen are an amphibious humanoid race believed to be the last descendants of the ancient Azlanti people.

Knowledge (History DC 20):

During Earthfall, the Starstone struck Golarion and destroyed the human empires of Thassilon and Azlant. It is said that gillmen’s ancestors survived the cataclysmic event because they received the blessing of an aquatic entity that allowed them to breath underwater.

Knowledge (History DC 25):

Most scholars believe the terrifying aboleths were responsible for the gillmen’s transformation. Any alliance between them appears to have fallen apart over the millennia, however, and the gillmen are now an independent people.

Above are skill checks, which if you passed via a roll like Zach did and met the DC, you could read. As Knowledge Skills can only be used trained, and I don't believe anyone trained in them (though I may be wrong), I don't believe any of you are able to read them. I ask that you don't, if you can't pass the DC. I'm including them anyway because it's part of the module, and it demonstrates some skills that could come in handy.

Grand Lodge

Knowledge (History): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14

Grand Lodge

It doesnt seem like we are the most knowledgeable on the region nor its inhabitants. What can you tell us about Mr.Gulman and his friends? As a failed writer, I've made up a lot of "facts" I'd like to get this story right.

Grand Lodge

HP: 18 | Fort: 6 Ref 3 Wil: -1 | CMD: 14 | Perception -1, Sense Motive -1

After listening to Janira ramble Grennex clears his throat, "I'm a fighter I guess, or well the opposite a defender. I'm good at taking hits not so much at hitting other things." He takes a long pull from one of his tankards. "I don't know alot about history or nothing, but once we get inside the cave I should be able to keep us from getting lost."

Liberty's Edge

Al'tair gives a good-natured roll of his eyes at the comment about his lack of information but stays quiet to listen to Janira's explanation. "No, I'm rather clueless about the area myself. This is my first time in Absalom, after all. If you really MUST know I hail from Katheer, the capitol of Qadira. My family have been merchants for generations, though I don't feel that's my path any more. That said those years in the shop taught me to be quite persuasive.. and being a mesmerist helps." He says this last with a wink at the halfling.

"As for the matter at hand the timing with the full moon could mean many things. Perhaps there's some hidden pool only accessible at the highest tides. Or they're going for some sort of magical ritual. Either way we won't find out here. If it's as much as a trek as you say we shouldn't dawdle." He stands and finishes off his tanker. "Shall we gather our fear and meet at the city gates in, say, half an hour?"


Janira's eyes sparkle when Altair mentions that he's a Mesmerist. "Truly? I've never adventured with anyone versed in psychic magic, I'm eager to see what you can do! And," She turns to face Grennex, "I'm also excited to see a brave knight such as yourself in combat, though hopefully we won't need to battle."

When Archibald asks about "Mr.Gulman," Janira gives an amused snort. "Not Gulman, Sir Archibald, Gillmen. The gillmen are a humanoid race much like humans save for the three piscine gills on both sides of their necks. They’re a little secretive but not outright hostile. Most live in or near the water.”

At the mention of heading out, Janira shakes her head. "Not yet I'm afraid, we're still awaiting a final Pathfinder. They should be here any moment though..." She looks around the smoky tavern, scanning the bar's patrons.

The Exchange

Some with sharp ears may first hear the soft foot prints rushing towards the group before seeing the short man in monks robes. His pitch black skin makes it difficult to discern specific features, not to mention the swirling air currents surrounding his body like a protective orb. As he comes to halt at the table he bends over huffing for breath."I am...sorry...I'm late", he manages to get out to the group. A glimpse at the back of his neck reveals brilliant white symbols etched into his skin.

Having finally caught his breath, he stands up straight and looks over the group. Jeesh, gramps wasn't kidding. My eyes hurt just looking at all these light skinned giants. The wind begins to come alive and pick up dust from the surroundings as it dances around him again. My apologies for interrupting. I believe I am supposed to joining you fine folks for the uh...Confirmation? I am terribly new to the area...or anywhere outside my community's borders. Forgive me, where are my manners. My name is Daratas Blackstar."Daratas pauses to give a respectful bow.

I hope to become a successful entrepreneur someday. I might be absentminded of the area, but I know much about nature and languages. He looks towards Ving Dhan, greeting him personally in Tengu. I should also mention I might be a tad slower than you long legged folks. Should I obtain a mount of some kind for our journey?


Janira grins as Daratas approaches, watching in wide-eyed wonder as the winds dance around him. "Welcome Daratas Blackstar!" She gives him a firm handshake, the two standing at near identical heights. "It will not be a hard march, you'll be able to keep up fine. I'm afraid for this there's a reason we aren't traveling by horse; the area we’re heading to is controlled by a large centaur tribe. If we cross paths with any of them, they’ll see the horses as an affront and might become dangerously unfriendly. Our mission is to explore the caves and investigate the gillmen activity, not fight the local populace.”

