Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

GM Aria & the Mystery Machine Investigate The Haunting of Harrowstone (Inactive)

Game Master Hu5tru

Come one and all, and sit a spell while GM Aria spins a yarn about a group of highly unlikely adventurers pull the mask off Old Man Jenkins and discover why he let his amusement park go to ruins!


201 to 250 of 455 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Kendra startles at Levelle's exit, and looks after her, but does not follow. She gives a small smile at Sandman's wisdom, apparently pacified with his assessment, and further with Uriah's judgment. "I recognize that you are making an effort, Mistress Arianne. Any assistance you can provide will be well recieved, I assure you," she adds for herself.

Arianne inclines her head in a bow. "Please, do feel welcome here. I am certain that if you demonstrate an effort to assist our congregation, it will not escape Father Grimbrow," she suggests.

Kendra rises and leads you out of the chapel, where I am assuming Levelle waits without. "It is unfortunate that we could not convince the church to allow us access to their records, but theirs is not the only library in town. There are records kept at the Town Hall, and Master Ghoroven maintains a library of scrolls at his shop, if you're keen on paying a fee for the privilege of his company."


Female Tiefling Sumoner 1 | HP: 15 | AC: 15, T: 12, FF: 13 | Fort: +1, Ref: +2, Will: +4 | CMB: 0, CMD: 12 | Init: +2 |
Skills:
Perception +0 | Craft Alchemy +5, Escape Artist +4, Handle Animal +7, Intimidate +5, Kno: Arcana +5, Kno: Religion +5, Spellcraft +6, Use Magic Device +8

Oh she didn't go far, presumably out to Arkadi who I think was hovering about outside.

Were we not to check this cache of which the Professor wrote? I'm not sure what we are to attain by looking about the town. They seemed reluctant enough to help one of their own and now that we have taken up the Professor's task... Levelle's voice fades as she rests her hand on her chin in thought.

What exactly are we trying to ascertain at this point? We know the cabal that threatens the town and we know where their machinations are being perpetrated. I am one for research but not without purpose. Perhaps we should focus merely on preparing ourselves for an expedition of our own?


Male Human Fighter 1

"That is interesting. How did you find this." Andrezi sits in a chair near his brother and reads through the book, his brow furrowing. "So... the prison was actually taken by the prisoners before the fire started. Did the guards start it? To keep the town safe." The varisian sits thoughtfully, considering that. "That's.... incredible. They gave their own lives to keep others safe. Imagine the bravery that took."


Arkadi had been leaning against a pillar outside, and moves to join the others as they finally emerge. "I must agree. Further, too much investigation may give our enemies time to go on the offensive against us." He takes a deep breath before addressing Kendra. "The Professor's body was desecrated at his death. Your Sheriff mistook it for part of his fall, but it's the method the Whispering Way uses to silence the ghosts of their enemies. I consider it almost certain now that they were the cause of his demise." He turns back to the others. "We should gather those brothers, gather what supplies may still be cached, and investigate Harrowstone without delay. Time, I fear, is not our ally."


Sandman nods. [b]"Agreed. Care to lead us back to your house Ms. Kendra?"[b] He gestures with his hands.


"Oh, of course," Kendra responds, darting a nervous glance first at the temple, then at Levelle, and adjusts the cuff of her gloves. "I believe Magda should have returned from shopping and there should be food available for lunch," she says and begins leading you back to the house.

I know, short post, but you can roll a Sense Motive if you wish, or just insert yourselves at the house in your next posts, and approach Kendra separately, but I basically assume you'll be getting together to plan your approach for the next few posts.


Human Druid (Aquatic) 1

"Off we go then. Let's not forget that cache for later."


Sense Motive 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17

----

Back at Kendra's place, Sandman slowly digs into the food. "I think we go to the cache and see what is there. Even if the prof was there, he is only one man, there could still be more there. He may have also left a clue there as well." He says between bites.


Female Tiefling Sumoner 1 | HP: 15 | AC: 15, T: 12, FF: 13 | Fort: +1, Ref: +2, Will: +4 | CMB: 0, CMD: 12 | Init: +2 |
Skills:
Perception +0 | Craft Alchemy +5, Escape Artist +4, Handle Animal +7, Intimidate +5, Kno: Arcana +5, Kno: Religion +5, Spellcraft +6, Use Magic Device +8

Levelle nods at Sandman, I agree, if there were resources available perhaps we can find more of what he sought.

