Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Starfinder


Pathfinder Society


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Paizo.com Gift Certificates
On Sale and Clearance!

GM Batpony PFS Tyranny of Winds Table 2

Game Master Batpony

Maps


351 to 400 of 410 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | next > last >>
The Exchange

Male Halfling Unchained Rogue (Bandit Knife Master) [4.0] | HP 31/31 | AC 20 T 15 FF 16 | F +5 R +10 W +3 (+2 vs morale bonus charm/fear, +2 fear) | CMB +3 CMD 15 | Init +10 | Perc +9 | Acro +13 DD/EA +11 Stealth +15 Climb/Ling +6 | Diplo/Intim +8

Umm, what? Xavian has no idea what that thing said. He prepares himself for the possibility of a fight, just in case.

Scarab Sages

Female Human (Tian - Shu) Magus (Bladebound / Kensai) 3 / Sohei 1 (HP: 31/31 | AC:23 T:20 FF:17 | CMB:+6 CMD:20 | Saves F:+8 R:+7 W:+8 | Init:+2 | Per:+9 | Speed 40ft) 4.0

knowledge planes: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23

Talking lizards! Wait, I know these creatures... Jian Sheng tries to recall what she has studied about native elemental creatures while trying to understand what they said "I'm sorry, I don't speak Auran. What did you just say?" Jian Sheng also repeats what she said in Ignan as well just in case the creatures understand it

The only elemental language she can speak in at the moment...

Liberty's Edge

UbU || TOW1|| UbU2 || TOW2

The lizard is known as a elementally infused shocker lizard, one that is native to the planes of air and fire. Question?

The Lizards give a frustrated look, but in the end, after Jian Sheng repeats herself in Ignan, they do too. "Usted debe ser los patrulleros, debe salir de inmediato de Armun Kelisk. Sus actividades no son bienvenidas aquí."

Ignan:
You must be the pathfinders, you should leave at once from Armun Kelisk. Your activities are not welcomed here.

Scarab Sages

male undine shaman of heavens 2 | HP 17/17 | AC 19, T 13, FF 16 | F +4, R +4, W +8, cold resistance 5 | CMB +1, CMD 14 | Spd 20', Swim 30' | Perc +11 | Init +7

Korez understands Auran and responds in that language, translating his words and any response in Auran to the rest of the group.

Auran:
"And who are you? More importantly, who sent you to give us this message? We intend to complete our business as quickly as possible and be on our way back to the Material Plane."

diplomacy: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17

Liberty's Edge

UbU || TOW1|| UbU2 || TOW2

"Lavoriamo per la concordanza, non affari, andiamo ora" Their manner of speech is crude, but they're able to get the message across.

Auran:
We work for the concordance, no business, leave now.

Silver Crusade

Female Half-Elf Monk (Qinggong Zen Archer) 5 | HP: 33/33 | AC: 18 (18 Tch, 15 Fl) | CMD: 21 | F: +5, R: +5, W: +9 | Init: +1 | Perc: +18, SM: +11 | Active conditions: none

"I don't understand. Are they wishing us well?"

Scarab Sages

male undine shaman of heavens 2 | HP 17/17 | AC 19, T 13, FF 16 | F +4, R +4, W +8, cold resistance 5 | CMB +1, CMD 14 | Spd 20', Swim 30' | Perc +11 | Init +7

If anyone has anything specific they want to say here, I will translate.

auran:
"Unfortunately we cannot do that. If the Concordance wishes, we would be happy to discuss terms under which our organizations may both achieve our goals."

Liberty's Edge

UbU || TOW1|| UbU2 || TOW2

"No no, non discutere, lasciare per favore." The lizard sounds to be a little impatient.

Auran:
No no, no discuss, leave please.

The Exchange

Male Halfling Unchained Rogue (Bandit Knife Master) [4.0] | HP 31/31 | AC 20 T 15 FF 16 | F +5 R +10 W +3 (+2 vs morale bonus charm/fear, +2 fear) | CMB +3 CMD 15 | Init +10 | Perc +9 | Acro +13 DD/EA +11 Stealth +15 Climb/Ling +6 | Diplo/Intim +8

Just tell them that we mean no harm and that we'll move along quickly once we complete our task, if you haven't already. I don't think they have the right to keep us away... do they?