She looks around at the gathered group with a smile. "Now then, I think Altair is right. Let's gather our gear and depart, the sooner we arrive at the caves, the better. Be sure to bring whatever you may need, and something to take notes with as well! As Pathfinders it's important that we report our findings accurately. As Master Shaine says, 'it’s as difficult to remember what one had for breakfast several days before as it is to recall exactly what one was thinking while studying an inscription.'"

With that the Halfling woman gives a small salute. "I will see you at the city gates in a half hour, future Pathfinders!"

Grand Lodge

HP: 18 | Fort: 6 Ref 3 Wil: -1 | CMD: 14 | Perception -1, Sense Motive -1

Grennex blushes at being called a knight. He finishes his tankards and takes them back to the bar. He retrieves his gear from a nearby table and begins strapping on his armor. "Well it seems I need to make a stop and buy some paper." He struggles with a few straps but quickly finishes, a slight sheen of sweat on his brow.

The Exchange

Daratas gives a return salute to Janira. His eyes brighten, and the hints of smile appear at the corners of his mouth. 'At least everyone isn't a giant around here' he muses to himself. "I suppose I could do with a journal to record our journey. Typically we Wayang immortalize our victories with ritualistic tattoos, starting with our names", he points to the back of his neck."However, it would be rather unpleasant to skin myself should my story ever become worth gold as a memoir.

Patting his backpack, Daratas gives a quick list of his supplies. I got some basic utility items. Dagger, fishhooks, a flint and steel, a sewing needle, a signal whistle, 50 feet of string, 50 feet of thread. Given my dark vision and stealth prone nature, I do not plan to purchase any light sources or fancy equipment. If anyone needs to borrow gold to get something, I am sure we could work out reasonable loan rate though."Are predatory loans legal in this world?


That sounds like it would be a "money farming scheme" which isn't allowed in PFS. That also would probably be Lawful Evil, you aspiring Contract Devil.

Grand Lodge

Did Janira answer any of my questions? If not,Archibald chases after Janira and continues to pry her for information. Excuse me lass what is Gulman's motivation, what are his fears, seriously what do we know about them? Archibald trails off as they leave. Or if she did answer them. Archibald finishes his drinks leaves a gold as a tip and goes to wait by the gate.


Janira wrote:


When Archibald asks about "Mr.Gulman," Janira gives an amused snort. "Not Gulman, Sir Archibald, Gillmen. The gillmen are a humanoid race much like humans save for the three piscine gills on both sides of their necks. They’re a little secretive but not outright hostile. Most live in or near the water.”

This was the answer to you asking what she knew about "Gulman." As for why you're investigating,

"That’s exactly what you are being asked to find out. The only known permanent surface settlement of the gillmen is in Escadar. Why they’re venturing into the foothills of the Kortos Mounts is a mystery.”

Grand Lodge

Janira's ! as which way are the cave faceing north ,south , east or west and how fare are the closet town

The Exchange

Ving is an unchained rouge from the tengu race I benefit from flanked opponents and attacks of opportunity.Skills Trained
Acrobatics(Dex)--Bluf(Cha)-- Climb(Str)-- Stealth (Dex)-- Disguise(Cha)
Escape Artist(Dex)-- Intimidate(Cha)-- Linguistics(Int)-- Perception(Wis)-- Sleight of Hand(Dex)
Str(13)
Dex15+2=(17)
Con14-2=(12)
Int(14)
Wis10+2=(12)
Cha(10

Ving waits by the city gates ready to get it started!!!!

Liberty's Edge

Al'tair stops short in leaving as Daratas rushes in, seemingly amused. This is certainly shaping up to be an interesting group. he thinks to himself as chaos ensues for a few minutes. He leans into his cane until it quiets a bit then says to Bob, "The caves are about a day from here. We won't have to pack heavy."

He starts making his way to the door then, but before he reaches it he calls back, "I'll be grabbing some basic camping gear for the trip. Beyond that any mapping tools might be good to pick up, too." And with that he gives a wave and departs.

Grand Lodge

HP: 18 | Fort: 6 Ref 3 Wil: -1 | CMD: 14 | Perception -1, Sense Motive -1

Grennex finishes strapping his hammer to his belt and his shield to his pack. "Wait up Al'tair and I'll accompany you to the shop." He shuffles around Bob and Daratas, making his way to the door.

Unless we are playing out the scene at the shop, I just need 4 or 5 sheets of parchment, 5 pcs of charcoal, 4 pcs of chalk, and a spade.

The Exchange

Daratas follows after the group, venturing to purchase a journal, ink pen, some ink. With his new goods packed away he meets up at the gates quickly. 'Best not be late a second time.', he thinks to himself.

