Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Starfinder


Pathfinder Society


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Paizo.com Gift Certificates
On Sale and Clearance!

GM Aosrax [PFS] Emerald Spire 1

Game Master Aosrax


1 to 50 of 98 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | next > last >>
Grand Lodge

ES1 map

Welcome to this PbP of ES1. I hope that you enjoy it. There is a lot of background information which I'm putting in spoilers to save space.

Background information:
Six miles northeast of Fort Inevitable lies one of the deepest and strangest dungeons to be found anywhere in the lands of the Inner Sea—the Emerald Spire. Like an iceberg, this weird structure shows only a small portion of itself above the surface; level upon level of hidden vaults and mysterious crypts lie buried deep below the ground. Few of the people living in Fort Inevitable or the surrounding lands have even the slightest inkling of the dungeon’s true extent, let alone its astounding age. Standing in a wide clearing within the Echo Wood, the Emerald Spire is the ruin of a large Azlanti tower that appears to be made of green glass harder than stone. The upper portions of the tower were destroyed long ago, leaving broken, half melted glass blocks lying jumbled around the tower’s perimeter and the ground nearby. The site is well known to locals from both Fort Inevitable and Thornkeep, and many travelers passing through the Crusader Road area make the trek into the forest to look on the ruins—from a safe distance. The Spire’s ruins are known to be infested with dangerous monsters, and the surroundings attract an unhealthy number of bandits, raiders, and hungry predators.

The Story of the Spire:
In the unthinkable depths of time, the mysterious Vault Builders carved vast homes in the subterranean recesses of the world. They left their fingerprints in many places in the Darklands beneath Golarion, delving colossal cavern-worlds and sculpting titanic magical constructs that strengthened these vaults against collapse, supplied them with air and water, and filled them with whatever specimens and artifacts the Vault Builders saw fit to preserve. Most of the Vault Builders’ works were entirely buried miles below the surface—but not the Emerald Spire. Why the Vault Builders created the Spire or when they abandoned it, no one can say. Like many other strange wonders in the world’s depths, the Emerald Spire was forged with mighty magic, served its purpose for untold centuries, and in time was forgotten by its makers. What remains today is the titanic splinter of strange green crystal embedded in the earth, almost 2 miles long from its bottommost point to its broken crown. Only a tiny fraction of its uppermost end pierces the surface, rising a few dozen feet above the ground.

The adventure starts off in Unringen where you meet Venture Captain Sayin Firewyne. As you enter the Pathfinder Lodge Known as the Gristmill, she beckons you into a small room to the east. "Thank goodness that you have arrived. I am in need of a group of pathfinders to embark on a task that I have been assigned. The sage Abernard Royst of Fort Inevitable has spent years collecting scraps of information about a place called The Emerald Spire. He suspects that the Spire itself has little to do with the Azlanti who once lived in the Echo Wood, but that it’s instead associated with mysterious powers from the dawn of the world. He has requested a group of hearty pathfinders to be sent his way so that he can commission a survey of the spire itself. I have a letter of introduction for you, and have arranged transportation to Fort Inevitable. I am aware that your group has just formed, so please feel free to provide introductions, and make haste as the transport leaves shorty.' she says quickly leaving to attend to other tasks.

Sovereign Court

Sir Kibble:
HP: -1/13 | AC: 17/13/14 | CMD: 15 | F: +5, R: +5, W: +1 | Speed: 35' | Perception: +5 (Low-light vision; Scent) | Init: +2
Male Gnome cavalier (Emissary) 1 | HP: 12/12 | AC: 20/12/19 | CMD: 13 | F: +4, R: +1, W: -1 | Spd: 20' | Per: +1 (Low-light vision) | Init :+1 | Challenge: 1/1 | Eternal Hope: 1/1 | Wand CLW 50/50

A Gnome with a long colourful beard and curled moustache calls after the venture captain "Have no fear, my Lady, this thing shall be done with all the expertise you would expect from a highly trained Knight such as myself!" Still sitting on the back of a large grey wolf, the gnome addresses the other Pathfinders, saluting them by holding a fist over his heart "Greetings! I am Lord Braggett Fizzlebotham the fourth, and this..." he gestures towards the shaggy wolf in leather barding "This is Sir Kibble. You need fear nothing while we are near, for I, as a trained Knight and Nobleman, can take on any foe with chivalrous ease." Armed to the teeth and armoured in a fancy breastplate, he certainly looks like he can handle himself.

