Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Starfinder


Pathfinder Society


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Paizo.com Gift Certificates
On Sale and Clearance!

GM Bigrin's Giantslayer

Game Master bigrin42

Loot sheet


1 to 50 of 4,094 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

The air in Trunau has three distinct smells: smoke, desperation, and freedom. Some days one may be stronger than another, but they warred constantly. Today, the smell of freedom ran strong, throwing desperation aside.

Other than a few minor skirmishes, the people of Trunau had had little problems with the orcs of late. Last year’s harvest had been good, and this year looked to be the same. The sense of staid determination was still on the locals’ faces, but there was a restfulness that many of the long-time residents of Trunau rarely felt.

The sun was out, and that was good, for a rainy day would be an ill omen. An air of celebration was about, as there was to be a hopeknife ceremony for the town’s leader’s daughter today. It was young Ruby’s twelfth birthday, and the townsfolk had been preparing all morning for the ceremony and festivities to follow. Life was so precious to these hardened survivors, that youth was celebrated with gusto.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Yelena spit the sweat from her mouth. No matter how tightly she bound the kerchief around her head, stray hairs always let perspiration drip down her face. She held her longhammer in steady hands, used to the weight of the heavy iron head. Two rows of militiamen behind her held their weapons high as well, some with steady arms and some beginning to twitch and waver. Today was stances, and they needed to condition their muscles. "This stance is The Hawk Surveys the Plain, boys and girls. This guard is a very high guard, commonly used with hand-and-a-half or two-handed swords. The sword is held over the head with both hands in a standard grip, point high. This stance leaves the body completely open, and is meant to be used in open space." She brought her hammer down quickly, moving her feet in a quick staccato as she spun and delivered a second blow to the empty air. "This stance allows for powerful downward strikes, allowing momentum to assist the blow."

She assumed the stance again. "Five more minutes! Remember, if anyone lowers their weapon, we all start over!" A chorus of grunts of soft whines was the only response. Everyone knew Yelena never gave empty threats. "Someday, when a snotskin raider makes it over the palisade on the corpses of the fallen, and threatens you with his moronically vile warcry, you will thank me."

She smiled. Note to self -- buy them a round tonight. A good leader must be loved as well as respected.


Male CG Human Warpriest 6 | HP: 50/51| AC: 25 (11 Tch, 24 Fl) | CMB: +7, CMD: 17 (+2 bull rush) | F: +7, R: +2, W: +8 | Init: +2 | Perc: +3, SM: +7 | Speed 20ft | Spells: 2/5 1/4 | Sacred 6/6 | Blessings: 3/6 | CLW Wand: 9/50 Fervor 2/6 | Active conditions: REALLY REALLY SAD

"HAH! Desna? The goddess of dreams and pretty poodles?!" Storn roars with laughter, his gravelly, booming voice attracting the attention - and ire - of the townsfolk in the Ramblehouse, after having been less-than-politely asked to stop bothering people in the Killin' Ground. "Asking Desna to bless this day is like asking for a fart from an elf to perfume your house. It... I don't know where I was going with that, but it's a waste of your bloody time!"

Storn stares around at the table he wasn't asked to sit at, and a few halflings who were excitedly getting a drink in before the festivities stare back with some annoyance. The enormous Kellid grins a broken-toothed grin before he plucks a spider from his beard and pops it in his mouth. Standing a good half foot wider at the shoulders and taller than most men, Storn cuts an imposing figure, perpetually in a battered suit of scale mail with an enormous sword strapped to his back and a bear's fur over his shoulders. His beard is an enormous tangle, outfitted with a variety of simple wooden and bone trinkets.

Storn takes a long draught from his mug before continuing.

"What worshipper of Desna has delighted in the smell of the entrails from a freshly slain enemy! What worshipper of Desna has beaten a goblin to death with her own husband?! The Lord in Iron promises you that and more, my friends. With iron comes strength, and with strength comes victory over the orcs! Halfling berserkirs, savagely ripping out the knees of their foes with tooth and claw, nobody would see it coming! Wait, what? Where are you going?! COWARDS!"

Storn growls as he receives several silent, unfriendly stares before the halflings at his table stand, take their drinks, and locate across the common room. Sighing, Storn waves them off disgustedly.

"Bah, this ale has more grit than that lot. Another!"

Silver Crusade

HP 39/39; AC 18/14/14; F+6,R+6,W+9;Init +4; Perc +14;Kn Eng+5; Rel+9, Spllcrft +9;Surv +10

That's a good opening post, Yelena. Truly the gods of skills are mad with ye.

Quill leans back and stretches in his stool. After about the 3rd hour after second repast, his eyes began to tire. The strain of splitting feather, then tying it to shaft wore upon him...even though he was young.

Soon he would see to the hopeknife ceremony...one that he recalled from years ago.

