Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

GM Blood's Age of Worms in Golarion

Game Master David James Olsen

Current Map
Loot


2,401 to 2,450 of 6,616 << first < prev | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | next > last >>

Human Wizard (diviner foresight) 9 | HP 62 (62) | Init +12 | Perc +9 | AC: 16 T: 12 FF: 14 CMD: 15 | F +6 R +6 W +7 |
Resources:
Foretell 9/9, Prescience 10/10, Hero Points 3/3
Jirin Tupel wrote:
"Can I have a potion, too?"

Rauno calculates that the potion is an item of value that could extend good will to Jirin, but not likely be used against them the former capture turns out to be a cultist.

As such, he says "Splendid idea, please take some of the potions to carry. But bear in mind that master Quintus is has considerable favor with his diety, Sarenrae, the Patron of Redemption, god of those who have served darkness but turned to the light of goodness, and has used it to aid us heavily in our cause by healing most of our wounds we've incurred. You may wish to bear that in mind in case he is able to aid you in that manner before you need to resort to using the potion."

Rauno smiles, proud of himself about how subtly he planted the seed that, if Jirin is indeed evil, sincerely joining in their cause may lead to a divine salvation.


HP 45/54; Per +11, Trap +1; AC 15, Touch 14, Flat 11; Fort +5, Ref +8, Will +6

"Is that so, Mage Rauno? Would he - and Sarenrae - be willing to do anything about all these cuts and bruises all those darkness-servers have gifted me with? Or your own, since you look about as beat up as I feel," she replied without guile or comment on the wizard's proselytizing on the cleric's behalf.


AC 22/12/20, HP 80/80 F: +8+1, R: +5+1, W: +10*+1

"I'd be happy to, when I can. The grace She gives me for a day is finite, and I spent it all keeping Trevor, Kelkzar, and Rowena alive through the fight." He grimaces, as if at an unpleasant memory. "If no one bothers us while we rest, I'll heal you right away. I don't think it's a good idea to use the wand or the potions unless we're attacked before I can pray for the day's grace."

Per GM Blood's post above, I think the next day Kelkzar, Trevor, and Quintus will be able to heal the party completely.


Human Wizard (diviner foresight) 9 | HP 62 (62) | Init +12 | Perc +9 | AC: 16 T: 12 FF: 14 CMD: 15 | F +6 R +6 W +7 |
Resources:
Foretell 9/9, Prescience 10/10, Hero Points 3/3
GM Blood wrote:

Rauno can take another crack at the wand

Spellcraft 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (2) + 11 = 13

As much as Rauno tries to focus past his grief, the distraction continues to make the properties of the wand elude him. With a grimace, he allows himself some time to go sit with the fallen Lessien.


AC 22/12/20, HP 80/80 F: +8+1, R: +5+1, W: +10*+1

Quintus also has a go at the wand, casting guidance before detect magic.

Spellcraft check: 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 6 + 1 = 14

He'll cast guidance on anyone else who wants to try.


Quintus you can try one extra time too.

As for healing I was imagining and resting period to be able to heal and such then spending an extra day recovering to be at full strength with everything, sound good?


AC 22/12/20, HP 80/80 F: +8+1, R: +5+1, W: +10*+1

Quintus didn't have detect magic memorized the day of the fight.


Human Wizard (diviner foresight) 9 | HP 62 (62) | Init +12 | Perc +9 | AC: 16 T: 12 FF: 14 CMD: 15 | F +6 R +6 W +7 |
Resources:
Foretell 9/9, Prescience 10/10, Hero Points 3/3
GM Blood wrote:
As for healing I was imagining and resting period to be able to heal and such then spending an extra day recovering to be at full strength with everything, sound good?

That sounds great. It feels good to be fully charged again!

Early on, Rauno will ask Kelkzar and Quintus "I do not know how long it will be until we can see to a proper burial for Lessien. Do you think I should use this formula we recovered to preserve her until such a time?" He is referring to the Gentle Repose potion that can be applied through the syringe that we got from Filge.


Stats:
AC 21/12/20 (raging 19/10/18), HP 91/91 (raging 109/109), F+9 R+5 W+9 (raging F+11, W+11), Init +3, Per +19

Kelkzar can try the wand also...and with the help from Quintus. 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 4 + 1 = 25. Bingo!


HP 83+0/83+18; AC 22-2/11-2/21: +4 Smite Evil Used LoH(0/8) Used Smite (0/3) Used Divine Bond (1/2) Effects: Haste, Bear's Endurance, Enlarge Person, Prayer, Divine Bond (merciful and flaming), Divine Favor +2, Bless Weapon, Bull Strength, Weapon of Awe, Resist Fire (20), Air Walk

Trevor often goes to pray beside Lessien. He asks for Iomedae to give strength in the trial to come, to light his path and steel his soul, for he feels the fear gripping his heart, like it did the night Rafan died...