Sense Motive DC 15:
The only thing noble about Braggett is his intentions and it seems doubtful, by the way he holds himself, that he ever had any training.

Bluff: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15

Sovereign Court

Resources:
Spells 1: 5/5
Blackened Lore Oracle 1 | HP 11/11 | AC 18, T 15, FF 13, CMD 6 | F+3, R+5, W+0 (+7 vs. charm and compulsion) | Init +7 | Perception -2

Encara looks to be a scholar of Varisian descent, minimally armed, and well groomed, although with blackened, withered arms.

He politely nods but does not extend a hand "Greetings, I'm Encara and honored to be travelling with you."

Quite the opposite of Kibble and Fizzlebotham, Encara appears like he would be much more at home in a library doing research than as a field agent.

Dark Archive

13/13 Max || AC:15 T:11 FF:14 CMD:14 || Fort:+3 Refl:+1 Will:+2 || Init:+3 Perception:+4 || Lawful Neutral Male Human Inquisitor (Living Grimoire) (1) || Hand of the Acolyte 6/6

A young man wearing the vestments of an Asmodean cleric peers over Lord Braggart's head. He carries with him a large book. Its bindings are heavy iron and the man holds it close to his chest. It bears the symbol of Asmodeus on the cover.

You say that this spire may be from the dawn of the world. The prince of darkness was there at the dawn of the world and I would very much like to see this tower. It is abandoned, isn't it? I was told it was abandoned.

Grand Lodge

male half-orc barbarian 1 | HP 8/14 (10/16), rage 5/7 | AC 19, T 13, FF 16 | F +6, R +5, W +2 | CMB +5, CMD 18 | Spd 30' | Perc +4 | Init +5

A young half-orc wiggles his ear curiously as he listens to the briefing. "This sounds like a fine opportunity to prove ourselves as Pathfinders!" He eagerly greets the others and introduces himself as Krudenk.

All done with updating and ready to go!

Grand Lodge

Male Human (Azlanti) Bard (Duettist) 2 | HP 17/17 | AC 14, T 11, FF 13 CMD 10 | Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +3 | Init +8* | Perc +5 | SM +8/9 | Spells Remaining: level 1 3/3 | Bardic Performance Rounds 9/12

Constantin introduces himself in florid fashion, then turns curiously to Firewyne.
To prove ourselves is cause enough to fight,
and knowledge's rewards are great and true.
But speak to me, good captain, if you will
what threats await us in the dark below?

Sovereign Court

Male Human Alchemist(Dimensional Excavator/Promethean Alchemist/Royal Alchemist) 1 (AC 15/11/14; HP 9/9; Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +0; Init +3; CMD 15; Perception +7)

An old Half-Elf, his body thick with wiry, corded muscle, strides into the room, his bushy beard poking out at all angles.

"Greetings. I am Gaius Plinius Secundus, but you may call me Pliny. I came to field work rather late in my career - I was more of an itinerant scholar for much of it, but I am eager to get my hands dirty, as it were!"

Still slightly a work in progress, but I should have the bumps ironed-out shortly :-)

Grand Lodge

ES1 map

As the party makes introductions, they realize that there is a long road of travel ahead. Mathis realizes that he was talking to the back of the Venture Captain, but may have elicited a response from the rest of the party. Unsure of what lays ahead, the group of hearty adventurers finds the caravan leading to Fort Inevitable.

Fort Inevitable is a small town just off the Crusader Road, sandwiched between the West Sellen River and the Echo Wood. It is ruled by members of the Hellknight Order of the Pike, but is otherwise unclaimed by any of the other political entities of the River Kingdoms.

