Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Starfinder


Pathfinder Society


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Paizo.com Gift Certificates
On Sale and Clearance!

GM Aosrax [PFS] Emerald Spire 1

Game Master Aosrax


51 to 93 of 93 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | next > last >>
Sovereign Court

Resources:
Spells 1: 5/5
Blackened Lore Oracle 1 | HP 4/11 | AC 18, T 15, FF 13, CMD 6 | F+3, R+5, W+0 (+7 vs. charm and compulsion) | Init +7 | Perception -2

Encara nods "As long as it doesn't rain I'll be fine."

Grand Lodge

ES1 map

The group heads out of Fort Inevitable, and heads towards the forest. They are able to easily locate the trail that leads to the spire, and they set into a moderate place. After a few miles, Encara notices that the clouds have turned grey, and before long a steady rain takes shape. However this does not seem to faze the party as they gather their thoughts about their mission. After about another hour, they come to the base of the spire,

I'll need to know your final marching order, how you want to approach, and what kind of lighsource you will be using.

Sovereign Court

Resources:
Spells 1: 5/5
Blackened Lore Oracle 1 | HP 4/11 | AC 18, T 15, FF 13, CMD 6 | F+3, R+5, W+0 (+7 vs. charm and compulsion) | Init +7 | Perception -2

Encara frowns as the weather turns worse.

Encara is happy anywhere but in front and will likely be providing light via a spell.

Sovereign Court

Male Human Alchemist(Dimensional Excavator/Promethean Alchemist/Royal Alchemist) 1 (AC 15/11/14; HP 9/9; Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +0; Init +3; CMD 15; Perception +7)

I think that it is safe to assume that our Barbarian and Cavalier want to be up front. Gaius is happy to be in the second rank, since he uses a reach weapon.

Grand Lodge

ES1 map

The stone staircase that led up to the tower’s door is now nothing more than a rubble-strewn cliff. On the tower’s south side, a dirt path winds up the steep embankment to a pitch-black doorway.

Grand Lodge

Male Human (Azlanti) Bard (Duettist) 2 | HP 17/17 | AC 14, T 11, FF 13 CMD 10 | Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +3 | Init +8* | Perc +5 | SM +8/9 | Spells Remaining: level 1 3/3 | Bardic Performance Rounds 9/12

Constantin is also happy to be in the second rank, with a light spell cast on his Flag. He also has another casting of light that he's happy to keep up for another character if needed.

Dark Archive

13/13 Max || AC:15 T:11 FF:14 CMD:14 || Fort:+3 Refl:+1 Will:+2 || Init:+3 Perception:+4 || Lawful Neutral Male Human Inquisitor (Living Grimoire) (1) || Hand of the Acolyte 6/6

Mathos will bring up the rear, behind Gaius and Constantin.

Grand Lodge

ES1 map

You are now approaching the front gates. Marching order is set, and light sources have been identified, but not activated. You will need to tell me when you decide to activate it. Those that have not identified a light source are counting of their party members. How do you want to proceed?

Dark Archive

13/13 Max || AC:15 T:11 FF:14 CMD:14 || Fort:+3 Refl:+1 Will:+2 || Init:+3 Perception:+4 || Lawful Neutral Male Human Inquisitor (Living Grimoire) (1) || Hand of the Acolyte 6/6

Mathos looks around trying to identify any sources of danger.

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20

Grand Lodge

Male Human (Azlanti) Bard (Duettist) 2 | HP 17/17 | AC 14, T 11, FF 13 CMD 10 | Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +3 | Init +8* | Perc +5 | SM +8/9 | Spells Remaining: level 1 3/3 | Bardic Performance Rounds 9/12

Oh Constantin almost always has his banner shining. That's just good branding :p

Sovereign Court

Sir Kibble:
HP: 13/13 | AC: 17/13/14 | CMD: 15 | F: +5, R: +5, W: +1 | Speed: 35' | Perception: +5 (Low-light vision; Scent) | Init: +2
Male Gnome cavalier (Emissary) 1 | HP: 12/12 | AC: 20/12/19 | CMD: 13 | F: +4, R: +1, W: -1 | Spd: 20' | Per: +1 (Low-light vision) | Init :+1 | Challenge: 1/1 | Eternal Hope: 1/1 | Wand CLW 50/50

Although Lord Braggett has no problem with a drop of rain, he does hate the way it makes Sir Kibble smell of... Well, wet dog. "Onwards into the darkness my friends." He trots off at the vanguard of the formation, lead by the light of Constantine's flag.

