Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


GM Blood's Age of Worms in Golarion #2

Game Master David James Olsen

Group 2 Map
Loot spreadsheet


251 to 300 of 6,279 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>

Lizardman hp=83/86(AC24/ff24/t11) {F=+11/R=+5/W=+8} CMD 24 Paladin 8 (Shining Knight) Smite evil 0/3 - Lay on hands 5/7

Justin will try and see if he can throw the grappling hook up near the top of the chain and hook something solidly. "Kilthan maybe you shuck the armor and get ready to climb? I don't know if this will work."
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24


Female HP: 36/36, AC:16 / T12 / F14 CMD:15 Fort:2,Ref:6,Will:6 Aasimar Bard 4

Climb again: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17

"Up I go."


Ingrid is 12' up the chain


Female HP: 36/36, AC:16 / T12 / F14 CMD:15 Fort:2,Ref:6,Will:6 Aasimar Bard 4

So how many checks do I need?


Female HP: 36/36, AC:16 / T12 / F14 CMD:15 Fort:2,Ref:6,Will:6 Aasimar Bard 4

Climb again: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22

So going to put a rank into climb at level up.


You are now 20 feet up, 4 checks to go


Female HP: 36/36, AC:16 / T12 / F14 CMD:15 Fort:2,Ref:6,Will:6 Aasimar Bard 4

1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12

So no progress here,
breaking up the rolls a bit


Female HP: 36/36, AC:16 / T12 / F14 CMD:15 Fort:2,Ref:6,Will:6 Aasimar Bard 4

1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9

Up and stop.


Female HP: 36/36, AC:16 / T12 / F14 CMD:15 Fort:2,Ref:6,Will:6 Aasimar Bard 4

1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17

Stop and up.


Female HP: 36/36, AC:16 / T12 / F14 CMD:15 Fort:2,Ref:6,Will:6 Aasimar Bard 4

1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18

Up and Up


Ingrid You fell with the 9 so that is an almost 30' drop for

3d6 ⇒ (2, 5, 6) = 13 Damage - Acrobatics DC 15 to reduce to 7 Damage

You can choose to keep the three rolls and be halfway up or let someone else climb. Take 10 can be used if you have at least 5 in climb


Female HP: 36/36, AC:16 / T12 / F14 CMD:15 Fort:2,Ref:6,Will:6 Aasimar Bard 4

So make DC15 and be at 1 HP, or -7 HP

Anyone prepared to catch me?


Vitals (Kilthan):
(HP: 94/94; AC: 22(24)/14/20(22); CMD: 24; Fort +9, Ref: +8, Will: +4 [+6])
Male Half-Elven Ranger (Infiltrator): 8
Vitals (Jagdbach):
(HP: 70/70 (91/91); AC: 23(21)/13(11)/20(18); CMD: 20 (22) {24 (26) trip}; Fort +8(+10), Ref: +8, Will: +3(+5); {+4 v. enchantments})

Kilthan steps forward and says, "I've a mite more experience at such things. Allow me?"

Takes 10 on Climb -> 10+5 -> 15


Female HP: 36/36, AC:16 / T12 / F14 CMD:15 Fort:2,Ref:6,Will:6 Aasimar Bard 4

You're not trying to be a gentleman and catch the girl....


Taking Justin's grappling hook and rope, Kilthan scurries up the rope with little issue. At the top of the chain you can see a passageway but you are at the edge of the light so you can't see much more then the edge without more light.


Female HP: 36/36, AC:16 / T12 / F14 CMD:15 Fort:2,Ref:6,Will:6 Aasimar Bard 4

No one wants to catch the archaeologist?


Vitals (Kilthan):
(HP: 94/94; AC: 22(24)/14/20(22); CMD: 24; Fort +9, Ref: +8, Will: +4 [+6])
Male Half-Elven Ranger (Infiltrator): 8
Vitals (Jagdbach):
(HP: 70/70 (91/91); AC: 23(21)/13(11)/20(18); CMD: 20 (22) {24 (26) trip}; Fort +8(+10), Ref: +8, Will: +3(+5); {+4 v. enchantments})

Sorry, I was ninja'ed. Didn't notice the falling. I would, certainly, attempt to catch the pretty girl. What's the roll for that? I can't aid another with acrobatics, I don't think?

Also, @GM -> That's even with my low-light?


Female Dwarf Witch/8 - (HP: 66/74; AC 16; FF 14; Touch 16; Fort +6/8; Ref +5/+7; Will +8/+10; Init +2; Per +11/+13

Seeing the archeologist demonstrate how the skeleton in the blue alcove likely ended up crushed, I quickly go to her and use my healing hex.

