Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


GM Blood's Age of Worms in Golarion

Game Master David James Olsen

Current Map
Loot


451 to 500 of 6,661 << first < prev | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | next > last >>

HP 19/29 AC 17. Non-mutagen: AC17/14/13;F:+5 R:+7 W:+0 Mutagen: AC 20/15/15; F:+5 R:+9 W:-1

"If we put the oil here," (points at V12 and V13), "Rowena and I can go east and draw them out, hopping over the oil as we come back. That way Rauno can stay where he is to light it, and we can surround them on 3 other sides with torches if they move into the junction."


Lessien Nenmacil wrote:
"If we put the oil here," (points at V12 and V13), "Rowena and I can go east and draw them out, hopping over the oil as we come back. That way Rauno can stay where he is to light it, and we can surround them on 3 other sides with torches if they move into the junction."

I assume you mean S12 and S13 (I have which way is North on the right hand side)

I updated the map showing which way Lessien and Rowena are going and where everyone else may be? I will assume Rauno is ready an action to cast burning hands as soon (or if) a swarm appears in those squares). The others will be readying torches as well?

Let me know if you want different spot or I interpreted the plan wrong. I will update tomorrow mid-morning with the results.


HP 19/29 AC 17. Non-mutagen: AC17/14/13;F:+5 R:+7 W:+0 Mutagen: AC 20/15/15; F:+5 R:+9 W:-1

Ah sorry, yeah, I missed the compass. That's what I meant :)


Stats:
AC 21/12/20 (raging 19/10/18), HP 91/91 (raging 109/109), F+9 R+5 W+9 (raging F+11, W+11), Init +3, Per +19

Kelkzar steps back away from the area of the corridor being doused with oil. "I'll stand back and be ready to move up with a torch if they get through." Move to V13


Human Wizard (diviner foresight) 9 | HP 62 (62) | Init +12 | Perc +9 | AC: 16 T: 12 FF: 14 CMD: 15 | F +6 R +6 W +7 |
Resources:
Foretell 9/9, Prescience 10/10, Hero Points 3/3

Yes, Rauno nervously rubs his finger tips together as he waits for the swarm to be drawn around, keeping the words of the spell on his lips to unleash at, he hopes, just the right moment.


HP 19/29 AC 17. Non-mutagen: AC17/14/13;F:+5 R:+7 W:+0 Mutagen: AC 20/15/15; F:+5 R:+9 W:-1

"If we all stay out of the junction, they won't be able to attack more than one of us at a time there. When we return, I guess one of us should go west, and one north."

If everyone is ready, proceed east, sneaking.

Stealth: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10
Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15


HP 70+18/83+18; AC 22-2/11-2/21: +4 Smite Evil Used LoH(1/8) Used Smite (0/3) Used Divine Bond (1/2) Effects: Haste, Divine Bond (merciful and flaming), Divine Favor +2, Bear"s Endurance

Trevor lifts his axe, then realizes his mistakes, and instead moves his torch lower and closer to the oil.

Not too close...


AC 23/T 23/FF 17; F/R/W +12+2/+13+2/+11+2; Max HP 90; Current HP 90; Effects: haste, mage armour (AC 28/28/21), heroism

Rowena nods and puts the oil where indicated, ready to lure the bugs out.


Rowena and Lessien head down the east hallway.

Quote:
The north and south walls of this large chamber taper in somewhat, and in the nook of the far eastern wall rests a wide stone basin backed by a five-foot-tall shelf. A hardened orange past spills out over the two-foot basin lip and covers much of the shelf. Thousands of tiny beetles with bright blue carapaces skitter and tunnel through the chalky substance. A keening insect chorus fills the room. A huge organic mass completely fills the room's southwest corner. Judging by the beetles spilling from within, it appears to be an enormous nest. In the middle of the swarms resides the cow of the colony, a giant beetle(six feet long).

As you approach the room the beetles to the east form up in a swarm like the one that attacked you before. Out of the nest appears a larger beetle. Both appear to be aware of you.

