Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

GM Blood's Age of Worms in Golarion #2

Game Master David James Olsen

Group 2 Map
Loot spreadsheet


1,451 to 1,500 of 5,554 << first < prev | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | next > last >>

{HP 63/65 | AC18/FF15/T13/CMD19 | F+8/R+9/W+3 | Inish +5, Per +9} Female Tiefling (Daemon-Spawn) Alchemist (Chirurgeon) 7

Round 1

Stats:

HP 19/20
AC 16 T13 FF14
F/R/W 5/6/0
Bombs: 3/6
Effects: None

Dryn hurls the readied explosive at the skeletons, watching as the flask goes long, striking the wall behind them. "Looks like my bad luck is back."

Standard to bomb D1. Missed, scatter 2 squares NW, which looks like it hits the wall behind C1. So I'm thinking it hits both of them (D1 and C1), 5 fire damage, DC15 reflex for half.

Attack: 1d20 + 5 - 2 ⇒ (5) + 5 - 2 = 8

damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10

Scatter: 1d8 ⇒ 2


In cases of monster identification I'd say free action. Now if it were like checking out a bridge with engineering that would be longer. Also you can't really make the check until you see them.

Dryn throw sails wide splashing two of the skeletons

GM Blood:

Reflex Save C1 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13
Reflex Save D1 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14

Aarakess, I have no problem with you having cast mage armor before opening the tool shed. Her identification don't happen until the end of the round

Just need Ingrid action, either delaying to move until Justin and Kithan go, or moving past them into the room and doing something


Female Dwarf Witch/7 - (HP: 51/65; AC 16; FF 14; Touch 16; Init +2; Fort +6/8; Ref +5/+7; Will +7/+9

RETCON
I would like to cast Mage Armor on myself before we open the door - lasts 2 hours.

Knowledge(arcana): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17
Knowledge(religion): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25

Basic skeletons, if you have a mace or bludgeoning weapon, that is more effective than bladed weapons. He is definitely some type of evil necromancer.

The boys should be able to get them, I will use my healing touch on them once I can get in. Rohara and Ingrid, save your spells unless they get a lucky hit in.

Action - delay until Justin moves.


Female HP: 36/36, AC:16 / T12 / F14 CMD:15 Fort:2,Ref:6,Will:6 Aasimar Bard 4

waiting til the boys move through the door.


The skeletons toss their crossbow aside and pick up another pre-loaded one and fire at the same targets

Two at Kilthan (Flat-Footed)

Heavy Crossbow 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17 *hit*
Damage 1d10 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7 (Requires a Fortitude Save DC 15)

Heavy Crossbow 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
Damage 1d10 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2 (Requires a Fortitude Save DC 15)

Two at Justin (Flat-Footed)

Heavy Crossbow 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14
Damage 1d10 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8 (Requires a Fortitude Save DC 15)

Heavy Crossbow 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12
Damage 1d10 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4 (Requires a Fortitude Save DC 15)

Round 1

Initiative Order - Dryn'taka, Skeletons, Kilthan, Rohara, Justin Delay after Justin and Kilthan Ingrid, Aarakess

Stats AC 18 T 12 FF 16


Lizardman hp=75/76(AC23/ff23/t10) {F=+10/R=+5/W=+7} CMD 22 Paladin 7 (Shining Knight) Smite evil 0/3 - Lay on hands 1/6

Justin closes to the nearest skeleton.

1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 6 + 1 = 211d10 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9


Justin moves up and attack the nearest skeleton, just missing as the table provides interference on his swing.

Round 1

Initiative Order - Dryn'taka, Skeletons, Kilthan, Rohara, Justin Delay after Justin and/or Kilthan Ingrid, Aarakess

Stats AC 18 T 12 FF 16 (Table provides cover both ways)


HP 69 of 69 - AC 23 (T 13, FF 20) - F +6, R +5, W +10

The cleric nods to the elven witch and makes her way into the room, mace in hand. She comes up beside Justin and helps him with his attack(s) as she sees that these things seem difficult to hit.

