Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


GM Blood's Age of Worms in Golarion #2

Game Master David James Olsen

Group 2 Map
Loot spreadsheet


1,351 to 1,400 of 6,258 << first < prev | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | next > last >>

Lizardman hp=83/86(AC24/ff24/t11) {F=+11/R=+5/W=+8} CMD 24 Paladin 8 (Shining Knight) Smite evil 0/3 - Lay on hands 5/7

"I affirm to you, by this steel I bare, I mean business."
Sense motive1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12

Justin uses his statement as cover to draw his greatsword without making an offensive move with it.

"As one man of action to another, do you really think you are fast enough?"

I think time is on our side.


Female Dwarf Witch/8 - (HP: 66/74; AC 16; FF 14; Touch 16; Fort +6/8; Ref +5/+7; Will +8/+10; Init +2; Per +11/+13

I never liked her anyway. The question is do you really think any of us will be dead at the end of this. I think that four of you will be bleeding out.

As far as the napping cleric goes, she is a great drainer of enemy magic. We have left her asleep because we don't really care about her. You were a more serious threat to our health. She is replaceable, the rest of us are not.

Sadly, I cannot speak for the paladin, as he is bound by a different code than I am.

Bluff:1d20 ⇒ 18


Kullen seems sure of himself "We shall see. This paladin won't let her die. Maybe he will get me first maybe he won't, but he can't risk that and I can. So one last time, lets trade. You tell me what you want from us, then we part ways with you keeping your friend"

You are not getting the sense he is trying to deceive you, more like he is desperate. That's not to say he isn't still dangerous."


Lizardman hp=83/86(AC24/ff24/t11) {F=+11/R=+5/W=+8} CMD 24 Paladin 8 (Shining Knight) Smite evil 0/3 - Lay on hands 5/7

"Okay Kullen, first we want to clearly state that you don't want to strike a sleeping woman. That would ruin any chance you have of any salvation."

"Now, before we trade, you need to hear what we want from you first. We will need a complete accounting of your nefarious deeds. Especially concerning disturbing human remains and grave robbing."

Justin goes into a lengthy discussion of all the criminal activities that are possible with dead bodies. He could be incredibly thorough or he could be stalling for time.


"That is what this is about?" He mumbles something under his breath and continues "We was givin a job to find some bodies for this guy named Filge out at the old lighthouse outside of town. He's a real piece of work that one, not all with it. We got some bodies for him and Skutch got ripped apart at that farm. After that we haven't done anything else."


Vitals (Kilthan):
(HP: 94/94; AC: 22(24)/14/20(22); CMD: 24; Fort +9, Ref: +8, Will: +4 [+6])
Male Half-Elven Ranger (Infiltrator): 8
Vitals (Jagdbach):
(HP: 70/70 (91/91); AC: 23(21)/13(11)/20(18); CMD: 20 (22) {24 (26) trip}; Fort +8(+10), Ref: +8, Will: +3(+5); {+4 v. enchantments})

Assuming there's a fixed duration to this and that the conversation passes it, Kilthan will continue laughing and rolling even when the spell releases him, but start to look around and see who, if anyone is watching him.

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9

Wow. Apparently the dice roller just hates Kilthan in general.


Kithan was laughing so hard his eyes are watery


Female Dwarf Witch/8 - (HP: 66/74; AC 16; FF 14; Touch 16; Fort +6/8; Ref +5/+7; Will +8/+10; Init +2; Per +11/+13

I figured that in rolling around on the ground, he got a good look and was very surprised by the real difference between a half-angel and a half-devil.


Kullen looks at your group, "So we good. Time for all of us to step back and go our separate ways?"


Female Dwarf Witch/8 - (HP: 66/74; AC 16; FF 14; Touch 16; Fort +6/8; Ref +5/+7; Will +8/+10; Init +2; Per +11/+13

We will let you go, but remember, if there is any more grave robbing, you will be our first suspect, and the paladin may not be as forgiving next time.


"We're done with that, that Filge guy is crazy. You best do what you need to do with him and get out of there."

Kullen and his men back away keeping a wary eye on your group and as he leaves he says, "Don't think this is over. I'd sleep light if I were you."

With those parting words Kullen and his gang limp and stumble away.