Sense Motive on Kendra 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5


While you dine, Magda brushes a cricket from the corner of the room with a broom. Kendra's eyes follow the woman's progress, flicking occasionally to Levelle and Sandman, and then back to her faire.

"The Restlands is the Pharasmin's domain. Are you certain you wish to cause Sister Arianne grief?" she inquires. "We have only just visited with her, if it is discovered that someone has broken into the crypt, would it not be the first logical step to suspect them who requested help but were turned away?"


Human Druid (Aquatic) 1

"Seems to me the locals are going to suspect us no matter what we do. 'sides, nothing says our break in has to be obvious, or even discovered. Don't seem like it gave your father any trouble."

Events afterwards may be different of course.


Female Tiefling Sumoner 1 | HP: 15 | AC: 15, T: 12, FF: 13 | Fort: +1, Ref: +2, Will: +4 | CMB: 0, CMD: 12 | Init: +2 |
Skills:
Perception +0 | Craft Alchemy +5, Escape Artist +4, Handle Animal +7, Intimidate +5, Kno: Arcana +5, Kno: Religion +5, Spellcraft +6, Use Magic Device +8

I thought this false crypt was supposedly unknown to the church? No, forgotten I thought the professor said...


Kendra purses her lips. "Perhaps the purpose of the crypt has been forgot, but I should think that any grave within the Restlands would be cared for equally. And with the altercation yesterday," she pauses and shakes her head. "Can you safely assume that there will be no church presence there?"


Arkadi frowns. "I dislike sneaking in the dark like some night creature, but you may be right. A little deception for their own good is not too dishonorable." He looks around at the others. "A quiet visit this dusk, then on to Harrowstone? I suggest you all come armed and ready, if you still wish a part of this."


Human Druid (Aquatic) 1

"Can we see in the dark? Mebbe go in late lookin' like we're mourners then head on over to this cache? What'd you tow find in the books today? Any idea on where we're supposed to look?"


Arkadi shifts uncomfortably before replying, "To be honest, yes, I can. But I'd prefer to have some idea what and where I'm looking before we set ourselves to this task."


Kendra gives a nod. "My father would not have rushed in blindly," she states, and glances at Levelle. "I regret that his notes as such do not point to his preparation to enter, I am certain that if they existed... they... might have been of further help to you," Kendra concludes softly, and returns to picking at her meal, as tough she has very little appetite.


Female Tiefling Sumoner 1 | HP: 15 | AC: 15, T: 12, FF: 13 | Fort: +1, Ref: +2, Will: +4 | CMB: 0, CMD: 12 | Init: +2 |
Skills:
Perception +0 | Craft Alchemy +5, Escape Artist +4, Handle Animal +7, Intimidate +5, Kno: Arcana +5, Kno: Religion +5, Spellcraft +6, Use Magic Device +8

Levelle tilts her head at Kendra for a moment and opens her mouth as though to speak. Thinking on it for a moment she closes her mouth and contemplates her meal.

Rising to approach the books Levelle speaks over her shoulder, Each of us is lost to a certain extent Kendra, just as each of us seek to push our knowledge further. There is no failure in knowing ones limits, only in believing that we have none...

Levelle skims the books on the shelf for a moment and emits a very slight squeal as she finds the tome she had been looking for. Levelle returns to the table, sets the book down and opens it with interest.

Harrowstone - Kno:Histroy w/ Library Bonus 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (8) + 10 = 18
Whispering Way-Kno:Arcana 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 21

Scrunching up her face as she reads the book, Levelle pushes it away from her. Nothing we don't already know.

Levelle steeples her finger for a moment and looks from Sandman to Arkadi a few times in succession. Perhaps we can skip the Pharasmin crypt for now and simply go to Harrowstone? The Professor, though talented, was no servant of the gods and they are typically better prepared for things such as ghosts and undead arts...perhaps we should simply go to ascertain threats, gather evidence and try this...Grimbrow after he has mollified the locals?


Human Druid (Aquatic) 1

"I've no skill at fighting ghosts and no wish to pass up an advantage because it's difficult. If the Professor found himself in want of these items I think we'd be well to heed his lesson."

