Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

GM Blood's Age of Worms in Golarion #2

Game Master David James Olsen

Group 2 Map
Loot spreadsheet


651 to 700 of 5,974 << first < prev | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | next > last >>

{HP 74/74 | AC18/FF14/T14/CMD21 | F+9/R+11/W+3 | Inish +4, Per +11}

"Well, that's easy. Then you find something that does work."


Out and about currently, will update in a bit.


Map of Room

Dryn and Aarakess move down the short hall and see:

Quote:
The north and south walls of this large chamber taper in somewhat, and in the nook of the far eastern wall rests a wide stone basin backed by a five-foot-tall shelf. A hardened orange past spills out over the two-foot basin lip and covers much of the shelf. Thousands of tiny beetles with bright blue carapaces skitter and tunnel through the chalky substance. A keening insect chorus fills the room. A huge organic mass completely fills the room's southwest corner. Judging by the beetles spilling from within, it appears to be an enormous nest. In the middle of the swarms resides the cow of the colony, a giant beetle(six feet long).

As you approach the room the beetles to the east form up in a swarm like the one that attacked you before. Out of the nest appears a larger beetle. Both appear to be aware of you.

Round 1

Initiative Order - Aarakess, Justin, Dryn'taka, Kilthan, Ingrid, Swarm, Beetle, Rohara

GM Blood:

Initiative Kilthan Hammerstone 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13 (Below Ground)
Initiative Aarakess Halcorn 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18
Initiative Dryn'taka Devilschild 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15
Initiative Ingrid Anika Nina Jones 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12
Initiative Justin D'Rite 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (16) + 0 = 16
Initiative Rohara Acharya 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Initiative Swarm 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
Initiative Beetle 1d20 ⇒ 5

Everyone but Rohara is up before them!

Beetle Stats - AC 16 touch 10 flat-footed 16

Swarm Stats - AC 17 touch 17 flat-footed 14

Knowledge about the beetle: I didn't include the swarm again

Knowledge (dungeoneering)DC 12:
This monstrous insect is a giant variant of the common bombardier beetle. This result reveals all vermin traits.

Knowledge (dungeoneering)DC 17:
Giant bombardier beetles primarily feed on carrion and offal. They attack only to defend themselves or their nests. Due to its bulk, it cannot fly or skitter up walls.

Knowledge (dungeoneering) DC 22:
A giant bombardier beetle that feels threatened can spit a cone of acid at nearby foes.


Female Dwarf Witch/8 - (HP: 57/74; AC 16; FF 14; Touch 16; Fort +6/8; Ref +5/+7; Will +8/+10; Init +2; Per +11/+13

Sorry, busy day. Had to take care of the kids all day..

EDIT - Change of plan

Everyone back up, lets keep this swarm away and just hit it with bombs and fire.

Throw Alchemist's Fire at Swarm: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16

Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 6

Hopefully everyone else on plan with this.

Move back to E11.


Lizardman hp=86/86(AC24/ff24/t11) {F=+11/R=+5/W=+8} CMD 24 Paladin 8 (Shining Knight) Smite evil 3/3 - Lay on hands 6/7

Round 1 Justin moves to D7 readying the trident. (PA at big beetle std)

In hands:trident, charge if allowed (think not) 13/13hp

1d20 + 5 - 1 ⇒ (12) + 5 - 1 = 161d8 + 6 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 6 + 3 = 15

Justin swings hard and connects after rushing 15' ahead, glad to break his streak of misses.

Note: already posted after Aarakess' throwing action. I think this will work if someone with resistance keeps in front of the swarms so it doesn't eat us non resistant folks. Hate to redact my first roll over 7 in a while. Kilthan and I can hit the beetle while those with resistance get the swarm from up close.


Aarakess hits the swarm with alchemists fire and Justin hits the Beetle with a hard swing.

Round 1

Initiative Order - Aarakess, Justin, Dryn'taka, Kilthan, Ingrid, Swarm, Beetle, Rohara

Beetle Stats - AC 16 touch 10 flat-footed 16

Swarm Stats - AC 17 touch 17 flat-footed 14


{HP 74/74 | AC18/FF14/T14/CMD21 | F+9/R+11/W+3 | Inish +4, Per +11}

Round 1

Stats:

HP: 10/10
AC: 16 FF14 T13 CMD14
F/R/W: 4/5/0
Boms Rem: 5/5
[/ooc]

Dryn'taka prepares a bomb, giving the catalyst a kiss, "All right, sweety, momma needs a big boom right in the middle of 'em!" She gives the mixture a throw, watching as it slams against the wall, well off target. "If I didn't make you in a test tube 3 seconds ago, I would be very angry right now! Bad bomb, bad!"