The town is ruled with an iron fist by Lady Commander Audara Drovust, a paralictor of the Hellknight Order of the Pike. She has both complete civil and military authority, and makes nearly every important decision in the town. The Paralictor also carries the titles of high magistrate, tax assessor, director of public works, keeper of the treasury, and chief regulator of business and commerce. In such a freedom-loving place as the River Kingdoms, one might expect that the citizens of the town would chafe under the Hellknights' draconian rule. Instead, they seem to tolerate the Commander's heavy-handed method, preferring it to the risk and lawlessness of other nearby towns such as Thornkeep.

From its stern keep, companies of Hellknights ride forth to enforce the strict laws of their commander and bring authority to the unclaimed lands of the Crusader Road. While the taxes imposed by the town’s rulers are heavy and the laws inflexible, no one can deny that prosperity has followed the Hellknights’ establishment of hard justice in this small corner of the River Kingdoms. Merchants, travelers, and adventurers journeying on the Crusader Road find that Fort Inevitable provides a rare island of safety in an otherwise lawless land—so long as one is careful not to run afoul of the Hellknights’ laws.

As the adventurers approach the North Gate, one of the three Hellknights guarding the gate remove her helmet and take a few step toward the party.

"Welcome to Fort Inevitable, travelers. May i ask what bring you on this part of the Crusader Road?"

Sovereign Court

Resources:
Spells 1: 5/5
Blackened Lore Oracle 1 | HP 11/11 | AC 18, T 15, FF 13, CMD 6 | F+3, R+5, W+0 (+7 vs. charm and compulsion) | Init +7 | Perception -2

Encara looks significantly worse for wear over the long journey. His hair is no longer well kempt, and his clothes are quite dusty and beginning to fray a bit.

Encara answers the guard "We have come at the request of local scholar Abernard Royst. He has requested our help with a research project."

Grand Lodge

Male Human (Azlanti) Bard (Duettist) 2 | HP 17/17 | AC 14, T 11, FF 13 CMD 10 | Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +3 | Init +8* | Perc +5 | SM +8/9 | Spells Remaining: level 1 3/3 | Bardic Performance Rounds 9/12

Constantin strives to be immaculate at all times, and certainly doesn't allow himself to be disheveled in front of a Hellknight, Our goals are simple here, to learn and then
to make reports on knowledge fairly won.
Prepared are we, with letters of good grace.
Gods' truth, we'd not wish trouble if we dared!

Sovereign Court

Sir Kibble:
HP: -1/13 | AC: 17/13/14 | CMD: 15 | F: +5, R: +5, W: +1 | Speed: 35' | Perception: +5 (Low-light vision; Scent) | Init: +2
Male Gnome cavalier (Emissary) 1 | HP: 12/12 | AC: 20/12/19 | CMD: 13 | F: +4, R: +1, W: -1 | Spd: 20' | Per: +1 (Low-light vision) | Init :+1 | Challenge: 1/1 | Eternal Hope: 1/1 | Wand CLW 50/50

Lord Braggett insisted that he should ride the whole journey so that he could protect the caravan from bandits, and finally pulls the tired looking Sir Kibble to a halt just in front of the Hellknight "Greetings, fellow Knight. I am Lord Braggett Fizzlebotham the Fourth, perhaps you have heard of me? No? Well no matter, as these fine fellows have said, we are here, by request, to survey the surrounding area. Perhaps you could point us in the direction of one... Err..." He looks to Encara "What did you say his name was again? Abernard Royst?"

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17

Dark Archive

13/13 Max || AC:15 T:11 FF:14 CMD:14 || Fort:+3 Refl:+1 Will:+2 || Init:+3 Perception:+4 || Lawful Neutral Male Human Inquisitor (Living Grimoire) (1) || Hand of the Acolyte 6/6

Mathos visibly relaxes at the sight of the Hellknights. He speaks to the others in the group. It is good to see that standards are kept high and that proper order is being kept.

And to Lord Braggart he says Yes, Abernard Royst. That's the fellow.

Sovereign Court

Male Human Alchemist(Dimensional Excavator/Promethean Alchemist/Royal Alchemist) 1 (AC 15/11/14; HP 9/9; Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +0; Init +3; CMD 15; Perception +7)

A seasoned traveler, Gaius does not seem especially worse for wear from the journey.