Scarab Sages

Female Human (Tian - Shu) Magus (Bladebound / Kensai) 3 / Sohei 1 (HP: 31/31 | AC:23 T:20 FF:17 | CMB:+6 CMD:20 | Saves F:+8 R:+7 W:+8 | Init:+2 | Per:+9 | Speed 40ft) 4.0

"Somehow, I don't think this will end peacefully..." Jian Sheng rests her hand on the hilt of her sword and speaks in Ignan "Last chance lizards. Leave now."

Intimidate: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11

GM:
Jian Sheng readies to attack the lizards should they even LOOK like they are going to be hostile. Surprise round?

Scarab Sages

male undine shaman of heavens 2 | HP 17/17 | AC 19, T 13, FF 16 | F +4, R +4, W +8, cold resistance 5 | CMB +1, CMD 14 | Spd 20', Swim 30' | Perc +11 | Init +7

Korez nods at Jian Sheng's analysis. "They don't seem open to debate at all. Prepare to fight."

Liberty's Edge

UbU || TOW1|| UbU2 || TOW2

init:
Init, Korez: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25
Init, Yliss: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17
Init, Jian Sheng: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9
Init, Glorin: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12
Init, Inira: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17
Init, Xavian: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (5) + 10 = 15
lizards: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17

Through a very mutual understanding, both groups decide the only means of resolving this issue is through a natural law, the law of beat em up until they see I'm right. Hostilities ensue.

JS:
I'm ok with that.

Combat Round 1

Korez
Lizards
Yliss, JS, Glorin, Xavian, Inira

Scarab Sages

male undine shaman of heavens 2 | HP 17/17 | AC 19, T 13, FF 16 | F +4, R +4, W +8, cold resistance 5 | CMB +1, CMD 14 | Spd 20', Swim 30' | Perc +11 | Init +7

knowledge (nature): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10

Korez strokes Charlie, his spirit rat in his hidden pocket, invoking the spirit of heavens to protect the group. Then he quickly retreats to safety.

Assuming I don't learn anything useful from my knowledge roll, I will cast color spray on the two lizards. DC 15 Will save.

Liberty's Edge

UbU || TOW1|| UbU2 || TOW2

I mentioned it earlier, it's Kn. Planes for the lizards, JS rolled pretty well, but didn't ask her questions yet

Will +1, DC14: 2d20 ⇒ (17, 20) = 37Tottaly unexpected

The colour affect the lizard in no way, likely because the lizards were out drinking heavily prior to this, invoking them with a sound mind.

The lizards move forward together slightly on the narrow alley and release a steam burst. They combine their powers and accumulatively create a large steam burst 20ft, everyone is engulfed in their steam attack. The steam additionally affects everyones vision. Treated as obscuring mist.

fire dmg: 4d8 ⇒ (5, 1, 8, 1) = 15Reflex DC 12 halves
charge: 1d4 ⇒ 3

Combat Round 1/2
Conditions: Obscuring Mist (end Round 3)

Korez (Reflex)
Lizards (rd4 charging) B R
Yliss (Reflex), JS (Reflex), Glorin (Reflex), Xavian (Reflex), Inira(Reflex)

The Exchange

Male Halfling Unchained Rogue (Bandit Knife Master) [4.0] | HP 31/31 | AC 20 T 15 FF 16 | F +5 R +10 W +3 (+2 vs morale bonus charm/fear, +2 fear) | CMB +3 CMD 15 | Init +10 | Perc +9 | Acro +13 DD/EA +11 Stealth +15 Climb/Ling +6 | Diplo/Intim +8

Reflex: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (17) + 10 = 27 Evasion negates the damage.

Xavian draws blades and steps forward to attack the enemy!

