Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

GM Blood's Age of Worms in Golarion #2

Game Master David James Olsen

Group 2 Map
Loot spreadsheet


1 to 50 of 6,016 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Game Thread! Dot away!


Female HP: 36/36, AC:16 / T12 / F14 CMD:15 Fort:2,Ref:6,Will:6 Aasimar Bard 4

Dotting


Lizardman hp=86/86(AC24/ff24/t11) {F=+11/R=+5/W=+8} CMD 24 Paladin 8 (Shining Knight) Smite evil 3/3 - Lay on hands 6/7

Dotting 2/too


{HP 74/74 | AC18/FF14/T14/CMD21 | F+9/R+11/W+3 | Inish +4, Per +11}

dot


HP70 of 82 - AC 24 (T 13, FF 21) - F +8, R +5, W +11

Dotting 3


Female Dwarf Witch/8 - (HP: 57/74; AC 16; FF 14; Touch 16; Fort +6/8; Ref +5/+7; Will +8/+10; Init +2; Per +11/+13

dot


Male Half-Elven Ranger (Infiltrator): 8
Status:
(HP: 94/94; AC: 22(24)/14/20(22); CMD: 24; Fort +9, Ref: +8, Will: +4 [+6])

Dot.


Diamond Point in Brief (Also in Campaign Tab)

Diamond Point:
Diamond Point nestles in the rocky crags of the Cairn Hills, three days east of Magnimar to which it is subject. Iron and silver from Diamond Point’s mines fuel the capital’s markets and support its soldiers and nobles with the raw materials necessary for weapons and finery. This trade draws hundreds of skilled and unskilled laborers and artisans, all hoping to strike it rich. In ages past, Diamond Point boasted an export more valuable than metal in the form of treasure liberated from the numerous tombs and burial cairns crowding the hills around the town. These remnants of a half-dozen long-dead cultures commanded scandalous prices from the Magnimary elite, whose insatiable covetousness triggered a boom in the local economy. Those days are long gone, though. The last cairn in the region coughed up its treasures decades ago, and few locals pay much mind to stories of yet-undiscovered tombs and unplundered burial cairns. These days, only a handful of treasure seekers visit the town, and few return to Magnimar with anything more than a wall rubbing or an ancient tool fragment.

In the hills surrounding the town, hundreds of laborers spend weeks at a time underground, breathing recycled air pumped in via systems worth ten times their combined annual salary. The miners are the chattel of Diamond Point, its seething, tainted blood. But they are also Diamond Point’s foundation, their weekly pay cycling back into the community via a gaggle of gambling dens, bordellos, ale halls, and temples. Because work in the mines is so demanding and dangerous, most folk come to Diamond Point because they have nowhere else to turn, seeking an honest trade of hard labor for subsistence-level pay simply because the system has allowed them no other option. Many are foreigners displaced from native lands by war or famine. Work in a Diamond Point mine is the last honest step before utter destitution or crimes of desperation. For some, it is the first step in the opposite direction: a careful work assignment to ease the burden on debtor-filled prisons, one last chance to make it in civil society.

Despite its squalor, Diamond Point is crucial to Magnimar’s economy. The city’s directors thus take a keen interest in local affairs, noting the rise and fall of the managers who run Diamond Point’s mines in trust for the government."

While Mayor Neff has been appointed by Magnimar, there is a power struggle between him and the mine managers. The balance remains because of two reasons, Allustan is the mayor's brother and the fact the mine managers scheme against each other as much as the Mayor.

Important Diamond Lake NPCs:
Allustan: Known as the "smartest man in town", Allustan is a friendly wizard that lives in a charming red and deep blue house on one of the rare stretches of healthy grass in all of Diamond Point. He takes on apprentices from time to time.

Balabar Smenk: One of the several mine managers in Diamond Point. There is rumor that he is trying to drive out the other mine managers and take over their mines.

Chaum Gansworth: One of the several mine managers in Diamond Point. He is also the youngest.

Dietrik Cicaeda: Chief Cartographer of Diamond Point. His office resides in the Garrison.

Ellival Moonmeadow: One of the several mine managers in Diamond Point. He is rarely seen aside from playing Dragon Chess at Lazare's House.

Gelch Tilgast: One of the several mine managers in Diamond Point. He is also the oldest. He used to wield the most power of the mine managers ... that is until Balabar Smenk showed up in town.

