Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion

Pathfinder Roleplaying Game


Pathfinder Society


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game


PaizoCon 2016

GM Blood's Age of Worms in Golarion #2

Game Master David James Olsen

Group 2 Map
Loot spreadsheet


6,901 to 6,949 of 6,949 << first < prev | 129 | 130 | 131 | 132 | 133 | 134 | 135 | 136 | 137 | 138 | 139 | next > last >>

HP 110 of 110 - AC 24 (T 13, FF 21) - F +10, R +5, W +12

Aarakess... You may be violating 1, maybe 2 of the Magical Restrictions with Mind Fog...

Restrictions on Magic:
Restrictions on Magic:

Magic that obscures or otherwise blocks the sight or sound of the combat from the spectators (e.g., darkness, fog cloud, pyrotechnics, silence) is forbidden and grounds for disqualification.

Spells that affect the minds of opponents (such as illusions and enchantments including, but not limited to the following spells: color spray, charm, dominate, fear, sleep, hold person, maze, confusion, insanity) are forbidden and grounds for disqualification and possible legal action depending on the severity of the spell effect.


HP 110 of 110 - AC 24 (T 13, FF 21) - F +10, R +5, W +12

Rohara - Round 1

Rohara commands the elemental, "Wirlwind och ta dvärgen till vänster!"

Auran:
Wirlwind and take the dwarf on the left!

She than turns her attention to the the other two dwarves. She targes the one on the right, "Lady I call upon your destructive forces to turn the fates on this foe!" It takes but a moment before the dwarf's bones can be heard shattering from within this small bulk...

Cast Boneshatter, Fort Save DC 20 (save for half damage and fatigued for 10 minutes) or take Spell Damage: 10d6 ⇒ (2, 4, 2, 3, 6, 2, 5, 6, 3, 3) = 36 and is exhasted for 10 minutes.

Air Elemental - Round 1

The Air creature summoned just prior to the battle begining transforms itself into a whirlwind reaching five to ten feet short of maximum height allowed... and it then moves on the dwarven foe on the left...

Ref Save DC 18 or take slam damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7 and another Ref Save DC 18 or be picked up within the wind.


Female Dwarf Witch/10 - (HP: 86/92; AC 16; FF 14; Touch 16; Fort +7/+9; Ref +6/+8; Will +9/+11; Init +2; Per +13/+17

It does not block sight,so 1 is not a problem. It also does not in any way hamper or control them, it just greatly diminishes their ability to resist Will saves.


Male CG Male Dwarf Bard (Arcane Duelist) 10 HP 71/92; AC 17, T 12, FF 16; F+6, R+9, W+7(+2 v. Charm); Perc +12; Init +1

@GM Skorhald would have lined up in the front, relying on his mirror images and large admantite weapon to help hold off these particular foes. Would give the fuzz-saw the ability to move behind and flank with his master as well. No worries if too late.


Lizardman hp=108/108(AC24/ff24/t11) {F=+12/R=+6/W=+9} CMD 26 Paladin 10 (Shining Knight) Smite evil 4/4 - Lay on hands 7/7

Justin is enlarged, shielded, and hasted. His huge flatfooted frame protecting the casters.


Vitals (Kilthan):
(HP: 119/119; AC: 22(24)/14/20(22); CMD: 25; Fort +11, Ref: +8, Will: +4 [+6]; Rage: 8/8)
Male Half-Elven Ranger (Infiltrator): 9/Bloodrager (Spelleater): 1
Vitals (Jagdbach):
(HP: 81/81 (105/105); AC: 25(23)/13(11)/22(20); CMD: 23 (25) {27 (29) trip}; Fort +9(+11), Ref: +10, Will: +3(+5); {+4 v. enchantments})

Kilthan's at +5 NA between his adaptation and Barkskin, plus haste: (28/15/26)

Fuzzsaw's at +3 NA from Barkskin, plus haste: (29/14/26)


Female Dwarf Witch/10 - (HP: 86/92; AC 16; FF 14; Touch 16; Fort +7/+9; Ref +6/+8; Will +9/+11; Init +2; Per +13/+17

Aarakess is hiding behind the armored hulks in front of her.


Lizardman hp=108/108(AC24/ff24/t11) {F=+12/R=+6/W=+9} CMD 26 Paladin 10 (Shining Knight) Smite evil 4/4 - Lay on hands 7/7

Justin's mount, not wanting to hold a massive enlarged lizardman, stands ready to attack these short humanoids. They seemed small, but their fiery swords had the trained warhorse's attention.


I'm going to leave your warhorse out of this battle since you are enlarged and the air elemental was summoned.

Fort Save vs boneshatter E11: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (9) + 15 = 24 DC 20
Reflex Save vs Whirlwind E11 vs Damage: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8 DC 18

Will Save vs Mind Fog E11: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19 DC 22
Will Save vs Mind Fog F11: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25 DC 22
Will Save vs Mind Fog G11: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15 DC 22

Second Reflex Save vs Whirlwind E11 vs pick up: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19 DC 18

Skorhald gets attack 3 times by the dwarf in E11, removing 3 images and leaving 4.