Perception: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

Lord Braggett will go straight through the gates if possible, merrily looking for signs of goblins

Grand Lodge

male half-orc barbarian 1 | HP 8/14 (10/16), rage 5/7 | AC 19, T 13, FF 16 | F +6, R +5, W +2 | CMB +5, CMD 18 | Spd 30' | Perc +4 | Init +5

Krudenk is very comfortable leading the party into dangerous territory- after all, this is what he was raised for. He keeps his Lucerne hammer at the ready as the approach the main gates, looking all around for signs of danger.

I have darkvision.

perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

Grand Lodge

ES1 map

As the party approaches, it looks eerily quiet. Out of the silence the party soon hears a small voice "Quickly, big creatures, they coming, you come help!" Still unable to see inside the keep due to the terrain, an arrow flies out of the darkness towards Lord Braggett, but misses.

Arrow vs AC: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7

Initiative:

Goblins: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10
Encara: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22
Constantin: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9
Braggett: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
Krudenk: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11
Mathos: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11
Gaius: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

Combat Round 1

Encara
Krudenk (Darkvision)
Mathos
Goblins
Constantin (Light Spell)
Gaius
Braggett/Mr. Kibbles (-1 to Kibbles)

In bold may act

As the group moves forward, another arrow comes out of the front entrance connecting with Mr. Kibbles.

Arrow vs Mr Kibbles: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25
Crit Confirm: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7
Arrow Dmg: 1d4 ⇒ 1

This combat has some special rules. Since nobody has movement to get to the door except Krudenk, I'll explain in the next round. Also, nobody will have line of sight for ranged except Krudenk if he doesn't double move.

Dark Archive

13/13 Max || AC:15 T:11 FF:14 CMD:14 || Fort:+3 Refl:+1 Will:+2 || Init:+3 Perception:+4 || Lawful Neutral Male Human Inquisitor (Living Grimoire) (1) || Hand of the Acolyte 6/6

In the interest of getting out of the rain of arrows that is clearly forthcoming Mathos makes a run for the keep doors. He clutches the book to his chest and huddles protectively over it as he moves.

Double move, 40 feet

Grand Lodge

male half-orc barbarian 1 | HP 8/14 (10/16), rage 5/7 | AC 19, T 13, FF 16 | F +6, R +5, W +2 | CMB +5, CMD 18 | Spd 30' | Perc +4 | Init +5

Krudenk hustles to the door, ready to swipe at anything he sees with an arrow inside.

lucerne hammer-power attack: 1d20 + 6 - 1 ⇒ (7) + 6 - 1 = 12
damage+pa: 1d12 + 6 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 6 + 3 = 12

Sovereign Court

Resources:
Spells 1: 5/5
Blackened Lore Oracle 1 | HP 4/11 | AC 18, T 15, FF 13, CMD 6 | F+3, R+5, W+0 (+7 vs. charm and compulsion) | Init +7 | Perception -2

Encara moves up cautiously.

single move and total defense. AC = 22

Sovereign Court

Sir Kibble:
HP: 13/13 | AC: 17/13/14 | CMD: 15 | F: +5, R: +5, W: +1 | Speed: 35' | Perception: +5 (Low-light vision; Scent) | Init: +2
Male Gnome cavalier (Emissary) 1 | HP: 12/12 | AC: 20/12/19 | CMD: 13 | F: +4, R: +1, W: -1 | Spd: 20' | Per: +1 (Low-light vision) | Init :+1 | Challenge: 1/1 | Eternal Hope: 1/1 | Wand CLW 50/50

"Haha! That's the way Krudenk." Lord Braggett unsheathes a flaming sword which casts a flickering shadow of an enthusiastic Gnome on to the embankment "Sir Kibble, Away!" He yells, and the go tearing towards the gate ready to strike down any pesky Goblins on the way.

