Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

GM Blood's Age of Worms in Golarion #2

Game Master David James Olsen

Group 2 Map
Loot spreadsheet


951 to 1,000 of 5,972 << first < prev | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | next > last >>

Female Dwarf Witch/8 - (HP: 57/74; AC 16; FF 14; Touch 16; Fort +6/8; Ref +5/+7; Will +8/+10; Init +2; Per +11/+13

Ingrid, what did you do with your old sword you replaced with that sword from the water room? I think we should tie a rope to it and throw it in the pit to see what happens. So far I have seen way too many tricks and traps in this set of caverns to just walk across this bridge.


Male Half-Elven Ranger (Infiltrator): 8
Status:
(HP: 94/94; AC: 22(24)/14/20(22); CMD: 24; Fort +9, Ref: +8, Will: +4 [+6])

While Aarakess worries about the pit, Kilthan carefully studies the bridge itself, looking for any signs of a trap (especially one that might drop us).

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23


Female HP: 36/36, AC:16 / T12 / F14 CMD:15 Fort:2,Ref:6,Will:6 Aasimar Bard 4

"You want me to risk losing my long sword?
Why not find a rock to tie the rope around."


Kilthan studies the bridge and it looks solid without any trap that he can see.


Female Dwarf Witch/8 - (HP: 57/74; AC 16; FF 14; Touch 16; Fort +6/8; Ref +5/+7; Will +8/+10; Init +2; Per +11/+13

Sorry, I did not mean to demean your sword, I am just trying to think of something heavy we could throw in. Does anyone have a rock? I suppose Kilthan could climb down and we could get another dead wolf. I just want to see what happens when something of a decent size ends up in there, in case one of us accidentally does.


Female HP: 36/36, AC:16 / T12 / F14 CMD:15 Fort:2,Ref:6,Will:6 Aasimar Bard 4

"Then we cast light on the rope and lower it."


{HP 74/74 | AC18/FF14/T14/CMD21 | F+9/R+11/W+3 | Inish +4, Per +11}

"Ooh, ooh, we could rig up one of my bombs to explode if something grabs it! That way if something hostile is down there, we can surprise it!" Dryn thinks a moment. "Or that could be really bad. A rock is probably better."


So the plan is to tie a rock on the rope, cast light on it, and lower it into the pit?


Female HP: 36/36, AC:16 / T12 / F14 CMD:15 Fort:2,Ref:6,Will:6 Aasimar Bard 4

I think so.


{HP 74/74 | AC18/FF14/T14/CMD21 | F+9/R+11/W+3 | Inish +4, Per +11}

That does seem correct.


The rope is lowered down below and rest on the iron spheres. Other than lighting up the area below, nothing else happens


Female Dwarf Witch/8 - (HP: 57/74; AC 16; FF 14; Touch 16; Fort +6/8; Ref +5/+7; Will +8/+10; Init +2; Per +11/+13

Does it settle into the globes? How deep do they appear?


Lizardman hp=86/86(AC24/ff24/t11) {F=+11/R=+5/W=+8} CMD 24 Paladin 8 (Shining Knight) Smite evil 3/3 - Lay on hands 6/7

Is there a room the other way (down on the map from the white rectangle)?


Aarakess, Yes the rock settles on top of the spheres, its hard to say how deep they are however.

Justin The white rectangle was where the face was that almost blew Kilthan to his death before you had lit all of the lanterns. So that leads to the hole above the Blue Lantern


Female HP: 36/36, AC:16 / T12 / F14 CMD:15 Fort:2,Ref:6,Will:6 Aasimar Bard 4

"I think we should cross the bridge carefully, as it would be a good spot to place a trap."


Female Dwarf Witch/8 - (HP: 57/74; AC 16; FF 14; Touch 16; Fort +6/8; Ref +5/+7; Will +8/+10; Init +2; Per +11/+13

Lets tie off whoever goes first so that we can pull him or her out should he fall. And then those who follow can use the rope for additional support.


{HP 74/74 | AC18/FF14/T14/CMD21 | F+9/R+11/W+3 | Inish +4, Per +11}

"We should probably send the lightest person firs...DAMN!" Dryn'taka unexpectly volunteers to go first, reaching out for the rope.


The beam is relatively easy to cross Acrobatics for balance DC 10


{HP 74/74 | AC18/FF14/T14/CMD21 | F+9/R+11/W+3 | Inish +4, Per +11}

Assuming I go. If I can take 10 on the Acrobatics check, it'll be 12. Otherwise Rolled below.

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 3 - 1 ⇒ (15) + 3 - 1 = 17

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21


You can take ten as long you are not threatened or hurrying.

As you start to cross the platform, you get 15' when one of the iron spheres comes shooting out of one the geometric patterns

Attack vs Flat-Footed 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22
Damage 1d4 ⇒ 4 Reflex DC 16 or fall for 1d3 ⇒ 3


{HP 74/74 | AC18/FF14/T14/CMD21 | F+9/R+11/W+3 | Inish +4, Per +11}

Reflex: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20

"Gooey angel hair, that hurt!" Dryn'taka will keep an eye out to see what may have triggered the sphere (searching for traps), and if it looks like more are coming. If it looks like more are coming, she'll run back.