Round 1

Initiative Order - Rauno, Rowena, Lessien, Kelkzar, Quintus, Trevor, Beetle, Beetle Swarm

Rauno had a 26, Rowena 24, Lessien 23 and Kelkzar 21...nice!

Going with a GM decision on your actions based on your plan. If you want to do something different let me know.

Rauno with his wizard skills is ready for action and is waiting for the beetle swarm to come. Rowena and Lessien were hyper-aware of any danger and lightning quick retreated back into the hallway immediately after seeing the bugs. The large beetle notice Rowena and follows her stopping just past the oil. Rowena you get an Attack of Opporunity if you would like, put it will be past a corner giving some cover The acid beetle swarm move down the hallway, approaching the oil but haven't reached it yet.

Round 2 (Unless anyone who has delayed would like to go)

Initiative - Rauno, Kelkzar, Quintus, Trevor, Rowena, Lessien, Beetle, Beetle Swarm

for GM Blood:

Initiative Rowena Lordail 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24
Initiative Trevor the Yellow 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10
Initiative Rauno Redpath 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (17) + 9 = 26
Initiative Lessien Nenmacil 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23
Initiative Kelkzar Redjaw 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21
Initiative Quintus 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13
Initiative Swarm 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5
Initiative Beetle 1d20 ⇒ 11
1d4 ⇒ 3


AC 22/12/20, HP 80/80 F: +8+1, R: +5+1, W: +10*+1

[ooc]Can Quintus get a shot at the large beetle with his crossbow on Round 2, if he switches during Round 1?[/b]


HP 70+18/83+18; AC 22-2/11-2/21: +4 Smite Evil Used LoH(1/8) Used Smite (0/3) Used Divine Bond (1/2) Effects: Haste, Divine Bond (merciful and flaming), Divine Favor +2, Bear"s Endurance

Trevor waits for the beetles or the giant beetle to move within range of fire or axe. He knows there is a plan and doesn't want to mess it up.


Quintus Yes you can, though it will be after the beetle goes. (You see the beetle so the end of your delay is after the beetle goes but before the swarm.


Human Wizard (diviner foresight) 9 | HP 62 (62) | Init +12 | Perc +9 | AC: 16 T: 12 FF: 14 CMD: 15 | F +6 R +6 W +7 |
Resources:
Foretell 9/9, Prescience 10/10, Hero Points 3/3

Rauno stays ready with the Burning Hands spell, waiting for the swarm to get just a little closer...

Damage when appropriate 1d4 ⇒ 4 for the spell, may be greater vs. swarm. I'm not sure if he can angle it to catch the large beetle as well without hitting PCs when it is time for it to go off. He won't risk hurting his allies if the beetle's position prevents that.


AC 23/T 23/FF 17; F/R/W +12+2/+13+2/+11+2; Max HP 90; Current HP 90; Effects: haste, mage armour (AC 28/28/21), heroism

Attack of opportunity: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19
Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3


Stats:
AC 21/12/20 (raging 19/10/18), HP 91/91 (raging 109/109), F+9 R+5 W+9 (raging F+11, W+11), Init +3, Per +19

Ok if I set the torch down and draw falchion in round 1 upon seeing mama show up?

Round 2
Kelkzar eyes the giant beetle and steps up to bring his falchion whistling down on its carapace.
Attack (Falchion, Destructive Smite) 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19
Damage 2d4 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (2, 4) + 6 + 1 = 13

Status:

AC 17, touch 11, flat-footed 16. . (+6 armor, +1 Dex)
hp 13/13
Weapon Equipped Falchion +4 (2d4+6/18-20/x2)
Special Abilities Destructive Smite (4/5), Judgement (1/1), 1st Level Spells (2/2)
Effects None


As the beetle moves past the oil, Rowena tries to hit the beetle, but just misses as the angle of her attack was off. Kelkzar drops his torch and draws his weapon ready to attack the lone beetle. Quintus follow Kelkzar and switch to his crossbow and starts to load it.

Rowena you missed barely because of the cover. Kelkzar and Quintus is right behind the beetle's turn this time.