After all, it's not as if the Professor made it.


Female Tiefling Sumoner 1 | HP: 15 | AC: 15, T: 12, FF: 13 | Fort: +1, Ref: +2, Will: +4 | CMB: 0, CMD: 12 | Init: +2 |
Skills:
Perception +0 | Craft Alchemy +5, Escape Artist +4, Handle Animal +7, Intimidate +5, Kno: Arcana +5, Kno: Religion +5, Spellcraft +6, Use Magic Device +8

Levelle tilts her head to the side at the oddly dressed Uriah, She offers a gesture with her hands as though to say "whatever works best, I don't care". Idly leafing through her book and then looking over to Kendra and then out to the group,I suppose one other important point of consideration is do we believe the Professor took the most valuable tools with him and who took them from him when he perished? They certainly didn't return here to the house with his other effects...I wonder, did the church reclaim their property when they attended to his body or did the Professors suspected killer rob him of these treasures?


Sandman sits, listening to the others with his head resting in the palm of his right hand, eyes closed, as if he could possibly be sleeping. Once there is a good pause in the conversation he lifts his head up and adds in his usual calm, sleepy tone... "Well, with the reluctance to assist us at the main church, I highly doubt that they will be willing to let us use anything from the cache, especially since we do not exactly know what it is we are looking for. Did the Professor note what these tools or weapons were exactly? Regardless if we did, We will probably be turned away. So we have to make a final decision. Do we help ourselves in the name of good? Or do we respect the rights of the Church of Pharasma to their property? Kendra's right, we have Sister Arianne on our side, looking into the manner and vouching for us. I'd rather have these tools and the church on our side, even if it is after whatever happens. Taking the tools now could very well turn us into fugitives and distract the church from the real problems at hand, not to mention throwing what Sister Arianne is doing for us back into her face. She is going against a senior clergyman's decision, and that shows alot of trust to me. In defense of the church, our position is all hypothetical, if we could get substantial evidence to prove our points to the church, they might be more willing to assist. Not that the Professor's passed on knowledge is circumstantial, it is just that a bunch of outsiders claiming that something bad is going to happen, and not being able to fully explain what or show any evidence isn't much to go on. If it was my church, I might not be so quick to dismiss it, but I wouldn't start handing out relics of the church to outsiders with what could be nothing more than an elaborate story. Although it will most likely be dangerous, I say we forget the cache and go for the Horrowstone. The Professor was killed, even with the supplies from the church, but he was one man, we are six."

Sandman raises a finger to add, "That being said, I am not opposed to the idea of going to the cache, and if that is the decided plan, then I am willing to do my part. If we choose this action, I say we go at night and try to sneak in. In the event we are found out, we can say we are visiting a relative of ours or something. I have no problem seeing at night, due to my... orcish ancestry. And, If we do do this, I demand that these items are returned to the church after we have finished our mission."


Female Tiefling Sumoner 1 | HP: 15 | AC: 15, T: 12, FF: 13 | Fort: +1, Ref: +2, Will: +4 | CMB: 0, CMD: 12 | Init: +2 |
Skills:
Perception +0 | Craft Alchemy +5, Escape Artist +4, Handle Animal +7, Intimidate +5, Kno: Arcana +5, Kno: Religion +5, Spellcraft +6, Use Magic Device +8

The Professor used the colloquial and equally unhelpful word "tools" to describe what he took....otherwise I am fine with whatever tactics the party chooses... Levelle looks over to Kendra to ascertain her feelings about potential skullduggery.

Sense Motive (Untrained): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5 Man I can't roll that skill for nothing!


Since no one has objected to Sandman's flying by the seat of the pants investigating by night plan, changed spells prepared, or asked Kendra to join...

The party, sans the brothers, who have decided that they would prefer to spend the evening catering to Mistress Kendra's needs while you investigate moves towards the Restlands in the failing light. Those of you who have the cantrip Light are likely intelligent enough to cast it on some object where its effect might be directed, and shielded from plain view, simply to light your path, if you cannot see in the dark.