20% Concealment, high is good: 2d100 ⇒ (65, 67) = 132

+1 Dagger: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14 for Damage: 1d3 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8
+1 Dagger: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25 for Damage: 1d3 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

Silver Crusade

M Human Two Weapon Fighter 4 [HP 36/36 | AC 19/ff17/t13 | CMB +9 CMD 21 | Per +8 Init +2 | F+5 R+3 W+1 | MW Urgrosh +11 (1d8+10/x3) or +9/+9 (1d6+7/1d8+8/x3) | PA -2 atk, +4/+6 dam]

Reflex: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11

Getting a face full of steam, Glorin bellows, draws his weapon, and attacks the creature that arrived in front of him.

Power Attack: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (20) + 9 = 29
Damage: 1d8 + 16 ⇒ (5) + 16 = 21
Miss Chance: 1d100 ⇒ 74
Confirm Crit: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (14) + 9 = 23
Crit Damage: 2d8 + 32 ⇒ (1, 4) + 32 = 37

"I. Am. Sick. Of. All. This. AIR!"

Liberty's Edge

UbU || TOW1|| UbU2 || TOW2

Xavian moves quick ahead of the rest in attempt to take down the lizard, his first move was too fast but learning from it he makes an effective second jab.

Glorin, tired of all this, swings his weapon with great strength and rage, killing the creature that Xavian stabbed with a single blow.

Combat Round 1/2
Conditions: Obscuring Mist (end Round 3)

Korez (Reflex)
Lizards (rd4 charging) B (dead) R
Yliss (Reflex), JS (Reflex), Glorin -15, Xavian, Inira(Reflex)

Scarab Sages

male undine shaman of heavens 2 | HP 17/17 | AC 19, T 13, FF 16 | F +4, R +4, W +8, cold resistance 5 | CMB +1, CMD 14 | Spd 20', Swim 30' | Perc +11 | Init +7

reflex: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21

Frustrated that his spirit magic failed, Korez settles in for a lengthy combat, blessing his chums.

Casting bless. Remember I can move people around so if someone wants to get behind the lizard to flank I will do that next round. Of course if Glorin keeps hitting like that it won't matter. :D

The Exchange

Male Halfling Unchained Rogue (Bandit Knife Master) [4.0] | HP 31/31 | AC 20 T 15 FF 16 | F +5 R +10 W +3 (+2 vs morale bonus charm/fear, +2 fear) | CMB +3 CMD 15 | Init +10 | Perc +9 | Acro +13 DD/EA +11 Stealth +15 Climb/Ling +6 | Diplo/Intim +8

I would love a flank, being a rogue and all.

Grand Lodge

Male CN nagaji bloodrager 4 | AC 21, T 13, FF 21 | hp 35/40 | Fort +7, Ref +4, Will +1; +2 vs. poison & mind-affecting, blood sanctuary | Init +2 | Percep +1 | CMD 20 | Hypnotic Gaze 1/1 | Bloodrage 12/12, Spells 1st (2/2) | Explorer 1/1, Nemesis 1/1 | Reroll @ +4 1/1 | Conditions: none
Rage:
AC 17, T 9, FF 17 | hp 43/48 | Fort +9, Ref +3, Will +1; +2 vs. poison & mind-affecting, blood sanctuary | CMD 23

Can you move me behind the lizard to flank for Xaian?

"Where are they?!"

A wand pops into Yliss' hand, which he returns to his pack after using.

Actions:
Swift Spring-loaded wrist sheath
Standard Activate wand of shield
Move Store an item

Scarab Sages

male undine shaman of heavens 2 | HP 17/17 | AC 19, T 13, FF 16 | F +4, R +4, W +8, cold resistance 5 | CMB +1, CMD 14 | Spd 20', Swim 30' | Perc +11 | Init +7

@Gm would you mind if I retcon to move yliss instead of casting? That was my original plan but I didn't want to move anyone into melee range without their permission.

Liberty's Edge

UbU || TOW1|| UbU2 || TOW2

No problem with that. Yliss, need your reflex roll.

Silver Crusade

Female Half-Elf Monk (Qinggong Zen Archer) 5 | HP: 33/33 | AC: 18 (18 Tch, 15 Fl) | CMD: 21 | F: +5, R: +5, W: +9 | Init: +1 | Perc: +18, SM: +11 | Active conditions: none

Reflex: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20

Inira steps in and takes a flurry of shots, despite the steam impairing her vision.

