Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

GM Blood's Age of Worms in Golarion #2

Game Master David James Olsen

Group 2 Map
Loot spreadsheet


2,151 to 2,200 of 6,036 << first < prev | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | next > last >>

No roll needed, just need to know who is on the elevator (all 6 or a sub group) and who is turning the wheel (up to three people can do it, then I take their str scores and do some complicated math behind the scenes)


HP 74 of 82 - AC 24 (T 13, FF 21) - F +8, R +5, W +11

"Shall we?" she whispers and enters the elevator...


Female Dwarf Witch/8 - (HP: 49/74; AC 16; FF 14; Touch 16; Fort +6/8; Ref +5/+7; Will +8/+10; Init +2; Per +11/+13

No time like the present. Aarakess bravely steps on the elevator behind Rohara, but you can tell that she is more than a little worried.


{HP 74/74 | AC18/FF14/T14/CMD21 | F+9/R+11/W+3 | Inish +4, Per +11}

Dryn also boards the elevator, her hands in her pockets fingering a vial and a catalyst, pondering what they may do in such an enclosed area.


Male Half-Elven Ranger (Infiltrator): 8
Status:
(HP: 94/94; AC: 22(24)/14/20(22); CMD: 24; Fort +9, Ref: +8, Will: +4 [+6])

Kilthan nods, "Lets be quick about it. Otherwise, it's like shooting.. well, us, in a barrel."

I think all 6, with Kilthan and Justin on the wheel


Female Dwarf Witch/8 - (HP: 49/74; AC 16; FF 14; Touch 16; Fort +6/8; Ref +5/+7; Will +8/+10; Init +2; Per +11/+13

If the wheel is in the elevator and can be operated from within, then definitely all 6 at once with the guys running the wheel. I much have misunderstood and thought that the wheel was at the top and was used to lower the elevator.


I figured as much, it is kinda confusing. Just imagine the chain runs around a spool and a large wheel allows to turn one way or the other to wrap/unwrap that chain. Its slow going but workable

You squeeze into the elevator, it is a very tight fit but doable You count yourself as squeezing per the rules (Each move into or through a narrow space counts as if it were 2 squares, and while squeezed in a narrow space, you take a –4 penalty on attack rolls and a –4 penalty to AC.) right now until only 4 are left in the elevator

As the wooden elevator creaks its way down slowly the four minute descent seems to take forever. Eventually the bottom comes into view and it rests on the floor. You take a moment to lock the brake into place before sliding the door open. You open the door out into a large well lit chamber. To your surprise, two tieflings in chainmail masks and wearing a tabard depicting a skull with a barbed chain coming out of each eye socket are standing there. Their arms are covered in elaborate tattoos bearing Zon Kuthon's liturgies and images of various devils. "Didn't realize anyone was coming down today, you guys sure packed yourself in there, why didn't you come three at a time?"

Knowledge (religion) DC 10 - Can be used Untrained:
Symbol of Zon-Kuthon

Perception DC 10:
It doesn't seem like they are expecting any trouble and going through the routine of checking out who comes down the elevator. They are more complacent than they should be and not ready for intruders at all


Female Dwarf Witch/8 - (HP: 49/74; AC 16; FF 14; Touch 16; Fort +6/8; Ref +5/+7; Will +8/+10; Init +2; Per +11/+13

Knowledge(religion): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21
Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (4) + 10 = 14

Whisper (with Message) - Zon Kuthon servants by the markings. They seem unprepared for any attack. <-- DC25 Perception to overhear.


They seem completely unaware


HP 74 of 82 - AC 24 (T 13, FF 21) - F +8, R +5, W +11

Knowledge (religion) 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11
Perception 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24


Female HP: 36/36, AC:16 / T12 / F14 CMD:15 Fort:2,Ref:6,Will:6 Aasimar Bard 4

Know(Religion): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26
Perception: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (19) + 14 = 33

she whispers
"Oh Great, followers of that cruel and sadistic god."