When his colleagues state their business, he does his best to pile on with the affirmations.

"Indeed! We have business with the Scholar Abernard. Perchance you might be able to direct us to where we can find him...?"

Grand Lodge

male half-orc barbarian 1 | HP 8/14 (10/16), rage 5/7 | AC 19, T 13, FF 16 | F +6, R +5, W +2 | CMB +5, CMD 18 | Spd 30' | Perc +4 | Init +5

The young half-orc has sense enough to remain silent and let those with the gift of gab take the lead.

Grand Lodge

ES1 map

The guards approach the group with an eye of suspicion. "Abernard Royst is looking for a group to explore The Emerald Spire. I'm guessing that's you. You can find him in the tavern nearby. Be warned though, we have strict laws in this town, and violation of them or ruckus has severe consequences. We will be keeping an eye on you." he says. The guards after a quick search send the group on their way.

For those of you unaware of the Hellknights, they are a lawful evil group.

Dark Archive

13/13 Max || AC:15 T:11 FF:14 CMD:14 || Fort:+3 Refl:+1 Will:+2 || Init:+3 Perception:+4 || Lawful Neutral Male Human Inquisitor (Living Grimoire) (1) || Hand of the Acolyte 6/6

Mathos thanks the guard for his time. Thank you Sir Knight. We shall be sure to obey all local laws and customs.

As the group moves off Mathos looks to the party and begins to speak I know of these Hellknights. They are common in my homeland. They are not to be crossed. Be sure to not cause any trouble. I am a barrister, but I write contracts, not defend those who do not have due respect for legitimate authority

Sovereign Court

Male Human Alchemist(Dimensional Excavator/Promethean Alchemist/Royal Alchemist) 1 (AC 15/11/14; HP 9/9; Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +0; Init +3; CMD 15; Perception +7)

Gaius nods respectfully.

"Can we have a list of these laws? I am sure that we can guess most of them, but I would not want to accidentally run afoul of one."

Dark Archive

13/13 Max || AC:15 T:11 FF:14 CMD:14 || Fort:+3 Refl:+1 Will:+2 || Init:+3 Perception:+4 || Lawful Neutral Male Human Inquisitor (Living Grimoire) (1) || Hand of the Acolyte 6/6

We should be fine as long as we don't pick fights and are generally respectful. Perhaps Abernard can enlighten us on any more bizarre local laws. There is a small town in Ustalav where it is illegal to wear hot pink pants after midday on a Sunday.

Grand Lodge

Male Human (Azlanti) Bard (Duettist) 2 | HP 17/17 | AC 14, T 11, FF 13 CMD 10 | Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +3 | Init +8* | Perc +5 | SM +8/9 | Spells Remaining: level 1 3/3 | Bardic Performance Rounds 9/12

Of course to wear pink there calls forth the Dead.

Sovereign Court

Resources:
Spells 1: 5/5
Blackened Lore Oracle 1 | HP 11/11 | AC 18, T 15, FF 13, CMD 6 | F+3, R+5, W+0 (+7 vs. charm and compulsion) | Init +7 | Perception -2

Encara shifts uncomfortably at the mention of Ustalav.

Sovereign Court

Sir Kibble:
HP: -1/13 | AC: 17/13/14 | CMD: 15 | F: +5, R: +5, W: +1 | Speed: 35' | Perception: +5 (Low-light vision; Scent) | Init: +2
Male Gnome cavalier (Emissary) 1 | HP: 12/12 | AC: 20/12/19 | CMD: 13 | F: +4, R: +1, W: -1 | Spd: 20' | Per: +1 (Low-light vision) | Init :+1 | Challenge: 1/1 | Eternal Hope: 1/1 | Wand CLW 50/50

"Respect is my middle name and I never wear pink. I believe we should be just fine." Lord Braggett says as he rides up beside the others with a big grin on his face That was a real Knight! Not my favourite order, but still... I'm going to need something special to stand out in this crowd. Hah! I've got it! He starts chuckling quietly to himself for no apparent reason Before we leave, I will wield the mightiest of magic weapons!

