Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

GM Blood's Rappan Athuk (PF)

Game Master David James Olsen

Current Map


301 to 350 of 3,008 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>

Half-elf hp=28/38(AC18/ff16/t18) {F=+7/R=+8/W=+9} CMD 21 Ranger 1/Monk 3 Senses: Perception: +20 [+21 traps]/Sense Motive +14/Darkvision 60'

North alcove and work clockwise. Greataxe in hands vs bow. Add 6 more rolls for a careful look at the symbols over the alcove before entering the alcove. Think this will consume 36 minutes assuming no interruption :-)


HP 41/41 | Per +0 | CMB +7 | CMD 20, AC 20, Touch 13, Flat 17 | Fort +7, Ref +4, Will +2 (+1 vs Fear)

Hermann holds his crossbow ready in case something comes through a door.


Is everyone rotating with Jokbur as he searches or standing in a spot/watching a specific door?


Male Grippli (we do it froggy style) Bard(Dawnflower Dervish)/1 - Monk(Monk of Many Styles/Monk of the Lotus)/2- Fighter(Lore Warden)/1 - Inquisitor(Conversion Inquisition)/0 - HP 27/44; AC22/26, FF17/21, T22/26; F+8,R+11,W+10; Init+7; Per+11

I will stand back in the middle, scimitar in hand, slowly scanning and watching all the entrances to see if anything decides to try to make us dinner.

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26


AC 12 (T 12 FF 11); Maximum HP: 24; Current HP: 24 F +4, R +3, W +6

Edmund reclines at the entrance (at the bottom of the stairs), leaning against a wall and his cane.


HP 22/29; Bat. Dance 10/13; Glitterdust 1/1; 1st - 3/4
Stats:
AC 21; T 14; FF 17 // Fort +4, Ref +8, Will +4 // Perception +5

Ariella will stand just inside the entrance (the 5' square immediately inside the entrance).


HP 41/41 | Per +0 | CMB +7 | CMD 20, AC 20, Touch 13, Flat 17 | Fort +7, Ref +4, Will +2 (+1 vs Fear)

Standing in/near the middle covering each door in turn.


HP 29/34, AC 23, CMD 18, Fort +10, Ref +10, Will +8, Smite 1/1, AoO 5/5, LoH 4/6

Jonas stands off to the side of Jokbur using his shield and pole-torch to provide plenty of light.


Jokbur begins in the north alcove, checking first where the mouth showed up, then checking just inside the alcove, then the door with no traps found.

He then moves clockwise and checks out the goat's face above the alcove, then starts to check just inside. As he is searching he notices that the floor isn't solid and would give way if weight was placed on it.

Want to take care of this first or continue to check all the alcoves first?


Male Grippli (we do it froggy style) Bard(Dawnflower Dervish)/1 - Monk(Monk of Many Styles/Monk of the Lotus)/2- Fighter(Lore Warden)/1 - Inquisitor(Conversion Inquisition)/0 - HP 27/44; AC22/26, FF17/21, T22/26; F+8,R+11,W+10; Init+7; Per+11

Lets check them all so that we do not forget when we return to check another.


GM Blood:

Random 1d20 ⇒ 7

Moving clockwise Jokbur checks the next alcove, first the skull, then the alcove, then last the door. Nothing discovered.

Jokbur moves the the south alcove. He checks the Pentacle, then the alcove, then finally the door. Nothing discovered.

Moving the the next alcove he checks the hand, then the alcove. As he is checking inside the alcove he finds another section of the floor that will drop with weight on it.

Finally the last alcove blocked by a portcullis, a search of the wolf's head reveals nothing.


Male Grippli (we do it froggy style) Bard(Dawnflower Dervish)/1 - Monk(Monk of Many Styles/Monk of the Lotus)/2- Fighter(Lore Warden)/1 - Inquisitor(Conversion Inquisition)/0 - HP 27/44; AC22/26, FF17/21, T22/26; F+8,R+11,W+10; Init+7; Per+11

So, we have 6 entrances. 1, 3 and 4 are not trapped, 2 and 5 are trapped. And 6 is blocked by a portcullis?

