Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

GM Blood's Age of Worms in Golarion #2

Game Master David James Olsen

Group 2 Map
Loot spreadsheet


451 to 500 of 5,972 << first < prev | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | next > last >>

HP70 of 82 - AC 24 (T 13, FF 21) - F +8, R +5, W +11

As soon as Aarakess is moved from the orange stuff Rohara moves to herself and kneels. She puts a hand on the elven woman as she clutches her holy symbol. "Desna, I ask for your gift of healing for a companion befallen in her travels." A light purplish light encompasses the cleric's hand as the healing energies flow into the witch.

Status:
Actions Bless converted to Cure Light Wounds for 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8 healed

HP: 8/8 remaining
AC: 20 (18 Flat-footed / 12 Touch)
In Hand: Mace and shield
Conditions: none
Spells (0-level, DC 13, at will) Create Water, Detect Magic, Light; (1st level, DC 14) Bless, (Bless ©), True Strike (d)
Channel Energy (1d6, DC 12) 5 of 7 remaining
Bit of Luck 4 of 6 remaining (Any time the target rolls a d20, he may roll twice and take the more favorable result)
Agile Feet 5 of 6 remaining (ignore all difficult terrain for 1 round)


Rohara's cure light wounds heals both the 8 non lethal and the 8 lethal she took and she opens her eyes, still shivering


Female HP: 36/36, AC:16 / T12 / F14 CMD:15 Fort:2,Ref:6,Will:6 Aasimar Bard 4

Ingrid tells Aarakess
"Rest in my bedroll, til your warmer.
We can't have you getting sick now."


{HP 74/74 | AC18/FF14/T14/CMD21 | F+9/R+11/W+3 | Inish +4, Per +11}

"I bet it was that orange stuff that did it! Know what beats cold? Fire!" Dryn'taka will move towards the orange stuff and see if she can identify a central mass or area, some kind of large clump while pulling out a few chemicals.

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8


Female Dwarf Witch/8 - (HP: 57/74; AC 16; FF 14; Touch 16; Fort +6/8; Ref +5/+7; Will +8/+10; Init +2; Per +11/+13

I awake from my shivering feeling the warmth of Desna flow through my body.

Brrr.

Seeing Dryn move toward the mold. Dryn - stop - stay away from that!! It is Brown Mold. Strange as it may seem, only cold harms it. Fire will make it bigger. Does anyone have the ability to produce cold? I know of some spells that might help, but I do not know them.

I then pull the bedroll around me and shiver some more.


{HP 74/74 | AC18/FF14/T14/CMD21 | F+9/R+11/W+3 | Inish +4, Per +11}

At Aarakess's words, Dryn'taka looks at the orange colored stuff in greater detail. "Brown Mold, huh? And fire makes it bigger?" She spends a moment in thought, head tilted. "So it doesn't radiate cold, but absorbs heat? Aren't monsters great! All kinda of weird things they can do. Not saying I'm glad it hurt you, Aarakess, I'm glad it didn't, but it's still so fascinating." She goes through her pouches for a moment. "I'm afraid I don't have anything cold based right now. I could whip something up with abit of time and some chemicals I dont' have, but I can't right now."

Gwah, that would've been bad if I just threw it.


Female HP: 36/36, AC:16 / T12 / F14 CMD:15 Fort:2,Ref:6,Will:6 Aasimar Bard 4

"Given my observations only me and Dryn'taka can go in there, as we are resistant to the cold."


Male Half-Elven Ranger (Infiltrator): 8
Status:
(HP: 94/94; AC: 22(24)/14/20(22); CMD: 24; Fort +9, Ref: +8, Will: +4 [+6])

Kilthan suggests, "I can make a small fire here to warm Aarakess while you two search the area, since you're the only ones who can?"


Female Dwarf Witch/8 - (HP: 57/74; AC 16; FF 14; Touch 16; Fort +6/8; Ref +5/+7; Will +8/+10; Init +2; Per +11/+13
Ingrid Anika Nina Jones wrote:
"Given my observations only me and Dryn'taka can go in there, as we are resistant to the cold."

Depends on how much you like cold. You are both Resist 5 to cold. I took 3d6 damage. Yeh, he rolled like a rock star and got a 16, but rarely will he get less than 5, so you are going to take a hit every round.


