Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

GM Blood's Rappan Athuk (PF) (Inactive)

Game Master David James Olsen

Current Map


201 to 250 of 3,070 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Male Grippli (we do it froggy style) Bard(Dawnflower Dervish)/1 - Monk(Monk of Many Styles/Monk of the Lotus)/2- Fighter(Lore Warden)/1 - Inquisitor(Conversion Inquisition)/0 - HP 27/44; AC22/26, FF17/21, T22/26; F+8,R+11,W+10; Init+7; Per+11

Hmmm, gotta love when the guy with the high perception and the high Init gets the lowest roll on both, oh well.

DM Blood:
Did I not sense that this voice was not genuine and a complete lie with the 24 Sense Motive?

Waiting on map for actions.


HP 22/29; Bat. Dance 9/13; Glitterdust 1/1; 1st - 3/4
Stats:
AC 21; T 14; FF 17 // Fort +4, Ref +8, Will +4 // Perception +5

Map

It's a static URL. He's not gonna keep linking to it. I've bookmarked it for easy access.


Also linked above.

Qui:
I should have confirmed things didn't seem right, but I felt you had that covered and weren't falling for it. (It could have been much worse)


Male Grippli (we do it froggy style) Bard(Dawnflower Dervish)/1 - Monk(Monk of Many Styles/Monk of the Lotus)/2- Fighter(Lore Warden)/1 - Inquisitor(Conversion Inquisition)/0 - HP 27/44; AC22/26, FF17/21, T22/26; F+8,R+11,W+10; Init+7; Per+11

DM Blood:

Yeh, would have probably tried to stop the others from charging forward as far if I had sensed that his voice did not sound exhausted and in pain.


HP 29/34, AC 23, CMD 18, Fort +10, Ref +10, Will +8, Smite 1/1, AoO 5/5, LoH 4/6

on my action I'd like to go full defensive, stand up and get back to the cottage.


Half-elf hp=38/38(AC18/ff16/t18) {F=+7/R=+8/W=+9} CMD 21 Ranger 1/Monk 3 Senses: Perception: +20 [+21 traps]/Sense Motive +14/Darkvision 60'

Watching Jonas tripped, Jokbur shouts some suggestions, "Jonas, you might as well use your divine juju on the middle one from the ground. He can't trip you if you're already down. Qui, hit the wolf to our far right and step back so we can get a clear shot. We concentrate on the two to my right. Jonas, see if you and Herman can take out the middle one; Qui, Ariella and I can target the other one. Edmund can focus fire at the end to hit the most wounded one."


HP 41/41 | Per +0 | CMB +7 | CMD 20, AC 20, Touch 13, Flat 17 | Fort +7, Ref +4, Will +2 (+1 vs Fear)

Hermann will move back slowly to keep pace with Jonas as he crawls back, drawing his shortsword to cover the grounded holy warrior.

"Qui, stay with us!"

Move Action: move backwards, drawing my backup weapon at the same time.
Standard Action: Fight defensively (+2 AC)

Status:

HP 17
AC 22, Touch 13, Flat 17
In Hands: shortsword (both-handing)


Male Grippli (we do it froggy style) Bard(Dawnflower Dervish)/1 - Monk(Monk of Many Styles/Monk of the Lotus)/2- Fighter(Lore Warden)/1 - Inquisitor(Conversion Inquisition)/0 - HP 27/44; AC22/26, FF17/21, T22/26; F+8,R+11,W+10; Init+7; Per+11

Slightly confused here. If Jonas attacked a wolf, I will attack the same one. He has posted an attack in the OOC for some reason, but an OOC comment here.

We should stay here until Jonas is up. Hit the middle wolf first.

If Jonas is here, I will stay with him and attack:

Move Action: Start Battle Dance
Attack-H/24: 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 6 + 2 = 14
Damage: 1d4 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 5 + 2 = 11

If everyone else retreats, I will do a withdraw action to stay with them.


HP 29/34, AC 23, CMD 18, Fort +10, Ref +10, Will +8, Smite 1/1, AoO 5/5, LoH 4/6

I was posting from my phone and for some reason I was having trouble loading the gameplay page. Sorry.


Male Grippli (we do it froggy style) Bard(Dawnflower Dervish)/1 - Monk(Monk of Many Styles/Monk of the Lotus)/2- Fighter(Lore Warden)/1 - Inquisitor(Conversion Inquisition)/0 - HP 27/44; AC22/26, FF17/21, T22/26; F+8,R+11,W+10; Init+7; Per+11

Ok, so I am correct that you were attacking with smite from the ground? And not retreating?


