Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

GM Blood's Age of Worms in Golarion #2

Game Master David James Olsen

Group 2 Map
Loot spreadsheet


1,201 to 1,250 of 5,525 << first < prev | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | next > last >>

Male Half-Elven Ranger (Infiltrator): 7
Status:
(HP: 82/82; AC: 20(22)/13/20(22); CMD: 22; Fort +8, Ref: +7, Will: +3 [+5])

Kilthan asks,"Are you suggesting we try to train it, Justin? I am certain I could befriend it, but I suspect training it would prove quite the challenge... especially as we are often absent."

He sighs, "I think it best we find a safe place to release it, or sell it to someone who has both the skill and time to train it."

Knowledge (Nature): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14
Wild Empathy: 1d20 + 2 - 4 ⇒ (20) + 2 - 4 = 18


Female HP: 36/36, AC:16 / T12 / F14 CMD:15 Fort:2,Ref:6,Will:6 Aasimar Bard 4

"They don't make good pets, but do make good guard animals."


Female Dwarf Witch/7 - (HP: 51/65; AC 16; FF 14; Touch 16; Init +2; Fort +6/8; Ref +5/+7; Will +7/+9

Once again, I reiterate, owlbears are bad. We can sell this young one, but the people who buy these are rarely good. Although, I bet it would fetch a good price with the right buyer.


Lizardman hp=75/76(AC23/ff23/t10) {F=+10/R=+5/W=+7} CMD 22 Paladin 7 (Shining Knight) Smite evil 0/3 - Lay on hands 1/6

Justin speaks up, "Well I am the expert on what is good an bad. As soon as it turns bad, I will do the right thing. Until then, it is a baby."


Kilthan, the baby owlbear has taken a liking to you and bonds with you, following you around where you go.


{HP 63/65 | AC18/FF15/T13/CMD19 | F+8/R+9/W+3 | Inish +5, Per +9} Female Tiefling (Daemon-Spawn) Alchemist (Chirurgeon) 7

"Aww, but it's so cute! With it's little beak and sharp claws! And look at those teeth, great for rending into stuff. But you're right, we don't have time. And more money means more for the house!"


Female HP: 36/36, AC:16 / T12 / F14 CMD:15 Fort:2,Ref:6,Will:6 Aasimar Bard 4

"It's cute now,
but when it grows up it won't be so cute."


{HP 63/65 | AC18/FF15/T13/CMD19 | F+8/R+9/W+3 | Inish +5, Per +9} Female Tiefling (Daemon-Spawn) Alchemist (Chirurgeon) 7

"That depends on your definition of cute, and I think the momma was cute too! All because it's a bloodthirsty killer that can rip a person in half doesn't mean it's not cute. But we should find out who hurt the momma first." Dryn cracks her knuckles, "Who knows what they were doing. I mean, those bodies have been in the ground for a long time. I doubt they would've fed 'em to the momma here. Could it be the plague?"


Female HP: 36/36, AC:16 / T12 / F14 CMD:15 Fort:2,Ref:6,Will:6 Aasimar Bard 4

"I agree that no one should hurt a mother,
but did we kill the mother or the father?"


The way the owlbear acted, it was definitely a mother protecting its young


Female Dwarf Witch/7 - (HP: 51/65; AC 16; FF 14; Touch 16; Init +2; Fort +6/8; Ref +5/+7; Will +7/+9

You are free to check the corpse to see if it appears to be the dad, but my guess is it was the mom. However, the bigger question is who has been bringing bodies here and why. Kilthan, looking at the tracks, does it look like the fifth was forced to come here? Or were they bringing food, dead bodies, in the wheelbarrow, and the owlbear got one of them?


Male Half-Elven Ranger (Infiltrator): 7
Status:
(HP: 82/82; AC: 20(22)/13/20(22); CMD: 22; Fort +8, Ref: +7, Will: +3 [+5])

Kenneth looks up from dangling a strip of dried meat over the baby owlbear, "Good question. At the time, I was just following 'em, lemme go take a better look."

