Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Starfinder


Pathfinder Society


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Paizo.com Gift Certificates
On Sale and Clearance!

GM Aosrax PFS #00-13 The Prince of Augustana

Game Master Aosrax


151 to 172 of 172 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | next > last >>
Sovereign Court

Female Vishkanya HP 13/13| AC 16, T 13, FF 13| Fort +0*, Ref +6*, Will +1*| Init +3; Perc +6(+7 to locate traps)|Bardic Performance 0/4

save vs poison: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22
save vs nausea: 1d20 ⇒ 17
Syl'las continues to swim with the current.

Dark Archive

HP 10/12 | AC 14 T 10 FF 14 DR 1/cold iron | F +3 R +0 W +3 | CMD 12 | Init +8 | Perc +7 SM +3 | Channel (3/5) | Active Effects: --
GM Aosrax wrote:
Sure thing Baltzar, I'll make sure to make the adjustment. When did you pull the flask of alchemist fire? And what square of the swarm were you targeting?

Combat Round 2

He's targeting the square he just left, which would be on land.

Grand Lodge

ES1 map

@ Baltzar, Perfect, thank you.

Baltzar finally thinks that he knows how to deal with these creatures, and with that, he throws a flask of alchemist fire at the swarm. He connects with the flask, and the fire spreads throughout the swarm destroying it. Meanwhile, Syl'las struggles in the sewage as he passes by the destroyed swarm and the rest of the party.

Syl'las Swim check vs DC 15: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (4) - 1 = 3
Syl'las Fort Save from round 3: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (16) + 0 = 16
Syl'las Fort Save from round 4: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (12) + 0 = 12

Combat Round 4

Red
Stonelance -1
Angela

Baltzar -1 (-1 Str, Medium load, Diseased from earlier)
Syl'las -7 (-1 str, can still take 1 move action)
Yelek -6 (Running away 12 rounds to destination)
Dr. Whiskerson -5 (Diseased)

In bold may act

Grand Lodge

LN Halfling Investigator 1 | HP: 9/9 | AC: 17 (T 13, FF 14) | CMB: +0, CMD: 12 | F: +4, R: +5, W: +2 | Init: +2 | Perc: +7, SM: +1 | Speed 20ft | Extracts: CLW 1/1, Shield 1/1 | Inspiration 3/3 | Active conditions: None (okay ever so slightly pissed off)

Angela gives another horrified look as the swarms come out of the darkness and start crawling over Baltzar, she starts moving back before he rushes out of the swarm and douses then with an Alchemists fire. She gives a sigh of relief as they burn up. Only one more group to go!
After a moment, Syl'las floats by in the muck. This time she gives voice to her thoughts, "And Syl’las is safe, too. But it looks like she's having troubles, we should fish her out of there quickly. We should also probably fish Dr. Whiskerson out as well."

This may fudge with turn order but, if she can, Angela is going to try helping Syl’las.
Angela drops her bag, cracks her neck and starts to extend a hand before realizing she can't reach far enough. She then extends the butt of her spear, trying to give Syl’las a hand hold to grip onto.
Aid another Climb or Swim, with ACP: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (12) - 1 = 11 +4 to her next climb check (or, if Syl'las has to make a swim check to come under control, her next swim check)
Taking a move to move back, free to drop gear, and standard to aid.

Scarab Sages

N Ratfolk Alchemist (Interrogator) 1 | HP: 5/10 | AC: 17{Current 19} (13 Tch, 15 {17} Fl) +2 vs Animals | CMB: -2, CMD: 10 | F: +4, R: +4, W: -1 | Init: +2 | Perc: +5, SM: -1 | Speed 20ft/15ft w/pack | Injections: 5/6 | Formula: Level 1: 3/3 | Active conditions: Firebelly (Fire Resist 5); Shock Shield (+2 Shield AC and can 1 time aoe burst).

Hearing a loud explosion from somewhere above, Dr Whiskerson allows the current to carry him back to the surface. Uttering a sigh at the sight of the charred swarm, he quickly downs another tonic.

Attempting to scurry out of the muck, he grabs hold of the side of the walkway.

Climb: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (15) - 2 = 13

Standard - drink Shock Shield Elixir; Move attempt to climb out

Dark Archive

Male Nagaji Bloodrager 02 HP 22/22 - AC: 16 /T: 11 /FF: 15 - Perception +8 - F: +5 / R: +1 /W: +2 - CMB +6 - CMD +17 - Speed 40 - Init. +3

Meanwhile Yelek keeps running...

Liberty's Edge

M Human bolt ace 1 | HP 12/12 | AC 18; Tch 14; FF 14 | F +3; R +6; W +3 | CMB +1; CMD 15 | Init +6 | Perc +6

Stonelance flinches at the explosion but remains at Baltzar's side.