Good job on the fight! That is a pretty tough one and you did well


Vitals (Kilthan):
(HP: 94/94; AC: 22(24)/14/20(22); CMD: 24; Fort +9, Ref: +8, Will: +4 [+6])
Male Half-Elven Ranger (Infiltrator): 8
Vitals (Jagdbach):
(HP: 70/70 (91/91); AC: 23(21)/13(11)/20(18); CMD: 20 (22) {24 (26) trip}; Fort +8(+10), Ref: +8, Will: +3(+5); {+4 v. enchantments})

Had things not been otherwise resolved, Kilth was going to roll over and hit Rohara - damage wakens sleeping characters, making her no longer helpless. Oh well. I guess I'll just settle for him getting paranoid instead.


Female Dwarf Witch/8 - (HP: 66/74; AC 16; FF 14; Touch 16; Fort +6/8; Ref +5/+7; Will +8/+10; Init +2; Per +11/+13

After Kullen stepped to threaten her, it dawned on me that I could have awakened her without doing anything. Awakening someone is an aid another actions. I could have had my owl fly over and wake her up.


Vitals (Kilthan):
(HP: 94/94; AC: 22(24)/14/20(22); CMD: 24; Fort +9, Ref: +8, Will: +4 [+6])
Male Half-Elven Ranger (Infiltrator): 8
Vitals (Jagdbach):
(HP: 70/70 (91/91); AC: 23(21)/13(11)/20(18); CMD: 20 (22) {24 (26) trip}; Fort +8(+10), Ref: +8, Will: +3(+5); {+4 v. enchantments})

This is a place where the AoO rules make little sense. If he decides to CdG, he provokes, which means anyone threatening him can attack *him* for free before he gets off the CdG (since AoO's are interrupts) -- but we can't, instead, whack Rohara who is helpless as opposed to just distracted like he would be with the "free" attack to wake her and make her an invalid CdG target.)


Female Dwarf Witch/8 - (HP: 66/74; AC 16; FF 14; Touch 16; Fort +6/8; Ref +5/+7; Will +8/+10; Init +2; Per +11/+13

I was thinking about that. Could Justin have attempted to grapple him. If successful, I do not think that he could have done the CDG.


Female HP: 36/36, AC:16 / T12 / F14 CMD:15 Fort:2,Ref:6,Will:6 Aasimar Bard 4

Let's take this OOC talk into the Discussion thread.


yeah there is wackiness in some of the rules, but it was a fun stand off. In any case, you found out where they bodies of the Land family ended up

Aarakess knows the lighthouse and its location, and could take you there. It is really late now, however so rest would be in order probably before anything else.


Female HP: 36/36, AC:16 / T12 / F14 CMD:15 Fort:2,Ref:6,Will:6 Aasimar Bard 4

And use any cure spells to heal up before bed.

"We should rest up as it would be wise to do so."


Female Dwarf Witch/8 - (HP: 66/74; AC 16; FF 14; Touch 16; Fort +6/8; Ref +5/+7; Will +8/+10; Init +2; Per +11/+13

Yep - rest and heal - I have plenty of CLW together with Rohara and Ingrid we should be good to go in the morning. Unless there is some type nighttime random encounter, we will set off toward the lighthouse in the morning.

Also, we need to get back to the dungeon before someone else gets there, I am getting worried about this.


Lizardman hp=83/86(AC24/ff24/t11) {F=+11/R=+5/W=+8} CMD 24 Paladin 8 (Shining Knight) Smite evil 0/3 - Lay on hands 5/7

Before Rohara is awakened, Justin fixes Aarakess and Ingrid with an unblinking stare and speaks, "When we are fighting and I ask you to help a fallen comrade, it is not something that should be ignored. I do not hold you to the same standards of a paladin, but I do expect behaviour that is not selfish or self-indulgent. When we are exploring ruins and dealing with others I defer to you in your areas of expertise. I expect when we are in combat you would defer to Kilthan and I. I think Rohara probably shouldn't hear about this."

"We probably need a party leader if the alternative is an everyone for him or herself attitude."


{HP 74/74 | AC18/FF14/T14/CMD21 | F+9/R+11/W+3 | Inish +4, Per +11}

I can give Cure Light Wound infusions out as well now to help with the healing.

Dryn is about to nominate herself for party leader, but seeing as Justin's not quite mad at her too for anything yet, keeps her hand down.


Female Dwarf Witch/8 - (HP: 66/74; AC 16; FF 14; Touch 16; Fort +6/8; Ref +5/+7; Will +8/+10; Init +2; Per +11/+13

Oh, darn. We were voting for party "leader"? I thought it was party "bleeder".


Female HP: 36/36, AC:16 / T12 / F14 CMD:15 Fort:2,Ref:6,Will:6 Aasimar Bard 4
Aarakess Halcorn wrote:
Oh, darn. We were voting for party "leader"? I thought it was party "bleeder".