Knowledge (religion) 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26

Move to D3 and Aid Another 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16 Aid Successful +2 to his attack.


Rohara: I assume you are using your domain power to walk through the difficult terrain

Kithan and Aarakess is left in this round before Dryn starts round 2

Don't forget two Fort saves Kilthan


HP 69 of 69 - AC 23 (T 13, FF 20) - F +6, R +5, W +10

My bad... Yes, she would use her Agile feet. Thank you for the reminder.


Female Dwarf Witch/7 - (HP: 51/65; AC 16; FF 14; Touch 16; Init +2; Fort +6/8; Ref +5/+7; Will +7/+9

I will move to C3 and Healing Hex the skeleton at B2.

Attack(touch): 1d20 + 1 - 4 ⇒ (7) + 1 - 4 = 4
Damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

AC 17 (Mage Armor) +4 cover = 21

Aarakess moves forward and causes a blue healing aura to surround her hands that she then feebly waves in the direction of one of the skeletons.


If it makes you feel any better about your bad roll, if would be a double move for you with the difficult terrain

Kilthan is up to finish the round


Male Half-Elven Ranger (Infiltrator): 7
Status:
(HP: 82/82; AC: 20(22)/13/20(22); CMD: 22; Fort +8, Ref: +7, Will: +3 [+5])

Fort Save #1: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22
Fort Save #2: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12 {Crud!}

Kilthan steps forward to B3 and swings at the skeleton with his axe, Goblin piss! I could use a shield and a warhammer right about now. At least the table protects me too, now.

Dwarven Waraxe (PA, both hands) 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22 for 1d10 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13

Status:

HP: 7/21
Weapon in hand: Dwarven Waraxe


Bad News Kilthan, the bolt was poisoned and I will need a Fort Save DC 15 on your turn every round until you have a successful save

Dex Damage 1d2 ⇒ 2

Bad News #2: B3 is 20' away or 40' with difficult terrain and will be a double move to get there. Do you still want to move there or somewhere else since it will be a double move?

Ingrid to finish round 1,Dryn'taka is up in round 2, then the skeletons

Round 2

Initiative Order - Ingrid, Dryn'taka, Skeletons, Kilthan, Rohara, Justin, Aarakess

Stats AC 18 T 12 FF 16 (Table provides cover both ways in melee)


Male Half-Elven Ranger (Infiltrator): 7
Status:
(HP: 82/82; AC: 20(22)/13/20(22); CMD: 22; Fort +8, Ref: +7, Will: +3 [+5])

Sorry, I misunderstood - thought the only difficult terrain were the squares with markings. I'll make the move to get the table between me and it.


Female HP: 36/36, AC:16 / T12 / F14 CMD:15 Fort:2,Ref:6,Will:6 Aasimar Bard 4

Ingrid moves to behind Rohara


{HP 63/65 | AC18/FF15/T13/CMD19 | F+8/R+9/W+3 | Inish +5, Per +9} Female Tiefling (Daemon-Spawn) Alchemist (Chirurgeon) 7

Round 2

Stats:

HP 19/20
AC 16 T13 FF14
F/R/W 5/6/0
Bombs: 3/6
Effects: None

Dryn moves up behind Kilthan. "Need a mace?"

Dryn double moves behind Kilthan.


No problem I either didn't make it clear or chalk it up to pbp confusion. I placed you on the map, hope I got it right

Skeleton 1 drops its crossbow and draws a scimitar and attacks Kilthan from the other side of the table

Attack with scimitar vs cover 1d20 + 2 - 4 ⇒ (2) + 2 - 4 = 0
Damage 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

Skeleton 2 drops its crossbow, draws its scimitar, sees no one at the other side of the table and kicks it over (can't 5' step because of difficult terrain)

Skeleton 3 drops its crossbow, draws its scimitar, sees no one at the other side of the table and kicks it over (can't 5' step because of difficult terrain)