Standard to throw bomb to E2.

Bomb: 1d20 + 4 - 2 ⇒ (2) + 4 - 2 = 4 Touch, -2 for range

Damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

Scatter: 1d8 ⇒ 6

Bomb scatters to C0, hitting the wall. If that's good enough for the swarm for splash damage, 5 Splash Damage to the swarm (DC 14 for half)


GM Blood:

Reflex for swarm 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

Despite missing, Dryn'taka's throw disperses the swarm, leaving only the bombadier beetle left

Round 1

Initiative Order - Aarakess, Justin, Dryn'taka, Kilthan, Ingrid, Beetle, Rohara

Beetle Stats - AC 16 touch 10 flat-footed 16


Male Half-Elven Ranger (Infiltrator): 8
Status:
(HP: 94/94; AC: 22(24)/14/20(22); CMD: 24; Fort +9, Ref: +8, Will: +4 [+6])

Kilthan says, "Keep those stinging things off me, and I'll splatter the big one."

He steps forward, raising his axe as he does, and brings it down on the giant beetle, Angradd, give me strength!.

Move action: Step to C7, drawing axe
Dwarven Waraxe (PA, 2H):1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23 - threat-
Confirmation Roll: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22
Confirmed. Damage roll is 3 x (d10+7+1) {trait bonus} --> 3d10 + 24 ⇒ (10, 1, 5) + 24 = 40

Status:

AC: 16 Touch: 12 Flatfooted:14
HP: 12/12
Weapon Equipped: Dwarven Waraxe (1d10/x3)
Effects: None.


Nice Kilthan!

Kilthan steps up to the bug, no longer worried about the swarm and cleaves the beetles in two. There is no doubt that the beetle is dead.

Combat Over


Female HP: 36/36, AC:16 / T12 / F14 CMD:15 Fort:2,Ref:6,Will:6 Aasimar Bard 4

Ingrid whistles in amazement at Kilthan's quick defeat of the Big Bug.

"That was very impressive, Kilthan."


Female Dwarf Witch/8 - (HP: 57/74; AC 16; FF 14; Touch 16; Fort +6/8; Ref +5/+7; Will +8/+10; Init +2; Per +11/+13

I go over and look at the beetle. Interesting. Although they are disgusting, I do find bugs to be very interesting. I have always wondered what twisted mage first decided that it would be fun to take a normal beetle and enlarge it to this size.

Oh, and sweet hit there Kilthan. Perhaps we should change your name to Kilbug.

I begin to look around the room. Do I recognize what is causing the strange orange flow?

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13

Knowledge(nature): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15

I also cast Detect Magic and scan the area.


Male Half-Elven Ranger (Infiltrator): 8
Status:
(HP: 94/94; AC: 22(24)/14/20(22); CMD: 24; Fort +9, Ref: +8, Will: +4 [+6])

I won't complain about that. Wasn't expecting it, but yay!


The orange substance is exactly like the substance you found near the brown mold in the other section, except that the beetles were living in this stuff.

While Aarakess is looking at the sludge she notices three oblong lumps completely covered by the sludge in the southeast corner.

Concentrating on detecting magic, you detect magic from the lumps and from the nest the beetle came from.


Lizardman hp=86/86(AC24/ff24/t11) {F=+11/R=+5/W=+8} CMD 24 Paladin 8 (Shining Knight) Smite evil 3/3 - Lay on hands 6/7

Justin stands with his mouth open for a few seconds after Kilthan's mighty swing. After he closes it he smiles, "Whoa, that was mightily impressive."

And I was worried about the bug sounds.

Justin dissects the big beetle some more with his sword looking for any possible clues as to what was in the big beetle besides gruel. Then helps search the nest for valuables.


Male Half-Elven Ranger (Infiltrator): 8
Status:
(HP: 94/94; AC: 22(24)/14/20(22); CMD: 24; Fort +9, Ref: +8, Will: +4 [+6])

Kilthan smiles through the bug-gore, "That'll learn 'em. Stupid vermin. Anyone got a towel?"


