Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

GM Blood's Age of Worms in Golarion #2

Game Master David James Olsen

Group 2 Map
Loot spreadsheet


151 to 200 of 6,416 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Map

Kilthian stealthily moves north

Quote:
The central hallway opens into a large chamber with wings leading to the east and west. Across the chamber to the north yawns a twenty-foot-wide open arch draped from top to bottom in translucent cobwebs. An eerie green light flickers from beyond the webs, casting strange shadows about this room. The place smells of animal spoor and wet fur.

To the west

Quote:
To the west, three short stairs lead to a wide marble dais, but the far end of the wing is obscured by darkness. You can make out part of the north and south walls of the dais and can see a faded fresco on each. Oddly, each wall appears to have a painting of hallways on them, but you’ll need to get closer for more detail.

To the East

Quote:
To the east, huge slabs of cracked masonry and irregular piles of scattered debris choke much of the passage, but unlike the passage to the south, this one does have an area that, while not free of debris, looks passable.


Female Dwarf Witch/9 - (HP: 83/83; AC 16; FF 14; Touch 16; Fort +7/+9; Ref +6/+8; Will +8/+10; Init +2; Per +11/+13

You did not use your DM Blood alias if you want to change it before it locks in.

Seeing the area, I cast Detect Magic and scan all three alcoves to determine whether there is anything we should be aware of.

Cast - Detect Magic

Lets take it slow and not get surprised as before. Also, something obviously made those webs, everyone look carefully to make sure that we don't get surprised.

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12

EDIT - I will move around the area so that the Detect Magic covers the entire area. It has a 60' range cone.


{HP 74/74 | AC18/FF14/T14/CMD21 | F+9/R+11/W+3 | Inish +4, Per +11}

Dryn'taka glances at the webs. "Maybe try lighting them on fire and see what comes out? I could still make a few incendiaries with what I have on me."

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23


Lizardman hp=97/97(AC24/ff24/t11) {F=+11/R=+6/W=+8} CMD 25 Paladin 9 (Shining Knight) Smite evil 0/3 - Lay on hands 5/7

Justin gestures to Kilthan pointing to his eyes and then east.

He directs Scout's attention to the east.
Scout Perception 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11

I would not want to leave an undiscovered lair behind me.


No magic detects from any direction

Scout doesn't seem to want to go any closer to the east and is growling.

The webs have tiny spiders crawling on it, but nothing that should hurt you. Past the webs you notice stairs going down. The green glow still comes from behind there.


Lizardman hp=97/97(AC24/ff24/t11) {F=+11/R=+6/W=+8} CMD 25 Paladin 9 (Shining Knight) Smite evil 0/3 - Lay on hands 5/7

After noting his dogs behaviour, "It looks like something to the east, possibly a lair. Any chance of making me larger before Kilthan I head in?"

Justin unslings and readies a greatsword and prepares to find out what is causing his dog's agitation.


Female HP: 36/36, AC:16 / T12 / F14 CMD:15 Fort:2,Ref:6,Will:6 Aasimar Bard 4

after the charcoal copy is done

after hearing the dog's growling
"I think there is more here than meets the eye."

she readies herself.


Female Dwarf Witch/9 - (HP: 83/83; AC 16; FF 14; Touch 16; Fort +7/+9; Ref +6/+8; Will +8/+10; Init +2; Per +11/+13

Justin, right behind you. As soon as I see anything, I will make you larger. I can only do it twice and it only lasts for a minute or so, so I would prefer holding off until we need it.

Expecting the worse, Aarakess casts Mage Armor --> +4 to AC for 1 hour.

I follow right behind Justin in case we meet anything and I need to enlarge him.


Just a note, to get on the other side of the rubble you have to crawl if medium sized or duck slightly if small sized. Large sized would not fit and squeezing wouldn't work in this case. I believe enlarge has a range so it could be once on the other side.

To the west on the dais the rest of you see this when checking it out

Quote:
A wide dais spanning the back half of the western wing calls attention to the faded fresco upon the south, west, and north walls. From a vantage point at the center of the dais, the wall painting makes it look like you stand within a massive room with seven short hallways radiating outward from a central point. A chain dangles from the ceiling at the end of each hallway, and each chain bears a gleaming colored lantern. Clockwise, the colors are red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo and violet.

