Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Starfinder


Pathfinder Society


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Paizo.com Gift Certificates
On Sale and Clearance!

GM Black Powder Chocobo's PbP Treacherous Waves

Game Master Black Powder Chocobo

Waves maps
Waves handouts


851 to 900 of 1,113 << first < prev | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | next > last >>
Silver Crusade

Male Druid 4| HP 27 | AC 16; Touch 11; FF 15| F +6; R +3; W +9 | CMB+4; CMD 15 | Speed 30 ft | Init +1 | Perc +10 | Stealth: +1 Druid 4

perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (11) + 10 = 21

"Yes please share your thoughts

Silver Crusade

Human Instrument 4 | HP 34/34 | AC 16 FF 14 Tch 12 | CMD 14 | F+3 R+3 W+6 | Perc +7 | Init +8
Per Diem:
Spells 2nd 3/3 1st 5/5 | Levitate 1/1

"Hmmm?"

The Instrument straightens from investigating the marks. He seems puzzled that someone else might have wisdom to share.

Heal: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25 Any notion of what made the markings?


Tides maps Tides handouts

Alright, so back from Con stuffing! Let's do this /sunglasses on

"You have made inroads with Honoke, not an easy thing to do as he tends to care for his creatures more than people. I would consider it a favor if you would see if he would lend his animal expertise to helping the reef recover.", Lileone answers.

Silver Crusade

Human Instrument 4 | HP 34/34 | AC 16 FF 14 Tch 12 | CMD 14 | F+3 R+3 W+6 | Perc +7 | Init +8
Per Diem:
Spells 2nd 3/3 1st 5/5 | Levitate 1/1

Instrument opens his mouth, granting Ordvåben a sliver of a moment to interject instead...

Sovereign Court

Ulfen Skald 3 (HP: 30/30), Init: +3, AC: 18 T: 11, FF: 17, Perception +5, F: +5, R: +2, W: +3 (+4 v. bardic, LD, or sonic effects), CMB: +3, CMD: 17
Per Diem:
  • Raging Song 12/16: +2 STR/CON, +1 Will, -1 AC
  • DM Reroll @ +5
  • Timelost Chronicler 1/1
  • The skald almost misses the opening, but stutters a quick interjection, "This seems like it is a simple good for all involved. Pathfinders leave a bad taste in the mouths of many, but we are not all that way. Most of us even."

    To the giant, "Master Honoke, there is much in the world we need to fix, but we are not nearly the experts you are. Might you help the reef to recover? Ease the pain of the life there." Ordvåben focuses his eyes directly with the giant. (T10 = 20)

    Silver Crusade

    Male Druid 4| HP 27 | AC 16; Touch 11; FF 15| F +6; R +3; W +9 | CMB+4; CMD 15 | Speed 30 ft | Init +1 | Perc +10 | Stealth: +1 Druid 4

    'Master giant would you help with your sharks again soon? The reef needs much work. Surely you'd like to see it well"

    aid: 1d20 ⇒ 15


    Tides maps Tides handouts

    @Instrument: Sorry for missing your OOC; the markings were cut into the fins. Not natural.

    Honoke looks quietly to the ground...but then nods, replying slowly. "I suppose it is the least I could do to make sure nothing else hurts like my poor sharks have and pay your kindness forward. I will do what I can with the reefs once I feel I can leave my sharks alone."

    Success!

    Who next? Just continue down the list?

    Sovereign Court

    Ulfen Skald 3 (HP: 30/30), Init: +3, AC: 18 T: 11, FF: 17, Perception +5, F: +5, R: +2, W: +3 (+4 v. bardic, LD, or sonic effects), CMB: +3, CMD: 17
    Per Diem:
  • Raging Song 12/16: +2 STR/CON, +1 Will, -1 AC
  • DM Reroll @ +5
  • Timelost Chronicler 1/1
  • Unless there's reason to do otherwise (such as another name being closer to our current location), yes.

    "Good luck and may fortune favor your actions."

    Silver Crusade

    Human Instrument 4 | HP 34/34 | AC 16 FF 14 Tch 12 | CMD 14 | F+3 R+3 W+6 | Perc +7 | Init +8
    Per Diem:
    Spells 2nd 3/3 1st 5/5 | Levitate 1/1

    "And Aroden's blessings!" Instrument adds quickly. He turns to leave.

    Agreed with the skald. @GM: no worries.