Attack: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (4) + 11 = 15
20% miss: 1d100 ⇒ 22
Damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

Attack: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (2) + 11 = 13
20% miss: 1d100 ⇒ 92
Damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

Not some great shooting there...

Scarab Sages

Female Human (Tian - Shu) Magus (Bladebound / Kensai) 3 / Sohei 1 (HP: 31/31 | AC:23 T:20 FF:17 | CMB:+6 CMD:20 | Saves F:+8 R:+7 W:+8 | Init:+2 | Per:+9 | Speed 40ft) 4.0

Jian Sheng spends her surprise round drawing her weapon. Questions
- What are the special abilities of the lizards? Any resistances / weaknesses?

reflex: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24

As the mist obscures the battlefield, Jian Sheng extends her hand and her prepared wand shoots into her grasp. She activates the wand and a soft nimbus of light surrounds her before she returns the wand to its sheath.

Swift Spring-loaded wrist sheath; Standard Activate wand of shield; Move Store the wand

Liberty's Edge

UbU || TOW1|| UbU2 || TOW2

The lizards have two special abilities, one of which you have just observed, unleashing superheated steam. Another one is unleashing lightning, in addition to can feel any static discharge within 100ft. However both their special attacks drain energy from they which requires them to recharge. They are immune to electrical and fire attacks.

Yliss Reflex: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11

Korez moves Yliss magically behind the lizard. While both Yliss and Jian Sheng prepare themselves for the fight. Inira fires a couple arrows that goes to waste.

I assume Yliss was transported adjacent to lizard. If he was not ignore this and assume lizard flies safely upwards of 60ft.
Seeing an enemy suddenly within range, the lizard decides to bite him. However Yliss has his lucky stars to thank as his newly formed arcane shield knocks right into the lizard's teeth. The lizard decides to hastily get out of possible threat range, and to everyone's surprise starts flying without wings, directly upwards. Provoke AoO from Yliss

bite: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 221d4 + 2 + 1d6 ⇒ (4) + 2 + (3) = 9 of which d6 is fire dmg
miss <20: 1d100 ⇒ 88

Combat Round 2/3
Conditions: Obscuring Mist (end Round 3)

Korez -8
Lizards (rd4 charging) B (dead) R (30 ft elevation)
Yliss -24 (Shield,AoO), JS -8 (Shield), Glorin -15, Xavian, Inira -8

Grand Lodge

Male CN nagaji bloodrager 4 | AC 21, T 13, FF 21 | hp 35/40 | Fort +7, Ref +4, Will +1; +2 vs. poison & mind-affecting, blood sanctuary | Init +2 | Percep +1 | CMD 20 | Hypnotic Gaze 1/1 | Bloodrage 12/12, Spells 1st (2/2) | Explorer 1/1, Nemesis 1/1 | Reroll @ +4 1/1 | Conditions: none
Rage:
AC 17, T 9, FF 17 | hp 43/48 | Fort +9, Ref +3, Will +1; +2 vs. poison & mind-affecting, blood sanctuary | CMD 23

Yliss scores a brutal blow to the fleeing lizard, breaking one of its legs badly enough to push several inches of bone out through the skin. Then having lost track of the beast, Yliss draws a scroll and tries to read it.

Actions:
Move Retrieve a scroll of resist energy
Standard Activate the scroll
Free 5-ft. step
Free Drop the scroll in disgust

Rolls:
AoO (tetsubo): 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (20) + 11 = 31 Bludgeoning: 1d10 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16 Concealment: 1d100 ⇒ 41
Confirmation: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (20) + 11 = 31 Bludgeoning: 1d10 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10
Caster Level (DC 4): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
Wisdom (DC 5): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20

Liberty's Edge

UbU || TOW1|| UbU2 || TOW2

End Combat. Save your scroll. The AoO made the creature unconscious. dead.

Before the lizard is able to make an effective getaway, Yliss demonstrates the meaning of school of hard knocks by throwing one magnificent blow from his tetsubo to throw the lizard back to the ground unconscious to a point of no return. He bleeds out everywhere.

What would you like to do with the unconcious lizard? Would you guys like to immediately head over to the cloister?

