Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

GM Blood's Age of Worms in Golarion #2

Game Master David James Olsen

Group 2 Map
Loot spreadsheet


301 to 350 of 5,971 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>

Female Dwarf Witch/8 - (HP: 57/74; AC 16; FF 14; Touch 16; Fort +6/8; Ref +5/+7; Will +8/+10; Init +2; Per +11/+13

Aarakess looks at the others and shrugs. My link went dead. This probably just means that there is no passage between me an her. I guess we just wait. Anyone have any games or stories they want to tell while we are waiting. I am guessing that if we do anything like move the sarcophagus, Ingrid will be less than pleased.

I am starting to feel sorry for our cleric. We are up to 103 posts in the last 36 hours since she last posted.


Ingrid:

As you exit the chamber, the doors immediately close and the chamber disappears into the ceiling. You feel a slight breeze as it moves up. The ceiling is sealed up and you can barely tell where it went up.

You also see what appears to be a button of some sort near where the metal chamber landed.

The stone block is roughly 10 feet wise by 8 feet tall by 2 feet deep. It nearly seals of the passage to the West. North is to the left on the map. Al large niche about the same size as the block opens up into the celing above it. There is a layer of dust over everything in the room.

A moment after Ingrid leaves and the chamber disappears, it again reappears. The doors open but inside the chamber is empty with no sign of her at all.


Female Dwarf Witch/8 - (HP: 57/74; AC 16; FF 14; Touch 16; Fort +6/8; Ref +5/+7; Will +8/+10; Init +2; Per +11/+13

As the chamber reappears without our archeologist: Well, does anyone else want to go in? Either we are all committing suicide, or she is alone down there.

Sense Motive 12:

As Aarakess looks at her companions, you can tell that she is not comfortable being the next guinea pig.


Female HP: 36/36, AC:16 / T12 / F14 CMD:15 Fort:2,Ref:6,Will:6 Aasimar Bard 4

Ingrid presses the button.


Ingrid please spoiler your posts while separated from the party

While the group upstairs is making a decision on who is going next IF anyone is going next, the chamber doors close and it disappears into the floor again.

Ingrid:
As you push the chamber once again lowers itself and the doors open


{HP 74/74 | AC18/FF14/T14/CMD21 | F+9/R+11/W+3 | Inish +4, Per +11}

"Um, I don't wanna get disintegrated too, but uh, someone has to, right? Hehe." Dryn'taka cautiously approaches the chamber, keeping an eye out for any odd signs, like a pile of plane-touched dust on the floor.


As Dryn'taka approaches it recedes back into the floor suddenly.


Female Dwarf Witch/8 - (HP: 57/74; AC 16; FF 14; Touch 16; Fort +6/8; Ref +5/+7; Will +8/+10; Init +2; Per +11/+13

Oops too late. It seems to have already disappeared. Lets see what returns with it. My bet is our archeologist, but with all her body parts rearranged. That is what happens in strange dungeons isn't it?

Perform(comedy-untrained): 1d20 ⇒ 14


HP70 of 82 - AC 24 (T 13, FF 21) - F +8, R +5, W +11

(( Well I am getting a few posts in here and there. Just a much faster pace of a game then most PBPs. I get home in the morning and there is a half dozen posts. Get some sleep and and come back and there are 2 dozen more posts... I'm keeping up. Just keep in mind that there are others playing too is all I ask. ))

"Well that does not seem like a good sign." she says as Ingid disappears. "I wonder if it would help anything if we turned the sarcophagus one way and then back the other would get her out."

"We should check out the area before doing anything else first." Rohara moves forward so that her light brightens up things to see if there is anything to be seen from where Ingrid went missing. "Perhaps listen on the ground where that chamber went?"


{HP 74/74 | AC18/FF14/T14/CMD21 | F+9/R+11/W+3 | Inish +4, Per +11}

"That could be neat! Or, like, with more limbs, maybe from people who came before. Or two heads!!" Dryn remarks, far too excited about the prospect, though still nervous.


Female Dwarf Witch/8 - (HP: 57/74; AC 16; FF 14; Touch 16; Fort +6/8; Ref +5/+7; Will +8/+10; Init +2; Per +11/+13
Dryn'taka Devilschild wrote:
"That could be neat! Or, like, with more limbs, maybe from people who came before. Or two heads!!" Dryn remarks, far too excited about the prospect, though still nervous.

Rofl - I forgot we had a tiefling alchemist. The one race and class which would think that adding and moving limbs is cool. Now all we need is for you to start worshipping Lamashtu.

.
I have also been known to throw in the occasional Sarcasm skill check when I thought it was appropriate.


Female HP: 36/36, AC:16 / T12 / F14 CMD:15 Fort:2,Ref:6,Will:6 Aasimar Bard 4

GM:
She gets back into the chamber


Moments later the metal chamber re-appears and when the doors open, Ingrid is inside. It appears that all of her limbs are in the right place and she has the correct number of them.


