Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

GM Blood's Age of Worms in Golarion #2

Game Master David James Olsen

Group 2 Map
Loot spreadsheet


401 to 450 of 5,972 << first < prev | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | next > last >>

Male Half-Elven Ranger (Infiltrator): 8
Status:
(HP: 94/94; AC: 22(24)/14/20(22); CMD: 24; Fort +9, Ref: +8, Will: +4 [+6])

Elven blood renders Kilthan immune to magical sleep effects.... However, just in case it's not a "normal" sleep effect... Will: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

Dwarven Waraxe (PA): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7 for 1d10 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9

Kilthan tries to resist a shudder as the thing's eye touches him, his skin twitching as he brings up his axe a second time. The urge to shudder overtakes him midswing, pulling the blade off-target. The axeblade passes harmlessly near the beast.


Female Dwarf Witch/8 - (HP: 57/74; AC 16; FF 14; Touch 16; Fort +6/8; Ref +5/+7; Will +8/+10; Init +2; Per +11/+13

DM Blood:

I think you missed the save in round 2 for the AC Hex. That one should have been at -2. I think that you made the save on the -2 to saves in Round 1, if so the -2 to Attacks Hex I am using in round 3 should be at the normal save - if you missed the round 1 save, all these are at -2.

Round 3
Evil Eye Hex -> -2 to Attacks for 7 rounds, DC15 Will save reduces to 1 round.

Come on guys, we gotta get this thing down. Hit him hard Justin and Kilthan. I can make one of you larger, but I do not know if you both will be able to hit him.


HP70 of 82 - AC 24 (T 13, FF 21) - F +8, R +5, W +11

"Wha... what happened," the woman shakes herself awake at Justin's promptings. Blinking several times she sees that there is danger and reaches out from her prone postion and touches the lizardman... "Desna's luck be with you."

((Bit of Luck power on Justin (Any time the target rolls a d20, he may roll twice and take the more favorable result))

Status:
Actions
Standard Action: Bit of Luck on Justin
Move Action: Grab weapon

HP: 7/8 remaining
AC: 20 (18 Flat-footed / 12 Touch)
In Hand: Mace and shield
Conditions: Prone
Spells (0-level, DC 13, at will) Create Water, Detect Magic, Light; (1st level, DC 14) Bless x2, True Strike (d)
Channel Energy (1d6, DC 12) 6 of 7 remaining
Bit of Luck 4 of 6 remaining (Any time the target rolls a d20, he may roll twice and take the more favorable result)
Agile Feet 5 of 6 remaining (ignore all difficult terrain for 1 round)


Aarakess:
Sorry been in and out of the house this weekend with the holidays and I think i haven't been paying enough attention before I post since I have only had a moment or two to do it.

Kilthan You are immune to the sleep effect. Still wanted to scare ya!

GM Blood:

Will Save 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13
1d5 + 1d5 ⇒ (2) + (2) = 4

Sleep Ray Touch Aarakess 1d20 + 7 - 2 ⇒ (12) + 7 - 2 = 17 Will DC 11 or asleep

Sleep Ray Touch Kilthan 1d20 + 7 - 2 ⇒ (9) + 7 - 2 = 14 Will DC 11 or Fear (-2 to all rolls)

Round 3

Initiative Order - Aarakess, Monster, Kilthan, Dryn'taka, Ingrid, Justin, Rohara

Monster Stats AC 16 (14) T 16 (14) FF 12 (10)


Female Dwarf Witch/8 - (HP: 57/74; AC 16; FF 14; Touch 16; Fort +6/8; Ref +5/+7; Will +8/+10; Init +2; Per +11/+13

DM Blood:

No problem, always feel it is best to note when I think that something has been missed so that there is not a problem later - "But wait, I cast Protection from Evil 3 rounds ago, I shouldn't have taken any damage for the past 3 rounds."

Let me know the best way to handle these, Regular Post, Spoiler Post, or Personal Message.

Feeling the coldness and slight lethargy pass over her as the thing gazes at her, Aarakess is glad she is of elven blood.


Female HP: 36/36, AC:16 / T12 / F14 CMD:15 Fort:2,Ref:6,Will:6 Aasimar Bard 4

"What a tough little bugger."
she attacks again
Attack, Whip: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20

Damage, Whip: 1d3 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5


Aarakess:
Spoiler or PM is fine

Ingrid's whip cracks and knock the thing out of the air. It looks alive yet though stunned or knocked out. (Hard to tell with a thing like that)


Female Dwarf Witch/8 - (HP: 57/74; AC 16; FF 14; Touch 16; Fort +6/8; Ref +5/+7; Will +8/+10; Init +2; Per +11/+13

Someone hit that thing hard. It looks stunned, I would prefer that it was dead. Is anyone hurt?


