Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

GM Blood's Age of Worms in Golarion #2

Game Master David James Olsen

Group 2 Map
Loot spreadsheet


2,001 to 2,050 of 5,554 << first < prev | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | next > last >>

It does not radiate evil


{HP 63/65 | AC18/FF15/T13/CMD19 | F+8/R+9/W+3 | Inish +5, Per +9} Female Tiefling (Daemon-Spawn) Alchemist (Chirurgeon) 7

"I'll open it! I can make some mixtures to help me too!"


Male Half-Elven Ranger (Infiltrator): 7
Status:
(HP: 82/82; AC: 20(22)/13/20(22); CMD: 22; Fort +8, Ref: +7, Will: +3 [+5])

Kilthan looks at Aarakess a moment, trying to determine if she's turned the joke on him. He then chuckles slightly and says, "I meant now. Though I get how it's hard to keep track, considering how much time I seem to spend bleeding."

He looks at Dryn and says, "I was going to volunteer.. I've got a lot of experience at being nearly killed. Still, lemme look it over before you risk blowing yourself up."

Kilthan pauses and studies the box, looking for any traps before Dryn opens it.

Perception: (Take 20) + 8 = 28


Kilthan studies it closely and cannot find any traps, reluctantly he hands it over for Dryn'taka to open. As the metal clasps are broken and the top removed Dryn'taka inhales deeply and pulls out a adamantine loop with a long handle. Allustan says "Amazing! You found an artifact, albeit an inactive one. That is a talisman of the sphere, an item to help control a sphere of annihilation by one skilled in the arcane arts. I'm not sure what good it will do you at this point, but one should always keep an artifact when found. I suggest holding on to that."


{HP 63/65 | AC18/FF15/T13/CMD19 | F+8/R+9/W+3 | Inish +5, Per +9} Female Tiefling (Daemon-Spawn) Alchemist (Chirurgeon) 7

"Oooooooh, an amazing shiny! Skilled in arcane arts? Not me, then. How do you make it active? Can Aarakess do it?" Dryn goes to hand the artifact over to Aarakess, in the hopes of seeing it do something.

Dice:

Aarakess 1, Ingrid 2 1d2 ⇒ 1


Allustan isn't sure at this point what it will take to make it active. He explains that artifacts don't always follow the general rules of magic. Maybe coming into the proximity of a sphere of annihilation will do it, maybe something else.


Female Dwarf Witch/7 - (HP: 51/65; AC 16; FF 14; Touch 16; Init +2; Fort +6/8; Ref +5/+7; Will +7/+9

I will take it, but as I explained earlier, this is very powerful magic, far more powerful than anything I have heretofore seen.

Knowledge(arcane): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15 <-- do I know anything about the talisman?


Basically it increases the chances of being able to direct a sphere of annihilation by an arcane caster. One still needs to be close and it is risky.


HP 69 of 69 - AC 23 (T 13, FF 20) - F +6, R +5, W +10

Knowledge (History) to know anything of this thing... 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22
Spellcraft 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9

Rohara looks at the artifact, "I have some vague recollection that while artifacts are powerful, they do tend to come with some drawbacks. Each artifact is different in what it does of course."

"So what are we doing with it now? If we keep i on our person, anyone using a simple spell with see something powerful on whomever keeps it. Rohara comments.

She looks to Allustan, "Our search of the Carine, did it meet with your expectations? Was there something within that you were looking for?"

Did we take the lanterns to keep others from anything beyond that one point?


Female Dwarf Witch/7 - (HP: 51/65; AC 16; FF 14; Touch 16; Init +2; Fort +6/8; Ref +5/+7; Will +7/+9

We still have one area that we have not searched, but until we are able to get past some Brown Mold, we cannot procede in that direction. Unfortunately, it requires magic utilizing cold and I have not learned any spells of that type yet.


Not much else than what is said do you know. Its basically a device to help one's chances to control a sphere of annihilation

Allustan thinks for a moment and says, "There is still that section around the brown mold that needs to be examined. Other than that I would say it was pretty successful!

What concerns me more is this worm that is so similar to the tales of Justin's village, and news of this cult under the city.