{HP 74/74 | AC18/FF14/T14/CMD21 | F+9/R+11/W+3 | Inish +4, Per +11}
Aarakess Halcorn wrote:
Dryn'taka Devilschild wrote:
"That could be neat! Or, like, with more limbs, maybe from people who came before. Or two heads!!" Dryn remarks, far too excited about the prospect, though still nervous.

Rofl - I forgot we had a tiefling alchemist. The one race and class which would think that adding and moving limbs is cool. Now all we need is for you to start worshipping Lamashtu.

.
I have also been known to throw in the occasional Sarcasm skill check when I thought it was appropriate.

What's that, can't climb? Well, let's see what we can do for you! We'll start off with replacing your bones with a birds. They're hollow after all, and the reduced weight will make it easier to pull yourself up. Which you'll need since we'll have to reduce your muscle mass so you don't crush them as well. Oh, and we'll put in some feelers or whatever they're called insects have that lets them climb. Some giant claws on your feet for better tractions. And to top it off, an extra long tongue with some little probes on them to help you like an extra limb. Wait, how do you feel about extra arms?


{HP 74/74 | AC18/FF14/T14/CMD21 | F+9/R+11/W+3 | Inish +4, Per +11}

Dryn runs up to Ingrid and gives her a hug. "Oh, I'm glad you didn't get disintegrated, even if it would have been neat if you had two heads!"


HP70 of 82 - AC 24 (T 13, FF 21) - F +8, R +5, W +11

"Ingrid... it is good to see that you are well. What happened?" she asks happy to see the aasimar no worse for wear.


Female Dwarf Witch/8 - (HP: 57/74; AC 16; FF 14; Touch 16; Fort +6/8; Ref +5/+7; Will +8/+10; Init +2; Per +11/+13
Dryn'taka Devilschild wrote:
Aarakess Halcorn wrote:
Dryn'taka Devilschild wrote:
"That could be neat! Or, like, with more limbs, maybe from people who came before. Or two heads!!" Dryn remarks, far too excited about the prospect, though still nervous.

Rofl - I forgot we had a tiefling alchemist. The one race and class which would think that adding and moving limbs is cool. Now all we need is for you to start worshipping Lamashtu.

.
I have also been known to throw in the occasional Sarcasm skill check when I thought it was appropriate.
What's that, can't climb? Well, let's see what we can do for you! We'll start off with replacing your bones with a birds. They're hollow after all, and the reduced weight will make it easier to pull yourself up. Which you'll need since we'll have to reduce your muscle mass so you don't crush them as well. Oh, and we'll put in some feelers or whatever they're called insects have that lets them climb. Some giant claws on your feet for better tractions. And to top it off, an extra long tongue with some little probes on them to help you like an extra limb. Wait, how do you feel about extra arms?

The best way to be safe when climbing is to take one level as an Air Elementalist. Their power is unlimited use of Feather Fall (Levitate @ level 5, Fly @ 10). With just 1 level, you never have to worry about falling. Although all the pincers and feelers and wings and horns and a breath weapon would be cool too.

Welcome back. Anything interesting down there?


Female HP: 36/36, AC:16 / T12 / F14 CMD:15 Fort:2,Ref:6,Will:6 Aasimar Bard 4

"It looks as if it's a transport device,
and it goes to another level with another set of rooms"


Female Dwarf Witch/8 - (HP: 57/74; AC 16; FF 14; Touch 16; Fort +6/8; Ref +5/+7; Will +8/+10; Init +2; Per +11/+13

Did it look as though all the alcoves lead to the same place? Or do you think that there might be different sub-dungeons for each alcove?


Lizardman hp=86/86(AC24/ff24/t11) {F=+11/R=+5/W=+8} CMD 24 Paladin 8 (Shining Knight) Smite evil 3/3 - Lay on hands 6/7

"Shall we go down one at a time and explore, or try another color?"

One head should be plenty enough for anyone.


{HP 74/74 | AC18/FF14/T14/CMD21 | F+9/R+11/W+3 | Inish +4, Per +11}

"I'll go down this time, it looked fun!" If no one stops her, Dryn'taka will go into the chamber next.


Lizardman hp=86/86(AC24/ff24/t11) {F=+11/R=+5/W=+8} CMD 24 Paladin 8 (Shining Knight) Smite evil 3/3 - Lay on hands 6/7

"I am a little concerned exploring with the corresponding lamp unlit could have bad consequences."
Justin looks at the unlit yellow lamp.


{HP 74/74 | AC18/FF14/T14/CMD21 | F+9/R+11/W+3 | Inish +4, Per +11}

"Okay, good point. Can't we just take the never-goes-out torch from the green one and put it in there? Or do we want to go back to town and get some more torches. We're gonna have to do it anyway, I guess." While speaking, Dryn'taka keeps looking at the metal chamber, obviously wanting to go down.