HP 29/34, AC 23, CMD 18, Fort +10, Ref +10, Will +8, Smite 1/1, AoO 5/5, LoH 4/6

Yes. I can't retreat without provoking AoOs. Since their attacks have a good chance of tripping me again, the risk isn't worth it until I'm threatened by fewer of them.


Male Grippli (we do it froggy style) Bard(Dawnflower Dervish)/1 - Monk(Monk of Many Styles/Monk of the Lotus)/2- Fighter(Lore Warden)/1 - Inquisitor(Conversion Inquisition)/0 - HP 27/44; AC22/26, FF17/21, T22/26; F+8,R+11,W+10; Init+7; Per+11

If both of us hit the wolf, it should go down. Then you can get up with only one AoO.


Quirmydt, You would have to move at least 10' to attack Jonas's opponent, which would mean an AoO from the one you are fighting and you also wouldn't be able to do your battle dance, so its either attack yours or take the AoO and not do battle dance.


Male Grippli (we do it froggy style) Bard(Dawnflower Dervish)/1 - Monk(Monk of Many Styles/Monk of the Lotus)/2- Fighter(Lore Warden)/1 - Inquisitor(Conversion Inquisition)/0 - HP 27/44; AC22/26, FF17/21, T22/26; F+8,R+11,W+10; Init+7; Per+11

No - both Jonas and I are attacking the one in the middle I think. If one of us killed it, then I assume switch our attack to the other one. We are both attempting to eliminate the flanker.


Quirmydt Dephroug wrote:
No - both Jonas and I are attacking the one in the middle I think. If one of us killed it, then I assume switch our attack to the other one. We are both attempting to eliminate the flanker.

Got it!


Qui and Jonas combine hits on the middle wolf thing. You are quite confident that would have taken out a regular wolf, but though you have wounded the larger talking wolf, it is still on its feet


AC 12 (T 12 FF 11); Maximum HP: 24; Current HP: 24 F +4, R +3, W +6

Edmund sends a magic missile at the center one.
Damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
Trip: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16

"I know it's tough, but concentrate your fire on the injured one, even if it's hard to make the shot."


Half-elf hp=38/38(AC18/ff16/t18) {F=+7/R=+8/W=+9} CMD 21 Ranger 1/Monk 3 Senses: Perception: +20 [+21 traps]/Sense Motive +14/Darkvision 60'

Jokbur moves next to Edmund (H9) at the window (if he didn't have a clear shot from his attempted climb to the top of the wall) and takes a shot with his longbow.

Jokbur shoots at the middle one if it is still up and if his shot is clear Jokbur won't take a -8

Longbow1d20 + 4 - 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 - 4 = 61d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7


HP 41/41 | Per +0 | CMB +7 | CMD 20, AC 20, Touch 13, Flat 17 | Fort +7, Ref +4, Will +2 (+1 vs Fear)

GM Blood:
GM Blood wrote:

fixed. Sorry been really busy today, will try and find some time for an update

Were you attacking before 5' stepping?

Since Jonas' actions were still up in the air when I posted on the assumption he was going to crawl backwards, I'll "try again" to keep in the spirit with what I was originally attempting to do in the first place, which was cover Jonas.

Aid Another (Jonas): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11 Success, barely. Jonas gets +2 AC to help compensate for the -4 for being Prone.

If you haven't worked on their next actions yet, discard the 5-foot step back to prevent Jonas and Qui from getting flanked.


The wolves move to flank

Attack on Qui

Worg #2 Bite 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 7 + 2 = 23 *Hit*
Damage 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

Attack on Jonas (Prone)

Worg #3 Bite 1d20 + 7 + 2 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 7 + 2 + 4 = 20
Damage 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9

Worg #1 Bite 1d20 + 7 + 2 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 7 + 2 + 4 = 17
Damage 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

The wolves get closer, but still a couple rounds away.....

Round 2

Initiative Order - Monster, Hermann, Ariella , Quirmydt, Edmund, Jonas, Jokbur

Monster Stats AC 14 T 12 FF 12


Male Grippli (we do it froggy style) Bard(Dawnflower Dervish)/1 - Monk(Monk of Many Styles/Monk of the Lotus)/2- Fighter(Lore Warden)/1 - Inquisitor(Conversion Inquisition)/0 - HP 27/44; AC22/26, FF17/21, T22/26; F+8,R+11,W+10; Init+7; Per+11

I had intended to 5-foot step last round once I heard that Hermann had moved. The 21 would have hit anyway, so it does not make much difference.