Governor-Mayor Lanod Neff: Governor-Mayor of Diamond Point. Brother of Allustan. He is seen by appointment only.

Jierian Wierus: Head Cleric of Pharasma. A bomastic orator whose populist rants appeal to the best virtues and values of the common man while at the same time preying upon their fears and superstitions.

Luzane Parrin: One of the several mine managers in Diamond Point. Inheritor of her mother's proud legacy as one of the town's wealthiest managers ... she has seen t all slip away. The details haven't been brought out in the public eye but it is rumored that Balabar Smenk now owns her former mansion.

Manlin Osgood: Proprietor of Osgood Smithy. Osgood is a somewhat coarse, unfailingly polite middle-aged human with a bald head and a walrus-like mustache.

Mélinde: A charming young warrior priestess who hopes one day to run the Diamond Point Chapel of Pharasma. She can be found in the Garrison.

Ragnolin Dourstone: One of the several mine managers in Diamond Point.

Sherrif Cubbin: Sherrif Cubbin is a man so renowned for corruption that many citizens assumed the announcement of his commission was a joke until he started arresting people.

Taggin: Proprietor of Diamond Point's General Store.

Tidwoad: Proprietor of Tidwoad's (a Jeweler shop). Tidwoad is a cantankerous jeweler with a meticulously arranged shop located on the Vein's central square.

Toliver Trask: Captain of the Diamond Point Garrison.The garrison's aging commander distinguished himself in the recent war and has the respect of his charges and of the community at large.

Tyrol Ebberly: Proprietor of the Captain's Blade. Tyrol is a severe-looking man who claims to have once been a watch captain in Magnimar.

Valkus Dun: Head Cleric of the Church of Pharasma. He is a tall handsome man with dark brown hair and long sideburns. His strong brow gives him a serious look at all times.

Venelle: Proprietor of Venelle's (A ranged weapon shop).


Female Dwarf Witch/8 - (HP: 57/74; AC 16; FF 14; Touch 16; Fort +6/8; Ref +5/+7; Will +8/+10; Init +2; Per +11/+13

What have I gotten myself into. The clinic was fine, it was a good life and I really enjoy helping people. But, now Fydor is gone and I have agreed to accompany this group that Allustan wishes to investigate the cairn. I do not know why he chose me, and only hope that I will not fail him.

With thoughts like this going through her Aarakess stands in the street.

Allustan provided me with the funds to equip myself for the adventure, and I have done so. But what now? We are to meet later at his residence, but I am not use to having free time. For neigh on twenty years I have been healing and reading. Now, it is the real world. Sleeping outdoors like a real elf, searching in cairns and who know what else. Well, what would an adventurer do with free time?

With this thought, Aarakess spots the Rusty Bucket and decides to see whether any of her old friends are there listening to the pipers. While not as skilled as the master bards she recalled from years past in the Hoarwood Forest, the pipers always put on a good show. Thus, Aarakess heads into the Rusty Bucket and finds a seat where she can watch the door for any friends and listen to the performance. Once she sits, she pulls out and begins to devour an old tome on illusions and illusionary arcane magic that she had borrowed from Allustan.


Female HP: 36/36, AC:16 / T12 / F14 CMD:15 Fort:2,Ref:6,Will:6 Aasimar Bard 4

Time to meet with the contractees that Allustan has hired under contract at the "Rusty Bucket",
I would had preferred "The Spinning Giant" as a more relaxed and informal meeting place to get to know each other.

The job is to go exploring and possibly excavating a cairn,
Hopefully this one has clues to the "Age of Worms" that dad was researching.

She enters the "Rusty Bucket", and see's that she is not the only one to get there early based on the descriptions that Allustan had given her.
Looks like I'm not the only early Bird.

She takes walks to the table with Aarakess and asks
"Are you with the "Allustan's Party of Exploration" by any chance?"


Female Dwarf Witch/8 - (HP: 57/74; AC 16; FF 14; Touch 16; Fort +6/8; Ref +5/+7; Will +8/+10; Init +2; Per +11/+13

As the newcomer arrives, Aarakess looks up from her book. And she was just getting to interesting descriptions of plants that actually use illusion to lure unsuspecting prey into their poisonous thorns.

I am not sure that I am familiar with "Allustan's Party of Exploration", however I am a friend of Allustan's.

Standing and nodding her head in the manner of the Hoarwood elves: I am Aarakess.

