Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


GM Blood's Rappan Athuk (PF) (Inactive)

Game Master David James Olsen

Current Map


151 to 200 of 3,070 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

HP 29/34, AC 23, CMD 18, Fort +10, Ref +10, Will +8, Smite 1/1, AoO 5/5, LoH 4/6

As their scouts make their way out ahead, Jonas leans over and whispers to Hermann "Is it just me, or does he seem not terribly well hidden?"


Male Grippli (we do it froggy style) Bard(Dawnflower Dervish)/1 - Monk(Monk of Many Styles/Monk of the Lotus)/2- Fighter(Lore Warden)/1 - Inquisitor(Conversion Inquisition)/0 - HP 27/44; AC22/26, FF17/21, T22/26; F+8,R+11,W+10; Init+7; Per+11

I have the same 30' speed of you big folk. I also have a 20' climb speed.

I keep a careful eye out with with Jokbur.

I am at full health after the channels.

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24
Stealth: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (4) + 12 = 16

Keeping a sharp eye out, but not really paying attention to keeping quiet.


GM Blood:

Random Encounter 1d10 ⇒ 8

The rest of the trip to the abandoned cottage is quiet without incident. After a couple hours you finally see the cottage marked on the map.

This is a stone cottage that has been abandoned and fallen into disrepair. The thatched roof is gone, and grass grows from the dirt floor of the building.


HP 29/34, AC 23, CMD 18, Fort +10, Ref +10, Will +8, Smite 1/1, AoO 5/5, LoH 4/6

"So much for having a roof over our heads tonight."


HP 22/29; Bat. Dance 9/13; Glitterdust 1/1; 1st - 3/4
Stats:
AC 21; T 14; FF 17 // Fort +4, Ref +8, Will +4 // Perception +5

"It's still a good sight better than an open camp brother. The walls will provide us some cover should we be attacked. I've only used up half of my available healing for the day, but I agree with all of you that it would be wisest the rest here for the night. We can continue on to the mouth in the morning." Ariella chimes in.


Male Grippli (we do it froggy style) Bard(Dawnflower Dervish)/1 - Monk(Monk of Many Styles/Monk of the Lotus)/2- Fighter(Lore Warden)/1 - Inquisitor(Conversion Inquisition)/0 - HP 27/44; AC22/26, FF17/21, T22/26; F+8,R+11,W+10; Init+7; Per+11

Water does not really bother me. Actually I am quite at home sleeping in trees as that is where much of my home village was located. But, I suppose that is not what you all will want for lodging.


HP 29/34, AC 23, CMD 18, Fort +10, Ref +10, Will +8, Smite 1/1, AoO 5/5, LoH 4/6

"Afraid not."


HP 22/29; Bat. Dance 9/13; Glitterdust 1/1; 1st - 3/4
Stats:
AC 21; T 14; FF 17 // Fort +4, Ref +8, Will +4 // Perception +5

How intact are these walls? Are all four still standing? Any large gaps? How high are they?


HP 41/41 | Per +0 | CMB +7 | CMD 20, AC 20, Touch 13, Flat 17 | Fort +7, Ref +4, Will +2 (+1 vs Fear)
Edmund Gwenn wrote:
"Pride goeth before...yada yada yada..."

Impatience or pride, which is worse? :D

Seeing the dilapidated condition of the cottage, Hermann shrugs.

"As you say, Lady Ariella, the walls offer cover. They'll also block the wind and keep the heat of a fire better, making for a warmer night. Let's just hope it doesn't rain, eh?" agreed Hermann.


Male Grippli (we do it froggy style) Bard(Dawnflower Dervish)/1 - Monk(Monk of Many Styles/Monk of the Lotus)/2- Fighter(Lore Warden)/1 - Inquisitor(Conversion Inquisition)/0 - HP 27/44; AC22/26, FF17/21, T22/26; F+8,R+11,W+10; Init+7; Per+11

Does anyone have an axe? Perhaps I could climb up some of the trees and get enough branches to create a roof to keep the rain off should Sarenrae disappear behind the clouds.