Breathing deep, he summoned the courage to attack the remaining shafts in the quiver with focus anew. With these done, he might be free to watch Ruby's ascension into adulthood with a guilt-free eye. Ol' Joseph was a fair master and Quill was an appreciative apprentice. He would do what is asked of him.

By the fifth bell past noon-rise, Quill felt comfortable leaving the shop. His bow, of course, was with him. His quiver was full of self-made arrows, and his dagger dangled from his neck.

Quill stretches again, gathering his short bow in preparation for leaving for Ruby's ceremony.


F
Vitals:
HP: 29/31 | AC: 17 T: 13 FF: 14 | Fort +4 Ref +8 Will +5 | CMB +2 CMD 15 | Init +3 | Archaeologist's Luck 11/12 | Spells: 1st Level 3/5 2nd Level 3/3
Human
Skills:
Disable Device +15 | Perception +13 | Know: Arcana +12 Religion +11 | UMD +11 | Diplomacy, Spellcraft, +10 |
Archaeologist Bard 4
Skills Pt 2:
Know: Hist/Local/Nature +9 |Know:Dun/Eng//Nobility +8 | Acrobatics +7 | Linguistics, Perform (Oratory) +6 |

Mariana had spent the morning taking lessons on archery and practicing forms in the commons. She had not been trained very often with larger weapons, and even still, they did not come easy to her. She did feel okay with a spear in her hands, though.

Now, early afternoon and the children had finished their classes and Mariana had spoken to the day's teacher about telling any interested children stories. The young woman smiled as she walked back and forth slowly, a light linen tunic looked as if she hadn't been wearing it to work out in, and yet she had not had a chance to go back and change. With a grin, she continues her story, "...And then...as I came out of the cave, I saw the little halfling girl running from the big scary minotaur. Somehow, she had been fending it off the entire time my group and I had been in the cave...and there she was...sprinting ahead of him..."

She continued her story to it's epic ending, really trying to spread positive tales about Pathfinders in this area, to gain trust. Though, she was always honest in these situations.


HP 48, AC 17/12/15, F +4, R +7, W +5/8, Init +2, Per +9 F Human mesmerist 7

Vashta scowls as the noise from the common room penetrates the wooden walls of the boardinghouse room she has called home since she left her family's caravan for the second time.

"How anyone is supposed to be able to learn anything in these conditions," she growls to herself.

Not that, if I'm being honest, I was getting much of anywhere anyway. The family's mysteries remain just that. Perhaps that's why ... no, that's ridiculous. He certainly wasn't worthy, no matter what the Harrowing said. I just need more time, more power. Maybe something at the House of Wonders ... or one of the new boys-made-man can help me...

Reverentially, she closes the thick leather-bound tome and stores it in its hiding place. At the door, she turns and surveys the room, making sure there's no sign of her most valuable treasure. Satisfied, she smooths the worn silk dress and taking a deep breath heads into town.


Female Changeling Witch 5 / Brawler 1: Init +1; Perception +3; Darkvision; AC 16 (+1 Dex., +1 natural, +4 Mage armour); hp 37; Fort +4; Ref +4; Will +5

Molly looks up from her cards and casts a brief, cool glance in the direction of the rather... spirited... preacher. Then she shakes off the moment of irritation and casts her most winning smile at the men sharing the table with her, each of them holding their own cards.

"Remember, gents," she says in a pleasant, lustrous voice, "dragons are high and kings are low for this round. And if that strikes you as odd, just think of how low a king feels when a dragon is on high over his castle! Ante up..."

Molly's been having plenty of fun since she came to Trunau. Meeting cousin Jenk again was as wonderful as a week-long Seven Veils festival. The upcoming festivities offer their own kind of fun; people loosen their drawstrings for big celebrations, and so Molly set up a card game.

'Come on, boys, give me your tells. Who's got the best hand?'

gambling rolls:
Bluff to hide the quality of Molly's own hand: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20. Sense motive to determine the quality of the other players' cards: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11. Profession (gambling) 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18


[spoiler=mechanics]
sense motive: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9
sense motive: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
sense motive: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
sense motive: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20
bluff: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14
gambling: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

The four men around the table shifted uneasily in their seats as Molly started the next hand. Drakes and Kings was part luck, part skill, and mostly knowing when you'd had too much to drink. Copper coins hit the table as everyone anted in, then cards were passed. Three of the men folded immediately, scowls on their faces as they looked at their hands. The last man looked at Molly, reading her face, then tossed a silver onto the pile. Molly noticed the man sucking on his teeth, Harper's tell for when he had a bad hand. A silver of her own hit the table and the man growled. His hand hit the table, showing nothing at all, while Molly's held a low flight. She smiled as she raked in the coins.