Grand Lodge

Male CN nagaji bloodrager 4 | AC 21, T 13, FF 21 | hp 35/40 | Fort +7, Ref +4, Will +1; +2 vs. poison & mind-affecting, blood sanctuary | Init +2 | Percep +1 | CMD 20 | Hypnotic Gaze 1/1 | Bloodrage 12/12, Spells 1st (2/2) | Explorer 1/1, Nemesis 1/1 | Reroll @ +4 1/1 | Conditions: none
Rage:
AC 17, T 9, FF 17 | hp 43/48 | Fort +9, Ref +3, Will +1; +2 vs. poison & mind-affecting, blood sanctuary | CMD 23

Oops! I've never critted with that weapon before, and completely missed that it is x4. He is seriously dead. 2d10 + 12 ⇒ (5, 5) + 12 = 22

Liberty's Edge

UbU || TOW1|| UbU2 || TOW2

Since they are dead, I'm going to push you guys straight to the cloister. If you wish to do anything differently, let me know.

Searching the possession of the lizard, you find on them a plain pouch. Inside the pouch are two gems and a lantern .

detect magic+spellcraft DC26:

Fire elemental gem.

detect magic+spellcraft DC26:

Air elemental gem.

detect magic+spellcraft DC25:

Keylight lantern: A keylight lantern is wreathed with elemental runes. When lit, it gives off light as per a typical lantern, but the shifting flame gives its user a +2 competence bonus on Perception checks to find secret doors. In addition, once per day, the lantern’s bearer can fling the oil as a splash weapon that functions as a flask of acid, except that its damage type is random among acid, cold, electricity, and fire. Each keylight lantern has an indentation where an elemental gem could fit. If an elemental gem is slotted in the lantern, the damage type is fixed based on the gem’s element—acid for an earth gem, cold for a water gem, electricity for an air gem, and fire for a fire gem. The lantern’s bearer may choose to expend the elemental gem to infuse the oil with its energy. If she does so, the next time she throws the oil, it functions as per fireball, centered on the square (10d6 damage, Reflex DC 14 half) instead of as an acid flask. The damage type of the fireball matches the damage type associated with the elemental gem.

Conditions: Korez -8 ,Yliss -15 , JS -8, Glorin -15, Xavian, Inira -8

Information gleaned at the Gala leads the Pathfinder to the Cloisters of the Hidden Breeze—a small monastery in the Godsward dedicated to Pulura, the empyreal lord of constellations and homesickness. The Cloisters are open to visiting pilgrims and curious travelers alike. The founding missionaries of this humble temple built it as a refuge for the lonely, the homesick, and the lost. The cloisters is a very plain stone building.

The missionaries of the Cloisters are mostly comprised of Azatas. One of them, dressed in a plain grey robe, greets you and introduces himself as Yogun. "Please, feel free to peruse this cloister. The only condition we have for visitors are that you keep quiet and not take anything from the grounds."

Kn Religion DC19:

Based on your knowledge of the followers of Pulura, the cloister will likely have many chambers. The chamber you believe has the right information is one furnished with floor-to-ceiling bookshelves and several desks.

Scarab Sages

male undine shaman of heavens 2 | HP 17/17 | AC 19, T 13, FF 16 | F +4, R +4, W +8, cold resistance 5 | CMB +1, CMD 14 | Spd 20', Swim 30' | Perc +11 | Init +7

"Well done Yliss!" exclaims Korez as he watches the lizard fall to the ground stone dead. "Let's get healed up before we press on." He wanders through the wounded healing any who need it.

Roll your own clw. Let me know if you are using my wand charges.

clw self: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8

spellcraft+guidance: 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 5 + 1 = 18
spellcraft+guidance: 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 5 + 1 = 16
spellcraft+guidance: 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 5 + 1 = 23

knowledge religion+guidance: 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 5 + 1 = 23

Korez can't identify any of the items but he shares what he knows about the cloisters with the group.

Silver Crusade

Female Half-Elf Monk (Qinggong Zen Archer) 5 | HP: 33/33 | AC: 18 (18 Tch, 15 Fl) | CMD: 21 | F: +5, R: +5, W: +9 | Init: +1 | Perc: +18, SM: +11 | Active conditions: none

Knowledge(religion): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7

Inira brought her own wand, but appreciates Korez activating it for her.

CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8

She says quietly to the robed missionary, "Thank you, Yogun. This seems to be a peaceful place, and we will treat it with respect."

She bows, slowly, seeming quite at home in such a place.

Scarab Sages

Female Human (Tian - Shu) Magus (Bladebound / Kensai) 3 / Sohei 1 (HP: 31/31 | AC:23 T:20 FF:17 | CMB:+6 CMD:20 | Saves F:+8 R:+7 W:+8 | Init:+2 | Per:+9 | Speed 40ft) 4.0

wand of CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9

Jian Sheng uses her own wand to heal herself after the lizards are downed.

spellcraft: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (14) + 9 = 23
spellcraft: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (11) + 9 = 20
spellcraft: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (19) + 9 = 28

Going through the pouch, Jian Sheng is able to detect magical energies about the gems, but is unable to further identify them. However, her eyes widen at the lantern. "A keylight lantern! This is rare indeed." She shares what she knows about its magical properties with the group. "I believe that these gems here are meant to be used with this lantern. I shall hold on to this...it might come in handy in the near future." GM, any distinguishing features on the gems found?

Jian Sheng bows at the Azata "Greetings Yogun. We are seeking for knowledge of the Untouchable Opal. A fellow material plane traveller may have passed this way as well. Would you be able to help us locate either of this?" Jian Sheng proceeds to describe Jamila.

Liberty's Edge

UbU || TOW1|| UbU2 || TOW2

One of the gem is Red and another white.

"Untouchable Opal? I'm sorry, I have not heard of such a item. Oh, you must speak of Jamila? Yes, she visits fairly often, but alas, I do not believe she is present today." Attempting to press on further about Jamila yields no result as they missionaries pride themselves upon respecting their guests’ privacy.

As you wander around the cloister, You find the library that
Korez describes. However you don't find any books in relation to the elemental lords or the Untouchable Opal. The place is scarcely visited this time of the day, and you seem to be the only visitors at this moment.

Oddly enough, it's implied you're smart enough to figure that the place you're looking for is hidden. There's no other path besides the hidden room to continue the adventure! I typically don't put hidden rooms in spoilers or reveal them until someone searches for it but since there's no other way for this scenario.

Perception DC23 to find the secret door.

The western wall has a secret door. The door opens into a 10-footdiameter antechamber with another door and an empty copper hook on the wall next to it. The door is locked. The wall above the locked door is carved some words.

Auran:

Concordance members only past this point.

Silver Crusade

Female Half-Elf Monk (Qinggong Zen Archer) 5 | HP: 33/33 | AC: 18 (18 Tch, 15 Fl) | CMD: 21 | F: +5, R: +5, W: +9 | Init: +1 | Perc: +18, SM: +11 | Active conditions: none

Perception: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (20) + 18 = 38

Inira walks up to the western wall and opens a door that she didn't even realize was supposed to be a secret.

"Can anyone read that?"

The Exchange

Male Halfling Unchained Rogue (Bandit Knife Master) [4.0] | HP 31/31 | AC 20 T 15 FF 16 | F +5 R +10 W +3 (+2 vs morale bonus charm/fear, +2 fear) | CMB +3 CMD 15 | Init +10 | Perc +9 | Acro +13 DD/EA +11 Stealth +15 Climb/Ling +6 | Diplo/Intim +8

Nope, sure can't. So, shall we go inside before someone sees us?

Scarab Sages

male undine shaman of heavens 2 | HP 17/17 | AC 19, T 13, FF 16 | F +4, R +4, W +8, cold resistance 5 | CMB +1, CMD 14 | Spd 20', Swim 30' | Perc +11 | Init +7

"We must be on the right track. It says Concordance members only. Come on." Korez enters confidently.

Liberty's Edge

UbU || TOW1|| UbU2 || TOW2

It's locked. How do you attempt to open the door?