He heads back to the tracks, trying to get a good picture of the how of them, Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15 and Survival: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16


Kilthan looks around and is sure that five men came and dug up the graves within the last few days. Then after they dug up the bodies, five went up to the house, and got into a fight with the owlbear, wounding it. Four came back to the small graveyard running and heading back towards town with the wheelbarrow of bodies.


Female Dwarf Witch/7 - (HP: 51/65; AC 16; FF 14; Touch 16; Init +2; Fort +6/8; Ref +5/+7; Will +7/+9

On the road, only short posts for a few days most likely.

Interesting, I wonder why they dug up the graves. This is especially troubling since the Land's died of the plague. We must notify the authorities.


Male Half-Elven Ranger (Infiltrator): 7
Status:
(HP: 82/82; AC: 20(22)/13/20(22); CMD: 22; Fort +8, Ref: +7, Will: +3 [+5])

"I say track 'em back to their lair... 'specially if the fifth one ended up on the cart."


Lizardman hp=75/76(AC23/ff23/t10) {F=+10/R=+5/W=+7} CMD 22 Paladin 7 (Shining Knight) Smite evil 0/3 - Lay on hands 1/6

Justin says with a smile "I am the authority. Gravedigging is bad, they must be punished."


Female HP: 36/36, AC:16 / T12 / F14 CMD:15 Fort:2,Ref:6,Will:6 Aasimar Bard 4

"Don't you mean Grave Robbing is bad, Justin."


Lizardman hp=75/76(AC23/ff23/t10) {F=+10/R=+5/W=+7} CMD 22 Paladin 7 (Shining Knight) Smite evil 0/3 - Lay on hands 1/6

"Yes, that is what I meant. I might get in trouble if I punished all gravediggers."


Kilthan is also sure that the 5th man ended up as lunch, except his arm of course


Male Half-Elven Ranger (Infiltrator): 7
Status:
(HP: 82/82; AC: 20(22)/13/20(22); CMD: 22; Fort +8, Ref: +7, Will: +3 [+5])

Kilthan says, "The cart didn't get heavier when they left -- so the arm is all that's left of grave-robber number 5. Might we worth checking the owlbear's stomach for any loot."


Checking the owlbear inside, you don't find anything of value.

OK, so what will be your plan from here?


Lizardman hp=75/76(AC23/ff23/t10) {F=+10/R=+5/W=+7} CMD 22 Paladin 7 (Shining Knight) Smite evil 0/3 - Lay on hands 1/6

"Kilthan, take us to the grave-robbers." We need to settle up with them.


HP 69 of 69 - AC 23 (T 13, FF 20) - F +6, R +5, W +10

"Sounds like a plan." Rohara asks, "And what about the little guy."

Spoiler:
Not the same I know, but this is what I keep visualizing when I thinking of the wee owlkin...


Male Half-Elven Ranger (Infiltrator): 7
Status:
(HP: 82/82; AC: 20(22)/13/20(22); CMD: 22; Fort +8, Ref: +7, Will: +3 [+5])

"Let's go -- Aarakess, let's put the little guy to sleep rather than have him follow us around town. He catches sight of a kid or a dog, and we're got a problem.


Ok, so if you are not taking the owlbear I will need to know what you are doing with it. Also the guys you are looking for is at the Feral Dog in the later hours of the night, and it is before noon so what will you be doing all day until then


{HP 63/65 | AC18/FF15/T13/CMD19 | F+8/R+9/W+3 | Inish +5, Per +9} Female Tiefling (Daemon-Spawn) Alchemist (Chirurgeon) 7

I think the plan is to take him with us, just to use Aarrakess's Slumber hex on it first. That way it doesn't attack anything.


That only lasts 2 rounds


Lizardman hp=75/76(AC23/ff23/t10) {F=+10/R=+5/W=+7} CMD 22 Paladin 7 (Shining Knight) Smite evil 0/3 - Lay on hands 1/6

I think we will be finding a humane, pleasant, secure cage for the Kilthan's future animal companion.