Female Dwarf Witch/8 - (HP: 57/74; AC 16; FF 14; Touch 16; Fort +6/8; Ref +5/+7; Will +8/+10; Init +2; Per +11/+13

My guess is that the respective lamps were hidden in each sub-tunnel. We probably should be going into the red alcove, but if the gals want to start in yellow, that is fine with me. Why doesn't Justing or Kilthan head down next in case something decides to visit. Then I can follow together with the rest of the group.

I think that the lighting causes the trap above the blue alcove to stop. With two lamps lit, there was a 5 color rainbow. We need to find the red lantern and then light all of them to check this theory though.


Female HP: 36/36, AC:16 / T12 / F14 CMD:15 Fort:2,Ref:6,Will:6 Aasimar Bard 4

"For some reason my women's intuition is telling me that the red alchove has no secrets, and that yellow has the clues we'll need."


Lizardman hp=86/86(AC24/ff24/t11) {F=+11/R=+5/W=+8} CMD 24 Paladin 8 (Shining Knight) Smite evil 3/3 - Lay on hands 6/7

Justin will boost Kilthan to get the everburning torch and move it to the yellow lantern.

"Ok, let's go exploring yellow. You don't think if someone comes along and moves the switch we are stuck till someone moves it back do you?"


{HP 74/74 | AC18/FF14/T14/CMD21 | F+9/R+11/W+3 | Inish +4, Per +11}

Dryn'taka turns to look at the arrow, a nervous look on her face. "Okay, now you're scaring me abit, talking like that. I mean, who would even come in here to turn it, right? Everyone's a-scared of here."

Lost in thought while the torch is removed, she suddenly pipes up. "Wait, let's test it! Someone goes down, we move it and see if they can come back up!"


Typed out post delayed until decision is made on next step. Send one down and turn arrow? Everyone go down and explore? Someone stay up top just in case?


Lizardman hp=86/86(AC24/ff24/t11) {F=+11/R=+5/W=+8} CMD 24 Paladin 8 (Shining Knight) Smite evil 3/3 - Lay on hands 6/7

"I think we all can go. Just mentioning that it may be a risk. Dryn, I think you wanted to be first."


{HP 74/74 | AC18/FF14/T14/CMD21 | F+9/R+11/W+3 | Inish +4, Per +11}

Dryn'taka looks at the machine, a slight look of trepidation on her face at the prospect of unknown dangers and getting stuck, but quickly replaces it. "Aw, to heck with worries. Up-n-down machine, here I come!" And with that Dryn'taka marches into the metal chamber. "So how do I activate it?"


Female HP: 36/36, AC:16 / T12 / F14 CMD:15 Fort:2,Ref:6,Will:6 Aasimar Bard 4

"Just step inside and it automatically goes."


{HP 74/74 | AC18/FF14/T14/CMD21 | F+9/R+11/W+3 | Inish +4, Per +11}

"Ok, here goes nothing!" She steps inside.


Female Dwarf Witch/8 - (HP: 57/74; AC 16; FF 14; Touch 16; Fort +6/8; Ref +5/+7; Will +8/+10; Init +2; Per +11/+13

Onward and downward. You were able to go down and back up. And it is apparent that nobody but us and the wolves have been here in years. I think that we should all be able to go down. I think Kilthan or Justin second so that we have a strong sword if there is something there. Then the rest of us.


The lanterns can be reached from the ground

After about 10 minutes the howling wind from above the blue alcove stops.

You remove the everburning torch from the lantern and place in into the yellow one. Other than a change in the patterns up above on the ceiling, nothing else happens.

Map of Room Below

Note North is to the left

Quote:

The walls here are covered in bas-relief images similar to the slender figure upon the sarcophagus lid in the chamber above. Nearly a dozen androgynous, hairless humanoids stand in poses of deference almost as if they are paying homage to the viewer.

About fifteen feet to the south, a dark passage extends from an elaborately carved arch. Only a little of this hallway is visible, however, as a large stone block obscures most of the passage.

As you exit the chamber, the doors immediately close and the chamber disappears into the ceiling. You feel a slight breeze as it moves up. The ceiling is sealed up and you can barely tell where it went up.

You also see what appears to be a button of some sort near where the metal chamber landed. Ingrid told you it brought back the metal chamber

The stone block is roughly 10 feet wise by 8 feet tall by 2 feet deep. It nearly seals of the passage to the West. North is to the left on the map. Al large niche about the same size as the block opens up into the celing above it. There is a layer of dust over everything in the room, some of it disturbed probably by Ingrid when she was down here.

