Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

GM Blood's Age of Worms in Golarion #2

Game Master David James Olsen

Group 2 Map
Loot spreadsheet


2,101 to 2,150 of 5,557 << first < prev | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | next > last >>

1 person marked this as a favorite.
{HP 63/65 | AC18/FF15/T13/CMD19 | F+8/R+9/W+3 | Inish +5, Per +9} Female Tiefling (Daemon-Spawn) Alchemist (Chirurgeon) 7

"Pink and purple could work. Or or bright yellow with purple! Really contrasts with each other. And we could do the fence in different colors too! To match the lamps. Or we could put a lamp in each room, and have each room a theme! Put the red lamp in the living room, the orange one in the library, um yellow in a bedroom, blue in the other. Violet in the dining room, make food all kinds of neat colors. Indigo in the basement! That leaves green for the kitchen?"

Sounds like a plan.


Male Half-Elven Ranger (Infiltrator): 7
Status:
(HP: 82/82; AC: 20(22)/13/20(22); CMD: 22; Fort +8, Ref: +7, Will: +3 [+5])

Kilthan looks at Dryn and says, deadpan, "Can you mix up something so I can't see colour before you get anywhere near the paint?"


{HP 63/65 | AC18/FF15/T13/CMD19 | F+8/R+9/W+3 | Inish +5, Per +9} Female Tiefling (Daemon-Spawn) Alchemist (Chirurgeon) 7

"Hmm, well I think dogs see different than we do, so that would help. If we removed your eyes, and put some dog eyes in that could do it. I'd have to figure out how to connect the little fiber thingies from your brain to the dog eyes, but how hard could that be? I could use the tools from Filges. Give 'em a good sterilization, I bet there would hardly be any necrotic energy left in 'em. Ooh, we could use that animate scroll and bring the eyes back to life in case they sit out for too long too. At this point, would probably want to use a good dog, something with really reliable eyes. Hmm, Hell Hound or Hound Archon, both are kinda dog-like, I bet both would be good..." Dryn continues on for awhile.

Ever heard of undead grafts from Libris Mortis? Dryn's outlining it in her head right now! Of course a shiny might distract her and ruin this 1,000,000GP idea.


Female HP: 36/36, AC:16 / T12 / F14 CMD:15 Fort:2,Ref:6,Will:6 Aasimar Bard 4

"Dryn'taka your starting to sound really creepy,
and you might end up like that necromancer we fought having lost your marbles."


Female Dwarf Witch/7 - (HP: 51/65; AC 16; FF 14; Touch 16; Init +2; Fort +6/8; Ref +5/+7; Will +7/+9

I can probably help with the sterilization using my burning hands. And with my healing hex, I should be able to minimize any permanent injuries.


Male Half-Elven Ranger (Infiltrator): 7
Status:
(HP: 82/82; AC: 20(22)/13/20(22); CMD: 22; Fort +8, Ref: +7, Will: +3 [+5])

Kilthan offers, "Or we could just use different colour paint?"


Female Dwarf Witch/7 - (HP: 51/65; AC 16; FF 14; Touch 16; Init +2; Fort +6/8; Ref +5/+7; Will +7/+9

Ooh, how about a big rainbow across the front of the home continuing onto the outbuildings. We could craft a little basin at the end that would look like a pot of gold, but would really be a bird feeder. The birds and animals would like that.


Lizardman hp=75/76(AC23/ff23/t10) {F=+10/R=+5/W=+7} CMD 22 Paladin 7 (Shining Knight) Smite evil 0/3 - Lay on hands 1/6

"Well, we cleaned out this cairn. We depleted some magic resources, and I am still not 100% from my encounter with the ghoul. How about we work about the house and pay off the rest of what we owe to get the building finished and the furniture ordered? Tomorrow we can tackle the big bad mine boss."

We take the rest of the day and work around the homestead and sell some of our treasure. Looks like it is time for me to start putting this in excel.


{HP 63/65 | AC18/FF15/T13/CMD19 | F+8/R+9/W+3 | Inish +5, Per +9} Female Tiefling (Daemon-Spawn) Alchemist (Chirurgeon) 7
Aarakess Halcorn wrote:
Ooh, how about a big rainbow across the front of the home continuing onto the outbuildings. We could craft a little basin at the end that would look like a pot of gold, but would really be a bird feeder. The birds and animals would like that.

Misdirection from undead grafts successful. 1,000,000gp idea has been forgotten.