Darn, I rolled High


Ok so whats your move here, they think at this point nothing is amiss, but it won't last. You could get a surprise round on them if that is what you want

Map updated


Lizardman hp=78/86(AC24/ff24/t11) {F=+11/R=+5/W=+8} CMD 24 Paladin 8 (Shining Knight) Smite evil 1/3 - Lay on hands 6/7

As soon as the elevator stops, Justin makes sure he is hidden from sight as he catches Aarakess' eye. While doing this he tilts his head to the right resting it on his right hand and briefly closing his eyes. Justin exits the elevator soon afterwards and moves quickly past the cultists as if he is in a hurry.


Female Dwarf Witch/8 - (HP: 49/74; AC 16; FF 14; Touch 16; Fort +6/8; Ref +5/+7; Will +8/+10; Init +2; Per +11/+13

Whisper - Justin and Kilthan, I think it is time for them to meet you weapons.

If/When Justin and/or Kilthan move out of the elevator, I will use my Slumber Hex on the left tiefling. DR15 Will or Asleep for 3 rounds.

EDIT - got ninjaed by Justin

I wait until Justin is behind the tiefling and then use the Slumber Hex as above.


Female HP: 36/36, AC:16 / T12 / F14 CMD:15 Fort:2,Ref:6,Will:6 Aasimar Bard 4

Ingrid readies Lullaby on both of the tieflings, and casts it a little before Justin is in position


Lizardman hp=78/86(AC24/ff24/t11) {F=+11/R=+5/W=+8} CMD 24 Paladin 8 (Shining Knight) Smite evil 1/3 - Lay on hands 6/7

Taking one more step to get past them and drawing his sword, Justin turns to the cultists and asks, "Are there other intruders down here?"

Justin strikes as soon as possible at the one Aarakess does not target (he does not like to strike at helpless foes). His sense of fair play required him to give a slight warning in the form of a riddle.

hopefully surprise greatsword attack:
Power Attack/damage 1d20 + 7 - 1 ⇒ (1) + 7 - 1 = 72d6 + 6 + 3 ⇒ (5, 2) + 6 + 3 = 16 Oh no, I rolled Kilthan's d20!


Go ahead and post surprise round single actions, your bluff won't hold past that.

Suprise round Justin moves out of the elevator ending to the left of Tiefling Ingrid puts lullaby on the left tiefling with a follow up with Aarakess putting a sleep hex on it.

GM Blood:

Will Save Lullaby 1d20 ⇒ 9
Will Save Sleep Hex 1d20 ⇒ 9

Initiative Kilthan Hammerstone 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9 (Below Ground)
Initiative Aarakess Halcorn 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23
Initiative Dryn'taka Devilschild 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17
Initiative Ingrid Anika Nina Jones 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8
Initiative Justin D'Rite 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (10) + 0 = 10
Initiative Rohara Acharya 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22
Initiative Tiefling guards 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11

Surprise Round

Surprise Order Rohara, Dryn'taka, Justin, Kilthan, Ingrid, Aarakess

Round 1

Initiative Order - Rohara, Dryn'taka, Tieflings, Justin, Kilthan, Ingrid, Aarakess

Stats AC 17 T 13 FF 14


HP 74 of 82 - AC 24 (T 13, FF 21) - F +8, R +5, W +11

Surprise Round

Rohara gets herself out of the lift drawing her mace and quickly moves around the enemy on the right to put her in a position on the other side of him.

Move forward 2 squares (10 ft), diagonal right (5 ft), diagonal left (10 ft) for total movement of 25 ft.

Status:
HP: 24/24 remaining
AC: 20 (18 Flat-footed / 12 Touch)
In Hand: Shield
Conditions:
Spells (0-level, DC 14, at will) Create Water, Detect Magic, Light, Guidance;
(1st level, DC 15) Bless, Command, protection from evil, True Strike (d)
(1st level, DC 15) Grace, Bull's Strength, Aid (d)
Channel Energy (2d6, DC 13) 7 of 7 remaining
Bit of Luck 7 of 7 remaining (Any time the target rolls a d20, he may roll twice and take the more favorable result)
Agile Feet 7 of 7 remaining (ignore all difficult terrain for 1 round)


{HP 74/74 | AC18/FF14/T14/CMD21 | F+9/R+11/W+3 | Inish +4, Per +11}

Knowing her bombs won't be very effective against fellow tieflings, she instead decides to draw her mace and take position near the sleeping tiefling, readying an attack in case it stirs. "Rope, rope, why didn't I bring rope!"