Healing Hex - CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9

Hope you are feeling better. We need to think before we act a little more if we all want to walk out of here. Had you fallen from a little higher, you might not have been so lucky.

After watching Kilthan scamper up the chain: Nice work with the climb. What do you see up there?


I will allow Ingrid an acrobatics to help cushion the fall as I stated above. She can have a +2 by you helping to cushion her fall.

The light of the torch from below is 20'/40'dim. I was thinking low-light just gave an extra 20', but looking it doubles the range so its low-light up above.

Letting his eyes adjust, Kilthan peers down the hallway. A thin passageway extends into the shadows to the northeast. This goes past the light which would be about 20' or so


Female HP: 36/36, AC:16 / T12 / F14 CMD:15 Fort:2,Ref:6,Will:6 Aasimar Bard 4

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 6 + 2 = 22

Save against "suspension theory" in 100%, lower than 25% is total fail, 25%->50% is partial fail, 50%->65% is a minor fail, rest is pass
1d100 ⇒ 55

after the catch, she looks into Kilthan's eyes and with a very slight, nearly non-existant, blush.
"Thank you Kilthan."


Vitals (Kilthan):
(HP: 94/94; AC: 22(24)/14/20(22); CMD: 24; Fort +9, Ref: +8, Will: +4 [+6])
Male Half-Elven Ranger (Infiltrator): 8
Vitals (Jagdbach):
(HP: 70/70 (91/91); AC: 23(21)/13(11)/20(18); CMD: 20 (22) {24 (26) trip}; Fort +8(+10), Ref: +8, Will: +3(+5); {+4 v. enchantments})

Ok, well, Kilthan would try to catch her, so +2 on her roll...

Kilthan smiles and says, "It wouldn't do to let you dash that pretty face against these rocks.", then gently helps Ingrid to her feet before taking breath and climbing up the alcove.

Kilthan looks as far as he can in the dim light, trying to ensure that there's nothing waiting to leap out at him if he lowers his guard a moment, Orc piss! Those stone-eating wolves still have me jumpy...

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13

He then calls down to the people below, "Can anyone spare a light spell? It's darker than a Duergar's heart up here."

Edits. Wow, am I getting ninjaed this morning!


Female HP: 36/36, AC:16 / T12 / F14 CMD:15 Fort:2,Ref:6,Will:6 Aasimar Bard 4

"I can."

she try's to find a stone on the ground and casts light on it, and then throws it up to Kilthan.

"Here you go, one light spell."


Ingrid takes 7 from the fall then is healed up 9 from Aarakess.

Quote:
Perhaps seventy feet away, the passage ends in what looks like an enormous stone human face, its mouth open in an angry scream. The physiology of the face is identical to that of the near-human sexless figure upon the sarcophagus below. The screaming visage takes up the entire 20' by 20' wall at the end of the corridor.


Vitals (Kilthan):
(HP: 94/94; AC: 22(24)/14/20(22); CMD: 24; Fort +9, Ref: +8, Will: +4 [+6])
Male Half-Elven Ranger (Infiltrator): 8
Vitals (Jagdbach):
(HP: 70/70 (91/91); AC: 23(21)/13(11)/20(18); CMD: 20 (22) {24 (26) trip}; Fort +8(+10), Ref: +8, Will: +3(+5); {+4 v. enchantments})

Kilthan calls down to describe what he's seeing, "This passage ends in a face like the one on the sarcophagus, though this one appears to be screaming angrily. It's massive. I'm going to go take a closer look."

With that, he proceeds down the corridor, stopping just short of the face so that he can examine it in full light.

Perception (studying the face, especially the open mouth, carefully not touching it) -> Take 20 -> 27


Female Dwarf Witch/8 - (HP: 66/74; AC 16; FF 14; Touch 16; Fort +6/8; Ref +5/+7; Will +8/+10; Init +2; Per +11/+13

Kilthan, drop a rope so that we can climb up. You should not be up there alone, who know what traps might be there and you have no backup or healing. Ingrid almost died trying that climb and we need your help to get up there.