HP 45/54; Per +11, Trap +1; AC 15, Touch 14, Flat 11; Fort +5, Ref +8, Will +6

As everyone settles down to rest, Jirin picks up the cat who'd found her a prisoner and pets it, looking into its mesmerizing eyes. Hardly aware of her surroundings, she lost herself in memory and imagination as she had prior to being rescued. The visions seemed more... potent, somehow, as if she was more attuned to whatever their source was.


AC 23/T 23/FF 17; F/R/W +12+2/+13/+11; Max HP 90; Current HP 44+18; Effects: haste, bear's endurance, mage armour, resist fire (20), telepathic bond

"Does the formula have any other purpose?" Rowena asks. "If not, then by all means, but if it can also do something to help the living, that needs to take priority, as cold and harsh as I know that sounds."


Stats:
AC 21/12/20 (raging 19/10/18), HP 91/91 (raging 109/109), F+9 R+5 W+9 (raging F+11, W+11), Init +3, Per +19

Hopefully I'm not too out of line adding this since it is a relatively low level divine spell.

"It preserves a dead body so that the dead can be brought back to life...albeit with powerful magics. But, unless I am mistaken, it may not be effective on Lessien. There seems to have been something out of the ordinary that took place when she fell. Given the golden arrow you described, I think we have witnessed some intervention by one of the powers of good. To what effect I am not sure, but it also makes me wonder if she could be returned to life or if they have called her for another purpose."


AC 23/T 23/FF 17; F/R/W +12+2/+13/+11; Max HP 90; Current HP 44+18; Effects: haste, bear's endurance, mage armour, resist fire (20), telepathic bond

"But if it will simply preserve her, then that's what it's for. I don't think we possess the resources we'd need to have her raised back to life, do we? But if the injection will preserve her for a proper burial with honours on the surface, then let's use it."


Human Wizard (diviner foresight) 9 | HP 62 (62) | Init +12 | Perc +9 | AC: 16 T: 12 FF: 14 CMD: 15 | F +6 R +6 W +7 |
Resources:
Foretell 9/9, Prescience 10/10, Hero Points 3/3

"It serves no other purpose than preservation. And I only considered it to spare Trevor the added hardship of watching nature's course until we could properly attend to her."


Stats:
AC 21/12/20 (raging 19/10/18), HP 91/91 (raging 109/109), F+9 R+5 W+9 (raging F+11, W+11), Init +3, Per +19

Not sure how to handle this. If we want to leave the door open for Lessien's return, the injection would be a good way to handle it. If we want to move on and save the injection for the possibility one of us needs to be raised in the future, either Kelkzar, Trevor or Quintus should recognize that she is definitely gone and advise that we save the potion.


She is definitely gone, but I think it isn't out of the realm of possibility to use it on her until a proper burial can be done


HP 83+0/83+18; AC 22-2/11-2/21: +4 Smite Evil Used LoH(0/8) Used Smite (0/3) Used Divine Bond (1/2) Effects: Haste, Bear's Endurance, Enlarge Person, Prayer, Divine Bond (merciful and flaming), Divine Favor +2, Bless Weapon, Bull Strength, Weapon of Awe, Resist Fire (20), Air Walk

"She would want us to keep the potion for the rest of us. She has left us for good."


Is everyone ready to head to the next part? I will start it up later tonight or tomorrow


HP 83+0/83+18; AC 22-2/11-2/21: +4 Smite Evil Used LoH(0/8) Used Smite (0/3) Used Divine Bond (1/2) Effects: Haste, Bear's Endurance, Enlarge Person, Prayer, Divine Bond (merciful and flaming), Divine Favor +2, Bless Weapon, Bull Strength, Weapon of Awe, Resist Fire (20), Air Walk

Readiness: 1d100 ⇒ 87
Yes!


HP 45/54; Per +11, Trap +1; AC 15, Touch 14, Flat 11; Fort +5, Ref +8, Will +6

I'm as ready as NFL temporary ref's are not.


Ugh. I'm still fuming about that


AC 22/12/20, HP 80/80 F: +8+1, R: +5+1, W: +10*+1

Ditto. Not as dangerous as what Ryan Mundy did, but...yeah.


Human Wizard (diviner foresight) 9 | HP 62 (62) | Init +12 | Perc +9 | AC: 16 T: 12 FF: 14 CMD: 15 | F +6 R +6 W +7 |
Resources:
Foretell 9/9, Prescience 10/10, Hero Points 3/3

Sorry, I didn't mean to derail us there. Ready to go on.