"Oooh, I like it! I agree with Justin, let's head back now and get started."

In other words, fine by me.


OK, so equipment is sold and loot is divvied. Weapon orders are sent out to Magnimar to be delivered in one weeks time. Rest has also happened so everyone is up to full, all hp damage and ability damage is healed.

You turn your attention to planning action against the cult. You want to wait for your items sent off for to arrive, so you have a full week to prepare. First up is getting into the mine and finding the cult inside of it. Balabar Smenk has seen that place according to Filge and the note sent to Filge by Smenk. Allustan suggested setting up a meeting with Smenk at his mine office. That can be set up for the follow day.

That sound like a reasonable plan?


I'll try and get things moving again since Monday's post went nowhere

The day after you sell everything and make your order sent off to Magnimar, you contact Smenk and set up a meeting with him for the following day.

You head the next day to Smenk's mine office. Outside the entrance to the building are two guards with another pair patrolling.

You are led down a corridor into a good sized office.20x20 room A pair of guards are inside with him. He rises up from his chair and with a angry look growls, "I have to say, you all have quite a set on you to come here after what you have done to me! Tell me why I shouldn't have my guards cut you to pieces right here!"

Picture of Smenk


HP 69 of 69 - AC 23 (T 13, FF 20) - F +6, R +5, W +10

Rohara keeps her composure quite well and replies, "Good day to you. I am Rohara," She smiles pleasantly and continues, "Done to you? Perhaps you are mistaken, this is the first time we have met."

She looks to the the guards, to her companions, and then back at Smenk, "It would be an unwise choice for you to make. As we are standing before you, I am sure that you would much rather know our purpose, rather than having tiny bits of us all over your office. Yes?"

Status:
HP: 24/24 remaining
AC: 20 (18 Flat-footed / 12 Touch)
In Hand: Shield
Conditions:
Spells (0-level, DC 14, at will) Create Water, Detect Magic, Light, Guidance;
(1st level, DC 15) Bless, Command, Comprehend Languages, True Strike (d)
(1st level, DC 15) Grace, Bull's Strength, Aid (d)
Channel Energy (2d6, DC 13) 7 of 7 remaining
Bit of Luck 7 of 7 remaining (Any time the target rolls a d20, he may roll twice and take the more favorable result)
Agile Feet 7 of 7 remaining (ignore all difficult terrain for 1 round)


Smenk looks menacingly at you all, "Well you have attacked my men, but it is true I am intrigued by what your purpose is for coming here. Ok, go ahead, but it better be good."


Female Dwarf Witch/7 - (HP: 51/65; AC 16; FF 14; Touch 16; Init +2; Fort +6/8; Ref +5/+7; Will +7/+9

Aarakess raises her eyebrows at this last comment:
Attacked your men? We were attacked by several extremely intoxicated ruffians after leaving a tavern the other day, other than that, I am unsure what you are speaking of.

Please remind me if we got into a fight with someone else, I do not recall any fights other than in the Cairn, the owlbear, the drunks, and the necromancer with his undead. If I have missed something important, please discount this comment.


He is referring to Kullen and his gang that were the drunks


Male Half-Elven Ranger (Infiltrator): 7
Status:
(HP: 82/82; AC: 20(22)/13/20(22); CMD: 22; Fort +8, Ref: +7, Will: +3 [+5])

Kilthan feels his temper rising at the verbal assault, and bites back the urge to say something undiplomatic, and instead shifts a little uncomfortably and lets the others speak.

Aye, obviously the attack was directed at you. Or maybe you employ all the graverobbers, necromancers and cultists in town? I don't recall them wearing uniforms or badges proclaiming themselves under your protection?

His dark thoughts not helping, Kilthan tries to tune out of the conversation and, instead, watch the door for a visit from "his men".


Lizardman hp=75/76(AC23/ff23/t10) {F=+10/R=+5/W=+7} CMD 22 Paladin 7 (Shining Knight) Smite evil 0/3 - Lay on hands 1/6

What would make this man listen. Talking about our previous altercation can only hurt.
"There is a cult capable of stealing your entire operation from you from out from under your nose. They could possibly turn you into a mindless servant."

After that dramatic pronouncement, Justin Crosses his arms and is silent.

