Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

GM Blood's Age of Worms in Golarion #2

Game Master David James Olsen

Group 2 Map
Loot spreadsheet


351 to 400 of 6,005 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>

Female Dwarf Witch/8 - (HP: 57/74; AC 16; FF 14; Touch 16; Fort +6/8; Ref +5/+7; Will +8/+10; Init +2; Per +11/+13

Perception checks while the stone is being moved:

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18
Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9
Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24
Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23
Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26


Excellent now I need a Strength check from the pushers


Female HP: 36/36, AC:16 / T12 / F14 CMD:15 Fort:2,Ref:6,Will:6 Aasimar Bard 4

"If a pressure plate is spotted.
Tell us to stop immediately,
I'll disarm it, and then we'll continue."

STR check: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8


Female Dwarf Witch/8 - (HP: 57/74; AC 16; FF 14; Touch 16; Fort +6/8; Ref +5/+7; Will +8/+10; Init +2; Per +11/+13

I think that DM Blood wanted 5 strength checks from each of the three pushers, or 6 or 7. One for each foot of movement.


Female HP: 36/36, AC:16 / T12 / F14 CMD:15 Fort:2,Ref:6,Will:6 Aasimar Bard 4

STR check: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15
STR check: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20
STR check: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11
STR check: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18


Lizardman hp=86/86(AC24/ff24/t11) {F=+11/R=+5/W=+8} CMD 24 Paladin 8 (Shining Knight) Smite evil 3/3 - Lay on hands 6/7

Justin prepares to move the stone.

ST checks:
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 161d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 141d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 101d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 201d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 151d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 91d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22


OK, now just Str checks for Kilthan


Male Half-Elven Ranger (Infiltrator): 8
Status:
(HP: 94/94; AC: 22(24)/14/20(22); CMD: 24; Fort +9, Ref: +8, Will: +4 [+6])

Kilthan steps off to the side to ensure everyone else gets a good grip, then grits his teeth and heaves...
Check #1: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21
Check #2: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16
Check #3: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22
Check #4: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21
Check #5: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12


{HP 74/74 | AC18/FF14/T14/CMD21 | F+9/R+11/W+3 | Inish +4, Per +11}

Dryn'taka will keep an eye out while cheering on the others. "Go on and get that rock moved! A big heavy boulder won't stop us! You can do it! We could try an alchemical method, though it probably wouldn't work. Or, y'know, bring the roof down."

Some Dice:

[ooc]Perception Rolls]
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11


As you strain to push the huge slab of stone, it starts moving inch by inch. As you get it a little more than 2 feet Dryn'taka calls for a halt. She sees a pressure plate and points it out to everyone.


Female HP: 36/36, AC:16 / T12 / F14 CMD:15 Fort:2,Ref:6,Will:6 Aasimar Bard 4

I wish Disable Device was a class skill, can I take 20 on it?


{HP 74/74 | AC18/FF14/T14/CMD21 | F+9/R+11/W+3 | Inish +4, Per +11}

"Yea, go, it's moving, it's moving!! Great job...um, I'd stop moving it now or you might not like it." She points out the pressure trigger underneath the big rock. "I don't know for sure what that'll do, but it's probably not a good thing."


{HP 74/74 | AC18/FF14/T14/CMD21 | F+9/R+11/W+3 | Inish +4, Per +11}

Alchemists get it as a class skill, and I do have it trained (+7 modifier). I just don't have trapfinding, so no magical traps. But if you want, you find 'em, I'll disable 'em.


You cannot take 10 or 20. If you fail by 5 or more it is set off. If 1-4 under it doesn't go off but not disabled

The pressure plate is being held down note by the weight of the stone and will go off once the weight is removed (or possibly fiddled with)


Female HP: 36/36, AC:16 / T12 / F14 CMD:15 Fort:2,Ref:6,Will:6 Aasimar Bard 4

"It'll take a bit to be disarmed.
I would ask that those that can and want to disarm it stay here, while the rest go back to the yellow alcove.
This way if it goes off, their will be less targets for it to kill or injure."