When I read that the first time I r'ed the l in bleeder

she puts her right hand to her face and puts on a thinking face.


Lizardman hp=83/86(AC24/ff24/t11) {F=+11/R=+5/W=+8} CMD 24 Paladin 8 (Shining Knight) Smite evil 0/3 - Lay on hands 5/7

Justin seems to be somewhat agitated. His eyes seem to stare without blinking when this happens.

"We aren't hurt that bad, I can lay on hands if needed though I prefer to use it in combat. Let's go to the lighthouse RIGHT NOW and get his guy before anyone warns him."


Female Dwarf Witch/8 - (HP: 66/74; AC 16; FF 14; Touch 16; Fort +6/8; Ref +5/+7; Will +8/+10; Init +2; Per +11/+13

Agreed, I know where it is, lets find out what this necromancer is up to.


OK, two for going now and 1 for resting....anyone else?


Lizardman hp=83/86(AC24/ff24/t11) {F=+11/R=+5/W=+8} CMD 24 Paladin 8 (Shining Knight) Smite evil 0/3 - Lay on hands 5/7

Actually, Aarakess changed her vote, it is 2-0

Justin tried to suppress a laugh when he saw Dryn consider putting her hand up, and it came out as a strange cough. He tries to recover,

"I guess the ghoul crud still lingers some."


I was counting Ingrid as the nay sayer, though she may be for going right away too


HP 82 of 82 - AC 24 (T 13, FF 21) - F +8, R +5, W +11

Once awakened... The woman looks rather, embarrassed and annoyed at herself for letting spell affect her so. At hearing the motives of Kullen and friends she agrees, "I believe we are all well enough to continue. We might as well deal with this now. But we do need to return soon, I am not sure how long the ghost will remain."

Lets go!


Vitals (Kilthan):
(HP: 94/94; AC: 22(24)/14/20(22); CMD: 24; Fort +9, Ref: +8, Will: +4 [+6])
Male Half-Elven Ranger (Infiltrator): 8
Vitals (Jagdbach):
(HP: 70/70 (91/91); AC: 23(21)/13(11)/20(18); CMD: 20 (22) {24 (26) trip}; Fort +8(+10), Ref: +8, Will: +3(+5); {+4 v. enchantments})

Kilthan nods, "I agree -- success in this'll come from getting there before he was warned."


Quote:
Five minutes north of Diamond Lake, on a bluff overlooking an abandoned mine, a crumbling old observatory casts its gaze to the heavens. A wide slit bisects its domed tower, where surely a great telescope once peered into eternity. Now the place bears a dark character, like a sagging tenement broken under the weight of decades of inhabitants. A slim stairway cut into the steep hillside leads to the structure's only door, on the side of the tower's attached one-story outbuilding. Flickering light filters through the observatory's only windows, along the tower's second and third floors.

View of the observatory


Lizardman hp=83/86(AC24/ff24/t11) {F=+11/R=+5/W=+8} CMD 24 Paladin 8 (Shining Knight) Smite evil 0/3 - Lay on hands 5/7

"Kilthan, can you scout ahead?"


Female Dwarf Witch/8 - (HP: 66/74; AC 16; FF 14; Touch 16; Fort +6/8; Ref +5/+7; Will +8/+10; Init +2; Per +11/+13

While you are not the most stealthy, Justin, you might want to stay close behind Kilthan and use your ability to detect evil creatures. If this necromancer is creating undead, you should be able to detect them.


Lizardman hp=83/86(AC24/ff24/t11) {F=+11/R=+5/W=+8} CMD 24 Paladin 8 (Shining Knight) Smite evil 0/3 - Lay on hands 5/7

"Great idea."
As soon as we are within 30 feet of the observatory, Justin will detect evil.


You get up to the door without any incident.

Quote:
The stairway rises to a wide landing and two huge wooden doors. Shot through with dark blue mold, the doors form an enormous round moon carved with a lunatic's jabbering face. Beneath the landing, an unremarkable wooden door appears to lead to a tool closet under the stairs.

You are detecting evil all over the place up here, everywhere inside the observatory including the tool shed.


Lizardman hp=83/86(AC24/ff24/t11) {F=+11/R=+5/W=+8} CMD 24 Paladin 8 (Shining Knight) Smite evil 0/3 - Lay on hands 5/7

"There is evil everywhere, even in the tool shed. I would suggest we quickly and quietly dispatch the evil in the tool shed first. We might as well take our evil in a few small bites if we can."