Going through the sludge you discover the lumps are three skeletonized remains of three long dead humans in soiled red leather armor. On the armor is an eight point star symbol.

Bardic Knowledge or Knowledge (geography, history, or nobility) DC 15:
This is an older symbol for the Pathfinder Society. It hasn't been used in about 50 years. Magnimar didn't have a local chapter until about 20 years ago, so these Pathfinders were from a different part of the world.

Each of the three dead Pathfinders has a potion. None of them have any coins, but one carries a pearl.

In the nest there is a mummified hand that has a ring on it.

GM Blood:

Perception Dryn'taka Devilschild 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
Perception Ingrid Anika Nina Jones 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (15) + 11 = 26
Perception Justin D'Rite 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (14) - 1 = 13
Perception Kilthan Hammerstone 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22
Perception Rohara Acharya 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7


Male Half-Elven Ranger (Infiltrator): 8
Status:
(HP: 94/94; AC: 22(24)/14/20(22); CMD: 24; Fort +9, Ref: +8, Will: +4 [+6])

Knowledge (Geo): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12
Apparently, Kilth's just good at hitting things today...


Female Dwarf Witch/8 - (HP: 57/74; AC 16; FF 14; Touch 16; Fort +6/8; Ref +5/+7; Will +8/+10; Init +2; Per +11/+13

Spellcraft-Potion1: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (16) + 10 = 26

Spellcraft-Potion2: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (20) + 10 = 30

Spellcraft-Potion3: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (20) + 10 = 30

Spellcraft-Ring: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (18) + 10 = 28

Knowledge(history): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11

Appraise-pearl: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9

Wow - them is some nice rolls. Although I would prefer to get them in a fight.


Female HP: 36/36, AC:16 / T12 / F14 CMD:15 Fort:2,Ref:6,Will:6 Aasimar Bard 4

bardic Know: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23

"This is an older symbol for the Pathfinder Society. It hasn't been used in about 50 years. Magnimar didn't have a local chapter until about 20 years ago, so these Pathfinders were from a different part of the world."


The three potions are cure light wounds

The ring is feather falling

The pearl seems like a normal 10gp pearl, but something feels off so Aarakess does detect magic again and it is magical


Female Dwarf Witch/8 - (HP: 57/74; AC 16; FF 14; Touch 16; Fort +6/8; Ref +5/+7; Will +8/+10; Init +2; Per +11/+13

Spellcraft-pearl: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 10 = 13

Well all, seems we have some potions of Cure Light Wounds - definitely something that Kilthan and Justin should be carrying since all of us ladies can cast cure spells if necessary.

The ring is a ring of feather falling. It would be most useful climbing up and down these shoots. We should be able to have one person climb up with it and then lower it back down to the next person. That way if someone falls like Ingrid did earlier, the person should not be injured.

Interestingly, this pearl is also magic of some sort. I am trying to determine what it is. Unfortunately I am not sensing much about it. Can any of you give it a look?


{HP 74/74 | AC18/FF14/T14/CMD21 | F+9/R+11/W+3 | Inish +4, Per +11}

"I can try, but I have to prepare an alchemical mixture to do so, and I can only prepare so many until they need to sit and regain their potency. Which may cost a mixture I can use later."

I don't have Detect Magic, so unless it's a potion, i have to use Identify to identify magic items.


Female Dwarf Witch/8 - (HP: 57/74; AC 16; FF 14; Touch 16; Fort +6/8; Ref +5/+7; Will +8/+10; Init +2; Per +11/+13

Hold off until Ingrid and Rohara give it a look. I might have detected something, but with a 13, I doubt it.


Female HP: 36/36, AC:16 / T12 / F14 CMD:15 Fort:2,Ref:6,Will:6 Aasimar Bard 4

Ingrid will look it over,
can find out what school of magic the item has from detect magic (3 round concentration)

Know(Arcana): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21

Appraise: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19


The pearl's aura is strong transmutation, but what it could be you have no idea at this time.


Female HP: 36/36, AC:16 / T12 / F14 CMD:15 Fort:2,Ref:6,Will:6 Aasimar Bard 4

looking at the pearl.
"It's from the transmutation school, and it's strong too."