The Exchange

Male Halfling Unchained Rogue (Bandit Knife Master) [4.0] | HP 31/31 | AC 20 T 15 FF 16 | F +5 R +10 W +3 (+2 vs morale bonus charm/fear, +2 fear) | CMB +3 CMD 15 | Init +10 | Perc +9 | Acro +13 DD/EA +11 Stealth +15 Climb/Ling +6 | Diplo/Intim +8

Xavian will try to open the locked door, giving it a good once-over before proceeding.

Perception for traps: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (20) + 9 = 29
Disable Device: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (7) + 11 = 18

Silver Crusade

Female Half-Elf Monk (Qinggong Zen Archer) 5 | HP: 33/33 | AC: 18 (18 Tch, 15 Fl) | CMD: 21 | F: +5, R: +5, W: +9 | Init: +1 | Perc: +18, SM: +11 | Active conditions: none

If Xavian fails to unlock it:

"Mind if I take a look?"

Disable Device: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (15) + 13 = 28

Scarab Sages

Female Human (Tian - Shu) Magus (Bladebound / Kensai) 3 / Sohei 1 (HP: 31/31 | AC:23 T:20 FF:17 | CMB:+6 CMD:20 | Saves F:+8 R:+7 W:+8 | Init:+2 | Per:+9 | Speed 40ft) 4.0

Jian Sheng's hand rests on her sword hilt, her eyes scanning around for any sign of trouble while she trusts her teammates to handle the lock.

Liberty's Edge

UbU || TOW1|| UbU2 || TOW2

Xavian checks the door for traps and finds nothing peculiar about it but struggles to open the door. Inira decides to step in after a while and does the job.

Maps are updated, ignore what you see on the map, as we're using a flip-map some of the objects placed on the map aren't actually there in this scenario.. What you should pay attention to is what the scenario text tells us.

A winding downward staircase empties into the center of a chamber with four circular alcoves. Each of these alcoves glows with a different colored translucent barrier: red, green, blue, and white. With the exception of the alcove behind the white barrier, a variety of items are on display beyond the barriers. Among these curiosities are books, scrolls, figurines, urns, and tapestries. The alcove behind the white barrier, however, is mostly blocked by rubble, as if it had been ransacked in the past. Four round gemstones sparkle atop a stone altar along one of the chamber’s walls. The garnet contains a small flame; the opal contains a miniature cyclone; the pearl is filled with sloshing water; and the diamond has several visible gray rocks inside of it.

Next to each barrier, a small slot is observed with words written in elemental languages.

White, Auran:

Wet the sky

Red, Ignan:

Fan the Flame

Green, Terran:

Spark the Earth

Blue, Aquan:

Fill the sea

Silver Crusade

M Human Two Weapon Fighter 4 [HP 36/36 | AC 19/ff17/t13 | CMB +9 CMD 21 | Per +8 Init +2 | F+5 R+3 W+1 | MW Urgrosh +11 (1d8+10/x3) or +9/+9 (1d6+7/1d8+8/x3) | PA -2 atk, +4/+6 dam]

CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6
CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

Healing up, Glorin pulls out a crowbar. "There's always my way."

Oops, update while I wrote stuff. Okay, in the chamber now.

Glorin tosses his Ioun Torch into orbit around his head to maintain light. "I'll have to learn some of these elemental languages eventually, I guess," he harrumphs.

Scarab Sages

male undine shaman of heavens 2 | HP 17/17 | AC 19, T 13, FF 16 | F +4, R +4, W +8, cold resistance 5 | CMB +1, CMD 14 | Spd 20', Swim 30' | Perc +11 | Init +7

Korez translates the white and blue messages for the group. "So what is that supposed to mean?"

The Exchange

Male Halfling Unchained Rogue (Bandit Knife Master) [4.0] | HP 31/31 | AC 20 T 15 FF 16 | F +5 R +10 W +3 (+2 vs morale bonus charm/fear, +2 fear) | CMB +3 CMD 15 | Init +10 | Perc +9 | Acro +13 DD/EA +11 Stealth +15 Climb/Ling +6 | Diplo/Intim +8

I'm not sure. Wet the sky, you said? Perhaps these gems act like keys and the pearl needs to go where the white spot goes. Maybe fill the sea with rocks? I can't see doing it with air or fire...