Lizardman hp=86/86(AC24/ff24/t11) {F=+11/R=+5/W=+8} CMD 24 Paladin 8 (Shining Knight) Smite evil 3/3 - Lay on hands 6/7

Justin jumps in the container and pushes the button.

"I'll go back first. When Ingrid comes back, the sarcophagus group will know it is safe."

When it comes to traps, I am no help.


Ok so everyone leaves except Dryn so she can disable the trap? Elevator up or down? If it is down, then everyone upstairs would have to rotate the arrow all the way around. If up, then it would take 1 round to call the elevator and 1 round to get in/up


Female Dwarf Witch/8 - (HP: 57/74; AC 16; FF 14; Touch 16; Fort +6/8; Ref +5/+7; Will +8/+10; Init +2; Per +11/+13

Once Kilthan and Rohara are up, you have 5 minutes. Then we come back down to make sure everything is ok.

With this, I head into the elevator and push the button to go up.


Female HP: 36/36, AC:16 / T12 / F14 CMD:15 Fort:2,Ref:6,Will:6 Aasimar Bard 4

Ingrid will stay behind and do aid another to Dryn to disable the trap.

Disable Device (aid another): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10


{HP 74/74 | AC18/FF14/T14/CMD21 | F+9/R+11/W+3 | Inish +4, Per +11}

As the others head upstairs, Dryn'taka pulls our her kit and sets about preparing to disarm the pressure plate. "All right, let's see. I think I'll try this here, and that there, and um..." Ingrid's offer of help is met with a smile. "Thanks, Ingrid! I'm sure the two of us can do this!!"

Disable Device: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15 +2 from Ingrid for 17


Female HP: 36/36, AC:16 / T12 / F14 CMD:15 Fort:2,Ref:6,Will:6 Aasimar Bard 4

I'm assuming that it does not trip.

"I don't think it's disarmed, but not tripped.
Should we give it another go?"


{HP 74/74 | AC18/FF14/T14/CMD21 | F+9/R+11/W+3 | Inish +4, Per +11}

Should Probably Spoiler This Stuff, Right?:
"Might as well give it a shot. We have a little time before our limit is up, right?"

Another roll in case the first one wasn't enough to beat it, and high enough not to set it off.

Disable Device: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24


The attempt at disabling the trap was a near failure, and Dryn'taka is quite certain that it would have gone off without Ingrid's help. But the near disaster gave you insight on how it worked so the second time went off without a hitch. You are quite confident that moving the rock slab will not set off the trap.

You head up and let everyone know and the group comes back down and together you push the rock the rest of the way.

Recap of what was behind the rock

Map of passage

Quote:
Curious carvings that seem to represent a stirring tempest cover the walls of this ten foot wide passage. At 10-foot intervals, small alcoves flank the passage, and each alcove contains an androgynous humanoid statue with cupped hands. The figures stand roughly seven feet tall. A faint wind seems to play within the passage, but it's difficult to tell where it is coming from.


Female Dwarf Witch/8 - (HP: 57/74; AC 16; FF 14; Touch 16; Fort +6/8; Ref +5/+7; Will +8/+10; Init +2; Per +11/+13

Seeing the statues, I put out my hand and stop Kilthan.
Hold on, lets make sure that these are not another trap.

Cast Detect Magic and scan the area.

Perception:1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16


No magic detected by Aarakess


Lizardman hp=86/86(AC24/ff24/t11) {F=+11/R=+5/W=+8} CMD 24 Paladin 8 (Shining Knight) Smite evil 3/3 - Lay on hands 6/7

"Let's go Kilthan - I'll follow a little closer."

Scout perception 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14


HP70 of 82 - AC 24 (T 13, FF 21) - F +8, R +5, W +11

ZRohara looks at the strange statues, "It looks almost like they want something put within their their hands?" She then follows along with the others.