Molly earned 1s, 4c. The games are pretty low stakes here. I typically cap daily winnings at 1g, just to keep players from gambling for months on end ;)

***********************

Vashta definitely sees signs of the celebrations starting already as she heads out of the boardinghouse. The jubilation was apparent, and she knew well how these frontiers-folk liked to celebrate...anything, really. She had met young Ruby a few times in her relatively short stay in Trunau, and thought her a responsible child.

***********************

Mariana finished her story and the children clapped. Mistress Evelain, the local teacher, smiled and clapped with the children. Bards rarely traveled to Trunau, and they hadn't heard stories like these in ages. The children of Trunau had an odd quality to them. They grew up with the understanding that each day might be the one where the orcs took the city, killing them and their families. And yet, they also had that sense of wonder that children worldwide seemed to share.

One of the girls asked if Mariana was going to be attending Ruby's hopeknife ceremony, explaining what a hopeknife was and how much fun the hopeknife ceremonies usually were. "Everyone'll be there, 'cepting the militia on watch, of course."

***********************

Quill smiled when he stepped out of the shop, closing the door behind him. The air smelled clean and fresh, and the buzz of anticipation for the hopeknife ceremony flowed around him. His memories of his own hopeknife ceremony were wonderful, though the details were a little hazy. It was the first time Joseph had let him drink more than a swallow or two of wine, and Quill still blanched at the memories of the next morning, which were all too clear. He smiled more broadly, and headed for the Commons, where he knew the festivities would be setting up.

***********************

A server at the Ramblehouse's common room rolled her eyes at the loud dwarf, and moved over to give him another ale. Why the dwarf couldn't carry on his conversations with the trees and rocks outside, and leave her place alone, she couldn't fathom. Still, she knew how Storn fought hard for the people of Trunau, and how much he truly cared for their welfare. In the year or so since the dwarf arrived, banging on at full volume about Gorum this and Gorum that, she had heard the tales. The dwarf may be loud, but Storn cared, and that went a long way in this town. "Here you go, preacher, but leave the clients alone, will you? Go shout on a street corner if you have to, but no more preaching in here, or Cham'll throw you out. Se if he don't! Now, don't get too drunk before the hopeknife ceremony. Ruby'll be upset if you miss it. You know she's fond of your loud ways."

***********************

Yelena's trainees made it the five minutes, plus the little extra she added on for good measure. It had been a good morning, and Jagrin's latest posted watch schedule meant that she was off duty for Ruby's hopeknife ceremony. She couldn't wait. The coming of age ceremony was a big deal to all residents of Trunau, and Yelena had watched Ruby grow from a young pup to a flowering young woman. Chief Defender Halgra had a right to be proud of her daughter, and all the rumors pointed to this being a ceremony to remember.


F
Vitals:
HP: 29/31 | AC: 17 T: 13 FF: 14 | Fort +4 Ref +8 Will +5 | CMB +2 CMD 15 | Init +3 | Archaeologist's Luck 11/12 | Spells: 1st Level 3/5 2nd Level 3/3
Human
Skills:
Disable Device +15 | Perception +13 | Know: Arcana +12 Religion +11 | UMD +11 | Diplomacy, Spellcraft, +10 |
Archaeologist Bard 4
Skills Pt 2:
Know: Hist/Local/Nature +9 |Know:Dun/Eng//Nobility +8 | Acrobatics +7 | Linguistics, Perform (Oratory) +6 |

Kneeling down before the girl, Mariana smiles brightly, "Well, of course I will be there. I have come to Trunau to learn of your culture and witness the resolve of your people...and hopefully get to explore outside the town, as well. If I'm going to learn about everything...then I have to be here for the ceremony!" With a gentle pat of the girl's cheek, she then ruffles her hair a bit and winks. "Perhaps you can tell me a story tonight and then I can tell another?"

With that, she stands and meanders across The Commons to watch more of the training.

Silver Crusade

HP 39/39; AC 18/14/14; F+6,R+6,W+9;Init +4; Perc +14;Kn Eng+5; Rel+9, Spllcrft +9;Surv +10

Quill walks toward the ceremony, his hopeknife still dangling meaningfully around his neck. He says to people he knows, greeting some with a Lastwall Fist bump.

He keeps his eyes open for Marigold Pottersmoot, his be-crushed. He feels quite lucky to be attending...it means that the city still stands and the city still holds despite the danger around them. He's not going to worry about that today.

"Hey, Yovonne! Great day, huh!?"
"Time for the ceremony! Don't be late, Gerico!!"
"Jimmy Greaseknees, are you going? Yeah, I'll see you there!"

Quill hurries along, anxious and excited.