Surprise round, move next to sleeping target, first round ready an attack in case the sleeping one wakes up


Male Half-Elven Ranger (Infiltrator): 8
Status:
(HP: 94/94; AC: 22(24)/14/20(22); CMD: 24; Fort +9, Ref: +8, Will: +4 [+6])

Having trouble with the map. Can't get google docs at work and my tablet's eating it.

Surprise round: Step in to non-sleeping target (trying to flank, if possible), while readying waraxe


Dryn'taka is in front of the tiefling with Justin on her corner (5' step to flank if he wants) Rohara and Kithan is currently flanking the other tiefling

Round 1

Initiative Order - Rohara, Dryn'taka, Tieflings, Justin, Kilthan, Ingrid, Aarakess

Stats AC 17 T 13 FF 14

Rohara and Dryn'taka is up before the tieflings.


Female Dwarf Witch/8 - (HP: 49/74; AC 16; FF 14; Touch 16; Fort +6/8; Ref +5/+7; Will +8/+10; Init +2; Per +11/+13

Waiting to see what the tiefling's do. Did one of them fall asleep?


Yes your sleep hex got the one on the left


Female HP: 36/36, AC:16 / T12 / F14 CMD:15 Fort:2,Ref:6,Will:6 Aasimar Bard 4

so did lullaby, and lullaby is an area effect, not a target effect.


GM Blood:

Will Save Lullaby #2 1d20 ⇒ 16

My bad on the lullaby


HP 74 of 82 - AC 24 (T 13, FF 21) - F +8, R +5, W +11

Round 1 (again, it ate my post)

Rohara nods to Kilthan and strikes at the tiefling with her mace as he remains unaware.

Attack with mace 1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 3 + 2 = 19
for 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2 damage

Status:
HP: 24/24 remaining
AC: 20 (18 Flat-footed / 12 Touch)
In Hand: Heavy Mace Shield
Conditions:
Spells (0-level, DC 14, at will) Create Water, Detect Magic, Light, Guidance;
(1st level, DC 15) Bless, Command, protection from evil, True Strike (d)
(1st level, DC 15) Grace, Bull's Strength, Aid (d)
Channel Energy (2d6, DC 13) 7 of 7 remaining
Bit of Luck 7 of 7 remaining (Any time the target rolls a d20, he may roll twice and take the more favorable result)
Agile Feet 7 of 7 remaining (ignore all difficult terrain for 1 round)


{HP 74/74 | AC18/FF14/T14/CMD21 | F+9/R+11/W+3 | Inish +4, Per +11}

Dryn unleashes an attack with tooth and mace, then shifts away to make room for Ingrid.

Full attack, 5' shift left after. Targeting awake Tiefling. If dead from Rohara, ready mace against sleeper.

Morningstar: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12; 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6
Bite: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5; 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4


{HP 74/74 | AC18/FF14/T14/CMD21 | F+9/R+11/W+3 | Inish +4, Per +11}

Subtract 5 from the bite's attack roll. It counts as secondary when attacking with a weapon. Didn't realize it.


The second tielfing sees the other guard fall and his eyes widen as her starts to get surrounded. He kicks awake the other guard and moves towards the east

Rohara and Kilthan get AoO from the Tiefling #2

The other guard shakes off the sleep and grabs his weapon and rises

AoO for Kilthan, Rohara, Justin and Dryn'taka

Round 1

Initiative Order - Rohara, Dryn'taka, Tieflings, Justin, Kilthan, Ingrid, Aarakess

Stats AC 17 T 13 FF 14


Male Half-Elven Ranger (Infiltrator): 8
Status:
(HP: 94/94; AC: 22(24)/14/20(22); CMD: 24; Fort +9, Ref: +8, Will: +4 [+6])

Attack of Opportunity (Tiefling #2)
Dwarven Waraxe (Flanking): 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 6 + 2 = 17 for 1d10 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12

Lacking combat reflexes, I can't also hit the one rising from prone.


Female Dwarf Witch/8 - (HP: 49/74; AC 16; FF 14; Touch 16; Fort +6/8; Ref +5/+7; Will +8/+10; Init +2; Per +11/+13

Round 2

If he is still alive:

Slumber Hex on the running tiefling.

Slumber Hex: DC15 Will or asleep for 3 rounds.