For GM Blood:

Stealth Monster 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (20) + 16 = 36
Perception Monster 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9
Perception Kilthan 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14
Stealth Kilthan 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10

1d5 ⇒ 4

Initiative Kilthan Hammerstone 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18 (Below Ground)
Initiative Aarakess Halcorn 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22
Initiative Dryn'taka Devilschild 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9
Initiative Ingrid Anika Nina Jones 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
Initiative Justin D'Rite 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (12) + 0 = 12
Initiative Rohara Acharya 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
Initiative Monster 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18

Kilthan scouts ahead with the group 20' behind. Each statue is a Bralani Azata. As Kilthan starts to pass the last of the statues the air starts to grow unnaturally cold.

Rohara make a Will save

A 3 foot strand of striated muscle connected to two eyeballs appears from behind the statue and shoot something from one of the eyeballs at Rohara.

Monster

Round 1

Initiative Order - Aarakess, Monster, Kilthan, Justin, Dryn'taka, Ingrid, Rohara

Link to Battle Map

Monster Stats AC 16 T 16 FF 12


Lizardman hp=86/86(AC24/ff24/t11) {F=+11/R=+5/W=+8} CMD 24 Paladin 8 (Shining Knight) Smite evil 3/3 - Lay on hands 6/7

"Ingrid, I am hoping to step into your spot."

Justin delays until Ingrid's action.


HP70 of 82 - AC 24 (T 13, FF 21) - F +8, R +5, W +11

(( Will Save 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10 ))


The ray hits Rohara and she falls over unconscious
Aarakess is up


Female Dwarf Witch/8 - (HP: 57/74; AC 16; FF 14; Touch 16; Fort +6/8; Ref +5/+7; Will +8/+10; Init +2; Per +11/+13

Seeing the creature: Aarakess steps to C5:
Standard Action: Evil Eye Hex to reduce Saves by 2 for 7 rounds, DC 15 reduces to 1 round.

Knowledge(Arcane): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11 <-- Do I know anything about this creature?


Male Half-Elven Ranger (Infiltrator): 8
Status:
(HP: 94/94; AC: 22(24)/14/20(22); CMD: 24; Fort +9, Ref: +8, Will: +4 [+6])

"Stone's blood, what is that thing?", Kilthan exclaims.

He runs back to rejoin the main group, drawing his waraxe as he closes. He grits his teeth slightly as he passes the creature, hoping to avoid its fell touch before stopping over Rohara's unconscious form, spinning to face his opponent -- and using the momentum of his spin to bring the axe down in a powerful two-handed blow.

Moves to B6, facing AoO for passing through B7
Dwarven Waraxe (PA): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18 for 1d10 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12


knowledge dungeoneering DC 12:
This is an abberation known as a Lurking Strangler.

knowledge dungeoneering DC 17:
The Lurking Strangler has two eyes, one cause sleep and the other causes fear. Once it puts someone to sleep it likes to strangle them.

knowledge dungeoneering DC 20:
It is impossible to flank a Lurking Strangler and can attack all surrounding opponents at once.

GM Blood:

Will Save 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17
1d5 + 1d5 ⇒ (1) + (2) = 3

Justin Touch attack from Eye #1

Eye Stalk Touch 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10

Will Save if Hits

Dryn'taka Touch attack eye #2

Eye Stalk Touch 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18

Will Save if Hits

Kilthan comes moving across and hit the Lurking Strangler solidly almost spinning it in a circle with the fierce hit.

Round 1

Initiative Order - Aarakess, Monster, Kilthan, Dryn'taka, Ingrid, Justin, Rohara

Everyone else is up!


{HP 74/74 | AC18/FF14/T14/CMD21 | F+9/R+11/W+3 | Inish +4, Per +11}

Round 1

Stats:

HP: 10/10
AC: 16, FF 14, T 13
FRW: 4/5/0
Bombs Remaining: 4/5
Mutagen: Dexterity
Spells: CLW, Shield

"Ooh, that'd be a neat pet! Rohara? Gwah, it got Rohara!!" As Rohara goes down, Dryn'taka unleashes a crossbow bolt at the creature, but failing miserably to strike. "Darn eyeball thingy!"

