Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

GM Blood's Age of Worms in Golarion #2

Game Master David James Olsen

Group 2 Map
Loot spreadsheet


1,951 to 2,000 of 5,584 << first < prev | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | next > last >>

Lizardman hp=75/76(AC23/ff23/t10) {F=+10/R=+5/W=+7} CMD 22 Paladin 7 (Shining Knight) Smite evil 0/3 - Lay on hands 1/6

"Well, that powerful rod had seven parts Rod of seven parts brings back memories. that were scattered. Maybe one of the rod pieces are in the sarcophagus. I guess we have to open the sarcophagus, but we should investigate it very carefully for traps and triggers."


Female Dwarf Witch/7 - (HP: 51/65; AC 16; FF 14; Touch 16; Init +2; Fort +6/8; Ref +5/+7; Will +7/+9

I doubt the sphere is in there unless some even more powerful magic is protecting the sarcophagus. A piece or the rod is possible. Whatever it is, it is powerful. I just hope that it is items, and not some type of powerful creature.


Lizardman hp=75/76(AC23/ff23/t10) {F=+10/R=+5/W=+7} CMD 22 Paladin 7 (Shining Knight) Smite evil 0/3 - Lay on hands 1/6

Justin unpacks his well used rope. "Here is where our master crypt opener probably carefully checks out the coffin and opens it with everyone else safely away from danger. I can quickly haul them to safety in case something untoward happens if we secure them with this rope."


Female HP: 36/36, AC:16 / T12 / F14 CMD:15 Fort:2,Ref:6,Will:6 Aasimar Bard 4

Ingrid casts detect magic, and looks at the sarcophagus.


GM Blood wrote:

Aarakess, you sense very powerful magic coming from the sarcophagus, so powerful that you have to stop using the spell or be overwhelmed.

Insert your name above Ingrid


Male Half-Elven Ranger (Infiltrator): 7
Status:
(HP: 82/82; AC: 20(22)/13/20(22); CMD: 22; Fort +8, Ref: +7, Will: +3 [+5])

Kilthan says, "Me too. Last creatures did a number on us."


Kilthan and Justin flip a coin to see which will get a beating this time

1d2 ⇒ 2 1=J 2=K

Kilthan approaches the sarcophagus, rope around his waist. As he steps onto the top step, the bas-relief sculpture animates and says [b]"SPEAK MY NAME"[/b


Female Dwarf Witch/7 - (HP: 51/65; AC 16; FF 14; Touch 16; Init +2; Fort +6/8; Ref +5/+7; Will +7/+9

Aarakess looks around at the rather beat up group.

Rohara, you wouldn't happen to have another one of those blasts of divine healing would you. While we are all alive, a number of us appear a little beaten up.

RETCON - If Ingrid was injured before resting, I would have used a Healing Hex on her.
Healing Hex-before resting: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

EDIT - ninjaed by the DM. I would have said this before approaching if possible.


I assumed everyone was healed or close to healed by Rohara's 9 channeled and your healing touch from yesterday and or today (except maybe Kilthan and Justin, you can do any of that before he goes up the steps)


Female HP: 36/36, AC:16 / T12 / F14 CMD:15 Fort:2,Ref:6,Will:6 Aasimar Bard 4

Sorry, Forgot to update the character field after Rohara's healing


Female Dwarf Witch/7 - (HP: 51/65; AC 16; FF 14; Touch 16; Init +2; Fort +6/8; Ref +5/+7; Will +7/+9

I think that Justin and Kilthan are both down a little, 1 or 2 Channel Energy should do it.

Hearing the question, I cast Message and point at Kilthan before whispering:

I imagine it is the Bralani Wind Duke, Icosiol. But it could also be his general Zosiel whose glyphs have appeared throughout the cairn.

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 24 <-- Do I see anything to indicate whether this is the Duke or his general?


HP 69 of 69 - AC 23 (T 13, FF 20) - F +6, R +5, W +10

Yes, healing as everyone woke up after resting and before exploring too far...

The cleric concentrates and calls forth the holy energies once again to heal Kilthan and Justin... Channel Energy (healing) 1d6 + 1d6 ⇒ (2) + (6) = 8 healed

After hearing of the intense magics, Rohara decides not to see what she can also detect at this time. She does seem quite intrigued.