As you cross the small stream to the west of the Lorrimor residence, retracing your path to the Temple of Pharasma as directed by Kendra to avoid the town center and detection by the residents, you recognize that in this hamlet, true dark is very likely to bring just that. Stout tallow candles have been placed over the remains of several more in crudely cleaned lanterns placed on the four corners of the small bridge, but the light that they give off is just enough to keep the average resident from slipping and falling. You suspect that any who travel this way by dark have either become accustomed to bringing their own methods of illumination, or they simply do not pass this way by dark. The narrow covered bridge spanning the river is similarly lit, and also at every 15 paces within, although the breee coming off the river causes the flame to flicker and dance and casts almost diabolic shadows on the walls as you cross, an uncomfortable reminder of the close quarters, every creek in the timbers beneath your feet and the rapids awaiting you beneath. You feel a profound sense of relief when you exit the space, and after a few paces you happen to look back, you will see naught but that which you saw in the comforts of the daylight, a narrow covered bridge.

Out amongst the fields, you begin to recognize that in this hamlet, very little stirs as dark approaches. The residences, and indeed the temple are well lit, the former producing an impressive display of multi-hued light streaming through its stained glass window. If any remain within, you have not the occasion to hear or see them. The temple's head, its priests and servants are nestled in safely for the evening, theirs is but a beacon for the injured and the weary, a vague promise of hospitality should it be required.

Shortly before exiting the town, you pass a stately residence from which sounds an happy tune only vaguely enjoyable. A decidedly masculine laugh quickly follows, as if jeering, and then a period of silence. You pause to hear some manner of resolution and are rewarded by a feminine giggle and sigh, lovers reconciling in the night.

The path to the Restlands is narrow, its western flank is obscured by tall trees meant to provide some manner of privacy, for its occupants or them that come to visit them, you cannot help but wonder as you progress. You see no one on this path save for yourselves, but still you stop well outside the gates at Arkadi's insistence, and wait for what seems an eternity as your valiant knight scouts ahead a ways to ensure that your task is not to be interrupted.

GM Screen:

Arkadi Perception 1d20 ⇒ 12
Arkadi Stealth 1d20 + 2 - 4 ⇒ (9) + 2 - 4 = 7

He returns and shakes his head, reporting that he could see no one and you continue inside, the gravel of the Black Path crunching beneath your boots, in the stillness of the night heralding your every movement, the sound reverberating off the headstones on the graves here. Your lights spill and fall off them as you progress, casting shadows which almost seem to follow you, accusing you as you progress.

There, at the intersection of the Black Path and the Eversleep is a granite mausoleum, its roof decorated with a pair of leering gargoyle states. As you lift your lanterns, their lifeless stone eyes seem to glare down at you, a grisly reminder of the Professor's last moments. A single door with a rusty lock sits in its south facade.

Perception DC 12:

The lock is broken, its clasp melted by acid and then put back into place, appearing to casual observation that it is still intact


Female Tiefling Sumoner 1 | HP: 15 | AC: 15, T: 12, FF: 13 | Fort: +1, Ref: +2, Will: +4 | CMB: 0, CMD: 12 | Init: +2 |
Skills:
Perception +0 | Craft Alchemy +5, Escape Artist +4, Handle Animal +7, Intimidate +5, Kno: Arcana +5, Kno: Religion +5, Spellcraft +6, Use Magic Device +8

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16

Levelle follows the group with a wary eye to the darkness and a calm gait. Crunching along the path Levelle occasionally pauses and cocks her head to the side as though a voice in the distance is calling or a though has suddenly interrupted her train of thought. Levelle carries Kiire in one arm, idly thankful for the foxes warmth and cautious of letting the fox walk the path even within eyesight, this Ustalav was a place of odd sensation and stimuli.

Coming upon the granite mausoleum, Levelle sets the fox down. Elvish Stay close troublemaker. We are to be wary, cautious. Not bold. Tell me if you sense something. Levelle passes her hand over the foxes head in affection.

Looking at the door Levell catches the lock at the right angle. In her singsong voice she leans towards the others and whispers. This lock has been tampered with via acid of some sort. It appears intact but I would doubt that is true. Levelle makes no move towards the door or the lock.


Perception 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20

Sandman takes a good long look at the place, and stifles a yawn before saying; "Well... Now is the moment of truth, my friends. Once we walk through this threshold, we are trespassers. But it does appear that someone was here before us, uninvited. Hopefully only the professor..."


