Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

GM Blood's Age of Worms in Golarion #2

Game Master David James Olsen

Group 2 Map
Loot spreadsheet


851 to 900 of 5,549 << first < prev | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | next > last >>

Female HP: 36/36, AC:16 / T12 / F14 CMD:15 Fort:2,Ref:6,Will:6 Aasimar Bard 4

I think he's still paralyzed


No that wears off in a few rounds so he's fine....*Smile*


Lizardman hp=75/76(AC23/ff23/t10) {F=+10/R=+5/W=+7} CMD 22 Paladin 7 (Shining Knight) Smite evil 0/3 - Lay on hands 1/6

"I think I'd like someone to at least swim out a little and keep me in sight while I scout some more. Maybe you can take turns swimming out on the rope and waiting a while until someone comes out to relieve you. The evil ghoul had to have his room to himself and there may be treasure in there."

Justin is either very brave or very foolish (or both) and heads into the water again. He is careful to detect evil every 60 feet. First he looks for drains, valves or spigots to release water, second he looks for the ghoul's treasure.

I hope ghouls don't come in mated pairs.


{HP 63/65 | AC18/FF15/T13/CMD19 | F+8/R+9/W+3 | Inish +5, Per +9} Female Tiefling (Daemon-Spawn) Alchemist (Chirurgeon) 7

Dryn'taka speaks up quickly, and a little too eagerly, "I'll do it! I've got a big spiked metal club here I can use if something else sneaks up on ya!"


Female Dwarf Witch/7 - (HP: 51/65; AC 16; FF 14; Touch 16; Init +2; Fort +6/8; Ref +5/+7; Will +7/+9

As Dryn jumps in after the lizard. I wonder whether she realizes that the morning star is really heavy and is about as easy to swing in water as it would be to attack a monster in molasses.


After investigating below nothing else detects as evil, nor is there a remaining threat below. You find a drain but something has managed to plug it so badly it would take weeks to clear it.

The southern door is what was once a toilet room.

To the west where the thing came from you find in a locker 38 gp, 2 pp, 55 sp, and a gold pathfinder ring

To the east is a dead body wearing red armor. At first you panic, but it is just a dead body.

On the dead body you find red masterwork leather armor (Would need some work after being underwater for decades), a short sword (Needing no work and in perfect shape), and a red lantern which is in the same style as the ones upstairs.

Loot updated on Campaign sheet


Lizardman hp=75/76(AC23/ff23/t10) {F=+10/R=+5/W=+7} CMD 22 Paladin 7 (Shining Knight) Smite evil 0/3 - Lay on hands 1/6

Justin proudly returns with the treasure. "It was almost worth getting torn up for this. When we get all the lanterns lit and go through the now impotent color spray trap up high, it may really be worth it!!"

Justin changes to his scale armor after the salvage operation is complete. Back to AC 18!


Male Half-Elven Ranger (Infiltrator): 7
Status:
(HP: 82/82; AC: 20(22)/13/20(22); CMD: 22; Fort +8, Ref: +7, Will: +3 [+5])

Kilthan smiles, "Good to know almost getting eaten was worth something."


Female HP: 36/36, AC:16 / T12 / F14 CMD:15 Fort:2,Ref:6,Will:6 Aasimar Bard 4

"So we now have the missing piece for that room."


Female Dwarf Witch/7 - (HP: 51/65; AC 16; FF 14; Touch 16; Init +2; Fort +6/8; Ref +5/+7; Will +7/+9

Interesting stuff, lets see what you found.

I cast Detect Magic on the loot.

Spellcraft(ring): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (14) + 10 = 24
Spellcraft(sword): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (19) + 10 = 29

Well, it appears we have just about finished examining this part of the dungeon. We have five more colors to check as well as the high tunnel Kilthan started on. I think we have two choices, rest and start back up. Or return to town, rest and resupply and then return tomorrow. Considering how many other crypt seekers there are in town, I would prefer that we simply continued pushing forward after resting to recover our magical abilities as I know several of us are running low.


{HP 63/65 | AC18/FF15/T13/CMD19 | F+8/R+9/W+3 | Inish +5, Per +9} Female Tiefling (Daemon-Spawn) Alchemist (Chirurgeon) 7

"Resting sounds good. I would consider heading back so I can make some Water Breathing potions, so what just happened doesn't happen again. But, uh, I don't know the formulae. Hopefully no more water filled caverns, right? So rest up top in the big room with the lanterns?" Checking her quiver, another thought comes to mind, "Oh, and I'm down to 10 bolts left for my crossbow. Hmm, that's a toughy down here to fix. They should last though."