Attack E11 vs Skorhald - Attack #1: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (4) + 17 = 21
Mirror Image - 1 is Skorhald: 1d8 ⇒ 2
Damage: 1d10 + 14 ⇒ (5) + 14 = 19
Flaming (fire) damage): 1d6 ⇒ 4

Attack E11 vs Skorhald - Attack #2: 1d20 + 17 - 5 ⇒ (9) + 17 - 5 = 21
Mirror Image - 1 is Skorhald: 1d7 ⇒ 3
Damage: 1d10 + 14 ⇒ (1) + 14 = 15
Flaming (fire) damage): 1d6 ⇒ 2

Attack E11 vs Skorhald - Attack #1: 1d20 + 17 - 10 ⇒ (12) + 17 - 10 = 19
Mirror Image - 1 is Skorhald: 1d6 ⇒ 3
Damage: 1d10 + 14 ⇒ (9) + 14 = 23
Flaming (fire) damage): 1d6 ⇒ 1

The dwarf in F11 rages and attacks Justin's weapon,breaking it and following through to damage him. Justin, I don't see a greatsword in your inventory. With greater Sunder he would do 16 damage to you with a normal greatsword, less if it is magical.

Sunder F11 vs Justin's weapon: 1d20 + 22 ⇒ (15) + 22 = 37 vs CMD 27
Damage: 1d10 + 20 ⇒ (6) + 20 = 26

The other dwarf does the same to Kilthan, breaking his weapon and damaging him. 13 damage

Sunder E11 vs Kilthan's weapon: 1d20 + 22 ⇒ (10) + 22 = 32 vs CMD 26
Damage: 1d10 + 20 ⇒ (9) + 20 = 29 Kithan, I believe that your +1 weapon would have 12 hps, meaning with greater Sunder your weapon would be broken and you take 17 hps of damage. I am not too great with all of how weapon hps work, so if I am doing it wrong, someone let me know


Male CG Male Dwarf Bard (Arcane Duelist) 10 HP 71/92; AC 17, T 12, FF 16; F+6, R+9, W+7(+2 v. Charm); Perc +12; Init +1

His battle-chant rising to a scream, Skorhald pounds away at the dwarf in front of him with Ole Pappy's Door Knocker.

The old bard lands two solid blows, though the third swing goes wide.

Attack: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (9) + 16 = 25
Damage: 1d10 + 21 ⇒ (4) + 21 = 25
Intimidate for Demoralize: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (9) + 16 = 25

Attack: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (16) + 16 = 32
Damage: 1d10 + 21 ⇒ (8) + 21 = 29
Intimidate for Demoralize: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (18) + 16 = 34

Attack: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (3) + 11 = 14
Damage: 1d10 + 21 ⇒ (3) + 21 = 24


Lizardman hp=108/108(AC24/ff24/t11) {F=+12/R=+6/W=+9} CMD 26 Paladin 10 (Shining Knight) Smite evil 4/4 - Lay on hands 7/7

Justin remembered he had given his greatsword to the young guard captain.

He was holding his heavy two handed flail, and watched it splinter in his hands. He was glad it wasn't his great axe.

2 handed large heavy flail in hand

Justin heals himself with a touch.
Lay on hands: 5d6 ⇒ (6, 6, 2, 3, 1) = 18

"You smashed my flail."

Justin attacks the same one Skornald attacked with his claws and teeth.

Power attack x3

bite: 1d20 + 17 - 3 - 1 ⇒ (16) + 17 - 3 - 1 = 291d4 + 7 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 7 + 6 = 15
claw: 1d20 + 17 - 3 - 1 ⇒ (1) + 17 - 3 - 1 = 141d6 + 7 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 7 + 6 = 18
claw: 1d20 + 17 - 3 - 1 ⇒ (14) + 17 - 3 - 1 = 271d6 + 7 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 7 + 6 = 16


Female Dwarf Witch/10 - (HP: 86/92; AC 16; FF 14; Touch 16; Fort +7/+9; Ref +6/+8; Will +9/+11; Init +2; Per +13/+17

Seeing her companions weapons getting smashed, as was sort of expected, she calls out.
Focus on the middle one. Take them down one by one.

As she says this, she turns her focus on the dwarf before Kilthan hoping to slow him down.

Misfortune Hex on G10 - DC22 Will or must roll all d20 twice and take worse - save is at -10 from Mind Fog

She then steps slightly to the side to get more protection from her larger companions.

5-foot step to F7

Move - cackle (continues Fortune Hexes (not sure who has them) and Misfortune on G10)


Vitals (Kilthan):
(HP: 119/119; AC: 22(24)/14/20(22); CMD: 25; Fort +11, Ref: +8, Will: +4 [+6]; Rage: 8/8)
Male Half-Elven Ranger (Infiltrator): 9/Bloodrager (Spelleater): 1
Vitals (Jagdbach):
(HP: 81/81 (105/105); AC: 25(23)/13(11)/22(20); CMD: 23 (25) {27 (29) trip}; Fort +9(+11), Ref: +10, Will: +3(+5); {+4 v. enchantments})

Kilthan snarls as the dwarf cuts through his weapon, tossing the pieces to the dirt, swearing in dwarven, "You owe me an axe." He keeps his eyes locked on his opponent, then growls, "Jadgbach, fury-kill."