Grand Lodge

ES1 map

The group arrives at the inn to find it somewhat crowded for this time of day.

Grand Lodge

Male Human (Azlanti) Bard (Duettist) 2 | HP 17/17 | AC 14, T 11, FF 13 CMD 10 | Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +3 | Init +8* | Perc +5 | SM +8/9 | Spells Remaining: level 1 3/3 | Bardic Performance Rounds 9/12

Constantin will circle through the inn, both stumping for the Society, and trying to pick up the local rumors.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 21

Sovereign Court

Sir Kibble:
HP: -1/13 | AC: 17/13/14 | CMD: 15 | F: +5, R: +5, W: +1 | Speed: 35' | Perception: +5 (Low-light vision; Scent) | Init: +2
Male Gnome cavalier (Emissary) 1 | HP: 12/12 | AC: 20/12/19 | CMD: 13 | F: +4, R: +1, W: -1 | Spd: 20' | Per: +1 (Low-light vision) | Init :+1 | Challenge: 1/1 | Eternal Hope: 1/1 | Wand CLW 50/50

Lord Braggett, now walking beside Kibble, tries to pick his way through the crowd "Good grief! How are we supposed to know who this scholar fellow is?" On seeing Constantin circle to the left, Braggett decides to circle right and tries to stop a passing serving maid "Excuse me, Lady fair! Do you perchance know where I could find a fellow by the name of Abernard Royst?" He also tries to gather as much information about their new employer as he can.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21

Dark Archive

13/13 Max || AC:15 T:11 FF:14 CMD:14 || Fort:+3 Refl:+1 Will:+2 || Init:+3 Perception:+4 || Lawful Neutral Male Human Inquisitor (Living Grimoire) (1) || Hand of the Acolyte 6/6

Seeing that Lord Braggett and Constantin have the search well in hand, Mathos orders a mug of ale and a meal. He will sit and listen to the goings on around him paying particular attention for mentions of Royst.

Diplomacy (Gather Info): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23

Grand Lodge

ES1 map

As Lord Braggett enters the tavern a gruff large human with barrels for arms quickly shouts out "You leave that pet of yours outside. I want no trouble from you, or I will be calling the knights to do with you as they please."

As Constantine circles the room, he learns that Abernard Royst is one of the most notable adventurers permanently residing in Fort Inevitable. Abernard is a cantankerous fellow who spends most of his time engaged in research and experimentation. He rarely risks life and limb in dungeons anymore, but always has a long list of unusual materials or difficult tasks he’s willing to hire adventuring parties to acquire or perform for him.

Mathis hears the same information, and also notices a white haired sage of around 55 years old sitting by himself in the back of the inn. His table is covered with papers and journals that appear to be of his own work. Closer inspection reveals notes probably of some research that this man is doing. In front of him is a tall glass of red wine.

Dark Archive

13/13 Max || AC:15 T:11 FF:14 CMD:14 || Fort:+3 Refl:+1 Will:+2 || Init:+3 Perception:+4 || Lawful Neutral Male Human Inquisitor (Living Grimoire) (1) || Hand of the Acolyte 6/6

Mathos calls the other members of the group over and points out the white-haired gentleman to them. Might that be our man?

He will leave it to others to approach then man, he still has half a mug of ale and some pie to attend to.

Grand Lodge

Male Human (Azlanti) Bard (Duettist) 2 | HP 17/17 | AC 14, T 11, FF 13 CMD 10 | Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +3 | Init +8* | Perc +5 | SM +8/9 | Spells Remaining: level 1 3/3 | Bardic Performance Rounds 9/12

Constantin attempts to soothe the barrel-armed bouncer, Fret not, good sir, no trouble will we cause.

Leaving Mathos to his pie, he then approaches the busy sage with a friendly salutation.