Female HP: 36/36, AC:16 / T12 / F14 CMD:15 Fort:2,Ref:6,Will:6 Aasimar Bard 4

Using lullaby on the two of them.
(Will DC:13)


Just FYI Aarakess, it is still round 1 and you will have to move out of the elevator to get line of sight, past Tiefling #1 drawing an AoO.


Female Dwarf Witch/8 - (HP: 49/74; AC 16; FF 14; Touch 16; Fort +6/8; Ref +5/+7; Will +8/+10; Init +2; Per +11/+13

I think that I can move to the space 2 to the right of where I am right now by moving through Kilthan's square. (Sorry, I don't see any coordinates.)

Acrobatics to avoid AoO: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20

Hex is not a spell, so there should be no Concentration check necessary if I do get hit.


Aarakess, you will have to move full speed to get line of sight for the hex adding +10 to the difficulty of succeeding to avoid the AoO. Sound good?


Female Dwarf Witch/8 - (HP: 49/74; AC 16; FF 14; Touch 16; Fort +6/8; Ref +5/+7; Will +8/+10; Init +2; Per +11/+13

That is fine. I thought it was only 1/2 speed in the threatened square. But, we need to stop the guy, so I will take the penalty if necessary.

Also, I forgot to post earlier that I cast Mage Armor. I would have done it before we ever entered the door up top since it has a 3 hour duration. Your call, I am AC17 with Mage Armor, AC13 without.


No problem with casting it before hand, makes sense

Tiefling AoO on Aarakess

Greataxe 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22 *Hit*
Damage 1d12 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11

GM Blood:

Will Save Tiefling #2 1d20 - 4 ⇒ (15) - 4 = 11

The tiefling slumps over as he is moving down the hallway


Female Dwarf Witch/8 - (HP: 49/74; AC 16; FF 14; Touch 16; Fort +6/8; Ref +5/+7; Will +8/+10; Init +2; Per +11/+13

Ouch, someone knock that devil down.


Male Half-Elven Ranger (Infiltrator): 8
Status:
(HP: 94/94; AC: 22(24)/14/20(22); CMD: 24; Fort +9, Ref: +8, Will: +4 [+6])

Round 1

Kilthan steps around the once-prone Tiefling, attacking from a flank.

Dwarven Waraxe (Flanking, Power Attack): 1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 3 + 2 = 12 for: 1d10 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8
Spiked Shield (Flanking, Power Attack): 1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 3 + 2 = 13 for: 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

Seems I got my old d20 back from Justin...


Lizardman hp=78/86(AC24/ff24/t11) {F=+11/R=+5/W=+8} CMD 24 Paladin 8 (Shining Knight) Smite evil 1/3 - Lay on hands 6/7

Justin takes advantage of the opportunity provided by the rising tiefling to strike him with his greatsword.

To hit power attack 1d20 + 7 - 1 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 7 - 1 + 4 = 22
Damage power attack 2d6 + 6 + 3 ⇒ (3, 5) + 6 + 3 = 17

Would moving to attack the fleeing tiefling be a charge, (running in a straight line)?


You would have to charge in a straight line and you have people and pillars in your way.

Rohara and Dryn still have AoO to resolve and Justin and Ingrid still have their turns to do to finish round 1


{HP 74/74 | AC18/FF14/T14/CMD21 | F+9/R+11/W+3 | Inish +4, Per +11}

Dryn's Opportunity Strike: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19
Damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5


HP 74 of 82 - AC 24 (T 13, FF 21) - F +8, R +5, W +11

Attack of Opportunity with mace 1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 3 + 2 = 18
for 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

Status:
HP: 24/24 remaining
AC: 20 (18 Flat-footed / 12 Touch)
In Hand: Mace and Shield
Conditions:
Spells (0-level, DC 14, at will) Create Water, Detect Magic, Light, Guidance;
(1st level, DC 15) Bless, Command, protection from evil, True Strike (d)
(1st level, DC 15) Grace, Bull's Strength, Aid (d)
Channel Energy (2d6, DC 13) 7 of 7 remaining
Bit of Luck 7 of 7 remaining (Any time the target rolls a d20, he may roll twice and take the more favorable result)
Agile Feet 7 of 7 remaining (ignore all difficult terrain for 1 round)