Actions & Rolls:
Double move for Kibble.

Move action to draw longsword, standard to attack if possible, immediate action in response to an attack on Kibble to discount it.

Atk. Longsword: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24 +1 for mounted (higher ground) if the goblins are on foot, another +1 if within range of flagbearer.
Dmg. Slashing: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6 +1 if within range of flagbearer.
Confirm crit: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20
Extra damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
Ride check, ignore hit to Kibble: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25 Mounted combat feat, first time Kibble is hit (DC opponents attack roll)

Grand Lodge

Male Human (Azlanti) Bard (Duettist) 2 | HP 17/17 | AC 14, T 11, FF 13 CMD 10 | Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +3 | Init +8* | Perc +5 | SM +8/9 | Spells Remaining: level 1 3/3 | Bardic Performance Rounds 9/12

Constantin advances cautiously, straining his eyes to catch sight of the villainous archers.

Move & Full Defense

Grand Lodge

ES1 map

Combat Round 2

Encara
Krudenk (Darkvision)
Mathos
Goblins
Constantin (Light Spell)
Gaius
Braggett/Mr. Kibbles

In bold may act

So here is where we talk about the special rules. This is a major spoiler, but because this is PbP, there is really no other way to do it. Remember that you are playing your characters as they would play and understand this. There are special lighting rules for the entire ES1. Krudenk can see normally as he has dark vision. Those without a light source on them are blind. If you have a light source, you can only see in a 5' radius around you. Anything beyond the 5-foot area is darkness. Ranged combat and melee attacks with reach have a 50% miss chance unless the attacker has darkvision. Creatures without dark vision take a –4 penalty on Perception checks that rely on sight. However if you can't see, you have no idea what you are fighting. Unfortunately, there is no way to counter this. As nobody was able to reach the entrance on round one, none of the parties attacks went off as they can't see what they are fighting. And the green rubble is difficult terrain.

Grand Lodge

Male Human (Azlanti) Bard (Duettist) 2 | HP 17/17 | AC 14, T 11, FF 13 CMD 10 | Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +3 | Init +8* | Perc +5 | SM +8/9 | Spells Remaining: level 1 3/3 | Bardic Performance Rounds 9/12

Moving cautiously by the light of his flag, Constantin continues around the corner, Krudenk may be our best hope in this gloom.

March on, brave Krudenk, fight unto the last!

And just to make sure I understand the lighting. This means that everyone can see me without problems from the darkness since I'm carrying a light source and am myself illuminated, even though the light source doesn't illuminate any spaces farther than 5' away?

I'm granting a +1 competence bonus on attack rolls and damage rolls to allies that can hear me, and a +1 morale bonus on attack rolls and damage rolls to allies that can see me. Either one will also give you a +1 morale bonus vs. fear and charm.

Dark Archive

13/13 Max || AC:15 T:11 FF:14 CMD:14 || Fort:+3 Refl:+1 Will:+2 || Init:+3 Perception:+4 || Lawful Neutral Male Human Inquisitor (Living Grimoire) (1) || Hand of the Acolyte 6/6

Mathos stumbles along trying to get inside as quickly as possible. Hopefully the arrows stop when he gets there.

Double move

Grand Lodge

ES1 map

Because of the nature of the darkness, no Constantin, they cannot see you through the darkness unless they are in your 5' radius. They can hear you if you are inspiring courage. I will need to know what performance you are doing, and when you started with your SA.

Also, as a reminder, you won't know about the magic darkness until you pass through the gates and "figure it out". I just had to give the spoiler so I can place the tokens

Grand Lodge

Male Human (Azlanti) Bard (Duettist) 2 | HP 17/17 | AC 14, T 11, FF 13 CMD 10 | Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +3 | Init +8* | Perc +5 | SM +8/9 | Spells Remaining: level 1 3/3 | Bardic Performance Rounds 9/12

Just started and Oratory

Grand Lodge

male half-orc barbarian 1 | HP 8/14 (10/16), rage 5/7 | AC 19, T 13, FF 16 | F +6, R +5, W +2 | CMB +5, CMD 18 | Spd 30' | Perc +4 | Init +5