As Kilthan gets within 10' of the face, it animates and a terrible wind erupts from its wailing mouth. At the same time, the face's eyes spin with an hypnotic pattern that includes all the colors of the rainbow. Kithan notices green and indigo missing from the rainbow colors

Kilthan please roll a will save


Vitals (Kilthan):
(HP: 94/94; AC: 22(24)/14/20(22); CMD: 24; Fort +9, Ref: +8, Will: +4 [+6])
Male Half-Elven Ranger (Infiltrator): 8
Vitals (Jagdbach):
(HP: 70/70 (91/91); AC: 23(21)/13(11)/20(18); CMD: 20 (22) {24 (26) trip}; Fort +8(+10), Ref: +8, Will: +3(+5); {+4 v. enchantments})

Will Save: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16 (add 2 if enchantment due to elven immunities)


Kilthan The eyes are quite mesmerizing, and you find yourself staring at them, but you snap out of it. The wind coming out of its mouth seems to be getting stronger. What will you do now?


Vitals (Kilthan):
(HP: 94/94; AC: 22(24)/14/20(22); CMD: 24; Fort +9, Ref: +8, Will: +4 [+6])
Male Half-Elven Ranger (Infiltrator): 8
Vitals (Jagdbach):
(HP: 70/70 (91/91); AC: 23(21)/13(11)/20(18); CMD: 20 (22) {24 (26) trip}; Fort +8(+10), Ref: +8, Will: +3(+5); {+4 v. enchantments})

Kilthan walks quickly back to the ledge to lower the rope, frequently looking back up at the face to make sure nothing's changed as he finds a good place to hook the grapnel.

"You'd best hurry. There's wind coming from the thing's mouth, and its eyes are now shimmering with colours -- though not green or indigo."


Female Dwarf Witch/8 - (HP: 66/74; AC 16; FF 14; Touch 16; Fort +6/8; Ref +5/+7; Will +8/+10; Init +2; Per +11/+13

Not green or indigo? Strange.

Is the indigo lamp still lit?


Kilthan as you walk back to the edge, the wind has continued to pick up. Its as strong as a very bad storm now, but not enough to push you (yet). It does seem like it is continuing to get stronger.

Aarakess Yes the indigo lamp is still lit


Female Dwarf Witch/8 - (HP: 66/74; AC 16; FF 14; Touch 16; Fort +6/8; Ref +5/+7; Will +8/+10; Init +2; Per +11/+13

Kilthan says that there are two colors missing from the face, and we have two lamps lit. If we light the other 4, that only leaves red. Perhaps the red is hidden beneath the alcove.

Yelling: Kilthan, get down from there, that wind is starting to sound dangerous.

To the group once Kilthan is down. Lets try to turn the sarcophagus so that it is pointing at the red alcove. I wonder whether the lamp light be hidden in that compartment that rose in the yellow alcove.


Female HP: 36/36, AC:16 / T12 / F14 CMD:15 Fort:2,Ref:6,Will:6 Aasimar Bard 4

"I believe we should not turn the sarcophagus yet,
and instead investigate the Yellow Alcove.
If the sarcophagus is a switch, it may only open one alcove's secrets at a time."


{HP 74/74 | AC18/FF14/T14/CMD21 | F+9/R+11/W+3 | Inish +4, Per +11}

"Do you think the lamp is needed? Couldn't we, I dunno, try one of those light spells, see if that works instead of a torch? And if it does, just try lighting the bottom of a chain?"


HP 82 of 82 - AC 24 (T 13, FF 21) - F +8, R +5, W +11

"A simple light spells is doubtful to work... You would need the color which the colored glass provides. Only one casting of the light spell from a caster can be in effect as well. There might be another spell that might make different colors, I am not sure how effective that is." The woman says to Dryn.

She suggests, "Maybe if we had other lanterns and colored the glass with something that makes the color we need.... might work. Or we might continue looking at other avenues and hope to find a lantern that is missing."

She nods to Ingrid, "Lets see what we have then. And perhaps using a knotted rope on the grapple might make a climb easier, should we have to do it again."


Vitals (Kilthan):
(HP: 94/94; AC: 22(24)/14/20(22); CMD: 24; Fort +9, Ref: +8, Will: +4 [+6])
Male Half-Elven Ranger (Infiltrator): 8
Vitals (Jagdbach):
(HP: 70/70 (91/91); AC: 23(21)/13(11)/20(18); CMD: 20 (22) {24 (26) trip}; Fort +8(+10), Ref: +8, Will: +3(+5); {+4 v. enchantments})

Rather than be pushed off the edge by the growing wind, Kilthan unhooks the rope and shimmies down the chain.

"The wind grows worse.. I'm wondering what's to come out of there -- unless it's trying to blow out the light?"


Female Dwarf Witch/8 - (HP: 66/74; AC 16; FF 14; Touch 16; Fort +6/8; Ref +5/+7; Will +8/+10; Init +2; Per +11/+13

We can investigate the yellow alcove. But, it is the red that we are missing. I was wondering whether if we pointed the sarcophagus at the red alcove, we might find the red lantern hidden within.