Dice & Actions:

Shift to C6, Standard to fire crossbow at creature, move to reload.
Will Save: 1d20 ⇒ 20

Attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8


Male Half-Elven Ranger (Infiltrator): 8
Status:
(HP: 94/94; AC: 22(24)/14/20(22); CMD: 24; Fort +9, Ref: +8, Will: +4 [+6])

Knowledge (Dungeoneering): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25

Wait a minute... I do know what that thing is!

Kilthan sidesteps the beast and says, "I learned of these in the Clanhome - we can't flank it, so just drive it back. And look out for the eyes - one causes fear and the other sleep!"

At least my elven blood will be good for something, then.


Lizardman hp=86/86(AC24/ff24/t11) {F=+11/R=+5/W=+8} CMD 24 Paladin 8 (Shining Knight) Smite evil 3/3 - Lay on hands 6/7

I may have gotten lucky. Will 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21

Justin's attack:

If Ingrid moves shift to B7 for a full (but ineffective) power attack with teeth and claws. May have some cover issues if the stalks retract.
1d20 + 5 - 1 ⇒ (1) + 5 - 1 = 51d20 + 5 - 1 ⇒ (3) + 5 - 1 = 71d20 + 5 - 1 ⇒ (8) + 5 - 1 = 121d4 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 91d4 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 81d3 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9


HP70 of 82 - AC 24 (T 13, FF 21) - F +8, R +5, W +11

The woman falls to the ground in a clump of metal armor, shield and weapon... And while her companions fight about and above her, she sleeps soundly...


Female HP: 36/36, AC:16 / T12 / F14 CMD:15 Fort:2,Ref:6,Will:6 Aasimar Bard 4

Ingrid 5-foot steps to B7.
and she uses her whip to attack

Attack, Whip: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11

Damage, Whip: 1d3 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5


Female Dwarf Witch/8 - (HP: 57/74; AC 16; FF 14; Touch 16; Fort +6/8; Ref +5/+7; Will +8/+10; Init +2; Per +11/+13

Round 2
I use my Evil Eye Hex a second time, this time reducing it's AC by 2. Remember, even if it made the save, it is -2 on saves this round.

Evil Eye Hex: AC -2 for 7 rounds unless DC15 save at -2.

Move: Step back to C4.

Then lets hit it and hit it hard. Its defenses should be weaker for at least an attack or two.

Not sure how you want to handle the Evil Eye modifiers. I will post them, but do not know how many rounds things are good for, i.e. Whether thou made or missed saves.


Kilthan Forgot AoO from your moving

1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18
1d4 - 3 ⇒ (2) - 3 = -1 (1 Damage)

Aarakess Not sure if this is in the book, but I will allow only one Evil Eye modifier at a time. A second one will merely replace the previous one. Not sure if you still want to do that. (Its save will be at -2 for it though)

Round 2

Initiative Order - Aarakess, Monster, Kilthan, Dryn'taka, Ingrid, Justin, Rohara


Female Dwarf Witch/8 - (HP: 57/74; AC 16; FF 14; Touch 16; Fort +6/8; Ref +5/+7; Will +8/+10; Init +2; Per +11/+13

DMBlood:
If that is your rule, no problem, here is the writeup on the Hexes from the D20 Witch page. In essence, I use the Save reduction to increase the chance of success on other Hexes. Yes, it is multiple versus one target, but each affects a different skill/AC/ability and I am also forgoing attacking, spell casting, healing, or any other action during this time.

Witch FAQ/Errata:

Evil Eye Hex
Can I use the evil eye hex more than once on a target?

Yes. As long as you apply a different penalty with each use of the hex (AC, ability checks, attack rolls, saving throws, or skill checks), you can have multiple penalties on the same target. Applying the same hex penalty to a target just resets the duration to the most recent use of the hex.

Example: On round 1, you hex the target's AC. On round 2, you hex the target's attack rolls, so the target now has two evil eye hexes on it. On round 3, you hex the target's saving throws, so it now has three evil eye hexes on it. On round 4, you hex its AC again, resetting the duration of the AC-hex (which does not add an additional –2 penalty to its AC). The same thing would happen if two witches were using evil eye on the same target--as long as each evil eye hex applied a penalty to a different thing, they'd all apply.