    Silver Crusade

    Male Druid 4| HP 27 | AC 16; Touch 11; FF 15| F +6; R +3; W +9 | CMB+4; CMD 15 | Speed 30 ft | Init +1 | Perc +10 | Stealth: +1 Druid 4

    Next one sounds good

    Dark Archive

    Male Human Fighter (Two-Weapon) [5.1] | HP 42/49 | AC 25 (26 vs melee on full attack) T 14 FF 22 | CMB +10 CMD 24 | F +7 R +5 W +4 (+5 vs fear)| Init +5 | Perc +0 | SM +0 | Climb +10 | Survival +7 | Swim +8

    Yep, just go down the list!


    Tides maps Tides handouts

    It takes another hour to reach Tsomo's offices, although before you can enter, you see a quartet of marajau conversing at the entrance. The certaurish humanoid/crab creatures are speaking to each other in Aquan, but one switches to Common to address the party. "Greetings, I am Chailai. Are you looking for current-chasers?"

    DC 14 Perception:

    You happen to spy that one of the marajuas happens to have a bamboo cage with a small shark inside. The shark happens to have a few notches cut into its fin.

    Sovereign Court

    Ulfen Skald 3 (HP: 30/30), Init: +3, AC: 18 T: 11, FF: 17, Perception +5, F: +5, R: +2, W: +3 (+4 v. bardic, LD, or sonic effects), CMB: +3, CMD: 17
    Per Diem:
  • Raging Song 12/16: +2 STR/CON, +1 Will, -1 AC
  • DM Reroll @ +5
  • Timelost Chronicler 1/1
  • Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7

    Ordvåben walks in and greets the four. "Greetings."

    Grand Lodge

    Male human Sha4 | hp 18/33 | Init +1 | AC 16, T 11, FF 15 | CMB +2, CMD 13 | F +3 R +3 W +8 | Prcptn +11 |

    Take 10 on Perception for 21.

    Blodgett nudges Ordvåben and points out the cage with the shark, evidently oblivious that he's speaking aloud. Goodness gracious me! Did you see that?

    Silver Crusade

    Male Druid 4| HP 27 | AC 16; Touch 11; FF 15| F +6; R +3; W +9 | CMB+4; CMD 15 | Speed 30 ft | Init +1 | Perc +10 | Stealth: +1 Druid 4

    "Hello"

    Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (7) + 10 = 17

    Silver Crusade

    Human Instrument 4 | HP 34/34 | AC 16 FF 14 Tch 12 | CMD 14 | F+3 R+3 W+6 | Perc +7 | Init +8
    Per Diem:
    Spells 2nd 3/3 1st 5/5 | Levitate 1/1

    Perception Take 10: 10 + 7 = 17

    "This Instrument seeks a specific current-chaser, by the name of Tsomo," the Instrument intones. He waits expectantly for a response.


    Tides maps Tides handouts

    Okay, so was going to wish everyone a happy 4th... and then realized that my message saying I was going to be gone over the weekend for anniversary stuff wasn't posted, so my apologies! Update tomorrow!

    -Posted with Wayfinder


    Tides maps Tides handouts

    While Blodgett tries to get Ord's attention, Instrument is given a response by one of the murajuas. "Ahh, this is his offices, but only his assistant is inside today. We are contractors under his employ; I am Chailai, and these are my brothers, Mulai, Morai, and Makai.", as the woman waves her hands to the other three murajua standing there. "Just to ask, what is your business with Mr. Tsomo? We have been given the ok to work on our own for the next week, so if there is current mapping you need, the best is right here!"

    Silver Crusade

    Human Instrument 4 | HP 34/34 | AC 16 FF 14 Tch 12 | CMD 14 | F+3 R+3 W+6 | Perc +7 | Init +8
    Per Diem:
    Spells 2nd 3/3 1st 5/5 | Levitate 1/1

    "Very well," the Instrument jabbers. "I have come to inquire about a shell settlement on the route to the Lambent Bloom. Do you know it?"