Grand Lodge

ES1 map

Angela runs beside the sewers working to fish Syl'las out of the sewage. Meanwhile, Stonelance remains at Baltzar's side. Dr. Whiskerson works on swimming to the side to climb out, but the current continues to thrash him about in the sewer. The remaining swarm moves over Baltzar, and attack him.

Damage Baltzar: 1d6 ⇒ 1 Poison: 1d2 ⇒ 2 DC 11 Fort And a DC 11 Fort Save or Nauseated

Combat Round 5

Red
Stonelance -1
Angela
Baltzar -1 (-1 Str, Medium load, Diseased from earlier)
Syl'las -7 (-1 str, can still take 1 move action)
Yelek -6 (Running away 12 rounds to destination)
Dr. Whiskerson -5 (Diseased)

In bold may act

Dark Archive

HP 10/12 | AC 14 T 10 FF 14 DR 1/cold iron | F +3 R +0 W +3 | CMD 12 | Init +8 | Perc +7 SM +3 | Channel (3/5) | Active Effects: --

Fortitude Nausea: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20

Question:
Does it poison if it can't overcome my DR?
Fortitude Poison: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9

Baltzar's experience in the Chillblight protects him from the spider's tiny bites, and he stumbles back from the swarm. He breaks the seal on the vial in his hand with his thumb and douses himself with the pungent repellent. He then retrieves another flask of alchemist's fire from his belt.

"Stonelance, run through the swarm to me."

Actions:
5 ft Step
Standard: Apply vermin repellent (retrieved round 3)
Move: Retrieve Flask of Alchemist's Fire

Vermin Repellent: DC15 Fort Save for a swarm to move into Baltzar's square, duration 4 hours.

Dark Archive

Male Nagaji Bloodrager 02 HP 22/22 - AC: 16 /T: 11 /FF: 15 - Perception +8 - F: +5 / R: +1 /W: +2 - CMB +6 - CMD +17 - Speed 40 - Init. +3

Yelek keeps running

Scarab Sages

N Ratfolk Alchemist (Interrogator) 1 | HP: 5/10 | AC: 17{Current 19} (13 Tch, 15 {17} Fl) +2 vs Animals | CMB: -2, CMD: 10 | F: +4, R: +4, W: -1 | Init: +2 | Perc: +5, SM: -1 | Speed 20ft/15ft w/pack | Injections: 5/6 | Formula: Level 1: 3/3 | Active conditions: Firebelly (Fire Resist 5); Shock Shield (+2 Shield AC and can 1 time aoe burst).

Struggling against the current, Nibbles tries to climb out of the much again. Realizing, he's probably going to need help with this, he clings to the side as he watches the approaching Swarm.

Burping out a spark, prepares to spew the contents at the swarm.
If the swarm looks like it's going to run over me, I'll use standard to emit 15ft cone of fire breath weapon

"Stand back guys! This might sting a little."

Climb: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (11) - 2 = 9

Readied Breath:

Fire Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 2
Reflex DC 16 for half

Sovereign Court

Female Vishkanya HP 13/13| AC 16, T 13, FF 13| Fort +0*, Ref +6*, Will +1*| Init +3; Perc +6(+7 to locate traps)|Bardic Performance 0/4

if thats the case

Syl'las reaches out to the spear and tries to grab hold.

climb+aide: 1d20 - 1 + 4 ⇒ (1) - 1 + 4 = 4

She misses the spear on this attempt

Liberty's Edge

M Human bolt ace 1 | HP 12/12 | AC 18; Tch 14; FF 14 | F +3; R +6; W +3 | CMB +1; CMD 15 | Init +6 | Perc +6

"YOU want me to run through that?" asks Stonelance incredulously, but already knowing he was going to give it a try.

Cursing under his breath he puts his head down and charges forward to Baltzar.

Grand Lodge

LN Halfling Investigator 1 | HP: 9/9 | AC: 17 (T 13, FF 14) | CMB: +0, CMD: 12 | F: +4, R: +5, W: +2 | Init: +2 | Perc: +7, SM: +1 | Speed 20ft | Extracts: CLW 1/1, Shield 1/1 | Inspiration 3/3 | Active conditions: None (okay ever so slightly pissed off)

Angela waits to see if her help was of any use to Syl'las.

As the woman thrashes around in the muck, her hands slipping off the spear-butt, Angela speaks up. "Syl’las, calm down, you don't have to rush. The others have this well under control." Her seemingly kind words are undermined by her glances to the rest of the group and a slightly peeved tone of voice.

Actions and rolls:

Delay to put her behind Syl’las in initiative. Standard to aid another.
Climb aid another: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (10) - 1 = 9... and she fails to help.
Sorry, Syl'las :(

Grand Lodge

ES1 map

The swarm attempts to move through Baltzar, however is unable to advance on him due to the repellant. However after noticing the repellant, the swarm clings to the wall and moves around Baltzar to attack Stonelance.