HP 82 of 82 - AC 24 (T 13, FF 21) - F +8, R +5, W +11

The cleric takes up her mace and nods to Justin, "Very well. Let us do this... quickly and with the least amount of sound as not to rouse others, just yet."

Status:
HP: 13/13 remaining
AC: 20 (18 Flat-footed / 12 Touch)
In Hand: Shield
Conditions: n/a
Spells (0-level, DC 13, at will) Create Water, Detect Magic, Light, Guidance; (1st level, DC 14) Bless (x2), Comprehend Languages, True Strike (d)
Channel Energy (1d6, DC 12) 7 of 7 remaining
Bit of Luck 5 of 6 remaining (Any time the target rolls a d20, he may roll twice and take the more favorable result)
Agile Feet 6 of 6 remaining (ignore all difficult terrain for 1 round)


Vitals (Kilthan):
(HP: 94/94; AC: 22(24)/14/20(22); CMD: 24; Fort +9, Ref: +8, Will: +4 [+6])
Male Half-Elven Ranger (Infiltrator): 8
Vitals (Jagdbach):
(HP: 70/70 (91/91); AC: 23(21)/13(11)/20(18); CMD: 20 (22) {24 (26) trip}; Fort +8(+10), Ref: +8, Will: +3(+5); {+4 v. enchantments})

Kilthan nods, "I can. Let's hope this poxy wizard doesn't think he's as funny as that last one."

He then turns to Justin, "I don't know much about magic -- I'm good with taking bite-sized pieces evil as long as it won't alert their master and ruin the whole "surprise" thing."

He looks at Aarakess and Ingrid with a raised eyebrow, then shrugs and finds some shadows to slip into before creeping forward.

Stealth: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16
Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23


Female HP: 36/36, AC:16 / T12 / F14 CMD:15 Fort:2,Ref:6,Will:6 Aasimar Bard 4

"I agree, the quicker and more quietly the better.
I'll provide Back-up for Kilthan"

Stealth1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25
Perception1d20 + 13 ⇒ (7) + 13 = 20

she follows Kilthan into the shadows.


The door is locked to the tool shed (as well as to the observatory)


{HP 74/74 | AC18/FF14/T14/CMD21 | F+9/R+11/W+3 | Inish +4, Per +11}

Dryn keeps her crossbow ready, preferring it to her bombs for the present in the interest of quiet.


Lizardman hp=83/86(AC24/ff24/t11) {F=+11/R=+5/W=+8} CMD 24 Paladin 8 (Shining Knight) Smite evil 0/3 - Lay on hands 5/7

"Well, with the locked door, let's try the observatory first. We could ruin surprise getting this open. I was hoping to be enlarged before we burst into the observatory."

"If we can't pick the locks, maybe I can burst them open?"


Female Dwarf Witch/8 - (HP: 66/74; AC 16; FF 14; Touch 16; Fort +6/8; Ref +5/+7; Will +8/+10; Init +2; Per +11/+13

I have one prepared spell to make you larger. Let me know when you are ready to grow.

When Justin requests, I will cast Enlarge Person.

But remember, it only lasts a few minutes. If we burst into a room and there are no enemies within, then it will be wasted.


I'm pretty sure someone in the party can pick a lock, or at least attempt it. Otherwise bashing down a door will have to be it.


Female HP: 36/36, AC:16 / T12 / F14 CMD:15 Fort:2,Ref:6,Will:6 Aasimar Bard 4

Me and Dryn'taka are the only ones who can crack the lock.
So who'll do it?


Female Dwarf Witch/8 - (HP: 66/74; AC 16; FF 14; Touch 16; Fort +6/8; Ref +5/+7; Will +8/+10; Init +2; Per +11/+13

Higher bonus pick, lower assist is my vote.


Female HP: 36/36, AC:16 / T12 / F14 CMD:15 Fort:2,Ref:6,Will:6 Aasimar Bard 4

Funny thing is that we both have +10.


You both can roll, I'll take the highest and add 2 since you both will be able to make a DC 10

Shed or observatory first? Or both?


Female HP: 36/36, AC:16 / T12 / F14 CMD:15 Fort:2,Ref:6,Will:6 Aasimar Bard 4

Disable Device: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (2) + 10 = 12

I hope Dryn'taka rolls high.


{HP 74/74 | AC18/FF14/T14/CMD21 | F+9/R+11/W+3 | Inish +4, Per +11}

I think us planetouched aren't having much luck.

Disable Device: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (4) + 10 = 14

1,351 to 1,400 of 6,258 << first < prev | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Blood's Age Of Worms (Group 2) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.