Grand Lodge

As Bob stans up I will meet you all by the gate

Grand Lodge

As Archie waits by the gate Sorry about that Brawn Bear, missed that post apparently. He attempts to write a short story musing about how poor Mr. Gulman would have come to trap himself within the caves. Perhaps he was chasing someone, or someone was chasing him, perhaps it's a metaphor for... Why am I so insufferably terrible at this! His piece of parchment burns up in frustration in his hands. Archibald then begins to ready his spells for the day, acting, poorly I might add, like there is something in both of his eyes and that he is not crying pathetically at the gate.
Bluff: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5 Would I add my charisma modifier to that roll even though I'm not trained in Bluff? Also, I ready Magic Missile and Vanish for Level 1 and I ready Mage Hand, Message, and Acid Splash for Level 0.


Yeah, you always add your modifier. There's just certain skills that can't be used at if untrained. I have to finish your sheet today, but they're marked on the sheet I'll be sending you.

The first phase of their Confirmation takes the party through Absalom, leads across the Cairnlands, along a well-worn path that leads toward Diobel, through the wilderness surrounding the Kortos Mounts, and culminates at the cave entrance noted in Janira’s Confirmation report. The journey through the City at the Center of the World is swift and without incident, and the long trek across the Cairnlands provides a great opportunity to discuss Master Shane’s class on the history of Absalom. Most of the journey is uneventful, Janira points out landmarks such as siege towers, distant mountains, or distinct flora and fauna along the journey.

The Exchange

Daratas stays at the rear of the group during the trek. He lags behind now and again, his body seems to automatically stray towards darker paths that offer more shadows.

When Janira begins discussing the various plants and animals of the area his ears perk up. He hustles to catch up to the halfling, listening carefully to see if recognizes any.
Knowledge (Nature): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19
"Are any of them rare, or possibly valuable as a trade good?". He asks Janira. As he waits for her answer, he opens his pack, digs about, and pulls out a wrapped journal along with an inkpen.

He begins trying to write in the book, holding his pen in a very awkward manner. 'I am beginning to think this won't be just like our scarification irons. How are you supposed to even grip these things?'. His face grows even more shocked when nothing will write on the page, failing to realize the purpose of the ink vial included in the kit. The sadness on his face disappears as he remembers something.

Scurrying over to Archibald, he gives a polite bow. "Excuse me, my good companion. Didn't I see you using one of these trick writing tools? Does it require magic of some kind?"

Grand Lodge

HP: 18 | Fort: 6 Ref 3 Wil: -1 | CMD: 14 | Perception -1, Sense Motive -1

Grennex keeps to the front of the group watching for danger.

Perception: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (12) - 1 = 11

"I don't see anything up here, nothing out of the ordinary." He keeps moving down the trail glancing left and right.

Grand Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.

ah my dear boy, the written word is a magic unlike any other Archibald says to Daratas. He takes the vial and the quill and begins to write. you have to woo it, court it, but above al- Archibald then spills some ink onto his already tattered cloak. RAGGLE FRAGGLE, fine! You dip the quill in the ink and then you write on the paper. And then you fail miserably for years and finally learn magic to make ends meat. SIGH, I hope you have better luck my friend In frustration Archibald checks his notes on the historical significance of the path they travel. knowledge (History): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16


Janira responds with a chuckle. "I'm afraid not, we're an hour by horse away from the largest city in the world, plants of use and value have become harvested to the point of becoming near worthless. The-"

Her speech is cut off as there's a crash in the nearby wood and the sound of trees falling. Wildlife scatters in all directions as...

Encounter Roll: 1d6 ⇒ 6

...Three giant fleas emerge from the underbrush, their large insect bodies skittering across the forest floor with ease. They seem to be running from the noise but upon seeing the party they rush forward to fight off the intruders!

Will roll initiative and set up map and sheets as soon as possible. At work now though. At Archibald, while that would normally be a passed DC, you can't remake a check on the same Knowledge Subject.
I like the RP though!

Grand Lodge

Archibald wretches, and hurls most of what he consumed at the tavern.bad day to drink a meal I suppose. Daratas, my new friend,
if we survive this, this would be a great story to write down in your new journal, make sure you describe me with less barfing, and better looking!
Okay gotcha, I thought it was for the Gillmen earlier my bad. Also, I am at work as well. So, if I take too long or anything like that lemme know.


Rolling Initiative

Archibald: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12
Bob: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16
Daratas: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18
Altair: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
Grennex: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18
Ving: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23
Giant Flea: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
Giant Flea: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18
Giant Flea: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8
Janira: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24

Order:
Janira
Ving Dahn
Daratas
Grennex

Giant Flea A
Bob The Great
Archibald
Giant Flea B
Altair
Giant Flea C

Bolded characters can post, and the turns will resolve in order of posting. You can drag your tokens around the map on the 3rd slide of the Handouts link. The map is big so your tokens are tiny, but it's all high resolution so you can zoom in fine. Things like Brush, Rocks, and Fallen Trees are Difficult Terrain. Any questions just let me know! Now, since Janira won Initiative...