The small hunter steps forward, taking a position next to his two-leg as he begins to froth at the mouth, lashing out with tooth and claw.

Jag takes a 5' step to H10, rages and full attacks

Bite: 1d20 + 12 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 12 + 1 = 30 for 1d6 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8 and Acid: 1d4 ⇒ 1
Bite,hasted: 1d20 + 12 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 12 + 1 = 30 for 1d6 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9 and Acid: 1d4 ⇒ 2
Claw: 1d20 + 12 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 12 + 1 = 30 for 1d6 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11
Claw: 1d20 + 12 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 12 + 1 = 31 for 1d6 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8 and rend: 1d6 ⇒ 4

Based on Kilthan's CL, the d4 acid will persist for 1 round

Kilthan smiles as he sees his small friend strike true, then releases the holy power within him, filling himself with a preternatural strength as he lashes out with his Klar.

Klar: 1d20 + 17 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 17 + 1 = 37 for 1d8 + 1d6 ⇒ (2) + (6) = 8
Klar,hasted: 1d20 + 17 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 17 + 1 = 28 for 1d8 + 1d6 ⇒ (8) + (1) = 9
Klar,iterative, fortune #1: 1d20 + 12 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 12 + 1 = 17
Klar,iterative, fortune #2: 1d20 + 12 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 12 + 1 = 22 for 1d8 + 1d6 ⇒ (6) + (5) = 11 Shield Bash for the free bull rush

If the 22 is enough to beat his CMD and knock him back into the mind fog (which, given he's a dwarf, I'm thinking not), then Kilthan will step back 5' into the space Jagdbach had occupied.


Lizardman hp=108/108(AC24/ff24/t11) {F=+12/R=+6/W=+9} CMD 26 Paladin 10 (Shining Knight) Smite evil 4/4 - Lay on hands 7/7

Justin then attacks again, hasted by the spell.

claw: 1d20 + 18 - 3 - 1 ⇒ (19) + 18 - 3 - 1 = 331d6 + 7 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 7 + 6 = 14

Enlarge, haste, shield


Forgot to post this after I did their round. Delaying Skorhald and the rest to round 2 for future rounds to go smoother.

Quote:

Round 2

Initiative Order - Skorhald, Kilthan, Justin, Rohara, Aarakess, Pitch Blade

Pitch Blade (Dwarves) AC 25 T 13 FF 23 CMD 28


Male CG Male Dwarf Bard (Arcane Duelist) 10 HP 71/92; AC 17, T 12, FF 16; F+6, R+9, W+7(+2 v. Charm); Perc +12; Init +1

Knowing that we need to drop these guys quick, Skorhald continues to swing away, again scoring two solid blows.

Attack: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (17) + 16 = 33
Damage: 1d10 + 21 ⇒ (9) + 21 = 30

Attack: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (6) + 16 = 22
Damage: 1d10 + 21 ⇒ (6) + 21 = 27

Attack: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (18) + 11 = 29
Damage: 1d10 + 21 ⇒ (1) + 21 = 22

Two hits for 52 more points. If my math is right, that guy has taken 158 hp. Didn't roll intimidate again because he'd already be demoralized from last time.


Skorhald, I'll save that second post for next round unless you change your mind by then.

Skorhald slams his dorn derger into the dwarf a couple times wounding the Pitch Blade member nearest him, making the other dwarf have a look of concern on his face. Justin follows up with a bite and a claw wounding him even further

Aarakess hexes the dwarf facing Kilthan

Will Save: 1d20 + 8 - 10 ⇒ (12) + 8 - 10 = 10

Rohara up last before Pitch Blade


Vitals (Kilthan):
(HP: 119/119; AC: 22(24)/14/20(22); CMD: 25; Fort +11, Ref: +8, Will: +4 [+6]; Rage: 8/8)
Male Half-Elven Ranger (Infiltrator): 9/Bloodrager (Spelleater): 1
Vitals (Jagdbach):
(HP: 81/81 (105/105); AC: 25(23)/13(11)/22(20); CMD: 23 (25) {27 (29) trip}; Fort +9(+11), Ref: +10, Will: +3(+5); {+4 v. enchantments})

Didn't add bard song to hit and damage for Kilthan or the Fuzzsaw. The 22 only goes to 24 and still misses, but it's 8 extra damage from Jadgbach and 4 from Kilthan... Which'd be 72, assuming no DR or acid immunity.


Female Dwarf Witch/10 - (HP: 86/92; AC 16; FF 14; Touch 16; Fort +7/+9; Ref +6/+8; Will +9/+11; Init +2; Per +13/+17

Not sure where Rohara is. To keep moving, we can probably have her cast Prayer, with the Mind Fog and Misfortune, it should hit a lot of them and give us all +1 to most everything. The other option, that she often uses, would be Bit of Luck on Justin.

Aarakess looks to Kilthan and his damaged weapon.
Want to let your beast out?

Aarakess can Polymorph Kilthan into a big cat with Grab, or can keep hexing the heck out of them.


HP 110 of 110 - AC 24 (T 13, FF 21) - F +10, R +5, W +12

Round 2 Rohara

Rorhara command the elemental once again in Auran, "Get the he next one!"