Round 2

Ouch, bad doggie.

I delay until after Jonas and Hermann go. If Worg 3 is still standing, I will hit it, otherwise I will hit Worg 2.

Attack: 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 6 + 2 = 27
Damage: 1d4 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 5 + 2 = 9

Crit confirm: 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 6 + 2 = 24
Damage: 1d4 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 5 + 2 = 8

The little frogman's blade flashes out almost faster than you can see. Moments later a great deal of blood is readily flowing from the worg's gut.

If Worg 3 goes down, I will 5-foot step into his position to reduce the chance of flanking and allow the shots without penalty.

Battle Dance - 2/4 rounds left.


HP 41/41 | Per +0 | CMB +7 | CMD 20, AC 20, Touch 13, Flat 17 | Fort +7, Ref +4, Will +2 (+1 vs Fear)

Hermann takes a mighty swing at the creature as it dove into their midst, scoring a grievous wound.

Attack (Greatsword, Power Attack, #3): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18
Damage: 2d6 + 9 ⇒ (3, 4) + 9 = 16

Status:

HP 17
AC 20, Touch 13, Flat 17
In Hands: Greatsword


HP 22/29; Bat. Dance 9/13; Glitterdust 1/1; 1st - 3/4
Stats:
AC 21; T 14; FF 17 // Fort +4, Ref +8, Will +4 // Perception +5

Round 2

Status:

Current AC 18 (Dropping shield this round)
Current HP 9/9
In Hand:Longbow (Both hands)
Current Effects ()
Fire Bolt 5/6
Channel Energy (1d6) 3/6

Ariella seeing Jonas go down begins cursing in a manner more befitting a sailor than a priestess of the Everlight. She shrugs the shield off her arm and draws her longbow from over her shoulder. Knocking an arrow, she waits for Qui to move, leaving her a clear shot at the southern most wolf. She lets the shaft loose with a hope and a prayer.

Delay until after Qui
Free action drop shield. Move action draw longbow.
Attack on #2 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14 Yay!
Damage 1d8 ⇒ 5

Hopefully along with Edmund and Jockbur we can drop #2 this round as well. It's taken 22 damage so far. We're probably gonna have to let Jonas play dead for now. I can't get to him in time with a 20' move to do anything before the other wolves show up. If Hermann and/or Qui try to drag him same thing.


Half-elf hp=38/38(AC18/ff16/t18) {F=+7/R=+8/W=+9} CMD 21 Ranger 1/Monk 3 Senses: Perception: +20 [+21 traps]/Sense Motive +14/Darkvision 60'

Round 2
With a clear shot at the unengaged wolf, Jokbur looses another arrow.
hit/dam 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 201d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
"Edmund, if you can, make sure you save the slippery stuff for the door defense. We're gonna need it."


AC 12 (T 12 FF 11); Maximum HP: 24; Current HP: 24 F +4, R +3, W +6

"No kidding!"

Edmund raises his crossbow, aims at 3, and fires.
Attack: 1d20 + 2 - 4 ⇒ (19) + 2 - 4 = 17
Crit confirm: 1d20 + 2 - 4 ⇒ (6) + 2 - 4 = 4
Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 2

The amazing shot that wasn't... :(

He then reloads the bow.


Hermann hits the worg putting it down for good. The Worg next to Quirmydt is shocked one of them were defeated and leaves an opening for Quirmydt whose hit greatly wounds it. As Quirmydt steps away from the worg, Jokbur Ariella and Edmund hit it with arrows putting it down.

Jonas is up Unless I misread his AC and he is actually at negatives


Male Grippli (we do it froggy style) Bard(Dawnflower Dervish)/1 - Monk(Monk of Many Styles/Monk of the Lotus)/2- Fighter(Lore Warden)/1 - Inquisitor(Conversion Inquisition)/0 - HP 27/44; AC22/26, FF17/21, T22/26; F+8,R+11,W+10; Init+7; Per+11

Nope, looks like his AC is 22. About as high as I have seen for a level 1 character.


Male Grippli (we do it froggy style) Bard(Dawnflower Dervish)/1 - Monk(Monk of Many Styles/Monk of the Lotus)/2- Fighter(Lore Warden)/1 - Inquisitor(Conversion Inquisition)/0 - HP 27/44; AC22/26, FF17/21, T22/26; F+8,R+11,W+10; Init+7; Per+11

Seeing the worg fall, the wee frogman smiles and calls to those in the cottage.

Nice shooting.

He then moves around to E22 (should be able to do this without any AoO.