Female HP: 36/36, AC:16 / T12 / F14 CMD:15 Fort:2,Ref:6,Will:6 Aasimar Bard 4
Aarakess Halcorn wrote:
Ingrid Anika Nina Jones wrote:
"Given my observations only me and Dryn'taka can go in there, as we are resistant to the cold."
Depends on how much you like cold. You are both Resist 5 to cold. I took 3d6 damage. Yeh, he rolled like a rock star and got a 16, but rarely will he get less than 5, so you are going to take a hit every round.

Looking at Frostburn's frostfell rules on temperature, Me and Dryn'taka have level 3 protection, which can handle Extreme cold (–50° F to –20° F) and be Ok.


Lizardman hp=86/86(AC24/ff24/t11) {F=+11/R=+5/W=+8} CMD 24 Paladin 8 (Shining Knight) Smite evil 3/3 - Lay on hands 6/7

Justin looks overwhelmed as the conversation turns to producing cold. "Can we just leave it alone? "


Aarakess says not to bring fire anywhere near the mold, to build a fire at the other end of the hall where you came down the elevator. (Plus it is cold in the room)

And yes I will roll 3d6 for cold and subtract 5 from it.


Female Dwarf Witch/8 - (HP: 57/74; AC 16; FF 14; Touch 16; Fort +6/8; Ref +5/+7; Will +8/+10; Init +2; Per +11/+13

Thanks DM Blood, figured that was implicit in what I said.

Any heat near this Brown Mold is bad, very bad. We are lucky we were using light spells and not a torch when we got here. Any fire should be kept far from this mold unless you want a lot more of it.


{HP 74/74 | AC18/FF14/T14/CMD21 | F+9/R+11/W+3 | Inish +4, Per +11}

Dryn'taka gives the mold another look before turning to Justin. "I'm not sure we can. Otherwise Ares might declare war on this Cairn. Besides, we just need something cold. Something cold, hmm. Yea, I'm useless on that one unless we go back to town. Wanna check out some of the other alcoves for now and then come back here?"


Female Dwarf Witch/8 - (HP: 57/74; AC 16; FF 14; Touch 16; Fort +6/8; Ref +5/+7; Will +8/+10; Init +2; Per +11/+13

After shivering for a few more minutes:

I think that I am ok. we need to find something very cold for that. Not sure what will work. Lets see what else is in these alcoves. Perhaps there is something that will help. Kilthan and Ingrid, did you all find anything in the other alcove?


Female HP: 36/36, AC:16 / T12 / F14 CMD:15 Fort:2,Ref:6,Will:6 Aasimar Bard 4

"We found some magical goggles, and two magical batons."


Female Dwarf Witch/8 - (HP: 57/74; AC 16; FF 14; Touch 16; Fort +6/8; Ref +5/+7; Will +8/+10; Init +2; Per +11/+13

What do they do? Can I see them?

Cast Detect Magic/Spellcraft.

Spellcraft(baton 1): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (1) + 10 = 11
Spellcraft(baton 2): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (16) + 10 = 26
Spellcraft(goggles): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (18) + 10 = 28


The first baton you look at you have no idea

The second you notice something familiar in its making and it is a wand of shatter (7 charges left)

The goggles you recognize as goggles of minute seeing


Lizardman hp=86/86(AC24/ff24/t11) {F=+11/R=+5/W=+8} CMD 24 Paladin 8 (Shining Knight) Smite evil 3/3 - Lay on hands 6/7

Justin is excited at the discovery of the wands and goggles, "Magical devices, finding these is a definite boon."


Male Half-Elven Ranger (Infiltrator): 8
Status:
(HP: 94/94; AC: 22(24)/14/20(22); CMD: 24; Fort +9, Ref: +8, Will: +4 [+6])

Kilthan nods, "Yup. I'm sure Allustan will love 'em. Still, it's too bad none of them make cold."


Female Dwarf Witch/8 - (HP: 57/74; AC 16; FF 14; Touch 16; Fort +6/8; Ref +5/+7; Will +8/+10; Init +2; Per +11/+13

Well, one of them will shatter things. Not sure about the other. The goggles are very interesting and should be of benefit to Ingrid as they let you see very fine details and may be of great use in disabling locks and traps.

I cannot use the wand of shattering, but I believe that either Ingrid or Rohara should be able to.


The whole room

You look around at the west side of the pillar and see a dry fountain.