Perception: 1d2 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6


Female Dwarf Witch/8 - (HP: 57/74; AC 16; FF 14; Touch 16; Fort +6/8; Ref +5/+7; Will +8/+10; Init +2; Per +11/+13

Moving to the edge of the pit, I cast Detect Magic to determine whether there was something magical that caused the assault, or if it was some type of a mechanical trap.


Female HP: 36/36, AC:16 / T12 / F14 CMD:15 Fort:2,Ref:6,Will:6 Aasimar Bard 4

Ingrid casts detect magic and tries to see what the trigger was.

Even if she has to crawl across the bridge to check for pressure plates, or other triggers.

Perception: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (13) + 13 = 26


Lizardman hp=86/86(AC24/ff24/t11) {F=+11/R=+5/W=+8} CMD 24 Paladin 8 (Shining Knight) Smite evil 3/3 - Lay on hands 6/7

"We got you, just get across." Justin makes sure they have the rope adequately secured.


Female Dwarf Witch/8 - (HP: 57/74; AC 16; FF 14; Touch 16; Fort +6/8; Ref +5/+7; Will +8/+10; Init +2; Per +11/+13

If it is magical, then we may have to avoid it. If it is mechanical, it will run out of balls eventually. My guess is that it is mechanical otherwise the balls in the pit would have disappeared long ago. Lets find something to put on the trigger and let it run out of ammunition.

If the ball launcher does not stop firing and the pit does not fill up, then it may be being refilled from the pit and all we need to do is either empty the pit or clog the hole or mechanism that is reloading the trap.

Looking over at our ranger: Kilthan, you think you can climb down and get a good size piece of stone from where the big bug came out? We could use that to trigger the trap as well as to clog the hole if there is one.


Second attempt at this since I was updating programs and one of those was by browser and it closed. Doh!

Dryn'taka get hit by an iron sphere but maintains her balance. Her adrenaline pumping on the near fall, she doesn't notice anything.

Ingrid checks the beam as much as she can from where she is and the beam looks fine, but she does notice a slight rippling of Dryn'taka's clothes similar to being outside on a windy day.

Dryn will have to make the choice of heading forward or back. She no longer can take 10. Remember you are moving at half speed.

Nothing detects as magical in the room.


{HP 74/74 | AC18/FF14/T14/CMD21 | F+9/R+11/W+3 | Inish +4, Per +11}

"Well, let's hope I have the devil's luck for this next one!" Dryn'taka considers pulling out her mutagen, but decides to save it, continuing on. Let's hope I don't regret that.

Acroabtics: 1d20 + 3 - 1 ⇒ (12) + 3 - 1 = 14


Ten more feet and Iron Spheres

Attack vs Flat-Footed 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11
Damage 1d4 ⇒ 2 Reflex DC 16 or fall for 1d3 ⇒ 1

Since the Sphere missed, you can finish your move, you are 30' down the beam.


{HP 74/74 | AC18/FF14/T14/CMD21 | F+9/R+11/W+3 | Inish +4, Per +11}

"Gwah, what in the hells? That's it." Dryn'taka takes a moment to pull out her mutagen before continuing on.

+4dex, -2wis, +2nat armor. So FF AC is 16 now, normal AC 20.

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 3 + 2 - 1 ⇒ (16) + 3 + 2 - 1 = 20


Five feet more and another one

Attack vs Flat-Footed 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13
Damage 1d4 ⇒ 1 Reflex DC 16 or fall for 1d3 ⇒ 1

Once again it misses so you continue on and at the end of your move

Attack vs Flat-Footed 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11
Damage 1d4 ⇒ 1 Reflex DC 16 or fall for 1d3 ⇒ 2

After the first sphere hits her, she knew what to expect and managed to avoid the rest of the spheres. Ten feet more and she will have made it across. One more Acro check


{HP 74/74 | AC18/FF14/T14/CMD21 | F+9/R+11/W+3 | Inish +4, Per +11}

Acroabtics: 1d20 + 3 + 2 - 1 ⇒ (18) + 3 + 2 - 1 = 22


Dryn'taka makes it to the other side. There is a small landing where the metal door is, with just enough room for one person.


{HP 74/74 | AC18/FF14/T14/CMD21 | F+9/R+11/W+3 | Inish +4, Per +11}

Dryn'taka will start by examining the door and landing, looking for traps and whatnot, then if she finds nothing will try the lock. "I made it! The iron balls didn't stop me at all!"

Perception: 1d20 + 5 - 1 ⇒ (15) + 5 - 1 = 19

Disable Device (if needed): 1d20 + 10 + 2 - 1 ⇒ (2) + 10 + 2 - 1 = 13


The door won't open, but there is no visible way to pick it.

Dryn:
You hear what sounds like a small boy say "Wow I haven't seen anyone ever get across that!"

