Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

GM Blood's Rappan Athuk (PF)

Game Master David James Olsen

Current Map


601 to 650 of 2,998 << first < prev | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | next > last >>

GM Blood:

1d8 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8
1d8 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12
1d8 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10
1d20 ⇒ 17

Hermann takes the axe and continues to hack away at the door. Finally after three swings Hermann breaks the door down. Once it is forced open the reason is apparent; it was spiked shut from the inside. You find two skeletons wrapped in bedrolls and another leaning against the east door. There is a backpack beside each of the two bedrolls; and a burned-out lantern stands on the floor in the middle of the room. The room also contains an old-looking wooden chest.

Map of Room


Half-elf hp=28/38(AC18/ff16/t18) {F=+7/R=+8/W=+9} CMD 21 Ranger 1/Monk 3 Senses: Perception: +20 [+21 traps]/Sense Motive +14/Darkvision 60'

Jokbur retrieves his axe and motions everyone back.

He quickly scans the room, then spends a a few minutes examining the skeletons then chest from 10'.

take 10 for 26 perception--then take 20 on skeletons then chest for 36


What is everyone else doing while he does that?


Male Grippli (we do it froggy style) Bard(Dawnflower Dervish)/1 - Monk(Monk of Many Styles/Monk of the Lotus)/2- Fighter(Lore Warden)/1 - Inquisitor(Conversion Inquisition)/0 - HP 27/44; AC22/26, FF17/21, T22/26; F+8,R+11,W+10; Init+7; Per+11

Suspecting everything, the little manfrog mutters a prayer to Sarenrae - Cast Detect Magic.

He then scans the room figuring that something strange must have happened here for two people to lock them selves in a room and apparently starve to death.


Scanning the room from the door you find no magic, though you cannot see around the corner where the second skeleton is


AC 12 (T 12 FF 11); Maximum HP: 24; Current HP: 24 F +4, R +3, W +6

"They must have sealed themselves inside. Was it to protect themselves from something out here, or to protect something out here from themselves?"

Edmund shudders and has his pipe halfway out before realizing smoking might not be a good idea right about now.


HP 41/41 | Per +0 | CMB +7 | CMD 20, AC 20, Touch 13, Flat 17 | Fort +7, Ref +4, Will +2 (+1 vs Fear)

Hermann, concluding that these poor bastards had been trapped here and likely starved to death, makes superstitious warding gestures as his spine runs cold in fearful apprehension.


Half-elf hp=28/38(AC18/ff16/t18) {F=+7/R=+8/W=+9} CMD 21 Ranger 1/Monk 3 Senses: Perception: +20 [+21 traps]/Sense Motive +14/Darkvision 60'

Jokbur pulls out his morningstar as he cautiously looks around.


HP 29/34, AC 23, CMD 18, Fort +10, Ref +10, Will +8, Smite 1/1, AoO 5/5, LoH 4/6

"Why would anyone lock themselves in a room and just let themselves die? If they were starving they could have at least tried to get out."


Male Grippli (we do it froggy style) Bard(Dawnflower Dervish)/1 - Monk(Monk of Many Styles/Monk of the Lotus)/2- Fighter(Lore Warden)/1 - Inquisitor(Conversion Inquisition)/0 - HP 27/44; AC22/26, FF17/21, T22/26; F+8,R+11,W+10; Init+7; Per+11

Usually most rooms have enough bugs or spiders to keep one alive for a long time.


Half-elf hp=28/38(AC18/ff16/t18) {F=+7/R=+8/W=+9} CMD 21 Ranger 1/Monk 3 Senses: Perception: +20 [+21 traps]/Sense Motive +14/Darkvision 60'

Jokbur was calm when he entered the room, but the conversation obviously has affected him.

"I hope there is not an enchantment that was triggered that made them waste away. I have heard of enchantments that distract to the extent that they do not eat and die of starvation."

