Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

GM Blood's Age of Worms in Golarion #2

Game Master David James Olsen

Group 2 Map
Loot spreadsheet


2,651 to 2,700 of 6,027 << first < prev | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | next > last >>

Lizardman hp=78/86(AC24/ff24/t11) {F=+11/R=+5/W=+8} CMD 24 Paladin 8 (Shining Knight) Smite evil 1/3 - Lay on hands 6/7

After being healed, Justin is up for bunkering down. Then getting more cultists tomorrow.


Lizardman hp=78/86(AC24/ff24/t11) {F=+11/R=+5/W=+8} CMD 24 Paladin 8 (Shining Knight) Smite evil 1/3 - Lay on hands 6/7

Justin gives Dryn a big hug, "Chasing down the fleeing evil priest was inspired. Had he gotten away, he may have been able to fully heal and come back at us again at a time of his choosing. Great job."


I believe the lizard can't tell the difference between male and female humans!

So your group spends time cleaning and searching so you have places to rest. You pile the armor up inside the door to alert in case anyone else tries to enter and probably still set watch.

After a good rest period you are ready to face the next set of cultists. The key you found in Theldrick's room had the symbol of Urgathoa on it which is the northern passage in the main chamber down here.

Or you could try and get in the other door leading to the west even if you don't have a key.


Male Half-Elven Ranger (Infiltrator): 8
Status:
(HP: 94/94; AC: 22(24)/14/20(22); CMD: 24; Fort +9, Ref: +8, Will: +4 [+6])

Half-humans at that.


Female Dwarf Witch/8 - (HP: 49/74; AC 16; FF 14; Touch 16; Fort +6/8; Ref +5/+7; Will +8/+10; Init +2; Per +11/+13

Did we get the panel in the main priests room open?


{HP 74/74 | AC18/FF14/T14/CMD21 | F+9/R+11/W+3 | Inish +4, Per +11}
Justin D'Rite aka Sluuth wrote:
Justin gives Dryn a big hug, "Chasing down the fleeing evil priest was inspired. Had he gotten away, he may have been able to fully heal and come back at us again at a time of his choosing. Great job."

Dryn goes positively red as Justin hugs her. "Um, um, um, thank you!" As soon as he release his group, she quickly pulls away and pulls out some chemicals. "Uh, just need to, um, mix some stuff, and stuff."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After rest, I say we go Urgathoa route.


Panel is still closed


HP 36 of 38 AC: 23 (19 Flat-footed / 12 Touch) w/ shield +2 defensive fighting Fort +5 , Ref +3, Will +9

As the group rests Tohall tells the group in greater detail of what has happened to him and why he is here (see Tohall's Background). Near the end he does answer the elven witch's questions, "I only saw that one called the Nameless One. They seem to stay among their own as far as I can tell."

Tohall will attempt to unstring the bows but finds it beyond his strength and will ask for help. With the help of one of the stronger members of the party, Tohall claims all the bow strings unless there is an objection, "You never know when you will need another. It is always best to have extras." All can see that the man carries a dark colored long bow of a very fine make. At his side is a silver mace and cold iron sickle.

Status:
HP: 19/21 remaining
AC: 19 (17 Flat-footed / 12 Touch) w/o shield
In Hand: Darkwood Longbow (Str +1) +5 (1d8+1)
Conditions:
Spells (0-level, DC 14, at will) Create Water, Detect Magic, Light, Guidance;
(1st level, DC 15) Bless, Command, protection from evil(d)
(2nd level, DC 16) Sound Burst, Bull's Strength, Align Weapon(d)
Channel Energy (2d6, DC 13) 3 of 5 remaining
Predator’s Grace 7 of 7 remaining (+10 ft movement, low-light vision for 1 round)
Touch of Good 7 of 7 remaining (+1 sacred bonus to attack rolls, skill checks, ability checks, and saving throws)


Tohall it is the Faceless One that came to visit.


Lizardman hp=78/86(AC24/ff24/t11) {F=+11/R=+5/W=+8} CMD 24 Paladin 8 (Shining Knight) Smite evil 1/3 - Lay on hands 6/7

Justin helps with the bow strings. "We can still sell these bows without the strings, can't we?"

Justin takes Rohara's Desna holy symbol and wears it in addition to his own. "I may have some explaining to do, but I think I can handle it."

"So, do we force the panel? I sure want to know what is in there."


{HP 74/74 | AC18/FF14/T14/CMD21 | F+9/R+11/W+3 | Inish +4, Per +11}

"Now we know the trap's there, let's try again, right Ingrid?"