The ring is not magical but the short sword is. It is +1


Male Half-Elven Ranger (Infiltrator): 7
Status:
(HP: 82/82; AC: 20(22)/13/20(22); CMD: 22; Fort +8, Ref: +7, Will: +3 [+5])

Kilthan says, "I'm kind of torn, part of me would really like to use the lanterns."


Female Dwarf Witch/7 - (HP: 51/65; AC 16; FF 14; Touch 16; Init +2; Fort +6/8; Ref +5/+7; Will +7/+9

My vote is to rest and then continue to turn the sarcophagus above. I would hate to start on the lantern passage to only have something come up from behind. Being the one usually in the back, I am keen on trying to assure that nothing else is there.

While the fights have been tough, we are finding quality magic items which will assist us as we go forward. This little sword for instance is magical. Not strong magic, but any magic helps when something is trying to kill you. Does anyone know how to use one of these little swords? It is not something that I am trained in.


Female HP: 36/36, AC:16 / T12 / F14 CMD:15 Fort:2,Ref:6,Will:6 Aasimar Bard 4

"I could use it, but I wonder if anyone else want's it.
and I say that we should head back, as undead filth tend to carry diseases,
So I think we might need to get the boys a check up."


{HP 63/65 | AC18/FF15/T13/CMD19 | F+8/R+9/W+3 | Inish +5, Per +9} Female Tiefling (Daemon-Spawn) Alchemist (Chirurgeon) 7

"We don't have to go all the way back to town for that, I can give 'em both a look over quick!"

Assuming they dont' resist.

Heal check Kilthan: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12
Heal check Justin: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8


Lizardman hp=75/76(AC23/ff23/t10) {F=+10/R=+5/W=+7} CMD 22 Paladin 7 (Shining Knight) Smite evil 0/3 - Lay on hands 1/6

After Justin dresses in his scale mail and puts his 'swimming' armor in his pack he makes a long speech.

"I think we head back and resupply for three reasons: (1) making sure we have no diseases ,(2) relating our finding to Alustran and possibly getting further information, and (3) getting more torches to complete the lit lantern puzzle."

"I am thinking like Kilthan, very next thing I want to do is turn the coffin and explore past the up high trap I think we can get through with the lanterns lit. Now that I see a way to it, and it is so well protected, we may find artifacts and treasures that will significantly help us in the other unexplored portions."

"I think we can hide almost all our treasure and return with disappointed looks on our faces to take care of the risk we all agreed up front and letting people know this is a good place to explore. I have no problem having Ingrid use that small sword most of the time, but if something is only affected by enchanted weapons, Kilthan or I should use it."


Female Dwarf Witch/7 - (HP: 51/65; AC 16; FF 14; Touch 16; Init +2; Fort +6/8; Ref +5/+7; Will +7/+9

Ok, seems I am over ruled. Lets head back to town and see what we can sell/stock up on. I assume that Dryn and Rohara will use healing to max everyone out.

@DM Blood - is there anything that needs to be appraised? I don't see values on the rings, although some might be things we should not be selling.

Appraise(silver ring): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10
Appraise(gold ring): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16

Once we figure out how much we have, we can decide whether we can buy any stuff.


HP 69 of 69 - AC 23 (T 13, FF 20) - F +6, R +5, W +10

"Well... If there are other unexplored chambers at each of the other colors, with the turning of the sarcophagus, I would like to search those out before continuing on and upward. Perhaps there are more clues as to what all those is really about. Not to mention a few more magical trinkets could not hurt." Rohara says adding her opinion to the others.

"When we do return to the surface, I would suggest near night time and that we proceed to Allustan's and do our best not to run into anyone else. It would not be good to bring others back upon this find... not yet anyhow." the woman suggests.

She looks about at the others, "For now, I am not yet spent on the gifts given to me by Desna... if we are to conintue our search of any more of these smaller chambers?"


Female Dwarf Witch/7 - (HP: 51/65; AC 16; FF 14; Touch 16; Init +2; Fort +6/8; Ref +5/+7; Will +7/+9

That is what my though was Rohara. If we have the energy, we can search at least one more alcove area and see what it holds. And definitely we should return late so that we can sneak in without raising suspicion.


{HP 63/65 | AC18/FF15/T13/CMD19 | F+8/R+9/W+3 | Inish +5, Per +9} Female Tiefling (Daemon-Spawn) Alchemist (Chirurgeon) 7

Just a quick FYI, I can't use infusions on others until level 2. So while someone could drink one, it'd only make 'em sick.