The worm is from an undead creature called the spawn of Kyuss. There isn't much known about Kyuss. I did find an account of him appearing in the 'Rift Canyon' in the mountains to the north of the Storval plateau thousands of years ago. The book said in a short time he created hundreds of new undead breeds and amassed a legion of creatures bound to his will. It even said that he had an undead dragon that stood at his side as general of his forces. Now only the green worms remain of his legacy. But what caught my attention is his title, 'The Harbinger of the Age of Worms'

Now the next question is, what is the 'Age of Worms"? It is said that is the the Waiting Age, an era of catastrophe that that lurks in the shadow of every tomorrow. Scholars obsessed with apocalyptic visions claim that its advent signals an interminable period of suffering in which the cosmic scales shift disastrously towards evil and light fades from this land. Of course all in all that means nothing and is vague not to mention that prophecies are no longer valid since Aroden is dead. Or at least that is what is commonly believed.

But I digress. Filge talked about the Ebon Triad cult under Dourstone Mine. A 'friend' of mine, Marzena, has alerted me that this cult has been popping up all over the place lately. They are a group that worships collectively Lamashtu, Zon-Kuthon, and Urgathoa. They believe that there is a way to join these gods together forming an evil Overgod. Now the churches of these three gods consider them heretics and keep the knowledge of them brutally suppressed. I find the idea of this Overgod preposterous, but that doesn't lessen the threat that this cult poses to the town. Plus them having the worm could mean they could make or have spawn of Kyuss that could be unleashed on the town. How fast would this town be turned undead? Plus what connection to this Age of Worms do they have?

Anyways I think you know where this is going. You must find a way to get into the mine and find where this cult is hiding. Getting in will be a challenge as it is heavy guarded. I suppose you could ask Ragnolin Dourstone, the owner, but what if he is one of the Ebon Triad? He has a pretty solid reputation in the town, but there are rumors of a shady past. Of course that applies to almost everyone in this town. Also once in you would need to find where they are hiding, and for that we know one person who knows that information, Balabar Smenk."

Allustan looks at you after his long winded speech, "You have your work cut out for you. I am sending Marzena with the worm to another friend in Magnimar, Eligos. From there Marzena will head down to Blackwall keep on the northern border of the Mushfens to follow up on the green worms seen in the area around there."


{HP 63/65 | AC18/FF15/T13/CMD19 | F+8/R+9/W+3 | Inish +5, Per +9} Female Tiefling (Daemon-Spawn) Alchemist (Chirurgeon) 7

As Allustant talks on, Dryn's eyes become wider and wider, the questions appearing across her face. When finally he finishes, Dryn blinks for a moment, on the verge of a barrage of questions. Instead she simply sits back down, relaxing in her chair and utters a single word. "Wow."


Lizardman hp=75/76(AC23/ff23/t10) {F=+10/R=+5/W=+7} CMD 22 Paladin 7 (Shining Knight) Smite evil 0/3 - Lay on hands 1/6

Justin also is overwhelmed by the events that are sweeping him along like a roaring tide. An artifact that controls spheres that can destroy anything it touches. An evil cult with worms that live inside people. It appears Justin's wish to be born and live in exciting times has been granted.

Justin blinks his eyes a few times (unusual for lizardman) and is speechless.


Female Dwarf Witch/7 - (HP: 51/65; AC 16; FF 14; Touch 16; Init +2; Fort +6/8; Ref +5/+7; Will +7/+9

Aarakess calmly listens: Well, I suppose we shall just have to be more careful when we attack this cult. As we all saw with the death of Aroden, anything in this world can be brought down, some things just take longer.


Lizardman hp=75/76(AC23/ff23/t10) {F=+10/R=+5/W=+7} CMD 22 Paladin 7 (Shining Knight) Smite evil 0/3 - Lay on hands 1/6

Justin thanks Allustan for his help, "Thank you for letting me be a part of this. We need to stop these worms that decimated my tribe. I think we follow and stalk this Smenk like a panther stalking its quarry. I think we are still below his notice for now."


Allustan says, "Men like him only respect aggression and show of power. Your confrontation with Kullen got his attention. You could always find him in his mine office."


Male Half-Elven Ranger (Infiltrator): 7
Status:
(HP: 82/82; AC: 20(22)/13/20(22); CMD: 22; Fort +8, Ref: +7, Will: +3 [+5])

Kilthan whistles, then nods at Aarakess, "Aye. This is a battle that if it ends fast, it probably isn't going our way."

He pauses a moment and then asks, "Do we know of any churches or cults dedicated to one of the three? I certainly wouldn't mind engineering a situation where evil bleeds evil before we wade in."


Magnimar would be the most likely chance of it. Of course the town having the attention of these evil churches and its means of suppressing knowledge of this cult might have a high rate of innocent fatalities.


Female Dwarf Witch/7 - (HP: 51/65; AC 16; FF 14; Touch 16; Init +2; Fort +6/8; Ref +5/+7; Will +7/+9

Bringing this from the OOC thread.