I think that we should work clockwise around the tunnels. Start with the one on the left and then move to the right from there.


Quirmydt, correct with 1 being the north entrance


Half-elf hp=28/38(AC18/ff16/t18) {F=+7/R=+8/W=+9} CMD 21 Ranger 1/Monk 3 Senses: Perception: +20 [+21 traps]/Sense Motive +14/Darkvision 60'

Are the traps on 2 and 5 circumvented just by discovery? Is there a mechanism that can be seen to disable, or do we have to find some big rocks to set it off?


Male Grippli (we do it froggy style) Bard(Dawnflower Dervish)/1 - Monk(Monk of Many Styles/Monk of the Lotus)/2- Fighter(Lore Warden)/1 - Inquisitor(Conversion Inquisition)/0 - HP 27/44; AC22/26, FF17/21, T22/26; F+8,R+11,W+10; Init+7; Per+11

It looks like a few small logs should do it.

Qui then looks up at his larger friends.

Ok, perhaps a few large logs would work better for you all.


Half-elf hp=28/38(AC18/ff16/t18) {F=+7/R=+8/W=+9} CMD 21 Ranger 1/Monk 3 Senses: Perception: +20 [+21 traps]/Sense Motive +14/Darkvision 60'

Jokbur will ask Herman and Jonas to mark the entrance to 2 and 5 with large rocks while he was checking the wolf.

Pointing to doors 1, 3 and 4 (N, SE and S I think) "Those are clear if we want to explore and let the traps wait."


You could set the traps off with something heavy or use disable device on it. If you want you could use disable device to bypass the trap somehow so it wouldn't open. However to do that you would have to risk setting it off and potentially falling in if you rolled poorly


Half-elf hp=28/38(AC18/ff16/t18) {F=+7/R=+8/W=+9} CMD 21 Ranger 1/Monk 3 Senses: Perception: +20 [+21 traps]/Sense Motive +14/Darkvision 60'

Having marked the NE and NW entrances with large stones, Jokbur gathers his companions and heads to the SE door spending another 2 minutes listening carefully and examining the door before opening it.

The ranger whispers, "Jonas, Herman, get those long weapons ready, I'm opening the door in a bit."
Take 20 again searching.


HP 41/41 | Per +0 | CMB +7 | CMD 20, AC 20, Touch 13, Flat 17 | Fort +7, Ref +4, Will +2 (+1 vs Fear)

"Alright, Jokbur," said Hermann, gently releasing the cord of his crossbow to de-arm it and picking up his pike.


HP 29/34, AC 23, CMD 18, Fort +10, Ref +10, Will +8, Smite 1/1, AoO 5/5, LoH 4/6

"Hold up a moment." Jonus says, pulling out a stick of chalk and drawing a circle around the trapped areas of the floor Jokbur had noted.

Righting himself and taking up a position opposite Hermann, he nodded. "Alright, go ahead."


Half-elf hp=28/38(AC18/ff16/t18) {F=+7/R=+8/W=+9} CMD 21 Ranger 1/Monk 3 Senses: Perception: +20 [+21 traps]/Sense Motive +14/Darkvision 60'

If nothing suspicious, Jokbur uses his hood to create an area of dark shadows to prep his darkvision and opens the door.


HP 22/29; Bat. Dance 10/13; Glitterdust 1/1; 1st - 3/4
Stats:
AC 21; T 14; FF 17 // Fort +4, Ref +8, Will +4 // Perception +5

"Does anybody need light?" Ariella asks the group. "I can cast it on a weapon or other object."


HP 29/34, AC 23, CMD 18, Fort +10, Ref +10, Will +8, Smite 1/1, AoO 5/5, LoH 4/6

Standing with both his weapon and his shield on fire, Jonas just lifts an amused, brotherly eyebrow at Ariella.