Perception (aiding Ingrid): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20
Disable Device (think I'm higher bonus here): 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (2) + 11 = 13


Male Half-Elven Ranger (Infiltrator): 8
Status:
(HP: 94/94; AC: 22(24)/14/20(22); CMD: 24; Fort +9, Ref: +8, Will: +4 [+6])

Kilthan nods, "To get the best deal when we sell them, we're best to have strings so the pull can be tested. But bowstrings are generally cheap and plentiful in shops."


HP 36 of 38 AC: 23 (19 Flat-footed / 12 Touch) w/ shield +2 defensive fighting Fort +5 , Ref +3, Will +9

"Not to worry, if I do not need them, you may have them back to sell the weapons. I was merely thinking to be ready for what we may encounter ahead with the other cults." He says to Justin and Kilthan

As the group makes ready in the morning Tohall takes Dryn aside. He seems rather embarrassed but after a few moments starts, "I want to apologize for how I acted when you rescued me. I should have had the mind to listen to what you were saying rather than judge you like the others. I am sorry Dryn." It does seem like it it is taking some effort for the man to continue to look at the tiefling instead of lowering his head in his shame.

Status:
HP: 21/21 remaining
AC: 19 (17 Flat-footed / 12 Touch) w/o shield
In Hand: Darkwood Longbow (Str +1) +5 (1d8+1)
Conditions:
Spells (0-level, DC 14, at will) Create Water, Detect Magic, Light, Guidance;
(1st level, DC 15) Bless, Command, protection from evil(d)
(2nd level, DC 16) Sound Burst, Bull's Strength, Align Weapon(d)
Channel Energy (2d6, DC 13) 5 of 5 remaining
Predator’s Grace 7 of 7 remaining (+10 ft movement, low-light vision for 1 round)
Touch of Good 7 of 7 remaining (+1 sacred bonus to attack rolls, skill checks, ability checks, and saving throws)


Female HP: 36/36, AC:16 / T12 / F14 CMD:15 Fort:2,Ref:6,Will:6 Aasimar Bard 4

"Let's give it another go."

Disable Device: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (15) + 11 = 26
Perception: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (14) + 14 = 28


{HP 74/74 | AC18/FF14/T14/CMD21 | F+9/R+11/W+3 | Inish +4, Per +11}
Tohall of Erastil wrote:

"Not to worry, if I do not need them, you may have them back to sell the weapons. I was merely thinking to be ready for what we may encounter ahead with the other cults." He says to Justin and Kilthan

As the group makes ready in the morning Tohall takes Dryn aside. He seems rather embarrassed but after a few moments starts, "I want to apologize for how I acted when you rescued me. I should have had the mind to listen to what you were saying rather than judge you like the others. I am sorry Dryn." It does seem like it it is taking some effort for the man to continue to look at the tiefling instead of lowering his head in his shame.

Dryn stares at Tohall for a moment before smiling. "Ya think that's the first time I ever heard that? Well, technically, that was the first time I ever heard those exact words in that combination, but definitely worse I've heard. Comes with the pointy teeth and nubby horns. 'sides, you just got the bad end of some meanie tieflings. Friends?" Dryn extends her hand towards the man.


Female Dwarf Witch/8 - (HP: 49/74; AC 16; FF 14; Touch 16; Fort +6/8; Ref +5/+7; Will +8/+10; Init +2; Per +11/+13

Is anyone seriously injured at this point? If not between channel energy and CLW/CMW can I assume that we are all fully healed come morning?


Male Half-Elven Ranger (Infiltrator): 8
Status:
(HP: 94/94; AC: 22(24)/14/20(22); CMD: 24; Fort +9, Ref: +8, Will: +4 [+6])

18 points of channel has Kilthan back up to full.


{HP 74/74 | AC18/FF14/T14/CMD21 | F+9/R+11/W+3 | Inish +4, Per +11}

Dryn's good.


HP 36 of 38 AC: 23 (19 Flat-footed / 12 Touch) w/ shield +2 defensive fighting Fort +5 , Ref +3, Will +9

"Friends," the man says taking the woman's hand. "Thank you for understanding."

He then watches as Dryn and Ingrid do their thing with the panel. He waits with his bow, an arrow notched, for any possible trouble.

