Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

GM Blood's Age of Worms in Golarion #2

Game Master David James Olsen

Group 2 Map
Loot spreadsheet


101 to 150 of 6,024 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Lizardman hp=78/86(AC24/ff24/t11) {F=+11/R=+5/W=+8} CMD 24 Paladin 8 (Shining Knight) Smite evil 1/3 - Lay on hands 6/7

Conditions=difficult terrain
hands = empty
smite evil 1/1

Unable to move effectively, Justin attacks again with his teeth and claws.

Power attack claw/claw/bite:

1d20 + 5 - 1 ⇒ (16) + 5 - 1 = 201d20 + 5 - 1 ⇒ (17) + 5 - 1 = 211d20 + 5 - 1 ⇒ (5) + 5 - 1 = 91d4 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 91d4 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 81d3 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8


HP 74 of 82 - AC 24 (T 13, FF 21) - F +8, R +5, W +11

From her position on the ground she does not like her prospects. Rohara considers for a brief moment, Everyone is still alive, that has to be a good sign. She then follows Kilthan's actions and attacks the wolf in front of her from the ground.

Status:
HP: 7/8 remaining
AC: 20 (18 Flat-footed / 12 Touch)
Conditions: none
Spells (0-level, DC 13, at will) Create Water, Detect Magic, Light; (1st level, DC 14) Bless x2, True Strike (d)
Channel Energy (1d6, DC 12) 6 of 7 remaining
Bit of Luck 6 of 6 remaining (Any time the target rolls a d20, he may roll twice and take the more favorable result)
Agile Feet 5 of 6 remaining (ignore all difficult terrain for 1 round)
Actions
Attacks the wolf at U-81 with her Mace
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 - 4 = 12
for 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9 damage


Male Half-Elven Ranger (Infiltrator): 8
Status:
(HP: 94/94; AC: 22(24)/14/20(22); CMD: 24; Fort +9, Ref: +8, Will: +4 [+6])

Kilthan laughs as he places the wide blade of his axe between himself and the snarling maw of the wolf, blocking the thing's teeth, "Not so tough when you're not swarming just one man, are you?" he taunts.

As the wolf falls back slightly to spring at him again, Kilthan, rocks the axe back, and uses its momentum to pull him into a sitting position, striking the wolf as it leans forward to snap at him again.

Dwarven Waraxe (Power Attack vs. wolf in U81, unless Rohara dropped it, in which case V81): 1d20 + 3 - 4 ⇒ (16) + 3 - 4 = 15 {-4 for prone attack} for 1d10 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8

ooc:
Part of me wants to complain about the rolling of min damage all the time, but the rest of me is too busy cheering for the fact I'm able to actually hit from prone...


Rohara-Nope past rolls are in the past. Kilthan I will change your attack to the other wolf.

Rohara swings at the wolf and connects laying the wolf low. Kilthan changes his idea to attack that wolf and swing and connects solidly against the other wolf.

Justin's barrage of teeth and claws kills the alpha wolf.

Round 3

Initiative Order - Wolves, Dryn'taka, Rohara, Aarakess, Justin, Ingrid, Kilthan

Ingrid is left then Round 4


Going to have to step out for a little bit so I am going with the wolf's next attack since I am going to assume Ingrid wouldn't be able to do anything about it this round

The remaining wolf snaps at Rohara

Bite vs prone 1d20 + 1 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 1 + 4 = 25
Damage 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

Confirm Critical 1d20 + 1 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 1 + 4 = 13 Not confirmed
Extra Damage 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

Finish it!

Round 4

Previous - Ingrid Initiative Order - Wolves, Dryn'taka, Rohara, Aarakess, Justin, Ingrid, Kilthan


Female HP: 36/36, AC:16 / T12 / F14 CMD:15 Fort:2,Ref:6,Will:6 Aasimar Bard 4

I was in transit and school for the past couple hours

Ingrid gets up in round 3, and if the wolf is alive she gives the wolf a taste of her whip.
Attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22 Crit Threat
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5 No Crit

Damage: 1d3 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

Any chance of saving this attack roll for the next attack,
If I don't attack the wolf.


{HP 74/74 | AC18/FF14/T14/CMD21 | F+9/R+11/W+3 | Inish +4, Per +11}

Round 4

Stats:

HP: 10/10
AC: 16, FF 14, T 13
FRW: 4/5/0
Bombs Remaining: 4/5
Mutagen: Dexterity
Spells: CLW, Shield

Unable to get a clear shot, Dryn'taka moves forward. "We almost got 'em all!"