Female Dwarf Witch/8 - (HP: 57/74; AC 16; FF 14; Touch 16; Fort +6/8; Ref +5/+7; Will +8/+10; Init +2; Per +11/+13

Ingrid - you need spellcraft to determine magic items - you have no ranks in it. I do not think that your Knowledge(arcana) helped, despite the great roll. Waiting on Rohara to see if she can pick anything up on it. If not, we will put it aside for a while until we get a chance to use Identify on it.


Good catch, I thought she had detect magic. Either way, not a big deal as you haven't figured out what it is yet, or at least your characters haven't!


HP70 of 82 - AC 24 (T 13, FF 21) - F +8, R +5, W +11

"Good job all. It is good when we know what we are dealing with and how. And with some luck land nice solid blows." She smiles at the Ranger.

The cleric takes the pearl next as she casts a detect magic spell. She examines it twirling about in her fingers.

((Spellcraft 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25))


Rohara has seen much traveling the world, but even she isn't sure what this pearl could be!


HP70 of 82 - AC 24 (T 13, FF 21) - F +8, R +5, W +11

"Sorry, I do not know what this does exactly." She replies. "Does it matter who holds on to it?" She holds the pearl up.


Female HP: 36/36, AC:16 / T12 / F14 CMD:15 Fort:2,Ref:6,Will:6 Aasimar Bard 4

I do have detect magic, I can't tell the spell because I don't have spellcraft, but can tell the school from Know(arcana)

Detect Magic


Hm, I didn't see it there before, usually I only do that to Rohara's posts! ;)

In any case, Strong transmutation and it must be something good!


Female Dwarf Witch/8 - (HP: 57/74; AC 16; FF 14; Touch 16; Fort +6/8; Ref +5/+7; Will +8/+10; Init +2; Per +11/+13

Well, it has a very high CL whatever it is.

Lets just take the pearl. Perhaps Allustan can help us identify it when we return to town.

Unless there is something else in here, lets search the other passage.

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24

I keep a detect magic going in case there is something magic.


Lizardman hp=86/86(AC24/ff24/t11) {F=+11/R=+5/W=+8} CMD 24 Paladin 8 (Shining Knight) Smite evil 3/3 - Lay on hands 6/7

Justin is totally absorbed in the identification of magic items.

"Ring of featherfall can come in handy for a scouting and rope-climbing ranger. Kilthan, I think you better wear that for now. I love magic trinkets, but I think I'll know when one is appropriate for me."


HP70 of 82 - AC 24 (T 13, FF 21) - F +8, R +5, W +11

((Pearls of power have a CL of 17... not sure why, but it they are listed that high... Unless of course it is something else.... DC 25 would be a CL 10 or lower... ))

The woman stores the pearl safely away until it can be identified later. "Let us see what else is here... and pray for no more insects.


Female Dwarf Witch/8 - (HP: 57/74; AC 16; FF 14; Touch 16; Fort +6/8; Ref +5/+7; Will +8/+10; Init +2; Per +11/+13

Read the FAQ on the Pearl of Power. I think it is CL17 if it was a Level 9 Pearl. Hard to tell though as the FAQ is sort of uninformative.


Yes it is a 32 to ID. CL in magic items only eally affect that and maybe dispel magic to suppress.


Map of Room

Heading west to the other room you see

Quote:
Eight man-sized stone slabs, about four feet off the ground, are arranged in two rows in this large room. A long-dead corpse, possibly a human, lays sprawled out upon one of these slabs, his red leather armor the only hint of color in the otherwise drab room. The north and south walls taper in somewhat, and the short west wall abuts a small stone stage. The red clay statue of a powerfully built warrior wielding a cylinder-headed great-club stands tall upon the stage, its eyes surveying the room. A giant beetle stumbles about between two of the room's large slabs.

GM Blood:

Initiative Kilthan Hammerstone 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15 (Below Ground)
Initiative Aarakess Halcorn 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20
Initiative Dryn'taka Devilschild 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14
Initiative Ingrid Anika Nina Jones 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15
Initiative Justin D'Rite 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (11) + 0 = 11
Initiative Rohara Acharya 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10
Initiative Monster 1d20 ⇒ 5

Round 1

Initiative Order - Aarakess, Kilthan, Ingrid, Dryn'taka, Justin, Rohara, Beetle

Beetle Stats - AC 16 touch 10 flat-footed 16


Female Dwarf Witch/8 - (HP: 57/74; AC 16; FF 14; Touch 16; Fort +6/8; Ref +5/+7; Will +8/+10; Init +2; Per +11/+13

Well, looks like another bug wanting to die. Lets hold the line here and let it come to us.

