Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

GM Blood's Age of Worms in Golarion #2

Game Master David James Olsen

Group 2 Map
Loot spreadsheet


751 to 800 of 6,423 << first < prev | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | next > last >>

HP 90 of 90 - AC 26 (T 15, FF 22) - F +8, R +5, W +11

Should Justin return to request a light source, Rohara will cast a light spell on an appropriate item for him (be it a light weapon, holy symbol, or whatever he wants to carry.) "There you are my friend, Desna will light your way." She says with a smile and a wry smile.


Map of Underwater Room

There are four pillars and a central structure in this room. What looks to be shower spigots are about 8 feet off the floor. There is a door to the north as well as passages to the east and west.

Item of note, if you see the compass on the map, the "stylized arrow" is the one mentioned before that was Nadroc's, the Bralani Wind Duke.


Female Dwarf Witch/9 - (HP: 83/83; AC 16; FF 14; Touch 16; Fort +7/+9; Ref +6/+8; Will +8/+10; Init +2; Per +11/+13

I would like to send whoever decided to make N any direction except up on the maps my unending enmity.


{HP 74/74 | AC18/FF14/T14/CMD21 | F+9/R+11/W+3 | Inish +4, Per +11}

Amen to that. Wait, did a devil just say Amen?


Lizardman hp=97/97(AC24/ff24/t11) {F=+11/R=+6/W=+8} CMD 25 Paladin 9 (Shining Knight) Smite evil 0/3 - Lay on hands 5/7

Justin returns for a light and sets up a signalling system. Two tugs means pull like crazy. One tug means everything fine.

"I will look for an air pocket or above water place you can all swim to."

Justin then begins a systematic exploration of the water looking for above water spaces or air pockets for his companions. He will try to keep line of sight to his companions if possible.


Female Dwarf Witch/9 - (HP: 83/83; AC 16; FF 14; Touch 16; Fort +7/+9; Ref +6/+8; Will +8/+10; Init +2; Per +11/+13
Dryn'taka Devilschild wrote:
Amen to that. Wait, did a devil just say Amen?

No, I do believe it was said by a Daemon, not a devil.


No places for air pockets below, you will have to swim back to the stairs for air. Good news is with a swim speed its pretty easy to get around. Justin does not note anything in the main room, care to inspect one of the side room or behind the door?

Future note to self, rotate every map from now on to not have north point up


Female HP: 36/36, AC:16 / T12 / F14 CMD:15 Fort:2,Ref:6,Will:6 Aasimar Bard 4
Dryn'taka Devilschild wrote:
Amen to that. Wait, did a devil just say Amen?

lol, but your also part human, I think.

I have a half-succubus cleric/monk character as a NPC


Lizardman hp=97/97(AC24/ff24/t11) {F=+11/R=+6/W=+8} CMD 25 Paladin 9 (Shining Knight) Smite evil 0/3 - Lay on hands 5/7

Yes to both rooms after reporting back.

Detect evil for a half minute before entering each side room.


Sorry completely missed Justin's post yesterday and today

Justin attempts to find evil from both the east and west room. The east room is clear, but Justin gets a strong sense of evil from the west room.


Lizardman hp=97/97(AC24/ff24/t11) {F=+11/R=+6/W=+8} CMD 25 Paladin 9 (Shining Knight) Smite evil 0/3 - Lay on hands 5/7

Justin reports back to the group, "Strong evil is in the west room. As a sworn enemy of all that is evil it is tough to leave it lie. Maybe I can lead it back here, rig a line to the west room, or tow some of you to fight with me. Any ideas?"

Normally I would think I can handle anything myself, but I have the acid burns on my hide to prove that I cannot.


Female Dwarf Witch/9 - (HP: 83/83; AC 16; FF 14; Touch 16; Fort +7/+9; Ref +6/+8; Will +8/+10; Init +2; Per +11/+13

Is it an evil monster? Or something evil such as a totem or an altar?


Female HP: 36/36, AC:16 / T12 / F14 CMD:15 Fort:2,Ref:6,Will:6 Aasimar Bard 4

"It would be easier to deal with this problem, if we had potions of water breathing, but we have to make do with are current resources."