Krudenk moves forward, spotting a pair of foes in front of him. He immediately attacks, shouting, "This way lads! Do not fear the darkness!" repeatedly to try to provide his party a direction in the dark.

lucerne hammer+inspire-pa: 1d20 + 6 + 1 - 1 ⇒ (3) + 6 + 1 - 1 = 9
damage+inspire+pa: 1d12 + 6 + 1 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 6 + 1 + 3 = 21

Sovereign Court

Resources:
Spells 1: 5/5
Blackened Lore Oracle 1 | HP 4/11 | AC 18, T 15, FF 13, CMD 6 | F+3, R+5, W+0 (+7 vs. charm and compulsion) | Init +7 | Perception -2

With the fight moving rapidly past him Encara throws caution to the wind and double moves forward, struggling to see through the gates.

Nervously he shouts back to Krudenk "We're Coming! What do you see?"

Grand Lodge

ES1 map

Encore hears arrows whiz past him as he closes the distance to the keep. Krudenk seeing the vile creatures inside the keep steps forward with his hammer, but misses wildly. Seeing an opening, two of the creatures fire arrows at Encara. From the darkness you hear "You get em doggies. Chew his leg off!" The dogs charge forward to attack Krudenk, but miss. Another arrow flies at Encara finding home. Meanwhile, the rest of the party moves towards the entrance.

Ranged Attack vs Encara : 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20
1d4 ⇒ 4
Ranged Attack vs Encara: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19
1d4 ⇒ 1
Melee Attack vs Krudenk: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
Melee Attack vs Krudenk: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Ranged Attack vs Encara: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18
1d4 ⇒ 2

Combat Round 1

Encara (-7)
Krudenk (Darkvision)
Mathos
Goblins
Constantin (Light Spell)
Gaius
Braggett/Mr. Kibbles

In bold may act

Sovereign Court

Sir Kibble:
HP: 13/13 | AC: 17/13/14 | CMD: 15 | F: +5, R: +5, W: +1 | Speed: 35' | Perception: +5 (Low-light vision; Scent) | Init: +2
Male Gnome cavalier (Emissary) 1 | HP: 12/12 | AC: 20/12/19 | CMD: 13 | F: +4, R: +1, W: -1 | Spd: 20' | Per: +1 (Low-light vision) | Init :+1 | Challenge: 1/1 | Eternal Hope: 1/1 | Wand CLW 50/50

Lord Braggett charges through the gate at Krudenk's side, heedless of the darkness beyond "Pfft! As if I could ever be afeared of a little darkn-" The total blackness takes him by surprise and he practically runs into the strange doglike creature in front of him. By the light of his sword, he makes out the enemy and swings his sword valiantly while Kibble attempts to do some savaging of his own.

rolls:

Kibbles attack on goblin
Atk. Bite: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13
Dmg.: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
Free trip attempt on hit: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

Braggetts attack on dog thing, have to pass ride check DC 10 first.

Ride, Atk. with Kibble|10: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20

Atk. Longsword; Inspire courage: 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 4 + 1 = 12
Dmg. Slashing; Inspire courage: 1d6 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 2 + 1 = 9

Immediate action for the first time Kibble is hit, if the roll is higher than opponents attack roll, then the attack is ignored.

Ride, Mounted combat: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23

I'm assuming that the nature of the darkness means we don't get the benefits of the flagbearer feat. Is that right?

Sovereign Court

Male Human Alchemist(Dimensional Excavator/Promethean Alchemist/Royal Alchemist) 1 (AC 15/11/14; HP 9/9; Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +0; Init +3; CMD 15; Perception +7)

Gaius hustles forward.

Double Move.

Grand Lodge

ES1 map

Yes Lord Braggett, you have to be able to see the banner, and in this specific scenario you can't see more than 5' radius around you. If he is standing right next to you, you would be able to see him.

Gaius moves forward, and Braggett charges in. His wolf misses, as does his attack with his sword.

