Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

GM Blood's Age of Worms in Golarion

Game Master David James Olsen

Current Map
Loot


1,451 to 1,500 of 7,171 << first < prev | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | next > last >>

HP 103/103; AC 22/11/21: +1 Haste, +4 Smite Evil Used LoH(0/9) Used Smite (0/4) Used Divine Bond (0/2) Effects:

"Was that guy a hero? Did he fight for a good cause?"


When Kelkzar gets to the top stair the bas-relief sculpture animates and says "SPEAK MY NAME"


Stats:
AC 21/13/20 (raging 19/11/18), HP 100/100 (raging 120/120), F+10 R+5 W+10 (raging F+12, W+12), Init +3, Per +20

Kelkzar pauses in his approach and looks at the sculpture, signaling with his hand for everyone to get ready. Straightforward or riddle? Well these were the forces of law... "Zosiel." he replies flatly.


After saying Zosiel, the image fades back into the wall and the chamber grows still. The sarcophagus before you up to this point was completely sealed with no seam showing. As you say the words a bright blue light shines around the sarcophagus lid, fading a few moments later. Looking at it again there now a seam revealing the lid.


Stats:
AC 21/13/20 (raging 19/11/18), HP 100/100 (raging 120/120), F+10 R+5 W+10 (raging F+12, W+12), Init +3, Per +20

Kelkzar makes a thorough examination of the sarcophagus.
Perception 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21
"Well, shall we see what is inside?"


AC 24/T 24/FF 18; F/R/W +13/+14/+13; Max HP 98; Current HP 98; Effects:

Rowena will help open the sarcophagus, once Kelkzar deems it safe.


The lid is not trapped and Rowena and Kelkzar remove it with ease.

Inside lays a couple of items:

A slight silver diadem inscribed with Zosiel personal glyph.

Two long slightly curved black horns with red tips.

A pewter box inscribed with alien writhing letterforms. The metal holding the box together has melted in the past making the box sealed.

Knowledge (planes) or (religion) DC 15 to ID Glyphs on Box:
The Glyphs are those of the Demon Queen Lamashtu.


Stats:
AC 21/13/20 (raging 19/11/18), HP 100/100 (raging 120/120), F+10 R+5 W+10 (raging F+12, W+12), Init +3, Per +20

Knowledge (Nature) 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
Knowledge (Religion) 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10
"Disturbing. There is something very wrong about that box, but I'm not sure what it is. And those horns...they look to be those of the creature that slew Zosiel. I expect we have all sorts of magic here, but let me see." Casts detect magic.
Spellcraft 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18


AC 24/T 24/FF 18; F/R/W +13/+14/+13; Max HP 98; Current HP 98; Effects:

Knowledge: Religion: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22

"Lamashtu!" Rowena spits, almost as a curse, pointing to the glyphs on the box.


Sorry that was supposed to be planes, not nature!


The diadem is magical

The horns are not

The box is not, but you are getting the sense of strong magic inside the box


Stats:
AC 21/13/20 (raging 19/11/18), HP 100/100 (raging 120/120), F+10 R+5 W+10 (raging F+12, W+12), Init +3, Per +20

"Of course. Guess I have some studying to do to keep my demon lords straight. Shall we see what's inside?" Kelkzar looks for a way to open the box.
Was the Spellcraft sufficient to identify the diadem?


It was not high enough

The metal around the box is melted not allowing it to be opened normally, but you could break it open pretty easily.


HP 103/103; AC 22/11/21: +1 Haste, +4 Smite Evil Used LoH(0/9) Used Smite (0/4) Used Divine Bond (0/2) Effects:

Trevor shrugs as it seems he talked to himself: "Nevermind..."

As the coffin is opened: "Were are his remains? Shouldn't we leave his last possession buried with him? What right do we have to pick those, like some low tomb robbers?"


AC 22/12/20, HP 89/89 F: +9+1, R: +5+1, W: +11*+1

"What Kelkzar said made it sound like he was disintegrated by a demon, so there'd be no body. Remember the pictures on the walls downstairs? The war between demons and Bralani? I think these things belonged to the duke, and were left here for other people to use in the war."


HP 103/103; AC 22/11/21: +1 Haste, +4 Smite Evil Used LoH(0/9) Used Smite (0/4) Used Divine Bond (0/2) Effects:

"Aw yes. Makes sense... But were not in any war. So maybe they should be left undisturbed?"


AC 22/12/20, HP 89/89 F: +9+1, R: +5+1, W: +11*+1

The haunted look in Quintus' eyes that had been absent for the past couple of days returns. "Aren't we? Oh, no armies marching around, but every one of us was called from--from whatever we d-did be-, before--by the hands of the Gods, and I have to think it was for a reason. The things we've learned about what's happening here, and we've only started to look...yes, Trevor, we are at war." Goddess, keep me from fighting evil the wrong way...again. The cleric's hands tremble and he clasps them together, as if trying to hide it.