    Sovereign Court

    Ulfen Skald 3 (HP: 30/30), Init: +3, AC: 18 T: 11, FF: 17, Perception +5, F: +5, R: +2, W: +3 (+4 v. bardic, LD, or sonic effects), CMB: +3, CMD: 17
    Per Diem:
  • Raging Song 12/16: +2 STR/CON, +1 Will, -1 AC
  • DM Reroll @ +5
  • Timelost Chronicler 1/1
  • [b]"Indeed, we are looking for such a thing, and hope we can talk to Master Tsomo. I apologize for the inconvenience." Diplomacy: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (9) + 10 = 19

    Silver Crusade

    Male Druid 4| HP 27 | AC 16; Touch 11; FF 15| F +6; R +3; W +9 | CMB+4; CMD 15 | Speed 30 ft | Init +1 | Perc +10 | Stealth: +1 Druid 4

    "Any help you can provide would be appreciated


    Tides maps Tides handouts

    "It is a terrible thing that had happened. ", Chailai laments. "The currents that they reported when the algae overwhelmed them was not what we mapped. The algae should have been a couple of miles away from the caravan route and not posed any harm to them. But along with our reputation, the poor reef is suffering."

    -Posted with Wayfinder


    Tides maps Tides handouts

    @Instrument: "We do know the bloom, but if you are looking for shell coves, there are better locations for those."

    -Posted with Wayfinder

    Silver Crusade

    Human Instrument 4 | HP 34/34 | AC 16 FF 14 Tch 12 | CMD 14 | F+3 R+3 W+6 | Perc +7 | Init +8
    Per Diem:
    Spells 2nd 3/3 1st 5/5 | Levitate 1/1

    "Oh? This Instrument was told of these shell coves specifically. Is there something wrong with them?"

    Sense Motive: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5 lol nope

    A moment later, the Instrument makes a show of noticing the caged shark and the notches cut into its fin. "Was this shark traveling with the caravan as well?"

    Dark Archive

    Male Human Fighter (Two-Weapon) [5.1] | HP 42/49 | AC 25 (26 vs melee on full attack) T 14 FF 22 | CMB +10 CMD 24 | F +7 R +5 W +4 (+5 vs fear)| Init +5 | Perc +0 | SM +0 | Climb +10 | Survival +7 | Swim +8

    And if there are truly better locales, where would they be?


    Tides maps Tides handouts

    @Instrument: "Depends if you were looking into shell coves for residential or commercial purposes; what are you looking into?", one of the brothers, Makai, answers. At your second question, the larger brother, Mulai answers. "Ah, this is one of Mr. Tsomo's sharks; all of his have those kinda marks on him to show that they are his, see?", as he uses a blue hand to point out the notch marks on the shark's fin. "In fact, we are here to drop off the shark to Mr. Tsomo, but he currently isn't in."

    Think that answers your question, too Darvik, unless you had another reason for investigating shell coves?

    Silver Crusade

    Human Instrument 4 | HP 34/34 | AC 16 FF 14 Tch 12 | CMD 14 | F+3 R+3 W+6 | Perc +7 | Init +8
    Per Diem:
    Spells 2nd 3/3 1st 5/5 | Levitate 1/1

    "Do you know where he is?" the Instrument asks, forgetting his earlier line of inquiry. "Or when he might be back?"


    Tides maps Tides handouts

    "Not sure, haven't seen him in a few days, not since the algae incident... what a shame.", Chailai shaking her head remorsefully.

    -Posted with Wayfinder

    Sovereign Court

    Ulfen Skald 3 (HP: 30/30), Init: +3, AC: 18 T: 11, FF: 17, Perception +5, F: +5, R: +2, W: +3 (+4 v. bardic, LD, or sonic effects), CMB: +3, CMD: 17
    Per Diem:
  • Raging Song 12/16: +2 STR/CON, +1 Will, -1 AC
  • DM Reroll @ +5
  • Timelost Chronicler 1/1
  • The skald watches the entire exchange. Something in the back of his mind makes him think this whole things stinks like Surströmming...

    Seeing if I get a hunch about these brothers. Sense Motive: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (18) + 10 = 28

    Silver Crusade

    Male Druid 4| HP 27 | AC 16; Touch 11; FF 15| F +6; R +3; W +9 | CMB+4; CMD 15 | Speed 30 ft | Init +1 | Perc +10 | Stealth: +1 Druid 4

    "Do you know when he'll come back?" Siival asks.


    Tides maps Tides handouts

    @Ordvaben: You believe that the marajuas are being sincere and honest with you.

    @Siival: "No idea, was hoping to use the shark return to perhaps check in, get more work and all that. But the assistant says he's not even sure."