As Kilthan scrambles down the rope he can feel the wind howling harding than he ever has in his life. He is sure he he had stayed up there he would have been blown off the ledge.

Talking about the light spell, you are pretty sure you could use a light spell in place of a torch inside, but not in lieu of the lantern. In any case you won't be going back up into that hallway until the wind stops.


Lizardman hp=83/86(AC24/ff24/t11) {F=+11/R=+5/W=+8} CMD 24 Paladin 8 (Shining Knight) Smite evil 0/3 - Lay on hands 5/7

One can miss much in a short time.

Justin moves to catch Ingrid, but Kilthan has much quicker reflexes, Justin manages to avoid interfering with Kilthan and stops short.

"I agree, the first place to look for the missing red lamp is the red alcove. I would be curious to see if there is anything to investigate in the red alcove without a lamp of any sort hanging from the chain."

"We ready to turn the sarcophagus again?"


Female HP: 36/36, AC:16 / T12 / F14 CMD:15 Fort:2,Ref:6,Will:6 Aasimar Bard 4

"I say we don't touch the sarcophagus and investigate the Yellow alcove while it's still active,
and who knows it might get us the red Lantern."


As a refresher, the arrow is currently pointing to the yellow alcove. When it was moved there a small metal chamber appeared from below the floor. It would fit one medium sized creature or two small sized creatures. It is currently empty of anything.


Lizardman hp=83/86(AC24/ff24/t11) {F=+11/R=+5/W=+8} CMD 24 Paladin 8 (Shining Knight) Smite evil 0/3 - Lay on hands 5/7

"I think it is empty. Red anyone? Eliminating possibilities is valuable too."


Female HP: 36/36, AC:16 / T12 / F14 CMD:15 Fort:2,Ref:6,Will:6 Aasimar Bard 4

"Let's investigate, not looks at a distance.
as Appearances can be deceiving."

she walks into the alchove and gets into the small metal chamber.


{HP 74/74 | AC18/FF14/T14/CMD21 | F+9/R+11/W+3 | Inish +4, Per +11}

"I, uh, I hope you know what you're doing. Want us to turn this thing while you're in there?"


Female Dwarf Witch/8 - (HP: 66/74; AC 16; FF 14; Touch 16; Fort +6/8; Ref +5/+7; Will +8/+10; Init +2; Per +11/+13

Hold on, let me at least cast one spell so that we can communicate.

I cast Message - if there is any open path between us that is less than 110 feet, I should still be able to communicate with Ingrid. Spell lasts 10 minutes.

I hope you are right about this. Remember, no matter what, we are not going to all be able to follow you as someone will have to move the sarcophagus to make the chamber drop.

The chamber begins to descend, then there is a sudden yell heard followed by DM Blood advising Ingrid that it is now time for another character.


Female HP: 36/36, AC:16 / T12 / F14 CMD:15 Fort:2,Ref:6,Will:6 Aasimar Bard 4

"Don't touch the sarcophagus, unless I message you.
telling you to move it."


You cast message and then Ingrid goes into the chamber and immediately the doors close and the metal chamber recedes back into the floor leaving only the stone circle.

As soon as that "clicks" back in place you lose communication with her. Whether that is from the stone or something worse you do not know

Ingrid:

You have the sense of moving down for a few moments and then when it stops, the doors open back up.

Map
The metal chamber you are in is in the upper curved portion of the room.

Quote:

The walls here are covered in bas-relief images similar to the slender figure upon the sarcophagus lid in the chamber above. Nearly a dozen androgynous, hairless humanoids stand in poses of deference almost as if they are paying homage to the viewer.

About fifteen feet to the south, a dark passage extends from an elaborately carved arch. Only a little of this hallway is visible, however, as a large stone block obscures most of the passage.

You are currently in the metal chamber looking out into the room. The message spell does not seem to work


Female HP: 36/36, AC:16 / T12 / F14 CMD:15 Fort:2,Ref:6,Will:6 Aasimar Bard 4

she checks out the room
taking 20
Perception: 20 + 11 = 31


Ingrid:
In spoiler please since you are cut off from the rest

By checking out the room I assume you mean leaving the chamber and thoroughly searching?


Female HP: 36/36, AC:16 / T12 / F14 CMD:15 Fort:2,Ref:6,Will:6 Aasimar Bard 4

yep

251 to 300 of 6,279 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Blood's Age Of Worms (Group 2) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.