AC 22/12/20, HP 80/80 F: +8+1, R: +5+1, W: +10*+1

BTW, did Kelkzar successfully ID the other wand?


Oh yes, knew I was forgetting something

It is a wand of enlarge person - 42 charges


AC 22/12/20, HP 80/80 F: +8+1, R: +5+1, W: +10*+1

"Rauno, I think that one's yours."


Human Wizard (diviner foresight) 9 | HP 62 (62) | Init +12 | Perc +9 | AC: 16 T: 12 FF: 14 CMD: 15 | F +6 R +6 W +7 |
Resources:
Foretell 9/9, Prescience 10/10, Hero Points 3/3
Quintus of Taldor wrote:
"Rauno, I think that one's yours."

"Yes indeed. But I shall share its benefits generously."

Adding the wand to Rauno's gear. DM, I swapped out Invisibility for a second Bull's Strength on Rauno's memorized spells, just FYI.


Stats:
AC 21/12/20 (raging 19/10/18), HP 91/91 (raging 109/109), F+9 R+5 W+9 (raging F+11, W+11), Init +3, Per +19

Mua ha ha...a very appropriate wand for Kelkzar to identify. Use at will Rauno when we have room. Yes, ready to move on.


AC 23/T 23/FF 17; F/R/W +12+2/+13/+11; Max HP 90; Current HP 44+18; Effects: haste, bear's endurance, mage armour, resist fire (20), telepathic bond

Large-sized Rowena...at 4th level she'll be able to use a Ki point to Ki throw huge creatures...

Speaking of which...that massive battle didn't bump them up a notch? :(


HP 83+0/83+18; AC 22-2/11-2/21: +4 Smite Evil Used LoH(0/8) Used Smite (0/3) Used Divine Bond (1/2) Effects: Haste, Bear's Endurance, Enlarge Person, Prayer, Divine Bond (merciful and flaming), Divine Favor +2, Bless Weapon, Bull Strength, Weapon of Awe, Resist Fire (20), Air Walk

Trevor, when he learns about the wand, is all excited: "That's just amazing! Does this mean that two of you could attack behind me, even in a narrow spot?"


Map finally ready. This was some work!

A smooth, gray stone corridor stretches about thirty feet ahead before it comes to an intersection. The stonework here is smooth and expertly crafted.

A couple of hallway choices to make, I'll update as much and as soon as I can


Human Wizard (diviner foresight) 9 | HP 62 (62) | Init +12 | Perc +9 | AC: 16 T: 12 FF: 14 CMD: 15 | F +6 R +6 W +7 |
Resources:
Foretell 9/9, Prescience 10/10, Hero Points 3/3

Did we get the gemstone from the statue? Do we know what the stone key goes to? I apologize if it was posted before and I missed it.


The stone key was for the Urgatoha Section

The gem was worth 800gp


AC 22/12/20, HP 80/80 F: +8+1, R: +5+1, W: +10*+1

"This is just like the other temple--easy to make into a killing ground. Kelkzar and Trevor, when we go past openings one of you should stand next to the rest of us when we cross it, then catch up once we're past."

I.e., in this case if we wanted to turn right at the intersection, Trevor moves up fifteen feet and stays put while the rest of us turn right with Kelkzar leading. It gets a little stickier once we get to the T-junction down the way, but this way we're not risking Rauno taking a shot from the flank.


HP 83+0/83+18; AC 22-2/11-2/21: +4 Smite Evil Used LoH(0/8) Used Smite (0/3) Used Divine Bond (1/2) Effects: Haste, Bear's Endurance, Enlarge Person, Prayer, Divine Bond (merciful and flaming), Divine Favor +2, Bless Weapon, Bull Strength, Weapon of Awe, Resist Fire (20), Air Walk

"I can lead. Kelkzar has reach and can catch up behind me, or Rowena."

Trevor adjusts his shield, lifting it up to cover his nose, and shifts the weight of his flail, appreciating its fine balance. "Straight? Or do we leave no hallway unchecked? They'll hear us if we're too slow or thorough."


AC 23/T 23/FF 17; F/R/W +12+2/+13/+11; Max HP 90; Current HP 44+18; Effects: haste, bear's endurance, mage armour, resist fire (20), telepathic bond

Rowena would have grabbed a longspear as well for just such an occasion.

"We need to find a room or open space to set up our formation and maneuver. These corridors do not play to our preferred styles," Ro whispers.


AC 22/12/20, HP 80/80 F: +8+1, R: +5+1, W: +10*+1

I may be making an unwarranted assumption...are these hallways lit?


