Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

GM Blood's Age of Worms in Golarion #2

Game Master David James Olsen

Group 2 Map
Loot spreadsheet


701 to 750 of 5,585 << first < prev | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | next > last >>

Female Dwarf Witch/7 - (HP: 51/65; AC 16; FF 14; Touch 16; Init +2; Fort +6/8; Ref +5/+7; Will +7/+9

Round 2

The more I think about it, the more I realize that I really hate bugs.

Evil Eye Hex: -2 Attacks for 7 rounds, DC14 save reduces to 1 round.

Guys, split up and surround it. That way it will not be able to spit on both of you.

Knowledge(nature): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14 <-- do I know anything about this bug?


Male Half-Elven Ranger (Infiltrator): 7
Status:
(HP: 82/82; AC: 20(22)/13/20(22); CMD: 22; Fort +8, Ref: +7, Will: +3 [+5])

Fort Save: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9

Kilthan snarls as the beetle sprays acid on him, stepping forward to bring down his axe on the beast.

Attack with Dwarven Waraxe (PA, 2H): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20 for 1d10 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14

Status:

AC: 16 Touch: 12 Flatfooted: 14
HP: 6/12
Weapon Equipped: Dwarven Waraxe (1d10/x3)
Effects: None


Kilthan kill the beetle, combat over, but I need a Will save from Kilthan as he enters the room


HP 69 of 69 - AC 23 (T 13, FF 20) - F +6, R +5, W +10

Looks like we are coming together nicely. I do need a crossbow though, standing there doing nothing, does not cut it. the woman says to herself. "Soothe the wounds of these companions..., she says clutches her holy symbol and channels her holy energies to heal the acid burns of Kilthian and Justin as she moves into the room.

Channel Energy1d6 ⇒ 5

Will Save entering the room 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13


Female HP: 36/36, AC:16 / T12 / F14 CMD:15 Fort:2,Ref:6,Will:6 Aasimar Bard 4

Ingrid enters the room

"Looks like a crypt."


Male Half-Elven Ranger (Infiltrator): 7
Status:
(HP: 82/82; AC: 20(22)/13/20(22); CMD: 22; Fort +8, Ref: +7, Will: +3 [+5])

As requested: Will Save: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3 (+2 more if Elven Immunities helps)

Edit: Or, you know, I could roll so low that it wouldn't matter if anything helps.

Edit #2: Kilthan regains 5hp from the channel, now at 11/12


As Kilthan and Rohara enter the room they both feel exceedingly tired all of a sudden Fatigue Condition

The skull of the corpse on the southwest slab has been completely crushed. It is currently wearing red masterwork leather armor with the older Pathfinder symbol on it and there is a ring on one of its hands, silver with the same Pathfinder symbol on it.


HP 69 of 69 - AC 23 (T 13, FF 20) - F +6, R +5, W +10

The woman leans on the nearest slab as she enters and seems tired and comments, "My word, that battle has... really taken it out of me. But... but I did not do much. I feel, 'drained'."

She calls upon her divine magics and casts detect magic to peer about the room.


Lizardman hp=75/76(AC23/ff23/t10) {F=+10/R=+5/W=+7} CMD 22 Paladin 7 (Shining Knight) Smite evil 0/3 - Lay on hands 1/6

Fort 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

Good shooting.


Female Dwarf Witch/7 - (HP: 51/65; AC 16; FF 14; Touch 16; Init +2; Fort +6/8; Ref +5/+7; Will +7/+9

Anything interesting in there guys?

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24


Male Half-Elven Ranger (Infiltrator): 7
Status:
(HP: 82/82; AC: 20(22)/13/20(22); CMD: 22; Fort +8, Ref: +7, Will: +3 [+5])

Kiltham staggers slightly then calls back to Aarakess, "So far, just something that's knocked the wind out of me, and a corpse in garish armour."


Lizardman hp=75/76(AC23/ff23/t10) {F=+10/R=+5/W=+7} CMD 22 Paladin 7 (Shining Knight) Smite evil 0/3 - Lay on hands 1/6

Justin points to the ring, "That is worth salvaging, isn't it?"