Round 2

Readied actions Rauno, Trevor, Initiative Order - Rowena, Lessien, Beetle, Kelkzar, Quintus, Beetle Swarm

Rowena and Lessien are up!


HP 19/29 AC 17. Non-mutagen: AC17/14/13;F:+5 R:+7 W:+0 Mutagen: AC 20/15/15; F:+5 R:+9 W:-1

Lessien swings her hanbo vertically, trying to smash the giant bug.

Att: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14, damage 1d6 ⇒ 3


Creeped out by the ugly beetle and keeping an eye out for the approaching swarm, Lessien's swing is wide.

Round 2

Readied actions Rauno, Trevor, Initiative Order - Rowena, Lessien, Beetle, Kelkzar, Quintus, Beetle Swarm

Rowena is up, after the beetle. After it I'll resolve Kelkzar's posted action and it will be Quintus before the fireworks.


AC 23/T 23/FF 17; F/R/W +12+2/+13+2/+11+2; Max HP 90; Current HP 90; Effects: haste, mage armour (AC 28/28/21), heroism

Rowena kicks at the beetle again. 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20
Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7


Rowena kick is successful this time cracking the beetle's carapace slightly. Rowena seems to anger it as it snaps back but its feet are still covered with the oil it moved through and it slips slightly.

Bite 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9
Damage 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

Kelkzar moves up and swings his falchion right where Rowena cracked its carapace slicing it in two. The beetle give a final twitch before it stops moving for good.

Will have Quintus delay

As the swarm continues forward Rauno's spell blasts the swarm and ignites the oil

2d3 ⇒ (3, 3) = 6 (Plus the 6 damage from the burning hands)

The swarm of beetles are instantly burned. Any remaining living beetles harmlessly disperse as the oil in the hallway burns for a moment more.

Combat ended.

Good job! Great tactics


HP 19/29 AC 17. Non-mutagen: AC17/14/13;F:+5 R:+7 W:+0 Mutagen: AC 20/15/15; F:+5 R:+9 W:-1

OK, was that actually the only swarm, or was there an entire 2nd group in the east room?


Just the swarm and the beetle. You are confident you cleared out the room


AC 22/12/20, HP 80/80 F: +8+1, R: +5+1, W: +10*+1

Was the large beetle that came out after us the same as the colony cow in the original description?


Correct


AC 22/12/20, HP 80/80 F: +8+1, R: +5+1, W: +10*+1

"Let's see if there's anything in the nest." Quintus switches to his scimitar and shield, and cautiously advances into the room.


HP 70+18/83+18; AC 22-2/11-2/21: +4 Smite Evil Used LoH(1/8) Used Smite (0/3) Used Divine Bond (1/2) Effects: Haste, Divine Bond (merciful and flaming), Divine Favor +2, Bear"s Endurance

Trevor exhales loudly. By the Godess, that was easy. They really seem to know what they are doing!

He covers Quintus as he steps forward.


HP 19/29 AC 17. Non-mutagen: AC17/14/13;F:+5 R:+7 W:+0 Mutagen: AC 20/15/15; F:+5 R:+9 W:-1

Lessien follows, and investigates the room.

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6


The others come in as well and aid in the search. Trevor notice three oblong lumps covered int he orange sludge in the southeast corner. A closer examination reveals they are skeletal remains of three long dead human figures in solid red leather armor. An eight pointed star is emblazoned on each of their armor.

Knowledge Geography, nobility, or history for anyone who has it

One of the dead bodies has a moldy pouch under his leather that contains three flasks of an unknown liquid. Another of the bodies is clutching a pearl in one of its hands.

Kelkzar finds a hand in the nest the larger beetle came from. On it is a ring with a leaf pattern emblazoned aound the edge of it.

For GM Blood:

Perception Rowena Lordail 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12
Perception Trevor the Yellow 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (17) + 0 = 17
Perception Rauno Redpath 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (12) + 0 = 12
Perception Kelkzar Redjaw 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22
Perception Quintus 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11


HP 19/29 AC 17. Non-mutagen: AC17/14/13;F:+5 R:+7 W:+0 Mutagen: AC 20/15/15; F:+5 R:+9 W:-1

Lessien examines the three flasks, attempting to discover their nature.