Swarm Fort: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

Damage Stonelance: 1d6 ⇒ 2 Poison Damage: 1d2 ⇒ 2 DC 11 Fort And a DC 11 Fort Save or Nauseated

Yelek continues the long run back to the last map, as Angela attempts to fish out Syl'las and Dr. Whiskerson.

Swim check Syl'las: 1d20 ⇒ 19
Swim Check Dr. Wiskerson: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (11) - 1 = 10

Syl'las is able to keep his head above the sewage, but finds himself unable to climb out. Dr. Whiskerson is not so lucky and plunges under the vile sludge.

Fort Save Syl'las vs DC 11: 1d20 ⇒ 10
Incubation: 1d4 ⇒ 3

Combat Round 6

Red
Stonelance -6
Angela
Baltzar -1 (-1 Str, Medium load, Diseased)
Syl'las -7 (-1 str, Diseased)
Yelek -6 (Running away 11 rounds to destination)
Dr. Whiskerson -5 (Diseased)

In bold may act

Dark Archive

Male Nagaji Bloodrager 02 HP 22/22 - AC: 16 /T: 11 /FF: 15 - Perception +8 - F: +5 / R: +1 /W: +2 - CMB +6 - CMD +17 - Speed 40 - Init. +3

I guess you know what Yelek will do by now

Yelek steps resound down the subterranean hallways as he closes in on the previous room

Liberty's Edge

M Human bolt ace 1 | HP 12/12 | AC 18; Tch 14; FF 14 | F +3; R +6; W +3 | CMB +1; CMD 15 | Init +6 | Perc +6

Fort: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13
Fort: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15

Stonelance immediately regrets his decision and runs out of the swarm and puts 25 feet between him and the swarm

Dark Archive

HP 10/12 | AC 14 T 10 FF 14 DR 1/cold iron | F +3 R +0 W +3 | CMD 12 | Init +8 | Perc +7 SM +3 | Channel (3/5) | Active Effects: --

Baltzar takes a step away from the swarm and throws the vial of alchemist's fire at the mass of spiders where the archer just vacated.

Ranged Touch: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
Fire: 1d6 ⇒ 4
Miss Direction: 1d8 ⇒ 7

Grand Lodge

LN Halfling Investigator 1 | HP: 9/9 | AC: 17 (T 13, FF 14) | CMB: +0, CMD: 12 | F: +4, R: +5, W: +2 | Init: +2 | Perc: +7, SM: +1 | Speed 20ft | Extracts: CLW 1/1, Shield 1/1 | Inspiration 3/3 | Active conditions: None (okay ever so slightly pissed off)

As she has moved down the initiative order behind Syl'las, Angela's next action depends on whether she makes her climb check or not.

If Syl'las fails:
With little else she can do Angela tries to fish Syl'Las out of the muck again.
Climb aid another: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (6) - 1 = 5

If Syl'las succeeds:

Angela moves up to where the thrashing movement of Dr. Whiskerson can be seen in the muck and extends the butt of her spear down once again.
Swim? Aid another: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (8) - 1 = 7

When Baltzar tosses his flask Angela gives a happy sound, somewhere between a cheer and a shout , that quickly turns into a groan of despair as she watches it land on the far side of the sewer.

I really hope it landing in a sewer water square doesn't mean the thing doesn't go off. That would suck! Almost as bad as these aid another rolls! Yay, I'm helpful... :'( Now I'm just going to go sob in a corner.

Dark Archive

HP 10/12 | AC 14 T 10 FF 14 DR 1/cold iron | F +3 R +0 W +3 | CMD 12 | Init +8 | Perc +7 SM +3 | Channel (3/5) | Active Effects: --

What kind of half long are you? I thought they were helpful.

Scarab Sages

N Ratfolk Alchemist (Interrogator) 1 | HP: 5/10 | AC: 17{Current 19} (13 Tch, 15 {17} Fl) +2 vs Animals | CMB: -2, CMD: 10 | F: +4, R: +4, W: -1 | Init: +2 | Perc: +5, SM: -1 | Speed 20ft/15ft w/pack | Injections: 5/6 | Formula: Level 1: 3/3 | Active conditions: Firebelly (Fire Resist 5); Shock Shield (+2 Shield AC and can 1 time aoe burst).

Climb: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (17) - 2 = 15

If Climb isn't enough...:
Swim: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (11) - 2 = 9
Splashy splashy...

Trying again to find his way out of the much, Whiskers turns toward the swarm, preparing to slaughter them. His eyes glow red with rage

-Posted with Wayfinder

Sovereign Court

Female Vishkanya HP 13/13| AC 16, T 13, FF 13| Fort +0*, Ref +6*, Will +1*| Init +3; Perc +6(+7 to locate traps)|Bardic Performance 0/4

Syl'las with her head above water now, she attempts to climb out..

climb: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (16) - 1 = 15

Was that enough to get a hold

151 to 172 of 172 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Aosrax PFS #00-13 The Prince of Augustana Discussion All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.