Maybe we turn the out building into an owlbearhouse. BTW, I officially caught D3 fever too.


Ok, to keep things moving I'll take some liberties on your actions.

By the time you leave the Land farmhouse it is close to noon. You head back to your new building and find a spot to keep the owlbear for now. You inquire about the trapper and he is usually gone during the day arriving before nightfall. Since the men you are looking for won't be at the Feral Dog until later in the night you wait around for him to arrive at the inn.

He has a contact in Magnimar that he can take the baby owlbear to, and thinks it will fetch about 3,000 gold. He wants a share of that, which will be 1/3 of that (giving you 2,000 gold). With a good diplomacy roll you can talk him down to 1/4 of the the price (giving you 2,250gp)

Assuming you are good with that price you agree to meet him the next day and he will leave for Magnimar for once, arriving back in about a week


Later in the evening you head to the Feral Dog. The place is full of workers from the mines. The place isn't the worst run down place you've seen, but the inside is pretty rough, much like most of its patrons.

There is a large collection of people at the back surrounding a ring, yelling and screaming occasionally. Getting closer you see it is pit fighting with dogs. Most of the people carry vouchers for bets.

Beside the pit, most people keep to their own group with exception of an self-assured elven woman who is challenging bar patrons to a game of dagger toss. So far she is undefeated, and always looking for another challenger. Standing near her is a man with a large girdle topped with the representation of a haunted female face. He spends most of his time taunting the challengers of the elven woman.

Knowledge Local DC 15:
The Belt is the championship belt for the Magnimar Arena. The current champion's name is Auric, a local Pathfinder

In addition the four men you are looking for are here. Kullen, The leader of the group is easily recognizable with his albino looks and the tattoo from when he worked for Vesst on his forehead. The half-orc is also with a wiry man with clumpy black hair, a large man with a large scar across his face, and a smaller ill tempered man.


Lizardman hp=75/76(AC23/ff23/t10) {F=+10/R=+5/W=+7} CMD 22 Paladin 7 (Shining Knight) Smite evil 0/3 - Lay on hands 1/6

Thanks for moving things along, maybe an owlbear isn't in our future.

On the way to the Feral Dog, Justin voices his concern that the owlbear go to a nice trainer if they sell it.

Upon arriving at the Feral Dog, Justin can barely contain his agitation at seeing the dogfighting.
How can so-called civilized people do this?

He speaks to the worldly Ingrid, "Ingrid, is this dogfighting common in human lands?"

After seeing the dogfighting exhibition, Justin is more concerned about turning over their new charge to human trainers.
"I would hate to think the owlbear would be trained to do this. He could be more dangerous than these people could imagine."

Hopefully Micheal Vick isn't violating the terms of his parole here.


It might have been lost in one of the knowledge checks or not stated, but owlbears are savage and untrainable. Best you can hope for is something that guards an area savagely.


Female HP: 36/36, AC:16 / T12 / F14 CMD:15 Fort:2,Ref:6,Will:6 Aasimar Bard 4

Know(Local): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25

"The answer to that Justin,
depends on where you are in the world."


HP 69 of 69 - AC 23 (T 13, FF 20) - F +6, R +5, W +10

Knowledge (local) 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25

Rohara whispers to her companions, "Looks like Auric," she motions to the man, "is here too. He's a champion in the Magnimar Arena and a local pathfinder."

The woman continues in her whisper,"While I understand our intent here, let's be cautious in our approach, this could turn ugly, fast. We still wish to keep a low profile too. Of course, we probably already stand out from this establishment's usual patron.


Lizardman hp=75/76(AC23/ff23/t10) {F=+10/R=+5/W=+7} CMD 22 Paladin 7 (Shining Knight) Smite evil 0/3 - Lay on hands 1/6

Justin hopes grabbing a holy symbol and concentrating is not 'standing out'. Justin concentrates on picking up any evil auras in the Feral Dog.

I am sure these men will feel better about being approached by these ladies over a reptileman in full battle gear.