The cold will stop you from exploring the north side of the pillar fully or heading into that hall. Explore the southern hall next?


Female Dwarf Witch/8 - (HP: 57/74; AC 16; FF 14; Touch 16; Fort +6/8; Ref +5/+7; Will +8/+10; Init +2; Per +11/+13

Well, unless this other wand can produce some type of cold, we only have the passage to the south and the door to the west to work with. My vote is the passage to the south before the doorway. Kilthan, you ready to lead the way?

Can any of the rest of you figure out what this wand does? I know that it is magic, but cannot figure out what effects it will produce.

Is there a door on the west wall? Just wondering what the white square is.

EDITED after DM Blood's comment below.


My bad, there is a door to the west as well


Male Half-Elven Ranger (Infiltrator): 8
Status:
(HP: 94/94; AC: 22(24)/14/20(22); CMD: 24; Fort +9, Ref: +8, Will: +4 [+6])

Kilthan nods, "Yup. Let's get to it... This place won't explore itself..."

A strange expression crosses his face as an odd thought comes to him, "...then again, some of what we've seen so far, maybe it will."

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8
Stealth: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23

(Edit: Saw the dice rolls -- apparently Kilth found a shadow so deep to hide in he can't see out of it!)


Female Dwarf Witch/8 - (HP: 57/74; AC 16; FF 14; Touch 16; Fort +6/8; Ref +5/+7; Will +8/+10; Init +2; Per +11/+13

I follow behind Kilthan making sure that he does not miss anything.

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17


By the way there is still an old sack sitting there un-looked at

The South hall wrote:
This wide chamber must once have been the living quarters of an important figure. A large stone slab that suggests the shape of a bed rests against the east wall, under the huge bas-relief of a robust, long nosed bald humanoid figure with outstretched hands. The figure wears a lovingly sculpted wind-tossed robe that gives him the appearance of a triumphant god. A glyph that looks like a stylized arrow marks an amulet worn around the figure's neck. Wardrobes and dressers seemingly carved from the stone walls look to have been ransacked long ago.


Female Dwarf Witch/8 - (HP: 57/74; AC 16; FF 14; Touch 16; Fort +6/8; Ref +5/+7; Will +8/+10; Init +2; Per +11/+13

I thought the rods and goggles were in the sack.

Before we begin to move down the hall, I look at the old sack that everyone else is ignoring like the plague.

First I cast Detect Magic.

Then I open the sack.

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28


Female HP: 36/36, AC:16 / T12 / F14 CMD:15 Fort:2,Ref:6,Will:6 Aasimar Bard 4

I thought you were cold and in bed?


I may havebeen unclear, there were tools hanging up which were them (some were destroyed) and there is a sack

The sack crumbles to pieces as you open it. Inside are three intact statues and three broken ones. They all appear to have been ancient buildings of some sort. The remaining three small statues are:A grand palace, a slim spire with eight connected smaller towers of different heights, and a grand stadium.


HP70 of 82 - AC 24 (T 13, FF 21) - F +8, R +5, W +11

Rohara takes a look at the unidentified baton after casting her own detect magic spell.

She comments afterward, "By finding these items of magical power, it would seem no others have explored this far... I wonder why with so many previous."

She looks over at the remaining objects from the sack as the elven woman takes them out and see the 3 objects. "Interesting. Do we have a safe place to store those?"

Status:
Actions
Detect Magic, Spellcraft 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15

HP: 8/8 remaining
AC: 20 (18 Flat-footed / 12 Touch)
In Hand: Mace and shield
Conditions: none
Spells (0-level, DC 13, at will) Create Water, Detect Magic, Light; (1st level, DC 14) Bless, (Bless ©), True Strike (d)
Channel Energy (1d6, DC 12) 5 of 7 remaining
Bit of Luck 4 of 6 remaining (Any time the target rolls a d20, he may roll twice and take the more favorable result)
Agile Feet 5 of 6 remaining (ignore all difficult terrain for 1 round)


Female Dwarf Witch/8 - (HP: 57/74; AC 16; FF 14; Touch 16; Fort +6/8; Ref +5/+7; Will +8/+10; Init +2; Per +11/+13

I don't know what these statues are, but I assume they are something that Allustan would be very interested in. We can carefully pack them, or leave them here and get them on the return, which means we have to return this way if we find another exit.