Jokbur has another unsettling thought.
"Some undead have been known to require nonstandard fare to survive. Those infected may have walled themselves up to prevent feeding on others."


HP 29/34, AC 23, CMD 18, Fort +10, Ref +10, Will +8, Smite 1/1, AoO 5/5, LoH 4/6

Jonas shudders a bit and tightens his grip on his weapon.


HP 41/41 | Per +0 | CMB +7 | CMD 20, AC 20, Touch 13, Flat 17 | Fort +7, Ref +4, Will +2 (+1 vs Fear)

<Insert Mines of Moria references here>

Memories of a night of waves of zombies and skeletons attempting to over-run his company haunting him, Hermann nervously pokes at the skeletons with his longspear to see if they would rise to fight them on wings of necromatic energy.


Ok anyone who went inside the room roll a Fort save


HP 41/41 | Per +0 | CMB +7 | CMD 20, AC 20, Touch 13, Flat 17 | Fort +7, Ref +4, Will +2 (+1 vs Fear)

Fortitude: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11 Somehow, I don't think that's going to cut it.


Male Grippli (we do it froggy style) Bard(Dawnflower Dervish)/1 - Monk(Monk of Many Styles/Monk of the Lotus)/2- Fighter(Lore Warden)/1 - Inquisitor(Conversion Inquisition)/0 - HP 27/44; AC22/26, FF17/21, T22/26; F+8,R+11,W+10; Init+7; Per+11

DM Blood - your call if I went in, I think my intention was to scan the room from the doorway as something just felt wrong.


Qui, I 'll leave it up to you and everyone else top be honest if they would have gone in or stayed in the hall. Your scan turned up nothing, so I'll trust your judgment if you think you would have gone in normally.


Male Grippli (we do it froggy style) Bard(Dawnflower Dervish)/1 - Monk(Monk of Many Styles/Monk of the Lotus)/2- Fighter(Lore Warden)/1 - Inquisitor(Conversion Inquisition)/0 - HP 27/44; AC22/26, FF17/21, T22/26; F+8,R+11,W+10; Init+7; Per+11

DM Blood:
How long time wise between knocking the door down and the Fort save. I would say that Qui would have stayed out for 30 seconds or a minute before curiosity would have gotten the better of him. So, if the fort save was in less than a minute, not in the room, if more than a minute, in the room.

Fort Save: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13


Quirmydt:

It will be one minute after someone goes in, so right on the border there. You tell me how long he would wait.


Male Grippli (we do it froggy style) Bard(Dawnflower Dervish)/1 - Monk(Monk of Many Styles/Monk of the Lotus)/2- Fighter(Lore Warden)/1 - Inquisitor(Conversion Inquisition)/0 - HP 27/44; AC22/26, FF17/21, T22/26; F+8,R+11,W+10; Init+7; Per+11

DM Blood:

Put me in then.


Half-elf hp=28/38(AC18/ff16/t18) {F=+7/R=+8/W=+9} CMD 21 Ranger 1/Monk 3 Senses: Perception: +20 [+21 traps]/Sense Motive +14/Darkvision 60'

fort: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19


Half-elf hp=28/38(AC18/ff16/t18) {F=+7/R=+8/W=+9} CMD 21 Ranger 1/Monk 3 Senses: Perception: +20 [+21 traps]/Sense Motive +14/Darkvision 60'
Jokbur 'The Thorn' Oakenshield wrote:

Jokbur retrieves his axe and motions everyone back.

Jokbur intended to warn everyone away until he cleared the room. But he would not have been insistent.


Jokbur studies the skeletons and then the chest. Hermann follows him in with Quirmydt maybe a half minute later.

No signs of injuries that you can see are on the skeletons and the chest appears normal and untrapped. Just as he determines that, Hermann falls to the floor, unconscious.


HP 41/41 | Per +0 | CMB +7 | CMD 20, AC 20, Touch 13, Flat 17 | Fort +7, Ref +4, Will +2 (+1 vs Fear)

I can haz naptime?