She than concentrats on her magics, "May Lady Luck remove your weapon!" as she says as she calls forth her magics. The dwarf's adamantine blade is ripped free from his hands and flies by Justin to the cleric's outsrretched hand. "The Lady looks kindly upon us... anyone desire a flaming sword?"

Cast Pilfering Hand to disarm the bottom dwarf fighting Kilthan... Disarm vs dwarf's CMD 28: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (17) + 15 = 32 (success!)

Elemental Round 2

The whirlwind of an air elemental moves into the next dwarf's space and the attempts to snatch him up...

Ref Save DC 18 or take slam damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8 and another Ref Save DC 18 or be picked up within the wind.


Female Dwarf Witch/10 - (HP: 86/92; AC 16; FF 14; Touch 16; Fort +7/+9; Ref +6/+8; Will +9/+11; Init +2; Per +13/+17

Sweet. I love Pilfering Hand, it is an awesome spell. I like to use it on clerics too cheap to buy a shield inscribed with a holy symbol.


Reflex Save Dwarf E10 vs Damage: 1d20 + 5 - 1 - 2 ⇒ (3) + 5 - 1 - 2 = 5
Reflex Save Dwarf F10 vs Damage: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25

Reflex Save Dwarf E10 vs Picked Up: 1d20 + 5 - 1 - 2 ⇒ (17) + 5 - 1 - 2 = 19
Reflex Save Dwarf F10 vs Picked Up: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20

Mind Fog Save Dwarf F10: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26 DC 22

Skorhald is protected from two hits by his mirror image spell, but one attack gets through and hits him. Skorhald has 2 images left and was hit once for 15 physical damage and 6 fire damage

Attack E11 vs Skorhald - Attack #1: 1d20 + 17 - 1 - 2 ⇒ (3) + 17 - 1 - 2 = 17
Mirror Image - 1 is Skorhald: 1d5 ⇒ 2
Damage: 1d10 + 14 - 1 ⇒ (7) + 14 - 1 = 20
Flaming (fire) damage): 1d6 ⇒ 5

Attack E11 vs Skorhald - Attack #2: 1d20 + 17 - 5 - 1 - 2 ⇒ (11) + 17 - 5 - 1 - 2 = 20
Mirror Image - 1 is Skorhald: 1d4 ⇒ 1
Damage: 1d10 + 14 - 1 ⇒ (2) + 14 - 1 = 15
Flaming (fire) damage): 1d6 ⇒ 6

Attack E11 vs Skorhald - Attack #1: 1d20 + 17 - 10 - 1 - 2 ⇒ (8) + 17 - 10 - 1 - 2 = 12
Mirror Image - 1 is Skorhald: 1d4 ⇒ 4
Damage: 1d10 + 14 - 1 ⇒ (9) + 14 - 1 = 22
Flaming (fire) damage): 1d6 ⇒ 6

The middle dwarf attacks Justin, hitting once for 20 Physical Damage and 2 fire Damage

Attack E11 vs Justin - Attack #1: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (10) + 17 = 27 *Hit* Pretty sure this is Justin's AC between all of the buffs
Damage: 1d10 + 14 ⇒ (6) + 14 = 20
Flaming (fire) damage): 1d6 ⇒ 2

Attack E11 vs Justin - Attack #2: 1d20 + 17 - 5 ⇒ (1) + 17 - 5 = 13
Damage: 1d10 + 14 ⇒ (6) + 14 = 20
Flaming (fire) damage): 1d6 ⇒ 1

Attack E11 vs Justin - Attack #1: 1d20 + 17 - 10 ⇒ (17) + 17 - 10 = 24
Damage: 1d10 + 14 ⇒ (9) + 14 = 23
Flaming (fire) damage): 1d6 ⇒ 6

The other dwarf pulls out his shield and a longsword.


Skorhald hits his dwarf twice more. 52 Damage on two hits, reduced by DR

Quote:

Round 3

Initiative Order - Skorhald, Kilthan, Justin, Rohara, Aarakess, Pitch Blade

Pitch Blade (Dwarves) AC 25 T 13 FF 23 CMD 28


Lizardman hp=108/108(AC24/ff24/t11) {F=+12/R=+6/W=+9} CMD 26 Paladin 10 (Shining Knight) Smite evil 4/4 - Lay on hands 7/7

Justin takes the flaming sword from Rohara and it becomes twice as long!! He then swings starting with the hurt dwarf with powerful attacks.

att: 1d20 + 17 + 1 + 2 - 1 ⇒ (6) + 17 + 1 + 2 - 1 = 253d6 + 10 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (5, 6, 6) + 10 + 9 + 2 = 38 no flame or bonuses for sword added furious focus used

His next swing comes from the speed magic. He keeps after the wounded dwarf until he falls then starts on the other one with the 2 hander.

haste bonus attack: 1d20 + 17 + 1 + 2 - 1 - 3 ⇒ (13) + 17 + 1 + 2 - 1 - 3 = 293d6 + 10 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (2, 1, 5) + 10 + 9 + 2 = 29

without a full attack, probably don't get that laet one noo sword extras added, ac=27 shield, haste, enlarge, inspire

lay on hands: 5d6 ⇒ (3, 4, 2, 1, 4) = 14


Lizardman hp=108/108(AC24/ff24/t11) {F=+12/R=+6/W=+9} CMD 26 Paladin 10 (Shining Knight) Smite evil 4/4 - Lay on hands 7/7

100/108 hp -- AC25 -- inspire, enlarge, haste, shield 5/7 LoH


HP 110 of 110 - AC 24 (T 13, FF 21) - F +10, R +5, W +12

"Kilthan, hold your attacks..." Rohara calls to the half-elf She moves around behind him, drawing the magical morningstar that she has been using and as she does... "Would you like a weapon?"

considering her options and noting know whether their foes are good or evil she calls down her goddess's holy power, "May the Lady's power take luck from these foes..."