Female HP: 36/36, AC:16 / T12 / F14 CMD:15 Fort:2,Ref:6,Will:6 Aasimar Bard 4

"The statues could also be keys."


Lizardman hp=86/86(AC24/ff24/t11) {F=+11/R=+5/W=+8} CMD 24 Paladin 8 (Shining Knight) Smite evil 3/3 - Lay on hands 6/7

"I can carry the sack of statues, the weight will mean nothing to me."

Justin examines the 'bed' closely looking for drawers or compartments by mostly using a light hammer to find hollow spaces inside.
Perception 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (13) - 1 = 12


Female Dwarf Witch/8 - (HP: 57/74; AC 16; FF 14; Touch 16; Fort +6/8; Ref +5/+7; Will +8/+10; Init +2; Per +11/+13

Why would there be a bed in a cairn? I though these were mostly for burials.

I search the room.

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10


Female HP: 36/36, AC:16 / T12 / F14 CMD:15 Fort:2,Ref:6,Will:6 Aasimar Bard 4

I ment the bedroll


About two feet above the stone slab is a strange current of air. The current seems strong enough to support any of your weight.

The stylized arrow symbol is a person seal of a Branlani Wind Duke.

Linguistics check and a Knowledge History check please (Doesn't have to be the same person, will take the highest checks of each)


{HP 74/74 | AC18/FF14/T14/CMD21 | F+9/R+11/W+3 | Inish +4, Per +11}

"It's definitely some strange decor. And I know strange decor. All stony-like. Looks like a dwarves dream house. And that guy don't look like no dwarf I've ever seen. Wonder what kind of stuff he used to have." Dryn'taka will assist searching the room.

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10


Nothing is found even with a careful search


Female Dwarf Witch/8 - (HP: 57/74; AC 16; FF 14; Touch 16; Fort +6/8; Ref +5/+7; Will +8/+10; Init +2; Per +11/+13

Knowledge(history): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26
Linguistics: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14


Lizardman hp=86/86(AC24/ff24/t11) {F=+11/R=+5/W=+8} CMD 24 Paladin 8 (Shining Knight) Smite evil 3/3 - Lay on hands 6/7

Justin will attempt to manipulate the arrow seal.
"Does it unlock anything?"


Female HP: 36/36, AC:16 / T12 / F14 CMD:15 Fort:2,Ref:6,Will:6 Aasimar Bard 4

we have not finished down here.


Nothing moves or is found hidden in this area.

Aarakess remembers in her studies with Allustan a mention of the Bralani Wind Dukes. She remembers this one as the personal symbol of Nadroc.


Female HP: 36/36, AC:16 / T12 / F14 CMD:15 Fort:2,Ref:6,Will:6 Aasimar Bard 4

Ingird checks the Gallery's Central Stone Pillar, everywhere.
Perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (19) + 11 = 30


Everywhere including where the brown mold is?


Female HP: 36/36, AC:16 / T12 / F14 CMD:15 Fort:2,Ref:6,Will:6 Aasimar Bard 4

For where mold is, I'll look at a distance.


Female Dwarf Witch/8 - (HP: 57/74; AC 16; FF 14; Touch 16; Fort +6/8; Ref +5/+7; Will +8/+10; Init +2; Per +11/+13

Has anyone done a spell craft on the second wand? I know that Rohara rolled a 15. I have not seen any rolls from Dryn or Ingrid.


Map of Room

As long as you are 5' away from the mold you won't take damage.

Standing in the very northwest corner (Lower left) you can see a still with some sort of orange sludge inside of it. The still detects as magical. It is located in the left side of the "I"


Female HP: 36/36, AC:16 / T12 / F14 CMD:15 Fort:2,Ref:6,Will:6 Aasimar Bard 4
GM Blood wrote:

Map of Room

As long as you are 5' away from the mold you won't take damage.

Standing in the very northwest corner (Lower left) you can see a still with some sort of orange sludge inside of it. The still detects as magical. It is located in the left side of the "I"

She checks it out, what Knowledge check is needed?


Without being close to it there is no way to check it out. To be close to it you need to be where the brown mold is and take damage every round or remove it.

I missed Rohara's spellcraft check. She identifies the other wand as unseen servant (16 Charges)

451 to 500 of 5,972 << first < prev | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Blood's Age Of Worms (Group 2) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.