Free Action: Stop Battle Dance - 2/4 rounds left.

Attack: 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 6 + 2 = 20 <-- +2 flanking
Damage: 1d4 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9

Looks like the puppies friends didn't want to stay and play.


Quirmydt That is your round 3 action, right? Not quite there yet! :)


Male Grippli (we do it froggy style) Bard(Dawnflower Dervish)/1 - Monk(Monk of Many Styles/Monk of the Lotus)/2- Fighter(Lore Warden)/1 - Inquisitor(Conversion Inquisition)/0 - HP 27/44; AC22/26, FF17/21, T22/26; F+8,R+11,W+10; Init+7; Per+11

Oops, yeh, did not go back and check.


Will move things along since Jonas is prone anyways

The worg seeing both of his brothers go down has no taste left for battle, and perhaps seeing the benefits to being the sole pack leader full withdraws back into the trees. The pack of wolves which is at least over a half dozen are probably about 1 to 2 rounds from getting to you (depending if you chase the worg or retreat to the cottage)

You are all up depending on what you would like to do


Male Grippli (we do it froggy style) Bard(Dawnflower Dervish)/1 - Monk(Monk of Many Styles/Monk of the Lotus)/2- Fighter(Lore Warden)/1 - Inquisitor(Conversion Inquisition)/0 - HP 27/44; AC22/26, FF17/21, T22/26; F+8,R+11,W+10; Init+7; Per+11

Qui considers chasing the worg, but realizes that in the woods, the pack will have an advantage. So, he instead helps Jonas up and then withdraws back to the cottage leaving the dead worgs where they are lying temporarily.

Time to get back to the cottage.


HP 22/29; Bat. Dance 9/13; Glitterdust 1/1; 1st - 3/4
Stats:
AC 21; T 14; FF 17 // Fort +4, Ref +8, Will +4 // Perception +5

"We are redeemed, praise Sarenrae! Get inside quickly, we can barricade the door and I will heal you." Ariella encourages the others, beckoning them onwards.


HP 41/41 | Per +0 | CMB +7 | CMD 20, AC 20, Touch 13, Flat 17 | Fort +7, Ref +4, Will +2 (+1 vs Fear)

"Aye, master Frog!"

Grabbing Jonas' other arm, he hauls the man upright and slaps his back, the palm slap as his hand hits the younger man's armor ringing out again. "It ain't nap time yet; back to the cottage!"


The wolves hang around for a short time like they are thinking of attacking or hoping they can lure you out, but the worg seems ready to retreat. Eventually they leave the area as the worg calls out, "We'll be back for you and next time we will rip your throats out"

Combat Over


Male Grippli (we do it froggy style) Bard(Dawnflower Dervish)/1 - Monk(Monk of Many Styles/Monk of the Lotus)/2- Fighter(Lore Warden)/1 - Inquisitor(Conversion Inquisition)/0 - HP 27/44; AC22/26, FF17/21, T22/26; F+8,R+11,W+10; Init+7; Per+11

Qui calls out when he hears the worg: Just make sure you tell your worg friends that you ran from a frog with your tail between your legs.


HP 22/29; Bat. Dance 9/13; Glitterdust 1/1; 1st - 3/4
Stats:
AC 21; T 14; FF 17 // Fort +4, Ref +8, Will +4 // Perception +5

Once everyone is inside, and the door is closed Ariella will release another two healing bursts from her holy symbol.

Channel Energy x3 2d6 ⇒ (5, 2) = 7

"There, that should patch you all up a bit. Anybody still injured?" She asks.


Half-elf hp=38/38(AC18/ff16/t18) {F=+7/R=+8/W=+9} CMD 21 Ranger 1/Monk 3 Senses: Perception: +20 [+21 traps]/Sense Motive +14/Darkvision 60'

Jokbur likes a perch above the doorway straddling what is left of the wall. He anchors his legs while making sure he has a clear view of the forward approach. A few arrows are pushed into the poorly constructed wall for easy retrieval.

"It is much better with the heavies at the door. At the right time we need the slippery stuff to trip those trippers."


Male Grippli (we do it froggy style) Bard(Dawnflower Dervish)/1 - Monk(Monk of Many Styles/Monk of the Lotus)/2- Fighter(Lore Warden)/1 - Inquisitor(Conversion Inquisition)/0 - HP 27/44; AC22/26, FF17/21, T22/26; F+8,R+11,W+10; Init+7; Per+11

Two down and the third pretty bashed up. I doubt they will be back during daylight. Lets get this place secured. Block the windows and try to get a roof of some sort. I can work on the high stuff. I may not be that strong, but I can climb pretty good.