Ok - I do not seem to have any cash listed on my character sheet. Did I forget to update it at some point?

DM Blood - If Allustan is willing, I would like to purchase the following 3 2nd level spells.

Summon Monster II, Returning Weapon, Web (Most are pretty standard wizard spells except Returning Weapon, so I assume he will have them). I will also purchase a scroll of Icicle Dagger in town if I can.

If Allustan allows it should be 225 for the 3 2nd level spells and 25 for Icicle Dagger since it is not a Wizard Spell.

Here are the commune with familiar rolls to add the spells.

Spellcraft(summon monster): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (16) + 10 = 26 vs. DC17
Spellcraft(returning weapon): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (19) + 10 = 29 vs. DC17
Spellcraft(web): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (17) + 10 = 27 vs. DC17
Spellcraft(icicle dagger): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (8) + 10 = 18 vs. DC16

DM Blood, I do not know if this will work, but I can create an Icicle Dagger, and cast Returning Weapon on it. The dagger will inflict 1 point of cold damage each time I hit. This will last 3 minutes, or thirty throws if allowed.


SMII and Web he has in his spellbook. For Icicle dagger and Returning Weapon it would have to be sent for from Magnimar (taking 1 week for it to arrive)

As for money I do not believe anything has been sold/divvied yet. I think you may have been waiting until the Cairn was cleared out.


Female Dwarf Witch/7 - (HP: 51/65; AC 16; FF 14; Touch 16; Init +2; Fort +6/8; Ref +5/+7; Will +7/+9

Ok - I will get the two from his spellbook (he will have to scribe a scroll for me as I do not think that he want me burning his spellbook). I will also order the Returning Weapon and Icicle Dagger. Total should be 150gp to Allustan and 175gp for the Magnimar order. I will just keep the rolls and add the spells as I get them.

Fortunately, Allustan was able to get scrolls, so I should be able to summon two ice elementals. Between myself and Rohara, hopefully we can eliminate the problem. I have also ordered several other interesting spells, but we will have to wait until next week for the scrolls to be delivered from Magnimar.

I will need a few hours to learn from the scrolls that Allustan had, but should be able to summon the elementals to hopefully destroy the ice tomorrow sometime.

Unless someone else wants to work up a sheet with the loot, I can do it tonight. As I am hoping to start my own campaign tomorrow or this weekend, I would prefer not taking on too much bookkeeping, but can do it if nobody else wants the duty.


Will start the action tomorrow!

FYI Tuesday I will be away from the computer for most of the day (Packers Shareholder's meeting). I will be able to check from phone but not much more than simple updating)


Lizardman hp=75/76(AC23/ff23/t10) {F=+10/R=+5/W=+7} CMD 22 Paladin 7 (Shining Knight) Smite evil 0/3 - Lay on hands 1/6

I will try to work on a spreadsheet for the party treasure.
We will pay off the house and order the furnishings.
If there are no objections, we sell of the silver operating instruments and emerald for 520gp and the keep the rest of the items to decorate the house for now. I am trying to get a hobbit ready for TOEE.


Justin, that's what I have been doing as well. Just need to put the finishing touches on.

Will be taking some liberties with you actions, let me know if you would do anything different.

The group heads back to the Cairn in the morning and moves the sarcophagus to the yellow lantern alcove. The elevator returns and the group goes down one by one. After heading to the room with the brown mold, Rohara and Aarakess summon an ice elemental, having them clear out patches of the dangerous hazard. A second round of conjuring is needed however to clear it out completely Including the room to the north

Room

You are able to approach the magical device making the orange sludge nutrient (the one that looks like vomit and tastes like gravy. One serving is enough to sustain a medium creature for one day. The basin holds 15 servings). As you get closer you notice there is a catch on the wall that you didn't see before because of the angle.

The room to the north is cleared of the brown mold and could be explored at any time.


Female Dwarf Witch/7 - (HP: 51/65; AC 16; FF 14; Touch 16; Init +2; Fort +6/8; Ref +5/+7; Will +7/+9

I am waiting - hope you are not shooting for a melee position as there are already a ton of melee applications - some of which appear to have taken the people at least 5, maybe even 10 minutes to put together. At least they make my job in selecting easier.


Female HP: 36/36, AC:16 / T12 / F14 CMD:15 Fort:2,Ref:6,Will:6 Aasimar Bard 4

Blood of Angels heritages are posted up in the recruitment tread for you and anyone else to use in your TOEE game.