Female HP: 36/36, AC:16 / T12 / F14 CMD:15 Fort:2,Ref:6,Will:6 Aasimar Bard 4

casts detect magic

"Let's see"


Nothing detects as magical. The leather armor is masterwork and has been down here for a number of decades but still in good shape, the ring is silver so it is sure to have some value


Female HP: 36/36, AC:16 / T12 / F14 CMD:15 Fort:2,Ref:6,Will:6 Aasimar Bard 4

"Not magical, but it is silver which can fetch a good price"


Male Half-Elven Ranger (Infiltrator): 7
Status:
(HP: 82/82; AC: 20(22)/13/20(22); CMD: 22; Fort +8, Ref: +7, Will: +3 [+5])

Kilthan adds, "The armour may need a rubbing with oil... and to be stained to a reasonable colour, but it looks well-made."


As soon as someone leaves the room the fatigue goes away. It returns when entering again.


HP 69 of 69 - AC 23 (T 13, FF 20) - F +6, R +5, W +10

Rohara approaches the statue and examines it a little closer...

If someone happens to wear that stuff, be sure to not be around any Pathfinders. At least until we are done with this place or whatever we are doing for Allustan" she comments.

((Perception 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13 ))


Lizardman hp=75/76(AC23/ff23/t10) {F=+10/R=+5/W=+7} CMD 22 Paladin 7 (Shining Knight) Smite evil 0/3 - Lay on hands 1/6

Justin adds the ring and armor to his pack.


Female Dwarf Witch/7 - (HP: 51/65; AC 16; FF 14; Touch 16; Init +2; Fort +6/8; Ref +5/+7; Will +7/+9

I walk into the room expecting to feel exhausted, to search the room. I look at the 8 coffin appearing stones, the stage and the statue.

Will Safe: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

Perception(coffins): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11
Perception(statue/stage): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25


Male Half-Elven Ranger (Infiltrator): 7
Status:
(HP: 82/82; AC: 20(22)/13/20(22); CMD: 22; Fort +8, Ref: +7, Will: +3 [+5])

Kilthan says, "There is something very draining in that room."


The stones or coffins as you call them you guess were beds of some sort at one time. Searching the room you find nothing of value.

Map of Dungeon

Eventually you decide to move on and head North towards the stairs. As you get closer you see alcoves in the hallway with numerous pegs extended from the walls (the pegs extend about a foot from the wall and are all about 5' above the wall)

Farther down the hall there are stairs which descend to a room or rooms below, but that area has been flooded. The stairs go down a few feet before the water begins.


Lizardman hp=75/76(AC23/ff23/t10) {F=+10/R=+5/W=+7} CMD 22 Paladin 7 (Shining Knight) Smite evil 0/3 - Lay on hands 1/6

"I wonder what these pegs by the wall are for. Well, I am a very good swimmer. Do you think we should explore down the stairs?"


Female HP: 36/36, AC:16 / T12 / F14 CMD:15 Fort:2,Ref:6,Will:6 Aasimar Bard 4

"Hopefully the pegs aren't part of a trap."


Lizardman hp=75/76(AC23/ff23/t10) {F=+10/R=+5/W=+7} CMD 22 Paladin 7 (Shining Knight) Smite evil 0/3 - Lay on hands 1/6

Justin adds, "I could swim with the new armor and a rope in case something happens. That new armor would probably barely hinder my swimmming and the water would probably help wash it off."
I guess this area is fitting for a lizardman.


Female Dwarf Witch/7 - (HP: 51/65; AC 16; FF 14; Touch 16; Init +2; Fort +6/8; Ref +5/+7; Will +7/+9

I carefully examine the walls and the pegs seeing if they are some type of a trap or possibly a method to release the water.

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22


The pegs are fastened to the wall and don't move or twist or anything. You are fairly certain they are just pegs.


Female Dwarf Witch/7 - (HP: 51/65; AC 16; FF 14; Touch 16; Init +2; Fort +6/8; Ref +5/+7; Will +7/+9

I cast Detect Magic and scan the pegs and the passage.

I wonder whether we need to hang something on these pegs to drain the passage. It is possible that this is just a flood, but it seems strange as the rest of this compound is so well build and we are not close to water that would have caused this to flood, but only to this point.

Correct me if I am wrong. Is there a nearby lake of pond at the same level as this flooded passage?


The town is off Lake Ember, but with the elevation and distance you think it unlikely that this is any nearby water source

The pegs are not magical


Male Half-Elven Ranger (Infiltrator): 7
Status:
(HP: 82/82; AC: 20(22)/13/20(22); CMD: 22; Fort +8, Ref: +7, Will: +3 [+5])

Kilthan says, "A good idea, Justin -- especially the rope so we can reel you back in as needed."


Lizardman hp=75/76(AC23/ff23/t10) {F=+10/R=+5/W=+7} CMD 22 Paladin 7 (Shining Knight) Smite evil 0/3 - Lay on hands 1/6

If we notice nothing unusual as we approach the water.....