Sovereign Court

Sir Kibble:
HP: -1/13 | AC: 17/13/14 | CMD: 15 | F: +5, R: +5, W: +1 | Speed: 35' | Perception: +5 (Low-light vision; Scent) | Init: +2
Male Gnome cavalier (Emissary) 1 | HP: 12/12 | AC: 20/12/19 | CMD: 13 | F: +4, R: +1, W: -1 | Spd: 20' | Per: +1 (Low-light vision) | Init :+1 | Challenge: 1/1 | Eternal Hope: 1/1 | Wand CLW 50/50

Stupid little backwater town! Of all the indignities... Lord Braggett turns bright red, bristling with anger "Where I'm from, the noble steeds of Knights are treated with more respect!" he shouts back, before storming out of tavern with Sir Kibble. Once outside he calms down slightly "Don't worry about him Kibble, we're in uncivilised country and the people know no better." He gives Sir Kibble a chunk of jerky to chew on and tells him to stay.

Handle Animal, Push|25: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (5) + 12 = 17

Unfortunately, when Lord Braggett tries to re-enter the inn, Sir Kibble follows. Braggett sighs "Quite right, you should be able to enter! Well if they don't want you, we don't want them... Besides we have a magical sword to concoct!" He hops back into the saddle "Onwards, Sir Kibble! Let us see if this backwards place has a spellcaster, at least". They trot off, leaving the others to get the details of their mission.

In hindsight, I should have taught Kibble the 'stay' trick instead of 'guard'. Can you take 20 to push an animal companion?

Grand Lodge

ES1 map

I would assume that you can take 20 on that check as you're not in danger of consequences of failure, or under a time constraint. It just takes 20 times as long to make it successful.

The barrel armed man seems to be ready to take action with the disrespectful behavior of Lord Braggett's comments, however restrains himself with Constantin's comment. "You better get your runt in order. We have no patience for that type of behavior here."

Waiting for someone to approach the table.

Sovereign Court

Sir Kibble:
HP: -1/13 | AC: 17/13/14 | CMD: 15 | F: +5, R: +5, W: +1 | Speed: 35' | Perception: +5 (Low-light vision; Scent) | Init: +2
Male Gnome cavalier (Emissary) 1 | HP: 12/12 | AC: 20/12/19 | CMD: 13 | F: +4, R: +1, W: -1 | Spd: 20' | Per: +1 (Low-light vision) | Init :+1 | Challenge: 1/1 | Eternal Hope: 1/1 | Wand CLW 50/50

Constantin did approach the table ;)

Sovereign Court

Resources:
Spells 1: 5/5
Blackened Lore Oracle 1 | HP 11/11 | AC 18, T 15, FF 13, CMD 6 | F+3, R+5, W+0 (+7 vs. charm and compulsion) | Init +7 | Perception -2

Encara joins Constantin in greeting the man he hopes is the sage they are looking for.

"greetings"

Encara smiles warmly.

Grand Lodge

ES1 map

The white haired sage looks up from his research. "What, where... who are you? Why are you bothering me? Can't you see I have important research to do? Putting these scraps of information together... Histories of the Aslanti... I need more information. Where are those blasted Pathfinders. I sent for them so long ago. I need that information..." he bumbles.

Sovereign Court

Resources:
Spells 1: 5/5
Blackened Lore Oracle 1 | HP 11/11 | AC 18, T 15, FF 13, CMD 6 | F+3, R+5, W+0 (+7 vs. charm and compulsion) | Init +7 | Perception -2

Encara clears his throat and presents his blackened arms out in peace

"Blasted pathfinders, reporting as requested." Encara smiles.

Grand Lodge

male half-orc barbarian 1 | HP 8/14 (10/16), rage 5/7 | AC 19, T 13, FF 16 | F +6, R +5, W +2 | CMB +5, CMD 18 | Spd 30' | Perc +4 | Init +5

Krudenk follows the others over to Royst and grins at Encara's response. "What information can we provide to you, sir?" asks the young half-orc politely.

Dark Archive

13/13 Max || AC:15 T:11 FF:14 CMD:14 || Fort:+3 Refl:+1 Will:+2 || Init:+3 Perception:+4 || Lawful Neutral Male Human Inquisitor (Living Grimoire) (1) || Hand of the Acolyte 6/6

Mathos finishes up his pie and ale and joins Krudenk and Encara at the table with Royst. He sneaks a look at the papers spread on the table to try to gather some indication of what to expect within the spire.