As Aarakess says this, she is slowly scanning the tall woman from top to bottom.

I am tall, this woman is huge, perhaps some giant blood. Although with that copper hair, I would be more inclined to think that her ancestry is of a more angelic nature.


Female HP: 36/36, AC:16 / T12 / F14 CMD:15 Fort:2,Ref:6,Will:6 Aasimar Bard 4

"I am Ingrid Anika Nina Jones,
Allustan is putting together a party to search a cairn, and put together a list of contractees whom are on a contract or just signed one.
And your on the list, but not as a contractee like me."

Ingrid shows you a copy of the contract, an overview of the job, and that her name is on the list for "Allustan's Party of Exploration" or A.P.E. for short

"Allustan said he arranged for everyone to gather here, and that this will be a group of six."

She looks like a Half elven (Ulfen blooded) woman of about 6 foot 3.
She has a muscular yet curvy human build with comely features and pale skin. Her face looks attractive.
She has Sapphire blue eyes and lose Copper Red Hair that ends at her mid back.
She is wearing a brown mid Calf length skirt, a white short sleeved shirt and a brown bodice that assists with her figure.

She's in her non-adventuring clothes.


{HP 74/74 | AC18/FF14/T14/CMD21 | F+9/R+11/W+3 | Inish +4, Per +11}

Dryn'taka yawns as she approaches the assigned meeting place. "Rusty Bucket, what a name. Hope it's got some good food at least." She had found herself unable to sleep well in this town, bad memories keeping her awake. She runs her hand through her hair, which she had haphazardly tied back with a white ribbon this morning. "I should just cut it all off, nothing but problems with it. Whatever, a little food will solve everything. Well mostly everything."

She pushes the door to the restaurant opened and takes a step inside. She notices the strange color inside, and takes a look around. "Green windows? Hopefully the food has better taste." Realizing she had spoken aloud, a red color comes to her cheeks, and she begins to stammer to no one in particular. "Um, not that it's in bad taste. Uh, the windows I mean, not the food, um, yea. Sorry, a devil ran away with my tongue there." She gives a chuckle before giving a look around the room. Seeing the two ladies, she decides to see if they are part of the group she's supposed to meet.

She approaches the two. "Um, hi, my name's Dryn'taka. I'm, uh, supposed to meet the rest of the group here. For Allustan that is, his group. Is that you two?"


Rusty Bucket wrote:

Within, green stained-glass windows filter eerie light into the main dining room, where the intertwining melodies of a trio of pipers enhances an ethereal atmosphere. A few guests dine in a large common room, with a handful of nicer tables situated in a roped-off area beside the main dining hall. The far table, on a raised platform overlooking the private room, is reserved for Chaum Gansworth, one of Diamond Lake’s mine managers and the owner of the Rusty Bucket.

Three pipers play soft melodies occasionally coming around the various tables and taking requests.

For Aarakess:

At one time The Rusty Bucket was known for its fish meals, but that is no longer on the menu as the Lake around town has been polluted enough to make good fish hard to find without going out far enough in a fishing boat.


Female Dwarf Witch/8 - (HP: 57/74; AC 16; FF 14; Touch 16; Fort +6/8; Ref +5/+7; Will +8/+10; Init +2; Per +11/+13

Seeing another strange woman arrive, a tall silver haired elvish woman stands and bows her head in welcome.

I am Aarakess. And motioning at Ingrid this is Ingrid.

Dryn'taka, welcome to Diamond Point. Sit down and enjoy the pipers. Not as good as the elvish bards I recall from my youth, but pretty good for this town. . . . Oh, and yes, we are here on behalf of Allustan.

The food here is pretty good. They used to specialize in local fish, but the mining has caused the fish in the lake to be, er, less than appetizing. Actually, most of the fish today are poisonous which tends to cut down on sales. I would recommend the boar or the steak. They also serve a good vegetable dish if you are not fond of meat.

DM Blood:

I did not plan on this being the meeting place. I just wanted to get a dialog going and decided that the Rusty Bucket sounded like a middle of the road pub. Hope you do not mind my choice of it.


Lizardman hp=86/86(AC24/ff24/t11) {F=+11/R=+5/W=+8} CMD 24 Paladin 8 (Shining Knight) Smite evil 3/3 - Lay on hands 6/7

With his prayers to Iomedae recently complete, the young lizardman walks to the rendezvous. In his short time in town, he has been impressed by the order and structure of the industrious mining establishment. As for the equity of the system, he had decided to withhold judgement.