Justin changes from scale armor to masterwork studded leather (-2 AC) and ties the silk rope around him. He sheds his pack and all of his weapons except for the greatsword. Before jumping in he will see if his eyes can see anything under the water after putting his head in first.


GM Blood:

Perception: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (14) - 1 = 13
Stealth: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12

Justin:

As you put your head into the water you can see the stairs go down about 20' and enter a large room. As you are about to pull your head out, you see a small whirlpool moving your way


Lizardman hp=75/76(AC23/ff23/t10) {F=+10/R=+5/W=+7} CMD 22 Paladin 7 (Shining Knight) Smite evil 0/3 - Lay on hands 1/6

Justin pulls his head out and explains, "I see a small whirlpool coming my way. I may need some help."

Trusting his swimming skills and handing the end of the rope to Kilthan, Justin heads a little further into the water away from the safety of the stairs.
Swim1d20 + 12 ⇒ (10) + 12 = 22


Male Half-Elven Ranger (Infiltrator): 7
Status:
(HP: 82/82; AC: 20(22)/13/20(22); CMD: 22; Fort +8, Ref: +7, Will: +3 [+5])

Kilthan looks for something to brace himself against, in case he needs to pull Justin out.

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18


As you start to enter the water, the water comes alive! The translucent creature's shape shifts between a spinning column of water and a crashing wave.

Map of Battle

GM Blood:

Initiative Kilthan Hammerstone 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15 (Below Ground)
Initiative Aarakess Halcorn 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9
Initiative Dryn'taka Devilschild 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16
Initiative Ingrid Anika Nina Jones 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19
Initiative Justin D'Rite 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (14) + 0 = 14
Initiative Rohara Acharya 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16
Initiative Monster 1d20 ⇒ 13

Round 1

Initiative Order - Ingrid, Rohara, Dryn'taka, Kilthan, Justin, Water Monster, Aarakess

Monster Stats - AC 17 touch 11 flat-footed 17

Knowledge (Planes) DC 11:
This creature is a water elemental, a living manifestation of flowing water. This result reveals all elemental traits (Immunity to bleed, paralysis, poison, sleep effects, and stunning.Not subject to critical hits or flanking. Does not take additional damage from precision-based attacks, such as sneak attack) and the water subtype (Creatures with the water subtype always have swim speeds and can move in water without making Swim checks. A water creature can breathe underwater and can usually breathe air as well. Water creatures treat the Swim skill as a class skill.). A water elemental speaks Aquan.

Knowledge (Planes) DC 16:
A water elemental batters foes with its fist-like waves. Its mastery over water makes its attacks more effective if both it and its opponent are touching water. However, a water elemental’s attacks are much less effective if either it or its foe are touching the ground. It can easily overturn watercraft smaller than itself, and its touch extinguishes open flames.

Knowledge (Planes) DC 21:
More powerful water elementals are generally resistant to physical harm. A water elemental can transform itself into a small whirlpool, sucking foes to the bottom and battering them with its rushing currents.

Knowledge (Planes) DC 26:
Water elementals grow larger and more powerful over the course of their centuries-long existence. “Larval” elementals, called elementites, travel in swarms. The largest water elementals, the monoliths and primal elementals, are the size of tidal waves.

Everyone but Arakess goes before the monster!


Female HP: 36/36, AC:16 / T12 / F14 CMD:15 Fort:2,Ref:6,Will:6 Aasimar Bard 4

"Information is ammunition" -Major Adam Stiener

Know(Planes): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14

"It's a water elemental, let's back away from the water."


Lizardman hp=75/76(AC23/ff23/t10) {F=+10/R=+5/W=+7} CMD 22 Paladin 7 (Shining Knight) Smite evil 0/3 - Lay on hands 1/6

"Ingrid, can physical attacks affect it?"


Male Half-Elven Ranger (Infiltrator): 7
Status:
(HP: 82/82; AC: 20(22)/13/20(22); CMD: 22; Fort +8, Ref: +7, Will: +3 [+5])

Kilthan readies his axe and shouts, "We're about to find out!"


HP 69 of 69 - AC 23 (T 13, FF 20) - F +6, R +5, W +10

Rohara moves up behind Justin and calls upon the power of her Goddess and touches the elf, "Densa's luck be with you."