Male Grippli (we do it froggy style) Bard(Dawnflower Dervish)/1 - Monk(Monk of Many Styles/Monk of the Lotus)/2- Fighter(Lore Warden)/1 - Inquisitor(Conversion Inquisition)/0 - HP 27/44; AC22/26, FF17/21, T22/26; F+8,R+11,W+10; Init+7; Per+11

Seeing the mighty warrior fall, Qui immediately goes alert with his scimitar out, while raising his hand to keep the others out of the room. Not seeing a threat, he tries to drag the huge warrior, but is simply not strong enough, so he loops a length of rope around the man's foot and then retreats out of the room where his companions can help to get the man back.


AC 12 (T 12 FF 11); Maximum HP: 24; Current HP: 24 F +4, R +3, W +6

Edmund will certainly grab an end of the rope and help haul Hermann out to safety.


The group pulls him out of the room, he appears to be sleeping. Hermann make another Fort Save

Jokbur what are you doing during all of this?


HP 41/41 | Per +0 | CMB +7 | CMD 20, AC 20, Touch 13, Flat 17 | Fort +7, Ref +4, Will +2 (+1 vs Fear)

Fort: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15


HP 29/34, AC 23, CMD 18, Fort +10, Ref +10, Will +8, Smite 1/1, AoO 5/5, LoH 4/6

Jonas gives Hermann a good shake and a light slap on the face to see if he will wake.

"Hermann! Can you hear me?"


Half-elf hp=28/38(AC18/ff16/t18) {F=+7/R=+8/W=+9} CMD 21 Ranger 1/Monk 3 Senses: Perception: +20 [+21 traps]/Sense Motive +14/Darkvision 60'

Jokbur ties his rope around his waist and throws the rest out of the room.

He tries to examine the chest and will try to open it if he can stay awake.

fort/perception/disable: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 111d20 + 16 ⇒ (13) + 16 = 291d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16


Jokbur opens the chest and sees some clothes in it but then gets very sleepy and passes out.

As you pull Jokbur out Hermann wakes up still groggy but otherwise ok.


Male Grippli (we do it froggy style) Bard(Dawnflower Dervish)/1 - Monk(Monk of Many Styles/Monk of the Lotus)/2- Fighter(Lore Warden)/1 - Inquisitor(Conversion Inquisition)/0 - HP 27/44; AC22/26, FF17/21, T22/26; F+8,R+11,W+10; Init+7; Per+11

Elven resistance to Sleep does not protect Jokbur?


Correct, he is not immune because it was not a magic sleep effect


HP 41/41 | Per +0 | CMB +7 | CMD 20, AC 20, Touch 13, Flat 17 | Fort +7, Ref +4, Will +2 (+1 vs Fear)

Hermann slowly opens one eye, as if he'd just fallen asleep after a night of carousing. "Mmmm, whuzza'?"


Male Grippli (we do it froggy style) Bard(Dawnflower Dervish)/1 - Monk(Monk of Many Styles/Monk of the Lotus)/2- Fighter(Lore Warden)/1 - Inquisitor(Conversion Inquisition)/0 - HP 27/44; AC22/26, FF17/21, T22/26; F+8,R+11,W+10; Init+7; Per+11

Qui looks down at the napping warrior, which is really almost looking him eye to eye considering Qui's gigantic proportions: You felt it was a good time to take a nap.


Half-elf hp=28/38(AC18/ff16/t18) {F=+7/R=+8/W=+9} CMD 21 Ranger 1/Monk 3 Senses: Perception: +20 [+21 traps]/Sense Motive +14/Darkvision 60'

FORT: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8

"Zzzz."


GM Blood:

2d4 ⇒ (2, 3) = 5

You wait about a minute for Jokbur to wake up like Hermann, then wait another and he is still asleep. Various attempts to wake him up have no affect.

You are currently in the hallway, what do you want to do now?