Qui looks up to see where he can fasten branches to form some shelter from the weather if necessary.


HP 41/41 | Per +0 | CMB +7 | CMD 20, AC 20, Touch 13, Flat 17 | Fort +7, Ref +4, Will +2 (+1 vs Fear)

Hermann carefully places his beloved greatsword against a wall near the entry way. He then lays out his longspear on top of the barricade in a position ready to pick it up if anything else comes near the ruined house. Crossbow loaded and drawn, he stares out into the night, grim determination plain on his face.

After an hour or so of this, with (presumably) no more signs of wolves or sounds of bump in the night, he at last speaks up, "We need rest if we're to proceed any further. Qui or Jokbur, one of you should take the second watch with me or Jonas. That'll leave the other two of us for first. I'll take second, Jonas, unless you prefer to."


Is the plan to stay at the cottage overnight and head to the Mouth in the morning?


AC 12 (T 12 FF 11); Maximum HP: 24; Current HP: 24 F +4, R +3, W +6

Seems that way.

"Not that we have an enemy that knows we're here, should we perhaps have some sources of fire at hand? We'll need the light out there. I can do some magic light, though."

He casts dancing lights, and moves the lights out as far as he can, as a demonstration. 110-foot range, four lights that have to stay within a 10-foot radius circle of each other.


Male Grippli (we do it froggy style) Bard(Dawnflower Dervish)/1 - Monk(Monk of Many Styles/Monk of the Lotus)/2- Fighter(Lore Warden)/1 - Inquisitor(Conversion Inquisition)/0 - HP 27/44; AC22/26, FF17/21, T22/26; F+8,R+11,W+10; Init+7; Per+11

Qui looks up at all his tall companions:
I will take the middle watch. I imagine that my eyesight is better than most of yours.

He then looks up at Jokbur's slightly pointed ears. I assume you have some elvish blood in you and can also see better than most humans with limited light. . . . Perhaps I should take the second watch with Jonas. Jokbur and Hermann can take the first watch. Edmund, you and Ariella can take the last watch so that you have time to prepare whatever magics you wish to ready for the excursion tomorrow. That way your human vision will be aided by the sunrise.


Half-elf hp=38/38(AC18/ff16/t18) {F=+7/R=+8/W=+9} CMD 21 Ranger 1/Monk 3 Senses: Perception: +20 [+21 traps]/Sense Motive +14/Darkvision 60'

"Help me drag those carcasses in."

Jokbur will skin the carcasses first watch.


HP 41/41 | Per +0 | CMB +7 | CMD 20, AC 20, Touch 13, Flat 17 | Fort +7, Ref +4, Will +2 (+1 vs Fear)

"Alright," says Hermann who goes to help Jokbur.


Half-elf hp=38/38(AC18/ff16/t18) {F=+7/R=+8/W=+9} CMD 21 Ranger 1/Monk 3 Senses: Perception: +20 [+21 traps]/Sense Motive +14/Darkvision 60'

As Herman and Jokbur bring the carcasses back: "Remember, wolf pelts are worth 20gp each!"

Survival: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21 to skin


Male Grippli (we do it froggy style) Bard(Dawnflower Dervish)/1 - Monk(Monk of Many Styles/Monk of the Lotus)/2- Fighter(Lore Warden)/1 - Inquisitor(Conversion Inquisition)/0 - HP 27/44; AC22/26, FF17/21, T22/26; F+8,R+11,W+10; Init+7; Per+11

Wolf pelts. But, these are not wolves, they are worgs. I do not know what the price for them is, but we will see. Good idea to get them.


Half-elf hp=38/38(AC18/ff16/t18) {F=+7/R=+8/W=+9} CMD 21 Ranger 1/Monk 3 Senses: Perception: +20 [+21 traps]/Sense Motive +14/Darkvision 60'

"These seem even bigger than wolves. They may fetch more. No way I'd eat the meat."


Spoiler:

3d10 ⇒ (9, 1, 7) = 17

1d10 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 + 2 = 5

So is it Jonas and Quirmydt on watch at Midnight?


Half-elf hp=38/38(AC18/ff16/t18) {F=+7/R=+8/W=+9} CMD 21 Ranger 1/Monk 3 Senses: Perception: +20 [+21 traps]/Sense Motive +14/Darkvision 60'

Three four hour watches
Jokbur Herman
Qui Jonas
Edmund Ariella

201 to 250 of 3,070 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Blood's Rappan Athuk (PF) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.