Status:
HP: 21/21 remaining
AC: 19 (17 Flat-footed / 12 Touch) w/o shield
In Hand: Darkwood Longbow (Str +1) +5 (1d8+1)
Conditions:
Spells (0-level, DC 14, at will) Create Water, Detect Magic, Light, Guidance;
(1st level, DC 15) Bless, Command, protection from evil(d)
(2nd level, DC 16) Sound Burst, Bull's Strength, Align Weapon(d)
Channel Energy (2d6, DC 13) 5 of 5 remaining
Predator’s Grace 7 of 7 remaining (+10 ft movement, low-light vision for 1 round)
Touch of Good 7 of 7 remaining (+1 sacred bonus to attack rolls, skill checks, ability checks, and saving throws)


You can take a full day's rest to be fully healed and be at full strength going to the next one. Sorry for the delay. been super swamped and I have my home game tonight. I will try and get the next phase going tonight or tomorrow at the latest


OK, quick post to get things moving

You rest up fully and head out to use the key you found on the Urgathoa temple. Heading out to the main area you approach the northern entrance.

A smooth, gray stone corridor stretches about thirty feet ahead before it comes to an intersection. The stonework here is smooth and expertly crafted.

A couple of hallway choices to make, I'll update as much and as soon as I can


Female HP: 36/36, AC:16 / T12 / F14 CMD:15 Fort:2,Ref:6,Will:6 Aasimar Bard 4

"So which way do we go, East, North or West?"


Female Dwarf Witch/8 - (HP: 49/74; AC 16; FF 14; Touch 16; Fort +6/8; Ref +5/+7; Will +8/+10; Init +2; Per +11/+13

Did Ingrid/Dryn find anything in the panel with Ingrid's most recent rolls?


Forgot about that, with a take 20 they found it was still trapped and that needs to be removed before they can open it


Female Dwarf Witch/8 - (HP: 49/74; AC 16; FF 14; Touch 16; Fort +6/8; Ref +5/+7; Will +8/+10; Init +2; Per +11/+13

The 26 Disable Device did not succeed?


Female HP: 36/36, AC:16 / T12 / F14 CMD:15 Fort:2,Ref:6,Will:6 Aasimar Bard 4

Disable Device was 28, my 26, +2 from Dryn aiding.


Oops missed that, I had the skill checks reversed in my head

Inside the secret panel is

a golden chalice worth 250gp
2 silver holy symbols of Zon Kuthon worth 50gp each
A magical pearl (Pearl of power (1st level)
silver dagger with a jeweled hilt worth 150gp


Female Dwarf Witch/8 - (HP: 49/74; AC 16; FF 14; Touch 16; Fort +6/8; Ref +5/+7; Will +8/+10; Init +2; Per +11/+13

I look at the items as they are brought out.

I could use the pearl, but someone else may also be able to use it since I already have one.

When the holy symbols appear.

As much as I like money, I think those should be destroyed. Perhaps we could sell the silver for its metal value. Anything dedicated to such an abhorrent deity as Zon Kuthon should not simply be sold on the open market.

I look to the new Erastilian priest and Justin for support on this.


Lizardman hp=78/86(AC24/ff24/t11) {F=+11/R=+5/W=+8} CMD 24 Paladin 8 (Shining Knight) Smite evil 1/3 - Lay on hands 6/7

"I agree, we melt the holy symbols down even if it costs us some value."

Looking at the pearl, "For now, it makes for many more options to have the pearls split up. And it seems Tohall is the only one who can use it until Kilthan and I get more experienced."

Justin also holds out his hand to Tohall, "The Inheritor and Old Deadeye have no problems working together. I am sure we will be no different. Would it be possible to prepare some protection against evil I know we will be facing? So many evil creatures cast spells at me and tried to hit me, I think it will happen again on the morrow."

Loot from panel added (I'll wait for the melted value of the holy symbols).


HP 36 of 38 AC: 23 (19 Flat-footed / 12 Touch) w/ shield +2 defensive fighting Fort +5 , Ref +3, Will +9

As the pair of women work together to gain access to the panel, with some apparent ease, Tohall calls out, "Well done Ladies."

"Thank you again for the trust you have given me." the man says as he takes the pearl as the treasure part is divided.

He takes the lizardman's hand, "Agreed." Tohall says with a smile. "I will prepare something appropriate."