Move to G-8, drawing a weapon as she does. Casts Holy Smite - Holy Smite Damage: 5d8 ⇒ (4, 5, 2, 6, 7) = 24 damage, and blinded for 1 round. Will Save DC 19, for half damage and no blind

Elemental Round 2

The whirlwind of an air elemental recives no command and remains attacking the two dwarves.... and again attempts to snatch them up...

Ref Save DC 18 or take slam damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7 and another Ref Save DC 18 or be picked up within the wind.


Female Dwarf Witch/10 - (HP: 86/92; AC 16; FF 14; Touch 16; Fort +7/+9; Ref +6/+8; Will +9/+11; Init +2; Per +13/+17

Why did one of the dwarves make another save versus the Mind Fog. There is only one save, it either works or does not. If they leave the area of effect, then it lasts 2d6 more rounds. Aarakess rolled a "10" for the number or additional rounds, I did this in the initial Mind Fog post.

Round 3
Seeing the dwarves begin to have difficulty Aarakess turns her focus on the next on in the row. (She will target whichever of the two non-misfortuned of the dwarves has the least injuries.)

Move: Cackle

Standard: Misfortune Hex on the least injured dwarf - DC22 Will + -10 to the Will save from Mind Fog if it the dwarf was effected (2 of the 3 were)


Kilthan's opponent will use renewed vigor rage power on his "missed" turn

Renewed Vigor: 2d8 + 8 ⇒ (5, 4) + 8 = 17


Aarakess, sorry I thought I remembered that as long as it was in the fog needed to make a save every round. Probably thinking of stinking cloud and similar spells

Dwarf E10 Reflex Save vs Whirlwind Damage: 1d20 + 5 - 1 - 2 ⇒ (10) + 5 - 1 - 2 = 12 DC 18
Dwarf F10 Reflex Save vs Whirlwind Damage: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22 DC 18

Dwarf E10 Reflex Save vs Whirlwind Pickup: 1d20 + 5 - 1 - 2 ⇒ (13) + 5 - 1 - 2 = 15 DC 18
Dwarf F10 Reflex Save vs Whirlwind Pickup: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25 DC 18

Dwarf E10 Will Save vs Holy Smite: 1d20 + 5 - 1 - 2 - 10 ⇒ (3) + 5 - 1 - 2 - 10 = -5 DC 19
Dwarf F10 Will Save vs Holy Smite: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15 DC 19
Dwarf G10 Will Save vs Holy Smite #1 Take Worst Roll: 1d20 + 8 - 10 ⇒ (11) + 8 - 10 = 9 DC 19
Dwarf G10 Will Save vs Holy Smite #2 Take Worst Roll: 1d20 + 8 - 10 ⇒ (13) + 8 - 10 = 11 DC 19

Will Save vs Aarakess Misfortune Hex Dwarf F10: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27 DC 22


Dwarf in E10 is out of the fight. F10 and G10 is blind. G10 dwarf has misfortune and was disarmed of his admantine weapon which Justin now has.


Female Dwarf Witch/10 - (HP: 86/92; AC 16; FF 14; Touch 16; Fort +7/+9; Ref +6/+8; Will +9/+11; Init +2; Per +13/+17

Seeing the adamantine clad dwarf shrug off her spell, Aarakess growls at the warrior, and turns to making him doubt this abilities.

Evil Eye Hex: reduce AC by 4 for 10 rounds - DC 22 Will reduces to 1 round, but Cackle extends

Move Cackle


Don't you have to wait until round 4 for that? :)


Female Dwarf Witch/10 - (HP: 86/92; AC 16; FF 14; Touch 16; Fort +7/+9; Ref +6/+8; Will +9/+11; Init +2; Per +13/+17

Only if the GM is paying attention. I did not realize all your posts were saves.


Vitals (Kilthan):
(HP: 119/119; AC: 22(24)/14/20(22); CMD: 25; Fort +11, Ref: +8, Will: +4 [+6]; Rage: 8/8)
Male Half-Elven Ranger (Infiltrator): 9/Bloodrager (Spelleater): 1
Vitals (Jagdbach):
(HP: 81/81 (105/105); AC: 25(23)/13(11)/22(20); CMD: 23 (25) {27 (29) trip}; Fort +9(+11), Ref: +10, Will: +3(+5); {+4 v. enchantments})

Round 3

Kilthan, having braced himself for an attack, blinks as the Dwarf instead uses some sort of healing magic. Jagdbach, however, simply hurls himself at the target in his rage, trying his best to undo any healing.