Male CG Human Warpriest 6 | HP: 50/51| AC: 25 (11 Tch, 24 Fl) | CMB: +7, CMD: 17 (+2 bull rush) | F: +7, R: +2, W: +8 | Init: +2 | Perc: +3, SM: +7 | Speed 20ft | Spells: 2/5 1/4 | Sacred 6/6 | Blessings: 3/6 | CLW Wand: 9/50 Fervor 2/6 | Active conditions: REALLY REALLY SAD

Storn grumbles and at the chiding, motherly tone he seems to calm a little.

"Fah, I get carried away. I think we were talking about the hopeknife ceremony and they brought up that silly Goddess halflings like so much. I'm better at spreading the word through the sword than through tavern tales at any rate. I shall cleave a few orc heads in your honour!" Storn raises his mug and takes a draught before relaxing back to watch the poker game from a distance and the strange, pale woman who seems to be winning. "And I give you my oath I shall not be the drunkest person there. This ceremony is a rite of passage! A mark of why this is a good town."

Waving the server off, Storn settles in to finish his ale and watch the card game.

Strange purple-eyed woman. I bet she has eerie powers. Or at least she is better at cards than I am. A good priest never gambles unless he knows he's going to win.


"4... 3... 2... 1... aaaaaaaand done!" A collective gasp of relief left the trainees in the drillyard as they dropped out of the martial stance. Some simply collapsed to the clay tiles, rubbing their sore biceps and thighs. "Good work, boys and girls! With a few more months, you'll be able to swing a sword for more than a few minutes without getting winded!" She hefted her longhammer to her shoulder and grinned. "Oh, come on, you lot! It wasn't that hard. Tell you what, let's head over to the Ramblehouse. I'll buy you all a pint of mead to keep your mouths from moaning." Giving words of encouragement and instruction to particular students, Yelena slowly herds the militia members toward the inn.


Female Changeling Witch 5 / Brawler 1: Init +1; Perception +3; Darkvision; AC 16 (+1 Dex., +1 natural, +4 Mage armour); hp 37; Fort +4; Ref +4; Will +5

"Hey-o, lovely!" Molly calls to the waitress, and she flicks her the silver coin she just 'earned'. "Beers over here, for the gentlemen at the table!"

She winks at her opponents. "It's a holiday, after all. The 'hopeknife' day, right? Might as well put my earnings to proper use, am I right? Even if I don't rightfully know what we're celebrating...?"


"Thank Ye kindly. Never mind losing too much when the winner's buying the drinks. Now, as for your question, this here's a hope knife.". He pulled a small knife sheathed on a thong around his neck from under his jerkin. "It's a tradition here in Trunau, based on the fact that the orcs'll do worse than slit your throat if they catch you. It's small enough to go unnoticed and large enough to do the job. The hope knife ceremony is a coming of age celebration where a child officially is recognized as an adult. If you're new to town you should go. It's a great excuse to get drunk and eaton someone else's go.d, and it's something that you don't see elsewhere,"


Female Changeling Witch 5 / Brawler 1: Init +1; Perception +3; Darkvision; AC 16 (+1 Dex., +1 natural, +4 Mage armour); hp 37; Fort +4; Ref +4; Will +5

"I won't insult you by saying it's a charming custom," Molly says, a serious expression passing over her face, "but it's a powerful one. Gentlemen."

The pale-skinned Kellid raises her beer in a salute.

"To hope. That it may keep us strong and prevail beyond despair and weakness."


As the afternoon proceeds, the hopeknife ceremony gets underway. A throng of spectators has amassed at the town Commons; the buzz of the crowd subsides as the weathered town leader, Halgra of the Blackened Blades, takes the stage and begins to speak.

“Thank you all for joining us this night. I take immense pride in my responsibility as Chief Defender, especially when it comes to the honor of the hopeknife ceremony. It is always a great privilege to bequeath Trunauan youths their hopeknives as they come of age.” Halgra stops speaking long enough to open an ornamental case and retrieve a slender, ornately decorated dagger hanging from a silver chain. “But tonight is a special occasion, for the recipient of this hopeknife is none other than my youngest daughter.” Once again, Halgra pauses, but this time she turns to talk to the child beside her.

[b]“Ruby, by the traditions of our town, you have come of age. This hopeknife represents your responsibilities as an adult and defender of Trunau. You must be willing to use it on yourself, your fellow Trunauans, and your family—even me, should it come to that. It will be a far quicker death than that which the orcs will offer, and providing it is your duty. Do you swear to guard Trunau from all comers, and to use your hopeknife only for its intended purpose?” Ruby — dusky skinned, black haired, and painfully shy —nods her head in response to her mother’s question.

“If the orcs come, and there is no other option, this is where you cut—here, here, and here.” Halgra demonstrates which arteries to sever while Ruby watches. When she is finished, Halgra sheathes the hopeknife and places the necklace around Ruby’s neck before turning back to address the crowd."

“Tonight, Ruby becomes a full member of our community! Let us welcome her, and celebrate her passage into adulthood! Trunau forever!” The crowd echoes Halgra’s last words in unison, signaling the end of the ceremony.