    Silver Crusade

    Human Instrument 4 | HP 34/34 | AC 16 FF 14 Tch 12 | CMD 14 | F+3 R+3 W+6 | Perc +7 | Init +8
    Per Diem:
    Spells 2nd 3/3 1st 5/5 | Levitate 1/1

    "Assistant? What assistant?" the Instrument inquires.

    If the Assistant is Present:
    "You there! Inform this Instrument the whereabouts and agenda of your master, such as he is."

    The Instrument continues with the current chasers. "This Instrument has heard of the algae incident. Would you be so kind as to further this Instrument's understanding of what occurred? This Instrument is most curious."

    Silver Crusade

    Male Druid 4| HP 27 | AC 16; Touch 11; FF 15| F +6; R +3; W +9 | CMB+4; CMD 15 | Speed 30 ft | Init +1 | Perc +10 | Stealth: +1 Druid 4

    Siival listens to Instrument and scratches his head. Humans have odd behavior sometimes


    Tides maps Tides handouts

    At the question about the algae, they look down with disgust. "Shame, the poor reefs are getting devoured by the toxic algae. All that life dying painfully; it's a tragedy!"

    To the assistant's location, the marajuas point to inside the office, where a blue-skinned elf can be seen through a window rummaging through some papers. Assuming Instruments enters the office to address the man

    The assistant jumps at Instrument's outburst, almost dropping the number of maps in his hands. "I'm sorry, but Mr. Qorra is busy and not accepting new clients at this time."

    Sovereign Court

    Ulfen Skald 3 (HP: 30/30), Init: +3, AC: 18 T: 11, FF: 17, Perception +5, F: +5, R: +2, W: +3 (+4 v. bardic, LD, or sonic effects), CMB: +3, CMD: 17
    Per Diem:
  • Raging Song 12/16: +2 STR/CON, +1 Will, -1 AC
  • DM Reroll @ +5
  • Timelost Chronicler 1/1
  • "We're not here to be clients. We're hear looking for help getting to the bottom of the erstwhile expedition. Might we speak with him?"

    Diplomacy: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (4) + 10 = 14

    and a preemptive Sense Motive: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (5) + 10 = 15

    well that stunk.

    Dark Archive

    Male Human Fighter (Two-Weapon) [5.1] | HP 42/49 | AC 25 (26 vs melee on full attack) T 14 FF 22 | CMB +10 CMD 24 | F +7 R +5 W +4 (+5 vs fear)| Init +5 | Perc +0 | SM +0 | Climb +10 | Survival +7 | Swim +8

    I'm sure it won't take too long, so if you wouldn't mind... Darvik tries to convince the man to let his new friends speak.

    Diplo Aid: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (8) - 2 = 6 Yeah, Darvik isn't much help here.

    Grand Lodge

    Male human Sha4 | hp 18/33 | Init +1 | AC 16, T 11, FF 15 | CMB +2, CMD 13 | F +3 R +3 W +8 | Prcptn +11 |

    Oh, but Blodgett can be!

    Oh my yes! We wouldn't take up much of his precious time, and then we'll be on our way, allowing you to get back to...well, whatever it is that you do!
    Diplomacy auto aid another with +10.

    Silver Crusade

    Human Instrument 4 | HP 34/34 | AC 16 FF 14 Tch 12 | CMD 14 | F+3 R+3 W+6 | Perc +7 | Init +8
    Per Diem:
    Spells 2nd 3/3 1st 5/5 | Levitate 1/1

    "Quorra? Is Mr. Tsomo not your master?"


    Tides maps Tides handouts

    "Tsumo Quorra is my boss's name.", the assistant correcting Instrument. "Unfortunately, he hasn't come in a few days; I believe he is sulking as he last told me that he fears lady Zahra will use him as a scapegoat for her calamity. Guess I'll be out of a job if he continues to hide from her wrath."

    Silver Crusade

    Male Druid 4| HP 27 | AC 16; Touch 11; FF 15| F +6; R +3; W +9 | CMB+4; CMD 15 | Speed 30 ft | Init +1 | Perc +10 | Stealth: +1 Druid 4

    "Can we look in his desk for any information that might help us?"


    Tides maps Tides handouts

    "Unfortunately, he has the key to his own maps, and honestly, I need to close up for a bit to take care of some errands... including preparing for unemployment.", the assistant looking to shoo the party out of the office and exit himself.

    Anything else you wish to ask the assistant? Otherwise, assuming it will end there and need a new location!