Scarab Sages

Female Human (Tian - Shu) Magus (Bladebound / Kensai) 3 / Sohei 1 (HP: 31/31 | AC:23 T:20 FF:17 | CMB:+6 CMD:20 | Saves F:+8 R:+7 W:+8 | Init:+2 | Per:+9 | Speed 40ft) 4.0

Jian Sheng peers at each of the written words but can only make out those at the red barrier "Fan the flame...what could that possibly mean..." Spying the various gemstones, Jian Sheng takes the opal and places it in the slot where the red barrier is. Hope nothing explodes...

Grand Lodge

Male CN nagaji bloodrager 4 | AC 21, T 13, FF 21 | hp 35/40 | Fort +7, Ref +4, Will +1; +2 vs. poison & mind-affecting, blood sanctuary | Init +2 | Percep +1 | CMD 20 | Hypnotic Gaze 1/1 | Bloodrage 12/12, Spells 1st (2/2) | Explorer 1/1, Nemesis 1/1 | Reroll @ +4 1/1 | Conditions: none
Rage:
AC 17, T 9, FF 17 | hp 43/48 | Fort +9, Ref +3, Will +1; +2 vs. poison & mind-affecting, blood sanctuary | CMD 23

"This is very powerful and interesting magic. I must study it."

Crunch:
Knowlege (arcana): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15

Healing 10 from a wand of infernal healing.

Scarab Sages

male undine shaman of heavens 2 | HP 17/17 | AC 19, T 13, FF 16 | F +4, R +4, W +8, cold resistance 5 | CMB +1, CMD 14 | Spd 20', Swim 30' | Perc +11 | Init +7

"Maybe Jian shiang is on to something here!"

Assuming nothing bad happened with the opal, Korez puts the pearl in the white slot and the diamond into the blue. "Even though we can't read it, I bet the garnet is supposed to go in the green since that's all that is left."

Liberty's Edge

UbU || TOW1|| UbU2 || TOW2

Yliss:
Where the barriers are has a moderate aura of evocation, and gem itself conjuration. But how the magic intertwines with each other is beyond your comprehension.

As you insert the gems into the corresponding barriers, the barriers completely disappears. You take some time to search through the alcoves of the chamber. It is filled with many books, too many that you are overwhelmend.

Perception DC19, behind the white barrier:

Buried with the books under the ruble, you notice a sigil of Ranginori on one of the Tome. It is written completely in Auran.

If someone passes the above check, then you may only refer to the Auran spoiler below.

Auran or Linguistics DC30:
The book is called 'The Codex of Fundamental Dominion' You (the person reading this spoiler) may make a Perception or Kn. Planes DC 21 to refer to the next spoiler.

???:

a page in the book referencing another tome called the Primordial Key of Ilyralene that details theories on how to free Ranginori from the Untouchable Opal. It lists the book’s last known whereabouts as the Cobalt Gallery of the Azure Hall.

In one of the other alcoves, a small chest is observed to have some magical items in it. In it lies a chain shirt and an elixer.

spellcraft DC17:

cloudburst +1 chain shirt

spellcraft DC 18:

Elixer of forceful exhalation

Scarab Sages

male undine shaman of heavens 2 | HP 17/17 | AC 19, T 13, FF 16 | F +4, R +4, W +8, cold resistance 5 | CMB +1, CMD 14 | Spd 20', Swim 30' | Perc +11 | Init +7

perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (12) + 11 = 23

Auran.

perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (14) + 11 = 25

spellcraft: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16

spellcraft: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22

Korez shares his discovery of the book and what it represents.

read all the spoilers :D

"I don't recognize the armor but this is an elixir of forceful exhalation."

Silver Crusade

Female Half-Elf Monk (Qinggong Zen Archer) 5 | HP: 33/33 | AC: 18 (18 Tch, 15 Fl) | CMD: 21 | F: +5, R: +5, W: +9 | Init: +1 | Perc: +18, SM: +11 | Active conditions: none

"From what you are saying, it seems like this Cobalt Gallery of the Azure Hall should be our next stop."

351 to 400 of 410 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Batpony PFS Tyranny of Winds Table 2 All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.