Status:
HP: 13/13 remaining
AC: 20 (18 Flat-footed / 12 Touch)
In Hand: Heavy mace and Shield
Conditions: bless (15 rounds remaining)
Spells (0-level, DC 13, at will) Create Water, Detect Magic, Light, Guidance; (1st level, DC 14) Bless (x2), Comprehend Languages, True Strike (d)
Channel Energy (1d6, DC 13) 5 of 7 remaining
Bit of Luck 6 of 6 remaining (Any time the target rolls a d20, he may roll twice and take the more favorable result)
Agile Feet 6 of 6 remaining (ignore all difficult terrain for 1 round)


Aarakess Halcorn wrote:


Hearing the question, I cast Message and point at Kilthan before whispering:

I imagine it is the Bralani Wind Duke, Icosiol. But it could also be his general Zosiel whose glyphs have appeared throughout the cairn.

Perception: 1d20+9 <-- Do I see anything to indicate whether this is the Duke or his general?

The glyph on the diamdem both on the sarcophagus and the picture matches the others you have seen all around of Zosiel.


Female Dwarf Witch/7 - (HP: 51/65; AC 16; FF 14; Touch 16; Init +2; Fort +6/8; Ref +5/+7; Will +7/+9

Whisper - Kilthan, if I had to guess, it is actually Zosiel. It is his glyph on the sarcophagus.


Lizardman hp=75/76(AC23/ff23/t10) {F=+10/R=+5/W=+7} CMD 22 Paladin 7 (Shining Knight) Smite evil 0/3 - Lay on hands 1/6

Justin agrees, "Zosiel."
Icosiol should have been annihilated with nothing left to bury.


Male Half-Elven Ranger (Infiltrator): 7
Status:
(HP: 82/82; AC: 20(22)/13/20(22); CMD: 22; Fort +8, Ref: +7, Will: +3 [+5])

Kilthan closes his eyes, Well, here goes..., and says "Zosiel" in as firm a voice as he can manage.

Yay, channel = full healed!


After saying Zosiel, the image fades back into the wall and the chamber grows still. The sarcophagus before you up to this point was completely sealed with no seam showing. As you say the words a bright blue light shines around the sarcophagus lid, fading a few moments later. Looking at it again there now a seam revealing the lid.

Also to be clear, the mural in this room depicts Zosiel's death


{HP 63/65 | AC18/FF15/T13/CMD19 | F+8/R+9/W+3 | Inish +5, Per +9} Female Tiefling (Daemon-Spawn) Alchemist (Chirurgeon) 7

I drink mutagen.


Female Dwarf Witch/7 - (HP: 51/65; AC 16; FF 14; Touch 16; Init +2; Fort +6/8; Ref +5/+7; Will +7/+9

Aarakess lets out a deep breath of relief as the image fades:

Well, that could have gone much worse.

I case Detect Magic again and see whether there is any more sources of magic apparent now that the being has been released.


Aarakess, same as before. Something powerfully magical is inside


Female Dwarf Witch/7 - (HP: 51/65; AC 16; FF 14; Touch 16; Init +2; Fort +6/8; Ref +5/+7; Will +7/+9

Be careful, something with powerful magic remains within.


{HP 63/65 | AC18/FF15/T13/CMD19 | F+8/R+9/W+3 | Inish +5, Per +9} Female Tiefling (Daemon-Spawn) Alchemist (Chirurgeon) 7

Dryn takes up a position with a clear shot, mixture and catalyst in hand, ready to mix in case something horrible comes out. Something horrible, like wind. Nasty man-shaped wind with swords for hands, wanting to cut up Kilthan and Justin again. "Be careful."


The lid is not trapped and it is removed with ease.

Inside lays a couple of items:

A slight silver diadem inscribed with Zosiel's personal glyph.

Two long slightly curved black horns with red tips.

A pewter box inscribed with alien writhing letterforms. The metal holding the box together has melted in the past making the box sealed.

Knowledge (planes) or (religion) DC 15 to ID Glyphs on Box:

The Glyphs are those of the Demon Queen Lamashtu.