Silver Crusade

HP 39/39; AC 18/14/14; F+6,R+6,W+9;Init +4; Perc +14;Kn Eng+5; Rel+9, Spllcrft +9;Surv +10
DM Bigrin wrote:
“Tonight, Ruby becomes a full member of our community! Let us welcome her, and celebrate her passage into adulthood! Trunau forever!” The crowd echoes Halgra’s last words in unison, signaling the end of the ceremony.

Quill hoots and hollers, banging his fist and bow in unison to create the necessary clamor to honor Ruby's passage into adulthood.

"You honor us all RUUUU-BEEEEE!" Quill yells. He scans the crowd for friends and friendly faces, such is the pleasure of this shared community moment.


F
Vitals:
HP: 29/31 | AC: 17 T: 13 FF: 14 | Fort +4 Ref +8 Will +5 | CMB +2 CMD 15 | Init +3 | Archaeologist's Luck 11/12 | Spells: 1st Level 3/5 2nd Level 3/3
Human
Skills:
Disable Device +15 | Perception +13 | Know: Arcana +12 Religion +11 | UMD +11 | Diplomacy, Spellcraft, +10 |
Archaeologist Bard 4
Skills Pt 2:
Know: Hist/Local/Nature +9 |Know:Dun/Eng//Nobility +8 | Acrobatics +7 | Linguistics, Perform (Oratory) +6 |

Mariana watches the ceremony, a notebook out and jotting down as much as she can. Once it is clear that the ceremony is reaching it's end, she stuffs the book away quickly and then as the Chief Defender calls out, she looks about and feels that clapping would be out of place.

So instead she lifts the small quiver at her hip and begins to shake it, so that arrowheads rattle within, trying to fit in with the banging as best as possible.

She found all of this fascinating, but by her very nature, she looked completely out of place within the throngs of people.


HP 48, AC 17/12/15, F +4, R +7, W +5/8, Init +2, Per +9 F Human mesmerist 7

A bloody ceremony, Vashta thinks, and hopefully one no one here will have need to remember. So much focus on steel, but if they were smarter, they'd look to magic. Enough power and the orcs would never threaten Trunau again.

Still, the ceremony is infectious, she has to admit. She could perhaps do without that elf's bellows right in her ear, but there was a touch of home in the festivities, even if it was so different from what she'd grown up with.

A smile crosses her lips as she stands back to watch the celebration.


Male CG Human Warpriest 6 | HP: 50/51| AC: 25 (11 Tch, 24 Fl) | CMB: +7, CMD: 17 (+2 bull rush) | F: +7, R: +2, W: +8 | Init: +2 | Perc: +3, SM: +7 | Speed 20ft | Spells: 2/5 1/4 | Sacred 6/6 | Blessings: 3/6 | CLW Wand: 9/50 Fervor 2/6 | Active conditions: REALLY REALLY SAD

Finishing his ale, Storn leaves some money at the table and rises to make his way to the ceremony. His journey to the commons is met with either pleasant greetings or unpleasant stares, depending upon those he encounters.

Storn sticks out like a sore thumb in the crowd, his height, breadth, and armour setting him apart from most others. However, despite his relative newness to the crowd he is utterly engaged in the ceremony.

"TRUNAU FOREVER!" roars Storn with the crowd, beating his fist against his cuirass enthusiastically.


Once Halgra finishes her speech, and the cheers die down, the people of Trunau waste no time heading for the ale barrels and tables of food. This marks the beginning of the more lighthearted festivities. A chant of "Rope, rope, rope..." started pealing through the air, and a pair of the militia came forward to the center of the Commons, carrying a long rope. The older looking one called loudly, "The militia of Trunau challenge Ruby Halgram to a test of strength to determine her worth at standing at the side of the other adults of Trunau. She may pick up to 5 champions to stand with her."

The tug-of-war is a typical hopeknife ceremony game, and everyone really gets into it. Ruby doesn't hesitate in her first choice. "I want Yelena!"

"Oh no, you don't, young lass! Yelena's militia. She is honor bound to fight with us, not against." The man known as Rodrick Grath, and his brother Kursk grinned, and motioned Yelena to their side, along with a limping militiaman named Jenk, and a half-orc woman named Turusk.

"Fine, then I choose Uncle Storn!" A groan arose from the crowd as the loud preacher of Gorum was chosen. It was no surprise, really, as the dwarf got along amazingly well with most of the children of Trunau...far better than he did with most of the adults.

"Next, I choose Quill and Vashta. Magic's allowed, you know."

"And the story lady." She pointed at Mariana. "She tells such good stories, she should be in mine."

"And finally...umm...I'll let the gods decide!" The crowd roared in appreciation as she began twirling in a circle, finger outstretched. Faster and faster she spun, until she staggered from the dizziness and stopped, finger pointing straight at Molly Blackfoot.