I get to meet the illustrious Alustran's agent, and yes, I can be discreet.

The lizard man enters the Rusty Bucket and runs an unblinking gaze across the entire restaurant. He is unarmed and wearing an explorers outfit complimented by a nice coat with an embroidered sword of Iomedae. His impeccable dress and manners are a sharp contrast to his reptillian appearance. After a few awkward glances he approaches the ladies' table.

"I was told to meet a large group here", he says in perfect common with no trace of accent. "Would you, perchance, be them?"

Justin does a large, sweeping bow.


Female Dwarf Witch/8 - (HP: 57/74; AC 16; FF 14; Touch 16; Fort +6/8; Ref +5/+7; Will +8/+10; Init +2; Per +11/+13

Once again Aarakess stands and nods her head to the newcomer.

Welcome. I am Aarakess. The short redhead is Dryn'taka and the tall gal is Ingrid. Sit down and grab a bite. I believe that we should have two more joining us shortly.


{HP 74/74 | AC18/FF14/T14/CMD21 | F+9/R+11/W+3 | Inish +4, Per +11}

Dryn'taka takes a seat and gives her companions thus far a once over. "Let's see, we've got an elf. Always good to have an elf. They've got lucky feet or something. Boy is she tall. Not as tall as her though. Wow, she's like a head or more taller than me. Plus she's pretty and curvaceous. Nope, don't like her. Why don't I like her? It's not that she's pretty and tall and curvacious. Well, maybe a little bit, but there's something else."

She turns as the lizardfolk joins the group and is introduced. "Hey, a lizard man! Now it's a party here. Pleasure to meet you. Always wanted a lizard as a pet when I was a kid, but the other kids said lizards were for boys, but I asked my dad about it and he said it would've been okay, but I never caught one, and besides you're not a pet, and I hope we can be friends, k?" As she finishes speaking she extends her hand to Justin and gives a big grin, showing off a row of sharp teeth.


Lizardman hp=86/86(AC24/ff24/t11) {F=+11/R=+5/W=+8} CMD 24 Paladin 8 (Shining Knight) Smite evil 3/3 - Lay on hands 6/7

Justin quickly removes his riding gloves and takes Dryn's hand in his calloused one.

"So, I am not the only one with teeth. Very nice to meet you my lady. As for your plan to domesticate lizards, many in my tribe have done it. I think I am a walking experiment to see if a lizard-man can be domesticated--I hope it works out."

Justin's smile shows even more teeth and he makes a gesture akin to a small wink.


Female HP: 36/36, AC:16 / T12 / F14 CMD:15 Fort:2,Ref:6,Will:6 Aasimar Bard 4

Ingrid takes note of the new arrivals
"Nice to meet you Dryn'taka, did Allustan explain the job to you?"
For some odd reason I don't like her, She is shorter than the average of 5 foot, a slender frame which I would not mind given my profession.
Why do I smell sulfur and brimstone, but it's likely due to her job judging by the clothes.

when Justin arrives
"Nice to meet you Justin, did Allustan explain the job to you?"
This is a surprise, A lizardfolk is contractee.

seeing Dryn'taka's sharp teeth
I believe she is a tiefling.

I checked with various Paizo material, the elf* is slightly shorter than average, and for **ulfen blood I am also short by a few inches
* checked with core rule book
** Humans of Golarion, Ulfen are freaking tall, Ulfen Men start at 6 feet.


Male Half-Elven Ranger (Infiltrator): 8
Status:
(HP: 94/94; AC: 22(24)/14/20(22); CMD: 24; Fort +9, Ref: +8, Will: +4 [+6])

Kilthan approaches the meeting place with a sigh, Rusty Bucket... Trust humans to name something after shoddy workmanship... Hopefully that's not a bad omen as I meet the rest Allustan's hires... He pauses to take a deep breath on the threshold before opening the door to settle his unease about taking a job in the first place. Sadly, there's just not enough coin in the revenge business, especially when you don't yet know what you're hunting.

He shakes his head at the familiar thought, finding a small measure of wry amusement as he pushes the door open and the smells and sounds of the place wash over him. He begins to scan the room even as he steps into it, looking for those he's here to meet, his eyes settling quickly on the small armoured group making small talk. Torag's Beard! Is that a Lizardman?