Female Dwarf Witch/7 - (HP: 51/65; AC 16; FF 14; Touch 16; Init +2; Fort +6/8; Ref +5/+7; Will +7/+9

Knowledge(planes): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20

Careful with that box. Those glyphs are of the Beast Queen Lamashtu.


Lizardman hp=75/76(AC23/ff23/t10) {F=+10/R=+5/W=+7} CMD 22 Paladin 7 (Shining Knight) Smite evil 0/3 - Lay on hands 1/6

"I think our patron would be best consulted before opening that box."


HP 69 of 69 - AC 23 (T 13, FF 20) - F +6, R +5, W +10

Knowledge (religion) 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25

"The Demon Mother... It is sealed for a reason, and with that glyph, I suggest leaving it closed."


Lizardman hp=75/76(AC23/ff23/t10) {F=+10/R=+5/W=+7} CMD 22 Paladin 7 (Shining Knight) Smite evil 0/3 - Lay on hands 1/6

"Check it for secret compartments." Justin will help rap to find hollow spaces in the treasure box. He will also compare the inside and outside dimensions to make sure there is not volume inside 'unaccounted for'.


So you are opening the box?


Lizardman hp=75/76(AC23/ff23/t10) {F=+10/R=+5/W=+7} CMD 22 Paladin 7 (Shining Knight) Smite evil 0/3 - Lay on hands 1/6

We are bringing the pewter box back unopened. Justin doesn't even want to touch it. It is the sarcophagus I am concerned with having a secret compartment.
I said treasure box when I meant sarcophagus. The pewter box looks much too intimidating to think of opening here.


The sarcophagus has nothing hidden in it.


Female Dwarf Witch/7 - (HP: 51/65; AC 16; FF 14; Touch 16; Init +2; Fort +6/8; Ref +5/+7; Will +7/+9

Aarakess looks at the items and examines them for magical auras:

Spellcraft(silver diadem): 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (7) + 11 = 18
Spellcraft(horns): 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (7) + 11 = 18


The diadem gives off a moderate transformation aura but you are unable to figure out what it does

The horns are non magical, but appear to be the demon horns from the mural and should be worth something.

The box is not magical, but whatever is inside it powerful.


Female Dwarf Witch/7 - (HP: 51/65; AC 16; FF 14; Touch 16; Init +2; Fort +6/8; Ref +5/+7; Will +7/+9

I do not know what the diadem does, it may take more research unless one of you gals can discern what it does. The horns are not magical, but came from the evil creature pictured there. I point at the picture.

And whatever is in the box is very powerful. I agree that it is time to return and talk with out sponsor.


Female HP: 36/36, AC:16 / T12 / F14 CMD:15 Fort:2,Ref:6,Will:6 Aasimar Bard 4

"Then I think the box should be opened with care since we don't know what's in it."


Male Half-Elven Ranger (Infiltrator): 7
Status:
(HP: 82/82; AC: 20(22)/13/20(22); CMD: 22; Fort +8, Ref: +7, Will: +3 [+5])

Kilthan shrugs, "You guys know abut this stuff -- I trust you to not get us killed."


OK, you are pretty sure you have explored the whole Cairn, minus the section around and behind the Brown Mold that you couldn't get rid of. What's your plan now?


Female HP: 36/36, AC:16 / T12 / F14 CMD:15 Fort:2,Ref:6,Will:6 Aasimar Bard 4

anyone have a few flasks of Liquid ice (Advent Armoury, page 11.)


Lizardman hp=75/76(AC23/ff23/t10) {F=+10/R=+5/W=+7} CMD 22 Paladin 7 (Shining Knight) Smite evil 0/3 - Lay on hands 1/6

Straight to our sponsor. With the new artifacts carefully secured.

Justin first says a prayer for the valiant warrior. He will grab the everything torch on the way out


You make your way back to town and to Allustan's place. You fill him in on everything you saw. He takes a look at the diadem and after studying it says

"This seems have have some remnant left of that Bralani general Zosiel. Maybe the manner of his death has done something strange. For now it appears that wearing this diadem will impact some of Zosiel's willpower, common sense, awareness, and intuition to its wielder. Yet I sense something special about this item. I think it would be wise to keep and use this is your days ahead." Acts as a Headband of Inspired Wisdom +2

Allustan inspects the demon horns and says, "These appear to be of some value, I think these would be worth about 50gp each."