Rodrik scrathed a deep line in the sand, then stretched out the rope to either side. The contestants took their places on the rope, with Ruby's team on one side, and the militia on the other. Halgra counted down from five and the contest was on!


HP 48, AC 17/12/15, F +4, R +7, W +5/8, Init +2, Per +9 F Human mesmerist 7

I think Storn is human, DM.

What? Does she really think I'm going to be able to pull them? That's cra-- Oh, magic's allowed. Well, that changes everything.

Vashta smiles and steps to the rope, surveying the opponents. As the contest begins, she steps out of the line and quickly whispers a few quick words of arcane power, her voice a strange mix of lust-filled and guttural. Her hand dips into a pouch and just as quickly comes out, a small handful of brightly colored powder arcing toward the other side of the line.

It's followed seconds later by a cone of brilliant, rainbow light that washes over the opponents. color spray; DC 14

Really hope that doesn't backfire with A) the villagers; and B) whatever happens that you know will go wrong at this festival... If I know for sure that this would not be taken as fair play, she'll instead step aside and cast daze on whichever of the opponents seems the biggest threat to victory -- maybe that dwarf girl, she's probably fairly weak willed what with her important job of holding things in the air. :)


Male CG Human Warpriest 6 | HP: 50/51| AC: 25 (11 Tch, 24 Fl) | CMB: +7, CMD: 17 (+2 bull rush) | F: +7, R: +2, W: +8 | Init: +2 | Perc: +3, SM: +7 | Speed 20ft | Spells: 2/5 1/4 | Sacred 6/6 | Blessings: 3/6 | CLW Wand: 9/50 Fervor 2/6 | Active conditions: REALLY REALLY SAD

"The young woman has chosen wisely!" yells Storn, stomping through the crowd up to the stage.

Storn looks at his opponents, and then at the rope.

So magic is allowed, eh?

"Gorum, grant me strength, grant me size, grant me fury for Ruby the Ravager!" cries Storn, wrapping his hand around his enormous holy symbol. As he chants, he begins to shoot up into the sky, becoming twice as tall!

"BAHAHAHA! BEHOLD!"

Storn then grabs the rope, and gets ready to give it a tremendous yank.

Strength Check?: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21

Casting enlarge person. Since I'm insure if Vashta will colour spray or not I'll delay Storn's reaction to said spell until that's resolved.

Silver Crusade

HP 39/39; AC 18/14/14; F+6,R+6,W+9;Init +4; Perc +14;Kn Eng+5; Rel+9, Spllcrft +9;Surv +10

Quill's eyes bulge as his eye widen when his name is called...a comical face on a full elf. Most of his native 'elfiness' lost among the human community.

Recovering his composure, Quill runs up next to Ruby and grabs the rope with both hands, ready to pull.

"This is going to be fun," Quill chirps, looking back at the rest.

"Oh hey, Yelena!" Quill smiles happily. He gives a curt nod up to embiggened 'Uncle' Storn. "Sir."

He smiles at the other two, the ones he doesn't know...yet.


F
Vitals:
HP: 29/31 | AC: 17 T: 13 FF: 14 | Fort +4 Ref +8 Will +5 | CMB +2 CMD 15 | Init +3 | Archaeologist's Luck 11/12 | Spells: 1st Level 3/5 2nd Level 3/3
Human
Skills:
Disable Device +15 | Perception +13 | Know: Arcana +12 Religion +11 | UMD +11 | Diplomacy, Spellcraft, +10 |
Archaeologist Bard 4
Skills Pt 2:
Know: Hist/Local/Nature +9 |Know:Dun/Eng//Nobility +8 | Acrobatics +7 | Linguistics, Perform (Oratory) +6 |

Mariana raises a brow upon hearing herself called upon, "Well, I did not expect this...but I am here to learn...how best to learn but to join in." As she walks up to the rope, she then takes up the rope only to see spells begin being cast and her eyes grow wide slightly. "I suppose it's meant to be an example of doing whatever it takes to survive..." she trails off as she begins to pull the rope from the other group as she shakes her head with a bemused smile.


Awaiting DM feedback. We're still learning about Trunau, so I need to know whether this is good-natured fun, or if Vashta needs to be taken behind the woodshed.


Female Changeling Witch 5 / Brawler 1: Init +1; Perception +3; Darkvision; AC 16 (+1 Dex., +1 natural, +4 Mage armour); hp 37; Fort +4; Ref +4; Will +5

"Well, who am I to refuse the call of the heavens?" Molly says, shrugging elaborately.

"Don't worry, cousin!" she calls to the guardsman named Jenk. "I'll kiss your boo-boos after your team has fallen over!"

Molly laughs merrily to show there is no ill intent and claps Ruby on the shoulder. "Congratulations on your big day, miss. I'll do my best for you."