He approaches the carefully, taking a wide berth around the lizardman, and says, with a slight Dwarven accent, "I am Kilthan. Allustan sent me."


Female HP: 36/36, AC:16 / T12 / F14 CMD:15 Fort:2,Ref:6,Will:6 Aasimar Bard 4

Actually should I roll a know(religion/planes/etc..) to know if Dryn'taka is a tielfling?


{HP 74/74 | AC18/FF14/T14/CMD21 | F+9/R+11/W+3 | Inish +4, Per +11}
Justin D'Rite aka Sluuth wrote:

"So, I am not the only one with teeth. Very nice to meet you my lady. As for your plan to domesticate lizards, many in my tribe have done it. I think I am a walking experiment to see if a lizard-man can be domesticated--I hope it works out."

Justin's smile shows even more teeth and he makes a gesture akin to a small wink.

"I'd be fine as long as you don't kill anyone. Well besides bad people, like goblins. Except nice goblins, no killing those. Unless they're the backstabby nice goblins."

Ingrid Anika Nina Jones wrote:

Ingrid takes note of the new arrivals

"Nice to meet you Dryn'taka, did Allustan explain the job to you?"
For some odd reason I don't like her, She is shorter than the average of 5 foot, a slender frame which I would not mind given my profession.
Why do I smell sulfur and brimstone, but it's likely due to her job judging by the clothes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

seeing Dryn'taka's sharp teeth
I believe she is a tiefling.

I believe we've been told the basics already, but if not supposed to have, I'll retcon it.

"Been told enough to do it. Investigate a tomb or somesuch. Just hope I can help out!"


Female HP: 36/36, AC:16 / T12 / F14 CMD:15 Fort:2,Ref:6,Will:6 Aasimar Bard 4

she greets Kilthan
"I am Ingrid Anika Nina Jones,
And it looks like were only missing one more."

she replies to Dryn'taka
"That's the basics of it, yes"

I'm so tempted to call Dryn'taka, "Shorty" after Dr Jones' sidekick in The Temple of Doom.


Female Dwarf Witch/8 - (HP: 57/74; AC 16; FF 14; Touch 16; Fort +6/8; Ref +5/+7; Will +8/+10; Init +2; Per +11/+13

Aarakess continues to watch as the new arrivals join.

One with celestial blood, and one with ties to a lower plane. An elf with a dwarfish accent, and a lizardman. What an interesting group.

Looks like there should be one more. If you do not mind me being forward, what are you skills. My goal is to return from this adventure in one piece, something too many people I have known over the years failed to do when delving into many of these old cairns. If we are going to be successful, the we need to figure our strengths and weaknesses before we begin.


Male Half-Elven Ranger (Infiltrator): 8
Status:
(HP: 94/94; AC: 22(24)/14/20(22); CMD: 24; Fort +9, Ref: +8, Will: +4 [+6])

Kilthan nods appreciatively at the Elf's directness, "I don't mind at all. I think it only fair to ask for a look at the hands you might put your life in. I am a dwarven-trained tunnel-fighter, skilled with axe and bow, and a trained huntsman, scout and tracker. And you?"


Female HP: 36/36, AC:16 / T12 / F14 CMD:15 Fort:2,Ref:6,Will:6 Aasimar Bard 4

"I am an Archaeologist, I Know a lot in various subjects, Observant, and can disable some of the traps."


{HP 74/74 | AC18/FF14/T14/CMD21 | F+9/R+11/W+3 | Inish +4, Per +11}
Ingrid Anika Nina Jones wrote:
I'm so tempted to call Dryn'taka, "Shorty" after Dr Jones' sidekick in The Temple of Doom.

Just remember who the Real Hero was, Dr. Jones. So who gets to play Willie, Justin or Kilthan?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I'm an Alchemist. Well was an alchemist. I can still do alchemy, just don't have my shop anymore. It didn't burn down or anything though, caught fire once or twice, or 6 times, but never burned down. I've learned a thing or two about healing too."


Ingrid Anika Nina Jones wrote:
Actually should I roll a know(religion/planes/etc..) to know if Dryn'taka is a tielfling?