Dice & Actions:

Double move to R81


Female HP: 36/36, AC:16 / T12 / F14 CMD:15 Fort:2,Ref:6,Will:6 Aasimar Bard 4

Whispering Cairn

Putting the map close to the posting spot.


Female Dwarf Witch/8 - (HP: 49/74; AC 16; FF 14; Touch 16; Fort +6/8; Ref +5/+7; Will +8/+10; Init +2; Per +11/+13

I have one DM who puts the current map at the top of the page in the Campaign Description, or whatever it is. That way it is always available and in an easy to find spot.

Seeing that we are down to 1 wolf, I use another Evil Eye Hex on the remaining wolf.

Evil Eye Hex - AC -2 for 7 rounds, DC14 Wiil to reduce to 1 round.

Hit him hard guys, only one left, make sure he does not get any more of Kilthan.


Aarakess Halcorn wrote:
I have one DM who puts the current map at the top of the page in the Campaign Description, or whatever it is. That way it is always available and in an easy to find spot.

Already done that way!


Female Dwarf Witch/8 - (HP: 49/74; AC 16; FF 14; Touch 16; Fort +6/8; Ref +5/+7; Will +8/+10; Init +2; Per +11/+13
GM Blood wrote:
Aarakess Halcorn wrote:
I have one DM who puts the current map at the top of the page in the Campaign Description, or whatever it is. That way it is always available and in an easy to find spot.
Already done that way!

You have it on the Campaign Info tab. While this is helpful, I think there is a way to put notes so that they also show up at the top of the Gameplay tab. That way it is always at the top of the page if we want to bring up the map without having to switch to another page - for instance after typing half a post and then forgetting what the coordinates were for the attack.


Made a change adding the link to the top. Is that what you mean?


Female Dwarf Witch/8 - (HP: 49/74; AC 16; FF 14; Touch 16; Fort +6/8; Ref +5/+7; Will +8/+10; Init +2; Per +11/+13

Yup - thanks.


Lizardman hp=78/86(AC24/ff24/t11) {F=+11/R=+5/W=+8} CMD 24 Paladin 8 (Shining Knight) Smite evil 1/3 - Lay on hands 6/7

Conditions=difficult terrain
hands = empty
smite evil 1/1

Justin rushes forward on the rough ground drawing a light hammer for a toss.
Move to T83 drawing light hammer, throw with light hammer at last wolf 1d20 + 5 - 4 ⇒ (17) + 5 - 4 = 181d4 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8 -4 to hit into melee


Justin hits the wolf right between the eyes and fells the beast.

Combat Over


Reminder of where you are

Quote:

Natural light dimly illuminates a long hallway extending north into darkness. A faint breeze brings with its sibilant whispers that sound almost like sighing breath. It must be a trick of the wind, but the effect is almost lifelike.

The walls bear horizontal bands of deceptively simple geometric paterns at waist level. In places the bands reveal startling detail, but in others the walls look as though they have been hacked apart with weapons or eroded by the rigors of time. Flakes of ancient paint, brilliant purple and a dull mustard hue, still cling to the walls in places, hinting at what must once have been a riot of color. A thin coat of dust coats the floor.

Just inside the darkened tomb, the hallway branches into shallow alcoves to the east and west. Here the walls bear the most significant damage. Dozens of clumsy etchings mar the eautiful acient masonry like graffiti on a city wall. A clump of soiled cloth about the size of a halfling rests in the rounded terminus of the western alcove. Outside the wind picks up, and a chorus of almost human sounds rises from the darkened hall.

Map of Room 1

Working on perfecting these kinds of maps for future battles


Female Dwarf Witch/8 - (HP: 49/74; AC 16; FF 14; Touch 16; Fort +6/8; Ref +5/+7; Will +8/+10; Init +2; Per +11/+13

I walk forward and help Kilthan and Rohara back to their feet.
Well, that could have gone better, and it could have gone much worse. Anyone need healing? It looked like those wolves gave you a nasty bite before we ever got to move Kilthan.


HP 74 of 82 - AC 24 (T 13, FF 21) - F +8, R +5, W +11

Rohara takes the offered hand of Aarakess and helps her help the elf to his feet. "I will be fine thank you. It is only a superficial wound now, thanks to Desna's blessing. Kilthan does not look as well, I think I saw him loose consciousness briefly as well."