Ready Action for when it gets within 30' of me (it is 35 right now): Evil Eye Hex for -2 AC for 7 rounds --> Will Save DC14 to reduce to 1 round.


I'll give it to you being within 30'

The beetle, who already looks like it is drunk, is now hexed

GM Blood:

Will Save 1d20 ⇒ 10


Male Half-Elven Ranger (Infiltrator): 8
Status:
(HP: 94/94; AC: 22(24)/14/20(22); CMD: 24; Fort +9, Ref: +8, Will: +4 [+6])

Kilthan says, gruffly, "Agreed - it can come to us -- and will probably do that faster if those of you not on the line shoot at it."

Kilthan readies an action to chop into the bug as soon as it enters his reach.

Readied action:
Attack with Dwarven Waraxe (PA, 2H): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20 for 1d10 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8[/ooc]

Status:

AC: 16 Touch: 12 Flatfooted: 14
HP: 12/12
Weapon Equipped: Dwarven Waraxe (1d10/x3)
Effects: Readied Action.


{HP 74/74 | AC18/FF14/T14/CMD21 | F+9/R+11/W+3 | Inish +4, Per +11}

Round 1

Stats:

HP: 10/10
AC: 16 FF14 T13 CMD14
F/R/W: 4/5/0
Boms Rem: 4/5

Dryn'taka pulls up her crossbow and takes a shot, the bolt sinking deep into the creature. "That's right, get angry little bug, and come right up to uncles Kilthan and Justin."

Attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17
Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 8


Female HP: 36/36, AC:16 / T12 / F14 CMD:15 Fort:2,Ref:6,Will:6 Aasimar Bard 4

Ingrid looks behind them in case some come from behind.

Can't do much in the back


HP70 of 82 - AC 24 (T 13, FF 21) - F +8, R +5, W +11

Not having a weapon with any range she waits with the others to see what the bug does...

( Delay )

Status:
HP: 8/8 remaining
AC: 20 (18 Flat-footed / 12 Touch)
In Hand: Mace and shield
Conditions: none
Spells (0-level, DC 13, at will) Create Water, Detect Magic, Light; (1st level, DC 14) Bless, Bless, True Strike (d)
Channel Energy (1d6, DC 12) 7 of 7 remaining
Bit of Luck 6 of 6 remaining (Any time the target rolls a d20, he may roll twice and take the more favorable result)
Agile Feet 6 of 6 remaining (ignore all difficult terrain for 1 round)


Lizardman hp=86/86(AC24/ff24/t11) {F=+11/R=+5/W=+8} CMD 24 Paladin 8 (Shining Knight) Smite evil 3/3 - Lay on hands 6/7

ROUND
Justin moves to ensure his trident protects the front line. Holding the line with Kilthan, Justin holds his reach attack.

readied attack then possible aoo 1d20 + 5 - 1 ⇒ (6) + 5 - 1 = 101d20 + 5 - 1 ⇒ (12) + 5 - 1 = 161d8 + 10 ⇒ (4) + 10 = 141d8 + 10 ⇒ (8) + 10 = 18


The beetle moves up into Justin's readied attack (E5) which misses and then it sprays acid on Kilthan and Justin

Justin and Kilthan need to make a Fort save DC 13 or take the following acid Damage 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

Round 2

Everyone Else then beetle


Female HP: 36/36, AC:16 / T12 / F14 CMD:15 Fort:2,Ref:6,Will:6 Aasimar Bard 4

I'll see if anyone moves up


{HP 74/74 | AC18/FF14/T14/CMD21 | F+9/R+11/W+3 | Inish +4, Per +11}

Round 2

Stats:

HP: 10/10
AC: 16 FF14 T13 CMD14
F/R/W: 4/5/0
Boms Rem: 4/5

"Let's try this again!" Dryn'taka unleashes another crossbow bolt into the giant bug. "Hah, gotcha!"

Attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17

Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 4

651 to 700 of 5,974 << first < prev | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Blood's Age Of Worms (Group 2) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.