I think knowing she is a tiefling without a roll is fine, now what it means that she is a tiefling would require a roll.(Such a racial traits like energy resistance and so on)


HP70 of 82 - AC 24 (T 13, FF 21) - F +8, R +5, W +11

From the other corner table opposite the growing group of unusual folk a cloaked individual watches and assess them. Quite the bunch. This should be very... interesting. She touches the holy symbol beneath her cloak showing a dusky colored hand, Thank you again Desna.

The woman stands removing the hood of her cloak to show a striking woman of Varisian blood, in her late twenties. She has dusky skin and large grey colored eyes that show she is both quite amused and pleased. Her long dark hair is currently tied back behind her showing several star tatoos going down the side of her neck. She is wearing her armor, a well worth breastplate, a crease across the left side where some blade must of struck some time ago. Her heavy leather gloves are tucked in her belt that has a well used heavy mace hanging from it. From about her neck on a simple chain is a carved butterfly painted a vibrant blue with yellow in the wings. A large shield that is currently strapped to her backpack has been washed in white and also has a similarly colored butterfly painted across it.

She approaches the group, "Merry meet to you all. I am Rohara, the final member of your group to be." She pulls up a chair form a neighboring table and sits, "I am a traveler, lucky enough to be blessed with Desna's gifts."


Female HP: 36/36, AC:16 / T12 / F14 CMD:15 Fort:2,Ref:6,Will:6 Aasimar Bard 4

Observing from a corner I see.

"I am Ingrid Anika Nina Jones, It's nice to meet you."


Female Dwarf Witch/8 - (HP: 57/74; AC 16; FF 14; Touch 16; Fort +6/8; Ref +5/+7; Will +8/+10; Init +2; Per +11/+13

After listening to the others and smiling at the newcomer:

I an Aarakess. For the past 20 years, I have served this good community as a healer running a small clinic with Allustan's cousin Fydor. He tragically passed on recently after serving this town for the majority of his life. As far as what I bring to this group, I too have some healing abilities, and some arcane skills.


Lizardman hp=86/86(AC24/ff24/t11) {F=+11/R=+5/W=+8} CMD 24 Paladin 8 (Shining Knight) Smite evil 3/3 - Lay on hands 6/7

In this group I feel less conspicuous. Now that everyone is present, time to check for evil.

Justin speaks in a clear voice, projecting to those at the table while minimizing the risks of being overheard, "I am a holy warrior that has dedicated myself to serving Iomedae. Although I am proficient in combat on foot, I am starting to develop my martial skills on horseback. I left my considerable stash of arms, armor, and trained animals back at the inn. You can be assured of my commitment to this just cause and to you, my chosen companions. I will demonstrate one of my abilities."

Justin removes a wooden holy symbol of Iomedae carved to show a radiant sword. He concentrates for about a half minute.

"There are no forces of evil present in this group."

Detect evil for 3 rounds in the immediate area including other patrons.


Female Dwarf Witch/8 - (HP: 57/74; AC 16; FF 14; Touch 16; Fort +6/8; Ref +5/+7; Will +8/+10; Init +2; Per +11/+13

Well, it appears we have a solid group. Smiling at the Paladin: It is good to know that the Inheritor shall be watching over our expedition.

Then turning to address the dwarfish elf: I too speak the tongue of the lords of the mountains and the mines. I am sure that your knowledge of mines and tunnels will be most beneficial in the cairns.

Finally turning to address the ladies in the group: I am afraid that I have little experience working with alchemy although I have studied it and understand that it can mimic the powers of the arcane in many instances which will undoubtedly be to our benefit. And obviously having Desna's blessing and the ability to eliminate traps before they cause us harm are things that no adventuring group should be without.

Aarakess sits back thinking for a moment.

So, what is the plan. I know that Allustan is interested in the unknown. I have spent years reading through the dusty tomes he has brought back from his trips around the world. Books for Absalam, from the southern jungles, even from the far away kellish empire. Yet, it seems that now his interest is on a cairn but a few steps from town. It is always amazing that the unknown can be right under your nose without you even knowing it. I have lived here for over twenty years, and wandered in many of those cairns without ever finding more than an old broken weapon or odd dropped coin. Never would I have thought that after all these years there might yet be passages and treasure hidden in one of the cairns.


Female HP: 36/36, AC:16 / T12 / F14 CMD:15 Fort:2,Ref:6,Will:6 Aasimar Bard 4

Darn, it ate my post.

Now that is a shocker, a Lizardfolk who is a devote follower of Iomedae, and possibly a priest or paladin.