She takes up her position at the rope -- and blinks at Vashta's use of magic.

'Hmm. Flashy. Let's see how they take it. I can still hex someone after.'


I'll do the check rolls for this, but it seems a shame to waste Storn's roll.

strength, militia team: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24

As ribbons of color began to float through the air around Vastha's fingertips, someone from the crowd barks a counterspell. The magicks dissipate and the woman is left staring at her mundane hands as the rest of her team is yanked off their feet. Despite Storn's now-large size, the militia pull them closer to the line, now only ten feet away.

Minor delay for RP or other actions

Silver Crusade

HP 39/39; AC 18/14/14; F+6,R+6,W+9;Init +4; Perc +14;Kn Eng+5; Rel+9, Spllcrft +9;Surv +10

Quill finds himself jerked forward despite his efforts to go backwards.

Re-wrapping his hands around the rope, he readies to tug again.

"Ready!? HHHHEEEEAAAAVVVVEEEEE!!!"

Quill yanks with all his noodle-armed might. Should we be rolling str checks as well. I'm sure Quinn's mighty +1 will help, right?

Edit: In case it does matter: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21 Str.


As said in prior post, I'll roll the checks, taking into account all modifiers


Female Changeling Witch 5 / Brawler 1: Init +1; Perception +3; Darkvision; AC 16 (+1 Dex., +1 natural, +4 Mage armour); hp 37; Fort +4; Ref +4; Will +5

Molly grunts at the strength put into play against her side of the rope. She digs in her heels, hauls with all her strength -- and makes eye contact with the opposing team, seeking out the strongest-looking of the bunch... and unleashes the power of her Hex on that person.

Evil Eye Hex to weaken their Strength check.


Will: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15

The color spray washes over Yelena, seemingly without effect. "Was that a spell? Like, a junior magician's kit? Because I've seen more impressive things ordered out of the back of magazines." She digs in her heels and continues pulling.

Or the fantasy equivalent of magazines. Broadsheets? Really, I'm just jealous that my teammates are vanilla NPCs without fancy tricks. :(


Male CG Human Warpriest 6 | HP: 50/51| AC: 25 (11 Tch, 24 Fl) | CMB: +7, CMD: 17 (+2 bull rush) | F: +7, R: +2, W: +8 | Init: +2 | Perc: +3, SM: +7 | Speed 20ft | Spells: 2/5 1/4 | Sacred 6/6 | Blessings: 3/6 | CLW Wand: 9/50 Fervor 2/6 | Active conditions: REALLY REALLY SAD

Storn blinks as the color spray washes over the group, and then laughs uproariously as one of the milita just stares at her hands. However, he's yanked forward a step. The giant-sized priest looks over his shoulders at the others, his beady eyes peering out from his chaotic facial hair.

Bah, they're tiny! They need motivation.

"Come on you ruff-wearing softies! Stop mincing around and worrying about hangnails and PULL!"


I believe Storn is confused. Teh woman behind him is the one that cast the spell.


HP 48, AC 17/12/15, F +4, R +7, W +5/8, Init +2, Per +9 F Human mesmerist 7

And it was apparently countered, so no save was necessary...

Vashta scowls as her spell is countered, a look of irritation crossing her face.

What? How? They shouldn't be able to do that...

Calling on the latent magical abilities in her blood, she quickly casts the spell for a second time!

Using arcane reservoir/potent magic to increase the DC by 2. Now DC 16 for color spray.


F
Vitals:
HP: 29/31 | AC: 17 T: 13 FF: 14 | Fort +4 Ref +8 Will +5 | CMB +2 CMD 15 | Init +3 | Archaeologist's Luck 11/12 | Spells: 1st Level 3/5 2nd Level 3/3
Human
Skills:
Disable Device +15 | Perception +13 | Know: Arcana +12 Religion +11 | UMD +11 | Diplomacy, Spellcraft, +10 |
Archaeologist Bard 4
Skills Pt 2:
Know: Hist/Local/Nature +9 |Know:Dun/Eng//Nobility +8 | Acrobatics +7 | Linguistics, Perform (Oratory) +6 |

aWith everything that is going on, Mariana decides it's time to call on her own luck, letting it wash over her with a close of her eyes, she grips the rope hard and assists as best she can.

Failure:
If Mariana seems to be failing on the roll, she will cast Timely Inspiration (giving her a +1 on the roll)

Archaeologist's Luck will grant her a +2 to all skill or attack rolls "Come on, folks, let's not let Ruby down!"


Ah, you are right. I missed the counterspell.

Will: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20

Yelena grunts as the wave of color hits her, but to no discernible effect. "Come on, lads! Don't let those bunch of nancies best you!"