{HP 74/74 | AC18/FF14/T14/CMD21 | F+9/R+11/W+3 | Inish +4, Per +11}

"If it's still alive, we should pack it up and take it back with us. Maybe put it in a sack to prevent the sleep thing it did to Rohara?" Dryn looks excited at the prospect.


Female Dwarf Witch/8 - (HP: 57/74; AC 16; FF 14; Touch 16; Fort +6/8; Ref +5/+7; Will +8/+10; Init +2; Per +11/+13

Do you have the resources to keep this think trapped? Unless you do, I believe we should relieve it of its life.


Lizardman hp=86/86(AC24/ff24/t11) {F=+11/R=+5/W=+8} CMD 24 Paladin 8 (Shining Knight) Smite evil 3/3 - Lay on hands 6/7

Justin produces a bag and stuffs the heads in first. Then .
he ties the heads firmly in place.


Male Half-Elven Ranger (Infiltrator): 8
Status:
(HP: 94/94; AC: 22(24)/14/20(22); CMD: 24; Fort +9, Ref: +8, Will: +4 [+6])

Will: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18

Kilthan raises his axe to strike the thing in twain as Justin steps in and scoops the creature into a sack. He winces, then shakes his head, saying, "That's a dangerous, hateful thing -- it's not a very good pet, and won't be happy when it wakes up in a bag."


Lizardman hp=86/86(AC24/ff24/t11) {F=+11/R=+5/W=+8} CMD 24 Paladin 8 (Shining Knight) Smite evil 3/3 - Lay on hands 6/7

Using his rope, Justin binds the heads securely in the bag.

"Do you think this will hold? If not, we can bring this back to Alustran dead."

"I would like to point this could be an effective resource, for example, we could use it by throwing it into a room full of enemies."


Female HP: 36/36, AC:16 / T12 / F14 CMD:15 Fort:2,Ref:6,Will:6 Aasimar Bard 4

"Aren't biological weapons forbidden by the Ares peace treaty?"


Female Dwarf Witch/8 - (HP: 57/74; AC 16; FF 14; Touch 16; Fort +6/8; Ref +5/+7; Will +8/+10; Init +2; Per +11/+13

In all likelihood, if you threw it into a room, then we would have one more enemy, except the enemy would be trying to put us asleep while the other enemies tried to cut our heads off. If we can safely take it back for research, that is fine. But, at the first sign of danger, I want Kilthan's sword to sever it in twain.

Oh, and Ingrid, the Ares peace treaty is as mythical as the land of Greece from which it supposedly arises.


Lizardman hp=86/86(AC24/ff24/t11) {F=+11/R=+5/W=+8} CMD 24 Paladin 8 (Shining Knight) Smite evil 3/3 - Lay on hands 6/7

"OK point well taken. Shall we finish checking out this area?"


HP70 of 82 - AC 24 (T 13, FF 21) - F +8, R +5, W +11

Rohara gets up off the ground no worse for wear. "That was rather, embarrassing. At least I can blame such a thing on the foul creature.

After the creature is bagged, she looks about the statue where the creature was hiding.

(Perception take 20, for a 23)


Female HP: 36/36, AC:16 / T12 / F14 CMD:15 Fort:2,Ref:6,Will:6 Aasimar Bard 4

It was a referance to the Ares Conventions in Battletech, AKA Mechwarrior


Female Dwarf Witch/8 - (HP: 57/74; AC 16; FF 14; Touch 16; Fort +6/8; Ref +5/+7; Will +8/+10; Init +2; Per +11/+13

Good idea Rohara, we need to carefully check each of these statues. Make sure that there are no other surprises hiding in the shadows.

Searching each statue from big stone down the passage, left then right.

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27
Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20
Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11
Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28
Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22
Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11

No problem, I tend to comment, sometimes IC and sometimes OOC on lots of stuff. Depends on the character how I respond. I just found it amusing that you referenced a peace treaty with the name of the Greek god of war.


You search all the alcoves and the only thing you find or notice is the above the cupped hands there is a current of air. With some experimentation you discover that it will actually hold aloft a tiny or smaller object.

Everyone notices it gets unnaturally cold the farther west down the hallway you get.

What is your light source at the moment?


Female Dwarf Witch/8 - (HP: 57/74; AC 16; FF 14; Touch 16; Fort +6/8; Ref +5/+7; Will +8/+10; Init +2; Per +11/+13

I believe we are using a light spell cast by Ingrid.


Gotcha thanks!


Female HP: 36/36, AC:16 / T12 / F14 CMD:15 Fort:2,Ref:6,Will:6 Aasimar Bard 4
Aarakess Halcorn wrote:
Oh, and Ingrid, the Ares peace treaty is as mythical as the land of Greece from which it supposedly arises.

"I did find evidence that they existed, but it was destroyed in a total cave in at the site.