Arkadi waves a hand dismissively. "We are doing what is needed. If there must be an accounting later, I will stand by the righteousness of our actions." He steps forward and lifts the locks aside to allow entrance. "Let us not tarry. The night is not our friend, even here."


You open the doors of the crypt and the similarly rusted hinges give not just resistance, but scream in the stillness of the night, echoing off the headstones in a near cacophony. If you had heard any insects chirping in the night, they would have been silenced by the report, but instead all is still, however you are a good deal more wary.

Your lights spill over a short flight of stairs into a small chamber, reflecting off a surreal display of dust swirling before you, as though the small building took a breath when you opened its doors.

Perception DC 15:

In the heavy collection of dust on the floor, you find but one set of footprints.

Survival DC 18:

You can follow the single set of footprints further into the crypt.

The Crypt

In addition to your actions, please indicate where your character might place themselves when you enter, and a preference of color for your tokens. I will keep track of this on the information page.


Female Tiefling Sumoner 1 | HP: 15 | AC: 15, T: 12, FF: 13 | Fort: +1, Ref: +2, Will: +4 | CMB: 0, CMD: 12 | Init: +2 |
Skills:
Perception +0 | Craft Alchemy +5, Escape Artist +4, Handle Animal +7, Intimidate +5, Kno: Arcana +5, Kno: Religion +5, Spellcraft +6, Use Magic Device +8

Can I rock an orange token? I'll be in the middle as middle can get. Frail frail frail frail!

Perception 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20
Survival: Untrained 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18

Levelle casts "Light" on the end of her staff. Seeing the dust she will scoop Kiire up into her other arm. Oh look! Footprints. Levelle points them out and their direction with her lighted staff. And they go...that way...


I'll take point, and a red token please. Perception of 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (19) + 9 = 28 and Survival of 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23.

Arkadi glances down and nods. "Indeed. One set. Presumably the Professor's, but we should still be on our guard." Drawing his sword and shield for comfort he leads the way down, following the footprints forward.


Human Druid (Aquatic) 1

Brown star in D3 please

Perception 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19
Survival 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23

"Reckon we should watch it. These tracks are probably fresh."

Uriah has his gun out and loaded, watching the area for any traps.


"Well now, at least we don't need to worry about being quiet anymore..." Seeing the others pull weapons, Sandman readies his shield and morning star.

Perception 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11
Survival 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13

I think I will go with blue so it stands out more. I might have to start referring to Arkadi as "red leader" though! Place Sandman at 3e.


As you enter, and Levelle's light fills the chamber, you see that the crypt is curiously empty, devoid of occupants. Two large candelabras flank the small chamber, the tallow that once stood in them gone to dust decades ago. Arkadi, the professor's footprints lead you through the arched opening at D7. All that remains of the carved edifice of this interior wall is a faint outline and assorted debris scattered at the foot.

Following in the Professor's footsteps, the party progresses forward through the crypt. The second chamber holds what little remains of what must have been ornate tapestries at one period in time, worn and mostly consumed by whatever creatures might have visited here in since the building's dedication. A wide staircase descends further into the earth...

Arkadi and Sandman:

From your positions, you can trace the outlines of what appears to be an altar within, or perhaps, given the setting a sarcophagus

Current Positions

If you would like me to rearrange, I can do that, obviously. Looking for a marching order down the staircase, essentially.


As a reminder, I do have both Darkvision and Low Light Vision.

Arkadi utters two shorts prayers. One to Iomedae to ward his path, one to Pharasma to forgive his trespass in the name of greater need. Those done he advances down the stairs, still following hte footprints.


Female Tiefling Sumoner 1 | HP: 15 | AC: 15, T: 12, FF: 13 | Fort: +1, Ref: +2, Will: +4 | CMB: 0, CMD: 12 | Init: +2 |
Skills:
Perception +0 | Craft Alchemy +5, Escape Artist +4, Handle Animal +7, Intimidate +5, Kno: Arcana +5, Kno: Religion +5, Spellcraft +6, Use Magic Device +8

between sandman and uriah would suit me fine.


Sandman starts to chant a soft prayer of his own.