No evil is detected, though surely most everyone in the Feral Dog is not a good person.


{HP 63/65 | AC18/FF15/T13/CMD19 | F+8/R+9/W+3 | Inish +5, Per +9} Female Tiefling (Daemon-Spawn) Alchemist (Chirurgeon) 7

Dryn, oblivious to Justin's sentiments, is charged from the atmosphere of the place upon entering. Her blood boils to join them in the festivities. But overhearing his comparison to the owlbear, she begins to calm abit.

As Rohara mentions Auric and she sees the tattoos, she gets abit angry, whispers to the group, "Want me to go over there and show 'em how to throw a dagger, beat 'em at their own game?" She's quite literal with her statements.


Just want to make sure it is clear that Kullen and his group is separate from Auric and the elven woman throwing daggers


Male Half-Elven Ranger (Infiltrator): 7
Status:
(HP: 82/82; AC: 20(22)/13/20(22); CMD: 22; Fort +8, Ref: +7, Will: +3 [+5])

I noticed that. I was debating teaching it to guard the house, better than a lock. Still, we didn't want it to eat the carpenters, so it's all good -- we'll have a better surprise for any potential thieves... Hopefully our lovely bard will make the diplomacy roll there?

Kilthan whispers to Justin, "Aye, this is the sort of poxy human habit that made my father decide to stay underground. The owlbear will be a guard dog, and well cared for -- you'll notice the trapper isn't here."

He then adds, "If we want to blend in, then we'd best make it look like we should be here." He motions his friends toward a table and calls out, "Two pitchers of stout and some clean mugs!"

Kilthan then studies his four soon-to-be friends, with a careful eye, watching the interaction between them, and seeing how they're getting on with the other patrons.

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26


Kilthan notices that Kullen's group of four clearly are the Alpha dogs in the place, everyone backs down from the group when they get rowdy. Most of the people don't seem to want to provoke them or even chance it. The execption to that is Auric and the elven woman, and that is only because they aren't near each other or interact in any way. (different parts of the bar)


Lizardman hp=75/76(AC23/ff23/t10) {F=+10/R=+5/W=+7} CMD 22 Paladin 7 (Shining Knight) Smite evil 0/3 - Lay on hands 1/6

Condition=Diseased (1/2 saves made) = (-1 DEX, -1 CON)

Justin calmly drinks his 'brew' and tries to catch the eye of the elvish woman. "Kilthan, I will follow your lead here. My diplomacy is far from subtle."


GM Blood:

Perception 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (14) + 14 = 28

Even though she is in countless games of dagger toss, it seems nothing escapes her gaze in the place. She notices you and smiles and waves you over.


Male Half-Elven Ranger (Infiltrator): 7
Status:
(HP: 82/82; AC: 20(22)/13/20(22); CMD: 22; Fort +8, Ref: +7, Will: +3 [+5])

Kilthan laughs, "Mine either. Raised by dwarves, remember?"

He takes a pull of the stout and grimaces, muttering, "They call this beer? I've seen darker and more heady dishwater."

He looks back up to Justin and says, "Still, this kind of place works more like a watering hole near an animal den. Think of those four, the ones we want, as pack leaders. If we go for 'em, the whole pack is likely to jump us, unless we challenge them in a way that questions their dominance. Or wait 'til the pack's not about." He points over to the elven woman, "While those two are outsiders, and likely safe because they look dangerous enough to keep the crowd wary. If they looked like easy marks, I'm sure they'd get taken by the pack - probably a bit of theft, first, and then likely rolled in the alley. This is not a place to come alone, or to gamble in any game that can be fixed. It may be a place to drink, but if you're not with them, it's not a place to get drunk."

Kilthan takes another pull and winces again, "Right. Forgot. Still horrible..." He considers ordering water, then shakes his head and adds, "Of course, it's a wonderful place to show up if you feel like busting a few heads, especially ones you won't feel guilty about afterward."