HP 22/29; Bat. Dance 10/13; Glitterdust 1/1; 1st - 3/4
Stats:
AC 21; T 14; FF 17 // Fort +4, Ref +8, Will +4 // Perception +5

"Now we know why those guys locked this door and starved to death inside. One of them was nice enough to try and save whoever came along next from the evil sleepy room."


HP 29/34, AC 23, CMD 18, Fort +10, Ref +10, Will +8, Smite 1/1, AoO 5/5, LoH 4/6

Trying o stay out of the room, Jonas hooks the broken door with his polearm, pulls it closed as well as he can and draws a large warning symbol on it with a stick of chalk.

Fort save if neccessary: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22

"Lets pull back somewhere safe and see if we can wake up Jokbur."


HP 22/29; Bat. Dance 10/13; Glitterdust 1/1; 1st - 3/4
Stats:
AC 21; T 14; FF 17 // Fort +4, Ref +8, Will +4 // Perception +5

"Do we have a grappling hook? Maybe we can pull that chest out of the room, it might be full of valuables that could aid us on our quest."


AC 12 (T 12 FF 11); Maximum HP: 24; Current HP: 24 F +4, R +3, W +6

"Or the source of this mysterious sleepiness," Edmund cautions.

Edmund tries a mage hand, but the chest is probably too heavy (more than 5 pounds).


HP 41/41 | Per +0 | CMB +7 | CMD 20, AC 20, Touch 13, Flat 17 | Fort +7, Ref +4, Will +2 (+1 vs Fear)

Sitting up and reaching around for his aka-the group's communal backpack, Hermann eventually pulls out a grappling hook and length of rope.

"Right here, Lady Ariella!"

Knotting one end of the rope through the eye of the hook, he passes it to Jokbur... only to realize the man was asleep and hadn't woken.


HP 22/29; Bat. Dance 10/13; Glitterdust 1/1; 1st - 3/4
Stats:
AC 21; T 14; FF 17 // Fort +4, Ref +8, Will +4 // Perception +5

"Oh, great. I can try to throw it." Ariella says, taking the hook from him and tossing it at the chest. "Everyone else should stand back in case Edmund's right."

Ranged attack 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10


I think if you toss it in there close, Edmund should be able to lift it with mage hand to attach it to the chest


AC 12 (T 12 FF 11); Maximum HP: 24; Current HP: 24 F +4, R +3, W +6

Edmund will be happy to do that.


Edmund lifts the grappling hook and Hermann pulls in out of the room.It contains ten sets of garments: eight of these appear to be servants’ clothing, one of them is a silk gown (30 gp), and one of them is a crimson wizard’s robe embroidered with stars and astrological symbols (20 gp).

Jokbur is still asleep


Male Grippli (we do it froggy style) Bard(Dawnflower Dervish)/1 - Monk(Monk of Many Styles/Monk of the Lotus)/2- Fighter(Lore Warden)/1 - Inquisitor(Conversion Inquisition)/0 - HP 27/44; AC22/26, FF17/21, T22/26; F+8,R+11,W+10; Init+7; Per+11

Qui walks over and looks at Jokbur trying to determine why he decided to take this particular time for an extended nap.

Heal(untrained): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15


It looks like he is drugged, and no amount of shaking seems to work on him. Right now he is sleeping peacefully.


HP 29/34, AC 23, CMD 18, Fort +10, Ref +10, Will +8, Smite 1/1, AoO 5/5, LoH 4/6

"Jokbur votes that we go find a place to hole up and rest, and I'll second it. Why don't we go check on our bandit?"


HP 22/29; Bat. Dance 10/13; Glitterdust 1/1; 1st - 3/4
Stats:
AC 21; T 14; FF 17 // Fort +4, Ref +8, Will +4 // Perception +5

"Sound good to me. All this sneaking and fighting and worrying has me worn out."

601 to 650 of 2,998 << first < prev | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Blood's Rappan Athuk (PF) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.