Diplomacy 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23


Lizardman hp=75/76(AC23/ff23/t10) {F=+10/R=+5/W=+7} CMD 22 Paladin 7 (Shining Knight) Smite evil 0/3 - Lay on hands 1/6

Justin decides to check for evil around the room starting with Smenk while waiting for the fairer members of the group to speak.
Hope he isn't part of this or incubating a worm right now.


Female Dwarf Witch/7 - (HP: 51/65; AC 16; FF 14; Touch 16; Init +2; Fort +6/8; Ref +5/+7; Will +7/+9

I am pretty sure I am one of the fairer members you are mentioning, but also pretty sure I am not the one you want talking.


Female HP: 36/36, AC:16 / T12 / F14 CMD:15 Fort:2,Ref:6,Will:6 Aasimar Bard 4

"Good sir we are here on business, and nothing else."


HP 69 of 69 - AC 23 (T 13, FF 20) - F +6, R +5, W +10

Rohara nods to Justin, "Indeed. We have information that this cult has taken up residence within the depths of Dourstone Mine. We wish to know anything that you know of this, as well as gain your permission to go down there and deal with them. The information we have, says they they are up to no good."

Rohara watches the man's reaction to what he has been told...

Diplomacy 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18 (not sure if this would be an aid to Justin's or her own, use as you wish GMBlood)
Sense Motive 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (19) + 10 = 29


Female HP: 36/36, AC:16 / T12 / F14 CMD:15 Fort:2,Ref:6,Will:6 Aasimar Bard 4

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (6) + 11 = 17


When more than one person is doing a like task I tend to take the best roll and add the aid another in there, maybe sometimes subtracting if its a bad roll (like an aid another that is a 1 or negative might be a -2 bonus)

Smenk gets a dark look on his face, "I know about this cult you speak of. I was approached but Ragnolin Dourstone for a business deal supplying him with goods and tools since I have many contacts in Magnimar. I took it, but the deal was too good and I asked to know more. He took me into his mine, down an elevator where I was blindfolded, then taken to a temple of Zon-Kuthon. After that meeting I told Dourstone I would have nothing to do with any nut jobs religious freaks. The night I woke up with my most trusted bodyguard's head sitting on the pillow next to me. I got the message and the best I could do is give them substandard equipment and spoiled food."

Smenk thinks for a moment and says, "If you want to take care of those cultists go ahead! I could even help you if you wish. The mine is guarded pretty heavily, but there is a secret side entrance they took me in. I could set up a meeting with Ragnolin and disguise you as some of my guards. Normally my guards hang out while we have our meetings. That would be the best time to sneak away and get into the mines. I can draw you a crude map on how you can get to the elevator and down to where the cultists are. All I ask is that you destroy anything left of my stuff once you wipe them out."

Rohara, Smenk is definitely not telling you the whole truth though that isn't too surprising from his reputation. But his plan to take out the cultists he isn't mincing words at all


Lizardman hp=75/76(AC23/ff23/t10) {F=+10/R=+5/W=+7} CMD 22 Paladin 7 (Shining Knight) Smite evil 0/3 - Lay on hands 1/6

Justin nods in agreement, "Please let me know exactly what stuff of yours needs to be destroyed and how to recognize it."

No evil on anyone?


Female Dwarf Witch/7 - (HP: 51/65; AC 16; FF 14; Touch 16; Init +2; Fort +6/8; Ref +5/+7; Will +7/+9

Don't forget, unless he is a cleric or anti-paladin, you would not detect any evil unless he was 5 HD/5th level or something like that.

Detect Evil


Nope no evil detected in the room (Sorry missed that again)

Smenk shows you his symbol for his business, "Any crates or the like that have this on it need to be destroyed."


Lizardman hp=75/76(AC23/ff23/t10) {F=+10/R=+5/W=+7} CMD 22 Paladin 7 (Shining Knight) Smite evil 0/3 - Lay on hands 1/6

Justin nods again, "Well, Mr. Smenk, I think we are allies of convenience. At the moment we have common interests. Your plan is acceptable."

Justin adds, "We have found that we order supplies and equipment from Magnimar and it takes some time to arrive. Might you have any equipment, either martial or magical, that you could give or lend us that would aid us? That would give you 'skin in the game' so to speak and solidify our arrangement. I have noticed that some of your employees are fairly well equipped. This talented group here could make use of almost anything you could provide."


Female HP: 36/36, AC:16 / T12 / F14 CMD:15 Fort:2,Ref:6,Will:6 Aasimar Bard 4

"So you just want the destruction of items with that symbol?"