Human Wizard (diviner foresight) 10 | HP 69 | Init +13 | Perc +10 | AC: 17 T: 13 FF: 15 CMD: 16 | F +6 R +6 W +8 |
Resources:
Foretell 2/10, Prescience 3/10, Hero Points 2/3

Rauno absorbs all they are seeing in the room, and takes a close look himself at the diadem to determine its properties.

Spellcraft 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (7) + 10 = 17


Rauno is not sure what magic the diadem contains.

Made up your mind on breaking the box to see inside?


Stats:
AC 21/13/20 (raging 19/11/18), HP 100/100 (raging 120/120), F+10 R+5 W+10 (raging F+12, W+12), Init +3, Per +20

"I agree with Quintus, there's a reason we're here. And leaving the items now with no guardians is sure to see them fall into someone's hands before long." Kelkzar attempts to open the box.


Kelkzar breaks open the box and inside is a long handle attached to an adamantine loop. When detect magic is used on it, it radiates strong transmutation magic.


AC 22/12/20, HP 89/89 F: +9+1, R: +5+1, W: +11*+1

"That looks like the talisman in the picture. I guess Zosiel's army finished off the demon and took this and its horns for trophies."


Ok, so you made it to the true tomb of Zosiel. You still have the sections with turning sarcophagus left to examine or return to town.


Human Wizard (diviner foresight) 10 | HP 69 | Init +13 | Perc +10 | AC: 17 T: 13 FF: 15 CMD: 16 | F +6 R +6 W +8 |
Resources:
Foretell 2/10, Prescience 3/10, Hero Points 2/3

"We dare not reveal that we found that to anyone except our benefactor. And certainly not sell it. It is a talisman of great power indeed.

After taking a few more minutes to absorb the details of the room (should they be important later), Rauno will ask Do we need to return to town for anything? I'm inclined to investigate more of this tomb complex now that we know its true nature.


Stats:
AC 21/13/20 (raging 19/11/18), HP 100/100 (raging 120/120), F+10 R+5 W+10 (raging F+12, W+12), Init +3, Per +20

"I agree, let's see if we can find other passages. We can always sleep in the entrance as we did previously."


AC 22/12/20, HP 89/89 F: +9+1, R: +5+1, W: +11*+1

"I've used up most of the Dawnflower's grace for the day, but I still have my sword. Let's go on." As the party leaves the cenotaph room, the priest turns one last time to look at the sarcophagus. Rest well, Your Grace. With the Gods' help we'll do what we have to.


Quintus:
After your internal well wishes, a light breeze caresses your face. It leaves you with a confidence that you were meant for these items.


Recap for this room. The rotating sarcophagus was moved to the Yellow lantern alcove and a small chamber that would fit a person rose up out of floor. You decided to turn it again, the chamber went back down and the green alcove floor broke and creatures came out. You investigated down below finding the red lantern and have explored anything else yet.

Map of Room as a reminder

You head back down to the "False Tomb" room with the lanterns. A couple of you push the sarcophagus clockwise and it "clicks" on the blue lantern alcove with nothing happening. Searching around you find no change so you decide to push it again. It rotates again, stopping with click on the Indigo alcove.

Like the yellow alcove, a small chamber rises from the floor with doors opening. The chamber isn't empty this time, numerous crushed bones and some moldy clothes are on the floor inside the chamber.


AC 24/T 24/FF 18; F/R/W +13/+14/+13; Max HP 98; Current HP 98; Effects:

"I don't like the look of that at all," Rowena says.


Human Wizard (diviner foresight) 10 | HP 69 | Init +13 | Perc +10 | AC: 17 T: 13 FF: 15 CMD: 16 | F +6 R +6 W +8 |
Resources:
Foretell 2/10, Prescience 3/10, Hero Points 2/3

"Yes, that looks potentially... unpleasant. I propose an experiment. Let's put something in there, a full waterskin perhaps, and rotate the sarcophagus away from and back to Indigo. That may tell us a bit more of what is happening below without risking one of us."


Stats:
AC 21/13/20 (raging 19/11/18), HP 100/100 (raging 120/120), F+10 R+5 W+10 (raging F+12, W+12), Init +3, Per +20

"That is a good idea Rauno. Anyone have a waterskin they don't mind using for this? I seem to have forgotten mine, but we could use my shaving kit." How the hell did I get a shaving kit, but not a waterskin?


HP 19/29 AC 17. Non-mutagen: AC17/14/13;F:+5 R:+7 W:+0 Mutagen: AC 20/15/15; F:+5 R:+9 W:-1

"I am still in pretty bad shape, and our magic and my alchemy are largely depleted. I think it would be prudent to camp and recover before we explore anything new."


AC 22/12/20, HP 89/89 F: +9+1, R: +5+1, W: +11*+1

"I have one. Quintus passes over a partially-filled waterskin.