Crawling to the other side, Justin and Aarakess sees

Quote:

The far side of the rubble is rank with the smell of wild animals. Irregular piles of rubble litter the den, as do hundreds of bones and bone fragments. Most look like they belong to animals, but some are unmistakeably human.

Justin and Arakess see an old leather backpack half buried under some bones in the north end of the room. Arakess sees something sparkle in the south end of the den.

GM Blood:

[ooc]Perception Justin D'Rite[ooc] 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (9) - 1 = 8
[ooc]Perception Aarakess Halcorn[ooc] 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24


Lizardman hp=97/97(AC24/ff24/t11) {F=+11/R=+6/W=+8} CMD 25 Paladin 9 (Shining Knight) Smite evil 0/3 - Lay on hands 5/7

Justin nods, "Let us see what is on the other side. Kilthan, I'll go first this time."

Justin concentrates for a half minute to see if there are any evil auras and then continues through the opening.

In Hands:greatsword.


HP 90 of 90 - AC 26 (T 15, FF 22) - F +8, R +5, W +11

Rohara follows behind the the group as the continue deeper into the cairn. There is much of interest within this place... many dangers too I suspect.

The woman follows a decent distance behind the the lizardman and teifling, having to rely on her light spell to see in the darkness.

Status:
HP: 7/8 remaining
AC: 20 (18 Flat-footed / 12 Touch)
In Hand: Mace and shield
Conditions: none
Spells (0-level, DC 13, at will) Create Water, Detect Magic, Light; (1st level, DC 14) Bless x2, True Strike (d)
Channel Energy (1d6, DC 12) 6 of 7 remaining
Bit of Luck 6 of 6 remaining (Any time the target rolls a d20, he may roll twice and take the more favorable result)
Agile Feet 5 of 6 remaining (ignore all difficult terrain for 1 round)
ActionsFollows behind at about 25-30 feet


Lizardman hp=97/97(AC24/ff24/t11) {F=+11/R=+6/W=+8} CMD 25 Paladin 9 (Shining Knight) Smite evil 0/3 - Lay on hands 5/7

"I'll get the backpack." Justin retrieves the backpack.


Female Dwarf Witch/9 - (HP: 83/83; AC 16; FF 14; Touch 16; Fort +7/+9; Ref +6/+8; Will +8/+10; Init +2; Per +11/+13

There is something sparkling in the south end of the den. Lets see what it is, probably something one of these poor souls was carrying when the wolves got him.

I cast Detect Magic and scan the room, concentrating on the sparkly thing in particular.


Justin opens the backpack and finds an elaborate lantern of indigo metal inset with indigo glass panes.

Aarakess detects no magic and as she gets closer she discovers a intricately carved armband of unmistakeable elven craftsmanship, with a repeating leaf motif.


Lizardman hp=97/97(AC24/ff24/t11) {F=+11/R=+6/W=+8} CMD 25 Paladin 9 (Shining Knight) Smite evil 0/3 - Lay on hands 5/7

"I have seen nothing to indicate why Scout is so upset. He has shown no previous enmity for elven craftsmanship before."

Justin calls Scout and sees if the dog can provide more clues to any threats in here.

"Kilthan, want to come look and see if keen eyes trained by dwarves can see something we are missing?"


Justin is fairly sure Scout is upset because of the wolf smells in the den


Lizardman hp=97/97(AC24/ff24/t11) {F=+11/R=+6/W=+8} CMD 25 Paladin 9 (Shining Knight) Smite evil 0/3 - Lay on hands 5/7

"Oh, it is the wolf smells. Well, shall we explore the west alcove and the pretty colors on the wall next?"

Justin motions to the exit and makes sure Arakess gets safely out before following.


Female HP: 36/36, AC:16 / T12 / F14 CMD:15 Fort:2,Ref:6,Will:6 Aasimar Bard 4

she relaxes a bit
"So it's just a false alarm, that's good to hear."


Repost of the West description

Quote:
A wide dais spanning the back half of the western wing calls attention to the faded fresco upon the south, west, and north walls. From a vantage point at the center of the dais, the wall painting makes it look like you stand within a massive room with seven short hallways radiating outward from a central point. A chain dangles from the ceiling at the end of each hallway, and each chain bears a gleaming colored lantern. Clockwise, the colors are red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo and violet.