"~The Light of Desna surrounds him.
The Love of Desna enfolds him.
The Power of Desna protects him.
The Presence of Desna watches over him.
The Mind of Desna guides him.
The Life of Desna flows through him.
The Laws of Desna direct him.
The Power of Desna abides within him.
The Joy of Desna uplifts him.
The Strength of Desna renews him.
The Beauty of Desna inspires him.
Wherever he is, so is Desna!~"

With that his left hand glows a soft silvery glow, and he places it on Arkadi's shoulder as the small glow seems to poor from withing Sandman's hand into Arkadi's body, quickly dissipating as it spreads. "A little assistance from the mother of dreams, just in case. There is an alter, or maybe a sarcophagus below." He says as he follows them down.

Guidance on Arkadi for 1 minute.


Current PositionsAgain, let me know if you would like me to reposition

You travel down the stairs, stirring greater and greater amounts of dust, so that it appears like a miasma in Levelle's light. Kiire sneezes several times, and the sound reverberates off the stone in several locations, causing you to cringe.

Perception DC 15:

The further down you get into the crypt, the more you notice that the building is in disrepair. There are several large cracks in the stairwell, and more in the sarcophagus room, and the floors are littered with debris.

In the dust on the lid of the sarcophagus is a clear impression of what you assume to be the professor's handprints, suggesting that it would be exceedingly simple to push the lid open and access the hidden cache.


General Perception 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17

Arkadi looks around disapprovingly. "This place has not been well tended to. I don't believe it's been tended to at all, actually. I can easily believe it's been forgotten by it's former caretakers." He kneels down next to the sarcophagus and inspects it carefully for hidden dangers before he opens it.

Checking for traps or hidden dangers, 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (19) + 9 = 28. If none are found and no other PC objects, Arkadi will open it.


Human Druid (Aquatic) 1

Perception +7 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15

Uriah sheathes his pistol in the holster on his belt, pulling his coat close again.

"You're right Arkadi, nobody has been here in a spell."

Something don't sit right about this.


Perception 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

"By all means, go ahead. Hopefully the professor has left a clue for us in there as well..."


Female Tiefling Sumoner 1 | HP: 15 | AC: 15, T: 12, FF: 13 | Fort: +1, Ref: +2, Will: +4 | CMB: 0, CMD: 12 | Init: +2 |
Skills:
Perception +0 | Craft Alchemy +5, Escape Artist +4, Handle Animal +7, Intimidate +5, Kno: Arcana +5, Kno: Religion +5, Spellcraft +6, Use Magic Device +8

Perception 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10

As the fox sneezes Levelle squeezes the fox gently. Not quite the wood glade or the well kept library I know Levelle looks about the area. A somber place indeed. Master Arkadi proceed with your action.


The lid of the sarcophagus slides back with little inducement, displacing a good deal of mortar turned to something like ash, and even more dust. It coats the cache of tools the Professor either in his haste, or good sense, left behind.

Within you find two quivers (one containing a dozen arrows, and another containing almost the full twenty), six flasks, seven potion vials, 4 scrolls and a thin darkwood case decorated with an image of a scarab with a single eye glaring from its back.

GM Screen:

Giant Centipede Stealth 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (16) + 10 = 26

Perception DC 26:

You hear from behind you a queer slithering, like the sound of several hundred feet and leather armor brushing across the stone...

Please state your actions and whether or not you are comfortable with where you are currently placed, assuming that you do not know what is contained below...

Current Map

Initative!

The Party

Levelle 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18
Uriah 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16
Sandman 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19
Arkadi 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22

The Enemy

Giant Centipede 1 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22
Giant Centipede 2 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19

Levelle, I assume that Kiire will act on your initiative, if at all


Human Druid (Aquatic) 1

Perception 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9

Round 1 Init 16

Status:

HP = 11
AC = 16
+3 Fort, +5 Ref, +3 Will
Ammo:
..Paper Cartridges 10/10
..Black Powder 10/10, Firearm Bullet 10/10
Weapon Equipped = None
Speed = 30' (20')
Grit = 3
Status Effects = None

Failed my Perception so no action in the surprise round. Without knowing what they're going to do I don't know how I'm going to react. Probably easiest in the future if you roll our Preceptions for surprise round?

Uriah steps back and draws his pistol again.

"More exciting than I planned after all."