She looks to the others, "Is everyone alright?"


Lizardman hp=78/86(AC24/ff24/t11) {F=+11/R=+5/W=+8} CMD 24 Paladin 8 (Shining Knight) Smite evil 1/3 - Lay on hands 6/7

Justin wipes of his light hammer and puts it back in his bandolier.
"Sorry it took us a while to get up there Kilthan. That ground really slowed me down. I think Kilthan needs some healing, then we can explore that western alcove."

Justin points to the small object to the west.

"Do we want to reevalute the one scout ahead plan? I think it was uncanny animal senses that 'tripped us up', not a bad plan on our part."
Justin snickers in a strange way.


Female Dwarf Witch/8 - (HP: 49/74; AC 16; FF 14; Touch 16; Fort +6/8; Ref +5/+7; Will +8/+10; Init +2; Per +11/+13

If we are running into rugged terrain such as this, then the scout needs to stay closer. We should never separate so far that we cannot help the scout within a few moments.

Here, Kilthan, let me help you with your injuries.

Healing Hex - CLW - 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9

Healing Hexes:

Party members on whom Healing Hex used:

Kilthan


In the west side there is an old musty bedroll that has hardened and become brittle with age. As you touch it, it cracks. You notice around the bedroll are whittling shavings. Aarakess remembers a teenage girl that went missing about 6 years ago.

The east side is empty of anything.

The passageway heads north towards the green flickering light you can see in the distance.


Female Dwarf Witch/8 - (HP: 49/74; AC 16; FF 14; Touch 16; Fort +6/8; Ref +5/+7; Will +8/+10; Init +2; Per +11/+13

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27

Do I notice anything else unusual about the bedroll or area?

If not we will move forward with Kilthan taking the lead, but not as far ahead as before. Also, if anyone is hurt, please let me know.

There was a young girl that went missing a number of years ago. This could easily have been from her. So sad, such a tragic loss. Her family mourned for weeks, months as I recall, and despite long searches, she was never found. And to think she might have been only fifteen minutes from town the whole time. What a tragedy.


Male Half-Elven Ranger (Infiltrator): 8
Status:
(HP: 94/94; AC: 22(24)/14/20(22); CMD: 24; Fort +9, Ref: +8, Will: +4 [+6])

Kilthan stands up and dusts himself off, returning his axe to his belt. He nods gratefully to Arakess for the healing, and stretches himself out to get the kinks out while trying to steady his adrenaline-driven breathing. That was far, far too close a thing. I'd best keep on my toes. He looks around the area once more, noting the fallen wolves and suppressing a shudder, One does hope they haven't lost all faith in me... He pushes one of the wolf corpses over with his foot, as if assessing the things injuries, and then cocks his head with a smile, saying, "Just think how much better I fight when I'm not knocked to the ground."

He then prepares to points out the interesting things he'd noted earlier, but stops when Arakess speaks. His eyes scan the area once more, and he says in far more gentle (and less cocky) tone, "I do not see her remains here, though the wolves may have worried them away to shards if they were hungry enough. While, clearly, it's too late to save her, it might be worth trying to bring her remains back and offering her Clan some peace."


Female Dwarf Witch/8 - (HP: 49/74; AC 16; FF 14; Touch 16; Fort +6/8; Ref +5/+7; Will +8/+10; Init +2; Per +11/+13

Smiling at Kilthan's response: Yes, I am sure that they would be most appreciative. While they all assume she has passed on, this would be important closure for them. Healing for the soul so to speak.


Kilthan needs to take some sort of archetype that fights from prone only!

You move forward as a group. The northern passage goes about 20 feet before opening up once again to larger areas to the east and west.

Whispering Cairn Map

Quote:
The western hall extends perhaps forty feet, ending at a small marble platform raised about six inches off the floor. A strange, shattered arcane apparatus rests upon this platform, its curved ovular frame giving the appearance of a noble's dressing mirror. Only a third of this frame remains. An unusual arcane glyph about the size of a man's head has been delicately carved into the base plate of the support platform.
Quote:
The eastern passage continues for fifteen feet, a huge pile of collapsed rubble blocks the alcove from top to bottom, it looks like it would take weeks to tunnel through the densely packed debris.

The hallway extends north for another thirty feet before opening up into a larger chamber, from which the green light continues to flicker and shine.