Lizardman hp=78/86(AC24/ff24/t11) {F=+11/R=+5/W=+8} CMD 24 Paladin 8 (Shining Knight) Smite evil 1/3 - Lay on hands 6/7

If that is not enough to put him down, Justin attacks with a flurry of claws and a bite after dropping his sword.
Only if he is still up.
Power attack claw1/damage 1d20 + 7 + 2 - 1 ⇒ (6) + 7 + 2 - 1 = 141d4 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8
Power attack claw2/damage 1d20 + 7 + 2 - 1 ⇒ (9) + 7 + 2 - 1 = 171d4 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7
Power attack bite/damage 1d20 + 7 + 2 - 1 ⇒ (19) + 7 + 2 - 1 = 271d3 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9

"Kilthan, block the other's retreat."


Female Dwarf Witch/8 - (HP: 49/74; AC 16; FF 14; Touch 16; Fort +6/8; Ref +5/+7; Will +8/+10; Init +2; Per +11/+13

Coup de gras should solve the napping one.


Justin rip apart the tiefling, Kilthan signals to the others that the other tiefling is asleep and can be taken care of.

Each guard has:

Chain Shirt
masterwork great axe
Composite Longbow (+2 Str) with 20 arrows
3 potions
Key with the symbol of Zon Kuthon on it
27gp


Going to do room description this way to see if it reads better

Three short passages lead from this chamber, one to the north of the elevator and one to its east and west each ending in a marble doorway. The door to the north is marked with the symbol that looks like a diseased fly. A pair of crimson banners flanks the door to the east, each marked with the symbol of a human skull with a barbed chain coming out its eye. The door to the west is free of all markings. To the south, the hall opens into a vast domed room. The black, marble tile floor glistens in the light of several glowing torches while elaborate, carefully worked marble pillars and arches sweep over the chamber. In the center of the domed chamber is a large pool of dark liquid. A stairway carved into the curved wall around the pool ascends to a platform thirty feet above the pool. The chamber's domed ceiling arches to a height of sixty feet over the pool while the smaller hall with the elevator has a ten foot ceiling.

Knowledge Religion DC 10:
Door to the east is Zon Kuthon, Door to the north Urgathoa


Lizardman hp=78/86(AC24/ff24/t11) {F=+11/R=+5/W=+8} CMD 24 Paladin 8 (Shining Knight) Smite evil 1/3 - Lay on hands 6/7

Loot added to loot spreadsheet.
"Kilthan, you should probably pick up that nice bow. I think I will use an axe just like you." Justin decides to use the axe instead of his greatsword and, although archery is unsporting, the composite longbow and arrows too.


HP 74 of 82 - AC 24 (T 13, FF 21) - F +8, R +5, W +11

Knowledge (Religion) 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23

Rohara whispers "We should hide these bodies and clean up any 'mess' the best we can before someone comes along."

After looking about she motions to the corresponding doors, and whispers, "Zon Kuthon... Urgathoa"

Status:
HP: 24/24 remaining
AC: 20 (18 Flat-footed / 12 Touch)
In Hand: Mace and Shield
Conditions:
Spells (0-level, DC 14, at will) Create Water, Detect Magic, Light, Guidance;
(1st level, DC 15) Bless, Command, protection from evil, True Strike (d)
(1st level, DC 15) Grace, Bull's Strength, Aid (d)
Channel Energy (2d6, DC 13) 7 of 7 remaining
Bit of Luck 7 of 7 remaining (Any time the target rolls a d20, he may roll twice and take the more favorable result)
Agile Feet 7 of 7 remaining (ignore all difficult terrain for 1 round)


Female Dwarf Witch/8 - (HP: 49/74; AC 16; FF 14; Touch 16; Fort +6/8; Ref +5/+7; Will +8/+10; Init +2; Per +11/+13

It is only unsporting until someone is shooting back at you.

Where are you planning on putting them. As soon as someone comes in here and sees that the guards are missing, the alarm will be sounded. On the other hand, we could have two people dress up like the tieflings and as soon as someone comes in here, surprise them. That way we would be fighting on our own territory instead of marching into a trap.

2,151 to 2,200 of 6,036 << first < prev | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Blood's Age Of Worms (Group 2) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.