"But it is now rumored that the Ares peace treaty is being revived by the countries of Varisia, Nidal, Belkzen, Lastwall and with some honeyed words Cheliax, and Ustalav.

Ingrid and Dryn'taka won't notice the cold as much due to racial resistances, and we both have Darkvision 60ft


{HP 74/74 | AC18/FF14/T14/CMD21 | F+9/R+11/W+3 | Inish +4, Per +11}

Beat me to it, but yup.


Ready to advance to the next room?


Female HP: 36/36, AC:16 / T12 / F14 CMD:15 Fort:2,Ref:6,Will:6 Aasimar Bard 4

she notices almost everyone doing things to keep warm or warm up as they walk.
"Why is everyone, but me and Dryn'taka acting like it's getting colder."

These words do give a hinting of her heritage, as most of you would likely think she is ulfen with some elven blood

Map please


HP70 of 82 - AC 24 (T 13, FF 21) - F +8, R +5, W +11

Seeing that a small objects float in the air before the statues she considers, "Perhaps if we place something in each." She will place a silver coin before each, so that there are floating silver pieces before each statue.

Rohara calls from behind, "Ingrid, it is getting colder as we move towards the room at the end of this. Can you not feel the difference?"

She looks at the archeologist a moment and seeing a minor injury says, "You appear injured. Why did you not say anything?" Rohara takes up her holy symbol and concentrates a moment as a wash of holy energies radiate out from her and heal her companions.

Status:
Actions
Channel Energy 1d6 ⇒ 5 healed

HP: 8/8 remaining
AC: 20 (18 Flat-footed / 12 Touch)
In Hand: Mace and shield
Conditions: none
Spells (0-level, DC 13, at will) Create Water, Detect Magic, Light; (1st level, DC 14) Bless x2, True Strike (d)
Channel Energy (1d6, DC 12) 5 of 7 remaining
Bit of Luck 4 of 6 remaining (Any time the target rolls a d20, he may roll twice and take the more favorable result)
Agile Feet 5 of 6 remaining (ignore all difficult terrain for 1 round)


The coins stay suspended in place above their hands. You do not notice anything else though.


Lizardman hp=86/86(AC24/ff24/t11) {F=+11/R=+5/W=+8} CMD 24 Paladin 8 (Shining Knight) Smite evil 3/3 - Lay on hands 6/7

"This is a bad time to be reptilian. Scale mail should be better insulated ." Justin squeaks and shivers.


Female HP: 36/36, AC:16 / T12 / F14 CMD:15 Fort:2,Ref:6,Will:6 Aasimar Bard 4

Ingrid replies to Rohara
"I didn't notice the temperature drop, I guess I'm more like my Oma than I thought."

after the healing touch
Thanks, I sometimes don't notice my own injuries."


Female Dwarf Witch/8 - (HP: 57/74; AC 16; FF 14; Touch 16; Fort +6/8; Ref +5/+7; Will +8/+10; Init +2; Per +11/+13

Yes, it is a bit chillier that before. This is rather strange. I assume we will find some magic causing this before long. Everyone should be prepared.

Onward to the next room.


Male Half-Elven Ranger (Infiltrator): 8
Status:
(HP: 94/94; AC: 22(24)/14/20(22); CMD: 24; Fort +9, Ref: +8, Will: +4 [+6])

Kilthan listens to the conversation, then pulls his cloak around him against the cold, "It's strange, often as you proceed underground, it grows warmer, not cooler."

He nods at Rohara as thanks for the healing, then continues forward cautiously.

Stealth: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21
Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26


Next Room

Quote:
A dull grey stone pillar reaches from floor to ceiling in this large chamber. Halls extend to the north and south.

The cold is coming from the north end of the room. There is a collasped area on the pillar at the south end. You cannot see around to the west side of the pillar


Lizardman hp=86/86(AC24/ff24/t11) {F=+11/R=+5/W=+8} CMD 24 Paladin 8 (Shining Knight) Smite evil 3/3 - Lay on hands 6/7

"Kilthan, do you want to explore this cave in while Scout and I make sure nothing comes from the larger left passage?"

Justin and scout stop where they have a view down the long left passage and still see into the right passage.


Female Dwarf Witch/8 - (HP: 57/74; AC 16; FF 14; Touch 16; Fort +6/8; Ref +5/+7; Will +8/+10; Init +2; Per +11/+13

Be careful Kilthan, it is apparent that parts of the ceiling have already collapsed, we do not want more to fall while we are here.


Male Half-Elven Ranger (Infiltrator): 8
Status:
(HP: 94/94; AC: 22(24)/14/20(22); CMD: 24; Fort +9, Ref: +8, Will: +4 [+6])

Kilthan nods, "I will. Keep things off my back, if you can."