{HP 74/74 | AC18/FF14/T14/CMD21 | F+9/R+11/W+3 | Inish +4, Per +11}

"Water Breathing is a little beyond me yet. Those are hard, gonna be a while before I can master 'em. There's a swimming potion I've heard of I could make, doesn't help the whole breathing issue, but I don't know it as yet. Hmm, this is a toughy. I could just hold my breath down there, but water and bombs don't too well. I could go all shark like on 'em.." She snaps her teeth at this, "..but I'd run out of air fast that way." She crosses her arms in thought for a moment. "So rig a line like fishing maybe? If it's a big scary monster, we could try tying a piece of meat on a hook and lure it out to us. See what it is that way maybe."


Female HP: 36/36, AC:16 / T12 / F14 CMD:15 Fort:2,Ref:6,Will:6 Aasimar Bard 4

she jokingly adds
"If we go with the fishing idea, it would require live bait."


{HP 74/74 | AC18/FF14/T14/CMD21 | F+9/R+11/W+3 | Inish +4, Per +11}

"Well, we should probably send the smallest one for that..." She takes a look at the assebled personage, eying Justin's dog for a moment. "Obviously it wouldn't be nice to send the doggy, can't hold on. That would leave...." She gulps as she realizes who's left.

I think I'm the smallest in group at present.


Female Dwarf Witch/9 - (HP: 83/83; AC 16; FF 14; Touch 16; Fort +7/+9; Ref +6/+8; Will +8/+10; Init +2; Per +11/+13

Is there some way to drain the chamber? It seems strange that it is full. I wonder whether there is a drain that could be opened?

Don't suppose we could siphon it out.


Female HP: 36/36, AC:16 / T12 / F14 CMD:15 Fort:2,Ref:6,Will:6 Aasimar Bard 4

You are the shortest Dryn'taka.

"draining it would be better."


{HP 74/74 | AC18/FF14/T14/CMD21 | F+9/R+11/W+3 | Inish +4, Per +11}

"All right, draining it is!" Dryn'taka sounds relieved at the idea. "See anything that looked like a drain down there?"


Vitals (Kilthan):
(HP: 107/107; AC: 22(24)/14/20(22); CMD: 25; Fort +11, Ref: +8, Will: +4 [+6]; Rage: 8/8)
Male Half-Elven Ranger (Infiltrator): 8/Bloodrager (Spelleater): 1
Vitals (Jagdbach):
(HP: 81/81 (105/105); AC: 25(23)/13(11)/22(20); CMD: 23 (25) {27 (29) trip}; Fort +9(+11), Ref: +10, Will: +3(+5); {+4 v. enchantments})

Kilthan says, "Might be a bilge or pump in there -- that would solve the problem, too.."


Lizardman hp=97/97(AC24/ff24/t11) {F=+11/R=+6/W=+8} CMD 25 Paladin 9 (Shining Knight) Smite evil 0/3 - Lay on hands 5/7

"There were those spigots in what looked like a shower, I will see what they do. I will also look for something to drain out the water. Thanks for the advice--back in a minute."

Justin returns to seee if the spigots work or there is a drain careful to use his detect evil to make up for his lack of perception.


Sorry for the delay, Carrion Crown game went late. I was hoping for an update tonight, but ran out of time. Later in the morning tomorrow for the next update


OK, apologize again, the day is not going according to plan.[/ooc

Map of Shower area

As Justin swim back under to look for a drain, his detect evil goes off sooner than expected. He notices a humanoid creature with long, sharp teeth, and pallid flesh is stretched tightly over its starved frame. It has red leather armor with the pathfinder symbol on it. (like the ones found before)

GM Blood:

[ooc]Initiative Justin D'Rite 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (13) + 0 = 13
Initiative Monster 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20

The creature swims towards Justin at a fast speed and tries to bite him!

Bite 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25
Damage 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

Confirm Bite 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22
Extra Crit Damage 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

Justin needs to make two Fort Saves! And then it is his turn

Round1

Initiative - Monster, Justin


Female HP: 36/36, AC:16 / T12 / F14 CMD:15 Fort:2,Ref:6,Will:6 Aasimar Bard 4

"For some reason, I now have an uneasy feeling."