Alchemist can use craft(alchemy) as if using detect magic on potions.
Flask 1: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16
Flask 2: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10
Flask 3: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17

If knowledge(nature) does anything for the ring: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25


Lessien easily identifies the three flasks as cure light wounds potions

Knowledge (Nature) does not help in this case


Human Wizard (diviner foresight) 9 | HP 62 (62) | Init +12 | Perc +9 | AC: 16 T: 12 FF: 14 CMD: 15 | F +6 R +6 W +7 |
Resources:
Foretell 9/9, Prescience 10/10, Hero Points 3/3

Knowledge Geography 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14
Knowledge History 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13

I guess unless it is pretty obvious, those rolls probably won't do it.


Rauno Redpath wrote:

Knowledge Geography 1d20+9

Knowledge History 1d20+9

I guess unless it is pretty obvious, those rolls probably won't do it.

Rauno, you identify that the emblem on the leather armor is a Pathfinder insignia out of use for over 50 years

Spellcraft check for the ring?


AC 22/12/20, HP 80/80 F: +8+1, R: +5+1, W: +10*+1

Quintus murmurs a prayer for the dead. Though a tomb is the right place for them. "Rauno, are the ring or their armor magical?"


Human Wizard (diviner foresight) 9 | HP 62 (62) | Init +12 | Perc +9 | AC: 16 T: 12 FF: 14 CMD: 15 | F +6 R +6 W +7 |
Resources:
Foretell 9/9, Prescience 10/10, Hero Points 3/3

Spellcraft on ring 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (11) + 9 = 20.

And Rauno will use Detect Magic to examine the remains, their other belongings and the nest area in general.


Rauno recognizes the leaf pattern on the ring as a ring of feather fall. Nothing else is magical


Human Wizard (diviner foresight) 9 | HP 62 (62) | Init +12 | Perc +9 | AC: 16 T: 12 FF: 14 CMD: 15 | F +6 R +6 W +7 |
Resources:
Foretell 9/9, Prescience 10/10, Hero Points 3/3

Rauno says to the others I am confident that this ring is enchanted, empowered with the ability to make the wearer fall safely and unharmed from any height. A powerful token, indeed!

When we are ready to leave this place, we can decide who will take it into their position permanently. For now, why don't we have one wear it who leads the way in this place as a guard against any sort of pit trap?


HP 19/29 AC 17. Non-mutagen: AC17/14/13;F:+5 R:+7 W:+0 Mutagen: AC 20/15/15; F:+5 R:+9 W:-1

"These flasks are potions of cure light wounds. Who currently has no way to heal themselves in an emergency?"


AC 22/12/20, HP 80/80 F: +8+1, R: +5+1, W: +10*+1

"One each to Kelkzar, Trevor, and Rowena, I think. In case I can't get to you in time. Rauno, I like your idea for who wears the ring."


HP 70+18/83+18; AC 22-2/11-2/21: +4 Smite Evil Used LoH(1/8) Used Smite (0/3) Used Divine Bond (1/2) Effects: Haste, Divine Bond (merciful and flaming), Divine Favor +2, Bear"s Endurance

"Thanks! So those guys were Pathfinders? Were they after something in particular or just practicing the local sport of grave robbin?"

Trevor belches from the caustic smell and starts to head back out of the room.


HP 19/29 AC 17. Non-mutagen: AC17/14/13;F:+5 R:+7 W:+0 Mutagen: AC 20/15/15; F:+5 R:+9 W:-1

"While the organization claims higher ideals, many pathfinders really are nothing more than graverobbers."


HP 19/29 AC 17. Non-mutagen: AC17/14/13;F:+5 R:+7 W:+0 Mutagen: AC 20/15/15; F:+5 R:+9 W:-1

"Does anyone know where the closest pathfinder lodge is? I have heard that they sometimes pay well for information about lost teams. While I don't want this place crawling with pathfinders until we find out why we've been sent here, at some point we might want to tell them what happened to their team."