Pistol Point Blank +5
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 81d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

Well I doubt they have an 8 touch AC.


Most of it was allow you to roll, and you could tell me whether or not you would be placed on the map where you are now at the same time, then I'd start the combat proper. Didn't want anyone feeling short changed like "My character wouldn't be standing with their back to the action when we were clearly investigating the sarcophagus!" :P


Perception 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (17) + 9 = 26

Arkadi spins around and barks out, "Danger behind us!" He hurries to block the stairs and protect the others.

If there's no surprise round then Arkadi will reclaim his sword and shield then move to E11 to protect the others. If the successful Perception check means I get to act in the surprise round, then Arkadi will use that action to reclaim his sword and shield. In the first round he'll move to E11 and ready an action to strike the first enemy that comes in range. Should it be needed that attack is 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11 for 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4 damage.


Female Tiefling Sumoner 1 | HP: 15 | AC: 15, T: 12, FF: 13 | Fort: +1, Ref: +2, Will: +4 | CMB: 0, CMD: 12 | Init: +2 |
Skills:
Perception +0 | Craft Alchemy +5, Escape Artist +4, Handle Animal +7, Intimidate +5, Kno: Arcana +5, Kno: Religion +5, Spellcraft +6, Use Magic Device +8

Perception 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

Levelle is slow to respond as she is consumed with peering into the sarcophagus. Hearing Arkadi's cry of warning, Levelle steps away from the perceived danger, drops Kiire and casts Mage Armor on herself. In Elven Stay next to the sarcophagus little one, out of danger


Perception 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8

"What's happening?"

Sandman readies an action to attack anything hostile if it comes in range.


Surprise Round

Arkadi's warning could scarcely prepare you for the horror that marches towards you on several pairs of legs, one for each segment of two thin creatures with chitinous armor and menacing jaws almost rolling forward from the dim light created by Levelle's Light spell, into the full effect, reflecting off their compound eyes in a frightful display.

Round 1

Centipede 1 bite attack vs. Levelle AC 10 FF 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16 if it hits it will deal 1d6 - 1 ⇒ (5) - 1 = 4 damage and poison.

Rising on several pairs of hind legs, the centipede at E11 twists its body and angles its jaws to bite Levelle's shoulder. If it were even remotely human the display might be considered perverse.

Current Map

Arkadi, your action please.

Levelle, on your initiative you may make a Fortitude Saving Throw DC 13 to negate the effects of the poison


Female Tiefling Sumoner 1 | HP: 15 | AC: 15, T: 12, FF: 13 | Fort: +1, Ref: +2, Will: +4 | CMB: 0, CMD: 12 | Init: +2 |
Skills:
Perception +0 | Craft Alchemy +5, Escape Artist +4, Handle Animal +7, Intimidate +5, Kno: Arcana +5, Kno: Religion +5, Spellcraft +6, Use Magic Device +8

My assumption is that I did not get to act in the surprise round due to my poor perception, so that is a hit because I won't get MA up until round 1. I need to pre-plan better >_<

Levelle lets out a shocked scream from the pain of the grasping maw of the centipede closing over her shoulder.

Just to get this out of the way, Fort Save: 1d20 ⇒ 3

Levelle pitches on her feet lazily struggling to keep her footing in the face of the beast before her. I am ...feeling...quite...unwell...

Pretty sure I have some Dex damage coming my way if my GM monster memory is correct...*sigh* Being a wizard is hard.


Aye, Levelle. It is good to remember that your armor spells might be useful in a dungeon crawl. And I gave ample opportunity and prompting that things might be a bit untoward as well :P

Levelle fails her fortitude save and the centipede's poison does 1d3 ⇒ 1 Dexterity damage.


Cursing himself for being too slow to protect his companions, Arkadi circles for a clear strike. His anger fills him with a divine wrath and he lets out a shout as his thrusts at the monster.

Sorry if I was stacking too many actions at first. Some GMs want lots of stuff pre-done, I'm having to remind myself which game is which style. Anyway, move to G11, activating Judgment for +1 damage bonus, attacking the centipede in F11. Attack is 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16 for 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10 damage on a hit.

201 to 250 of 455 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Aria & the Mystery Machine Investigate The Haunting of Harrowstone All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.