Survival: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18 <-- make a decent roof.


All four walls are standing and stand a little over 8 feet. It would give some shelter from wind and possibly help keep you out of sight. No large gaps per se, but the door and couple windows would be entry points for enemies. Also the walls could probably be breached by motivated humanoids.


HP 22/29; Bat. Dance 9/13; Glitterdust 1/1; 1st - 3/4
Stats:
AC 21; T 14; FF 17 // Fort +4, Ref +8, Will +4 // Perception +5

"I think we'd be better served by barricading the windows than building a roof. Also, no fire. It would only attract enemies." Ariella responds to Qui and Hermann.


Half-elf hp=38/38(AC18/ff16/t18) {F=+7/R=+8/W=+9} CMD 21 Ranger 1/Monk 3 Senses: Perception: +20 [+21 traps]/Sense Motive +14/Darkvision 60'

Jokbur looks for branches, possibly using his axe to cut a tree, to first put a roof over part of the cabin (about ten by ten section) then to reinforce the walls.
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17 survival


AC 10 (T 10 FF 10); Maximum HP: 42; Current HP: 42 F +5, R +6, W +10

Grigory sets about tidying up the cottage, fashioning a make-shift broom to sweep away debris and leaf litter.

"Perhaps a fire now, while it is still light, and too bright to really be given away, to help dry the place out somewhat?" Edmund asks hopefully.


GM Blood:

1d10 ⇒ 1
1d10 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11
Worgs: 1d3 ⇒ 3
Wolves: 1d12 ⇒ 10

Perception Quirmydt Dephroug 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24
Perception Jokbur Oakenshield 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (20) + 16 = 36
Perception Hermann von Rabenstrange 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (10) + 0 = 10
Perception Edmund Gwenn 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9
Perception Ariella Hearth 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10
Perception Jonas Hearth 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (19) + 0 = 19

You spend the next couple of hours trying to help fix up the cottage, impromptu roof, securing the walls, etc. Jokbur suddenly hears something still a ways far off 36 perception check coming from the north where they came from. He knows what it is, wolves and it sounds like a large pack of them.

You have a couple minutes before they get to your location, but you think they are following your trail


AC 10 (T 10 FF 10); Maximum HP: 42; Current HP: 42 F +5, R +6, W +10

Is the river an option here?


The river is a lot deeper here and would require swimming to cross over. Definitely not easy to cross as the ford was in the area of the river where the gnoll ambush happened


AC 10 (T 10 FF 10); Maximum HP: 42; Current HP: 42 F +5, R +6, W +10

What about wading downstream along the bank, to throw off their scent, then circle around and pin the wolf pack against the river itself?


Male Grippli (we do it froggy style) Bard(Dawnflower Dervish)/1 - Monk(Monk of Many Styles/Monk of the Lotus)/2- Fighter(Lore Warden)/1 - Inquisitor(Conversion Inquisition)/0 - HP 27/44; AC22/26, FF17/21, T22/26; F+8,R+11,W+10; Init+7; Per+11

Quick, lets finish securing the building.

Could we climb into trees before they get here? Then it would be target practice for archers and reach weapons..


Half-elf hp=38/38(AC18/ff16/t18) {F=+7/R=+8/W=+9} CMD 21 Ranger 1/Monk 3 Senses: Perception: +20 [+21 traps]/Sense Motive +14/Darkvision 60'

"Wolves coming quickly, and don't spend much time on the building, it is more important to get inside. We have magic and reach weapons to defend a chokepoint. Whoever is caught outside is probably a goner, best get everyone together inside."

Jokbur looks for a sniping perch that covers the doorway and tries to climb up.
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16Climb

"Edmund, I'm betting your magic grease is going to be sorely needed at the door."


HP 29/34, AC 23, CMD 18, Fort +10, Ref +10, Will +8, Smite 1/1, AoO 5/5, LoH 4/6

Jonas stands from where he has sat praying at the fire and picked up his long mace and stuck the head of it in the flames. It caught and blazed up like an iron sconce.