He starts sneaking forward, then around the pillar, moving as quietly as possible, and trying to avoid being crushed by falling stones.

Stealth: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18
Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14


The cold is definitely coming from the North side of the passage where the strange orange residue extends to the northern hall.

Kilthan checks out the southern side and notices that there is a leather sack that looks very old, and a number of tools hanging on the wall here. Most of the tools hanging are broken, or aged to being unusable, but there are two short thin batons that seem to have no wear on them and a pair of goggle hanging there.

GM Blood:

Perception Kilthan Hammerstone 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23


Female HP: 36/36, AC:16 / T12 / F14 CMD:15 Fort:2,Ref:6,Will:6 Aasimar Bard 4

"We should stick in groups of either 2 or 3 while checking things out incase there is a problem.
I'll go with Kilthan."

She follows Kilthan into the northern passage,
which knowledge check do I need for the orange residue, and anything else in the passage/room?


Ingrid Kilthan is currently on the southern side. Are you going to the northen side or are you asking for when he goes and checks out the northern side?

Knowledge Nature check for the residue and you need to be up close


Female Dwarf Witch/8 - (HP: 57/74; AC 16; FF 14; Touch 16; Fort +6/8; Ref +5/+7; Will +8/+10; Init +2; Per +11/+13

Does anyone know what that orange stuff is to the north?

I carefully go over to look at it, being prepared to jump back should it be sentient or dangerous.

Knowledge(nature):1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23


Female HP: 36/36, AC:16 / T12 / F14 CMD:15 Fort:2,Ref:6,Will:6 Aasimar Bard 4

Ingrid will go with Kilthan on the southern side.
any knowledge checks to identify the stuff?
and she takes 20 on a search check (result 31) to check out the area.


Female Dwarf Witch/8 - (HP: 57/74; AC 16; FF 14; Touch 16; Fort +6/8; Ref +5/+7; Will +8/+10; Init +2; Per +11/+13

Just for a confirmation, on the map, left is north and right is south, correct?


Everyone sees this but but Ingrid and Kilthan who is at the south side of the pillar

Aarakess moves in closer to investigate the orange stuff on the floor. She is shivering as she gets closer and suddenly falls to the floor unconscious.

Aarakess:
As you round the corner you see a fountain basin about 4' off the ground on the north side of the pillar. It has some sort of orange substance in it much the same color as the remains on the floor. At first you think it may be spill over from the fountain that has dried, but then you remember a study day with Allustan where he outlined various molds in the wild. One was called brown mold that radiated cold and grew to a bigger size once fire was brought near it or used on it. Any cold spells would destroy it instantly. Too late however as the cold overwhelms you, and you pass out.

Non lethal cold damage 3d6 ⇒ (5, 6, 5) = 16


Female HP: 36/36, AC:16 / T12 / F14 CMD:15 Fort:2,Ref:6,Will:6 Aasimar Bard 4

does Ingrid hear Aarakes drop to the floor.

Perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (15) + 11 = 26


North is to the left correct. Sorry didn't include that from the earlier map.

Ingrid moves around to aid Kilthan who points out the sack and the items. Seeing those few things hanging up with no damage or aging from time decides to do a detect magic and they are indeed magical, the sack does not detect as such. Nothing else appear to be in that area.

Two batons and the goggles are magical

Ingrid does not hear her drop to the floor, but you hear everyone else react to her dropping and peak around the corner to notice.


{HP 74/74 | AC18/FF14/T14/CMD21 | F+9/R+11/W+3 | Inish +4, Per +11}

"Oh no, Aarakess!" Out of concern, Dryn'taka starts towards her unconscious form, then stops, not sure what happened. She starts looking to see if she was injured or for more of those monsters from earlier. "See any more of those eyeball thingies?"

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8


Female HP: 36/36, AC:16 / T12 / F14 CMD:15 Fort:2,Ref:6,Will:6 Aasimar Bard 4

"Oh Crap"
Ingrid goes to Aarakes and moves her to away from that passage into the Hall


Female Dwarf Witch/8 - (HP: 57/74; AC 16; FF 14; Touch 16; Fort +6/8; Ref +5/+7; Will +8/+10; Init +2; Per +11/+13

Ouch - Unconscious - HP: 0/8 --> at least I am not dying yet.


Aarakess succumbed to the cold but is still alive


Female HP: 36/36, AC:16 / T12 / F14 CMD:15 Fort:2,Ref:6,Will:6 Aasimar Bard 4

"She feels cold, Let's get her warmed up."
she finds that Aarakess does not have a Bedroll.

"She has no bedroll, so I'll let her use mine for the moment."
Ingrid takes out her bed roll and puts Aarakess in it.

401 to 450 of 5,972 << first < prev | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Blood's Age Of Worms (Group 2) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.