Male Grippli (we do it froggy style) Bard(Dawnflower Dervish)/1 - Monk(Monk of Many Styles/Monk of the Lotus)/2- Fighter(Lore Warden)/1 - Inquisitor(Conversion Inquisition)/0 - HP 27/44; AC22/26, FF17/21, T22/26; F+8,R+11,W+10; Init+7; Per+11

The frog takes out his wee little scimitar and stands next to those with long weapons prepared to flank anything that might come through.

Well all, the time has come to face our fate. May the Dawnflower smile upon us this day.


You open the door and see a long hallway in front of you

Map of What you see

This isn't the same as the battle map, this is just a static screen shot I took. You are currently at the open door. When moving around I will have a new screenshot with new views.


Male Grippli (we do it froggy style) Bard(Dawnflower Dervish)/1 - Monk(Monk of Many Styles/Monk of the Lotus)/2- Fighter(Lore Warden)/1 - Inquisitor(Conversion Inquisition)/0 - HP 27/44; AC22/26, FF17/21, T22/26; F+8,R+11,W+10; Init+7; Per+11

Seeing the tunnel, Qui sheathes his scimitar and looks to the others.

With the traps on the floor, why don't I see if I can scale the wall and search ahead?

Take-10 for a 17 on the climb.

Stealth: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (1) + 12 = 13

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16

Having not done a lot of dungeon wall climbing, Qui is not the quietest on his first attempt.

I have a Climb speed of 20', I will carefully go down to the first intersection and look both north and south.


Half-elf hp=28/38(AC18/ff16/t18) {F=+7/R=+8/W=+9} CMD 21 Ranger 1/Monk 3 Senses: Perception: +20 [+21 traps]/Sense Motive +14/Darkvision 60'

Jokbur follows 30' behind and waves the others forward after 20 '.
per/stealth: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (8) + 16 = 241d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20


HP 41/41 | Per +0 | CMB +7 | CMD 20, AC 20, Touch 13, Flat 17 | Fort +7, Ref +4, Will +2 (+1 vs Fear)

Hermann follows carefully behind Jokbur and Qui?, ready to rush in to support the scout(s) at a moment's notice.


HP 22/29; Bat. Dance 10/13; Glitterdust 1/1; 1st - 3/4
Stats:
AC 21; T 14; FF 17 // Fort +4, Ref +8, Will +4 // Perception +5

Ariella goes along behind Hermann, motioning Edmund to sandwich himself between her and Jonas.


AC 12 (T 12 FF 11); Maximum HP: 24; Current HP: 24 F +4, R +3, W +6

Edmund goes where he's told.

Now that they're on the move, Edmund obviously doesn't need his cane for walking. Instead, he has it gripped in his right hand more as a club then a walking aid. His crossbow hangs in front of him, dangling from its strap, a bolt already loaded. Whoever walks behind him should hope the trigger is secure.


Qui sneaks down the hallway and peers around the corner to view the hallways that go north and south. To the north he sees a small hallway that branches to two doors. To the south is a very long hallway with what looks to be other hallways that branch off of it.

Updated look

Sorry about that darkness of the map, didn't seem so bad on my computer last night. Will find a lighter background.


Male Grippli (we do it froggy style) Bard(Dawnflower Dervish)/1 - Monk(Monk of Many Styles/Monk of the Lotus)/2- Fighter(Lore Warden)/1 - Inquisitor(Conversion Inquisition)/0 - HP 27/44; AC22/26, FF17/21, T22/26; F+8,R+11,W+10; Init+7; Per+11

Was about to move it here, then my computer went wonky and I had to reboot.
Transferred from the OOC

I look at the others: This wall is pretty smooth. Even if I was careful, it would be a tough climb. It has been quite a while since I spent much time climbing.

If you want, tie a rope around me so that you can pull me back if something happens.