Nobody else probably heard it though, and you are not sure you even heard it


{HP 74/74 | AC18/FF14/T14/CMD21 | F+9/R+11/W+3 | Inish +4, Per +11}

Dryn begins to look around the room, putting her ear up to the door, looks down into the pit and at the ceiling. "Um, guys, I think I just heard someone." She turns back to the door. "Um, mister voice I've never heard before. I don't suppose you could tell me what happens to the people that don't make it across?"

Diplomacy (why not?): 1d20 ⇒ 5


No reply from "The voice"


{HP 74/74 | AC18/FF14/T14/CMD21 | F+9/R+11/W+3 | Inish +4, Per +11}

Well, at least I didn't make it hostile with that roll.

Dryn'taka begins to ponder. She starts looking at the geometric shapes. Can you describe them to me please?


HP70 of 82 - AC 24 (T 13, FF 21) - F +8, R +5, W +11

Rohara looks across at narrow walk way and seeing Dryn nearly knocked below gives her some pause to consider that with her armor, she will not have an easy time getting across.

The woman looks up when Dryn starts speaking of some voice... "What did this someone say?"

((Should be fun considering she has a -6 acp (-4 if she stows her shield) ))

Status:
HP: 13/13 remaining
AC: 20 (18 Flat-footed / 12 Touch)
In Hand: Mace and shield
Conditions: none
Spells (0-level, DC 13, at will) Create Water, Detect Magic, Light, Guidance; (1st level, DC 14) Bless (x2), Comprehend Languages, True Strike (d)
Channel Energy (1d6, DC 12) 7 of 7 remaining
Bit of Luck 6 of 6 remaining (Any time the target rolls a d20, he may roll twice and take the more favorable result)
Agile Feet 6 of 6 remaining (ignore all difficult terrain for 1 round)


Female Dwarf Witch/8 - (HP: 57/74; AC 16; FF 14; Touch 16; Fort +6/8; Ref +5/+7; Will +8/+10; Init +2; Per +11/+13

That is why Dryn should have had a rope tied to herself, or two ropes if the distance is longer than 50'.


Female HP: 36/36, AC:16 / T12 / F14 CMD:15 Fort:2,Ref:6,Will:6 Aasimar Bard 4

"It looks like there are air currents in here,
because Dryn'taka's clothes are moving like in the wind."

"It looks like it's all non-magical traps, and adding air currents around a bridge is clever."


{HP 74/74 | AC18/FF14/T14/CMD21 | F+9/R+11/W+3 | Inish +4, Per +11}

"He said he's never seen anyone cross the bridge. It sounded like a small boy. Should I be scared yet? Also the door is stuck and it doesn't have any way to pick it. Any suggestions? Any way I can use these air currents? Ingrid's talking about? Maybe try using one of those iron balls on the door?"


Female Dwarf Witch/8 - (HP: 57/74; AC 16; FF 14; Touch 16; Fort +6/8; Ref +5/+7; Will +8/+10; Init +2; Per +11/+13

I begin to carefully study the walls. Does there appear to be any trigger or release?

Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (12) + 10 = 22


Male Half-Elven Ranger (Infiltrator): 8
Status:
(HP: 94/94; AC: 22(24)/14/20(22); CMD: 24; Fort +9, Ref: +8, Will: +4 [+6])

Kilthan asks, "Your little friend can't open the door for you?"


{HP 74/74 | AC18/FF14/T14/CMD21 | F+9/R+11/W+3 | Inish +4, Per +11}

"Um, I can try. Little disembodied voice ghost boy, could you please open up this door for big sister Dryn?"


Aarakess Ingrid was on track. There appears to be wind currents throughout the room and interrupting them seems to trigger the trap. Its very complicated and sophisticated and impossible to avoid when crossing the beam.

Dryn says the last few feet before the platform she is on doesn't have any wind currents that she can tell.

The voice doesn't say anything back, but you think you might hear a giggle


{HP 74/74 | AC18/FF14/T14/CMD21 | F+9/R+11/W+3 | Inish +4, Per +11}

"Rude little voice, it's giggling!"


So with no more response from "The Voice" what is the plan?


Female HP: 36/36, AC:16 / T12 / F14 CMD:15 Fort:2,Ref:6,Will:6 Aasimar Bard 4

Ingrid will crawl prone across the bridge to Dryn'taka's position to see if she can help unlock the door, but keeps a look out for anything.


Crawling doesn't help as an iron ball shoots out about 15' in, but you were expecting it and dodged it easily.

Attack vs Flat-Footed 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9
Damage 1d4 ⇒ 2 Reflex DC 16 or fall for 1d3 ⇒ 3

Keep going? Head back?


Female HP: 36/36, AC:16 / T12 / F14 CMD:15 Fort:2,Ref:6,Will:6 Aasimar Bard 4

Archaeologist’s Luck: +1

Reflex: 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 5 + 1 = 16

she keeps going.

951 to 1,000 of 5,972 << first < prev | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Blood's Age Of Worms (Group 2) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.