Status:
HP: 21/21 remaining
AC: 19 (17 Flat-footed / 12 Touch) w/o shield
In Hand: Darkwood Longbow (Str +1) +5 (1d8+1)
Conditions:
Spells (0-level, DC 14, at will) Create Water, Detect Magic, Light, Guidance;
(1st level, DC 15) Bless, bless, protection from evil(d)
(2nd level, DC 16) Protection from Evil (Communal), Bull's Strength, Align Weapon(d)
Channel Energy (2d6, DC 13) 5 of 5 remaining
Predator’s Grace 7 of 7 remaining (+10 ft movement, low-light vision for 1 round)
Touch of Good 7 of 7 remaining (+1 sacred bonus to attack rolls, skill checks, ability checks, and saving throws)


Male Half-Elven Ranger (Infiltrator): 8
Status:
(HP: 94/94; AC: 22(24)/14/20(22); CMD: 24; Fort +9, Ref: +8, Will: +4 [+6])

Kilthan says, "Some of the churches of good have been known to offer bounties on such vile things."

He then stretches himself out to limber his muscles, then asks, "Shall I scout ahead?"


Female Dwarf Witch/8 - (HP: 49/74; AC 16; FF 14; Touch 16; Fort +6/8; Ref +5/+7; Will +8/+10; Init +2; Per +11/+13

Onward.


Lizardman hp=78/86(AC24/ff24/t11) {F=+11/R=+5/W=+8} CMD 24 Paladin 8 (Shining Knight) Smite evil 1/3 - Lay on hands 6/7

Justin carefully cleans his new plate armor. He places Rohara's body in the most comfortable spot in the ZK part of the mine, and begins the day with a prayer.

Armed with three of the greataxes, Justin leaves his greatsword behind. He has been quite impressed with the greataxe as a weapon. He makes sure his wand is close at hand.

He sees Kilthan and Aarakess anxious to press on and joins them. "Right behind you Kilthan. Let's do this one for Rohara."

Testing his greataxe and looking around he quips, "How long do you thing I can fight civilized before I start scratching and biting?"


{HP 74/74 | AC18/FF14/T14/CMD21 | F+9/R+11/W+3 | Inish +4, Per +11}

As everyone is preparing, Dryn remembers the syringe and injections they had found earlier. Removing them from her pack, she carefully selects one of them and injects it into Rohara's body, explaining as she goes. "This will slow the decay of her body, making it take longer for it to breakdown. This way she will still look like Rohara while we finish down here." Dryn's hands shake as she carefully deposit's the contents of the syringe into her lifeless form, a few tears streaming down her face.

Finished, she carefully puts the syringe away and preps her crossbow.

Used the Gentle Repose injection on Rohara.


Male Half-Elven Ranger (Infiltrator): 8
Status:
(HP: 94/94; AC: 22(24)/14/20(22); CMD: 24; Fort +9, Ref: +8, Will: +4 [+6])

Kilthan smiles and says to Justin, "According to the Dwarves, civilized isn't part of battle -- it only pops up when people surrender. However, I really do approve of using an axe in combat."

He pats his own waraxe and, once sure that everyone's ready, heads back toward the room where we entered, stopping to listen at the door, and activating his adaptation.

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 24


Lizardman hp=78/86(AC24/ff24/t11) {F=+11/R=+5/W=+8} CMD 24 Paladin 8 (Shining Knight) Smite evil 1/3 - Lay on hands 6/7

When Kilthan indicates danger, the lizardman waves his wand.
UMD: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (19) + 12 = 31


This may have gotten lost the last time I posted it

Heading out to the main area you approach the northern entrance. The key fits perfectly and opens. Beyond the door is the following

A smooth, gray stone corridor stretches about thirty feet ahead before it comes to an intersection. The stonework here is smooth and expertly crafted.

A couple of hallway choices to make, I revealed some of what can be seen from the cross way


Female Dwarf Witch/8 - (HP: 49/74; AC 16; FF 14; Touch 16; Fort +6/8; Ref +5/+7; Will +8/+10; Init +2; Per +11/+13

You are missing Tohall on the map. Also, is this the correct marching order? I doubt you guys would have left me in the back to get attacked from behind.

Quietly: Pretty fancy stonework here.

What do I know about Urgathoa? - Knowledge(religion): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20


Placed Tohall in Rohara's spot unless there needs to be a marching order change


Lizardman hp=78/86(AC24/ff24/t11) {F=+11/R=+5/W=+8} CMD 24 Paladin 8 (Shining Knight) Smite evil 1/3 - Lay on hands 6/7

Justin motions for a halt and begins to detect evil starting with straight ahead (N) then NW, W, NE, E just trying for a basic detection. He realizes it is unlikely, but nothing ventured...

The spell can penetrate barriers, but 1 foot of stone, 1 inch of common metal, a thin sheet of lead, or 3 feet of wood or dirt blocks it.

Then Justin activates his wand before engaging the bad guys. He feels they are deep enough in the den of evil.