"Yes anything with my business symbol on it, should be mostly crates and boxes"


{HP 63/65 | AC18/FF15/T13/CMD19 | F+8/R+9/W+3 | Inish +5, Per +9} Female Tiefling (Daemon-Spawn) Alchemist (Chirurgeon) 7

"Shouldn't be too hard to blow up some crates and boxes. Wouldn't even need bombs, just some oil and a couple tindertwigs. Burning stuff in a mine would be bad, the smoke would make it hard to breathe. You said mostly crates and boxes? Anything else you know of? Would be funny to find someone with it on them. Well funny in a not so funny way." Dryn rambles on for abit unless asked to be quiet.

Still paying attention, just not much time to write posts.


OK, so Smenk will set up the meeting for the end of the week right after your stuff comes in

The plan is you go in as bodyguards for Smenk then after he starts his meeting slip away into the mines through the hidden side entrance that Smenk told you about.

Sound Right?


Lizardman hp=75/76(AC23/ff23/t10) {F=+10/R=+5/W=+7} CMD 22 Paladin 7 (Shining Knight) Smite evil 0/3 - Lay on hands 1/6

Justin also orders a 'used' wand of shield because he is curious, one might even say dangerously so.

Plan is just as you say.

Given any extra down time Justin can train his dog.


Male Half-Elven Ranger (Infiltrator): 7
Status:
(HP: 82/82; AC: 20(22)/13/20(22); CMD: 22; Fort +8, Ref: +7, Will: +3 [+5])

Yup. I think so.. Side doors are less get-killed-head-onny.


Female Dwarf Witch/7 - (HP: 51/65; AC 16; FF 14; Touch 16; Init +2; Fort +6/8; Ref +5/+7; Will +7/+9

I will get Web from Alustan and add it to my familiar. Once the Returning Weapon and Ice Dagger arrive, I will also add them.


Feel free to fill in anything before the start of the action the day you get your new equipment

You arrive to Smenk's office and he instantly says the first thing your appearance needs to be worked on. He tells you to 'grubby' up some with dirt from the back of his office and has some random pieces of equipment and clothing brought in. He even has some fake leather armor (It appears to be leather armor but give no armor bonus or hampers spell casting. He also has a guy come in that changes your look a little in case you are spotted by someone who has seen you in town. After about an hour your 'transformation' is done.

Before heading out, "Did you remember to bring some money for the miners? Dourstone pays them horribly but they will still rat you out unless you give them a reason not to do that. Hope you remember everything else you need to do once you are down below. Remember these cultists are dangerous and deserve no quarter."

You head out with Smenk and two actual bodyguards of his to Dourstone Mine. You approach the complex and in seeing Smenk they instantly open the gates. One of the guards on the wall notes that he is traveling with extra guards today and he makes a quip about some new treasure seekers in town attacking his friends and his men so he isn't taking any chances.

You head into the compound and take note of everything Smenk has told you and indeed the front entrance is well guarded and in view of some posts on the wall, but the side entrance is hidden from view and not obvious at all.

You sit in the waiting room for a bit until Ragnolin Dourstone arrives greeting Smenk coldly but not disrespectfully. The dwarf gruffly says, "Let's get on with this" then Smenk turns to you and says in an authoritative tone, "Alright you six head out like we discussed. I won't be needing you anymore today"

With that he and Ragnolin head out already talking business. The other two guards sit down to wait until whatever time it normally takes for Smenk to finish his business.


Female Dwarf Witch/7 - (HP: 51/65; AC 16; FF 14; Touch 16; Init +2; Fort +6/8; Ref +5/+7; Will +7/+9

Changed my spells memorized:

1st-Level
Mage Armor
Enlarge Person
Burning Hands

+ Pearl of Power

2nd-Level
Limp Lash
Web


HP 69 of 69 - AC 23 (T 13, FF 20) - F +6, R +5, W +10

Rohara will tie her hair up and go through the process of looking more 'tough' with drirt and ash. She takes an old leather helm and some pieces to her chainmail.

When Smenk sends the group away she moves after Justin or Kilthan and quickly make for the side entrance.