Skeleton 4 drops its crossbow and draws a scimitar and attacks Justin from the other side of the table

Attack with scimitar vs cover 1d20 + 2 - 4 ⇒ (14) + 2 - 4 = 12
Damage 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

Round 2

Initiative Order - Skeletons, Kilthan, Rohara, Justin, Aarakess, Ingrid, Dryn'taka

Stats AC 18 T 12 FF 16 (Table provides cover both ways in melee)


Lizardman hp=75/76(AC23/ff23/t10) {F=+10/R=+5/W=+7} CMD 22 Paladin 7 (Shining Knight) Smite evil 0/3 - Lay on hands 1/6

I think I'll buy Kilthan a heavy flail.
Justin precisely (no PA) attacks with the heavy flail, kicking over the table if he can. Justin finds biting skeletons to be ineffective.1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 6 + 1 = 151d10 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10


Move action to take the table out of the mix, done but still a miss


By the way I moved Ingrid and Dryn to the end of round two though that is technically top of round three. Makes it easier to see who is left.


Female Dwarf Witch/7 - (HP: 51/65; AC 16; FF 14; Touch 16; Init +2; Fort +6/8; Ref +5/+7; Will +7/+9

Didn't realize that the skeletons had gone.

[b] Round 2[/dice]
AC 17 (mage armor), AC 21 (if table in why)

Attack(touch): 1d20 + 1 - 4 ⇒ (13) + 1 - 4 = 10 <-- Healing Hex from last round which missed - unsure whether the table is still in the way.
Damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9


Aarakess, The table is still in the way do you:

Want to keep it there and keep cover
Pull it over and touch attack, removes cover for both of you
Move 5'(10' move) to that avoids the AoO from the cover, but put you adjacent to three skeletons.


Female Dwarf Witch/7 - (HP: 51/65; AC 16; FF 14; Touch 16; Init +2; Fort +6/8; Ref +5/+7; Will +7/+9

I edited my attack to reflect the cover.

The 3 skeletons is why I stayed where I was. Figure I will make them come to me. Just getting insufficient rolls with the cover.


Justin and Aarakess miss so far this round

Round 2

Initiative Order - Skeletons, Kilthan, Rohara, Justin, Aarakess, Ingrid, Dryn'taka


Male Half-Elven Ranger (Infiltrator): 7
Status:
(HP: 82/82; AC: 20(22)/13/20(22); CMD: 22; Fort +8, Ref: +7, Will: +3 [+5])

Kilthan says over his shoulder, "Remind me tomorrow: Warhammer and shield.", and swings with his axe.

Waraxe (PA): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10 for 1d10 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13

He snarls as he misses and says, "On second thought, maybe I should take that mace, thanks"

I assume accepting the offered weapon is a move action?

Status:

Poisoned 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8 (failed save).
-2 DEX
7/21 hp


Yes Kilthan


{HP 63/65 | AC18/FF15/T13/CMD19 | F+8/R+9/W+3 | Inish +5, Per +9} Female Tiefling (Daemon-Spawn) Alchemist (Chirurgeon) 7

Stats:

HP 19/20
AC 16 T13 FF14
F/R/W 5/6/0
Bombs: 3/6
Effects: None

Handing off the morningstar to Kilthan, Dryn listens for any sounds from the room beyond.

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21


Dryn, you don't hear anything so far


HP 69 of 69 - AC 23 (T 13, FF 20) - F +6, R +5, W +10

The cleric notices that most of the tables seem to have been removed from battle save the one before the dwarf she moves before the skeletons and those less armored then her. And as all the skeletons are still standing... She than calls forth her holy powers.