"I believe Allustan has selected the Whispering Cairn,
where sixty years ago the Pathfinders from Absalom lead by a man named Ulavant entered the Cairn.
No one heard from them again"


HP70 of 82 - AC 24 (T 13, FF 21) - F +8, R +5, W +11

The woman shares openly, "Allustan is helping me in trying to find my husband, Gaddiel. After a dream where he woke yelling, he disappeared the next morning. I had a lead he came here, but no one knows of him. He is a cleric of Desna, like myself. Until mage can come up with any leads, he asked if I would help a group for him."

Rohara smiles as she she listens to those about the table talk. She looks about the establishment so see who might be there at this time of day and that they are not paying to close of attention to the group.

She comments, "This task, is supposed to be kept quiet from what Allustan has informed me. Should we keep our voices down some and perhaps not mention the location so, openly?"

After a moment she says, "Do we know why we are delving into this Cairn?" She looks to the other faces to see if any know the reason.


Lizardman hp=86/86(AC24/ff24/t11) {F=+11/R=+5/W=+8} CMD 24 Paladin 8 (Shining Knight) Smite evil 3/3 - Lay on hands 6/7

Justin continues to project his voice rather than increase it to a volume that can be overheard.
"My lady of Desna, I will help you find your beloved. I was told to be discreet, as the people in this town may not all be above reproach. That is why I scanned for evil forces earlier."


Female Dwarf Witch/8 - (HP: 57/74; AC 16; FF 14; Touch 16; Fort +6/8; Ref +5/+7; Will +8/+10; Init +2; Per +11/+13

If you are concerned about being overheard, I can help with that. Give me a moment.

I cast Message 5 times pointing at each person.

Now you can whisper and I can hear each of you. Anything that I say all of you will be able to hear. If there is something secretive that you need to say, just whisper it and I will be able to hear it and can then tell everyone else with a whisper. It is possible to overhear what we are saying, but quite difficult unless the person is right next to us.

As far as the people in the restaurant, I have known most of them for years and do not think that they are people we need to worry about. There are people in this town that I would not say this about, these are not those people.

It lasts 10 minutes, I will recast as necessary to keep it in effect throughout this meeting.


Lizardman hp=86/86(AC24/ff24/t11) {F=+11/R=+5/W=+8} CMD 24 Paladin 8 (Shining Knight) Smite evil 3/3 - Lay on hands 6/7

Justin nods at Arakess and speaks freely, "I am aiding Alustran as he has taken interest in a horrible tragedy that has befallen my tribe."

"In my short time in this town I get a feeling this town is fragile; both the economic health and moral well-being are in decay. Some probably think without a rich treasure find this town is doomed. If we discover a rich cairn, we will have to be careful as many will want to exploit our find. We most likely will be followed, maybe even before we demonstrate any competence or success."

After his short speech Justin clarifies, "Although these are the first impressions of an outsider, my instincts aren't often wrong. Where are my manners?!?"

Justin pulls out a chair and motions for Dryn to be seated.


Female Dwarf Witch/8 - (HP: 57/74; AC 16; FF 14; Touch 16; Fort +6/8; Ref +5/+7; Will +8/+10; Init +2; Per +11/+13

I figured everyone was already sitting.


Female HP: 36/36, AC:16 / T12 / F14 CMD:15 Fort:2,Ref:6,Will:6 Aasimar Bard 4

Same here


Male Half-Elven Ranger (Infiltrator): 8
Status:
(HP: 94/94; AC: 22(24)/14/20(22); CMD: 24; Fort +9, Ref: +8, Will: +4 [+6])

Kilthan nods and leans forward, keeping his voice low and gravelly, "The paladin's words ring true to my ears. This town reminds me of a mine where the veins are running dry... and that kind of uncertainty can in a place can lead to more types of trouble than I care to imagine. The sad fact is that some folk will seek to take advantage of a situation such as this... happy to wreck what Allustan seeks to build or restore simply for their own personal gain. We must be wary."

He then throws his head back and laughs loudly, "..and one for the goblin you rode in on! Priceless!"


{HP 74/74 | AC18/FF14/T14/CMD21 | F+9/R+11/W+3 | Inish +4, Per +11}

Same, actually. But ty :)

"Lousy people wanting to exploit our hard work for nothing. I'll choose when I get exploited. Though I don't mind helping a town out. And a treasure hunt could be fun! So when do we head out?"