Lizardman hp=75/76(AC23/ff23/t10) {F=+10/R=+5/W=+7} CMD 22 Paladin 7 (Shining Knight) Smite evil 0/3 - Lay on hands 1/6

I call this the one more room syndrome. Nine times out of ten no problem will occur. The one time in ten it can end disastrously. If we do search another chamber, we should EDIT: rest right now (resting with healing resources unspent is a good thing in case something happens), and explore a smaller chamber the next day. The fact that we are a short walk from town makes going back quite efficient.


Female Dwarf Witch/7 - (HP: 51/65; AC 16; FF 14; Touch 16; Init +2; Fort +6/8; Ref +5/+7; Will +7/+9
Dryn'taka Devilschild wrote:
Just a quick FYI, I can't use infusions on others until level 2. So while someone could drink one, it'd only make 'em sick.

Aarakess looks around while whistling innocently, when she notices that DM Blood is looking the other way, she slips Dryn a Potion of Raise to Level 2. There, problem solved.


Male Half-Elven Ranger (Infiltrator): 7
Status:
(HP: 82/82; AC: 20(22)/13/20(22); CMD: 22; Fort +8, Ref: +7, Will: +3 [+5])

Kilthan nods at Rohara's comments, "I agree. If we have more magic left to us, let's explore another area -- I think we'll all want to be well rested and ready before trying to use these lanterns, even if the anticipation is building."

He sighs, then says, "However, we may have to start eating the sludge if we stay too long."


Aarakess isn't sure about the value at this time.

So either way you are returning to the top

Am I right in assuming you are turning the sarcophagus again? If so I need locations for everyone. Remember you can have up to three pushing 2 pushing clockwise, and one on the backside. I placed Justin and Kilthan already, please list location on map and who else will push, if applicable. Then the pushers I need a Str check, I will take the top check and the other two will be aiding that roll, if high enough.

Map of Room


{HP 63/65 | AC18/FF15/T13/CMD19 | F+8/R+9/W+3 | Inish +5, Per +9} Female Tiefling (Daemon-Spawn) Alchemist (Chirurgeon) 7

If we are going to continue, I could brew another Mutagen. It just takes me an hour to do it, if we want to wait or not is up to the group.


Female Dwarf Witch/7 - (HP: 51/65; AC 16; FF 14; Touch 16; Init +2; Fort +6/8; Ref +5/+7; Will +7/+9

Take the hour to brew. We have the time. Figure that is Justin and Kilthan recovering their breath after being beaten senseless.

I will be back by the bottom of the stairwell up toward the wolf level carefully watching for anything that may appear once the sarcophagus is moved.


{HP 63/65 | AC18/FF15/T13/CMD19 | F+8/R+9/W+3 | Inish +5, Per +9} Female Tiefling (Daemon-Spawn) Alchemist (Chirurgeon) 7

K, I'll brew another Dex Mutagen.


Lizardman hp=75/76(AC23/ff23/t10) {F=+10/R=+5/W=+7} CMD 22 Paladin 7 (Shining Knight) Smite evil 0/3 - Lay on hands 1/6

Ok, I still vote on resting or returning now. There is no shame in resting with spare healing resources in case something disturbs your rest.


Part of that hour would have been searching below the water, identifying items, etc.


Lizardman hp=75/76(AC23/ff23/t10) {F=+10/R=+5/W=+7} CMD 22 Paladin 7 (Shining Knight) Smite evil 0/3 - Lay on hands 1/6

If we are turning the coffin. Strx3 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 81d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 171d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20


HP 69 of 69 - AC 23 (T 13, FF 20) - F +6, R +5, W +10

Rohara puts her weapon and shield a moment and helps the lizardman push the sarcophagus. with much effort the cleric pushes...

(( Strength check x3 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8, 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19, 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15 ))


Male Half-Elven Ranger (Infiltrator): 7
Status:
(HP: 82/82; AC: 20(22)/13/20(22); CMD: 22; Fort +8, Ref: +7, Will: +3 [+5])

Kilthan takes up his usual place and pushes on the sarcophagus...

Str: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
Str: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
Str: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11


You turn the sarcophagus on your second attempt and its rests facing the blue alcove. Nothing happens, no rumbling, or cylinder rising from below.

Map of Room


{HP 63/65 | AC18/FF15/T13/CMD19 | F+8/R+9/W+3 | Inish +5, Per +9} Female Tiefling (Daemon-Spawn) Alchemist (Chirurgeon) 7

"Um, shouldn't it do something?" Dryn'taka will go over and examine the area.