Grand Lodge

ES1 map

The man addresses the group."Ahhh.. of course, but I expected you weeks ago. Never mind that now though. As you know, I am researching the Emerald Spire, but I need a group to help me with my research. The task is simple. All I need is a group to explore the first floor of the spire, report on what you find, and draw me a nice map. It should be an easy task. Now get to it, you have already set my research back a week." He says turning back to his research.

Sovereign Court

Resources:
Spells 1: 5/5
Blackened Lore Oracle 1 | HP 11/11 | AC 18, T 15, FF 13, CMD 6 | F+3, R+5, W+0 (+7 vs. charm and compulsion) | Init +7 | Perception -2

Encara waits patiently for Royst to finish talking before responding.

Waiting too long apparently...

Encara clears his throat and tries to interrupt Mr. Royst as politely as possible.

"Pardon me, but any information you have provided seems to have not made it's way to us, but we do have some basic questions, that I believe you may wish to answer."

Encara pauses a moment to make sure he is paying attention before asking.

"Where exactly is the Spire and how do we get there from here?"

Grand Lodge

male half-orc barbarian 1 | HP 8/14 (10/16), rage 5/7 | AC 19, T 13, FF 16 | F +6, R +5, W +2 | CMB +5, CMD 18 | Spd 30' | Perc +4 | Init +5

Krudenk asks, "If you don't mind, sir, what can we expect to find there? What kind of creatures live in this Spire?"

Sovereign Court

Male Human Alchemist(Dimensional Excavator/Promethean Alchemist/Royal Alchemist) 1 (AC 15/11/14; HP 9/9; Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +0; Init +3; CMD 15; Perception +7)

Gaius nods.

"Agreed. The more you are able to tell us, the more like we will not only be successful, but that we will be prompt about it."

Grand Lodge

ES1 map

The man glances at Encara and answers "You don;t know the way? By gods! I thought that I had sent away for some Pathfinders. Apparently I guess I'll make do with baby pathfinders. I guess I'll draw you a map." He pulls out a blank piece of paper and makes a circle with his pencil. "This is us here" He draws a line with an arrow roughly NE. "The spire is about here." and gives the paper to Encara. It is literally a circle with an arrow to the top right side of the paper, and is really no help at all.

He then turns to the rest of the group bewildered "What? Am I that hard to comprehend? I have no idea about the spire, that's why I'm sending you there. Well for sure I can deduce that it is old. Might even predate the Azlanti. But of course that is why I'm sending you on this little escapade. I'm sure it's probably abandoned by now, but you're Pathfinders. Okay baby pathfinders, but still you should be able to take care of yourselves if there is anything living there. And make sure to put that in your journal along with any forgotten artifacts."

"Now be off before you ask any more silly questions."

Grand Lodge

male half-orc barbarian 1 | HP 8/14 (10/16), rage 5/7 | AC 19, T 13, FF 16 | F +6, R +5, W +2 | CMB +5, CMD 18 | Spd 30' | Perc +4 | Init +5

Krudenk blushes at the man's brusque response. "Very well, yes sir. Let's get going."

Dark Archive

13/13 Max || AC:15 T:11 FF:14 CMD:14 || Fort:+3 Refl:+1 Will:+2 || Init:+3 Perception:+4 || Lawful Neutral Male Human Inquisitor (Living Grimoire) (1) || Hand of the Acolyte 6/6

Begrudgingly Mathos leaves the table. He hasn't got the answers that he wanted. Once the group is outside he turns to them. I am getting the impression that there may be creatures living inside the spire. I was told that this would be a simple mission to catalog the ruins and nothing more. I shall be having words with that Venture Captain when I return to Absalom.

He begins to mutter under his breath. First that debacle in Ustalav with that Doctor Quolorum and now this. Why did I ever leave Cheliax?

You can hear him continuing to mutter as he heads toward the stables.

i am assuming our horses, cart, whatever we are using to get to the spire are at the stables

Grand Lodge

Male Human (Azlanti) Bard (Duettist) 2 | HP 17/17 | AC 14, T 11, FF 13 CMD 10 | Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +3 | Init +8* | Perc +5 | SM +8/9 | Spells Remaining: level 1 3/3 | Bardic Performance Rounds 9/12

It seems our task has mysteries in store,
Which we must unveil for ourselves this day.
No help awaits us in the sage's mind.
Off to the dungeon now! In glory's name!