Female Dwarf Witch/9 - (HP: 83/83; AC 16; FF 14; Touch 16; Fort +7/+9; Ref +6/+8; Will +8/+10; Init +2; Per +11/+13

Interesting, and very pretty. One does not see many items of such fine elvish workmanship in this area. And that lantern is very interesting, I wonder whether it has some other use?

Appraise on Armband: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17
Appraise on Lantern: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

Knowledge(History/Arcana/Nature): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25 <-- do I know anything about either the lantern or the armband that might indicate their origin or usage?

I walk over and look at the paintings more carefully. This is very interesting. I wonder whether the strange indigo lamp that we just found might be connected with this. These are the colors of the rainbow. Perhaps the lantern is some type of a key.


Female HP: 36/36, AC:16 / T12 / F14 CMD:15 Fort:2,Ref:6,Will:6 Aasimar Bard 4

"I agree with your assessment, about the lantern"


Vitals (Kilthan):
(HP: 107/107; AC: 22(24)/14/20(22); CMD: 25; Fort +11, Ref: +8, Will: +4 [+6]; Rage: 8/8)
Male Half-Elven Ranger (Infiltrator): 8/Bloodrager (Spelleater): 1
Vitals (Jagdbach):
(HP: 81/81 (105/105); AC: 25(23)/13(11)/22(20); CMD: 23 (25) {27 (29) trip}; Fort +9(+11), Ref: +10, Will: +3(+5); {+4 v. enchantments})

Kilthan scans the room one additional time, just to be sure. After missing the wolves, I'd best keep on my toes..

He then looks up at the paintings, and nods, "That does seem likely."

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16


You appraise the armband and think it worth about 75 gold, but could be worth up to 100gp to an elf. The lantern worth you are not sure.

Nothing about historically comes to mind about the armband or lantern.

The design of the indigo lantern matches the design of the lanterns depicted in the painting.

Kilthan scans the wolf den once more and discovers a marble index finger. It looks like it could have been broken off a statue.


Female Dwarf Witch/9 - (HP: 83/83; AC 16; FF 14; Touch 16; Fort +7/+9; Ref +6/+8; Will +8/+10; Init +2; Per +11/+13

I carefully look at the paintings seeing whether there are any places to put the lantern. I also look for any holes that the finger might fit into.

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23


In the painting you see the indigo lantern depicted, but no place to hang it on the actual painting. The finger does not seem to fit anywhere.


Female Dwarf Witch/9 - (HP: 83/83; AC 16; FF 14; Touch 16; Fort +7/+9; Ref +6/+8; Will +8/+10; Init +2; Per +11/+13

Well all, there is one other thing that we can try. Shall we light the lantern? It does not appear to be magic, but I have read about stranger things.


The lantern is built differently, it isn't meant to hold oil but to hold a torch or something similar of that size and shape.


Vitals (Kilthan):
(HP: 107/107; AC: 22(24)/14/20(22); CMD: 25; Fort +11, Ref: +8, Will: +4 [+6]; Rage: 8/8)
Male Half-Elven Ranger (Infiltrator): 8/Bloodrager (Spelleater): 1
Vitals (Jagdbach):
(HP: 81/81 (105/105); AC: 25(23)/13(11)/22(20); CMD: 23 (25) {27 (29) trip}; Fort +9(+11), Ref: +10, Will: +3(+5); {+4 v. enchantments})

Do the hallways depicted look at all like the hallway we came in from (minus the collapse)?


It does not look like anywhere in here you have been to yet.


Female Dwarf Witch/9 - (HP: 83/83; AC 16; FF 14; Touch 16; Fort +7/+9; Ref +6/+8; Will +8/+10; Init +2; Per +11/+13

Does anyone have a torch or something that will burn similarly? This rather odd lantern does not seem to use oil as do most, but rather an old fashioned torch.


Lizardman hp=97/97(AC24/ff24/t11) {F=+11/R=+6/W=+8} CMD 25 Paladin 9 (Shining Knight) Smite evil 0/3 - Lay on hands 5/7

Justin produces two torches and uses his flint and steel to light one. He places it in the lantern and makes sure the light shines into the painting with the indigo lamp.