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18


Female HP: 36/36, AC:16 / T12 / F14 CMD:15 Fort:2,Ref:6,Will:6 Aasimar Bard 4

"I'll go with you in case there is a hidden danger."

1d20 + 11 ⇒ (18) + 11 = 29

I think the aasimar and tielfing are slowly becoming a double team.


Female Dwarf Witch/7 - (HP: 51/65; AC 16; FF 14; Touch 16; Init +2; Fort +6/8; Ref +5/+7; Will +7/+9

Don't forget that we already know there is a passage that leads out from the blue alcove, but it is up high. If you do not see anything, then lets move it again and see what we find.


Currently I am dealing with majorly crippled internet, but still limping along

You search the area, find nothing, and are confident you didn't miss anything.

Turning the sarcophagus again it rests in the Indigo alcove and the distant rumbling below happens once again, and a small chamber, like that in the yellow alcove rises up, doors opening.

Inside is not empty however, as you walk up to it you notice numerous crushed bones and moldy clothing inside on the floor.

Map of Room


{HP 63/65 | AC18/FF15/T13/CMD19 | F+8/R+9/W+3 | Inish +5, Per +9} Female Tiefling (Daemon-Spawn) Alchemist (Chirurgeon) 7
Ingrid Anika Nina Jones wrote:
I think the aasimar and tielfing are slowly becoming a double team.

Only way better is if we were flanking buddies.

"I don't see nothin' here. Do you Ingrid?"

Assuming a no of course.

"So next one now, I take it?"


My slow internet is haunting me, please see above Justin's and Dryn's post


Lizardman hp=75/76(AC23/ff23/t10) {F=+10/R=+5/W=+7} CMD 22 Paladin 7 (Shining Knight) Smite evil 0/3 - Lay on hands 1/6

Deleted earlier post.
Justin immediately begins about 20 seconds of detecting evil.
"This could be some action. Next undead I want to be conscious for."


{HP 63/65 | AC18/FF15/T13/CMD19 | F+8/R+9/W+3 | Inish +5, Per +9} Female Tiefling (Daemon-Spawn) Alchemist (Chirurgeon) 7

"Hmmm. Considering the last dead guy we found got back up and tried to kill Justin, how we wanna handle this one?" Dryn'taka pulls up her crossbow and keeps it leveled at the elevator chamber. "I can go first if ya'll want this time."


Female Dwarf Witch/7 - (HP: 51/65; AC 16; FF 14; Touch 16; Init +2; Fort +6/8; Ref +5/+7; Will +7/+9

I would hate for someone to get crushed like that. I wonder what caused this.

I walk over and look at the bones.

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25


No evil detected, and as crushed as the bones are no way it could even form to walk.

Aarakess reaches in and picks through the bones and finds a pouch that contains 35 gp, 15 sp, and a small red ruby.


Female Dwarf Witch/7 - (HP: 51/65; AC 16; FF 14; Touch 16; Init +2; Fort +6/8; Ref +5/+7; Will +7/+9

Considering the state of the bones, I would prefer that we put something into the compartment, perhaps one of the wolf corpses, and then turn the sarcophagus so that it drops back down. We would have to turn it all around to get it back up, but it would be better than one of us ending up like that. I point at the crushed bones.

Appraise(ruby): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18


{HP 63/65 | AC18/FF15/T13/CMD19 | F+8/R+9/W+3 | Inish +5, Per +9} Female Tiefling (Daemon-Spawn) Alchemist (Chirurgeon) 7

"Sounds like alot of work. But you're probably right."


Male Half-Elven Ranger (Infiltrator): 7
Status:
(HP: 82/82; AC: 20(22)/13/20(22); CMD: 22; Fort +8, Ref: +7, Will: +3 [+5])

Kilthan says, "I'd rather get a little dirty than a little squishy. I'll go grab us a test subject."


Kilthan grabs a dead wolf and drags it into the chamber. After a few seconds, 2 Rounds the chamber recedes into the floor. It does not come back up on its own though.


Lizardman hp=75/76(AC23/ff23/t10) {F=+10/R=+5/W=+7} CMD 22 Paladin 7 (Shining Knight) Smite evil 0/3 - Lay on hands 1/6

"I guess we use my rope to go down this one. Good call on the test wolf."

Justin looks for a place to secure his 50' silk rope at the top.


There is no hole to go down. The top of the small chamber went down to the floor so it is flush again. It was like the yellow alcove where when one person went down. The yellow alcove chamber rose again after someone exited the chamber below.

851 to 900 of 5,549 << first < prev | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Blood's Age Of Worms (Group 2) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.