5-ft move to C-2 to protect those less armored then herself. Channel Energy 1d6 ⇒ 3 DC 13 Will save for half dmg

Status:
HP: 13/13 remaining
AC: 20 (18 Flat-footed / 12 Touch)
In Hand: Shield
Conditions: n/a
Spells (0-level, DC 13, at will) Create Water, Detect Magic, Light, Guidance; (1st level, DC 14) Bless (x2), Comprehend Languages©, True Strike (d)
Channel Energy (1d6, DC 13) 5 of 7 remaining
Bit of Luck 5 of 6 remaining (Any time the target rolls a d20, he may roll twice and take the more favorable result)
Agile Feet 6 of 6 remaining (ignore all difficult terrain for 1 round)


Female HP: 36/36, AC:16 / T12 / F14 CMD:15 Fort:2,Ref:6,Will:6 Aasimar Bard 4

Ingrid does a 5-foot step (to C4) towards Kilthan
and casts cure light wounds on him

He's at 7 HP

Cure light: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5


Ingrid that will be a move because of difficult terrain


GM Blood:

Will Save for Skeleton #1 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
Will Save for Skeleton #2 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19
Will Save for Skeleton #3 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22
Will Save for Skeleton #4 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22

The skeletons take a blast of positive energy

Skeleton 1 attacking Kilthan after kicking over the table 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17 *Hit*
Damage 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7

Skeleton 2 attacking Aarakess after moving up 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14
Damage 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

Skeleton 3 attacking Rohara after moving up 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10
Damage 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

Skeleton 4 attacking Justin 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12
Damage 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7

Round 3

Initiative Order - Skeletons, Kilthan, Rohara, Justin, Aarakess, Ingrid, Dryn'taka

Stats AC 18 T 12 FF 16


Female Dwarf Witch/7 - (HP: 51/65; AC 16; FF 14; Touch 16; Init +2; Fort +6/8; Ref +5/+7; Will +7/+9

Round 3

Once again I attempt to "heal" Skeleton 1.

Attack-Touch: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
Damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10

And once again I stumble on the rubble on the floor and completely flail in my attempt to touch the skeleton.


Lizardman hp=75/76(AC23/ff23/t10) {F=+10/R=+5/W=+7} CMD 22 Paladin 7 (Shining Knight) Smite evil 0/3 - Lay on hands 1/6

Round 3
In hands:hvy flail
Precision swinging with the flail
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 111d10 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5
I guess it is a marathon and not a sprint.


HP 69 of 69 - AC 23 (T 13, FF 20) - F +6, R +5, W +10

Round 3

Rohara knows that her combat skills are not the best, especially against such quick and agile skeletons, but she should save the holy powers gifted by Desna. She strikes out with her mace at the skeleton before her with her mace. There is a loud crack of breaking bones as the weapon connects.

Attack skeleton 3 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21
for 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5 damage

Status:
HP: 13/13 remaining
AC: 20 (18 Flat-footed / 12 Touch)
In Hand: Heavy mace and Shield
Conditions: n/a
Spells (0-level, DC 13, at will) Create Water, Detect Magic, Light, Guidance; (1st level, DC 14) Bless (x2), Comprehend Languages©, True Strike (d)
Channel Energy (1d6, DC 13) 5 of 7 remaining
Bit of Luck 5 of 6 remaining (Any time the target rolls a d20, he may roll twice and take the more favorable result)
Agile Feet 6 of 6 remaining (ignore all difficult terrain for 1 round)


Rohara's mace connects solidly breaking whatever force was holding the bones together.

Round 3

Initiative Order - Skeletons, Kilthan, Rohara, Justin, Aarakess, Ingrid, Dryn'taka

Stats AC 18 T 12 FF 16


{HP 63/65 | AC18/FF15/T13/CMD19 | F+8/R+9/W+3 | Inish +5, Per +9} Female Tiefling (Daemon-Spawn) Alchemist (Chirurgeon) 7

Stats:

HP 19/20
AC 16 T13 FF14
F/R/W 5/6/0
Bombs: 2/6
Effects: None

The excitement gets the better of her, and Dryn tosses a bomb at the skeleton in front of Aarakess, taking care to miss her allies with it. "Bullseye!"

Standard for bomb at C2, Precse Bombs to miss Kilthan, Aarakess and Rohara. Hits for 10 fire damage. Skelly at B2 takes 5, DC 15 for half.