Status:
HP: 24/24 remaining
AC: 20 (18 Flat-footed / 12 Touch)
In Hand: Shield
Conditions:
Spells (0-level, DC 14, at will) Create Water, Detect Magic, Light, Guidance;
(1st level, DC 15) Bless, Command, protection from evil, True Strike (d)
(1st level, DC 15) Grace, Bull's Strength, Aid (d)
Channel Energy (2d6, DC 13) 7 of 7 remaining
Bit of Luck 7 of 7 remaining (Any time the target rolls a d20, he may roll twice and take the more favorable result)
Agile Feet 7 of 7 remaining (ignore all difficult terrain for 1 round)


You slip away and enter the hidden side entrance thanks to the information Smenk gave you. The side tunnel goes a small distance and you manage to find the locked door that leads to the elevator.

You can hear the sounds of nearby mine workers, but your presence hasn't been noticed yet.


Male Half-Elven Ranger (Infiltrator): 7
Status:
(HP: 82/82; AC: 20(22)/13/20(22); CMD: 22; Fort +8, Ref: +7, Will: +3 [+5])

Kilthan whispers, "Shall I sneak up and offer them bribes, or should we go with the look like you belong and people won't question you approach?"


Female HP: 36/36, AC:16 / T12 / F14 CMD:15 Fort:2,Ref:6,Will:6 Aasimar Bard 4

she whispers back
"If we plan to bribe, then it'll require a smooth talker along with the cash."

I have an Idea of how she'll look now. Will post in ooc when I have a moment.


Female Dwarf Witch/7 - (HP: 51/65; AC 16; FF 14; Touch 16; Init +2; Fort +6/8; Ref +5/+7; Will +7/+9

Before we entered, I cast Message so that Kilthan, Justin, Ingrid and I can communicate. I then cast it a second time so that Dryn, Rohara, Kilthan and I can all communicate. I will relay any messages between the two groups.

It is a DC25 Perception to overhear the whispers if the listener is close.


If I didn't make it clear you are at the door and no workers are in sight. The door is locked though so you need to get past it quietly if or risk drawing the attention of the workers.


Lizardman hp=75/76(AC23/ff23/t10) {F=+10/R=+5/W=+7} CMD 22 Paladin 7 (Shining Knight) Smite evil 0/3 - Lay on hands 1/6

Justin makes a motion with his hands that is either mimicing milking a cow or picking a lock, and points to the door.


{HP 63/65 | AC18/FF15/T13/CMD19 | F+8/R+9/W+3 | Inish +5, Per +9} Female Tiefling (Daemon-Spawn) Alchemist (Chirurgeon) 7

Pulling out some tools, Dryn gets to work on the door, attempting to open it quickly yet quietly.

Disable Device: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (20) + 11 = 31


Dryn'taka picks the lock with ease. You are all able to move through the door and shut it again without attracting any attention. The tunnel past the door stretches to the west and has a sharp, downward slope. After 400 feet you come to a chamber in which a large wooden platform with a 8 foot wall built along its edges. Struts rise from the corners, joining in an X above the platform. A thick iron chain runs through the X's midpoint to a large wooden spool set in the middle of the platform. The platform is 10 feet long and 10 feet wide. The chain is wrapped around a spool currently.

The brake is currently set so the wheel wont move until released. Up to three people can turn the wheel at time to help raise or lower the elevator.

The elevator will hold 4 comfortably but you can squeeze in there with all six. You definitely want your strongest to turn the wheel with a full load one or two others lending help.


{HP 63/65 | AC18/FF15/T13/CMD19 | F+8/R+9/W+3 | Inish +5, Per +9} Female Tiefling (Daemon-Spawn) Alchemist (Chirurgeon) 7

Dryn begins examining the elevator, looking for any signs of an alarm or any traps on it.

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22


It is not trapped or alarmed and appears very well maintained.


Female Dwarf Witch/7 - (HP: 51/65; AC 16; FF 14; Touch 16; Init +2; Fort +6/8; Ref +5/+7; Will +7/+9

Justin, can you lower us all down, and then climb down following us?


Sorry if I didn't make it clear, the wheel to go up/down is on the elevator as well as the brake.


Lizardman hp=75/76(AC23/ff23/t10) {F=+10/R=+5/W=+7} CMD 22 Paladin 7 (Shining Knight) Smite evil 0/3 - Lay on hands 1/6

Justin jumps on and flexes his arms experimentally before taking his spot near the wheel. He releases the break and spits on his hands and cranks. "Kilthan, I think we can do this."

Justin strains to turn the wheel. STR 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11

2,101 to 2,150 of 5,557 << first < prev | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Blood's Age Of Worms (Group 2) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.