Blind is -2AC plus loss of Dex bonus, so I'm assuming Haste-bite also hits

Bite: 1d20 + 12 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 12 + 1 + 2 = 31 for 1d6 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 6 + 2 = 10 and acid: 1d4 ⇒ 1
Bite, hasted: 1d20 + 12 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 12 + 1 + 2 = 23 for 1d6 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 6 + 2 = 13 and acid: 1d4 ⇒ 2
Claw: 1d20 + 12 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 12 + 1 + 2 = 34 for 1d6 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 6 + 2 = 9
Claw: 1d20 + 12 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 12 + 1 + 2 = 18 Miss

Holding on whether or not taking the weapon from Rohara allows full attack before posting Kilthan


Vitals (Kilthan):
(HP: 119/119; AC: 22(24)/14/20(22); CMD: 25; Fort +11, Ref: +8, Will: +4 [+6]; Rage: 8/8)
Male Half-Elven Ranger (Infiltrator): 9/Bloodrager (Spelleater): 1
Vitals (Jagdbach):
(HP: 81/81 (105/105); AC: 25(23)/13(11)/22(20); CMD: 23 (25) {27 (29) trip}; Fort +9(+11), Ref: +10, Will: +3(+5); {+4 v. enchantments})

Kilthan shakes his head, his voice resonating with that strange power, "I've still got a few to spare, but thanks.", then slams the dwarf with his shield, knocking him back, then using the moment's breath to draw the battle axe from his belt. He snarls at his opponent in dwarven, "I'm betting that you'll run out of fight before I run out of weapons."

Klar (Slam): 1d20 + 17 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 17 + 1 + 2 = 36 for 1d8 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 6 + 2 = 9
Not sure if the 28 CMD includes the +4 from stablity (assuming they don't have an alternate trait) -- if it doesn't (and there's no other penalties), it's a 5' push -- if it does (or there *are* other penalties), then it's at least 10'

Move action to ready the (backup) Masterwork Battleaxe


Will Save DC 22 vs Evil Eye: 1d20 + 8 - 10 ⇒ (11) + 8 - 10 = 9

The dwarf in the middle swing blindly at Justin three times. While connecting on his first hit, Justin easily avoids the other two. 1 Hit for 30 damage

Blind Attack #1 vs Justin: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (9) + 17 = 26
Damage: 1d10 + 20 ⇒ (10) + 20 = 30
Blind Miss chance 50%: 1d100 ⇒ 100

Blind Attack #2 vs Justin: 1d20 + 17 - 5 ⇒ (1) + 17 - 5 = 13
Damage: 1d10 + 20 ⇒ (5) + 20 = 25
Blind Miss chance 50%: 1d100 ⇒ 100

Blind Attack #3 vs Justin: 1d20 + 17 - 10 ⇒ (16) + 17 - 10 = 23
Damage: 1d10 + 20 ⇒ (9) + 20 = 29
Blind Miss chance 50%: 1d100 ⇒ 7

The other dwarf against Kilthan does the same, but being cursed and blinded doesn't come close to hitting him.

Blind Attack #1 vs Kilthan: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (17) + 17 = 34
Blind Attack #1 vs Kilthan: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (20) + 17 = 37 *Hit*
Damage: 1d10 + 20 ⇒ (9) + 20 = 29
Blind Miss chance 50%: 1d100 ⇒ 4

Blind Attack #2 vs Kilthan: 1d20 + 17 - 5 ⇒ (1) + 17 - 5 = 13
Blind Attack #2 vs Kilthan: 1d20 + 17 - 5 ⇒ (3) + 17 - 5 = 15
Damage: 1d10 + 20 ⇒ (3) + 20 = 23
Blind Miss chance 50%: 1d100 ⇒ 11

Blind Attack #3 vs Kilthan: 1d20 + 17 - 10 ⇒ (6) + 17 - 10 = 13
Blind Attack #3 vs Kilthan: 1d20 + 17 - 10 ⇒ (11) + 17 - 10 = 18
Damage: 1d10 + 20 ⇒ (5) + 20 = 25
Blind Miss chance 50%: 1d100 ⇒ 100


Skorhald and Justin gets attacks while the dwarves are still blind. Everyone else they will be sighted.

Quote:

Round 4

Initiative Order - Skorhald, Kilthan, Justin, Rohara, Aarakess, Pitch Blade

Pitch Blade (Dwarves) AC 25 T 13 FF 23 CMD 28


Lizardman hp=108/108(AC24/ff24/t11) {F=+12/R=+6/W=+9} CMD 26 Paladin 10 (Shining Knight) Smite evil 4/4 - Lay on hands 7/7

Round 4 Justin

in hands=adamantine greataword,LG
Active effects=shield, enlarge, inspire, haste. Loh used=2


Male CG Male Dwarf Bard (Arcane Duelist) 10 HP 71/92; AC 17, T 12, FF 16; F+6, R+9, W+7(+2 v. Charm); Perc +12; Init +1

Garnstn limbers up his chain and swings at a distance at the dwarf that once was in the middle...

Move action, adjust grip on the chain... Standard attack.