((Round 1: move to just behind Justin, Bit of Luck on Kilthan. ))

Status:
HP: 8/8 remaining
AC: 20 (18 Flat-footed / 12 Touch)
In Hand: Mace and shield
Conditions: none
Spells (0-level, DC 13, at will) Create Water, Detect Magic, Light; (1st level, DC 14) Bless, Bless, True Strike (d)
Channel Energy (1d6, DC 12) 6 of 7 remaining
Bit of Luck 5 of 6 remaining (Any time the target rolls a d20, he may roll twice and take the more favorable result)
Agile Feet 6 of 6 remaining (ignore all difficult terrain for 1 round)


{HP 63/65 | AC18/FF15/T13/CMD19 | F+8/R+9/W+3 | Inish +5, Per +9} Female Tiefling (Daemon-Spawn) Alchemist (Chirurgeon) 7

Round 1

"I understand bugs not liking us, but even the water doesn't? Argh!"

Waiting on Ingrid's response as well.


Female HP: 36/36, AC:16 / T12 / F14 CMD:15 Fort:2,Ref:6,Will:6 Aasimar Bard 4

"I don't know...."


Male Half-Elven Ranger (Infiltrator): 7
Status:
(HP: 82/82; AC: 20(22)/13/20(22); CMD: 22; Fort +8, Ref: +7, Will: +3 [+5])

Round 1:

Kilthan shrugs and steps forward, next to Justin, saying gruffly, "Can't let the paladin drown."

Not knowing if he can hurt it, Kilthan will swing for the fences...

Waraxe (PA): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6 or 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12 (Wow, even with a Bit of Luck, neither is terribly lucky..)

Damage (Optimistic, aren't I?): 1d10 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15


{HP 63/65 | AC18/FF15/T13/CMD19 | F+8/R+9/W+3 | Inish +5, Per +9} Female Tiefling (Daemon-Spawn) Alchemist (Chirurgeon) 7

Round 1

Stats:

HP: 10/10
AC: 16 FF14 T13 CMD14
F/R/W: 4/5/0
Boms Rem: 3/5

"Just in case, some devilishly explsovie backup!" Dryn'taka heaves one of her bombs behind the creature.

Targeting the intersection behind the creature. At work so I can't read the coordinates.

Bomb: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10 AC 5 for intersection. Deals 5 Damage, DC14 reflex for half.


GM Blood:

Reflex 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14

Dryn's bomb explodes injuring the water elemental

Round 1

Initiative Order - Ingrid, Rohara, Dryn'taka, Kilthan, Justin, Water Elemental, Aarakess

Monster Stats - AC 17 touch 11 flat-footed 17


Lizardman hp=75/76(AC23/ff23/t10) {F=+10/R=+5/W=+7} CMD 22 Paladin 7 (Shining Knight) Smite evil 0/3 - Lay on hands 1/6

Justin attacks with his claws and teeth. He feels his attacks are the best he has ever delivered and anxiously waits to see if the can harm a creature made of water.

ROUND 1
In hands: Empty - Power attack full 1d20 + 5 - 1 ⇒ (17) + 5 - 1 = 211d20 + 5 - 1 ⇒ (19) + 5 - 1 = 231d20 + 5 - 1 ⇒ (14) + 5 - 1 = 181d4 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 101d4 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 101d3 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8

Ministats = 12/13hp AC16/Touch10 - Making up for bad rolls from before - let's see if they effect this creature.


Justin swings with his claw, hitting water dispersing the creature, yet it reforms, so he swings again with the same result, finally with his bite the water creatures falls apart, not to reform again. The water is still once more.


Female Dwarf Witch/7 - (HP: 51/65; AC 16; FF 14; Touch 16; Init +2; Fort +6/8; Ref +5/+7; Will +7/+9

Nice rolling Justin.

If the water is calm, I assume Justin will return to his survey beneath the water.


Lizardman hp=75/76(AC23/ff23/t10) {F=+10/R=+5/W=+7} CMD 22 Paladin 7 (Shining Knight) Smite evil 0/3 - Lay on hands 1/6

There has to be something in the water.

Justin resumes his swimming in the water, alert to possible whirlpools. Unfortunately he can't bring his dog underwater and has to rely on his less than perfect senses.

Swim/Perception 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (14) + 12 = 261d20 - 1 ⇒ (4) - 1 = 3


Female HP: 36/36, AC:16 / T12 / F14 CMD:15 Fort:2,Ref:6,Will:6 Aasimar Bard 4

"I hope he'll be alright in the water by himself."


Justin is going to need some sort of light underwater as it is completely dark

701 to 750 of 5,585 << first < prev | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Blood's Age Of Worms (Group 2) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.