Lizardman hp=97/97(AC24/ff24/t11) {F=+11/R=+6/W=+8} CMD 25 Paladin 9 (Shining Knight) Smite evil 0/3 - Lay on hands 5/7

HP 6/13.Smite evil+ Full power attack while pulling on line FORT1/FORT2/Claw1/Claw2/bite1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 81d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 101d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 181d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 101d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 111d4 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 91d4 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 71d3 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9


Justin:
None of your attacks go through as you are paralyzed. You can continue to hold your breath. The creature just sits and stares at you for a moment. It licks it lips and maybe is looking for the best part of your throat to eat. It seems like he is enjoying your dilemma of being paralyzed underwater.

Stares at Justin before eating for 1d3 ⇒ 3 Rounds
Paralyzed for 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4 Rounds

One round of Chewing

1d6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5 Make Fortitude save or be re-paralyzed. And I mean make it!!


Female HP: 36/36, AC:16 / T12 / F14 CMD:15 Fort:2,Ref:6,Will:6 Aasimar Bard 4

freaky, in that she called it in a way


Female Dwarf Witch/9 - (HP: 83/83; AC 16; FF 14; Touch 16; Fort +7/+9; Ref +6/+8; Will +8/+10; Init +2; Per +11/+13

Time wise how long would we realistically leave him down there. If he is holding his breath, I am going to assume that it would be less than a minute before we started pulling.

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15 <-- Up to the DM if I notice that the line has gone slack for a while and is not feeding out more.

If I notice: How long do we let the rope go slack like this? Seems as though it has been unmoving for a while with something very evil down there. And does anyone know how long a lizard can hold his breath?


HP 90 of 90 - AC 26 (T 15, FF 22) - F +8, R +5, W +11

"Uh-oh. Trouble?" Assuming the pulling on the line is the appropriate two times, Rohara starts to pull the lizard out.

(( Strength check to pull... 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11 ))


A minute seems early before you would start to worry. He has been down there maybe 35-40 seconds, so probably not panic time yet. Justin knew he hold his breath for nearly 3 minutes


Female Dwarf Witch/9 - (HP: 83/83; AC 16; FF 14; Touch 16; Fort +7/+9; Ref +6/+8; Will +8/+10; Init +2; Per +11/+13

How about the fact that the rope went slack after only about 20-25'. Not sure what roll would be required, but since he had previously stated that there was something very evil, I know I would be a bit jumpy if something strange happened, like the rope completely stopping moving after 25'.

Sorry, just trying to figure out logical ways to help our palizard.


Lizardman hp=97/97(AC24/ff24/t11) {F=+11/R=+6/W=+8} CMD 25 Paladin 9 (Shining Knight) Smite evil 0/3 - Lay on hands 5/7

GM Blood:
AC = 16 with the Studded Leather

Too bad the dog or horse couldn't swim. I think it is tens of minutes for lizardmen. Palizard, I like that.


Just need a made fort save then its your turn,

GM Blood:

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23
Confirm 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
So just the 5 dam
age from before, you are at 2 hp. If you fail your save then its over)


Female HP: 36/36, AC:16 / T12 / F14 CMD:15 Fort:2,Ref:6,Will:6 Aasimar Bard 4

"I think we should pull him in, as I fell really uneasy right now and the rope stopped moving."


Lizardman hp=97/97(AC24/ff24/t11) {F=+11/R=+6/W=+8} CMD 25 Paladin 9 (Shining Knight) Smite evil 0/3 - Lay on hands 5/7

Justin underwater:
Justin calls to Iomedae as he feels his body stop working. Fort 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8 The bones are cold again :-(


The party gets concerned about Justin so they pull him in (Will take 2 rounds)

Justin:
Missed Fort save for paralysis 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2 Rounds paralyzed.