No real chains exist, just paintings of lanterns on chains in each hallway?


Correct the painting shows the seven hallways with lit lanterns

Justin lights the lamp and a pleasant glow comes off of the lantern. Nothing happens with the painting however. Walking around a little bit has no effect on anything either.


HP 90 of 90 - AC 26 (T 15, FF 22) - F +8, R +5, W +11

She watches and waits to see if anything will occur with the lamp and then suggests, "Perhaps this depicts another room, or rooms, within this place somewhere. Otherwise, where would the lamp of come from in the first place?"

"The colors," she points to those about the room in the painting, "Seem to be similar to that of a rainbow.

Status:
HP: 7/8 remaining
AC: 20 (18 Flat-footed / 12 Touch)
In Hand: Mace and shield
Conditions: none
Spells (0-level, DC 13, at will) Create Water, Detect Magic, Light; (1st level, DC 14) Bless x2, True Strike (d)
Channel Energy (1d6, DC 12) 6 of 7 remaining
Bit of Luck 6 of 6 remaining (Any time the target rolls a d20, he may roll twice and take the more favorable result)
Agile Feet 5 of 6 remaining (ignore all difficult terrain for 1 round)
Actions


Lizardman hp=97/97(AC24/ff24/t11) {F=+11/R=+6/W=+8} CMD 25 Paladin 9 (Shining Knight) Smite evil 0/3 - Lay on hands 5/7

With one hand on his holy symbol the other one holding the lantern and a belief bordering on the mystic of what magic and faith can do, Justin puts his hand out and walks down the indigo corridor half believing he can do it.


Either because you didn't believe enough or because it won't work, Justin is not able to enter the painting.

Rohara's suggestion seems plausible and there is the stairs behind the cobwebs going north yet to investigate.


Female Dwarf Witch/9 - (HP: 83/83; AC 16; FF 14; Touch 16; Fort +7/+9; Ref +6/+8; Will +8/+10; Init +2; Per +11/+13

After watching Justin walk into the wall, Aarakess lets out a brief giggle. At some point in the future, I am sure we will have the ability to walk through stone, for now though, I am afraid we will have to find another way in.

I believe that if we eliminate these webs, there are stairs leading down, that appears to be where the green glow is emanating from.

Aarakess takes the torch and carefully begins to wave it to burn away the cobwebs.


The cobwebs burn away easily scattering the tiny spiders. You cautiously head down with Kilthian in the lead.

Map of Room

Quote:

A wide stairway descends into an immense domed chamber. Seven short tunnels branch from the room in all directions, extending some thirty feet before ending in rounded walls. At the terminus of each passage, a thick chain dangles from an unseen high ceiling. Five of the chains bear colorful lanterns, but two hold nothing at all. Opposite the entry stairs, a bright green lantern containing what looks like a torch casts a weird, murky light about the room. Countless chips of glass and shiny metal inset into the chamber's domed ceiling reflect this light, giving the impression of starlight and falling snow. The dome starts about ten feet off the ground and reaches an apex about thirty feet over the center of the room.

Below the dome's peak, a long dais holds what appears to be a marble sarcophagus. A milky white bas-relief figure, perhaps of a human, rests passively upon the sarchophagus lid. Unlike the rest of the tomb, this room is completely silent.


Lizardman hp=97/97(AC24/ff24/t11) {F=+11/R=+6/W=+8} CMD 25 Paladin 9 (Shining Knight) Smite evil 0/3 - Lay on hands 5/7

Justin hands the pack and the lantern to Ingrid and speaks to her,"Lady, maybe you can figure out more about this, I'll stick more to what I know."

Justin draws his sword and follows Aarakess and edges past her without being rude when the first opportunity presents itself.


Female Dwarf Witch/9 - (HP: 83/83; AC 16; FF 14; Touch 16; Fort +7/+9; Ref +6/+8; Will +8/+10; Init +2; Per +11/+13

Starting left to right - Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, Indigo, Violet. It looks like five are already in place with two remaining. The green one hanging there I am assuming that it is not in its passage. and the indigo one we found upstairs. How very interesting. I wonder what will happen when all of them are in place.

We should be prepared for something arising from this sarcophagus if nothing else.