Qui only weighs 50lbs including all his equipment.


Male Grippli (we do it froggy style) Bard(Dawnflower Dervish)/1 - Monk(Monk of Many Styles/Monk of the Lotus)/2- Fighter(Lore Warden)/1 - Inquisitor(Conversion Inquisition)/0 - HP 27/44; AC22/26, FF17/21, T22/26; F+8,R+11,W+10; Init+7; Per+11

Also, I cast Message before I leave on the mission so that I can communicate with the party, or at least one party member at this level, from up to 100 feet.

Whisper: I do not see much here. Hall goes north to two doors. South is a long hallway.
You all can quietly come up to the intersection, then I will check the north side with the doors.


HP 22/29; Bat. Dance 10/13; Glitterdust 1/1; 1st - 3/4
Stats:
AC 21; T 14; FF 17 // Fort +4, Ref +8, Will +4 // Perception +5

Ariella will advance behind the others, waiting for Jockbur to check for traps.


HP 29/34, AC 23, CMD 18, Fort +10, Ref +10, Will +8, Smite 1/1, AoO 5/5, LoH 4/6

Qui, you have a Climb Speed. You shouldn't even need to make climb checks. To you climbing is like walking. Since you're basically a tree frog, you could probably even climb something as smooth as glass.

Jonas follows shoulder to shoulder with Hermann, letting Jokbur check the walls and floors for traps ahead of them.


Male Grippli (we do it froggy style) Bard(Dawnflower Dervish)/1 - Monk(Monk of Many Styles/Monk of the Lotus)/2- Fighter(Lore Warden)/1 - Inquisitor(Conversion Inquisition)/0 - HP 27/44; AC22/26, FF17/21, T22/26; F+8,R+11,W+10; Init+7; Per+11

Climb speed gives me +8 to climb. But I do not have any ranks in Climb and a low strength. So, I am only +7 at present. I will put 1 skill point into it next level to get to +11.

DM says that the wall is pretty sheer, so a DC20. My take 10 is only 17 right now.

Sort of like flying, all a fly speed does is give you a +8 of Fly checks. You can still crash, it is just harder.


OK at the intersection now, where does Qui go next? You said north. Where are you going to go?


Male Grippli (we do it froggy style) Bard(Dawnflower Dervish)/1 - Monk(Monk of Many Styles/Monk of the Lotus)/2- Fighter(Lore Warden)/1 - Inquisitor(Conversion Inquisition)/0 - HP 27/44; AC22/26, FF17/21, T22/26; F+8,R+11,W+10; Init+7; Per+11

I will head north, toward the doors.

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19


You approach the next intersection and peer around the corners

What Qui Sees


Male Grippli (we do it froggy style) Bard(Dawnflower Dervish)/1 - Monk(Monk of Many Styles/Monk of the Lotus)/2- Fighter(Lore Warden)/1 - Inquisitor(Conversion Inquisition)/0 - HP 27/44; AC22/26, FF17/21, T22/26; F+8,R+11,W+10; Init+7; Per+11

Whisper (Jokbur hears this and I assume relates it to the others.): Still nothing - there are two doors here. Do we want to check the doors? Or look at the other halls first?


HP 22/29; Bat. Dance 10/13; Glitterdust 1/1; 1st - 3/4
Stats:
AC 21; T 14; FF 17 // Fort +4, Ref +8, Will +4 // Perception +5

Well since we're 20 ft. back from him, he'd have to be pretty loud to relate it to us. But if he does...

"I'd say not to open any doors until we have to. In other words see the whole hallway first and know all our options. Then we can clear them systematically. Who knows how big this place is..."


Ariella, Quirmydt cast the message spell allowing him to whisper that back to your group


HP 22/29; Bat. Dance 10/13; Glitterdust 1/1; 1st - 3/4
Stats:
AC 21; T 14; FF 17 // Fort +4, Ref +8, Will +4 // Perception +5

I thought he only cast it on Jockbur (because he can only target one person), and that Jockbur was 20 ft. ahead of us, with Qui another 30 ft. out. Is that wrong?