Janira's reflexes kick in almost automatically as she instinctively rolls into the nearby brush. There's a hint of excitement in her voice as she calls out to the Pathfinders, "This will be your first trial initiates, show these bugs what a Pathfinder can do! The blood of greatness pulses through your veins, and the legacy of heroes is on your shoulders! Like our noble legends of old, your own path is beginning to blaze forward!" Her words of encouragement stoke a fire in your chests, as if filling you with power.

Bardic Performance (Oratory), Inspire Courage, +1 to Ally Attack and Damage Rolls

Grand Lodge

HP: 18 | Fort: 6 Ref 3 Wil: -1 | CMD: 14 | Perception -1, Sense Motive -1

Grennex lowers his shield in front of him and moves forward, holding his place and readying to smash anything that comes towards the group.

Ready Action: Attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17

Damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

With a grunt he swings his hammer forward bludgeoning the insect soundly.

The Exchange

Daratas scans the area, identifying the location of the three giant flees. The winds around him begin swirling furiously as he rushes up behind Grennex. 'Yikes, I don't want these monstrosities getting a whiff of my scent'. Free action=Basic Aerokinesis: 3 targeted enemies are now considered downwind from me for one hour

"You make a good wall friend. You protect my front, and I will protect you from the back. Let me know if you need me to push them around a little too." Daratas calls out to Grennex. His feet take stance, and his hands trail through the air in quick formation before one arm draws back.

Ready Action: Air Blast at 30ft: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13
Attack Damage: 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9

The arm pushes forward, unleashing a torrent of air whistling into the approaching flea.

The Exchange

Ving draws his weapons running towards the bushes to the right of Grennex. ready action for single attack.
Friends we will win this fight if I can get them flanked
swordattack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7
attackdamage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6


Daratas, where's the d8 coming from? Physical Elemental Blasts deal 1d6+1+CON. It's a kill regardless, just making sure I didn't miss anything.

The flea takes a massive leap off of its hindlegs and begins to rocket forward towards Altair, but partway through its jump it gets blasted by a burst of wind from Daratas! With a crash its body falls into the underbrush, kicking up dirt and leaves as it lands in the woods.

Red Flea Down. Blue Flea is Flea B, Green Flea is Flea C. Sorry for the delay, all holdups should be done with now.

Janira
Ving Dahn
Daratas
Grennex
Giant Flea Red (Down)

Bob The Great
Archibald

Giant Flea Blue
Altair
Giant Flea Green

Grand Lodge

As Bob here's janira inspired speech he moves towards the middle flea (green) with his mighty Eathbracker ready to come down hard
Ready Action:Attack 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20
Damage 2d8 + 10 ⇒ (7, 2) + 10 = 19

Grand Lodge

Damage 2d6 + 10 ⇒ (6, 2) + 10 = 18

Grand Lodge

I bite my thumb at you sir! Archibald takes a step to the right and fires a a bolt of magical energy out of his palm at the Giant Flea to the right of him and Bob. Magic Missile: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5


Archibald's hand explodes with force as a bolt of magic shoots across the battlefield near instantly, striking the insect vermin directly. The magic rips through the creature, causing its body to explode in a shower of off-color viscera accompanied by an unpleasant *SCREECH!*

The only remaining flea crouches momentarily then rockets into the sky, arcing over the trees and barreling forward so as to come down with teeth bared at Ving!

Charging Attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12
Damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

The bug narrowly misses Ving, its disgusting brown body landing squarely in front of the party.

Poor guy. I'm sure he'll do great this next turn!


Janira
Ving Dahn
Grennex
Daratas

Giant Flea Red
Bob The Great
Archibald

Giant Flea Blue
Altair
Giant Flea Green

Liberty's Edge

"Damn good shot!." he cheers Daratas' aerial interception. Then with a bit of flare he draws a long, thin blade from the sheath that is his cane. Swift action for sword cane.

He smirks at the last remaining flea and wades through the brush toward it and attacks around a tree.

Attack: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

Al'tair swings wide with a muttered curse.

Grand Lodge

HP: 18 | Fort: 6 Ref 3 Wil: -1 | CMD: 14 | Perception -1, Sense Motive -1

Grennex steps five feet to the side of Ving, "Let us end this and move along."

Attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
Damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

With a dull thud his hammer smacks the earth next to the bug.

Grand Lodge

Is anyone else worried about the other noise from the woods? I got so lost in my bloodlust I forgot the golden rule. ABH. Always be hiding.Archibald takes cover behind the tree and readies his dagger.

1 to 50 of 132 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Brawn Bear's "The Confirmation" All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2018 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.