{HP 74/74 | AC18/FF14/T14/CMD21 | F+9/R+11/W+3 | Inish +4, Per +11}

Dryn'taka looks around at the lanterns. "Do we need torches for all of them? And do we have enough?"


Lizardman hp=97/97(AC24/ff24/t11) {F=+11/R=+6/W=+8} CMD 25 Paladin 9 (Shining Knight) Smite evil 0/3 - Lay on hands 5/7

"I brought two only, we may be able to cut some from trees outside with Kilthan's axe."


Female Dwarf Witch/9 - (HP: 83/83; AC 16; FF 14; Touch 16; Fort +7/+9; Ref +6/+8; Will +8/+10; Init +2; Per +11/+13

If necessary, someone could run back to town. It is only fifteen minutes or so.


The green lantern is indeed in it passageway hanging from a chain giving off light. (that was the green light you have seen from the beginning, the others are dark)The lanterns missing from their hallway are red and indigo.

This looks exactly like the area depicted in the picture upstairs.


{HP 74/74 | AC18/FF14/T14/CMD21 | F+9/R+11/W+3 | Inish +4, Per +11}

"We should probably fine the red lanter... How did the lantern get lit anyway?" Dryn'taka looks puzzled at the hanging lantern. "Should we go check it out? It's probably magic!"


Lizardman hp=97/97(AC24/ff24/t11) {F=+11/R=+6/W=+8} CMD 25 Paladin 9 (Shining Knight) Smite evil 0/3 - Lay on hands 5/7

Justin concentrates and wrinkles some scales on his forehead then speaks carfully, "Let us look at the hallway again that the red and indigo lamp go in so we do not mix them up when we hang the lights. There has to be some feature to distinguish them. Maybe Ingrid can make some charcoal sketches. We can go back to town when we need to rest, but right now we are fine."


Female Dwarf Witch/9 - (HP: 83/83; AC 16; FF 14; Touch 16; Fort +7/+9; Ref +6/+8; Will +8/+10; Init +2; Per +11/+13

Well, as I said, there were seven alcoves on the upper floor. But we were unable to look at one of them because of the cave in. Let us head back up and carefully search the whole area. But also, lets search this sarcophagus to see if it holds any hints.

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19


Lizardman hp=97/97(AC24/ff24/t11) {F=+11/R=+6/W=+8} CMD 25 Paladin 9 (Shining Knight) Smite evil 0/3 - Lay on hands 5/7

Justin gets agitated at the suggestion to search the sarcophagus.
"I think we should carefully look in the alcoves in this room before disturbing the sarcophagus. Restoring these lanterns could be critical to defeating whatever is in there."

Justin shivers in fear and then anger as the sarcophagus reminds him of the death to his tribe visited by the worms.

"I wish to be as prepared as possible when we open that. I would be tempted to soak the entire surrounding area in lamp oil before opening that sarcophagus."


Aarakess There are six alcoves upstairs unless you consider the 7th one as the steps leading down to this room.

OK, so sarcophagus or alcoves in this room or search upstairs carefully??


HP 90 of 90 - AC 26 (T 15, FF 22) - F +8, R +5, W +11

"I could cast a light spell within a lantern. It will last tenn minutes or so, but should work well enough to give off light for our purposes." Rohara comments.

"Sure, lets take a quick look at this thing while we are here. I might feel a bit safer if we searched all of the area we came from before going into somewhere new.." The woman says in support of Aarakess' suggestion.


Vitals (Kilthan):
(HP: 107/107; AC: 22(24)/14/20(22); CMD: 25; Fort +11, Ref: +8, Will: +4 [+6]; Rage: 8/8)
Male Half-Elven Ranger (Infiltrator): 8/Bloodrager (Spelleater): 1
Vitals (Jagdbach):
(HP: 81/81 (105/105); AC: 25(23)/13(11)/22(20); CMD: 23 (25) {27 (29) trip}; Fort +9(+11), Ref: +10, Will: +3(+5); {+4 v. enchantments})

Kilthan looks around carefully, picking up on the paladin's stress, "I agree. Let's look in the alcoves first." He barks a laugh and adds, "I think I've had enough unpleasant surprises for one day."

151 to 200 of 6,416 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Blood's Age Of Worms (Group 2) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.