Justin is ripe for a coup de grace, but this creature likes to eat his victims alive for as long as possible, so two attacks while he attempts to eat you. FYI, your AC will be 10 (+3 armor, +2 Nat Armor, -5 Dex) but he also gets a +4 to attack as you are helpless. (Just looked it up and he actually failed to confirm that last crit)

So two attacks before you are pulled out

bite 1d20 + 3 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 3 + 4 = 23
Damage 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

bite 1d20 + 3 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 3 + 4 = 15
Damage 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

Make one more Fort Save, though you will be at -8 when they pull you out (but could be healed to positive and still be paralyzed)

If Fort Save less than 13 than 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4 rounds more

After pulling on the rope you pull out Justin who is still as a board and with chew marks all over him. A hideous creature comes out of the water and attacks!

GM Blood:

Initiative Kilthan Hammerstone 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12 (Below Ground)
Initiative Aarakess Halcorn 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
Initiative Dryn'taka Devilschild 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11
Initiative Ingrid Anika Nina Jones 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
Initiative Justin D'Rite 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (3) + 0 = 3
Initiative Rohara Acharya 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11
Initiative Monster 1d20 ⇒ 13

Bite Kilthan 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21
Damage 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3 Two Fort Saves please Kilthan

Round 1

Initiative - Creature, Kilthan, Dryn'taka, Rohara, Aarakess, Ingrid, Justin (unconscious)

Knowledge (Religion) DC 12:
Ghouls are undead who feast upon corpses and carrion. They are tough and intelligent creatures. This reveals all undead traits.

Knowledge (Religion) DC 17:
The bite of a ghoul infects the victim with a horrible disease called ghoul fever. Those who die from this disease rise again to become a ghoul themselves.

Knowledge (Religion) DC 22:
The bite or touch of a ghoul causes paralysis in its victim.

Knowledge (Religion) DC 27:
There are other variations of ghouls, including the aquatic lacedon and the more powerful ghast.


{HP 74/74 | AC18/FF14/T14/CMD21 | F+9/R+11/W+3 | Inish +4, Per +11}

Round 1

Stats:

HP: 10/10
AC: 16 FF14 T13 CMD14
F/R/W: 4/5/0
Boms Rem: 3/5

"You monster! You'll pay for what you did to Justin!!" Dryn'taka pulls out one of her vials and drinks it. As you watch, her movements become quicker, her skin a little tougher and thicker, her eyes more focused. "Let's see how this goes." Even her words sound strange, quick and echoing, as she focuses on the creature.

Standard action to drink the dexterity mutagen. +4 Dex, -2 Wis, +2 Natural Armor for 10 minutes.


Female Dwarf Witch/9 - (HP: 83/83; AC 16; FF 14; Touch 16; Fort +7/+9; Ref +6/+8; Will +8/+10; Init +2; Per +11/+13

This is not good. Lets back up so that we can surround it.

Move to -A/11

I use Evil Eye Hex on the monster --> -2 to Attack for 7 rounds, DC14 reduces to 1 round

I cannot reach Justin where he is to heal him right now.


The monster seems unaffected by the hex. It does take notice of Dryn'taka as she changes, a hungry look in its dead eyes.


Female Dwarf Witch/9 - (HP: 83/83; AC 16; FF 14; Touch 16; Fort +7/+9; Ref +6/+8; Will +8/+10; Init +2; Per +11/+13

Note to self - undead are not affected by mind affecting spells and hexes. DOH!!


HP 90 of 90 - AC 26 (T 15, FF 22) - F +8, R +5, W +11

(( Knowledge (Religion) check 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19 ))

"Ware the ghoul!" Rohara calls out, "A malevolent being of undeath."

She takes a step back and then reaches for the blue butterfly about her neck, Desna, grant us your blessings to fight this evil being."