"I don't think that is normal behavior for wolves." he said moving to a position on one side of the doorway.


AC 10 (T 10 FF 10); Maximum HP: 42; Current HP: 42 F +5, R +6, W +10

Edmund turns from his consideration of the river. "Ready whenever you need it."


So everyone is moving inside the cottage and keeping them out/at the doorway?


HP 29/34, AC 23, CMD 18, Fort +10, Ref +10, Will +8, Smite 1/1, AoO 5/5, LoH 4/6

Looks like it, yeah.


AC 10 (T 10 FF 10); Maximum HP: 42; Current HP: 42 F +5, R +6, W +10

"Let's hope that these are not werewolves," Edmund says with forced cheerfulness.

"Assuming these are only wolves, they still may be able to leap through the window openings. If not, however, things should go well so long as we hold the line."

Anybody have Knowledge: Nature?


Male Grippli (we do it froggy style) Bard(Dawnflower Dervish)/1 - Monk(Monk of Many Styles/Monk of the Lotus)/2- Fighter(Lore Warden)/1 - Inquisitor(Conversion Inquisition)/0 - HP 27/44; AC22/26, FF17/21, T22/26; F+8,R+11,W+10; Init+7; Per+11

I can make untrained Knowledge nature checks as I am a bard, but I have no ranks in it.

One thing we were working on was securing the cottage - blocking the windows and doors, etc. I do not know how far along that we got before the wolves decided to see how frog legs tasted though.


Half-elf hp=38/38(AC18/ff16/t18) {F=+7/R=+8/W=+9} CMD 21 Ranger 1/Monk 3 Senses: Perception: +20 [+21 traps]/Sense Motive +14/Darkvision 60'

We can use flaming torches to secure some openings. Jonas already has a fire going.


Male Grippli (we do it froggy style) Bard(Dawnflower Dervish)/1 - Monk(Monk of Many Styles/Monk of the Lotus)/2- Fighter(Lore Warden)/1 - Inquisitor(Conversion Inquisition)/0 - HP 27/44; AC22/26, FF17/21, T22/26; F+8,R+11,W+10; Init+7; Per+11

My bad, I do not have Bardic Knowledge.


HP 22/29; Bat. Dance 9/13; Glitterdust 1/1; 1st - 3/4
Stats:
AC 21; T 14; FF 17 // Fort +4, Ref +8, Will +4 // Perception +5

Areilla also heads inside, she will stand as close to the center of the cottage as possible. She has her shield out.


Half-elf hp=38/38(AC18/ff16/t18) {F=+7/R=+8/W=+9} CMD 21 Ranger 1/Monk 3 Senses: Perception: +20 [+21 traps]/Sense Motive +14/Darkvision 60'

"Let's hope the walls are too high for jumping wolves!"


GM Blood:

Perception Quirmydt Dephroug 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24
Perception Jokbur Oakenshield 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (13) + 16 = 29
Perception Hermann von Rabenstrange 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (16) + 0 = 16
Perception Edmund Gwenn 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Perception Ariella Hearth 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23
Perception Jonas Hearth 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (4) + 0 = 4

The wolves are definitely coming, soon they will be coming from the other side of the copse of trees but moments ahead of the wolves Jokbur, Quirmydt and Arielle can hear a man crying and saying ""I can't run any more, they are going to get me after all"


Half-elf hp=38/38(AC18/ff16/t18) {F=+7/R=+8/W=+9} CMD 21 Ranger 1/Monk 3 Senses: Perception: +20 [+21 traps]/Sense Motive +14/Darkvision 60'

The ranger cups his hands and calls out: "Come this way, you can make it, just a little farther."

Jokbur calls down to the group:"I don't know about this guy, maybe we should check him out to be sure. Wouldn't want to take his word for it he is friendly."

The woodsman prepares to fire as soon as he has a vulpine target.