HP 45/54; Per +11, Trap +1; AC 15, Touch 14, Flat 11; Fort +5, Ref +8, Will +6

Jirin, sandwiched between Trevor and Rauno, shrugged in indifference at the question of which direction to go.

"Seem t'me as the bear's always in the back of his den; if you're looking for trouble forward's best."


Hallways are lit


Human Wizard (diviner foresight) 9 | HP 62 (62) | Init +12 | Perc +9 | AC: 16 T: 12 FF: 14 CMD: 15 | F +6 R +6 W +7 |
Resources:
Foretell 9/9, Prescience 10/10, Hero Points 3/3
GM Blood wrote:
Hallways are lit

Even so, Rauno will carry one of the everburning torches we recovered in one hand, his loaded crossbow in the other. If he needs to cast or use the crossbow, he can drop the torch without significant consequences.


HP 83+0/83+18; AC 22-2/11-2/21: +4 Smite Evil Used LoH(0/8) Used Smite (0/3) Used Divine Bond (1/2) Effects: Haste, Bear's Endurance, Enlarge Person, Prayer, Divine Bond (merciful and flaming), Divine Favor +2, Bless Weapon, Bull Strength, Weapon of Awe, Resist Fire (20), Air Walk

Trevor nods, but wait for Kelkzar's advice before proceeding. He follows his mentor's advice.


Stats:
AC 21/12/20 (raging 19/10/18), HP 91/91 (raging 109/109), F+9 R+5 W+9 (raging F+11, W+11), Init +3, Per +19

"Sure, let's move forward to the next intersection. Everyone listen and keep on eye on things." Kelkzar advances 15-feet ahead, while looking for traps and making certain Trevor watches the hall to the right.
Perception 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25


HP 45/54; Per +11, Trap +1; AC 15, Touch 14, Flat 11; Fort +5, Ref +8, Will +6

Bow in hand and arrow nocked, Jirin watches and listens carefully for any sign of evil cultists.

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14


Map Updated


Stats:
AC 21/12/20 (raging 19/10/18), HP 91/91 (raging 109/109), F+9 R+5 W+9 (raging F+11, W+11), Init +3, Per +19

Seeing nothing so far, Kelkzar moves forward 25 feet to the T-intersection. Perception 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25


AC 22/12/20, HP 80/80 F: +8+1, R: +5+1, W: +10*+1
GM Blood wrote:

Map Updated

I can't help but notice a couple of extra tokens on the map, GMB.


Stats:
AC 21/12/20 (raging 19/10/18), HP 91/91 (raging 109/109), F+9 R+5 W+9 (raging F+11, W+11), Init +3, Per +19

I think the bad guys might be coming


You continue to head north and all of a sudden from nowhere behind you a bird creature appears and fires a shot from a bow

Rowena bow shot (Flat-Footed)

Bow 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
Damage 1d6 + 1d4 ⇒ (2) + (1) = 3

A door opens to the right of Jirin showing another Tengu who attacks with a wicked looked dagger

Dagger vs Jirin (Flat-Footed)

Dagger 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10
Damage 1d4 + 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (3) + (2) + 2 = 7

A Tengu steps out from the wall to the west of Quintus and fires his bow (Flat-Footed)

Bow 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14
Damage 1d6 + 1d4 ⇒ (5) + (3) = 8

Another Tengu steps out from the wall farther to the west of Quintus and fires his bow (Flat-Footed)

Bow 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15
Damage 1d6 + 1d4 ⇒ (5) + (4) = 9

Pathetic Ambush begins

GM Blood:

Initiative Rowena Lordail 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23
Initiative Trevor the Yellow 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23
Initiative Rauno Redpath 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (9) + 9 = 18
Initiative Jirin 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14
Initiative Kelkzar Redjaw 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9
Initiative Quintus 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8
Initiative Tengu 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10

Round 1

Initiative Order - Rauno, Jirin, Trevor, Rowena, Quintus, Kelkzar, Tengu

Tengu Stats AC 18 T 15 FF 15 CMD 17

Everyone is up!


HP 45/54; Per +11, Trap +1; AC 15, Touch 14, Flat 11; Fort +5, Ref +8, Will +6

This is my 1000th post on the Paizo forums! Too bad it's made of weaksauce lol

Knowledge (Nature): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (9) + 10 = 19 to know what a tengu is

Jirin just barely manages to avoid the tengu's dagger-thrust, drawing her bow and releasing at literally point-blank range - managing to just barely miss the birdbrain.

Attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17

2,401 to 2,450 of 6,616 << first < prev | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Gm Blood's AoW in Golarion All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.