Trevor:
At some point on the way back to the chamber with the lamps, Quintus motions you over near him. He says quietly, "If you're worried about grave robbing, I think you can rest easy on that score. As we were leaving I wished the late Duke well in my mind, and just then I felt a breeze on my face. Somehow with that I knew that we were meant to have those items. But keep asking those questions. The worst thing in the world is to cause evil from trying to do good the wrong way. Trust me on that." The priest smiles, but for a moment the haunted look comes back to his eyes.


You place the waterskin in the chamber, ready to pull your hands out if anything happens, but nothing does. You push the sarcophagus all the way around. None of the other alcove except yellow have a cylinder and nothing else happens. When you get it back to indigo, you see the waterskin is crushed like the bones and clothes.


HP 19/29 AC 17. Non-mutagen: AC17/14/13;F:+5 R:+7 W:+0 Mutagen: AC 20/15/15; F:+5 R:+9 W:-1

"It seems the indigo alcove is just a trap for the unwary."

Examine to see if it's something that can be disarmed.
Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17
If so, attempt to disarm: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (4) + 10 = 14


You search it and realize the chamber isn't really a chamber at all, the top and sides just slide down crushing everything inside. (as opposed to the yellow chamber which the whole thing moves up and down.)


AC 24/T 24/FF 18; F/R/W +13/+14/+13; Max HP 98; Current HP 98; Effects:

"That is just a nasty way to go," Rowena comments, looking slightly green around the gills.

She pokes at the clothes to see if there is anything of worth among the remains.


Rowena Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27

Rowena pokes around and discovers under the clothes is a pouch, Dragging it out and opening reveals 35gp, 15sp, and a ruby worth 50gp inside


Human Wizard (diviner foresight) 10 | HP 69 | Init +13 | Perc +10 | AC: 17 T: 13 FF: 15 CMD: 16 | F +6 R +6 W +8 |
Resources:
Foretell 2/10, Prescience 3/10, Hero Points 2/3

Rauno joins Rowena in examining the remains, but for a slightly different purpose. Can he tell if any of the remains are children, perhaps more from the village? Heal 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (14) + 0 = 14 Anything unique that may provide closure to a family member if we find them in or around town?

If he determines that some may be, he'll suggest they bring them out for when they are ready to leave to offer them a proper, if anonymous, burial.


Probably a tomb raider from the clothes, definitely not a child.


HP 103/103; AC 22/11/21: +1 Haste, +4 Smite Evil Used LoH(0/9) Used Smite (0/4) Used Divine Bond (0/2) Effects:

"Is that it? What do we do next?" Trevor has lost interest at some point. He hangs around to help moving the dial, but it looks as though his feet have started to hurt again.


Stats:
AC 21/13/20 (raging 19/11/18), HP 100/100 (raging 120/120), F+10 R+5 W+10 (raging F+12, W+12), Init +3, Per +20

"Let's check out the chamber that comes up when we move it to the yellow lantern. Indigo is a trap. Green was broken, but revealed that area we explored initially. Unless Yellow is another trap, it must take us somewhere."


OK, rotate the sarcophagus to the yellow alcove and the chamber pops up. You search the chamber carefully and discover no traps. Only one person can enter at a time, who will go first


AC 24/T 24/FF 18; F/R/W +13/+14/+13; Max HP 98; Current HP 98; Effects:

Rowena insists that they test it with an object first. Assuming it doesn't come up a crushed smear, she will volunteer to go first.


HP 103/103; AC 22/11/21: +1 Haste, +4 Smite Evil Used LoH(0/9) Used Smite (0/4) Used Divine Bond (0/2) Effects:

"I- I like Rowena's plan!!!"


Human Wizard (diviner foresight) 10 | HP 69 | Init +13 | Perc +10 | AC: 17 T: 13 FF: 15 CMD: 16 | F +6 R +6 W +8 |
Resources:
Foretell 2/10, Prescience 3/10, Hero Points 2/3

Rauno volunteers his waterskin to test it. He gives it to Rowena to place it, steps back and loads his crossbow.


Waterskin #2 survives the journey intact


Stats:
AC 21/13/20 (raging 19/11/18), HP 100/100 (raging 120/120), F+10 R+5 W+10 (raging F+12, W+12), Init +3, Per +20

"Well, it looks like waterskins are safe at least." says Kelkzar with a light chuckle. "I'll go ahead and take the next ride down after you Rowena, unless you and Lessien want to try to scout ahead of the rest of us a little first."


HP 19/29 AC 17. Non-mutagen: AC17/14/13;F:+5 R:+7 W:+0 Mutagen: AC 20/15/15; F:+5 R:+9 W:-1

"I'm willing to scout, but if I find something in my current state, my only reaction is going to be to run."


Stats:
AC 21/13/20 (raging 19/11/18), HP 100/100 (raging 120/120), F+10 R+5 W+10 (raging F+12, W+12), Init +3, Per +20

"Why don't I head down after Rowena then. After that, you, Rauno, Quintus, and have Trevor come last. We'll wait to scout until we are all down. Sound good?"

1,451 to 1,500 of 7,171 << first < prev | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Gm Blood's AoW in Golarion All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.