HP 29/34, AC 23, CMD 18, Fort +10, Ref +10, Will +8, Smite 1/1, AoO 5/5, LoH 4/6

Starting Detect Evil in the direction of the voice


AC 10 (T 10 FF 10); Maximum HP: 42; Current HP: 42 F +5, R +6, W +10

"Is there someone out there, some one being chased by wolves, and you want to check him out?"

Edmund sounds slightly angry.


Male Grippli (we do it froggy style) Bard(Dawnflower Dervish)/1 - Monk(Monk of Many Styles/Monk of the Lotus)/2- Fighter(Lore Warden)/1 - Inquisitor(Conversion Inquisition)/0 - HP 27/44; AC22/26, FF17/21, T22/26; F+8,R+11,W+10; Init+7; Per+11

Qui looks at Edmund: We should help him. But considering the history of this region, it would be prudent to be wary of his intentions.

Nonetheless, Qui steps aside so that the man can get inside the cottage.


A couple sobs come from over there, "I'm too injured to make it any farther I need some help!"

You don't detect evil, but it is also out of your range (Its about a double move to this side of the trees and another move through)


AC 10 (T 10 FF 10); Maximum HP: 42; Current HP: 42 F +5, R +6, W +10

"If that were the case, the wolves should be ripping him apart by now. Now, we may become concerned."


Male Grippli (we do it froggy style) Bard(Dawnflower Dervish)/1 - Monk(Monk of Many Styles/Monk of the Lotus)/2- Fighter(Lore Warden)/1 - Inquisitor(Conversion Inquisition)/0 - HP 27/44; AC22/26, FF17/21, T22/26; F+8,R+11,W+10; Init+7; Per+11

One of you needs to grab him, I will try to slow the wolves. The other option is to stand and surround him back to back. It might be better than the cottage since we have not had a chance to seal the windows.

Qui steps out and begins to move toward the man's voice.


Half-elf hp=38/38(AC18/ff16/t18) {F=+7/R=+8/W=+9} CMD 21 Ranger 1/Monk 3 Senses: Perception: +20 [+21 traps]/Sense Motive +14/Darkvision 60'

"I have grown callous and suspicious in my short life."
Shouting: "How did you get hurt? Keep coming and light a fire."
Sense Motive1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19
Unfortunately until next level it is not a class skill.
I don't know if a man could stay ahead of so many wolves, especially hurt. This seems wrong.
"Be careful Qui, I suspect a ruse."
Knowledge nature:1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12


HP 22/29; Bat. Dance 9/13; Glitterdust 1/1; 1st - 3/4
Stats:
AC 21; T 14; FF 17 // Fort +4, Ref +8, Will +4 // Perception +5

"Qui I swear on the Dawnflower's holy light if you charge off again this time I leave you to die. Who says these aren't werewolves or worgs or winter wolves or something else that can imitate both a wolf's howl and a human's voice. Stay inside the walls and leave that potential 'poor soul' to his fate." Ariella calls after the frog vehemently.


HP 41/41 | Per +0 | CMB +7 | CMD 20, AC 20, Touch 13, Flat 17 | Fort +7, Ref +4, Will +2 (+1 vs Fear)

Jokbur, hold my pike ready: I'll see about bringing him in! said Hermann, already heading out to the copse.

Am posting from my phone on lunch break from mba classes so pardon my formatting!


Half-elf hp=38/38(AC18/ff16/t18) {F=+7/R=+8/W=+9} CMD 21 Ranger 1/Monk 3 Senses: Perception: +20 [+21 traps]/Sense Motive +14/Darkvision 60'

Jokbur nods at Ariella's words, "I worry about restraining Jonas the most, but do not go out there, anyone. It is most likely a ruse."
I am glad my paladin is not in this situation.


Male Grippli (we do it froggy style) Bard(Dawnflower Dervish)/1 - Monk(Monk of Many Styles/Monk of the Lotus)/2- Fighter(Lore Warden)/1 - Inquisitor(Conversion Inquisition)/0 - HP 27/44; AC22/26, FF17/21, T22/26; F+8,R+11,W+10; Init+7; Per+11

Qui looks back at the others. If Hermann goes out, Qui will accompany him warily.