Female Dwarf Witch/7 - (HP: 51/65; AC 16; FF 14; Touch 16; Init +2; Fort +6/8; Ref +5/+7; Will +7/+9

Lets check the room to the north first, then we can investigate what the catch does.


{HP 63/65 | AC18/FF15/T13/CMD19 | F+8/R+9/W+3 | Inish +5, Per +9} Female Tiefling (Daemon-Spawn) Alchemist (Chirurgeon) 7

"Sounds like a plan to me!" "But I wanna know what's behind it!"


Female HP: 36/36, AC:16 / T12 / F14 CMD:15 Fort:2,Ref:6,Will:6 Aasimar Bard 4

"Quickest way to find out is to throw the switch."


Female Dwarf Witch/7 - (HP: 51/65; AC 16; FF 14; Touch 16; Init +2; Fort +6/8; Ref +5/+7; Will +7/+9

Before we unleash something else unexpected, lets see what is to the north. Once we know that there are no unearthly beasts in there, then release the catch.

I turn and look at Ingrid and Dryn: Remember, it was not you two who felt the bite of those air warriors blades yesterday. I am sure that Justin and Kilthan would prefer not being turned into punching bags again if we can avoid it.


North Chamber wrote:
The ceiling of this chamber glows with what looks like natural sunlight, illuminating a series of worktables, vises, spinning wheels and blocks of unfinished marble that identify the room as a sculptor's workshop. A huge unfinished statue of an imposing bare-chested warrior wielding a staff-like rod in it's left hand dominates the north wall. The hairless figure looks similar to the bas-relief on the sarcophagus upstairs, but is clearly meant to be a different person. A short red pedestal against the south wall displays what appears to be a jet-black stone egg the size of a small boulder. A gold glyph - an equilateral triangle with hash marks through each leg - marks the face of the egg.

Knowledge (planes) DC 15 on symbol on the egg:

The gold symbol on the ebon egg is the personal device of Ogremoch, legendary elemental prince of evil

Knowledge (planes) DC 20 on symbol on the egg:

Ogremoch and a legion of lesser earth elementals were said to have served on the side of Lamashtu during the final battle of the War of Chaos with the Bralani.

The staff the statue is holding looks like could be pulled out of its hand


Female HP: 36/36, AC:16 / T12 / F14 CMD:15 Fort:2,Ref:6,Will:6 Aasimar Bard 4

Know(Planes): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16

"The gold symbol on this ebon egg is the personal device of Ogremoch, Legendary elemental prince of evil."


Female Dwarf Witch/7 - (HP: 51/65; AC 16; FF 14; Touch 16; Init +2; Fort +6/8; Ref +5/+7; Will +7/+9

Knowledge(planes): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22

Yup, that is correct. To the best of my knowledge, Ogremoch fought with a legion of lesser earth elementals on the side of Lamashtu during the final battle against Bralani during the War of Chaos.


{HP 63/65 | AC18/FF15/T13/CMD19 | F+8/R+9/W+3 | Inish +5, Per +9} Female Tiefling (Daemon-Spawn) Alchemist (Chirurgeon) 7

"But if this is a tomb to those Bralani peoples, why would they have an egg with their enemies symbol on it here? A forbidden treasure they set to hide? Or something more sinister? Ooh, ooh, is it magic?" If someone wants to Detect Magic on the egg, and maybe the staff. Or room.


Female Dwarf Witch/7 - (HP: 51/65; AC 16; FF 14; Touch 16; Init +2; Fort +6/8; Ref +5/+7; Will +7/+9

I cast Detect Magic.

Can we have a default of me always casting Detect Magic when we enter a room that does not contain monsters?


{HP 63/65 | AC18/FF15/T13/CMD19 | F+8/R+9/W+3 | Inish +5, Per +9} Female Tiefling (Daemon-Spawn) Alchemist (Chirurgeon) 7

All well and good until the Detect Magic trap goes off and BAM, blind. Actual trap I used once, players forced me to swear never to do it again.


Nothing in the room detects as magical

The statue is that of Icosiol and the staff appears just like the artifact rod he wielded during the Chaos War. It appears very well crafted. masterwork quality from what you can see from where you are


HP 69 of 69 - AC 23 (T 13, FF 20) - F +6, R +5, W +10

Knowledge (Planes) 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9

"Perhaps the egg was captured in battle or the like and brought here as a souvenir? the cleric suggests.