Female Dwarf Witch/8 - (HP: 49/74; AC 16; FF 14; Touch 16; Fort +6/8; Ref +5/+7; Will +8/+10; Init +2; Per +11/+13

I cast Detect Magic and scan the area around the marble platform and mirror.

Lets knock off these side passages one by one. We don't want anything surprising us from behind.

Knowledge(arcana): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23 --> Do I know anything about this glyph?


Lizardman hp=78/86(AC24/ff24/t11) {F=+11/R=+5/W=+8} CMD 24 Paladin 8 (Shining Knight) Smite evil 1/3 - Lay on hands 6/7

"I will see if any evil auras are around."

From about 50' from the arcane apparatus Justin will concentrate for about 30 seconds to see if he can pick up any evil presence in the hallway.


Aarakess:

The glyphs don’t seem to be formed from a common alphabet although they are reminiscent of arcane symbols representing elemental air.

The glyphs represent names, with each referring to a single individual. The glyph on the apparatus probably represents the seal of an important figure.

The letterforms look similar to the ancient glyph-language called Vaati, which some scholars consider the original form of Auran.

Linguistics check to identify the seals

Knowledge (History) or Knowledge {Arcane) for general information about the glyphs


Female HP: 36/36, AC:16 / T12 / F14 CMD:15 Fort:2,Ref:6,Will:6 Aasimar Bard 4

"Let's see?
What does it read as?"

Know(Hist): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12


Ingrid:
The glyphs don’t seem to be formed from a common alphabet although they are reminiscent of arcane symbols representing elemental air.


Male Half-Elven Ranger (Infiltrator): 8
Status:
(HP: 94/94; AC: 22(24)/14/20(22); CMD: 24; Fort +9, Ref: +8, Will: +4 [+6])

Kilthan nods, [b]"Aye, a sound strategy."

While Ingrid, Justin and Aara examine the glyphs, Kilthan will join in examining the apparatus to see if there seems to be anything special or (especially) dangerous about it.

Taking 20 on Perception (from 10' away) -> 27 (distance modifier not applied)


Forgot to include the picture

Picture of the item

Kilthian:
You find a few shards of an unidentifiable shiny black substance that feels like stone. It is slight cold to the touch.Appraisal check for value

Also while searching your sharp eyes notice something on the inside slot, maybe writing?


Lizardman hp=78/86(AC24/ff24/t11) {F=+11/R=+5/W=+8} CMD 24 Paladin 8 (Shining Knight) Smite evil 1/3 - Lay on hands 6/7

Justin pats his dog and idly chats with Kilthan as they walk up to the object,

"Speaking well and reading are the limits of my education. Fancy magical runes and where things come from, well, it looks like the ladies know their business. Scout here is not fully trained--I hope to train him to be a capable guard dog some day."


Female HP: 36/36, AC:16 / T12 / F14 CMD:15 Fort:2,Ref:6,Will:6 Aasimar Bard 4

She takes out the charcoal and paper and starts making imprint copies of the glyphs for Allustan.

"I hope Allustan will find these interesting."

edit:

Know(Arcana): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16
"These look close to arcane markings."


Male Half-Elven Ranger (Infiltrator): 8
Status:
(HP: 94/94; AC: 22(24)/14/20(22); CMD: 24; Fort +9, Ref: +8, Will: +4 [+6])

Appraise (Untrained) 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18

Kilthan nods, "I imagine he will, assuming he can make sense of them... Make sure you don't miss the writing concealed within the slot, here."


Kilthian you think the shards of glass/stone could be worth up to 20gp to the right buyer. (probably either the jeweler or maybe even Allustan)

The rune Kilthian is talking about run along the inside of the slot where the glass would go in a mirror.

Knowledge (Arcana) for those runes (separate check from the others)


HP 74 of 82 - AC 24 (T 13, FF 21) - F +8, R +5, W +11

Rohara follows along with the others watching here and there for a sign of anything of interest. As her companions move bast the base with the arcane symbol on the ground She considers if it might mean anything... "I wonder what this used to be?" She asks aloud to no one in particular.

(( Knowledge (History) 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9 ))


{HP 74/74 | AC18/FF14/T14/CMD21 | F+9/R+11/W+3 | Inish +4, Per +11}

"I dunno, but it's interesting."

Know(Arcana) first glyphs: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17
Know(Arcana) glyphs in slot: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24


Dryn First Arcane check:
The glyphs don’t seem to be formed from a common alphabet although they are reminiscent of arcane symbols representing elemental air.