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16
Sense Motive: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24 <-- Does the voice sound genuine.


HP 29/34, AC 23, CMD 18, Fort +10, Ref +10, Will +8, Smite 1/1, AoO 5/5, LoH 4/6

"I'll go. No one is getting left to their fate as long as we are here to help." Jonas says simply, taking off at a fast jog with Hermann toward the voice. As he went he twisted off a small dome that sat on the front of his shield, a piece of quartz in the center was uncovered and blazed to life covering the shield in a brightly burning outline of the sigil of Sarenrae.

Light leapt out into the darkness.

Yep. It's probably a trap. Full Defense as I move. Current AC 26.

Shield is continual flame bullseye lantern. I have a 30 sphere of light around me and a 120' cone in front of me.


AC 10 (T 10 FF 10); Maximum HP: 42; Current HP: 42 F +5, R +6, W +10

Edmund gets himself to a window opening, ready to cover them with magic missiles.


HP 22/29; Bat. Dance 9/13; Glitterdust 1/1; 1st - 3/4
Stats:
AC 21; T 14; FF 17 // Fort +4, Ref +8, Will +4 // Perception +5

"You three are gonna get us all killed! Come back here! There is only one village in this area and they all know not to wander off into the woods at night. There are no innocents here, don't be idiots." Ariella hisses as her brother and the others abandon their fortifications. She moves to the doorway or a window to cover them from range as well.

Diplomacy 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (16) + 9 = 25


HP 22/29; Bat. Dance 9/13; Glitterdust 1/1; 1st - 3/4
Stats:
AC 21; T 14; FF 17 // Fort +4, Ref +8, Will +4 // Perception +5

"You three are gonna get us all killed! Come back here! There is only one village in this area and they all know not to wander off into the woods at night. There are no innocents here, don't be idiots." Ariella hisses as her brother and the others abandon their fortifications. She moves to the doorway or a window to cover them from range as well.

Diplomacy 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17


AC 10 (T 10 FF 10); Maximum HP: 42; Current HP: 42 F +5, R +6, W +10

"Ariella speaks sense. Come back!"


GM Blood:

Perception Quirmydt Dephroug 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15
Perception Hermann von Rabenstrange 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (17) + 0 = 17
Perception Jonas Hearth 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (17) + 0 = 17

Initiative Jokbur Oakenshield 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
Initiative Quirmydt Dephroug 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8
Initiative Hermann von Rabenstrange 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15
Initiative Ariella Hearth 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9
Initiative Edmund Gwenn 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6
Initiative Jonas Hearth 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
Initiative Monster 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17

Quirmydt, Jonas, and Hermann go ouy while Edmund and Jokbur cover them from the cottage. As you move to the trees double move at 30' from the cottage, Two of the largest wolves burst from the trees and attack!

Despite being ready these oversized wolves got the drop on you. After they leap out of the trees they attack!

Bite from #1 vs Jonas (Flat-Footed) 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23
Damage 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
If hit, trip attempt vs Jonas CMD 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19

Bite from #2 vs Qui (Flat-Footed) 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9
Damage 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
If hit, trip attempt vs Jonas CMD 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15

Another one of these large wolves come bursting forth from the woods saying "Guess I feel better now" It in the same voice as the man who called out for help before.

Round 1

Initiative Order - Monster, Hermann, Ariella, Quirmydt, Edmund, Jonas, Jokbur

Monster Stats AC 14 T 12 FF 12

You still hear howls from a short distance away


HP 22/29; Bat. Dance 9/13; Glitterdust 1/1; 1st - 3/4
Stats:
AC 21; T 14; FF 17 // Fort +4, Ref +8, Will +4 // Perception +5

Round 1

"Gods damn you, you've killed us all you fools!" Ariella shouts. "GET BACK IN HERE NOW!!!" She grabs the door knob.

Ready action to close door as soon as Jonas is inside the cottage.

151 to 200 of 3,070 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Blood's Rappan Athuk (PF) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.