AC 23/T 23/FF 17; F/R/W +12+2/+13+2/+11+2; Max HP 90; Current HP 90; Effects: haste, mage armour (AC 28/28/21), heroism

"Probably Magnimar," Rowena says. "Perhaps I should wear the ring for the time being, as I seem to be the person in the lead lately?"

She tucks the potion away.


Heidmarch Manor is the pathfinder lodge in Magnimar, though at the time of these Pathfinders there wouldn't have been any Pathfinder presence there.

So there is the passage to the west or the stairs to the north. Which way will it be?


Stats:
AC 21/12/20 (raging 19/10/18), HP 91/91 (raging 109/109), F+9 R+5 W+9 (raging F+11, W+11), Init +3, Per +19

"Yes Rowena. I was thinking you or Lessien were best for the ring. Thank you for the potion." He tucks it away. "As for the Pathfinders, the man I spoke with at breakfast yesterday, Fester Trollump mentioned that a group of Pathfinders was at Lazare's. He said they were exploring the old cairns and knew of at least one with a hidden chamber. I agree with Lessien. We should say nothing now, but we can return the body when we find what Ragathiel is directing us to here."

He looks to the west and the stairs, "I'd suggest we look west before taking the stairs, agreed?"


AC 22/12/20, HP 80/80 F: +8+1, R: +5+1, W: +10*+1

"Agreed."


HP 19/29 AC 17. Non-mutagen: AC17/14/13;F:+5 R:+7 W:+0 Mutagen: AC 20/15/15; F:+5 R:+9 W:-1

"Works for me."


Human Wizard (diviner foresight) 9 | HP 62 (62) | Init +12 | Perc +9 | AC: 16 T: 12 FF: 14 CMD: 15 | F +6 R +6 W +7 |
Resources:
Foretell 9/9, Prescience 10/10, Hero Points 3/3

Rauno smiles as the others take the potions and rings, recognizing that his best chance of his surviving this is everyone surviving.

West it is. He brings his crossbow back up to the ready, and pauses for the others to take the lead.


Current Map

Quote:
Eight man-sized stone slabs, about four feet off the ground, are arranged in two rows in this large room. A long-dead corpse, possibly a human, lays sprawled out upon one of these slabs, his red leather armor the only hint of color in the otherwise drab room. The north and south walls taper in somewhat, and the short west wall abuts a small stone stage. The red clay statue of a powerfully built warrior wielding a cylinder-headed great-club stands tall upon the stage, its eyes surveying the room. A giant beetle stumbles about between two of the room's large slabs.

Rowena, Trevor, Lessien, Quintus:
If you didn't know better, the beetle almost appears intoxicated and is clearly having issues.

Round 1

Initiative Order - Rowena, Lessien, Beetle, Kelkzar, Rauno, Trevor, Quintus

Note that the slabs while not on the map are there in various places in the room and while they don't prevent movement, will prevent a charge

For GM Blood:

Perception Rowena Lordail 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23
Perception Trevor the Yellow 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (15) + 0 = 15
Perception Rauno Redpath 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (10) + 0 = 10
Perception Lessien Nenmacil 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20
Perception Kelkzar Redjaw 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8
Perception Quintus 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19

Initiative Rowena Lordail 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18
Initiative Trevor the Yellow 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11
Initiative Rauno Redpath 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11
Initiative Lessien Nenmacil 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17
Initiative Kelkzar Redjaw 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12
Initiative Quintus 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10
Initiative Beetle 1d20 ⇒ 15


AC 23/T 23/FF 17; F/R/W +12+2/+13+2/+11+2; Max HP 90; Current HP 90; Effects: haste, mage armour (AC 28/28/21), heroism

Rowena will stay put for the moment, keeping an eye on the rear for any more beetles, especially any coming up those stairs.

Ready an attack for something coming in range:
Attack: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

What ever comes at her better watch out! She seems to be suffering from the same condition as the wobbly beetle.


Round 1

Readied Action - Rowena Initiative Order - Lessien, Beetle, Kelkzar, Rauno, Trevor, Quintus

451 to 500 of 6,661 << first < prev | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Gm Blood's AoW in Golarion All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.