Kilthan notices the interaction between the four ex-Vesst now Balabar Smenk employees:

Kullen, the albino orc, has a quick temper and is clearly "in charge" of the group.

The wiry one you find out is named Rastophan, he almost never speaks during the night and does everything Kullen tells him and never does much on his own initiative or by what the others tell him.

The big guy with the scar across his face is named Todrik. As you watch him he almost seems to worship the ground Kullen walks on.

The last, smaller guy, is named Merovinn Bask. As you watch him he seems ill-tempered and an a**-hole. He doesn't seem to be enjoying himself, you think like he feels he is above the rabble in the place.


Lizardman hp=75/76(AC23/ff23/t10) {F=+10/R=+5/W=+7} CMD 22 Paladin 7 (Shining Knight) Smite evil 0/3 - Lay on hands 1/6

Justin approaches the elven lady and dips his head courteously.

"I am not much for the little talk. I would caution you against upsetting the albino and his lackeys. If you need a walk home from this place, I would be glad to be of service."

Motioning to his brew, "I am not usually particular about my drink, but this seems a little off. I guess people don't come here for the refreshments."

Justin, now up close, fixes her with an unblinking, guileless stare as only a reptile can.


She has a smile on her face, "Oh so you want to take me home just like all these other men in here? I don't just let anyone do that, but you could start to woo me by beating me in a game of dagger toss here. I like a man that knows how to wield their weapons, and I haven't found one in here yet."

Auric laughs and says, "I'm not sure this one has 'wielded his weapon' much, Tirra." He looks at Justin, "Are you even allowed to keep your weapon?"


Lizardman hp=75/76(AC23/ff23/t10) {F=+10/R=+5/W=+7} CMD 22 Paladin 7 (Shining Knight) Smite evil 0/3 - Lay on hands 1/6

Justin seems somewhat embarassed, "For the record, I am actually concerned you make it home safely Lady Tirra. Being handy with the dagger isn't always enough. As you can see, I don't wield anything as small as a dagger." Justin points to his array of large weapons.

"Do you know anything of those four?" Justin discreetly moves his gaze to their quarry.


Justin D'Rite aka Sluuth wrote:
Justin seems somewhat embarassed, "For the record, I am actually concerned you make it home safely Lady Tirra. Being handy with the dagger isn't always enough. As you can see, I don't wield anything as small as a dagger." Justin points to his array of large weapons.

Auric guffaws, "Everyone claims to have large weapons when talking a woman."

Quote:
"Do you know anything of those four?" Justin discreetly moves his gaze to their quarry.

Auric sneers at the four, "I'd like to get them in the Arena for this year's games. I'd put them in their place!

Tirra puts his arm on Auric and gives him a look that calms him down some. She looks over at the four and says "Town bullies, and not very good at that either. They do not interest me as they cannot play at daggers, which brings me back to you. Are you willing to play with me...at a game of daggers? I think a big bold adventurer like you should be able to wager 5 sp"


Lizardman hp=75/76(AC23/ff23/t10) {F=+10/R=+5/W=+7} CMD 22 Paladin 7 (Shining Knight) Smite evil 0/3 - Lay on hands 1/6

Justin smiles and produces a silver piece. "Put me down for one silver. Trying a game for the first time without knowing the rules, I think we know who has the advantage here. If we were playing my hammer or trident throwing games, the results may be different. Alas I own no dagger, so I will have to borrow one."


Tirra explains the game:

Multiple people can play this game at once.

There is a large wooden target about 25 feet away. The target consists of two wide concentric rings around a central circle.

In the first round all contestants attempt to strike the largest ring (AC 10). Anyone who fails to do so is eliminated.

In the next round all players go for the inner ring (AC 15). Missing gets you eliminated.

In all the following rounds players go for the inner circle (AC 20) until only one remains. If everyone get eliminated in a round everyone repeats that round.

Tirra mentions to Justin that everyone play with the house dagger, and throws the same one to avoid cheating.

1,201 to 1,250 of 5,525 << first < prev | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Blood's Age Of Worms (Group 2) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.