Attack: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (20) + 16 = 36
Damage: 1d10 + 21 ⇒ (4) + 21 = 25

Crit Confirm Attack: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (2) + 16 = 18
Crit Damage Damage: 1d10 + 21 ⇒ (9) + 21 = 30

Bah! Well still 25 points...


Vitals (Kilthan):
(HP: 119/119; AC: 22(24)/14/20(22); CMD: 25; Fort +11, Ref: +8, Will: +4 [+6]; Rage: 8/8)
Male Half-Elven Ranger (Infiltrator): 9/Bloodrager (Spelleater): 1
Vitals (Jagdbach):
(HP: 81/81 (105/105); AC: 25(23)/13(11)/22(20); CMD: 23 (25) {27 (29) trip}; Fort +9(+11), Ref: +10, Will: +3(+5); {+4 v. enchantments})

Kilthan knocked his opponent back with a Shield Slam? (And, also, if he goes before Justin, shouldn't he also have a blind target?)


Lizardman hp=108/108(AC24/ff24/t11) {F=+12/R=+6/W=+9} CMD 26 Paladin 10 (Shining Knight) Smite evil 4/4 - Lay on hands 7/7

Round 4 Justin
Swift = litany of entanglement -- Full attack (full round)

Justin uses his holy symbol to quickly cast a spell at the dwarf in the middle that was knocked back, and chains from the ground try to grab at the dwarf.

Litany of Entanglement Will DC 15 or condition=entangled for 1 round:
Casting Time 1 swift action
Components V, S, DF

EFFECT

Range close (25 ft. + 5 ft./2 levels)
Target one creature
Duration 1 round
Saving Throw Will negates; Spell Resistance yes

DESCRIPTION

Your litany conjures chains of energy that lash upward from the ground and hamper the target’s movement. The target is entangled. This spell has no effect on flying creatures, or creatures not standing upon solid ground. While subject to this spell, the target cannot be the target of another spell that has the word "litany" in the title.

Justin than goes to retaliating against the same dwarf in the middle that attacked him. His large sword swings in powerful blows, hitting the dwarf again and again until he falls. His unfortunate comrade takes the remaining hits.

greatsword adamantine: 1d20 + 19 + 1 - 1 ⇒ (17) + 19 + 1 - 1 = 363d6 + 21 ⇒ (1, 5, 3) + 21 = 30
greatsword adamantine iterative: 1d20 + 19 + 1 - 1 - 8 ⇒ (14) + 19 + 1 - 1 - 8 = 253d6 + 21 ⇒ (4, 6, 6) + 21 = 37
greatsword adamantine haste bonus: 1d20 + 19 + 1 - 1 - 3 ⇒ (10) + 19 + 1 - 1 - 3 = 263d6 + 21 ⇒ (1, 6, 6) + 21 = 34
No magic bonus for sword included in to hit and damage, no flaming damage added either

Having cast his spell, Justin neglects to lay on hands.
70/108 hp, enlarged (AC27) haste shield inspire In hand=adamantine greatsword

As the battle turns badly for the dwarves, Justin pleads to Rohara. "Milady, please ready a spell to save these dwarves if we hit them too hard. I fight for the glory and honor of Iomedae, not for the waste of precious life."


HP 110 of 110 - AC 24 (T 13, FF 21) - F +10, R +5, W +12

Rohara Round 4

Rohara looks to her elemental and again in Auran, "Both dwarves if you can."

She turns to Justin in Draconic, "I believe those of the arena do just that, if it is possible... but also know, that if those dwarves were not evil my previous spell would not have affected them."

"Lady, I implore you to heal this champion to conintue this fight." She reaches out and touches Justin with her hands glowing with healing magics that close the worst of his wounds

Cast Cure Serious Wounds: 3d8 + 10 ⇒ (6, 5, 7) + 10 = 28 healed to Justin

Elemental Round 4

The whirlwind of an air elemental attacks the remaining dwarves.... and again attempts to snatch them up...

Ref Save DC 18 or take slam damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10 and another Ref Save DC 18 or be picked up within the wind.


Lizardman hp=108/108(AC24/ff24/t11) {F=+12/R=+6/W=+9} CMD 26 Paladin 10 (Shining Knight) Smite evil 4/4 - Lay on hands 7/7

Justin seems surprised. "Evil dwarves??? All the dwarves I know are law abiding, salt of the earth, dependable types. I never considered there would be evil dwarves!!!"


Female Dwarf Witch/10 - (HP: 86/92; AC 16; FF 14; Touch 16; Fort +7/+9; Ref +6/+8; Will +9/+11; Init +2; Per +13/+17

Aarakess raises her eyebrow at Justin's comment.
Never talked to an elf about dwarves have you.


Male CG Male Dwarf Bard (Arcane Duelist) 10 HP 71/92; AC 17, T 12, FF 16; F+6, R+9, W+7(+2 v. Charm); Perc +12; Init +1

Still spinning his ball and chain, Skorhald throws an aside to Aarakess saying, "I've talked to elves about dwarves and never heard such bull-cockery in all my days..."