Combat Round 3

Encara (-7)
Krudenk (Darkvision)
Mathos
Orange
Green
Blue
Red
Pink
Constantin (Light Spell)
Gaius
Braggett/Mr. Kibbles (Continuous Flame)

In bold may act

Sovereign Court

Sir Kibble:
HP: 13/13 | AC: 17/13/14 | CMD: 15 | F: +5, R: +5, W: +1 | Speed: 35' | Perception: +5 (Low-light vision; Scent) | Init: +2
Male Gnome cavalier (Emissary) 1 | HP: 12/12 | AC: 20/12/19 | CMD: 13 | F: +4, R: +1, W: -1 | Spd: 20' | Per: +1 (Low-light vision) | Init :+1 | Challenge: 1/1 | Eternal Hope: 1/1 | Wand CLW 50/50

A little disappointed that neither he or Sir Kibble hit their targets, Lord Braggett decides to concentrate their attacks on the same target "Ha! That was just a warning shot..." He says as he takes another swing "Take that!"

Rolls:
Kibbles attack on goblin

Atk. Bite: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8
Dmg.: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
Free trip attempt on hit: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

Braggetts attack on goblin, have to pass ride check DC 10 first.

Ride, Atk. with Kibble|10: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15

Atk. Longsword; Inspire courage: 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 4 + 1 = 7 +1 more if it is a goblin, because it is small.
Dmg. Slashing; Inspire courage: 1d6 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 2 + 1 = 8

Immediate action for the first time Kibble is hit, if the roll is higher than opponents attack roll, then the attack is ignored.

Ride, Mounted combat: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23


Eck, what terrible rolls!

Sovereign Court

Resources:
Spells 1: 5/5
Blackened Lore Oracle 1 | HP 4/11 | AC 18, T 15, FF 13, CMD 6 | F+3, R+5, W+0 (+7 vs. charm and compulsion) | Init +7 | Perception -2

Hearing combat, but not seeing it, Encara will draw and activate his wand of Bless, before dropping prone in an attempt to avoid any more arrows.

draw and activate bless wand and then drop prone.

Grand Lodge

Male Human (Azlanti) Bard (Duettist) 2 | HP 17/17 | AC 14, T 11, FF 13 CMD 10 | Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +3 | Init +8* | Perc +5 | SM +8/9 | Spells Remaining: level 1 3/3 | Bardic Performance Rounds 9/12

Constantin dashes forward, continuing his inspirational oration.

Accursed dark that hides our vill'nous foes,
depart, make haste, else great our wroth will grow!

Double Move continuing IC, Krudenk, Lord Braggett and Sir Kibble should now be able to see me.

Dark Archive

13/13 Max || AC:15 T:11 FF:14 CMD:14 || Fort:+3 Refl:+1 Will:+2 || Init:+3 Perception:+4 || Lawful Neutral Male Human Inquisitor (Living Grimoire) (1) || Hand of the Acolyte 6/6

Mathos causes his book to glow casting light on my tome and he moves further along the tunnel, now able to see slightly.

Grand Lodge

male half-orc barbarian 1 | HP 8/14 (10/16), rage 5/7 | AC 19, T 13, FF 16 | F +6, R +5, W +2 | CMB +5, CMD 18 | Spd 30' | Perc +4 | Init +5

Krudenk shouts back, "There are three goblins here with a pair of accursed dogs. Braggett and I are holding the doorway but he's mostly just flailing around." He doesn't mention his own inability to strike, figuring the darkness is his ally in that sense. He flies into a rage, determined not to let them get the best of him. He takes a step backwards and swings at the dog in front of him.

lucerne hammer+bless+inspire courage+rage-power attack: 1d20 + 6 + 1 + 1 + 2 - 1 ⇒ (17) + 6 + 1 + 1 + 2 - 1 = 26
damage+inspire+rage+power attack: 1d12 + 6 + 1 + 2 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 6 + 1 + 2 + 3 = 16

Grand Lodge

ES1 map

Encore draws a wand and casts a spell helping his allies. Krudenk moves a step back 10 feet due to difficult terrain drawing an AoO.

Dog AoO vs AC 17: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18
Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
Krudenk Fort Save vs DC12: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13

The dog connects with a vicious bite, but Krudenk is able to shake it off and slams his hammer into the dog. He connects and the dog's head explodes, blood and bits of brain and skull covering Lord Braggett, his wolf and the wall. The goblins attack.