Female Dwarf Witch/8 - (HP: 57/74; AC 16; FF 14; Touch 16; Fort +6/8; Ref +5/+7; Will +8/+10; Init +2; Per +11/+13

This is my town. It is a good town. But, it is also a mining town controlled by a few mine owners with Allustan's brother nominally holding power as mayor. I trust Allustan and his brother, but cannot say as much for most of the mine owners. As far as the other residents of the town go. They are hard working, but few would be unwilling to take a risk to gain an advantage if it would give them enough money to leave Diamond Point for a better life elsewhere.


Female HP: 36/36, AC:16 / T12 / F14 CMD:15 Fort:2,Ref:6,Will:6 Aasimar Bard 4

"I agree that it is horrible when people exploit another's hard work for nothing.
And I hope that we don't run into to much trouble, as a single loss is a loss to us all."


HP70 of 82 - AC 24 (T 13, FF 21) - F +8, R +5, W +11

The woman smiles and bows her head, "Thank you Servant of the Inheritor, you are most kind to offer."

She looks about and listens to what the others begin to discuss of the town of Diamond Point.


Female Dwarf Witch/8 - (HP: 57/74; AC 16; FF 14; Touch 16; Fort +6/8; Ref +5/+7; Will +8/+10; Init +2; Per +11/+13

So, when does this expedition begin? I am mostly prepared, but we should discuss how we are going to work together. I assume that Mr. Liz . . . er, I am sorry, I do not think I caught your name before. Anyway, it would seem that Kilthan and the paladin are the most capable at combat, although Ingrid and Rohara seem to know how to handle weapons as well. From the little I have heard, Kilthan should lead as he appears to know tunnels and I assume the cairn will be mostly underground.

I am not sure how to line us up after that. I have little training with weapons and will have to rely upon my other abilities to help us. How about the rest of you?


Lizardman hp=86/86(AC24/ff24/t11) {F=+11/R=+5/W=+8} CMD 24 Paladin 8 (Shining Knight) Smite evil 3/3 - Lay on hands 6/7

Justin's face lights up at the talk of tactics - which for a lizardman is slightly upward rise of the corners of his mouth producing the start of a grin showing his teeth and a gleam in his eyes.

"I have no stealth or counterstealth skills. I have a horse I will be leaving behind and a dog I will probably bring as I typically rely on my animals to detect ambushes. I attack with large two-handed weapons and hit as hard as I can. I have used long weapons such as a glaive to gain a reach advantage on my opponents, but I prefer to use magic to fight enlarged and keep opponents away. In some tunnels, though, this may be a problem. I do not even own a missile weapon--a trident or throwing hammers is what I use at the middle ranges. In a tunnel my lack of missile weapons should not be a problem."

Justin adds, "I am sure you ladies couldn't be in better hands than you are with Kilthan and I up front."


{HP 74/74 | AC18/FF14/T14/CMD21 | F+9/R+11/W+3 | Inish +4, Per +11}

"I'm sure you two will keep us safe!" Dryn'taka gives them both a grin. "Let's see, what can I do. I can use a crossbow, but when you guys get all biff, pow, stabby, then I'm not so good. I can make all sorts of bombs, and I'm great with alchemical stuff. I know how to make a few types of potions. I can make some healing ones, but I haven't quite got my in the field potion skills down yet. I'm working on it though! Oh, and I can make a potion that makes me stronger, faster, or tougher. But I start acting a little weird when I take it.

"Outside of blowing stuff up I'm okay at sneaking, but devils usually are. I can help with traps people like to leave behind, but only the ones that aren't magic like. I like to play with magic stuff, but it usually blows up in my face. Working on that too! Oh, and I can bite."


Female Dwarf Witch/8 - (HP: 57/74; AC 16; FF 14; Touch 16; Fort +6/8; Ref +5/+7; Will +8/+10; Init +2; Per +11/+13

Aarakess watches the small red haired girl as she speaks.

All good skills. I have some skill understanding magic and the magical powers of things, so hopefully I can help you with that. I have little in the way of bombs or other injurious magic. I can provide myself with a defensive shield, I can summon a riding horse, I can make people like me, and - looking at Sluuth (who has still not actually introduced himself or told us his name) - I can make a person much larger for a short period of time.

1 to 50 of 6,016 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Blood's Age Of Worms (Group 2) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.