He inspects the box for a bit, furrowing his brow, "I sense nothing odd or special about the box, but something powerful is indeed inside." He hands the box back over, "It is up to you whether you choose to open it. Anything could be inside that box, all I know is that box isn't protecting against whatever is inside, for as far as I can tell."


Ingrid Anika Nina Jones wrote:
anyone have a few flasks of Liquid ice (Advent Armoury, page 11.)

You could get some in town at the General Store. You estimate it would take at the minimum 3 perfectly placed flasks to get rid of the brown mold. Each Liquid Ice costs 46gp so it would cost 138gp to clear it out. (assuming you didn't flub a throw)


Female Dwarf Witch/7 - (HP: 51/65; AC 16; FF 14; Touch 16; Init +2; Fort +6/8; Ref +5/+7; Will +7/+9

Headband goes to Rohara unless someone else thinks it would be better for them. Lets keeps the horns, they are worth something, but would look great over the mantlepiece in the new house.

As far as the box goes, there is a spell that will improve my ability to identify the aura from within the box. I do not know it, but it is a relatively easy spell that I am sure we could purchase in town for 25gp or so.

While I do not know the spell yet, I believe that I am almost powerful enough to summon creature from other planes. I might be able to summon a small elemental made of ice which should solve the brown mold problem. The spell should cost less than any alchemical ice we could create and I would be able to use the spell whenever I have it memorized.


Aarakess, the aura from inside is transmutation.


Female Dwarf Witch/7 - (HP: 51/65; AC 16; FF 14; Touch 16; Init +2; Fort +6/8; Ref +5/+7; Will +7/+9

Spellcraft(box): 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (12) + 11 = 23 <-- can I figure out what it is?


The box itself is not magical. You will need to open up the box to see what is inside if you want to know what it holds.

Yay 2,000 posts!


{HP 63/65 | AC18/FF15/T13/CMD19 | F+8/R+9/W+3 | Inish +5, Per +9} Female Tiefling (Daemon-Spawn) Alchemist (Chirurgeon) 7

Conceivably I could make the Liquid Ice, but it might take me a week or two (it'd go faster next level!). Also I can do Identify extracts starting tomorrow as well, if for no other reason than to at least assist the checks for that little bonus.


HP 69 of 69 - AC 23 (T 13, FF 20) - F +6, R +5, W +10

The woman looks to the others, "So the box is doing nothing to protect against what is within... That is rather disturbing in its own right. It also means if whatever is within is bad, the box is doing nothing to protect anyone. With Allustan close by, perhaps this is now the time to see what lies within. This will be the best time to do so."

Open after some rest... and a few protect from evil spells, just for safety.

On our way out, do we remove and take a few lanterns (or all) to decorate the house, and prevent others from going in as far as we have?


Male Half-Elven Ranger (Infiltrator): 7
Status:
(HP: 82/82; AC: 20(22)/13/20(22); CMD: 22; Fort +8, Ref: +7, Will: +3 [+5])

Kilthan smiles grimly and says, "If the box isn't helping, then we're already tainted or infected or whatever. Might as well see what's potentially killing us?"

He then looks at his companions, waiting to see if they get the joke.


Female Dwarf Witch/7 - (HP: 51/65; AC 16; FF 14; Touch 16; Init +2; Fort +6/8; Ref +5/+7; Will +7/+9

I do believe what was killing you were vapor swords, not this little box. If you all wish to open in, then lets do it. All that I sense is that this is some type of transmutation magic.

Dryn or Ingrid, would one of you like the honors?

Or, I do not know how hard it would be, but I could use the wand to summon an Unseen Servant to open the box and we can all stay a distance away. If it is something bad, this should give us protection. On the other hand, if it is something good, then we may miss out on a boon.


The clasps are melted shut, so it would take some force to open it, it would have to be from one of you


HP 69 of 69 - AC 23 (T 13, FF 20) - F +6, R +5, W +10

"If we waited until the morning, then I may have some protections for whomever opens the box. the cleric suggests.

She then turns to the paladin, "I do not recall if you have tried already, but does this, 'thing, radiate evil at all?"

1,951 to 2,000 of 5,584 << first < prev | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Blood's Age Of Worms (Group 2) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.