Orange melee vs Braggett: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9
Green melee vs Braggett: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
Red Ranged vs Krudenk: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22
Dmg: 1d4 ⇒ 1
Blue bite vs Krudenk: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21
1d6 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5 Krudenk Fort save DC 12

Orange attacks Braggett but misses, as does green. Red fires an arrow at Krudenk, and blue moves in and attacks. Red's arrow connects, as does the dog. Krudent looks hurt.

Constantin moves forward, as Braggett attacks, but again misses poorly. Mathos moves forward as does Gaius.

Combat Round 4

Encara (-7)
Krudenk (-14, Darkvision) [ooc] Needs Fort Save
Mathos
Orange
Green
Red
Blue
Constantin (Light Spell)
Gaius
Braggett/Mr. Kibbles (Continuous Flame)

In bold may act

Grand Lodge

Male Human (Azlanti) Bard (Duettist) 2 | HP 17/17 | AC 14, T 11, FF 13 CMD 10 | Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +3 | Init +8* | Perc +5 | SM +8/9 | Spells Remaining: level 1 3/3 | Bardic Performance Rounds 9/12

Constantin withdraws a wand from a holster at his belt and quickly taps Krudenk with it.

CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8

Stand fast, my friend, your strength may save us yet!

Currently granting +1 competence bonus to attacks and damage to allies who can hear me, and a +1 morale bonus to attacks (doesn't stack with bless) and damage (does!) to Pathfinders who can see me.

Dark Archive

13/13 Max || AC:15 T:11 FF:14 CMD:14 || Fort:+3 Refl:+1 Will:+2 || Init:+3 Perception:+4 || Lawful Neutral Male Human Inquisitor (Living Grimoire) (1) || Hand of the Acolyte 6/6

Question on the light before I post my actions. I am behind Braggart. I have 5 foot of light and so does he, so can I see 5 feet beyond him? AS in can I see the blue dog and the orange goblin?

Grand Lodge

male half-orc barbarian 1 | HP 8/14 (10/16), rage 5/7 | AC 19, T 13, FF 16 | F +6, R +5, W +2 | CMB +5, CMD 18 | Spd 30' | Perc +4 | Init +5

fort: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21

Krudenk shakes off the dog's bite with the help of Constantin's wand. He steps back again and swings back at the mangy cur.

attack+bless+inspire+rage-power attack: 1d20 + 6 + 1 + 1 + 2 - 1 ⇒ (14) + 6 + 1 + 1 + 2 - 1 = 23
damage+inspire+banner+rage+pa: 1d12 + 6 + 1 + 1 + 2 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 6 + 1 + 1 + 2 + 3 = 15

Sovereign Court

Male Human Alchemist(Dimensional Excavator/Promethean Alchemist/Royal Alchemist) 1 (AC 15/11/14; HP 9/9; Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +0; Init +3; CMD 15; Perception +7)

Waiting to see if our friendly barbarian did indeed take out the cur ;-)

Sovereign Court

Sir Kibble:
HP: 13/13 | AC: 17/13/14 | CMD: 15 | F: +5, R: +5, W: +1 | Speed: 35' | Perception: +5 (Low-light vision; Scent) | Init: +2
Male Gnome cavalier (Emissary) 1 | HP: 12/12 | AC: 20/12/19 | CMD: 13 | F: +4, R: +1, W: -1 | Spd: 20' | Per: +1 (Low-light vision) | Init :+1 | Challenge: 1/1 | Eternal Hope: 1/1 | Wand CLW 50/50

"Flailing around? FLAILING AROUND..." So incredulous is he at the insinuation of being a poor fighter, Lord Braggett doesn't even register the dog goo splattered all over his previously well polished armour "Well, forgive me for not wading in and leaving myself open to every attack the enemy throws at me!" He says as he swings and misses yet again Drat! "I have them just where I want them, while using proper fighting techniques!"