Female Dwarf Witch/8 - (HP: 49/74; AC 16; FF 14; Touch 16; Fort +6/8; Ref +5/+7; Will +8/+10; Init +2; Per +11/+13

I cast Mage Armor - lasts 3 hours, AC 17 now.


HP 36 of 38 AC: 23 (19 Flat-footed / 12 Touch) w/ shield +2 defensive fighting Fort +5 , Ref +3, Will +9

Tohall takes up position at the rear of the group, bow out and ready to deal with and give a little payback to some cultists.

Status:
HP: 21/21 remaining
AC: 19 (17 Flat-footed / 12 Touch) w/o shield
In Hand: Darkwood Longbow (Str +1) +5 (1d8+1)
Conditions:
Spells (0-level, DC 14, at will) Create Water, Detect Magic, Light, Guidance;
(1st level, DC 15) Bless, bless, protection from evil(d)
(2nd level, DC 16) protection freom evil (communal), Bull's Strength, Align Weapon(d)
Channel Energy (2d6, DC 13) 5 of 5 remaining
Predator’s Grace 7 of 7 remaining (+10 ft movement, low-light vision for 1 round)
Touch of Good 7 of 7 remaining (+1 sacred bonus to attack rolls, skill checks, ability checks, and saving throws)


Male Half-Elven Ranger (Infiltrator): 8
Status:
(HP: 94/94; AC: 22(24)/14/20(22); CMD: 24; Fort +9, Ref: +8, Will: +4 [+6])

Kilthan sneaks to the intersection as best he can, and assuming nothing rushes out to kill him, stops to listen before trying to figure out which way to go.

Stealth: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10
Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (16) + 9 = 25


Female HP: 36/36, AC:16 / T12 / F14 CMD:15 Fort:2,Ref:6,Will:6 Aasimar Bard 4

"I hope we don't have many more cultists left in here."


GM Blood:

Initiative Kilthan Hammerstone 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6 (Below Ground)
Initiative Aarakess Halcorn 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10
Initiative Dryn'taka Devilschild 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22
Initiative Ingrid Anika Nina Jones 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16
Initiative Justin D'Rite 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (19) + 0 = 19
Initiative Tohall 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11
Initiative Monster 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13

As you begin to go down the hallway, sudden there is an ambush! Panels in the walls open up on either side of Aarakess while a pair of archers appear. All the attackers are some sort of strange bird man you recall being known as Tengu.

Surprise Round

Aarakess is flanked by a pair in secret passageways

Dagger #1 1d20 + 4 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 + 4 = 12
Damage 1d4 + 1 + 1d8 ⇒ (4) + 1 + (7) = 12

Dagger #2 1d20 + 4 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 + 4 = 14 *Hit vs flat-footed*
Damage 1d4 + 1 + 1d8 ⇒ (2) + 1 + (8) = 11

Ingrid is fired on by a Tengu down the hall

Shortbow #3 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11
Damage 1d6 + 1d4 ⇒ (6) + (2) = 8

Kilthan is fired upon by a Tengu

Shortbow #3 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18 *Hit vs flat-footed*
Damage 1d6 + 1d4 ⇒ (1) + (2) = 3

Round 1

Initiative Order - Dryn'taka, Justin, Ingrid, Tengu, Tohall, Aarakess, Kilthan

Tiefling Stats AC 18 T 15 FF 15


Female Dwarf Witch/8 - (HP: 49/74; AC 16; FF 14; Touch 16; Fort +6/8; Ref +5/+7; Will +8/+10; Init +2; Per +11/+13

Ouch - What is the second +4 modifier? I figure the first is BAB/Str.

Ouch, AMBUSH!!


Female HP: 36/36, AC:16 / T12 / F14 CMD:15 Fort:2,Ref:6,Will:6 Aasimar Bard 4

"I can't believe we fell into a Bird-Brained ambush"

Sorry could not resist doing a pun.


Aarakess Halcorn wrote:
Ouch - What is the second +4 modifier? I figure the first is BAB/Str.

Flanking bonus that is higher because of a feat!


Female Dwarf Witch/8 - (HP: 49/74; AC 16; FF 14; Touch 16; Fort +6/8; Ref +5/+7; Will +8/+10; Init +2; Per +11/+13

Tohall, back up, I am flanked.

DM Blood:

Did we not get a chance to detect the ambush via Perception?


Aarakess:
Ingrid had the only shot of making the DC 30 by having a +11 perception and she didn't get a 19

2,651 to 2,700 of 6,027 << first < prev | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Blood's Age Of Worms (Group 2) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.