Suiting action to words, Constantin goes to help Mathos ready for the journey.

Sovereign Court

Sir Kibble:
HP: -1/13 | AC: 17/13/14 | CMD: 15 | F: +5, R: +5, W: +1 | Speed: 35' | Perception: +5 (Low-light vision; Scent) | Init: +2
Male Gnome cavalier (Emissary) 1 | HP: 12/12 | AC: 20/12/19 | CMD: 13 | F: +4, R: +1, W: -1 | Spd: 20' | Per: +1 (Low-light vision) | Init :+1 | Challenge: 1/1 | Eternal Hope: 1/1 | Wand CLW 50/50

Lord Braggett returns to the Inn just as the rest of the group are filing out, riding on the back of Sir Kibble and looking very pleased with himself "I trust that all went well?" he asks them "Hah! I bet the man talked your ears off with all the details of this mission. I know what these old sages are like."

Mathos wrote:
"I am getting the impression that there may be creatures living inside the spire."

"Worry not my scholarly friend, that is why I am here." He pats the scabbard attached to his belt "Sir Kibble and I can take care of anything that this 'Emerald Spire' can spit out!" He follows Mathos, Constantin and the others as they prepare to depart, recounting tales of his many heroic exploits.

Sorry for disappearing, every time I tried to post, the site went down. Plus I'll remember that I can take 20 to make Kibble stay safely outside next time :)

Grand Lodge

male half-orc barbarian 1 | HP 8/14 (10/16), rage 5/7 | AC 19, T 13, FF 16 | F +6, R +5, W +2 | CMB +5, CMD 18 | Spd 30' | Perc +4 | Init +5

Krudenk shrugs. "You didn't miss much in there actually. He was much too busy to tell us anything."

Grand Lodge

ES1 map

As the group exits the tavern with all the new information about their quest, they ask some of the locals about the spire. Although not able to gain much information, they learn that the spire is a little over three miles northeast of town in the middle of a forest. There is a clear trail from the fort to the spire. The group also learns that there the townsfolk have heard rumors that the spire is not empty, and there is rumor of goblins in the area. The adventurers can hire a carriage to take them there for 100g, or buy a horse for 75g. However it seems that the spire is only a few hours walk as well.

Grand Lodge

Male Human (Azlanti) Bard (Duettist) 2 | HP 17/17 | AC 14, T 11, FF 13 CMD 10 | Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +3 | Init +8* | Perc +5 | SM +8/9 | Spells Remaining: level 1 3/3 | Bardic Performance Rounds 9/12

A long brisk walk should cause us no distress.

Sovereign Court

Sir Kibble:
HP: -1/13 | AC: 17/13/14 | CMD: 15 | F: +5, R: +5, W: +1 | Speed: 35' | Perception: +5 (Low-light vision; Scent) | Init: +2
Male Gnome cavalier (Emissary) 1 | HP: 12/12 | AC: 20/12/19 | CMD: 13 | F: +4, R: +1, W: -1 | Spd: 20' | Per: +1 (Low-light vision) | Init :+1 | Challenge: 1/1 | Eternal Hope: 1/1 | Wand CLW 50/50

"Indeed! A brisk walk should keep us on our toes." Lord Braggett says, despite the fact that he is doing no walking himself "After all, we don't want to let those Goblins get the jump on us, do we."

Dark Archive

13/13 Max || AC:15 T:11 FF:14 CMD:14 || Fort:+3 Refl:+1 Will:+2 || Init:+3 Perception:+4 || Lawful Neutral Male Human Inquisitor (Living Grimoire) (1) || Hand of the Acolyte 6/6

Lead on. I suppose I can walk.

Even before the group has left the city limits Mathos is nervously glancing about. Peering into alleys and trying to see behind carts. Keep a look out for goblins. I cannot perish in this backwater.

1 to 50 of 98 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Gm Aosrax [PFS] ES1 All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.