The glyphs represent names, with each referring to a single individual. The glyph on the apparatus probably represents the seal of an important figure.

Dryn Second Check:
The symbols inside are arcane, signifying transportation magic


Female Dwarf Witch/8 - (HP: 49/74; AC 16; FF 14; Touch 16; Fort +6/8; Ref +5/+7; Will +8/+10; Init +2; Per +11/+13

Seeing what is being looked at, I look at both sets of symbols:

Knowledge(Arcana): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9 <-- on the slot glyphs.
Knowledge(history):1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12
Linguistics: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 21

Strange - these do not appear to use the common alphabet. More like something arcane involving the element air. This one- pointing at the glyph on the apparatus - probably is the name of an important figure. My best guess is that this is an ancient language called Vaati which predates Auran, the modern language of those from the plane of air.


{HP 74/74 | AC18/FF14/T14/CMD21 | F+9/R+11/W+3 | Inish +4, Per +11}

"And these ones are arcane too, only something about transportation magics." Dryn'taka points to the ones inside the slot Kilthan pointed out. "Think there's more of it lying around here?" Dryn'taka starts looking around to see if other pieces of it can be found, or any signs of what broke it originally.

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22


Lizardman hp=78/86(AC24/ff24/t11) {F=+11/R=+5/W=+8} CMD 24 Paladin 8 (Shining Knight) Smite evil 1/3 - Lay on hands 6/7

This could be a magical artifact!

"We need to get all these pieces back when we leave. Even if there is a small chance we can get this teleporter working again, it is worth it."

Justin examines the device to see how it would possibly work as a teleporter if restored.

Use Magic Device check if relevant:
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14


Female HP: 36/36, AC:16 / T12 / F14 CMD:15 Fort:2,Ref:6,Will:6 Aasimar Bard 4

"The language is likely Auran, I believe."


Justin tries to use the device but is certain that it is damaged and will no longer work.

Dryn looks around for any more pieces but finds none, with the value that the small pieces held, anything else must have been looted long ago and these just missed. No idication of what broke it is found.

Aarakess studies and is able to identify that there is a personal seal of a Bralani named Icosiol. Knowledge (Planes) for more info


Female Dwarf Witch/8 - (HP: 49/74; AC 16; FF 14; Touch 16; Fort +6/8; Ref +5/+7; Will +8/+10; Init +2; Per +11/+13

Look at this. It appears to be the personal seal of a Bralani named Icosiol. Unfortunately I do not know much about the outer planes. Not many books on that subject in Diamond Point. I will have to see whether Allustan has any books on this when I next visit his home.


Aarakess knows that often if Allustan needed a book he would get it sent from Magnimar.

On the east side the area is collapsed which Kilthan confirms would take weeks to dig out. A thorough search of the area turns up nothing.


Female Dwarf Witch/8 - (HP: 49/74; AC 16; FF 14; Touch 16; Fort +6/8; Ref +5/+7; Will +8/+10; Init +2; Per +11/+13

Nobody has any training in Knowledge(planes).

Lets continue moving forward. Once we make sure that the cairn has no more dangerous creatures, we can come back and investigate this device all we want.


Lizardman hp=78/86(AC24/ff24/t11) {F=+11/R=+5/W=+8} CMD 24 Paladin 8 (Shining Knight) Smite evil 1/3 - Lay on hands 6/7

"Well, are when you are ready, we can move ahead. This thing is damaged beyond repair--how sad."

Justin moves to the intersection with his dog. Scout looks down the hall while Justin looks at Scout for any reactions.

Scout always smells or hears them first anyway.

Ninja'd. Perception Scout 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21


Female HP: 36/36, AC:16 / T12 / F14 CMD:15 Fort:2,Ref:6,Will:6 Aasimar Bard 4

I can, due to bardic knowledge

Know(Planes): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10


Male Half-Elven Ranger (Infiltrator): 8
Status:
(HP: 94/94; AC: 22(24)/14/20(22); CMD: 24; Fort +9, Ref: +8, Will: +4 [+6])

"Indeed, a loss.. I wonder if Allustan could fix it?"

Kilthan stretches out once more, muttering under his breath, "Let's hope this goes better than last time..", with a soft sigh. He then steps into shadows and creeps ahead to get a better look and listen.

Stealth: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21
Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13

101 to 150 of 6,024 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Blood's Age Of Worms (Group 2) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.