    Silver Crusade

    Human Instrument 4 | HP 34/34 | AC 16 FF 14 Tch 12 | CMD 14 | F+3 R+3 W+6 | Perc +7 | Init +8
    Per Diem:
    Spells 2nd 3/3 1st 5/5 | Levitate 1/1

    "Very well," the Instrument says, and turns on the spot for the door.

    Well that was nigh useless. Next on the list is Razethka the Scarred, I suppose.

    Sovereign Court

    Ulfen Skald 3 (HP: 30/30), Init: +3, AC: 18 T: 11, FF: 17, Perception +5, F: +5, R: +2, W: +3 (+4 v. bardic, LD, or sonic effects), CMB: +3, CMD: 17
    Per Diem:
  • Raging Song 12/16: +2 STR/CON, +1 Will, -1 AC
  • DM Reroll @ +5
  • Timelost Chronicler 1/1
  • Makes me wish I had my psychic. Yes, let's get a move on then!


    Tides maps Tides handouts

    Lileone silently nods as the party agrees to move out and continue the investigation elsewhere.

    DC 25 Sense Motive:

    Once again, she has is hiding a concerned look on her face, but is trying to be more subtle. Something is on her mind, for sure.

    Razethka the Scarred is a brine dragon of much report within the city. Her abode is a massive marble pool surrounded by stained glass windows that shed dazzling green light throughout the water. As the party approaches, a deep yet feminine voice bellows out from inside. "Wait in the atrium! I must... prepare the audience chamber which is more suitable for a number your size." Lileone looks at the party, curious as to what you will do.

    Agree to wait or do something else?

    Sovereign Court

    Ulfen Skald 3 (HP: 30/30), Init: +3, AC: 18 T: 11, FF: 17, Perception +5, F: +5, R: +2, W: +3 (+4 v. bardic, LD, or sonic effects), CMB: +3, CMD: 17
    Per Diem:
  • Raging Song 12/16: +2 STR/CON, +1 Will, -1 AC
  • DM Reroll @ +5
  • Timelost Chronicler 1/1
  • Sense Motive: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (11) + 10 = 21

    "Let's wait, and sum up the search this far while waiting."

    Grand Lodge

    Male human Sha4 | hp 18/33 | Init +1 | AC 16, T 11, FF 15 | CMB +2, CMD 13 | F +3 R +3 W +8 | Prcptn +11 |

    It would only be polite to wait, Blodgett agrees. Let's see now. Let me explai— no there is too much. Let me sum up. Honoke has agreed to help heal the reef, and Quorra is out doing...whatever it is that Quorra does when he is out.

    Silver Crusade

    Male Druid 4| HP 27 | AC 16; Touch 11; FF 15| F +6; R +3; W +9 | CMB+4; CMD 15 | Speed 30 ft | Init +1 | Perc +10 | Stealth: +1 Druid 4

    "Yes let's wait lest me anger the dragon"

    Silver Crusade

    Human Instrument 4 | HP 34/34 | AC 16 FF 14 Tch 12 | CMD 14 | F+3 R+3 W+6 | Perc +7 | Init +8
    Per Diem:
    Spells 2nd 3/3 1st 5/5 | Levitate 1/1

    "The audience chamber is much more appropriate in which to receive the Instrument of Aroden's Will," the eponymous Taldan agrees. He listens intently to the sounds of preparation, with half an ear dedicated to Blodgett's prattle.

    Sense Motive: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16

    Dark Archive

    Male Human Fighter (Two-Weapon) [5.1] | HP 42/49 | AC 25 (26 vs melee on full attack) T 14 FF 22 | CMB +10 CMD 24 | F +7 R +5 W +4 (+5 vs fear)| Init +5 | Perc +0 | SM +0 | Climb +10 | Survival +7 | Swim +8

    Sure, wait. Why not? Darvik doesn't seem too thrilled about it but figures there really isn't any choice.


    Tides maps Tides handouts

    The party waits patiently until eventually the host bellows, "You may enter."

    As the party makes their way in, they see a large brine dragon, with patches of brilliant sea anemones patched on top of several notable scars throughout her body.

    "I apologize for the delay. What brings you to my abode, travelers?"

    851 to 900 of 1,113 << first < prev | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | next > last >>
    Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Black Powder Chocobo's PbP Gameday V Gameplay All Messageboards

    Want to post a reply? Sign in.

    ©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
    Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

    Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.