Bomb: 1d20 + 5 - 4 ⇒ (16) + 5 - 4 = 17

Damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10


GM Blood:

Relfex Skeleton #1 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

Dryn'taka's bomb blasts apart two skeletons, leaving only the one facing Justin.


Female Dwarf Witch/7 - (HP: 51/65; AC 16; FF 14; Touch 16; Init +2; Fort +6/8; Ref +5/+7; Will +7/+9

Posting early since I will be out most of the day.

Move to D2.

Attack-healing hex:1d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
Damage:1d8 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

Once again a warm blue healing aura surrounds Aarakess' hands, and once again she is completely unable to get close to the nimble pile of bones.


Male Half-Elven Ranger (Infiltrator): 7
Status:
(HP: 82/82; AC: 20(22)/13/20(22); CMD: 22; Fort +8, Ref: +7, Will: +3 [+5])

Kilthan steps toward Justin's target, bringing up the borrowed weapon with a snarl.

Morningstar (borrowed,2h,PA): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23 for 1d8 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10

Status:

Poisoned 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11 (failed save).
-2 DEX
5/21 hp


Female HP: 36/36, AC:16 / T12 / F14 CMD:15 Fort:2,Ref:6,Will:6 Aasimar Bard 4

Anyone need healing?


Kilthan's blow with the borrowed weapon breaks apart the sksleton laying it low. Combat Complete

Kilthan, I forgot to update you on your dex damage from poison the last two rounds, see below. Now that combat is over I will need three saves, a successful save to cure.

Dex Damage: 2d2 ⇒ (2, 2) = 4


{HP 63/65 | AC18/FF15/T13/CMD19 | F+8/R+9/W+3 | Inish +5, Per +9} Female Tiefling (Daemon-Spawn) Alchemist (Chirurgeon) 7

I'm thinking Kilthan could, considering he's at 5. I can use my CLW extract if you want to saves spells for now. Or do both if it's a poor roll.


Female HP: 36/36, AC:16 / T12 / F14 CMD:15 Fort:2,Ref:6,Will:6 Aasimar Bard 4

I'll cure Kilthan first
Cure light wounds: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10

Sweet


{HP 63/65 | AC18/FF15/T13/CMD19 | F+8/R+9/W+3 | Inish +5, Per +9} Female Tiefling (Daemon-Spawn) Alchemist (Chirurgeon) 7

Show off ;p


Other than the heavy crossbows and scimitars, there isn't anything of value here.

Heal DC 15:
Looking at the skeletons, 3 out of the 4 skeletons are part of the land family as evidenced by the deformities caused by the Red Death plague that swept through the region around the time of their deaths 19 years ago. Only one more skeleton to find.


{HP 63/65 | AC18/FF15/T13/CMD19 | F+8/R+9/W+3 | Inish +5, Per +9} Female Tiefling (Daemon-Spawn) Alchemist (Chirurgeon) 7

While searching for shinies, Dryn realizes something about the skeletons. "Oh, look. See this? This is caused by that Red Death plague. These might be the bodies of the Land family! But I think we're missing one."

Heal: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19


Lizardman hp=75/76(AC23/ff23/t10) {F=+10/R=+5/W=+7} CMD 22 Paladin 7 (Shining Knight) Smite evil 0/3 - Lay on hands 1/6

Justin detects evil, calls out locations of any detects, and follows Kilthan to the next area.
Another subpar showing in combat.


You check for evil on the other side of the door and do not detect any.

Map

Quote:
These simple chambers host plain beds, small footlockers and wooden dressers. Each chamber is slightly different from the next as if each interior has been customized by a succession of tenants. None of them appear to have been used in the last decade.

On the map you also see two doors to the west, with the northern most door leading to the observatory tower. The other door to the west is an office that clearly hasn't been used in years.

1,451 to 1,500 of 5,554 << first < prev | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Blood's Age Of Worms (Group 2) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.