Round 1: 5-ft step to C-11, cast Bless (+1 morale bonus on attack rolls and on saving throws against fear effects)

Status:
HP: 8/8 remaining
AC: 20 (18 Flat-footed / 12 Touch)
In Hand: Mace and shield
Conditions: Bless (10 rounds)
Spells (0-level, DC 13, at will) Create Water, Detect Magic, Light; (1st level, DC 14) Bless-©, Bless, True Strike (d)
Channel Energy (1d6, DC 12) 6 of 7 remaining
Bit of Luck 5 of 6 remaining (Any time the target rolls a d20, he may roll twice and take the more favorable result)
Agile Feet 6 of 6 remaining (ignore all difficult terrain for 1 round)


Female HP: 36/36, AC:16 / T12 / F14 CMD:15 Fort:2,Ref:6,Will:6 Aasimar Bard 4

Ingrid attack the creature with her whip

Atk: 1d20 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 2 + 1 = 15

Dam: 1d3 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 2 + 1 = 5

HP: 8/8


Vitals (Kilthan):
(HP: 107/107; AC: 22(24)/14/20(22); CMD: 25; Fort +11, Ref: +8, Will: +4 [+6]; Rage: 8/8)
Male Half-Elven Ranger (Infiltrator): 8/Bloodrager (Spelleater): 1
Vitals (Jagdbach):
(HP: 81/81 (105/105); AC: 25(23)/13(11)/22(20); CMD: 23 (25) {27 (29) trip}; Fort +9(+11), Ref: +10, Will: +3(+5); {+4 v. enchantments})

Elves are immune to ghoul paralysis, and elven blood of half-elves would convey that resistance, no?

Fort Save: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24
Fort Save: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

I sure hope so, based on that second roll. Will wait for adjudication before trying to post an action.

Status: 8/12 hp...


Kilthan Hammerstone wrote:


I sure hope so, based on that second roll. Will wait for adjudication before trying to post an action.

You are correct, but they weren't both for Paralysis!

Kilthan is up!

Justin:
Will need a Con check to stabilize DC 18


Vitals (Kilthan):
(HP: 107/107; AC: 22(24)/14/20(22); CMD: 25; Fort +11, Ref: +8, Will: +4 [+6]; Rage: 8/8)
Male Half-Elven Ranger (Infiltrator): 8/Bloodrager (Spelleater): 1
Vitals (Jagdbach):
(HP: 81/81 (105/105); AC: 25(23)/13(11)/22(20); CMD: 23 (25) {27 (29) trip}; Fort +9(+11), Ref: +10, Will: +3(+5); {+4 v. enchantments})

Kilthan snarls at the corpse that's come out of the water, "Bloody thing bit me! Well, my axe bites back!", he shouts as he swings the blade down at the creature.

Waraxe (PA) + bless: 1d20 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 3 + 1 = 12 for 1d10 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8


Lizardman hp=97/97(AC24/ff24/t11) {F=+11/R=+6/W=+8} CMD 25 Paladin 9 (Shining Knight) Smite evil 0/3 - Lay on hands 5/7

dm:
con checks hopefully only one needed1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 221d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19


The creature is still untouched.

It takes a step D11 and bites and two claws at Dryn

Bite 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17
Damage 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3 *Two Fort saves if hit*

Claw 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
Damage 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4*One Fort saves if hit*

Claw 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15
Damage 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7 *One Fort saves if hit*

Round 1

Initiative - Creature, Kilthan, Dryn'taka, Rohara, Aarakess, Ingrid, Justin (unconscious)

Justin:
You are stable at -8

Monster Stats AC 18 T 12 FF 16


Female Dwarf Witch/9 - (HP: 83/83; AC 16; FF 14; Touch 16; Fort +7/+9; Ref +6/+8; Will +8/+10; Init +2; Per +11/+13

We need to get Justin out of there and get that thing into this room. Everyone back up!!

Double Move Action: I grab the rope that is still connected to Justin and begin to pull him into the room.

Strength: 1d20 ⇒ 10


Justin at this point is out of the water, and he is probably safer left where he is (for now) then dragging him near the ghoul


Female Dwarf Witch/9 - (HP: 83/83; AC 16; FF 14; Touch 16; Fort +7/+9; Ref +6/+8; Will +8/+10; Init +2; Per +11/+13

We still need everyone to back up.

If pulling him is a bad idea, I will cast Mage Armor on myself.

Standard Action: Cast Mage Armor --> +4 to AC for 1 hour.

751 to 800 of 6,423 << first < prev | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Blood's Age Of Worms (Group 2) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.