Rolls:

Kibbles attack on orange goblin
Atk. Bite; Bless: 1d20 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 2 + 1 = 12
Dmg.: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
Free trip attempt on hit; Bless: 1d20 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 2 + 1 = 19

Braggetts attack on orange goblin, have to pass ride check DC 10 first.

Ride, Atk. with Kibble|10: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25

Atk. Longsword; Inspire courage, Flag, Higher ground: 1d20 + 4 + 1 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 4 + 1 + 1 + 1 = 9
Dmg. Slashing; Inspire courage, Flag: 1d6 + 2 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 2 + 1 + 1 = 10

Immediate action for the first time Kibble is hit, if the roll is higher than opponents attack roll, then the attack is ignored.

Ride, Mounted combat: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21


These rolls... I have +7 to hit and I still miss a lowly Goblin. Sorry guys.

Grand Lodge

ES1 map

As Constantine draws the wand from his belt the dog attacks him with a bite. Bite attack vs AC: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12, but misses. He heals Krudenk with his wand. Gaius pauses for a moment to see what is happening in the battle, and Lord Braggett and his wolf continue to struggle with connecting with the beasts. Krudenk again steps back and connects with a second dog, and again sprays blood, bone, and chunks of brain all over Lord Braggett and the wolf.

@ Mathos you can see the orange goblin, but it has concealment

"We don't like your doggie" the goblins scream as the attack Mr. Kibbles

Orange Melee vs AC: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18
Dmg: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6
Green Ranged Attack vs AC: 1d20 + 5 - 4 ⇒ (3) + 5 - 4 = 4
Red Melee vs AC: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22
Dmg: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8

Combat Round 5

Encara (-7)
Krudenk (-6, Darkvision)
Mathos
Orange
Green
Red
Constantin (Light Spell)
Gaius
Braggett/Mr. Kibbles (-14 Mr. Kibbles) (Continuous Flame)

In bold may act

Sovereign Court

Male Human Alchemist(Dimensional Excavator/Promethean Alchemist/Royal Alchemist) 1 (AC 15/11/14; HP 9/9; Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +0; Init +3; CMD 15; Perception +7)

Gaius strides forward, and confidently takes a swing at the Red Goblin.

Fauchard: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22, for 1d10 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16 damage.

Note: I have Darkvision.

Sovereign Court

Sir Kibble:
HP: 13/13 | AC: 17/13/14 | CMD: 15 | F: +5, R: +5, W: +1 | Speed: 35' | Perception: +5 (Low-light vision; Scent) | Init: +2
Male Gnome cavalier (Emissary) 1 | HP: 12/12 | AC: 20/12/19 | CMD: 13 | F: +4, R: +1, W: -1 | Spd: 20' | Per: +1 (Low-light vision) | Init :+1 | Challenge: 1/1 | Eternal Hope: 1/1 | Wand CLW 50/50

Lord Braggett expertly guides Kibble away from the first goblin's attack, but unfortunately into the full brunt of another "You gonna let that stand, boy?" He asks the hurting wolf "Sic 'em!" Sir Kibble and the Knight pounce in a coordinated move, one strikes for the Goblin the left while the other lunges for the Goblin at the front. Both looking ferocious, covered as they are in the blood of their enemies, even though they drew none of it themselves.

Braggett has mounted combat which means he can ignore one hit to Kibble with a successful ride check, I included his roll in my previous post. So he should be at just -8 right now ;)

Rolls and Actions:

5' Step, Kibble attacks Orange, Braggett attacks Green.

Kibbles attack on orange goblin

Atk. Bite; Bless: 1d20 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 2 + 1 = 18
Dmg.: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
Free trip attempt on hit; Bless: 1d20 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 2 + 1 = 10

Braggetts attack on green goblin, have to pass ride check DC 10 first.

Ride, Atk. with Kibble|10: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25

Atk. Longsword; Courage, Bless, Higher ground: 1d20 + 4 + 1 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 4 + 1 + 1 + 1 = 17
Dmg. Slashing; Courage: 1d6 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 2 + 1 = 8

Immediate action for the first time Kibble is hit, if the roll is higher than opponents attack roll, then the attack is ignored.

Ride, Mounted combat: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9

51 to 93 of 93 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Gm Aosrax [PFS] ES1 All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.