This is for everyone as they come down


Lizardman hp=86/86(AC24/ff24/t11) {F=+11/R=+5/W=+8} CMD 24 Paladin 8 (Shining Knight) Smite evil 3/3 - Lay on hands 6/7

"Well, Kilthan, looks like scouting time."

Justin concentrates for evil auras looking at each wall in turn.


Female Dwarf Witch/8 - (HP: 57/74; AC 16; FF 14; Touch 16; Fort +6/8; Ref +5/+7; Will +8/+10; Init +2; Per +11/+13

Hmmm, another puzzle. How do you all think we get the stone back into the ceiling? It appears as though it is a trap that has been set off. It appears as though this blocked passage leads west away from the center of the set of alcoves above.

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23


Lizardman hp=86/86(AC24/ff24/t11) {F=+11/R=+5/W=+8} CMD 24 Paladin 8 (Shining Knight) Smite evil 3/3 - Lay on hands 6/7

"I am sure some clue is covered in dust."

Justin begins and extensive dusting of the room.


Female HP: 36/36, AC:16 / T12 / F14 CMD:15 Fort:2,Ref:6,Will:6 Aasimar Bard 4

[ooc]I'll take 20 to any find traps or secret doors.[ooc]

Perception: 20 + 11 = 31

"I'll check if any secret doors are around or traps for that matter."


As you search around its clear no one has been in this section for quite a long time before Ingrid came down. A search doesn't reveal any secrets. You do however climb on top of the rock while searching and notice that there is a slight gap between the rock and hallway entrance. While it might be possible for the right person to squeeze though the opening, it does afford you an excellent view of the hallway.

Map seen with Darkvision

Quote:
Curious carvings that seem to represent a stirring tempest cover the walls of this ten foot wide passage. At 10-foot intervals, small alcoves flank the passage, and each alcove contains an androgynous humanoid statue with cupped hands. The figures stand roughly seven feet tall.

While you think it may be impossible for everyone to fit through the opening, you think it may be possible to push the large stone north with enough help. (Up to three at a time could push)


Female Dwarf Witch/8 - (HP: 57/74; AC 16; FF 14; Touch 16; Fort +6/8; Ref +5/+7; Will +8/+10; Init +2; Per +11/+13

Dryn, Rohara and I could probably fit through there, not sure about the rest of you. Any of you muscle types think you could get this to move. I doubt I will be much help pushing and lifting things. I suppose if I were to slide through, I could push from the other side if that would help.


In an meta sense to give you how hard it would be to slip through, Escape Artist check DC 25


Male Half-Elven Ranger (Infiltrator): 8
Status:
(HP: 94/94; AC: 22(24)/14/20(22); CMD: 24; Fort +9, Ref: +8, Will: +4 [+6])

Kilthan looks carefully at the sliding stonework, assessing it, and then shrugs, "I've seen better... Anyhow, yes, I imagine we can start sliding it... maybe enough to get others through more easily."


Female HP: 36/36, AC:16 / T12 / F14 CMD:15 Fort:2,Ref:6,Will:6 Aasimar Bard 4

Any traps?


Searching the room for traps you do not find any


Female HP: 36/36, AC:16 / T12 / F14 CMD:15 Fort:2,Ref:6,Will:6 Aasimar Bard 4

Ingrid checks the stone blocking the way to the other room for traps to see if it can be safely moved
Takes 20 -> 31


HP70 of 82 - AC 24 (T 13, FF 21) - F +8, R +5, W +11

"I can help one of those wishing to attempting to push this large stone out of the way with some of Desna's luck." Rohara says looking confidentiality at the elf and lizardman.

((Whomever of those two wishes it, a Bit of Luck (for the next round, any time the target rolls a d20, he may roll twice and take the more favorable result) can be there before they roll their attempt.


The block of stone does not seem to be a trap (It may have at one time when in the niche above) nor is there anything connected to the stone that you can tell.


Female Dwarf Witch/8 - (HP: 57/74; AC 16; FF 14; Touch 16; Fort +6/8; Ref +5/+7; Will +8/+10; Init +2; Per +11/+13

I cast guidance on whoever is the weakest trying to move the stone block.


Female HP: 36/36, AC:16 / T12 / F14 CMD:15 Fort:2,Ref:6,Will:6 Aasimar Bard 4

so no wires or pressure plates, good.

Top 3 in strength is Justin, Kilthan, and Ingrid.

"Let's move this stone carefully."


I'll take a Strength check each from Justin, Kilthan and Ingrid (or whomever the third will be). I'll take the top result and add 4 to it.

Definitely no wires, but since this is a 5'x10' block of stone there could be a pressure plate underneath that you can't see. Someone that isn't pushing the stone can make perception checks while the stone is moving if you are concerned about it. 5 Checks, 1 for each foot of movement

301 to 350 of 5,971 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Blood's Age Of Worms (Group 2) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.