HP 41/41 | Per +0 | CMB +7 | CMD 20, AC 20, Touch 13, Flat 17 | Fort +7, Ref +4, Will +2 (+1 vs Fear)

Doh-de-doh-de-doo. Daveyyyyy, Davey Crockett: King of the Wild Frontier. (Just checking in!)


Male Grippli (we do it froggy style) Bard(Dawnflower Dervish)/1 - Monk(Monk of Many Styles/Monk of the Lotus)/2- Fighter(Lore Warden)/1 - Inquisitor(Conversion Inquisition)/0 - HP 27/44; AC22/26, FF17/21, T22/26; F+8,R+11,W+10; Init+7; Per+11

I only cast it once. I can point at Ariella and be able to talk to both of you. You just cannot talk to each other.

When I move back across the junction to check the south tunnel, I will cast Message again on Ariella so that I can talk with her as well.


Half-elf hp=28/38(AC18/ff16/t18) {F=+7/R=+8/W=+9} CMD 21 Ranger 1/Monk 3 Senses: Perception: +20 [+21 traps]/Sense Motive +14/Darkvision 60'

The ranger waves everyone together at the junction. The decision to explore hallway before doors seems sound.

Whispers --"south?"


HP 41/41 | Per +0 | CMB +7 | CMD 20, AC 20, Touch 13, Flat 17 | Fort +7, Ref +4, Will +2 (+1 vs Fear)

"Aye, no doors until we've mapped as much of the full terrain as possible. It'd be a nightmare to open on one front and get flanked from a passage we didn't about," agreed Hermann - likewise whispering.


GM Blood:

1d20 ⇒ 4
2d4 ⇒ (3, 4) = 7
1d4 ⇒ 2

Initiative Jokbur Oakenshield 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
Initiative Quirmydt Dephroug 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9
Initiative Hermann von Rabenstrange 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21
Initiative Ariella Hearth 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11
Initiative Edmund Gwenn 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
Initiative Jonas Hearth 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14
Initiative Rats 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19

After Quirmydt sneaks north and comes back to relay what he saw, the group decides to scout the south. As Quirmydt moves to the south (about one move action back to the crossway), 5 filthy rats, the size of a small dog with a coat of coarse fur, a long and scabby tail, and two glittering eyes come out of holes in the walls in the north hallway. They sniff around and start to approach you.

Map is temporary for right now, I will update it tonight with coordinates

Knowledge (nature) DC 10:
This dog sized rodent is a dire rat. Dire rats are scavengers, but fearlessly defend their territory.

Knowledge (nature) DC 15:
A dire rat spreads filth fever, a dangerous disease, with its sharp bite.

Round 1

Initiative Order - Hermann, Rats, Jonas, Ariella , Quirmydt, Jokbur, Edmund

Monster Stats AC 14 T 12 FF 12


Male Grippli (we do it froggy style) Bard(Dawnflower Dervish)/1 - Monk(Monk of Many Styles/Monk of the Lotus)/2- Fighter(Lore Warden)/1 - Inquisitor(Conversion Inquisition)/0 - HP 27/44; AC22/26, FF17/21, T22/26; F+8,R+11,W+10; Init+7; Per+11

Knowledge(untrained): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15 <-- only gets the DC10

Hearing the skittering from the north, Qui turns around and looks behind him: Rats, damn dire rats. Filthy creatures.


Half-elf hp=28/38(AC18/ff16/t18) {F=+7/R=+8/W=+9} CMD 21 Ranger 1/Monk 3 Senses: Perception: +20 [+21 traps]/Sense Motive +14/Darkvision 60'

nature: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19

"With nasty disease of filth fever. Ready those long jabs."

301 to 350 of 3,008 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Blood's Rappan Athuk (PF) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.