She then comments, "When it is safe maybe we should retrieve the egg and staff"

((For the Summon Monster spell, you mentioned 'round' of casting, the spell at this level last 3 rounds. Do we need to cast the spell twice, each? or was two ice elementals for 3 rounds enough)? ))

Status:
HP: 24/24 remaining
AC: 20 (18 Flat-footed / 12 Touch)
In Hand: Heavy mace and Shield
Conditions:
Spells (0-level, DC 14, at will) Create Water, Detect Magic, Light, Guidance;
(1st level, DC 15) Bless, Command, Comprehend Languages, True Strike (d)
(1st level, DC 15) Bull's Strength ©, Grace ©, Aid (d)
Channel Energy (2d6, DC 13) 5 of 7 remaining
Bit of Luck 7 of 7 remaining (Any time the target rolls a d20, he may roll twice and take the more favorable result)
Agile Feet 7 of 7 remaining (ignore all difficult terrain for 1 round)


Female Dwarf Witch/7 - (HP: 51/65; AC 16; FF 14; Touch 16; Init +2; Fort +6/8; Ref +5/+7; Will +7/+9

I think he said there were 14 squares and the Ice Elementals could take out 1 square per round - thus, 4x3 = 12. So, we got lucky and the elementals critted and took out 2 squares twice.
.
I think we are out of second level spells for the day.


I looked at it and while it was 14 squares, they were not 100% filled so I changed it to 12. And yes no 2nd level spells except Rohara's domain spell I suppose


{HP 63/65 | AC18/FF15/T13/CMD19 | F+8/R+9/W+3 | Inish +5, Per +9} Female Tiefling (Daemon-Spawn) Alchemist (Chirurgeon) 7

"I'll take a quick looksie, check out the statue and the pedastel quick. Just to see if anything's there."

I assume Ingrid's going to search too, but figure two chances are better than 1.

Perception (Egg Pedastel): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24

Perception (Staff Statue): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10


Female HP: 36/36, AC:16 / T12 / F14 CMD:15 Fort:2,Ref:6,Will:6 Aasimar Bard 4

Perception (Egg Pedastel): 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (11) + 14 = 25

Perception (Staff Statue): 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (12) + 14 = 26


Lizardman hp=75/76(AC23/ff23/t10) {F=+10/R=+5/W=+7} CMD 22 Paladin 7 (Shining Knight) Smite evil 0/3 - Lay on hands 1/6

Justin looks around and readies his trident.
"I think we want that rod. I just hope grabbing it doesn't trigger something bad."


As Dryn and Ingrid are contemplating and searching, they see the pole the creature is holding would work as a masterwork quarterstaff.

The metal the pedestal is made out of doesn't seem like anything you have seen before and would probably fetch a decent price though it weights well over 200 pounds. Other than its rarity, there isn't anything else special about the pedestal.


Lizardman hp=75/76(AC23/ff23/t10) {F=+10/R=+5/W=+7} CMD 22 Paladin 7 (Shining Knight) Smite evil 0/3 - Lay on hands 1/6

There may be something underneath that pedestal.

After the pedestal is examined, Justin will attempt to move the pedestal.

STR if needed1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22


The stone egg is still on top of the pedestal


Female Dwarf Witch/7 - (HP: 51/65; AC 16; FF 14; Touch 16; Init +2; Fort +6/8; Ref +5/+7; Will +7/+9

I go and look very closely at the egg to determine whether it perhaps hides anything that we have not yet detected.

Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (5) + 10 = 15 <-- carefully examining the egg

Knowledge(history): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9 <-- do I know anything more about Ogremarch or this symbol or statue?

Apparently I am blind and clueless today.


Male Half-Elven Ranger (Infiltrator): 7
Status:
(HP: 82/82; AC: 20(22)/13/20(22); CMD: 22; Fort +8, Ref: +7, Will: +3 [+5])

Kilthan says, "So, we grab the egg and then drag the pedestal out of here? Unusual metal can be pretty valuable."


Female HP: 36/36, AC:16 / T12 / F14 CMD:15 Fort:2,Ref:6,Will:6 Aasimar Bard 4

"I agree that Unusual metal can be valuable, but sometimes it's best not to touch it.
I once found an idol made of a slightly soft silvery medal, behind a lightly flowing waterfall.
The second the idol touched the water it exploded, good thing I threw the idol to my partner or I would have lost a hand or maybe even more."

Hopefully the GM has not read any Grimtooth's Traps,
The older ones especially.


I have it on my shelf

Aarakess, you see nothing unusual about the egg.

2,001 to 2,050 of 5,554 << first < prev | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Blood's Age Of Worms (Group 2) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.