Vitals (Kilthan):
(HP: 119/119; AC: 22(24)/14/20(22); CMD: 25; Fort +11, Ref: +8, Will: +4 [+6]; Rage: 8/8)
Male Half-Elven Ranger (Infiltrator): 9/Bloodrager (Spelleater): 1
Vitals (Jagdbach):
(HP: 81/81 (105/105); AC: 25(23)/13(11)/22(20); CMD: 23 (25) {27 (29) trip}; Fort +9(+11), Ref: +10, Will: +3(+5); {+4 v. enchantments})

Round 4

Kilthan, battle-axe in hand smiles at the dwarf, his voice echoing with the resonance of the power flowing through him as he says in dwarven, "Time to pay the price," then plants his foot and lashes out in a fury, even as his furry companion does the same.

Masterwork Battleaxe (PA): 1d20 + 12 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 12 + 2 + 1 = 34 for 2d6 + 12 + 2 ⇒ (1, 3) + 12 + 2 = 18
Masterwork Battleaxe, hasted (PA): 1d20 + 13 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 13 + 2 + 1 = 32 for 2d6 + 12 + 2 ⇒ (1, 4) + 12 + 2 = 19
Klar (PA): 1d20 + 12 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 12 + 2 + 1 = 19 Hits due to evil eye + blind (I think) for 1d8 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 6 + 2 = 15
Masterwork Battleaxe, iterative (PA): 1d20 + 8 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 8 + 2 + 1 = 21 The 21 would hit evil-eye, regardless of blind -- for 2d6 + 12 + 2 ⇒ (4, 4) + 12 + 2 = 22
Klar,iterative (PA): 1d20 + 10 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 10 + 2 + 1 = 19 Again, EE and blind might mean a hit for 1d8 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 6 + 2 = 12

Assuming all hit, that's 86. If 19 misses, then 59. Also, that's like my 4th (recent) 19. Need to get impervious and keen on the waraxe.

Jagbdach (bite): 1d20 + 12 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 12 + 2 + 1 = 17 Miss
Jagbdach (bite, hasted): 1d20 + 12 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 12 + 2 + 1 = 18 Miss
Jagbdach (claw): 1d20 + 12 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 12 + 2 + 1 = 25 for 1d6 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 6 + 2 = 9
Jagbdach (claw): 1d20 + 12 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 12 + 2 + 1 = 34 for 1d6 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 6 + 2 = 10 And rend: 1d6 ⇒ 1

Unless 18 hits, 20 from the Fuzzsaw

Kilthan turns his head to the others and says, "Dwarves, on the other hand, don't claim elves are evil. Just annoying."


Female Dwarf Witch/10 - (HP: 86/92; AC 16; FF 14; Touch 16; Fort +7/+9; Ref +6/+8; Will +9/+11; Init +2; Per +13/+17

Aarakess laughs at Skorhald's comment:
There is a reason many elves tend to have a chaotic nature, and it is not because of a hereditary inclination to telling the truth, to dwarves or anyone else.


Kilthan brings down the blind dwarf in front of him. The last remaining dwarf's vision soon clear and seeing the other two Pitch Blade members down, gives the signal for surrender. The look on his face indicates it won't be a slight he will soon forget.

The crowd cheers louder than before as the judges declare you the winner. The spectators in the arena begin to chant your team's name. You can even hear chants of Kilthan and Rohara ripple through the chanting, amazed at some of the deeds you performed in the battle.

Raknian is missing out of his viewing box suspiciously, so Talibar calles up Ekaym, who doesn't appear, to receive your prize money. Since he doesn't come, Skorhald is called up to receive the prize. Praising your team on a great victory, you receive 5,000 gold for winning and a silver trophy of a dwarf gladiator (worth 500 gp).

Later in the Coenoby Talibar comes and says that Ekyam convinced the authorities that Raknian was behind the death of his sister. They came to arrest him, but he fled with his bodyguard and got away. From this point on Talibar will be in charge. He tells you normally last year's champion Auric's Warband would fight in the monster fight tomorrow, but due to your involvement to finding Raknian's guilt your team will get that honor.

Talibar also lets you know that Ekyam and has left the city with his sister's body to take her home and bury her.

So tonight you can rest and re-coup, then at 11am your fight will take place. Win that and the day after you fight in the championship fight!


Vitals (Kilthan):
(HP: 119/119; AC: 22(24)/14/20(22); CMD: 25; Fort +11, Ref: +8, Will: +4 [+6]; Rage: 8/8)
Male Half-Elven Ranger (Infiltrator): 9/Bloodrager (Spelleater): 1
Vitals (Jagdbach):
(HP: 81/81 (105/105); AC: 25(23)/13(11)/22(20); CMD: 23 (25) {27 (29) trip}; Fort +9(+11), Ref: +10, Will: +3(+5); {+4 v. enchantments})

Kilthan, sagging slightly in fatigue, having released his rage, winks at Aara and says, "You know, I think I tried an excuse along those lines when I was in my early teens.... I don't believe it worked, though." He reaches over and rubs Jagdbach behind the ears, then looks up, saluting the crowd with his battle axe, before turning his eyes on his fallen, broken weapon. He sighs, "I think we may need to find someone who can cast make whole tonight."

6,901 to 6,949 of 6,949 << first < prev | 129 | 130 | 131 | 132 | 133 | 134 | 135 | 136 | 137 | 138 | 139 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Blood's Age Of Worms (Group 2) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2016 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.