Silver Crusade

HP 39/39; AC 18/14/14; F+6,R+6,W+9;Init +4; Perc +14;Kn Eng+5; Rel+9, Spllcrft +9;Surv +10

Quill, unsure about all the magickery flying, keeps his hands on the rope and pulling as hard as he can.

Quill pushes with his legs even as his arms yank with effort.


1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17

strength, Ruby: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21
strength, militia: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19

Once again, Vashta cast her spell, and this time it went through. Ribbons of colored light lashed out and caught the man in the lead of the other team. Jenks stood looking stunned as Ruby's team gave a mighty heave. The militia each scooted forward five feet as the teams ended up back in their original spots.

Spoiler:

I'll give the color spray because apparently I wasn't clear. There is 30 feet of space between the two teams, half on either side of the line now. Looks like this:

MVSQR---|---JRKYT

I can get a map up when I get home tomorrow.


F
Vitals:
HP: 29/31 | AC: 17 T: 13 FF: 14 | Fort +4 Ref +8 Will +5 | CMB +2 CMD 15 | Init +3 | Archaeologist's Luck 11/12 | Spells: 1st Level 3/5 2nd Level 3/3
Human
Skills:
Disable Device +15 | Perception +13 | Know: Arcana +12 Religion +11 | UMD +11 | Diplomacy, Spellcraft, +10 |
Archaeologist Bard 4
Skills Pt 2:
Know: Hist/Local/Nature +9 |Know:Dun/Eng//Nobility +8 | Acrobatics +7 | Linguistics, Perform (Oratory) +6 |

With the spell going off, Mariana decides it's time to take her chances with a spell, as well, and then she lets her luck fade just in time for her to hum out a spell...creating a huge pool of grease beneath the first person of the other group.

DC of 13 to prevent from falling. That was maximum range and just barely catching J in the spell effect. This is, of course, assuming we are all piled together. If not, then that won't work and just ignore that post altogether


The way I have it int eh previous diagram is everyone taking up a 5' square, with 30' of rope between the two groups

Silver Crusade

HP 39/39; AC 18/14/14; F+6,R+6,W+9;Init +4; Perc +14;Kn Eng+5; Rel+9, Spllcrft +9;Surv +10

Quill lets out a cheer as his side wins the round. He re-grips the rope, sets his feet, and pulls again.

"C'mon Ruby, lead us. You're in charge now!"


Male CG Human Warpriest 6 | HP: 50/51| AC: 25 (11 Tch, 24 Fl) | CMB: +7, CMD: 17 (+2 bull rush) | F: +7, R: +2, W: +8 | Init: +2 | Perc: +3, SM: +7 | Speed 20ft | Spells: 2/5 1/4 | Sacred 6/6 | Blessings: 3/6 | CLW Wand: 9/50 Fervor 2/6 | Active conditions: REALLY REALLY SAD

I may have missed that counterspell too. >.>

"I heard that!" shouts Storn indignantly at Yelena. "That's it Ruby, put your back into it!"


HP 48, AC 17/12/15, F +4, R +7, W +5/8, Init +2, Per +9 F Human mesmerist 7

Her magic expended, Vashta sighs and regrips the rope. Her actual effort to pull is, at most, desultory.

There must be a way to increase my power. That was almost embarrassing.


"Heave! Heave! Come on, you sorry lot! No calisthenics tomorrow if we win!"


Female Changeling Witch 5 / Brawler 1: Init +1; Perception +3; Darkvision; AC 16 (+1 Dex., +1 natural, +4 Mage armour); hp 37; Fort +4; Ref +4; Will +5

Again, Molly fires off her Hex, targetng the next strongest person on the opposing team.

'It'd be bit unsporting to keep hitting my own cousin, after all...'


strength, Ruby: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20
strength, militia: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13

Unobserved, Molly's hex went off, causing Rodrik to step on Jenk's back foot. Both men lost their balance as Ruby's team gave a great tug. THeir feet slipped out from under them, and they were pulled another five feet closer to the line.

Here's the map

Silver Crusade

HP 39/39; AC 18/14/14; F+6,R+6,W+9;Init +4; Perc +14;Kn Eng+5; Rel+9, Spllcrft +9;Surv +10

He re-grips the rope, sets his feet, and pulls again.

"Yeah Ruby, a few more! We got them on the 'ropes'!"


Female Changeling Witch 5 / Brawler 1: Init +1; Perception +3; Darkvision; AC 16 (+1 Dex., +1 natural, +4 Mage armour); hp 37; Fort +4; Ref +4; Will +5

'Once lucky, twice confident, thrice dead, my Da always said,' Molly thinks. 'But may fortune favour the brave and I'll apologize to my cousin later!'

Molly picks another target and launches the power of her Evil Eye...


"Pull! Pull! Pull!" Yelena continues chanting to give her team rhythm.

1 to 50 of 4,094 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Bigrin's Giantslayer All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.