This doesn't violate the general rule fora stacking penalties--each evil eye effect is basically a different source, even though they stem from the evil eye hex (the evil eye hex is much like 5 separate weak hexes under a common umbrella). In the same way that multiple castings of bestow curse on the same target should stack as long as they do different things (penalize Strength, penalize Dex, penalize attack rolls, take no action, and so on), multiple uses of the evil eye hex stack as long as they're targeting different game statistics.

Depending on your ruling of the above, I still want to drop the AC of the monster first. If I can use multiple hexes, I will drop its attacks next.


Lizardman hp=86/86(AC24/ff24/t11) {F=+11/R=+5/W=+8} CMD 24 Paladin 8 (Shining Knight) Smite evil 3/3 - Lay on hands 6/7

"Aarakess, you may want to drag Rohara away and rouse her from slumber."
I think we can wake people up as fast as they can be put to sleep.


Female HP: 36/36, AC:16 / T12 / F14 CMD:15 Fort:2,Ref:6,Will:6 Aasimar Bard 4

debating whether to wake up Rohara or go for the attack, she attacks the creature.

Attack, Whip: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14

Damage, Whip: 1d3 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5


Ok then I guess that's no problem, hadnt seen that question


Sleep Eye Touch Attack - Kilthan 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24 Will DC 11 or asleep

Fear Eye Touch Attack - Justin 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18 Will DC 11 or -2 to everything

Creature has -2 save and AC for this round


Lizardman hp=86/86(AC24/ff24/t11) {F=+11/R=+5/W=+8} CMD 24 Paladin 8 (Shining Knight) Smite evil 3/3 - Lay on hands 6/7

Heroically driven to rouse Rohara and get her to safety, Justin moves past Arakess and reaches out to roughly drag Rohara in the same direction.

Since my posted action is invalid, move to C4 attempting to roughly drag Rohara from B6 to B5 (B4 if possible) to wake her.

Grab Rohara (if to hit roll needed):
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8


Justin Don't forget your Will save

Round 2

Initiative Order - Aarakess, Monster, Kilthan, Dryn'taka, Ingrid, Justin, Rohara

Monster Stats AC 16 (14) T 16 (14) FF 12 (10)

Ingrid's whip hits the creature and Justin is able to drag Rohara back to C8 and wake her.

Attack of Opportunity vs Justin 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17
Damage 1d4 - 3 ⇒ (4) - 3 = 1


{HP 74/74 | AC18/FF14/T14/CMD21 | F+9/R+11/W+3 | Inish +4, Per +11}

Round 2

Stats:

HP: 10/10
AC: 16, FF 14, T 13
FRW: 4/5/0
Bombs Remaining: 4/5
Mutagen: Dexterity
Spells: CLW, Shield

"Nice job, Justin!" Dryn'taka brings up her crossbow, aiming for another shot if one should present itself.

Dice & Actions:

Standard to ready an attack for a clear shot at the creature (by clear, I mean no allies in between, cover is fine).


Lizardman hp=86/86(AC24/ff24/t11) {F=+11/R=+5/W=+8} CMD 24 Paladin 8 (Shining Knight) Smite evil 3/3 - Lay on hands 6/7

Justin posted a full attack for round 1, but Ingrid posted she was moving to B7, the only square this could have happened from, so instead I posted the move and save Rohara action. As you can move through friendly creatures, Justin posted a move past Arakess to C5 (C8-C7-C6-C5). It would be much easier to drag someone moving in one direction rather than up and back. He wanted to drag her to B6-B5-B4 to free up B5 for himself (I didn't know how far I could move her).

If round 1 action was lost to poor coordination, I understand. Second will save 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3.

Status = 12/13hp, -2 to 'everything' :-)

351 to 400 of 6,005 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Blood's Age Of Worms (Group 2) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.